PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Teams Returning Starters

Milktruck74
December 14th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I like the Mocs Returning team. We are losing 4 on Offense (OL,TE,WR,RB). And 4 on Defense (2DLs, DE, LB). On O, we have back-ups that won't miss a beat. Defense will miss Tull and Lott, but this year the front four made up for the back 7...as the secondary gets stronger it'll take some pressure off the new front four....Lots of talent and lots of kids that have played a ton!!!! I like what is coming back. 14 returning starters. How about y'all?

ISUMatt
December 14th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Roberson & Coprich!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Roberson & Coprich!!!

Yikes!

With those two coming back, Ill State should be the favorite to win the Valley in '15.

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I like the Mocs Returning team. We are losing 4 on Offense (OL,TE,WR,RB). And 4 on Defense (2DLs, DE, LB). On O, we have back-ups that won't miss a beat. Defense will miss Tull and Lott, but this year the front four made up for the back 7...as the secondary gets stronger it'll take some pressure off the new front four....Lots of talent and lots of kids that have played a ton!!!! I like what is coming back. 14 returning starters. How about y'all?

The thing I appreciate most about Huesman's tenure is his adherence to taking high schools kids and red shirting the vast majority of them (and if he does take a high major transfer, they are almost always 3 year guys). After 6 seasons of this system, there is so much depth at most positions that I never really worry too much that there isn't someone right behind the seniors ready to step in and take their place. Granted, Tull and Lott are legitimate late-round NFL draft picks, and those aren't growing on trees at Chattanooga, so they will the biggest holes to replace. Next biggest hole after that is Shafaat, he might not have gotten tons of yards or TD's, but man, when you needed someone to go up and get a ball in a tough situation, that guy was golden.

saxbison
December 14th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Roberson & Coprich!!!

No. Just please no.

lionsrking2
December 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Southeastern Louisiana returns 7 starters on defense and 8 on offense, plus a large number of backups who played a lot of snaps. We'll have roughly 30 seniors next year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM
The thing I appreciate most about Huesman's tenure is his adherence to taking high schools kids and red shirting the vast majority of them (and if he does take a high major transfer, they are almost always 3 year guys). After 6 seasons of this system, there is so much depth at most positions that I never really worry too much that there isn't someone right behind the seniors ready to step in and take their place. Granted, Tull and Lott are legitimate late-round NFL draft picks, and those aren't growing on trees at Chattanooga, so they will the biggest holes to replace. Next biggest hole after that is Shafaat, he might not have gotten tons of yards or TD's, but man, when you needed someone to go up and get a ball in a tough situation, that guy was golden.

Huesman (QB) is a very good player. Really enjoyed watching him against UNH. With him coming back, UTC will be a top FCS team next year.

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Everyone but RB Hill on offense & FS Wade on defense.

Mattymc727
December 14th, 2014, 03:59 PM
UNH loses A LOT, but, if 11 straight playoffs are any indication, UNH will be just fine.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Yikes!

With those two coming back, Ill State should be the favorite to win the Valley in '15.

We don't play them again next year...so we could possibly tie them.

That said, I think our defense has some holes to fill next year.

HailSzczur
December 14th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cats losses aren't bad, the killer is 3/4 of the O-line though.....

Offense: WR Poppy Livers, C Ross Hall, OL Vince Kawolski, OL Peter Sitouri, RB Kevin Monangai (and backup Austin Medley), TE Ernest Pettway,

Defense: LB Joey Harmon, S Joe Sarnese, DB Jerry Miles, DL Pat Williams

Oh yeah, kicker Chris Gough too.....We're gonna lose sleep over that one.

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 04:38 PM
UNH loses A LOT, but, if 11 straight playoffs are any indication, UNH will be just fine.

I like our two deep for most positions but we will need to replace two great defensive ends an amazing all everything WR in Harris and a very good possession WR in Giansante. We will also need Crossan to stay healthy at RB and find some depth in some young players for that position to be effective.

Sammy94
December 14th, 2014, 06:47 PM
20 starters return for the Kats. Should be looking at a high seed this time next year.

CasualFan
December 14th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Coastal is losing:

Offense: RT, RG, C
Defense: Mike LB, Sam LB, CB, plus the FS that played at the end of the season (the injured starter will be back though)

Edit: Technically our QB was supposed to walk graduation a few hours before the NDSU game, but I think he will stick around for an MBA.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Casual...your Avatar threw me wayyy off at first.

Bisonwinagn
December 14th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Roberson & Coprich!!!

So who do you lose is the question?

CasualFan
December 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Casual...your Avatar threw me wayyy off at first.
:) I like the avatar challenge.

tomq04
December 14th, 2014, 09:32 PM

Ewu is losing 2 RB, and a pair of receivers. 1 of the returning RBs saw lots of carriers this year and will be fine next year.

WRs are stocked far and wide, and VA has one more year.

Defense had 4 major injuries before the year even started and I believe they will all be eligible for a 6th year assuming they were seniors...I don't know all the details.

chattownmocs
December 15th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Don't forget toyvian brand a versatile multiyear starter redshirted this year. Keionta davis may not have started but he is probably better than rayl. And our biggest and 2nd best olineman synjen herren will be backbof acl surgery.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Offense a lot...Defense not a lot. NDSU could be an interesting team next year, the defense will be need to build itself back up but the offense will be loaded.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Keionta davis may not have started but he is probably better than rayl.

Definitely better...a lot better. Was wondering if maybe he's not an 'every-down-guy' effort or conditioning-wise and that's why he was not a starter. Very talented player and played with a very high motor when he was in the game. Not saying Davis is cuz I don't know, but I coached a kid like that on DL once. If I let him play the whole series, he would loaf 75% of the time, but if I only put him in on 3rd downs, he would make a play 75% of the time on that 1 play.

And our biggest and 2nd best olineman synjen herren will be backbof acl surgery.

Not sure that he's not THE BEST Mocs OLman...'accolades' aren't always the most accurate reflection of actual play/production in the OL..and often quite off-target.

...Mocs definitely 're-loading' in 2015...dangit!

Go Green
December 15th, 2014, 07:19 AM
UNH loses A LOT.

Just Dartmouth's luck to NOT schedule a game against UNH in 2015. :(

Anyone who cares, Dartmouth is bringing back plenty from an 8-2 team.

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Don't forget toyvian brand a versatile multiyear starter redshirted this year. Keionta davis may not have started but he is probably better than rayl​. And our biggest and 2nd best olineman synjen herren will be backbof acl surgery.

20323....WHERE IS YER RECRUTIN' TERRITORY.....VIET NAM.........xconfusedx......BRAWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 08:33 AM
20 starters return for the Kats. Should be looking at a high seed this time next year.

This^^^^ While Keyshawn Hill and Michael Wade will be missed, the entire offense and defense basically return intact. And we have Jared Johnson and LaDarius Brown for two more years. And we have PJ HALL FOR THREE MORE YEARS!!! xsmiley_wix

Nickels
December 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
And we have PJ HALL FOR THREE MORE YEARS!!! xsmiley_wix
He could honestly end up being the best player in SHSU history if he stays healthy and keeps improving.

knucklehead
December 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Liberty is returning a stacked offense. Woodrum, Anbar, Rice, Shells, and Peterson all back. Lose a couple of OLineman, a TE, and a WR.

Defense is loosing a few key pieces, chiefly Sigmon, Hagen, and Davis. But ruturning a lot of Talent and depth.

THE HERD
December 15th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Roberson & Coprich!!!

Question for ya Matt......is the big safety recruit you beat us out for this year playing as a true freshmen at all for you guys? I cannot remember his name off the top of my head, but I believe his last name started with a K. He had preferred walk on offer from Minnesota and possibly the Badgers. Maybe some Bison fans can help me out as well. Just wondering, because we wanted him pretty bad and from all indications he would have been big enough and athletic enough to contribute right away....was it Kocur or something like that??

NDSU_grad
December 15th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Question for ya Matt......is the big safety recruit you beat us out for this year playing as a true freshmen at all for you guys? I cannot remember his name off the top of my head, but I believe his last name started with a K. He had preferred walk on offer from Minnesota and possibly the Badgers. Maybe some Bison fans can help me out as well. Just wondering, because we wanted him pretty bad and from all indications he would have been big enough and athletic enough to contribute right away....was it Kocur or something like that??
Alex Kocour.

Jason Svoboda
December 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Return all but 1 defensive starter and offensively everyone but QB, RB and OC. Bigger roles will be had for RB Taylor and WR Tonyan and ISU just took a commit from former Cal QB Zack Kline to come in and compete with redshirt FR QB Matt Adam. Adam has one career start, the 20-18 loss to Illinois State this year after Perish suffered a concussion against UNI.

ISU loses QB Perish, RB Logan, WR Johnson, WR Reyes, WR O'Leary, WR Harris, OL Jelovic, LB Tuuu, S Layne.

http://www.sycamorepride.com/showthread.php?33376-My-Farewell-to-the-2014-Seniors

THE HERD
December 15th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Alex Kocour.

You know if he redshirted or not?

KUlawJack
December 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Starters returning on offense: 7 (8, if you count the half season Lujan started, but I don't know if he'll even start next year). Obvious losses: Sumner, Zenner, Schneider.

We also get back a stud offensive lineman who had to sit this year with injury, so technically, we have 8 guys who've started returning, plus a few others who got starts due to injuries.

Starters returning on defense: 9.

We will also get back defensive all conference selection Chase Elmore to play OLB. He also was out all year with an injury. Along with him, we return 2 additional guys who had starting experience this season due to injury and changing up some things. We had two different guys start at SAM LB and they will be competing with Elmore for that position. We should be good to go in the back seven of our defense. The DL needs to improve, including the emergence of a pass rusher. We missed that badly this year.

Return our kickoff guy and our longsnapper. Lose our punter and our place kicker Syrovatka.

Milktruck74
December 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Just saw that 3 freshmen (that played) are transferring from UT. A TE, RB and DE.... all three have 3years left and were 4 star recruits....UTC is close by and just happens to need a RB, a DE and a TE....Hmmmmm. Just as long as they aren't an attitude problem....there is usually some baggage with all transfers, and Russ won't take projects....but.....

chattownmocs
December 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The RB is particularly enticing. TE meh. Wouldnt mind the DE either. But, I think they are more likely FBS transfers.

ming01
December 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
You know if he redshirted or not?

he redshirted

REALBird
December 15th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Redbirds lose on DEF : Tevin Allen (DB), Dontae McCoy (S), Mike Banks (DB), Collin Keoshion (DL), Braden Prate (DL)
Redbirds lose on OFF: Cameron Meridith (WR), Necheen Neblett (WR), Michael Liedtke (OL), Jermaine Barton (OL), Rocco Ammons (OL), James O'Shaughnessey (TE)
Redbirds lose on Special Teams: CJ Laros (P), Nick Aussieker (K), Chris Highland (LS)

Freshman, Alex Koucour (DB) the DB played in 8 games and started 2 this year

Milktruck74
December 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
The RB is particularly enticing. TE meh. Wouldnt mind the DE either. But, I think they are more likely FBS transfers.

Depends on how bad they want to play NOW.

KPSUL
December 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Liberty is returning a stacked offense. Woodrum, Anbar, Rice, Shells, and Peterson all back. Lose a couple of OLineman, a TE, and a WR.

Defense is loosing a few key pieces, chiefly Sigmon, Hagen, and Davis. But ruturning a lot of Talent and depth.

Anbar is a province in Iraq, isn't your best running back Abnar?

knucklehead
December 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Stupid auto correct. Yep. Abnar.

World
December 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Redbirds lose on DEF : Tevin Allen (DB), Dontae McCoy (S), Mike Banks (DB), Collin Keoshion (DL), Braden Prate (DL)
Redbirds lose on OFF: Cameron Meridith (WR), Necheen Neblett (WR), Michael Liedtke (OL), Jermaine Barton (OL), Rocco Ammons (OL), James O'Shaughnessey (TE)
Redbirds lose on Special Teams: CJ Laros (P), Nick Aussieker (K), Chris Highland (LS)

Freshman, Alex Koucour (DB) the DB played in 8 games and started 2 this year

Yikes, top 3 receivers will be lost

Redbird Recon
December 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
he redshirted
No, Alec Kocour did not redshirt. He actually started a few games while our regular starter was out with injury.

Silenoz
December 15th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Griz lose:

QB, RB, TE, C, OG
FS, CB, DE, DT

We also lose our #2 RB, our #3 DT, our #2 QB and probably some other things (all off the top of my head)

Silenoz
December 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Bobcats lose:

RB, WR, TE, OG
DT, OLB, OLB, MLB, CB, FS, SS

UNIFanSince1983
December 15th, 2014, 04:51 PM
FWIW this is simply based on the two deep from ISUr playoff game

UNI on Offense Returners:
C Rathje, RG Hanson, TE Lehman
Defense:
DE Ales, DE McMakin, LB Dexter, CB Hall, CB Dorleant, SS Kilfoy
Special Teams;
K Schmadeke, P Bieghler, LS Simpson

We also return DL McNeil who was hurt midway through the season, and was a starter prior.

KPSUL
December 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Stupid auto correct. Yep. Abnar.

I make as many typos as anyone! Sorry, but yours was just too tempting to overlook.

Cocky
December 15th, 2014, 08:40 PM
6 starters
5 backups
a long snapper

Bam
December 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
EKU:

8 on the Offense- including D. Mobley xbowx
8 on the Defense
P back
KR back

A Coach to coach them up???? xbangxxbangx

Fordham
December 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Fordham loses an awful lot.

blackbeard
December 16th, 2014, 04:02 PM
SHU is losing a lot

Offense:
WR #1 receiver, WR #3 receiver, LT, LG, C, RT, 2 HB/TE, 2 RB

Defense:
DT, OLB, SS/OLB, FS, CB, CB, CB/S
All the 5 of DBs have 40+ starts for their careers.