PDA

View Full Version : FCS Semifinal: Sam Houston State @ North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Here we go! Rematch of the 2011 & 2012 NC games.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 03:27 PM
ESPN shows the game is still on

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Your feed was slow...

kdinva
December 13th, 2014, 03:29 PM
K C Keeler in the Fargo Dome will be fun!!

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 03:29 PM
SHSU wins. Hoping for a good game.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 03:30 PM
This is a different SHSU team than what we faced in Frisco.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I'll be shocked if SHSU comes close to beating the Bison. I know the Bison got pushed today but CCU is a better team than Sam Houston. NDSU will defend their title in Frisco...

Villanova with Robertson would have challenged NDSU more imo...

patssle
December 13th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'll be shocked if SHSU comes close to beating the Bison.

We're use to shocking you guys almost every single year by now. ;)

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 03:33 PM

And here come the excuses. Funny how we don't get them when our best offensive weapon missed the first two playoff games.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I expect a good game. NDSU by 2 scores.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 03:35 PM
And here come the excuses. Funny how we don't get them when our best offensive weapon missed the first two playoff games.

There's a difference between your best offensive player and the likely Payton winner. Everything 'Nova did on offense ran through Robertson.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I don't care how it turns out, but whoever wins, please do it 30. I can't take anymore :)

jub1982
December 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Sam Houston's getting hot at the right time. Tough game.

FargoBison
December 13th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I'll be shocked if SHSU comes close to beating the Bison. I know the Bison got pushed today but CCU is a better team than Sam Houston. NDSU will defend their title in Frisco...

Could be a game where SHSU's playoff mileage comes into affect. Saw it last year with UNH, eventually teams just wear down. Home field is huge in the playoffs, that said SHSU is playing very good football. I do agree though about VU and Roberston, guy is stud and would have been a handful.

DaBurds!!
December 13th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Some amazing poster predicted this...truly phenomenal!

Sam_Kats
December 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Bison by 4 scores. Why even play the game. We should just let Robertson take 2 WR's with him to Fargo to play NDSU because that would be closer. You know, since he was dinged up and all. No fair.

lionsrking2
December 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM
There's a difference between your best offensive player and the likely Payton winner. Everything 'Nova did on offense ran through Robertson.

We played Sam with our QB on one foot and a bad shoulder and we didn't make excuses. Best team won today.

TheEagleSHSU
December 13th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Kats vs the bison once again

BisonBohl
I can still perfectly remember the 2007 showdown between Steve Walker and Rhett Bomar. One of the best games I have ever seen.

This one should be fun!

Texas
We played Sam with our QB on one foot and a bad shoulder and we didn't make excuses. Best team won today.

Bingo. One man makes or breaks you, you probably didn't deserve to be there anyway.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Go ahead and say it NDSU "Assume the Position"

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 03:48 PM

I understand that but there's definitely a case of relativity with this. SELA has a fine QB but he does not have the pedigree of Robertson. Robertson will likely be named the most outstanding player in FCS. I'm sure Oregon has a very talented back-up QB but he's not Mariota.

This was like McCoy getting hurt against Alabama. I'm not picking on SHSU but there's no doubt they dodge a bullet today.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 03:49 PM

Thank you for doubting us. It's helped tremendously so far.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I can still perfectly remember the 2007 showdown between Steve Walker and Rhett Bomar. One of the best games I have ever seen.

This one should be fun!
Oh Man... That game was bonkers. I hope this one ends the same but has a different way of getting there.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 03:54 PM

This is my quote from the prediction thread...

"Villanova 38 SHSU 35 - I wanted to take SHSU but I think the Wildcats have just enough to scrape by at home. 'Nova must play better than the did last week if they want to advance imo. SHSU has the athletes to give 'Nova trouble. Robertson will drive the Bearkats crazy....."

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I hope CoachX comes back to AGS for a reunion. It wouldn't be the same without him

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Before the week goes on and I lose my cool...

Just want to say now the Bison are the gold standard of FCS we're proud to play them once again. And Bison fans are some of the coolest around.

Good luck next week Bison.

PS- Go BearKats!

patssle
December 13th, 2014, 03:55 PM

This one should be fun!

My video from that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2014, 03:56 PM

What? How?

You can't be saying that something a poster here is saying affects your team can you? xlolx

Either way, great job by the bearkats, tough to do what you've done.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
This is my quote from the prediction thread...

"Villanova 38 SHSU 35 - I wanted to take SHSU but I think the Wildcats have just enough to scrape by at home. 'Nova must play better than the did last week if they want to advance imo. SHSU has the athletes to give 'Nova trouble. Robertson will drive the Bearkats crazy....."

Points awarded for owning your prediction and showing up when it's wrong.

I can tell you're not a JSU fan.

herd13
December 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
If NDSU can figure out how to play defense again (which is very weird to say about NDSU), I feel confident they get a W in the dome but if the last 2 weeks is any indication it's going to be a nail-biter. My homer pick is NDSU 30 SHSU 24.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 04:03 PM
The Bison D is fine, yes they are far more mortal than last year or the last couple years, but let's face it. They have faced 2 damn good offensive teams so far and have found a way. The Coastal line that they saw today, was just flat out good.

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Congratulations to Sam Houston State for the win over Villanova. It will be different ending the Bearkats season in Fargo instead of Frisoc, LOL! Settle down SHSU fans it was a joke.

Dewey

katstrapper
December 13th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I understand that but there's definitely a case of relativity with this. SELA has a fine QB but he does not have the pedigree of Robertson. Robertson will likely be named the most outstanding player in FCS. I'm sure Oregon has a very talented back-up QB but he's not Mariota.

This was like McCoy getting hurt against Alabama. I'm not picking on SHSU but there's no doubt they dodge a bullet today.

Um, Brian Bennet was a Payton Award Nominee and as very much as capable as Robertson.

katstrapper
December 13th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Congratulations to Sam Houston State for the win over Villanova. It will be different ending the Bearkats season in Fargo instead of Frisoc, LOL! Settle down SHSU fans it was a joke.

Dewey

Again, this will be a tall task for this young team.

BEAR
December 13th, 2014, 04:12 PM
maybe if the SLC wasnt spending season after season beating up on each other it would get ranked higher as a conference. that and drop HBU and a few other teams. SAM has impressed these past three years and I can see UCA and McNeese coming back strong..along with SFA and SELA...and ACU!

Go get 'em Bearkats!

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2014, 04:23 PM
In the 2 games in Frisco I met quite a few SHSU fans. Hope that many of you will be able to make the trip to Fargo. I will be wandering through the visitor section handing out goodies as is usual during the playoffs. Thanking you all for making the trip.

May any it be a good game with no injuries. Cheer loud and proud for your team they earned the right to get this far.

Go Bison.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Congrats BearKats! Got to admit I didn't expect you guys to get this far this year. Tremendous job by your new coaching staff and players this season. They've done a great job of improving all season and have been playing outstanding these past few weeks. Looking forward to a fun week of board talk and another great game between our teams!

JSUBison
December 13th, 2014, 04:37 PM
What? How?

You can't be saying that something a poster here is saying affects your team can you? xlolx

Either way, great job by the bearkats, tough to do what you've done.

Here come the Decembrists....

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM

Yep.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 04:42 PM

20312....DAT....SOUNDS LIKE...AN EXCUSE TA ME....AWK!

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Can't wait for this game. It is a shame NDSU hasn't gotten to play some new teams in the playoffs so far, but these rematches are great drama.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 13th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Any chance Sam will make semifinalist finalist t shirts

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Any chance Sam will make semifinalist finalist t shirts
SHSU: 2014 FCS 3rd place banner?

katstrapper
December 13th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I expect Craig Haley and Sports Network to pick againt the Kats which is a good thing because they are 3-0 in playoffs when he does... xlolx

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM

December, when bandwagon fans appear on these boards and also the only time of the year people admit they live in North Dakota while sober.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 05:26 PM
SHSU: 2014 FCS 3rd place banner?

Maybe, because I believe actually counting to the number 3 will get you a Ph.D. from NDSU.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Maybe, because I believe actually counting to the number 3 will get you a Ph.D. from NDSU.
Welcome to AGS...once you hit 100 posts, you'll be relevant.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Welcome to AGS...once you hit 100 posts, you'll be relevant.

Wow, over 2,700 posts from you and you back down that easy?

Probably for the best, you have to get to bed early, I'm sure the Fargo MENSA chapter will miss their janitor.

PS- Jokes aside, the Bison are hands down the best in the FCS. I'm looking forward to the game.

frozennorth
December 13th, 2014, 05:38 PM

Ndsu wipes the floor with shsu academically, and ndsu isn't even anything special.

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm calling it now. Sam by 10

Bisonator
December 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I'm calling it now. Sam by 10

Wouldn't be shocked after todays game. This team seems to be living on the edge right now. I think that SDSU game took a lot out of them mentally and physically. Then another tough one against CCU today and yeah I'm not at all confident right now. Add in probably a short week and a very good SHSU team.......

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Ndsu wipes the floor with shsu academically, and ndsu isn't even anything special.

Hold those stellar hog judging scores from the county fair champ, it was a joke.

Side note: hog judging scores impress me because I really love bacon.

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah I'm not trying to troll NDSU, but if there ever was a game for NDSU to lose the streak, it's this one

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't be shocked after todays game. This team seems to be living on the edge right now. I think that SDSU game took a lot out of them mentally and physically. Then another tough one against CCU today and yeah I'm not at all confident right now. Add in probably a short week and a very good SHSU team.......

Agree with all of this, but the Fargo Dome is for real, it won't be easy.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Excited to get another crack at the Bison. And this time at the dome! Revenge would be sweet indeed served up in Fargo.

bisonpride4ever
December 13th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Hopefully the scoreboard operator gets a good stretch I'm before this game. I have a feeling he's going to be busy.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Should be a very good game!!

TennBison
December 13th, 2014, 06:56 PM
December, when bandwagon fans appear on these boards and also the only time of the year people admit they live in North Dakota while sober.
And you are a perfect example with just joining this month and your 18 posts.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 07:01 PM
This is a different SHSU team than what we faced in Frisco. different for sure but not necessarily better

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM
different for sure but not necessarily better

I like you.

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM
And you are a perfect example with just joining this month and your 18 posts.

Wow, you are quite the hall monitor. You joined in December 2012, hypocrisy much?

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:20 PM
If you guys want to be like Mr Texas and argue about who is the better message board guy go get on a smack thread. Talk football. NDSU's QB looked great today. Big kid strong arm. Crockett had a good game as well. Looking for the bearkats to try and establish the run. Our line will most definitely be tested on both sides of the ball. Ready for a great game.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I like you.

You should, he has gone full on douche-troll in the last month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be a great game.

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 07:32 PM
If you guys want to be like Mr Texas and argue about who is the better message board guy go get on a smack thread. Talk football. NDSU's QB looked great today. Big kid strong arm. Crockett had a good game as well. Looking for the bearkats to try and establish the run. Our line will most definitely be tested on both sides of the ball. Ready for a great game.

It wasn't about being a better message board guy, I'm saying you're a sunshine fan period. Let's be real here I can guarantee you don't support SHSU unless we are winning, any other weekend you are wearing UT/TCU/Baylor/TAMU gear.

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 07:34 PM
You should, he has gone full on douche-troll in the last month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be a great game.

I was referring the hard on he has to hate on Keeler. Don't get me wrong I don't love him but him winning makes me forgive a lot of his mistakes.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:37 PM
It wasn't about being a better message board guy, I'm saying you're a sunshine fan period. Let's be real here I can guarantee you don't support SHSU unless we are winning, any other weekend you are wearing UT/TCU/Baylor/TAMU gear.
I'm glad you think so. I had the privalidge to be very close/live with and being from the area grow up with SHSU football. Please stop, your embarrassing your self. (Kat Fan)

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Did you take new recruits out when they came to visits? Oh I did. Does your family help put on the football banquet? Oh mine does. Please, just go drink out of your bucket.

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Did you take new recruits out when they came to visits? Oh I did. Does your family help put on the football banquet? Oh mine does. Please, just go drink out of your bucket.

http://i.imgur.com/I4njP.gif

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Glad you agree. Have a good en.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Kat fight!!

(Damn, no popcorn emoticon on Tapatalk)

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Kat fight!!

There's no way to fight dumb. Believe southern Bison. Most REAL SHSU fans have more class that Texas.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Like xcoach??

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Like xcoach??
xnodx

melloware13
December 13th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Will be Friday night game, 12/19 8:00 East Coast Bias Time on ESPN2

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Kat fight!!

Ok, that's kinda funny.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Will be Friday night game, 12/19 8:00 East Coast Bias Time on ESPN2

Where did you see this?

344Johnson
December 13th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Excited to get another crack at the Bison. And this time at the dome! Revenge would be sweet indeed served up in Fargo.

Lots of teams struggle in the dome. Don't know who SHSU has played the past couple years... But if they've played in an SEC stadium or something, they should be fine. Key is to be ready for noise.

Regardless, hope it's a fun time for those who are there. I may be stuck working but we'll see

BearKatProud
December 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Don't know who SHSU has played the past couple years... But if they've played in an SEC stadium or something, they should be fine. Key is to be ready for noise.

Played in Death Valley this season. Not at liberty to discuss the results...

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Sorry to interrupt the kat fight.

But out do you yhink many fans will travel birth for th game Friday night?

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Where did you see this?
Confirmed by NDSU. UNH hosts Saturday @ 2 ET

Cocky
December 13th, 2014, 08:33 PM

We had 26 scholarship players injured for the SHSU game. I'm sure SHSU had several injured too just part of late season playing. As for our game the best team last Saturday won. I bet NDSU will have a few injuries too next week.

DaBurds!!
December 13th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Good job SHSU! Fun game to watch.
I believe in the Bison, more so than my own team...you guys were making it interesting.
I'll take NDSU this one, they just don't sweat.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Sorry to interrupt the kat fight.

But out do you yhink many fans will travel birth for th game Friday night?
The FRIDAY game will hurt our attendance for sure.

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM

Well I guess when posting I need to double check my text for iPad corrections. That you could gather my question out of that mess is amazing. Embarrassed ��

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I think I remember you. When I walked up to your tailgate with my old roommate (Travis W.) and my wife 4 year SHSU volleyball letterman, you asked if I was some guy from Kat Fans board. Not hardly and like I said again.

Nope. I post on Kat fans but I don't go to their tailgates. Not that there is anything wrong with them.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Well I guess when posting I need to double check my text for iPad corrections. That you could gather my question out of that mess is amazing. Embarrassed ��
I know my brother and dad are going to try and make it. I have to work Friday. Have a baby on the way and can't use any more vacation days.

BisonBabe
December 13th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I know my brother and dad are going to try and make it. I have to work Friday. Have a baby on the way and can't use any more vacation days.

well hope many will be able to make it. It should be a great game.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I hope so. A lot of history in the past few years and two dominate teams. Ready for Friday to get here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 08:54 PM
SHSU will bring some athletes for sure.

Boy, they have stepped up their play since that debacle against D2 Pueblo.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 09:00 PM
We had 26 scholarship players injured for the SHSU game. I'm sure SHSU had several injured too just part of late season playing. As for our game the best team last Saturday won. I bet NDSU will have a few injuries too next week.

Injuries are definitely part of the game. However, not all injuries are equal. Especially, when it involves the QB position. I've seen two national title games ruined by injuries to QB's 1998 Tennessee-FSU and 2009 Alabama-Texas....

SHSU played a great game but you can't discount the loss of an elite QB. Would Oregon still favored over FSU without Mariota? As a fan I'm disappointed because I wanted to watch a player of Robertson's talent. Even if he plays for the 'Vile...

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
If it hasn't been posted yet the North Dakota State University vs Sam Houston State game is Friday night at 7:00 p.m.

Here is the link.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/12/13/FB_1213142501.aspx

Dewey

lionsrking2
December 13th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Injuries are definitely part of the game. However, not all injuries are equal. Especially, when it involves the QB position. I've seen two national title games ruined by injuries to QB's 1998 Tennessee-FSU and 2009 Alabama-Texas....

SHSU played a great game but you can't discount the loss of an elite QB. Would Oregon still favored over FSU without Mariota? As a fan I'm disappointed because I wanted to watch a player of Robertson's talent. Even if he plays for the 'Vile...

Difference is Villanova has a very good backup who played well. Not sure Robertson would have performed any better today. Bottom line is Nova wasn't good on special teams and couldn't cover Sam's receivers. That's why Sam won the game.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2014, 09:34 PM
The biggest winner in this matchup will be the city of Frisco. Regardless who wins they should bring a large contingent of fans to Frisco to spend money. I'm sure whoever wins this one will have the home crowd advantage in Frisco.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Byzin caught a big break by not having to face Villanova...
Byzin 34
SHSU 17

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 09:47 PM
The biggest winner in this matchup will be the city of Frisco. Regardless who wins they should bring a large contingent of fans to Frisco to spend money. I'm sure whoever wins this one will have the home crowd advantage in Frisco.

This here.

The other two teams probably will not bring many fans.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Difference is Villanova has a very good backup who played well. Not sure Robertson would have performed any better today. Bottom line is Nova wasn't good on special teams and couldn't cover Sam's receivers. That's why Sam won the game.

20316......NOVA'S 12 PENALTIES.....DIDN'T AID DUH CAUSE MUCH....EITHERAH......xsmhx...AWK

Cocky
December 13th, 2014, 10:32 PM

Wasnt the QB position but if you watched our game with SHSU they made our backup lbs and dbs look bad. SHSUs top RB has been hurt for awhile and it hurts their power game. QB is an important position,as are all positions, but he wouldn't have stop SHSU from scoring. Ohio St is still playing with a non starting QB.

The biggest reason SHSU won is because of the quality of their play.

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Our QB played with the flu.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sam-houston-state-advances-fcs-playoffs-34-31-214858764--ncaaf.html;_ylt=AwrSbD9ZD41UVkIAJFxXNyoA

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Byzin 34
SHSU 17
Naaaaaaaaaaa. Bottom line is Nova didn't play good enough to win. To bad that they don't have any support from their student body or community. Great program with a winning tradition. Something that SHSU is building. Looking forward to a hard hitting game in southern Canada. Can you Bison fans find that guy that ice skates while singing O Canada?

Bearkat-Backer
December 13th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Like xcoach??
Xcoach was not a Kat fan. He was a Willie Fritz fan. He played for Fritz and coached with him back in the day. Xcoach is a fun guy to drink with, but is definitely not a Kat fan.

taper
December 13th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Can you Bison fans find that guy that ice skates while singing O Canada?

Wrong North Dakota school. Ice skates go up north.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Damn.... Well we were that close.

taper
December 13th, 2014, 11:08 PM
SHSU will bring some athletes for sure.

Boy, they have stepped up their play since that debacle against D2 Pueblo.

That CSU-Pueblo team is playing in the D2 championship game next Sat and outdrew all the FCS games today except NDSU.

Which means there's a possibility the D2 champion beat the FCS champion this year. That's not something I want to think about.

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2014, 01:31 AM

I hate the way this went for Nova. Its a shame...

Twentysix
December 14th, 2014, 02:53 AM
My video from that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

LOL Joe Mays looks little in those highlights. Now he makes 3M a year in the NFL. There are a few NFL players on that team I think.

Mar 12 2014
Signed a 2 year $6 million contract with Kansas City (KC)

Jul 29 2013
Signed a 1 year $1 million contract with Houston (HOU)

Jul 23 2013
Released by Denver (DEN)

Mar 18 2012
Signed a 3 year $12 million contract with Denver (DEN)

Jul 30 2010
Traded to Denver (DEN) from Philadelphia (PHI) for J.J.Arrington and a conditional 2012 draft

Jun 17 2008
Signed a 4 year $1.781 million contract with Philadelphia (PHI)

Apr 26 2008
Drafted by Philadelphia (PHI): Round 6 (#200 overall)

TennBison
December 14th, 2014, 06:47 AM
I've seen the number of fans that make it to your events, believe me no one is going to notice.

BNATION
December 14th, 2014, 06:53 AM
That CSU-Pueblo team is playing in the D2 championship game next Sat and outdrew all the FCS games today except NDSU.

Which means there's a possibility the D2 champion beat the FCS champion this year. That's not something I want to think about.
We were really a different team. 90% of our team had only played a couple of games together. The team really came together at the end of the season and that game would have a much different outcome. But embarrassing nonetheless. Was very tough to watch.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 07:31 AM

it was a mis-match, all the Sammy QB had to do was chuck it out there....it was embarrassing for Nova, and yes Polony (sic?) played well enough for Nova

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 07:35 AM

thank you for continuing my efforts to educate Bizn fan in NW, you beat me to this post....

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 07:37 AM
I hate the way this went for Nova. Its a shame...

this poster needs to attend class as well

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM

D2 can have very good teams. North Alabama when they had very good teams in the early 90s went to Youngstown State (1-AA champ) and only lost 14-17. N Alabama was the D2 champ.

It can happen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 07:56 AM
thank you for continuing my efforts to educate Bizn fan in NW, you beat me to this post....

Look at my post above poindexter......xcoffeex

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2014, 08:09 AM
That Pueblo team would beat half the teams in the bracket.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 08:12 AM

This here. They are very good.

They played SHSU at the perfect time when the players were getting used to each other. Still a tough loss but just like FCS teams beating FBS...it happens.

SHSU is playing really well right now. Going to be a good game on Friday.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I think if SHSU played in the playoffs, or towards the end of the regular season for that matter, like did against CSU-Pueblo (-2 in turnover margin, 10 penalties for 100 yards) they'd be prepping for the offseason a few weeks ago.

centennial
December 14th, 2014, 10:07 AM
While CSU pueblo is a good team let's not forget SHSU has a lot of transfers and didn't even look like a team early on. If they played today SHSU should win by 2-3 TDs. Regardless it is an embarrassment to FCS, kind of like when Kansas State lost to NDSU.

BNATION
December 14th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I think if Johnson plays well our receivers could have a big day. Running between the tackles could prove difficult on this NDSU team. Our big uglys will need to play their best game yet. Really looking forward to it!

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Eh, don't see that loss as an embarrassment. Just a team winning a game on any given Saturday.

Kats are 1 of 4 still alive...one tough win away from playing for their 3rd Natty in 4 yrs. Hardly an embarrassment.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I'll be watching this one on TV then going to the Division II National Championship game in KC on Saturday. Mankato vs. Pueblo. That's going to be fun!

TennBison
December 14th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Eh, don't see that loss as an embarrassment. Just a team winning a game on any given Saturday.

Kats are 1 of 4 still alive...one tough win away from playing for their 3rd Natty in 4 yrs. Hardly an embarrassment.

That is a good accomplishment just making it to the national championship. The embarrassing party is making up banners and t-shirts that try to glorify not winning it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Xcoach was not a Kat fan. He was a Willie Fritz fan. He played for Fritz and coached with him back in the day. Xcoach is a fun guy to drink with, but is definitely not a Kat fan.

So is he a big Georgia Southern fan now? I'll miss him this year.

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Byzin 34
SHSU 17

You mean the Villanova team that is 13th in the Sagarin Ratings among FCS teams?

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Bingo. One man makes or breaks you, you probably didn't deserve to be there anyway.

Seriously? Do you know anything about football? Lets see hmmm Patriots lose Tom Brady, well they should still make it to Super Bowl right? There should be no drop off in offense right? How about the Broncos, Losing Peyton shouldn't affect their ability to score right? Jeez Texas your team played well and deserved to win based on who was on the field but you don't think Robertson wouldn't have made a 3 point difference? Stop smoking the wild weed son.

Texas
December 14th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Seriously? Do you know anything about football? Lets see hmmm Patriots lose Tom Brady, well they should still make it to Super Bowl right? There should be no drop off in offense right? How about the Broncos, Losing Peyton shouldn't affect their ability to score right? Jeez Texas your team played well and deserved to win based on who was on the field but you don't think Robertson wouldn't have made a 3 point difference? Stop smoking the wild weed son.
Stop smoking the wild weed thinking the game would have played out exactly the same with or without Robertson. For all you know we could have just abused Nova's secondary even more, or actually used the defensive game plan that was worked on all week for Robertson and shut him down. My entire point is regardless of Robertson, Nova lost the game on all sides not just one. The rest is just guessing games.

Sammy94
December 14th, 2014, 01:59 PM
We will be on TE #4 for the year.

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Stop smoking the wild weed thinking the game would have played out exactly the same with or without Robertson. For all you know we could have just abused Nova's secondary even more, or actually used the defensive game plan that was worked on all week for Robertson and shut him down. My entire point is regardless of Robertson, Nova lost the game on all sides not just one. The rest is just guessing games.

Texas you need to admit your good luck that Robertson didn't play and leave it at that instead of saying that losing a dominating quarterback shouldn't have any effect on a game, especially a three point game.

Texas
December 14th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Texas you need to admit your good luck that Robertson didn't play and leave it at that instead of saying that losing a dominating quarterback shouldn't have any effect on a game, especially a three point game.
You need to admit you have no idea if Robertson would have helped them win or not. You are looking at three points on a scoreboard, with a different QB that could be different either way.

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 02:33 PM
You need to admit you have no idea if Robertson would have helped them win or not. You are looking at three points on a scoreboard, with a different QB that could be different either way.

Robertson threw 2X as many passes and 3.5X as many touchdowns 'this year' as Polony had in 4 years. Yeah I'm pretty sure he would have helped them.

Passing Efficiency Ranking FCS

RANK
NAME
TEAM
CL
POSITION
G
PASS ATT
PASS COM
INT
PASS YDS
PASS TD
PASS EFF

John Robertson
Villanova (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/villanova)
Jr.
QB

Dakota Prukop
Montana St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/montana-st)
So.
QB

Tre Roberson
Illinois St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/illinois-st)
Jr.
QB

Dalyn Williams
Dartmouth (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/dartmouth)
Jr.
QB

Jacob Huesman
Chattanooga (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/chattanooga)
Jr.
QB

Morgan Roberts
Yale (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/yale)
Jr.
QB

Michael Nebrich
Fordham (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/fordham)
Sr.
QB

Carson Wentz
North Dakota St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/north-dakota-st)
Jr.
QB

Kade Bell
Jacksonville (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/jacksonville)
Jr.
QB

Garrett Safron
Sacramento St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/sacramento-st)
Sr.
QB

Ryan Howard
Central Ark. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/central-ark)
Sr.
QB

Hunter Wells
Youngstown St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/youngstown-st)
Fr.
QB

John Russ
Mercer (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/mercer)
So.
QB

Josh Woodrum
Liberty (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/liberty)
Jr.
QB

Sean Rubalcaba
Northern Colo. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/northern-colo)
So.
QB

Justin Arias
Idaho St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/idaho-st)
Sr.
QB

Johnathan Williams
Grambling (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/grambling)
Jr.
QB

Zach Adkins
Northwestern St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/northwestern-st)
Sr.
QB

Caleb Berry
Lamar (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/lamar)
Sr.
QB

Alex Ross
Coastal Caro. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/coastal-caro)
Jr.
QB

Kyle Snyder
Southeast Mo. St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/southeast-mo-st)
Sr.
QB

KD Humphries
Murray St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/murray-st)
So.
QB

Ammon Olsen
Southern Utah (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/southern-utah)
Jr.
QB

Vad Lee
James Madison (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/james-madison)
Jr.
QB

Jarod Neal
UT Martin (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/ut-martin)
Jr.
QB

Troy Mitchell
Western Caro. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/western-caro)
Jr.
QB

Mark Iannotti
Southern Ill. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/southern-ill)
Jr.
QB

John Gibbs Jr.
Alcorn (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/alcorn)
Jr.
QB

Trenton Norvell
Western Ill. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/western-ill)
So.
QB

Lamontiez Ivy
Jackson St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/jackson-st)
So.
QB

Eli Jenkins
Jacksonville St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/jacksonville-st)
So.
QB

Zack Drayer
Saint Francis (PA) (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/saint-francis-pa)
So.
QB

Scott Hosch
Harvard (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/harvard)
Jr.
QB

Brandon Hill
Monmouth (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/monmouth)
Sr.
QB

Jordan Johnson
Montana (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/montana)
Sr.
QB

Keith Williams
San Diego (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/san-diego)
So.
QB

Jalen Whitlow
Eastern Ill. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/eastern-ill)
Jr.
QB

Malcolm Bell
N.C. Central (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/nc-central)
So.
QB

Michael Eubank
Samford (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/samford)
Jr.
QB

Bryan Bennett
Southeastern La. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/southeastern-la)
Sr.
QB

Zach Conque
Stephen F. Austin (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/stephen-f-austin)
So.
QB

Quentin Williams
Bethune-Cookman (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/bethune-cookman)
Sr.
QB

Benjamin Anderson
Ark.-Pine Bluff (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/ark-pine-bluff)
Sr.
QB

Nick Shafnisky
Lehigh (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/lehigh)
So.
QB

Will Fiacchi
Albany (NY) (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/albany-ny)
Sr.
QB

Jaymason Lee
Alabama A&M (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/alabama-am)
Sr.
DB

Trent Hurley
Delaware (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/delaware)
Sr.
QB

Al Cobb
VMI (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/vmi)
Fr.
QB

Kierra Harris
Missouri St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/missouri-st)
Sr.
QB

Kwashaun Quick
N.C. A&T (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/nc-at)
Jr.
QB

Texas
December 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Robertson threw 2X as many passes and 3.5X as many touchdowns 'this year' as Polony had in 4 years. Yeah I'm pretty sure he would have helped them.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Never will know now.

We've proved stats don't always make a game. The past 3 defenses were going to shut us down, they didn't.

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Coulda shoulda woulda. Never will know now.

Nope, but I'm not gonna let you get away with calling Robertson some 'average' QB who wouldn't have made a difference, stats don't lie son.

Texas
December 14th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Nope, but I'm not gonna let you get away with calling Robertson some 'average' QB who wouldn't have made a difference, stats don't lie son.
No one said average QB, my entire point was we can never know what would've happen, son.

Keep investing in stats only. Stats say we should never had been in the playoffs this long.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
So..... This game doesn't involve villanova... maybe villanova should take a hike.

Bison56
December 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM

Wrong thread.

saxbison
December 14th, 2014, 03:25 PM
So..... This game doesn't involve villanova... maybe villanova should take a hike.

Ya. Let's get back on topic. I'll start: will Keeler wear his sunglasses not only indoors, but at night?

Sam_Kats
December 14th, 2014, 03:30 PM
And eye black

Bison56
December 14th, 2014, 03:40 PM
And eye black

On 1 or both eyes?:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 03:43 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Sammy players respond to the noise. None of them have been to the FD before.

swaghook
December 14th, 2014, 04:41 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Sammy players respond to the noise. None of them have been to the FD before.

Sounds like very few have even experienced playing the Bison so it will be an interesting game all around. The question will be is this another nail biter or is this going to be a lop sided game.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2014, 04:54 PM
NDSU wins their first 2014 playoff game by more than one TD. If only Jon Robertson played for SHSU. He's good for at least 20 points in any game!

dewey
December 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I am excited I got 2 tickets for the game on Friday. Now I just need to figure out how to get up there in Friday from Minneapolis...minor details.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I am excited I got 2 tickets for the game on Friday. Now I just need to figure out how to get up there in Friday from Minneapolis...minor details.

Dewey

Minor detail is right....xthumbsupx

Make it happen!!

Twentysix
December 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
This is what SHSU has to look forward too. (https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpa1/v/t42.3356-2/10867430_10152941405617008_137009247_n.mp4?oh=0d4b 79e38738b67f888016f342ebe9d3&oe=548FDE0A)

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Hey Tex, Robertson was the starter for a reason, you guys won fair and square as far as I'm concerned though

TheEagleSHSU
December 14th, 2014, 07:17 PM

I think they will be just fine. They have all played in big time stadiums as we have a lot of transfers from big programs that may be louder. I don't see noise being a big factor. But who knows, that's why we are the fans.

centennial
December 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM
What kind of offense is SHSU running? I watched a couple of games but don't remember.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Are there any SHSU players still around that played in the 2012 Championship?

tomq04
December 14th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I'm pumped for this game.

kakat10
December 14th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Should be a great game.

kakat10
December 14th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game on Friday. Im glad we have people like BNATION to help with recruiting and stuff. I couldn't think of a better family to show people around Huntsville. I'm sure their contributions really help seal the deal. Couldn't do it without them.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Question for the Sammy fans, how do you think this years team compares in talent to the other two teams that made the finals? It seems like your QB was pretty loose for the Nova game, and can take a hit. I guess everyone outside of Texas knows now that the deep passing game is the threat you bring to Fargo

TheEagleSHSU
December 14th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Predominantly run based 60% to 40% passing. JJ can take a hit and his passing has been effective lately to really hurt you when teams stack the box.

As far as talent goes, this team is more talented than either NC Finalist team we had. It's not all about Tim Flamders/ Bell & Taylor Twins on defense. This teams has more options to hit you with than a ****ing wild Bearkat wrinkle. Three headed monster of Hill/Williams/overstreet to include JJ running and the law firm of Brown, Thomas, Louis, & Edwards running routes.

Defense has the talent spread throughout, not in 2 players. Front 7 is pretty good, very fast and physical. PJ Hall and Mouf Adebo at the ends. Like back are 2 deep at both spots and he rotate pretty often it seems. Secondary is lead by Michael Wade - Sr with Tre Orr and Mikell Everette on the outside.

Maybe 8 or 9 seniors were on those 2011 & 2012 teams (only 2 starters in M. Wade @ Saftey and K. Hill @ RB).

Nickels
December 15th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Predominantly run based 60% to 40% passing. JJ can take a hit and his passing has been effective lately to really hurt you when teams stack the box.

As far as talent goes, this team is more talented than either NC Finalist team we had. It's not all about Tim Flamders/ Bell & Taylor Twins on defense. This teams has more options to hit you with than a ****ing wild Bearkat wrinkle. Three headed monster of Hill/Williams/overstreet to include JJ running and the law firm of Brown, Thomas, Louis, & Edwards running routes.

Defense has the talent spread throughout, not in 2 players. Front 7 is pretty good, very fast and physical. PJ Hall and Mouf Adebo at the ends. Like back are 2 deep at both spots and he rotate pretty often it seems. Secondary is lead by Michael Wade - Sr with Tre Orr and Mikell Everette on the outside.

Maybe 8 or 9 seniors were on those 2011 & 2012 teams (only 2 starters in M. Wade @ Saftey and K. Hill @ RB).
Didn't Donald Jackson start in 2012 too?

thebootfitter
December 15th, 2014, 02:32 AM
For those talking about one of the top two DII teams beating one of the FCS semi-finalists... I've posted this elsewhere, but back in the late 80's when Ga Southern was winning a few in DI-AA and NDSU was winning a few in DII, the GSU coach Erk Russell reportedly admitted that NDSU would have given them everything they could handle had they met on the field. While cross-divisional ratings of computer models have some inherent issues, Massey's ratings concurred, rating DII NDSU ahead of DI-AA Georgia Southern (or within a couple spots either way). Would have been fun to see the match up.

TheEagleSHSU
December 15th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Didn't Donald Jackson start in 2012 too?

Yes you are correct, any others? Either way I think they'll be fine.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Does SHSU run a 4-2-5 on defense?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Does SHSU run a 4-2-5 on defense?

I think they described it as a 3-3-5

BNATION
December 15th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Question for the Sammy fans, how do you think this years team compares in talent to the other two teams that made the finals? It seems like your QB was pretty loose for the Nova game, and can take a hit. I guess everyone outside of Texas knows now that the deep passing game is the threat you bring to Fargo

Talent is up there possibly beyond what we had in those runs. The difference was the closeness of those teams. Really played as a unit. This team is young and has really begun to mesh in the pas 6 weeks.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I'm looking forward to a great game on Friday. Im glad we have people like BNATION to help with recruiting and stuff. I couldn't think of a better family to show people around Huntsville. I'm sure their contributions really help seal the deal. Couldn't do it without them.

Yeah, I agree completely. All the hard work put in by the coaches, players, and administrators would be for naught if we didn't have BNation bringing it home at the finish. He IS Sam Houston State University! All hail BNation.

kakat10
December 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM

It's more of a 4-2-5 base defense with many variations...

We blitz in some fashion about 60% of the time so that changes the look depending on what we are trying to do.

BNATION
December 15th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I agree completely. All the hard work put in by the coaches, players, and administrators would be for naught if we didn't have BNation bringing it home at the finish. He IS Sam Houston State University! All hail BNation.
haha, thats not what was said, i simply asked what he did for the university to call someone else out as a "Sunshine Fan".

kakat10
December 15th, 2014, 08:06 AM

All hail! We truly are not worthy, lowly fans with season tickets. Pathetic.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 08:08 AM

I believe Villavona runs a 3-3-5.

kakat10
December 15th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Yes, they did run a 3-3-5 and it gave our guys upfront a little trouble early on.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM

got it, I tuned in very late and payed only half attention.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I think both QBs are really peaking right now as passers. It will be interesting to see if they're both able to keep it going. SHSU looks to run an offense pretty similar to CCU except Johnson is more powerful but less elusive than Ross (he looks every bit as fast though). I think NDSU's corners will really be tested. It seems like Johnson likes to throw jump balls to his big receivers in single coverage and his guys, especially #85, are very good at coming down with them. CCU burned NDSU several times doing the same thing.

On the other side, I think SHSU will struggle to stop NDSU offensively. The Bison are really in a zone right now both running and passing the ball effectively. This may be another game where both teams but up 30+ unless the defense on one side or the other gets it together in a hurry this week.

It also seems to me that SHSU has some disruptive playmakers on defense but as a unit they seem to be quite a bit behind what their 2011 and 2012 teams had on defense. Offensively, they appear to be right on par with those teams if not better towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

kakat10
December 15th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I think both QBs are really peaking right now as passers. It will be interesting to see if they're both able to keep it going. SHSU looks to run an offense pretty similar to CCU except Johnson is more powerful but less elusive than Ross (he looks every bit as fast though). I think NDSU's corners will really be tested. It seems like Johnson likes to throw jump balls to his big receivers in single coverage and his guys, especially #85, are very good at coming down with them. CCU burned NDSU several times doing the same thing.

On the other side, I think SHSU will struggle to stop NDSU offensively. The Bison are really in a zone right now both running and passing the ball effectively. This may be another game where both teams but up 30+ unless the defense on one side or the other gets it together in a hurry this week.

It also seems to me that SHSU has some disruptive playmakers on defense but as a unit they seem to be quite a bit behind what their 2011 and 2012 teams had on defense. Offensively, they appear to be right on par with those teams if not better towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Fair analysis of the Kats... It's gonna be a good one.

NDSU Fan
December 15th, 2014, 09:22 AM
This is going to be a great game and again is going to come down to the fourth quarter! The Kats are playing very well as is the NDSU offense. The NDSU defense looks as if it is playing tired. I've got concerns with NDSU's secondary in man coverage and also hoping special teams picks it up another notch.

parr90
December 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I have never argued a lot over home field advantage although I thought we had a nice HFA at GS when I played there in the 80's and probably to this day. Most every team plays better at home but to me the Bison have a real HFA. That dome is a hard place for opposing teams to come play and win. I think its a real advantage for the Bison. They play very very good there and the crowd noise is just incredible. Not to take anything away from the Bisons past championship teams but Im not so sure they would have not lost one or two of those playoff games had they had to play on the road more. Although I have a hard time saying that because those past 3 teams were very good. I dont see the BIson losing at home this year.

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Here is an article from the Bison Media blog.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91555

Sam Houston State comes to Fargo on Friday as the hottest team in the FCS, many will look at SHSU and stare at the D2 loss to Colorado State-Pueblo, but since then the team has won 10 of 11 and found itself on the offensive side of the ball. This is a completely different team than Bison fans got to know in 2011 and 2012; Brian Bell, Tim Flanders and Richard Sincere all graduated last year, Willie Fritz left Huntsville for Georgia Southern. In came K.C. Keeler, former Delaware head coach and he brought a boatload of transfers with him.

Keyshawn Hill leads Sam Houston’s running attack into Fargo on Friday night.

17 transfers in fact; and some impressive ones in that. The one that jumps off the page is LaDarius Brown, wide receiver from TCU, who was dismissed for marijuana possession, he’s SHSU’s deep threat with 43 receptions for 780 yards and seven touchdowns. The quarterback is Jared Johnson, a dynamic threat with both his arm and his legs; he’s completed just 57 percent of his passes, but has thrown for 21 touchdowns, to go along with nearly 1,000 yards rushing and add in six touchdowns. Keyshawn Hill is Flanders’ replacement, he waited three years for his time and has shown he’s impressive, he’s over 1100 yards rushing with 18 touchdowns, going for nearly six yards a carry.

Defensively is where SHSU struggles, they are allowing nearly 28 points per game, giving up 22 rushing touchdowns and 30 passing touchdowns; to compare that with NDSU, the Bison have allowed just 21 touchdowns combined all year.

It may be oversimplifying things to say NDSU’s offense needs another strong game like what happened on Saturday, but stopping the Bearkats three headed monster will be the biggest key of a win on Friday night.

- See more at: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91555#sthash.zr0AGCNy.dpuf

I remember watching the EWU SHSU game way back in August and I thought if Johnson connects on a few more of those deep throws the game is different. I hope any SHSU fans that come up have safe travels and enjoy the trip to the Fargodome. Except the outcome I hope NDSU wins by more than 1 score as the last two weeks have been nerve wracking.

I would highly recommend any SHSU fans walking g through the tailgating lots West of the Fargodome as you will be invited to partake in food and booze and numerous places.

Dewey

BNATION
December 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM

Very fair, I would add that SHSU needs to clean up its tackling before Friday. Arm tackles and not taking on blocks will not get it done against this physical of a team. Our front 4 will need to play their best game here to stop the run in Fargo. Defense will need to put points on the board in this one.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Here is an article from the Bison Media blog.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91555

Sam Houston State comes to Fargo on Friday as the hottest team in the FCS, many will look at SHSU and stare at the D2 loss to Colorado State-Pueblo, but since then the team has won 10 of 11 and found itself on the offensive side of the ball. This is a completely different team than Bison fans got to know in 2011 and 2012; Brian Bell, Tim Flanders and Richard Sincere all graduated last year, Willie Fritz left Huntsville for Georgia Southern. In came K.C. Keeler, former Delaware head coach and he brought a boatload of transfers with him.

Keyshawn Hill leads Sam Houston’s running attack into Fargo on Friday night.

17 transfers in fact; and some impressive ones in that. The one that jumps off the page is LaDarius Brown, wide receiver from TCU, who was dismissed for marijuana possession, he’s SHSU’s deep threat with 43 receptions for 780 yards and seven touchdowns. The quarterback is Jared Johnson, a dynamic threat with both his arm and his legs; he’s completed just 57 percent of his passes, but has thrown for 21 touchdowns, to go along with nearly 1,000 yards rushing and add in six touchdowns. Keyshawn Hill is Flanders’ replacement, he waited three years for his time and has shown he’s impressive, he’s over 1100 yards rushing with 18 touchdowns, going for nearly six yards a carry.

Defensively is where SHSU struggles, they are allowing nearly 28 points per game, giving up 22 rushing touchdowns and 30 passing touchdowns; to compare that with NDSU, the Bison have allowed just 21 touchdowns combined all year.

It may be oversimplifying things to say NDSU’s offense needs another strong game like what happened on Saturday, but stopping the Bearkats three headed monster will be the biggest key of a win on Friday night.

- See more at: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91555#sthash.zr0AGCNy.dpuf

I remember watching the EWU SHSU game way back in August and I thought if Johnson connects on a few more of those deep throws the game is different. I hope any SHSU fans that come up have safe travels and enjoy the trip to the Fargodome. Except the outcome I hope NDSU wins by more than 1 score as the last two weeks have been nerve wracking.

I would highly recommend any SHSU fans walking g through the tailgating lots West of the Fargodome as you will be invited to partake in food and booze and numerous places.

Dewey

Notice how the author goes to great pains to point out all the transfers....give it a f***ing rest. We get it, NDSU rarely takes a transfer. You guys are perfect and set the standard for all things FCS, all things American, and all things cold. If only we could arm NDSU, ISIS would be no more in a matter of hours. If only we could change the NDSU jerseys to black and silver, the Oakland Raiders would be Superbowl champs. If only all the brain power at NDSU were consolidated into a pill, we would all telepathically transport ourselves to the king size bed, fully stocked with a functioning pulley system and unlimited amount of chocolate syrup, of our fantasy woman.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Notice how the author goes to great pains to point out all the transfers....give it a f***ing rest. We get it, NDSU rarely takes a transfer. You guys are perfect and set the standard for all things FCS, all things American, and all things cold. If only we could arm NDSU, ISIS would be no more in a matter of hours. If only we could change the NDSU jerseys to black and silver, the Oakland Raiders would be Superbowl champs. If only all the brain power at NDSU were consolidated into a pill, we would all telepathically transport ourselves to the king size bed, fully stocked with a functioning pulley system and unlimited amount of chocolate syrup, of our fantasy woman.

Glad to see you finally get it.

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Notice how the author goes to great pains to point out all the transfers....give it a f***ing rest. We get it, NDSU rarely takes a transfer. You guys are perfect and set the standard for all things FCS, all things SOUTH CANDADIAN, and all things cold. If only we could arm NDSU, ISIS would be no more in a matter of hours. If only we could change the NDSU jerseys to black and silver, the Oakland Raiders would be Superbowl champs. If only all the brain power at NDSU were consolidated into a pill, we would all telepathically transport ourselves to the king size bed, fully stocked with a functioning pulley system and unlimited amount of chocolate syrup, of our fantasy woman.

FIFY

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Dude settle down. He was trying to say that the SHSU team has come a long way from a early season loss to D2 CSU - PUEBLO and the reason it took so long to gel was because of the 17 transfers playing for a new coach.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 10:04 AM
FIFY

While I pride myself on my Canadian heritage I will say that ND is much less South Canada than you are North Mexico.

TheEagleSHSU
While I pride myself on my Canadian heritage I will say that ND is much less South Canada than you are North Mexico.

Lol

Sammy94

That is a great point.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Dude settle down. He was trying to say that the SHSU team has come a long way from a early season loss to D2 CSU - PUEBLO and the reason it took so long to gel was because of the 17 transfers playing for a new coach.

Dewey

I would like to believe that is true, but the word "transfer" tends to have negative connotations for many, especially NDSU. Bison speak of transfers like others speak of lepers, prostitutes, and thieves.

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Very good assessment. I will say though that our defense Saturday looked as bad as it has since McNeese. They have been the ones winning alot of these games. Starting at McNeese they were flying to the ball wrapping up and making good tackles. The best part about watching them was seeing 5 or 6 people around the ball carrier. The defense on the field Saturday had better not show up Friday or we will be in trouble.

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM

No arguments here brother!!

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM

This, for everybody north of the Mason-Dixon line who hasn't visited Texas, is true.

THE HERD
December 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Did I read right that the Bearkats allowed 6.5yds/carry against Villanova? If they allow us 6-7yds a pop I like our chances.

BNATION
December 15th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Did I read right that the Bearkats allowed 6.5yds/carry against Villanova? If they allow us 6-7yds a pop I like our chances.

Like i said earlier, if we get up to south of Canada playing the same brand of defense that showed up in Villanova, we will have a tough day. That being said, Villanova's running back was exceptional.

THE HERD
December 15th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Like i said earlier, if we get up to south of Canada playing the same brand of defense that showed up in Villanova, we will have a tough day. That being said, Villanova's running back was exceptional.

Have you met Mr. Crockett??xsmiley_wix

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2014, 10:33 AM
You're waaaay too touchy about this. What he's trying to say is a team that NDSU just played two years ago is completely different. You need a chill pill before you need an NDSU pill.

BNATION
December 15th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Good back, but its your uglys up front that make him special.

Bisonator
December 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM

I'm sure they remember the jump pass in the 2012 Chipper! :D

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Speaking of Xcoach....what ever happened to Nikki? She still at cracker barrel doing gravy shots with the rest of the ladies that waited to late to start putting there winter layer on?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Speaking of Xcoach....what ever happened to Nikki? She still at cracker barrel doing gravy shots with the rest of the ladies that waited to late to start putting there winter layer on?

I saw her at the Northern Iowa game about a month ago. I think she's busier than she was last year because she was recovering from hip surgery or soemthing so not as much time to yak on the computer.

Nickels
December 15th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I saw her at the Northern Iowa game about a month ago. I think she's busier than she was last year because she was recovering from hip surgery or soemthing so not as much time to yak on the computer.

That's too bad. It's fun ruffling her feathers.

She also improves this sausage fest's ratio significantly. She's no 10 but we have to start somewhere.

I haven't seen xcoach since SELA last year.

Sammy94
December 15th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen xcoach since SELA last year.

He's Georgia Southern's problem now. He is probably still arguing somewhere why they aren't playing in the Jack's Links Beef Jerky bowl.

Bisonator
December 15th, 2014, 12:47 PM
He's Georgia Southern's problem now. He is probably still arguing somewhere why they aren't playing in the Jack's Links Beef Jerky bowl.

xlolx

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I'm curious if Bohl still thinks he made the right move to Wyoming....

Bisonator
December 15th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm curious if Bohl still thinks he made the right move to Wyoming....

Of course he does. He has pocketed a cool $1 million and is vacationing in the Bahama's as we speak! xlolx

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Of course he does. He has pocketed a cool $1 million and is vacationing in the Bahama's as we speak! xlolx

With Caribbeanhen, I am sure. And as long as he is in Wyoming, he will get to enjoy his Christmas vacations there.

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I would like to believe that is true, but the word "transfer" tends to have negative connotations for many, especially NDSU. Bison speak of transfers like others speak of lepers, prostitutes, and thieves.
Let's see...one of the "marquis" transfers was kicked off TCU for THC possession...:rolleyes:

How many of the other 16 are in the same boat?

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM
With Caribbeanhen, I am sure. And as long as he is in Wyoming, he will get to enjoy his Christmas vacations there.

No sightings yet

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I believe only 2 others were dismissed for "violation of team rules". Rest just wanted more playing time, missed home ect. Heck our monster DT from Cal Jacobi Hunter got married over the summer and wanted to be close to home. He played in every game as a true freshman at Cal and started 3 or 4. He was supposed to be there best D lineman coming into this season. Once he got back into shape he's been playing good ball and a big reason PJ Hall had better stats (other than sacks) than the Buck Award Winner ��

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208765964

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Here is an article about the Bison studying for SHSU in the midst of finals week.

http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3635236-schnepf-studying-shsu-added-bisons-finals-week-load

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I believe only 2 others were dismissed for "violation of team rules". Rest just wanted more playing time, missed home ect. Heck our monster DT from Cal Jacobi Hunter got married over the summer and wanted to be close to home. He played in every game as a true freshman at Cal and started 3 or 4. He was supposed to be there best D lineman coming into this season. Once he got back into shape he's been playing good ball and a big reason PJ Hall had better stats (other than sacks) than the Buck Award Winner ��

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208765964

He got 6 TFL in the SELA game. Kyle had 27 before the playoffs.

Not exactly the same thing.

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Haha. Oh, we're getting the MORALE talk from our opponents now? Cool. No team is perfect & no team of school boys is still playing in December. Wasn't long ago when everyone's favorite Canadian linebacker was smoking little pip squeaks in the face at bars @ 3am.

Really looking for a great game Friday & I truly think the winner in Fargo will be lifting the trophy in Frisco. I have tix regardless of who wins.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Haha. Oh, we're getting the MORALE talk from our opponents now? Cool. No team is perfect & no team of school boys is still playing in December. Wasn't long ago when everyone's favorite Canadian linebacker was smoking little pip squeaks in the face at bars @ 3am.

Really looking for a great game Friday & I truly think the winner in Fargo will be lifting the trophy in Frisco. I have tix regardless of who wins.

What are you talking about?

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2014, 07:00 PM
NoDak - put the dust pan down & pay attention. I'm talking about Beck being arrested for assault when a previous poster brought up legal issues with a SH player. Glass houses are fragile.

Not going to get into whose vacuum cleaner is louder...just pointing out every team has their issues or they wouldn't have made it this far. Toodles.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2014, 07:02 PM
NoDak - put the dust pan down & pay attention. I'm talking about Beck being arrested for assault when a previous poster brought up legal issues with a SH player. Glass houses are fragile.

Not going to get into whose vacuum cleaner is louder...just pointing out every team has their issues or they wouldn't have made it this far. Toodles.

You do not know sh** out Beck's situation.

Texas
December 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Let's see...one of the "marquis" transfers was kicked off TCU for THC possession...:rolleyes:

How many of the other 16 are in the same boat?
OH NO THE DREADED MARIJUANA. THE DEVIL'S GRASS!

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Really, so this is where we are already? Attacking each others teams for off the field problems that happened in the past?

Grow up.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 07:18 PM

Get back to work, those fries aren't going to cook themselves.

Texas
December 15th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Get back to work, those fries aren't going to cook themselves.
Does she beat you when dinner isn't on the table when she gets home? You have a voice.

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2014, 07:19 PM
It was a RESPONSE to another poster for a cheap shot. That is all. Dry the panties.

Next up is the inevitable "Hope NDSU players are overlooking Kats like their fans" talk.

I still can't believe this team has made it this far. Vegas agrees with me.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Does she beat you when dinner isn't on the table when she gets home? You have a voice.

I'll compare diplomas and pay stubs with you any day. I really missed your bull**** last year.

Texas
December 15th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I'll compare diplomas and pay stubs with you any day. I really missed your bull**** last year.
Your stub or your wifes? Serious question.

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2014, 07:25 PM
North Dakota must be a community property state too.

NoDak - if we meet in Frisco, you're not gonna get all weird on me & ask how I like my sandwich, are you??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 07:27 PM

Mine. You'd throw up if you found out how much I get paid to sit and post on message boards all day.

Texas
December 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Mine. You'd throw up if you found out how much I get paid to sit and post on message boards all day.
Or I wouldn't give a ****. Yeah, I'll go with that one.

Bison56
December 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Put the rulers away boys xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2014, 07:33 PM
No off the field problems from any team can hold a candle to this debacle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA

This must've been why Fritz left... couldn't look himself in the mirror anymore after being involved in a train wreck of that magnitude.

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2014, 07:34 PM
....... Kats for the love of god win this game, this isn't some vendetta or anger from last years loss to NDSU in the semi's I get the 3peat dynasty great you were amazing all 3 years and still are this year but damn it would be nice to see something new, as well as a stadium thats not 18,000(if not more) bison fans and 2,000(if that) other team fans. No disrespect and I don't care (but would be disappointed if its not UNH) if its ISUr vs SHSU, just get some new blood in there and beat them. After watching the CCU game you have a strong chance to if you play well!

NDSUSR
December 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Its amazing how easily a few idiots can damage the reputation of an entire fan base.
I'm talking both sides here.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM
well well oil well, seeing as we have a week to kill before the game, here we have 2 states that have boomed with the rising price of crude the past decade, the Bakken, the eagle ford ect ect.... how are you guys going to hold up with the falling price of oil?

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I'm headed to that island behind your boat. Meet you there

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 07:41 PM

Why include diplomas in that comparison?..... pay stub all that matters right?

gotts
December 15th, 2014, 07:46 PM
well well oil well, seeing as we have a week to kill before the game, here we have 2 states that have boomed with the rising price of crude the past decade, the Bakken, the eagle ford ect ect.... how are you guys going to hold up with the falling price of oil?

Fall back on a diversified portfolio, of course :)

TheEagleSHSU
December 15th, 2014, 07:53 PM

Straight Cash Homie!

All that matters!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 07:55 PM

We have this boring conversation nearly every year.

NDSUSR
December 15th, 2014, 07:56 PM
We have this boring conversation nearly every year.

Just put him on ignore like everyone else.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 07:57 PM

I heard those unemployment benefits are outstanding up in N Dakota?

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Just put him on ignore like everyone else.

my lil feelings are so hurt..... boohoo...... offended by an internet message board..... oh the horror.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I heard those unemployment benefits are outstanding up in N Dakota?

I live in Kansas and work for a company headquartered in the UK.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I'm headed to that island behind your boat. Meet you there

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sam_Kats again.

that's at Green cay..... google it up

- - - Updated - - -

sound like tax evasion to me....pay up

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Enough of this bull****. How about the game?

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Hey everyone! How is it going?!? :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Last year the opponents were less redneck-y.

Furman was a wine and cheese crowd
CCU was all beach bros
New Hampshire and Towson were a East Coast refined.

Now we get The Huntsville Unit Voc-Ed center once again and their neanderthal fans.

TheEagleSHSU
December 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Last year the opponents were less redneck-y.

Furman was a wine and cheese crowd
CCU was all beach bros
New Hampshire and Towson were a East Coast refined.

Now we get The Huntsville Unit Voc-Ed center once again and their neanderthal fans.

Bahaha!!! If you only knew brotha!

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Its amazing how easily a few idiots can damage the reputation of an entire fan base.
I'm talking both sides here.

No kidding. Can we talk about the matchups and the game?

How is the Bearkats offensive line?
What type of offense do you guys use?
What defensive schemes do you guys use the most?
If you guys come across articles from the local newspaper please post the link ks here as I am sure I am not the only one that enjoys reading those during the game week.

I just want to talk about football and not the other childish insults. If you other people want to keep the thread derailment going take it to the smack room.

Dewey

Drblankstare
December 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
These threads use to be so good.

Milkman
December 15th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Nothing wrong with some good smack along side football talk. Seriously dewey and NDSUSR stop being apologists and trying to police a fan base. Any person dumb enough to judge a fan base on a couple fans they disagree with.......nay a couple online posters(huge difference) they disagree with is a ****ING MORON. Im sure you'll say you hate the thread drift but come on seriously the in depth analysis will be hammered to death by Wednesday no matter how much thread drift. Fans are gonna have fun and people are gonna stir the pot.

Milkman
December 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Let me add, dewey and NDSUSR I enjoy reading your very balanced, educated football talk as well. I am no expert and it is greatly appreciated.

McNeese75
December 15th, 2014, 09:24 PM

:D

McNeese75
December 15th, 2014, 09:27 PM

xcoffeex Do you get paid in spotted dick????

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Fall back on a diversified portfolio, of course :)

gotts has gotts lotts going for him.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
xcoffeex Do you get paid in spotted dick????

Bangers and mash.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Nothing wrong with some good smack along side football talk. Seriously dewey and NDSUSR stop being apologists and trying to police a fan base. Any person dumb enough to judge a fan base on a couple fans they disagree with.......nay a couple online posters(huge difference) they disagree with is a ****ING MORON. Im sure you'll say you hate the thread drift but come on seriously the in depth analysis will be hammered to death by Wednesday no matter how much thread drift. Fans are gonna have fun and people are gonna stir the pot.

Dewey is a class Act but don't ever think Carib will forgot about the smack.....

I'm going to bring you some football news/talk soon!

McNeese75
December 15th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Bangers and mash.

xthumbsupx Couldn't resist. It's a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMbSDvGwA_Q

Milkman
December 15th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I want to make this very clear Dewey is a gentleman and a scholar on here. No disrespect. Just let us goofballs have our fun too

fmrbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM

xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 10:14 PM
xnodx

I actually have one, they're great.

YoUDeeMan
December 15th, 2014, 11:07 PM

Bison have 6 transfers.

NDSUSR
December 15th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Let me add, dewey and NDSUSR I enjoy reading your very balanced, educated football talk as well. I am no expert and it is greatly appreciated.

AGS has a smack section. This is not it.

gotts
December 15th, 2014, 11:32 PM
To give this some context, its 1 FBS, 3 DII, and 2 NAIA. One "transfer down" and five local "transfer up."