SHSU seriously has 18 transfers?

katstrapper
December 16th, 2014, 04:29 AM

Keep beating the horse. Who cares?

word
December 16th, 2014, 04:56 AM

So are you a missouri fan or an shsu fan?

citdog
December 16th, 2014, 05:47 AM
No off the field problems from any team can hold a candle to this debacle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA

This must've been why Fritz left... couldn't look himself in the mirror anymore after being involved in a train wreck of that magnitude.

Damn that is hot hot hot bad

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Bison have 6 transfers.

xlolx

1 FBS transfer!!

Next.......

Htownbearkat
December 16th, 2014, 06:50 AM

Its a brilliant strategy.
If the Bison win "Hey we beat a FBS team"
If the Bison lose" We lost to a FBS team"

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I think the Bison offense should be able to move the ball on SHSU.

SHSU gives up 423 yards on defense:

Rushing: 182
Passing: 241

27.7 points/game

The Bison will not change anything offensively, run the ball and play-action pass with a mix of read option and pass off of that.

On defense it will be interesting to see if the Bison play more base Tampa-2 or nickel with SHSU's spread type offense. SHSU looks really athletic so the Bison better be gap sound on defense and tackle well.

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Again, we have Houston just an hour away to our South & Dallas just hours away to our North. Is someone really dumb enough to not comprehend how Sam could have several transfers with 2-3 yrs of eligibility?!?!?

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Again, we have Houston just an hour away to our South & Dallas just hours away to our North. Is someone really dumb enough to not comprehend how Sam could have several transfers with 2-3 yrs of eligibility?!?!?

Dont see why transfers are an issue. Schools use the the resources that are available. Be that juco, or transfers from the other divisions if the transfers fit their needs and wants. After your coach has been there awhile and developes relationships with the High schools and develops his own recruits he may not need to use transfers as much.

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Bison - totally agree & that may be the case later but I still don't see why ANY coach that close to two recruiting hot beds wouldn't at least evaluate each player & CONSIDER the possiblity. I understand why NDSU, Montana and the other 'remote' schools wouldn't actively use their resources to attract transfers but for a school with the location Sam has to turn their nose up at VERY quality players would be career suicide because they'd end up @ SFA, McNeese or SELA.

Anywho...carry one. Is the line still Bison -34.5??

Sammy94
December 16th, 2014, 08:03 AM

That's what happens when you lose the best class in school history to graduation and bring in a new coaching staff a week before signing day. You can either rebuild or reload, I for one like that we re-loaded. They all wear orange now and that is what matters.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Iowa State has one of the best basketball teams in the country and they have used transfers to death. I don't see an issue. You use whatever players you feel give you the best chance to win. Clearly this has worked for Keeler for a long time. I don't see why anyone is surprised. It is like a team building through the draft as opposed to buying a bunch of high priced free agents. If you want to compare it to professional sports. Seriously, get off your high horse about not having any transfers NDSU. Different teams have different approaches.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Bison - totally agree & that may be the case later but I still don't see why ANY coach that close to two recruiting hot beds wouldn't at least evaluate each player & CONSIDER the possiblity. I understand why NDSU, Montana and the other 'remote' schools wouldn't actively use their resources to attract transfers but for a school with the location Sam has to turn their nose up at VERY quality players would be career suicide because they'd end up @ SFA, McNeese or SELA.

Anywho...carry one. Is the line still Bison -34.5??

No way thats the line.

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Damn that is hot hot hot bad

No this is hot hot hot bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA83ErMo7A8

Speaking of hot hot hot, can anyone find it? It's seems to have disappeared from the webs.

dewey
December 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM

27.7 points/game

The Bison will not change anything offensively, run the ball and play-action pass with a mix of read option and pass off of that.

On defense it will be interesting to see if the Bison play more base Tampa-2 or nickel with SHSU's spread type offense. SHSU looks really athletic so the Bison better be gap sound on defense and tackle well.

Defensively I wonder if NDSU tries to cover LeDarius Brown with CJ Smith (the NDSU #1 cover CB) or if NDSU tries some sort of bracketing with Jordan Champion over the top and Carleton Littlejohn underneath? Another interesting battle to me is NDSU All-American Joe Haeg versus SHSU Defensive End PA Hall (who first is he'd 3rd place in the Jerry Rice voting). Does SHSU stack the box and dare NDSU to beat them with the arm of Carson Wentz?

Hopefully Zach Vraa will be back this week to help the NDSU passing game.

Dewey

Daytripper
December 16th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Defensively I wonder if NDSU tries to cover LeDarius Brown with CJ Smith (the NDSU #CB) or if NDSU tries some sort of bracketing with Jordan Champion over the top and Carleton Littlejohn underneath? Another interesting battle to me is NDSU All-American Joe Haeg versus SHSU Defensive End PA Hall (who first is he'd 3rd place in the Jerry Rice voting). Does SHSU stack the box and dare NDSU to beat them with the arm of Carson Wentz?

Dewey

If they put too much emphasis on stopping Brown, we have other weapons at WR that can burn them. I am going to guess that Sam sells out to stop the run. Our fate will probably end up in the hands of our DBs, which is kinda scary. They have shown flashes, but give up a lot of big plays. We have given up a lot of rushing yards during the playoffs, but a lot of it are stats piled up with a "bend don't break" result. Let's hope that continues.

Looking forward to a competitive game. #EatEmUpKats

YoUDeeMan
December 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
To give this some context, its 1 FBS, 3 DII, and 2 NAIA. One "transfer down" and five local "transfer up."

See that...it isn't hard to agree with me. North Dakota State has 6 transfers on their team. xnodx Not much difference from a lot of other teams out there.

Why can't your coach successfully recruit your athletes directly from high school?

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Defensively I wonder if NDSU tries to cover LeDarius Brown with CJ Smith (the NDSU #CB) or if NDSU tries some sort of bracketing with Jordan Champion over the top and Carleton Littlejohn underneath? Another interesting battle to me is NDSU All-American Joe Haeg versus SHSU Defensive End PA Hall (who first is he'd 3rd place in the Jerry Rice voting). Does SHSU stack the box and dare NDSU to beat them with the arm of Carson Wentz?

Dewey
The best way to stop Brown is to prevent the ball from getting to him. Throw JJ off his game and Brown wont be a factor...

Bisonator
December 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM

27.7 points/game

I think we'll stick with our base defense against SHSU. The nickel package we started the CC game with was a disaster against the run and a mobile QB. When we went back to our base in the 4th we had much better success against the run and were able to contain the QB. Stick with what got us here IMO.

dewey
December 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
The best way to stop Brown is to prevent the ball from getting to him. Throw JJ off his game and Brown wont be a factor...

That probably is another big matchup in the game. Buck Buchanan Award winner Kyle Emanuel vs the SHSU left tackle and the other SHSU lineman versus the other NDSU defensive lineman and any blitzes that NDSU uses. CCU All American Chad Hamilton left tackle did as good of a job last week versus Kyle Emanuel as anyone I remember seeing all year but KE still got Alex Ross off of his spot a few times and got to him a few other times.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I think we'll stick with our base defense against SHSU. The nickel package we started the CC game with was a disaster against the run and a mobile QB. When we went back to our base in the 4th we had much better success against the run and were able to contain the QB. Stick with what got us here IMO.
I don't think they really went away from the 5 DB look in the 2nd half but they did start taking out a down lineman in passing situations and spying Ross with Carlton Littlejohn. There was still a lot of DeLuca/Dempsey swapping. I think the Bison D-line needs to do a better job keeping their rush lanes against SHSU than they did against CCU. Emmanuel is a great player but he caught more than a few times going too far up field and the DTs weren't getting a push so Ross had huge lanes to step up and scramble. If they keep Johnson in the pocket I think they'll have more success.

BNATION
December 16th, 2014, 09:29 AM
See that...it isn't hard to agree with me. North Dakota State has 6 transfers on their team. xnodx Not much difference from a lot of other teams out there.

Why can't your coach successfully recruit your athletes directly from high school?

Hard to recruit directly from high school in your first year after losing most of your team. He will begin recruiting aggressively from area high schools moving forward (he has stated this much) but he wanted to compete at a high level this season and did what needed to be done. Can't argue with the results.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Hard to recruit directly from high school in your first year after losing most of your team. He will begin recruiting aggressively from area high schools moving forward (he has stated this much) but he wanted to compete at a high level this season and did what needed to be done. Can't argue with the results.
There's no apology needed for Keeler's strategy with how he's took this team to the semis in his first year. I wouldn't blame him for sticking with the transfer strategy because he's reaped some serious rewards from it this year. I'd prefer the high school recruit approach since I think it's more sustainable but you know what they say if it ain't broke. Bill Snyder has built K-State into a top 25 program (twice) based on a heavy reliance on transfers.

At the same time where I've disagreed with people in the past who say you need FBS transfers to be a national title contender at the FCS level. NDSU has proven that this isn't the case.

Daytripper
December 16th, 2014, 09:47 AM
There's no apology needed for Keeler's strategy with how he's took this team to the semis in his first year. I wouldn't blame him for sticking with the transfer strategy because he's reaped some serious rewards from it this year. I'd prefer the high school recruit approach since I think it's more sustainable but you know what they say if it ain't broke. Bill Snyder has built K-State into a top 25 program (twice) based on a heavy reliance on transfers.

At the same time where I've disagreed with people in the past who say you need FBS transfers to be a national title contender at the FCS level. NDSU has proven that this isn't the case.

As was mentioned earlier by someone else, each program has its own unique challenges. There is no "one correct way" to build a successful team.

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 09:54 AM
That left tackle matching up with Emmanuel will be an All-American himself in 3 yr starter, Donald Jackson III (Jr).

Should be fun to watch.

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Why are the transfers being brought up so much? It shouldn't matter, they came together as a cohesive unit and have rolled opponents.

What's the big deal?

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

TheEagleSHSU
December 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Why are the transfers being brought up so much? It shouldn't matter, they came together as a cohesive unit and have rolled opponents.

What's the big deal?

+1,000 couldn't agree more

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 11:02 AM
As was mentioned earlier by someone else, each program has its own unique challenges. There is no "one correct way" to build a successful team.

I just don't know how it's sustainable. To borrow a turn of phrase from Margaret Thatcher, eventually you run out of other people's recruits.

TheEagleSHSU
December 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Unless football is dying off how can you run out? There will always be kids needing a 2nd chance, play closer to home, wants more playing time etc...

dewey
December 16th, 2014, 12:21 PM

What's the big deal?

I agree with this. Like others have said KC Keeler came in and was going to miss out on a lot of the recruiting class and if the talent wasn't there why not use transfers to bolster the talent on the field. It has also worked for NDSU not to rely on transfers but a big reason for that might be the constant continuity of the coaching staff the last 12 years.

Dewey

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Damn some of you are stupid.

Keeler's strategy at SHSU isn't to fill the roster with transfers. We lost just about everyone, had a lot of scholarships to give out, coaches didn't show up until right before signing day in a new recruiting area and we had holes to fill.

Transfers were a must if we wanted to be competitive early.

What part of this are some you not getting?

hebmskebm
December 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I think going forward for SHSU a steady blend of say 5 or 6 JUCO/FBS transfers per year combined with strong homegrown recruiting would be the best of both worlds.

TheEagleSHSU
December 16th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I think going forward for SHSU a steady blend of say 5 or 6 JUCO/FBS transfers per year combined with strong homegrown recruiting would be the best of both worlds.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, as long as they are quality and filling a gap. Not just taking a kid to take him.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with that, as long as they are quality and filling a gap. Not just taking a kid to take him.

That's the key.

Back on the real subject, does SHSU have any significant injuries from the Nova game? Anyone going to miss Friday's game??

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2014, 12:56 PM
20331........LADS....KEELER JES' DOESN'T TAKE ANYONE....(ALL-DOUGH ....NEEDED REPLENISHIN'....IN UH HURRY....FO' 1ST YEAR...WHICH MAY 'SPLAIN....DUH LACK O' CONTINUITY...IN FIRST FEW GAMES).....HE'S SAID UH 1,000 TIMES ON HIS DELAWARE RADIO SHOW......HE OWN-LAH ACCEPTS UH TRANSFER...IFIN' SAID PLAYER MEETS TEAM APPROVAL....HE CHECKS THEM OUT.....LET'S PLAYERS SIZE THEM UP....ASKS FORMER COACHES....AND.....DUH SCHOOL JANITOR..TA GET UNBIASED OPINIONS......HE TURNS AWAY...UH TON MO' DAN HE TAKES.......WHEN HE WAS CLICKIN' @ UD.....XFERS WERE BEGGIN' TA BE ACCEPTED.....HE'S IN DUH HOT BED O' PIGGY LAND....AN' TRUST ME...DEY'LL COME TA MECCA...LOOKIN' FO' UH SPOT....'CAUSE......HE'S ALREADY SHOWN TEXAS....HE WINS.....HIS PLAY-OFF RECORD IS STELLAR....SO LIKE IT O' NO.....IT'S HIS WAY UH DOIN' BIDNESS.....&...SAMMY...JES' MIGHT REACH DUH BIZON BAR...DOWN DUH ROAD....xtwocentsx...BRAWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....'OL HAL

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 12:59 PM
That's the key.

Back on the real subject, does SHSU have any significant injuries from the Nova game? Anyone going to miss Friday's game??
We have 0 tight ends right now. All 3 are out. The last one went down in Philly. Hill seems banged up too. Our top notch starting punter blew his planting knee out a couple of weeks ago, luckily our back up is good.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Damn some of you are stupid.

Keeler's strategy at SHSU isn't to fill the roster with transfers. We lost just about everyone, had a lot of scholarships to give out, coaches didn't show up until right before signing day in a new recruiting area and we had holes to fill.

Transfers were a must if we wanted to be competitive early.

What part of this are some you not getting?
Thus his strategy was to plug those holes with transfers. Do you realize what strategy means?

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thus his strategy was to plug those holes with transfers. Do you realize what strategy means?

Yes, do you know what a short term solution is compared to a strategy?

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, do you know what a short term solution is compared to a strategy?
A strategy is a plan to achieve a goal. Unless I'm mistaken Keeler's goal was to field a SHSU team that can compete this year. His strategy was to accomplish that was to load up on transfers who can contribute immediately given their losses. There's not anything wrong with that and it proved to be quite effective. I have no idea what his strategy is going forward but I'm guessing it'll be a bigger mix of high school talent with their share of transfers like Keeler and SHSU have always done.

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
SHSU fans... Why so sensitive about the huge number of transfers?
You ashamed about it or something?

Nickels
December 16th, 2014, 01:11 PM
SHSU fans... Why so sensitive about the huge number of transfers?
You ashamed about it or something?

Not at all, it's just getting old. This same discussion has happened 100 times and goes nowhere. Jesus ****ing christ, we're past it already. Time to have discussion about something else, anything else....

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Not at all, it's just getting old. This same discussion has happened 100 times and goes nowhere. Jesus ****ing christ, we're past it already. Time to have discussion about something else, anything else....

Its meh, I was just surprised it was that many.

Sammy94
December 16th, 2014, 01:46 PM
SHSU Game notes

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

BNATION
December 16th, 2014, 01:48 PM
We have 0 tight ends right now. All 3 are out. The last one went down in Philly. Hill seems banged up too. Our top notch starting punter blew his planting knee out a couple of weeks ago, luckily our back up is good.

Aside from his head injury Hill is doing ok, minus normal wear and tear of the season. He saw limited action due to being sick. (alot of the team had it).

fmrbearkat
December 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I don't think any of our transfers came in with less than 3 years eligibility....most were sophomores or redshirt freshman. There may be a couple that others can tell you of but I honestly don't know of any juniors. So we get them for 3 years....doesn't sound real short term solution to me.

runmymouth
December 16th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Not to beat a dead horse about transfers, but I am going to anyways. Yes this team has a lot of transfers, but when you consider that a lot of these kids went to an FBS program and figured out that it wasn't close to home or wouldn't get as much play time decided they wanted to come closer to home. As long as it's just this year with this many I am ok with it. We lost Brian Bell and Tim Flanders and replacing the all time winningest QB at our school and the best RB I have seen at SHSU in one year along with a large number of other skilled players is difficult to do in one year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Not to beat a dead horse about transfers, but I am going to anyways. Yes this team has a lot of transfers, but when you consider that a lot of these kids went to an FBS program and figured out that it wasn't close to home or wouldn't get as much play time decided they wanted to come closer to home. As long as it's just this year with this many I am ok with it. We lost Brian Bell and Tim Flanders and replacing the all time winningest QB at our school and the best RB I have seen at SHSU in one year along with a large number of other skilled players is difficult to do in one year.

is it? xsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
December 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Win with recruits, great! Win with transfers, great! Good luck to both teams.

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM
is it? xsmiley_wix

Everyone already forgotten how ****ty we were supposed to be this year after losing our entire team to graduation.
Lolz.

Beachdude
December 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Win with recruits, great! Win with transfers, great! Good luck to both teams.

My sentiments exactly. But with all due respect to SHSU, I'm a Bison fan here on out. Should be a couple of great Semi games. All teams left are playing great ball.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Everyone already forgotten how ****ty we were supposed to be this year after losing our entire team to graduation.
Lolz.

I think saying your "entire" team was a bit of a stretch. I think the myths of NDSU's demise after last year were greatly exaggerated.

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Starters:

QB - HS recruit
RB - HS recruit
WR - Transfer
WR - HS recruit
WR - Transfer
LT - HS recruit
LG - HS recruit
C - HS recruit
RG - HS recruit
RT - HS recruit
TE - HS recruit

DE - HS recruit
DT - HS recruit
DT - Transfer
DE - HS recruit
ILB - HS recruit
ILB - Transfer
SS - HS recruit
WS - Transfer
FS - HS recruit
CB - Transfer
CB - Transfer

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I just don't know how it's sustainable. To borrow a turn of phrase from Margaret Thatcher, eventually you run out of other people's recruits.

you left the most important part out of that famous quote -

"the problem with communism is you eventually run out of other peoples money"

spoken like a great American I might add...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
you left the most important part out of that famous quote -

"the problem with communism is you eventually run out of other peoples money"

spoken like a great American I might add...

I think I used what I wanted to use.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Its meh, I was just surprised it was that many.

football teams exist outside of Northern Dakota..... study up!

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I think I used what I wanted to use.

ok Putin

- - - Updated - - -

Dewey, sir classy... as promised some football news...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/2014/12/13/ud-fans-welcome-keelers-victorious-return-area/20372569/

Ivytalk
December 16th, 2014, 03:59 PM
NDSU beats the Huntsville Ray-Bans by a TD.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 04:05 PM

No way KC will break out the glasses for a game in a Dome - did he wear them at N Iowa back in 2007?

dewey
December 16th, 2014, 04:15 PM
ok Putin

- - - Updated - - -

Dewey, sir classy... as promised some football news...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/2014/12/13/ud-fans-welcome-keelers-victorious-return-area/20372569/

Thanks.

Dewey

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Didn't @ night in Death Valley

McNeese72
December 16th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Wading through this message string, my thought is.............Friday needs to get here!!! ;-)

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks.

Dewey

sorry that story is a bit old, I'll try to get you something you haven't already read about the game Friday night... wont be easy.

Texas
December 16th, 2014, 04:31 PM

Jax State ends the short playoff run of Sunglass Man by 7.
Keep being wrong.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I can tell you this much though, KC likes the spotlight, he knows that if there is any lights shining down on a FCS game it will be in Fargo, When he gets to the Semi's he wins.
2003 - big win at home vs Wofford - that Delaware D performed in the playoffs like no other in the history of em
2007 - big win on the road vs S Illinois - not an easy win
2010 - another easy win vs Georgia Southren

so KC is the intangible, I personally think North Dakota State should take the game to him hard and will emerge the victor, but it's tough to bet against Keeler in the Semis.

Consider that for each of these great seasons, KC had himself an outstanding transfer QB
2003 - Andy Hall - Georgia Tech
2007 - everyone on here knows this one
2010 - Pat Devlin - Penn state - NFL journeyman yet to attempt a pass at that level

another note - although Sammy is on a tear, Nova a bit overrated, granted a great win for Keeler to finally beat his Daddy Talley at Nova no less, but the point is Sammy will have to hit a lot of over the top pass plays to stay in it, Your QB looked real good, good arm (compared with noodle arm Brock) and was quick when he needed to be, Sammy will need to score 40 to win

So in the end, KC will not be able to slay the mighty Bizun in Fargo, just to tall of a task

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
NDSU's QB is a ginger.....Bison by a TD. :D

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 06:57 PM
NDSU's QB is a ginger...... :D

aren't they always?

katstrapper
December 16th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Starters:

QB - HS recruit
RB - HS recruit
WR - Transfer
WR - HS recruit
WR - Transfer
LT - HS recruit
LG - HS recruit
C - HS recruit
RG - HS recruit
RT - HS recruit
TE - HS recruit

DE - HS recruit
DT - HS recruit
DT - Transfer
DE - HS recruit
ILB - HS recruit
ILB - Transfer
SS - HS recruit
WS - Transfer
FS - HS recruit
CB - Transfer
CB - Transfer

I like this and true ....

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 09:20 PM
so where did Sammy get #85 from.... high school recruit or transfer?

TheEagleSHSU
December 16th, 2014, 09:26 PM

Transfer. #85 LaDarius Brown, 6'4" 220 lbs from Waxhachie, Texas

Sam_Kats
December 16th, 2014, 09:48 PM
TCU

Bison56
December 16th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Wading through this message string, my thought is.............Friday needs to get here!!! ;-)

Are you not entertained?

BNATION
December 17th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Just about 60 hours till kick off. No Dak, want to make it interesting. Avatar bet again?

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2014, 08:32 AM

I was referring to the NDSU coaches. They have 6 transfers...why can't they build success with high school recruits?

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I was referring to the NDSU coaches. They have 6 transfers...why can't they build success with high school recruits?

Trolling Trolling Trolling....xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 08:58 AM

He's got nothing else to do at this point in the season.

katstrapper
December 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Yep, from TCU. # 4 Derek Edwards is from Tx Tech. He is 6-2ish. Kats needed to upgrade receiving corp for this offense and fast and Keeler didnt have any time to recruit.

BNATION
December 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe-UpAHAglDhKAoo_Dhybp-zkUJhj0cJsuZFYs9Br9gNbbAa5JuLYYgNg (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/slidefile/mammals/bison/Page-3.htm&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=SqiRVPqrDIeHyQTQpYGoAw&ved=0CBoQ9QEwAg&usg=AFQjCNFDuvk8dREWMYiVV7JcjPnqYt54PA)

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Nah...just reality. Bison fans say they don't use transfers. Denial is a wonderful thing.

YoUDeeMan
December 17th, 2014, 10:57 AM
He's got nothing else to do at this point in the season.

Plenty to do...we're analyzing our plan for loading up for the future. That type of plan takes a lot of careful planning, but Brock thinks in 2016 he might have a chance to make the playoffs. At that time, watch out, because Brock's track record says he can hope that he might be able to have a chance at possibly getting close to an opportunity to potentially do things that could end up somewhat better than other years that could be measured with the eyeball test against some, but not all, of the years that proceeded the years that led to the attempt to build up to the years that, on paper at least, result in results that could be counted on to enrich the journey towards some measure of accomplishment that could be used to proclaim that such things matter in a nod towards improvement.

Also, I'm working on a football talent and coaching redistribution plan. NDSU's success must be shared with others in order to be fair to everyone else. The system is unbalanced, and NSDU should be forced to acknowledge that they have been in a position of privilege. Give that up, and you'll see that others can compete equally, and if not, then results should be equalized in order to be fair. You don't want people to suffer, do you?

BNATION
December 17th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Plenty to do...we're analyzing our plan for loading up for the future. That type of plan takes a lot of careful planning, but Brock thinks in 2016 he might have a chance to make the playoffs. At that time, watch out, because Brock's track record says he can hope that he might be able to have a chance at possibly getting close to an opportunity to potentially do things that could end up somewhat better than other years that could be measured with the eyeball test against some, but not all, of the years that proceeded the years that led to the attempt to build up to the years that, on paper at least, result in results that could be counted on to enrich the journey towards some measure of accomplishment that could be used to proclaim that such things matter in a nod towards improvement.

Also, I'm working on a football talent and coaching redistribution plan. NDSU's success must be shared with others in order to be fair to everyone else. The system is unbalanced, and NSDU should be forced to acknowledge that they have been in a position of privilege. Give that up, and you'll see that others can compete equally, and if not, then results should be equalized in order to be fair. You don't want people to suffer, do you?

Funny, redistribution of wealth. Socialist Yankee.

No_Skill
December 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM

Bwahahahahah!

D2 all over again.

Kudos to you, guy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Bwahahahahah!

D2 all over again.

Kudos to you, guy.

Yep, that's exactly what it was.

TheEagleSHSU
December 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM

He transferred in as a Junior.

Hammersmith
December 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Nah...just reality. Bison fans say they don't use transfers. Denial is a wonderful thing.

Let's put this **** measuring contest away once and for all. Here are the transfer lists from both schools(pulled from their websites). Make up your own minds on how much or little it matters. Or how much or how little difference there is between the current states of both rosters.

School #1:
Colorado (2)
Missouri (2)
Texas Tech (2)
Baylor
Boise State
Cal
Cincinnati
Miami(OH)
Oklahoma
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Toledo
Utah
Wake Forest
College of the Canyons
Blinn JC
Kilgore JC
Navarro JC
Highland CC
Pima CC

School #2:
Nebraska
Valley City State (ND) (2)
Minnesota State - Moorhead
Minnesota - Crookston
Bemidji State (MN)

fin

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Let's put this **** measuring contest away once and for all. Here are the transfer lists from both schools(pulled from their websites). Make up your own minds on how much or little it matters. Or how much or how little difference there is between the current states of both rosters.

School #1:
Colorado (2)
Missouri (2)
Texas Tech (2)
Baylor
Boise State
Cal
Cincinnati
Miami(OH)
Oklahoma
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Toledo
Utah
Wake Forest
College of the Canyons
Blinn JC
Kilgore JC
Navarro JC
Highland CC
Pima CC

School #2:
Nebraska
Valley City State(ND) (2)
Minnesota - Crookston
Bemidji State (MN)

fin

What I said may have been construed by some sandy vaginas in orange that our superiority comes from this transfer/recruit bull****. I give zero ****s about any of that.

I love that I have seen Kyle Emanuel, Colten Heagle, John Crockett, and Christian Dudzik grow from kids into men. It's one of the things that makes our fanbase very connected to this team. I don't know if that would happen as organically with so many FBS transfers.

The results speak for themselves. That is all I'll say.

Nickels
December 17th, 2014, 01:31 PM
What I said may have been construed by some sandy vaginas in orange that our superiority comes from this transfer/recruit bull****. I give zero ****s about any of that.

I love that I have seen Kyle Emanuel, Colten Heagle, John Crockett, and Christian Dudzik grow from kids into men. It's one of the things that makes our fanbase very connected to this team. I don't know if that would happen as organically with so many FBS transfers.

The results speak for themselves. That is all I'll say.

We have sandy vaginas yet Bison fans keep bringing the transfers up?

Your team should be favored in this game and the Bison have had our number in the past. What's with the inferiority complex?

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2014, 01:34 PM
What do people think of SHSU's defense/offense vs the defense/offense of coastal?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM
What do people think of SHSU's defense/offense vs the defense/offense of coastal?

Offense should be similar. The key will be not letting the QB to get his feet set while still keeping contain as he's big and can run. They seem a little less finesse than the last time we saw them. Defense seems very porous. Not sure what to expect there but our guys should be able to run free just like last week.

The absolute key to this game is the defense getting back to it's formerly stingy ways. Looks like the Bison will be able to score a lot of points, they just need to keep Sammy from doing the same.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM

IMO CCU offense is better then SHSU's but SHSU's defense is better the CC's. Should be another great game.

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2014, 01:50 PM

School #1:
Colorado (2)
Missouri (2)
Texas Tech (2)
Baylor
Boise State
Cal
Cincinnati
Miami(OH)
Oklahoma
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Toledo
Utah
Wake Forest
College of the Canyons
Blinn JC
Kilgore JC
Navarro JC
Highland CC
Pima CC

School #2:
Nebraska
Valley City State (ND) (2)
Minnesota - Crookston
Bemidji State (MN)

fin

One team prefers FBS/JC transfers and the other prefers NAIA/D2 transfers? I don't know what to make of it.

AmsterBison
December 17th, 2014, 02:21 PM
One team prefers FBS/JC transfers and the other prefers NAIA/D2 transfers? I don't know what to make of it.

Not surprising. UND fans "were not brought upon this world to 'get it'." - Lo-Pan

The main problem that I have with transfers is that the announcers can't shut up about them being transfers.

Nova09
December 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Offense should be similar. The key will be not letting the QB to get his feet set while still keeping contain as he's big and can run. They seem a little less finesse than the last time we saw them. Defense seems very porous. Not sure what to expect there but our guys should be able to run free just like last week.

The absolute key to this game is the defense getting back to it's formerly stingy ways. Looks like the Bison will be able to score a lot of points, they just need to keep Sammy from doing the same.

SHSU O-Line nowhere near quality of CCU's. Look for them to get beat, then hook the arm of the defender, run him upfield, and watch as QB runs through the vacated space that would be the defender sacking him.

Defense is nothing special, but neither is CCU's, so don't really know how to compare. All I need to say is you will run with ease and therefore control the game.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Not surprising. UND fans "were not brought upon this world to 'get it'." - Lo-Pan

The main problem that I have with transfers is that the announcers can't shut up about them being transfers.

Apparently neither can posters on here....xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 02:26 PM
SHSU O-Line nowhere near quality of CCU's. Look for them to get beat, then hook the arm of the defender, run him upfield, and watch as QB runs through the vacated space that would be the defender sacking him.

Defense is nothing special, but neither is CCU's, so don't really know how to compare. All I need to say is you will run with ease and therefore control the game.

I hope so. I just want one more out of these kids.

Daytripper
December 17th, 2014, 02:30 PM
My employer offered me a transfer, and I ..... oh, wait. That's different.

Nickels
December 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Yeah we have no chance. Just like last week, the week before that, the week before that & the week before that. Might as well turn the plane around.

Remind me again who Villanova is playing this weekend?

BNATION
December 17th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I hope so. I just want one more out of these kids.

Our O line did have trouble with NOVA but most of this was because of their funky ass 3-3-5 defense. Very tough if you have never seen it. They brought gap pressure in a very tricky way and the looks were confusing for our guys. The Defense I think will show up in Fargo. Look for SHSU to score a defensive or special teams touchdown.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Our O line did have trouble with NOVA but most of this was because of their funky ass 3-3-5 defense. Very tough if you have never seen it. They brought gap pressure in a very tricky way and the looks were confusing for our guys. The Defense I think will show up in Fargo. Look for SHSU to score a defensive or special teams touchdown.

NDSU did something very similar to a great effect in the 4th quarter. Late rush - try and chuck it into 8 guys and see if you can find a hole. Spoiler alert - he didn't.

Nova09
December 17th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah we have no chance. Just like last week, the week before that, the week before that & the week before that. Might as well turn the plane around.

Remind me again who Villanova is playing this weekend?

I never said you had no chance last week. All I said was that we would break 30, which was my sole prediction, not even knowing Robertson wouldn't play, and we still did break 30. So don't assign other people's predictions to me.

You know full well that Villanova is not playing because we lost to you, which is precisely why I am in a position to note observations about your team.

BNATION
December 17th, 2014, 03:14 PM
NDSU did something very similar to a great effect in the 4th quarter. Late rush - try and chuck it into 8 guys and see if you can find a hole. Spoiler alert - he didn't.
xpopcornxGet cha popcorn ready. I think it's gonna be close. The outside matchup will be very interesting with our two larger recievers.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 03:26 PM
xpopcornxGet cha popcorn ready. I think it's gonna be close. The outside matchup will be very interesting with our two larger recievers.

We heard that same thing in August. Except they had an all american Tight End to also keep track of.

I think a Defense is going to come around this week, just not the one you think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2014, 06:07 PM

Because you have no clue and done zero research on it.

There are stories on each one of those transfers and why they decided to go to NDSU.

Keller is plugging his perceived holes when he came in.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2014, 07:12 PM

thanks, if I would of know how this guy was going to dominate Nova I would of never picked Nova to win that game. Man against FCS....
N D ST better have someone who can man up with this one..... Something tells me that just lobbing it out there and him going up and catching it is not going to work this Friday night, what do you guys think?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2014, 07:28 PM
thanks, if I would of know how this guy was going to dominate Nova I would of never picked Nova to win that game. Man against FCS....
N D ST better have someone who can man up with this one..... Something tells me that just lobbing it out there and him going up and catching it is not going to work this Friday night, what do you guys think?

We'll put CJ Smith on him. He's pretty shut down if the refs have their heads out of their asses. Couple that with the time it takes for a long route to develop and knock knock, Mr Emanuel at the door.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
if the refs have their heads out of their asses.

why would a Bzn fan want this, is been working so well for the home team

dewey
December 17th, 2014, 08:05 PM

NDSU could put CJ Smith on LeDarius Brown or they could try to bracket Brown with one of the other cornerbacks and a linebacker thus leaving CJ Smith on there next best receiver. It will be interesting to see what NDSU does defensively to slow down the SHSU run game but yet limit what Johnson and Brown can do in the passing game. It has also been NDSU'S MO the last few years to take their best cover corner and put him in the opponents wide receiver thus allowing more safety help in the run game.

Dewey

TheEagleSHSU
December 17th, 2014, 09:20 PM
LB is by far our biggest WR, however Yedi Louis #9 is a speedster, Derek Edwards #4 has nice size at 6'2" and a speedster who runs track as well. I agree with it being interesting how NDSU comes out and plays the WR's and how the Kats execute in the run and pass game. Should be a fun game to watch.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Where did all the North D State fans go this year....... seems a bit slow on here to me.... consider this, there is only one fan in the world that is not a Sammy Fan or a Bizun fan that is interested in the game....... and he's not even in the U.S..... Well, Clucks been on here ..... make that 2

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Where did all the North D State fans go this year....... seems a bit slow on here to me.... consider this, there is only one fan in the world that is not a Sammy Fan or a Bizun fan that is interested in the game....... and he's not even in the U.S..... Well, Clucks been on here ..... make that 2

Slow your troll there Melvin.

centennial
December 17th, 2014, 10:03 PM
The NDSU vs Coastal thread has 50k views. Do we need to talk trash to prove that we are fans?

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 12:01 AM

Those two teams aren't playing this weekend.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Funny, redistribution of wealth. Socialist Yankee.

Uhhhhhhhhh...no.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 06:39 AM

Flippin burgers getting boring?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 06:42 AM

That will be an interesting match up.

Another one:

SHSU's defense gives up 423 yards/game
NDSU's defense gives up 266 yards/game

Which offense might have an easier time moving the ball?

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 07:23 AM
That will be an interesting match up.

Another one:

SHSU's defense gives up 423 yards/game
NDSU's defense gives up 266 yards/game

Which offense might have an easier time moving the ball?

Iffy stat what's the rankings of both their previous opponents offenses? Not just yards but points as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Iffy stat what's the rankings of both their previous opponents offenses? Not just yards but points as well.

Points given up per game:

SHSU: 27.7
NDSU: 13.9

Last week's games:

Villanova averages 470 yards/game
CC averages 463 yards/game

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Last week's games:

Villanova averages 470 yards/game
CC averages 463 yards/game

Correct. SH def gave up 31 on the road. NDSU def gave up 32 at home.

xthumbsupx

deez_na
December 18th, 2014, 08:10 AM

xthumbsupx

That's not very common for NDSU

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Also to put the 'transfer discussion' to bed (although it won't because you can't argue with a lady like NoDak)...

Study of where all the football talent comes from - you'll notice ONE state listed at #1 and ANOTHER state not even on the graphic (top 40 states are listed). Here both teams are in the semis after meeting twice in the Chipper. One school has FBS kids knocking on the door to come play closer to home in most cases & the other shouldn't be wasting valuable resources to get these southern kids to transfer to North Dakota. Bottom line, there's more than 1 way to compete for a championship. So, just STFU about the transfers. Vegas says you'll win by 2 TD's anyway so just ask your husband for a hundo & put it on the Bison, eh??

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Youre the only one who keeps bringing it up.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2014, 08:15 AM

xthumbsupx

25 at home, 7 special teams points.

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Those two teams aren't playing this weekend.

Yeah no **** sherlock, just wanted to see if people thought that SHSU has a better team than coastal(who almost beat the bison).

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Also to put the 'transfer discussion' to bed (although it won't because you can't argue with a lady like NoDak)...

Study of where all the football talent comes from - you'll notice ONE state listed at #1 and ANOTHER state not even on the graphic (top 40 states are listed). Here both teams are in the semis after meeting twice in the Chipper. One school has FBS kids knocking on the door to come play closer to home in most cases & the other shouldn't be wasting valuable resources to get these southern kids to transfer to North Dakota. Bottom line, there's more than 1 way to compete for a championship. So, just STFU about the transfers. Vegas says you'll win by 2 TD's anyway so just ask your husband for a hundo & put it on the Bison, eh??

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

Texas teams should win everything every year with a graph like that.

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Gil - not my point at all. In fact, READ the post & you'll see it's quite the contrary.

Mrs. NoDaK - at least you got to see some men grow...or whatever tickles your fancy.

Hitting the course, fellas. Y'all be good - looking for a great game tomorrow & will be rooting for whoever wins that game in Frisco. Hoping to get some Natty Champ tickets on the 11th too so I can just stay in Dallas & root for the Ducks (hopefully).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Gil - not my point at all. In fact, READ the post & you'll see it's quite the contrary.

Mrs. NoDaK - at least you got to see some men grow...or whatever tickles your fancy.

Hitting the course, fellas. Y'all be good - looking for a great game tomorrow & will be rooting for whoever wins that game in Frisco. Hoping to get some Natty Champ tickets on the 11th too so I can just stay in Dallas & root for the Ducks (hopefully).

The only thing I'm glad about is we only have to deal with you guys for a week this year.

Sammy94
December 18th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Texas teams should win everything every year with a graph like that.

If there were just 2 schools competing for the kids, we would.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2014, 08:55 AM

xthumbsupx

NDSU's defense only gave up 25.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM

xthumbsupx

Tough for SHSU to score when our offense is pounding your very mediocre defense!

xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Flippin burgers getting boring?

not down here, the view is nice too

so do you have a prediction for this game or are you only here to embarrass yourself?

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Tough for SHSU to score when our offense is pounding your very mediocre defense!

xthumbsupx

The one time I saw your offense in person they were very mediocre too xpeacex

I keed I keed

Bisonator
December 18th, 2014, 09:56 AM
not down here, the view is nice too

so do you have a prediction for this game or are you only here to embarrass yourself?

How about you? Who are the hens playing this weekend??

Seeing Keeler take another team to the semi's must be killing hen fans.

BNATION
December 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
The only thing I'm glad about is we only have to deal with you guys for a week this year.

This you dont mean. You never responded to my wager offer?

Daytripper
December 18th, 2014, 10:12 AM

Right back atcha...

BNATION
December 18th, 2014, 10:14 AM

I keed I keed

xbeerchugx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 10:16 AM
This you dont mean. You never responded to my wager offer?

I missed it. You really like that Bison avatar, don't you?

BNATION
December 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I missed it. You really like that Bison avatar, don't you?

Me thinks that this might be my revenge.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Me thinks that this might be my revenge.....

OK man, If you want to do this again. You really can take it down after your Spring game this year. You don't have to wait a whole year and a half to come back.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah no **** sherlock, just wanted to see if people thought that SHSU has a better team than coastal(who almost beat the bison).

Most people want to see if SHSU has a better team than NDSU, not Coastal.

But yeah, some people like things from a different angle, or even with someone else involved. You should probably spend your time on the other threat wondering if ISU has a better team than Charlotte (who almost beat the wildkitties).

Edit: wait...it was Chattanooga. Almost the same thing, right?

dewey
December 18th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Here are some stories from the Fargo Forum and a local Fargo TV station.

Beyond The Game: Jedre Cyr (NDSU FB)
http://www.wday.com/sports/3637343-beyond-game-jedre-cyr

Here is a article from the Fargo Foruma bout KC Keeler and his hopeful return to Frisco.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637319-schnepf-sam-houston-state-coach-eyes-return-frisco

Here is an article fromt he Fargo Forum about the SHSU WR's and the problems they present.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637310-explosive-receivers-challenge-bison-defensive-backs

Here is a story about numerous Bison fans who already have their tickets, flights and hotels ready for a return trip to Frisco.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637159-superfans-frisco-tickets-hand-ride-bison-roller-coaster

Enjoy.

Come on Bearkat fans! There has got to be some interesting articles in your local newspaper.

Dewey

dewey
December 18th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Here is the prediction from The Sports Network.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_17_2014.htm

FCS Playoff Semifinals

All Times ET

Friday, Dec. 19

Sam Houston State
(11-4) at No. 2 seed North Dakota State (13-1)

Kickoff:
8 p.m. (ESPN2)

What to Know: The national
championship finalists from 2011 and '12 are set to square off again, and a lot
has changed since North Dakota State dominated with defense in both victories.
As far as personnel, Sam Houston is especially different. Both teams even have
new coaches, Sam Houston's K.C. Keeler, who won the 2003 national title at
Delaware, and North Dakota State's Chris Klieman, an assistant during the
Bison's three straight titles.

The Bearkats have won three playoff games
over an impressive list of opponents (Southeastern Louisiana, Jacksonville State
and Villanova), but this is the Southland Conference power's third straight game
on the road and North Dakota State is a stronger team than the earlier
opponents. The Bearkats rely a lot on their team speed, but the host Bison also
have the speed defensively to match the visitors' athleticism.

Sam
Houston's run game averages 250.7 yards per game and recently injured rushing
leader Keshawn Hill looked more like himself in last Saturday's
quarterfinal-round win at Villanova, which makes dual-threat quarterback Jared
Johnson even more dangerous. But Johnson is going to need another big passing
game (22-for-27, 303 yards, three touchdowns against Villanova) to keep the
Bison from loading up the box with eight defenders.

Freshman defensive
end P.J. Hall had two more sacks against Villanova, giving him 11 this season as
well as 29 tackles for loss. He figures to be disruptive because North Dakota
State quarterback Carson Wentz likes to move from the pocket and he won't want
to go Hall's way.

Sam Houston safety Michael Wade is one of the few
veteran holdovers from the championship game appearances against North Dakota
State. His savvy play will set the tone on the back end. Plus, the Bison have
gotten younger at wide receiver since standout senior Zach Vraa was injured two
weeks ago.

The Bearkats have given up too many rushing yards in the
playoffs, so North Dakota State's primary objective is to put the ball in the
hands of senior running back John Crockett. who smoked Coastal Carolina last
Saturday for 227 yards and two touchdowns when the reigning champs were facing
the end of a playoff winning streak that now is at 14. Wentz often softens a
defense with draws and rollouts, then Crockett (1,754 yards and 17 touchdowns on
the ground) can break off decisive games.

Still, the bread and butter of
Bison football remains the defense, even though the vaunted unit is still
seeking a dominating effort in this postseason. Perhaps it reflects how much
they miss veteran linebacker Travis Beck, their fiery leader, who was injured in
the regular-season finale.

Defensive end Kyle Emanuel, the 2014 Buck
Buchanan Award winner, will lead the swarming defense. If the Bison can make the
game a bruising affair, the Bearkats might struggle for offensive rhythm. Plus,
the Bison defense energizes the Fargodome crowd, and that can't be minimized
when a visiting team hasn't experienced it before. The Bison have won 22
straight home games.

This game also matches excellent special teams.
Being indoors is always good for North Dakota State kicker Adam Keller, who is
26-for-31 on field goal attempts this season. Luc Swimberghe (17-for-19) is
reliable for Sam Houston. The punters - Lachlan Edwards (Sam Houston) and Ben
LeCompte (NDSU) - are among the best in the nation.

Prediction: North Dakota State has two scares in the
playoffs already. The Bison are usually good at making statements when there is
talk of a loss. North Dakota State, 37-23.

Dewey

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 10:55 AM
How about you? Who are the hens playing this weekend??

Seeing Keeler take another team to the semi's must be killing hen fans.

Nah. Once a Hen, always a Hen. Every sane UD fan is rooting for the BearKats...they're now extended family.

Remember, the CAA fans started the whole, "root for our conference bretheren, because we have the best damned conference in the nation, and we hate, but sort of respect, our fellow conference mates because we would rather be beaten by champions" thing.

And, the best part is, that while KC is killing it in Texas, UD is building for the future. By the time KC leaves SHSU, the Hens will be almost ready to compete. We're loading up on Lehigh Valley talent, a very underutilized area, and are preparing to move forward, perhaps even laterally, or even backwards, if necessary, in an effort to tap into coal kids, mountain kids (well rounded mountains, not those irregularly jagged peak things out West...and well rounded is good for our Three Prong TM approach), and inbred kids who can be developed into football players that can challenge some other football kids.

Wait for it, if you dare.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 10:57 AM

I keed I keed

No argument from me. I was at that game and UNI took it to the Bison and deserved to win that game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM
No argument from me. I was at that game and UNI took it to the Bison and deserved to win that game.

That was baffling to me. I was about as stunned as I've ever been. Terrible performance but they have been on a roll ever since.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 11:01 AM
That was baffling to me. I was about as stunned as I've ever been. Terrible performance but they have been on a roll ever since.

Ya, the Bison offense crapped their pants but UNI gets a lot of credit for that. The turnovers and penalties didn't help but UNI's defense played a very good game.

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Ya, the Bison offense crapped their pants but UNI gets a lot of credit for that. The turnovers and penalties didn't help but UNI's defense played a very good game.

This. I didn't predict the Bison O would crap the bed THAT bad, but I did think the UNI D was going to give NDSU fits.

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hoping to get some Natty Champ tickets on the 11th too so I can just stay in Dallas & root for the Ducks (hopefully).

We looked at doing the same. Damn, those things aren't cheap on StubHub.

deez_na
December 18th, 2014, 01:23 PM
We looked at doing the same. Damn, those things aren't cheap on StubHub.

Still tickets available on the ncaa championship site. 45 bucks, why go on stubhub?

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM
for a hundo & put it on the Bison, eh??
I will take that bet. Loser paypals $100 to the winner?
You in or not?

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2014, 02:07 PM
So I heard Sam Houston had some transfers.... anyone know anything about that????* :D

*This is a rhetorical question**.
**For our friends from Texas a rhetorical question means to make a statement in the form of a question so it's not meant to be answered.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM
did my annual "mention the FCS playoffs" at work today, to my surprise there was actually one guy that knew that FCS used to be 1AA, He was from Alabama and had attended Troy State U, or Transfer State University as he phrased it.... he didn't know who was in the playoffs this year or there was even a college football game Friday night, but still I was almost shocked he knew that much

as for the other 35 or so, Blank stares at the mention of FCS Playoffs, Fargo Dome, Bizzun, North Dakota State, Sam Houston, or KC Keeler.... actually I think I saw some whispering going on behind my back about me getting senile for trying to talk about things that didn't actually exist..... giggle giggle....

BNATION
December 18th, 2014, 02:53 PM
did my annual "mention the FCS playoffs" at work today, to my surprise there was actually one guy that knew that FCS used to be 1AA, He was from Alabama and had attended Troy State U, or Transfer State University as he phrased it.... he didn't know who was in the playoffs this year or there was even a college football game Friday night, but still I was almost shocked he knew that much

as for the other 35 or so, Blank stares at the mention of FCS Playoffs, Fargo Dome, Bizzun, North Dakota State, Sam Houston, or KC Keeler.... actually I think I saw some whispering going on behind my back about me getting senile for trying to talk about things that didn't actually exist..... giggle giggle....

Not so true here. My company employs quite a few Bearkats, and I employ one myself. Two of our engineers are from ND and are huge Bison fans so its been a fun week here in gods country.

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I will take that bet. Loser paypals $100 to the winner?
You in or not?

Do you know how betting works?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 02:56 PM

The Troy State guy should be very familiar with NDSU unless he's 20 years old.

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Do you know how betting works?
I guess thats a no. Typical loud mouth backing down.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Most people in my office (in the Portland, Ore. metro area) are familiar with NDSU since I have a table-topper from a watch party in my cube and I wear a Bison shirt and baseball cap at least once per week during football season.

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2014, 04:18 PM
If shsu gets a third runner up banner, is that like 1/3 of a national championship? ( I know that I have no room to talk btw, UNH has never even made an appearance)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 04:20 PM
People here know exactly who NDSU is. Of course, the last Kansas team to beat them was Emporia State in 1998.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Not so true here. My company employs quite a few Bearkats, and I employ one myself. Two of our chefs are from ND and are huge Bison fans so its been a fun week here in gods country.

We don't have Waffle house down here, I miss it too.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM
@ Professor Chaos-- I'll give you my take on transfers, especially since so many people make a big deal about them. Most of the ones that transfer from FBS to FCS or lower do so basically because of lack of playing time. If your good you play if your not then you don't, makes sense. About 20% of the guys do it for other reasons. I saw this a lot when I played at Tennessee. About 1/3 of a class would be gone by their sophomore year at Tennessee when I was there. And almost every one of the guys that would leave were never really panning out and were not going to see anything but mop up duty at best. But when they were leaving all they talked about were other excuses. Think about it, how often does a FBS starter ever say "huh, I think I would rather go to Grand Valley St to play", almost never. So the fact that they (SHSU) have something like 17 FBS transfers does nothing to impress me, NDSU has been beating teams with a full roster of FBS players, so 17 do not impress me at all. They might have 3-4 of them who transferred for personal reasons and that to me leaves 13-14 of them who thought they were something special but were not, or they were pissed about not playing and failed to honor their commitment. That is why I am glad NDSU hardly ever takes a FBS transfer, I think we might have 2, King Fraizer being one. We do however have 3-4 DII and NAIA transfers. Many FBS kids want to change to NDSU, but basically get turned down. So basically I don't look at FBS transfers like they are 7ft tall and bullet proof.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I see what you did there.xsalutex

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM

Considering its you I can see why. Yes you are that guy in the office.

BNATION
December 18th, 2014, 06:05 PM
That's supposed to say engineers not chefs haha.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Yes you are that guy in the office.

Yes I'm the guy

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Here are some stories from the Fargo Forum and a local Fargo TV station.

Beyond The Game: Jedre Cyr (NDSU FB)
http://www.wday.com/sports/3637343-beyond-game-jedre-cyr

Here is a article from the Fargo Foruma bout KC Keeler and his hopeful return to Frisco.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637319-schnepf-sam-houston-state-coach-eyes-return-frisco

Here is an article fromt he Fargo Forum about the SHSU WR's and the problems they present.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637310-explosive-receivers-challenge-bison-defensive-backs

Here is a story about numerous Bison fans who already have their tickets, flights and hotels ready for a return trip to Frisco.
http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3637159-superfans-frisco-tickets-hand-ride-bison-roller-coaster

Enjoy.

Come on Bearkat fans! There has got to be some interesting articles in your local newspaper.

Dewey

"Since that trip to Frisco in 2011, his next two teams posted records of 7-4 and 5-6 – not good by Delaware standards. A new athletic director stepped in and decided to fire Keeler – the former Delaware football player who in his 11 years as the school’s head coach compiled an 86-52 record, won one national title and reached two national championship games."

not that it really matters much now, but the new AD was just following orders...

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
“To be let go by your alma mater after you went to the national championship game three times, that was tough,” Keeler said. “You have to remember, Delaware played for one national championship in 21 years before I got there."

this is the subject of much debate at Gohens.net...... KC wasted no time getting that sound bite in.....

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 08:08 PM
That is why I am glad NDSU hardly ever takes a FBS transfer, I think we might have 2, King Fraizer being one. We do however have 3-4 DII and NAIA transfers. Many FBS kids want to change to NDSU, but basically get turned down. So basically I don't look at FBS transfers like they are 7ft tall and bullet proof.

Jesus you are dense. NDSU doesn't accept transfers because nobody is knocking at the door to get in. SHSU is less than an hour from the 5th largest metropolitan in the country, let's for get about the 4th just 2 1/2 hours away. ND ranks 48th in population out of 50 states. Population is everything with transfers especially with a talent rich state as Texas.

Coaches care about one thing and that's winning if you think Klieman would decline someone with more talent than what's on the roster... You need to go get your head checked.

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Jesus you are dense. NDSU doesn't accept transfers because nobody is knocking at the door to get in. SHSU is less than an hour from the 5th largest metropolitan in the country, let's for get about the 4th just 2 1/2 hours away. ND ranks 48th in population out of 50 states. Population is everything with transfers especially with a talent rich state as Texas.

Coaches care about one thing and that's winning if you think Klieman would decline someone with more talent than what's on the roster... You need to go get your head checked.

At NDSU, you don't just get the silver plate handed to you. You earn it by showing commitment and dedication to a program. You buy into the system and prove you should be out there. Players at NDSU earned the field they play on. I seriously doubt Klieman would allow someone to jump ahead of the depth chart since they believe they are special. I can tell you that growing up in the Twin Cities and having to deal with the Gophers, who I hate with a passion, and being raised a Hawkeye/Bison fan (Dad is from Iowa City and Mom is from Fergus Falls) I can tell you without a doubt that I am glad NDSU takes pride and character in the men they recruit and make sure that those who have earned it, see the field and that no one is above anyone else. There is a sense of humbleness that exists in that lockeroom and I am glad to see it not only reflected on the field but also in the community.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM
At NDSU, you don't just get the silver plate handed to you. You earn it by showing commitment and dedication to a program. You buy into the system and prove you should be out there. Players at NDSU earned the field they play on. I seriously doubt Klieman would allow someone to jump ahead of the depth chart since they believe they are special. I can tell you that growing up in the Twin Cities and having to deal with the Gophers, who I hate with a passion, and being raised a Hawkeye/Bison fan (Dad is from Iowa City and Mom is from Fergus Falls) I can tell you without a doubt that I am glad NDSU takes pride and character in the men they recruit and make sure that those who have earned it, see the field and that no one is above anyone else. There is a sense of humbleness that exists in that lockeroom and I am glad to see it not only reflected on the field but also in the community.

Yep, all the other schools that accept transfers just let them run all over them and go wild.

http://i.imgur.com/y5wflph.gif

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 09:00 PM
At NDSU, you don't just get the silver plate handed to you. You earn it by showing commitment and dedication to a program. You buy into the system and prove you should be out there. Players at NDSU earned the field they play on. I seriously doubt Klieman would allow someone to jump ahead of the depth chart since they believe they are special.

Speaking of believing that they are special...

Transfers at other schools usually earn their playing time and climb the depth chart by sleeping with the coach's wife. Talent, at least football talent, has little to do with it.

In reality, NDSU is probably doing what other schools are doing with their transfers. Knowing this, you have to wonder if those 6 NDSU transfers are using Doodle or some other meeting scheduling program in order to avoid conflicts.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM

Last year or the year before Craig Bohl said in an interview when asked about FBS transfers that he was getting 7-10 requests yearly on average from FBS players wanting to transfer to NDSU for football. And he pretty much turned down every one and they were coming from all over the country. And his reason why he turned them down, because basically he did not want players who were taught in a system that did not do it the Bison way. So I can guarantee you that the Bison have had more than the FCS average when it comes to requests to come to NDSU.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Only 7-10? xeyebrowx

Seriously, you are well below average. xnodx

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:22 PM

How many college football national championships in the last 10 years has the state of Texas won at any level with all that talent and population............................. do I hear crickets???xasswhipx

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:24 PM
How many college football national championships in the last 10 years has the state of Texas won at any level with all that talent and population............................. do I hear crickets???xasswhipx

Seriously? How about go with how many NFL players are from Texas? Last time I checked Texas has more NFL starting QBs than any other state. That question just shows how big of an idiot you really are.

gumby013
December 18th, 2014, 09:25 PM

Blinn won a JuCo championship with Cam Newton.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Only 7-10? xeyebrowx

Seriously, you are well below average. xnodx
Really, as if your school or any other out there averages 7-10 requests a year from FBS football players. I don't think so.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2014, 09:27 PM

You are calling some one dense and then you make that statement?

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
You are calling some one dense and then you make that statement?

Don't get butt hurt about facts.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Really, as if your school or any other out there averages 7-10 requests a year from FBS football players. I don't think so.

We have 17 don't know if you heard that or not. Not including requests but actual transfers.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 09:30 PM

Let me guess...you avoided the classes that involved science, math, and logic, didn't you? xeyebrowx

Nickels
December 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM
We turned down 6 qbs alone. 7-10 REQUEST really isn't much.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 09:33 PM

You should probably stop thinking then.

Cripes, KC was contacted by 6 QBs alone this year. Remember, the players have to reach out to the coaches.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Don't get butt hurt about facts.

Youre the one calling people names and making stupid statements and Im the one butt hurt? LOL Nice try.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Youre the one calling people names and making stupid statements and Im the one butt hurt? LOL Nice try.

Reading isn't your thing. It's okay.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Seriously? How about go with how many NFL players are from Texas? Last time I checked Texas has more NFL starting QBs than any other state. That question just shows how big of an idiot you really are.
Yeah, I am serious, or is the question to hard for you to understand or is the answer to embarrassing for you to say. After all it was a very straight forward question. Do you need help, here allow me, double digit number that starts with 0 and ends with(well I'll be damned) 0. By the way, how many former SHSU players from that talent rich state of Tx are currently playing NFL football.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I am serious, or is the question to hard for you to understand or is the answer to embarrassing for you to say. After all it was a very straight forward question. Do you need help, here allow me, double digit number that starts with 0 and ends with(well I'll be damned) 0. By the way, how many former SHSU players from that talent rich state of Tx are currently playing NFL football.

NFL starting QB Josh McCown, next? But this isn't just about SHSU you questioned Texas. I don't want to list all of those.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Does the Bison running game go for over 300 in this game?

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:42 PM
We turned down 6 qbs alone. 7-10 REQUEST really isn't much.
I doubt it. 7-10 requests is a lot when they are told in advance that odds are they will not be accepted.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I doubt it. 7-10 requests is a lot when they are told in advance that odds are they will not be accepted.

We have 17 actual transfers right now on the team. How hard is it for you to comprehend that? 17 is more than 10 and that is not including requests that got denied.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 09:45 PM

Doubt all you want. You asked and were given a truthful answer.

Nickels
December 18th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Unless the entire AD and coaching staff are making **** up, we absolutely turned down 6 FBS transfer QBs this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 09:46 PM

6 QBs were beating the door down to transfer to SHSU to play this year alone?

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Unless the entire AD and coaching stuff is making **** up, we absolutely turned down 6 FBS transfer QBs this year.

Our coach is lying no way a NDSU coach would lie.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
6 QBs were beating the door down to transfer to SHSU to play this year alone?

KC Keeler himself said he turned away 6.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 09:50 PM
KC Keeler himself said he turned away 6.

I suppose it is probably right...a lot of D1 schools in Texas and surrounding states.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 09:50 PM
So you really expect me or any other sane person to believe that your school got 6 requests from FBS roster Qb's to join your team. I would still put money on you being a liar, or false information.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Reading isn't your thing. It's okay.

And comprehension isnt yours. Hey may be we should work together? LOL

No_Skill
December 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
We have 17 actual transfers right now on the team. How hard is it for you to comprehend that? 17 is more than 10 and that is not including requests that got denied.

Not a fan of the whole transfer debate, but did all 17 come in last year or are some carryovers from previous years?

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Not a fan of the whole transfer debate, but did all 17 come in last year or are some carryovers from previous years?

Most of them if not all came in with Keeler.

Nickels
December 18th, 2014, 09:54 PM
So you really expect me or any other sane person to believe that your school got 6 requests from FBS roster Qb's to join your team. I would still put money on you being a liar.
Well then you lost your money. It was discussed by Keeler and staff repeatedly with the media when the QB battle was taking place.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
NFL starting QB Josh McCown, next? But this isn't just about SHSU you questioned Texas. I don't want to list all of those.

I never questioned how many people from Texas are playing in the NFL. The only question I had about Texas was how many college national championships have Texas college teams won in the last 10 years. Even when it's in black and white right in front of you you're unable to get it right. And a little FYI, NDSU has 5 current NFL players starting.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I never questioned how many people from Texas are playing in the NFL. The only question I had about Texas was how many college national championships have Texas college teams won in the last 10 years. Even when it's in black and white right in front of you you're unable to get it right. And a little FYI, NDSU has 5 current NFL players starting.

Texas has 184+, as for national championships? Do you know how much competition in state alone there is for talent? Then add in all of the out of state poaching.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:17 PM
What does the number 10 have to do with what your talking about, you have 17 former FBS guys we have 1 . Here let me try what you did, 98025948572645400577689937661558566870 is more than 2. Use the numbers with the proper topic they are being discussed with next time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Won't someone think of the poor teams in Texas? I mean, there are 500 Division I colleges in Texas..

****, just beat these guys so they go back underground for another year. Last year was soooooo nice.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Won't someone think of the poor teams in Texas? I mean, there are 500 Division I colleges in Texas..

****, just beat these guys so they go back underground for another year. Last year was soooooo nice.

Only one that will vanish will be BNATION and you when your wife comes home demanding dinner.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Texas has 184+, as for national championships? Do you know how much competition in state alone there is for talent? Then add in all of the out of state poaching.
You are really hooked on this whole state of Texas thing aren't you, yet you still can't answer the question of national championships for Texas. But you are more than aware to give reason as to why they can't win one.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Only one that will vanish will be BNATION and you when your wife comes home demanding dinner.

We get a lot of takeout. Gotta keep you restaurant workers in business, yano?

dewey
December 18th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Here is an article from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about NDSU running aback John Crockett. I remember reading the recruiting news years ago about John singing to play football at NDSU and then following him the first few years when he didn't play at all but got his academics in order. No matter what happens the rest of his football career he will leave NDSU with a degree.

It would have been very easy to leave NDSU and go back to Minneapolis but he stuck to it and has become on of the best running backs in NDSU history. For his determination he will always be a favorite of mine.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/gophers/286306641.html?section=/sports

Former Totino-Grace star John Crockett has 1,754 yards rushing for the Bison.

John Crockett was loose. He had 45 yards to travel to put North Dakota State back in front of Coastal Carolina in the fourth quarter.

There always had been a voice in his ear, from the time Crockett was a little kid growing up on the north side of Minneapolis, telling him not to sit still but to get moving, to go faster.

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

A basketball coach identified the source of that voice when Crockett was in the fourth grade.

“I was running all over the gym, and the coach said, ‘You never stop; I’m going to call you the ‘Tasmanian devil,’ ” Crockett said. “I adopted that. He became ‘Taz,’ my alter-ego. He shows up on Saturdays.’’

Last Saturday, Taz’s voice was drowned out by the din of 18,000 screaming NDSU faithful inside the Fargodome.

“I heard the roar, but I was more worried about running out of gas before I got to the end zone,’’ Crockett said. “I was a little tired by then.’’

Crockett got to the end zone. He had started NDSU with a 70-yard touchdown run, and the 45-yarder was decisive in a 39-32 shootout victory in the FCS quarterfinals.

Crockett had 26 carries for 227 yards. He now has NDSU’s single-season records for carries (320) and yards (1,754), along with 18 touchdowns (17 rushing).

But a little tired? John Crockett? Nobody believes that.

Jeff Ferguson saw the best of Crockett as his football coach at Totino-Grace. And as the school’s dean of students, he heard about the worst of Crockett from several teachers.

“John was irresponsible,’’ Ferguson said.

Missing school?

“He never missed school; John loved being at school,’’ Ferguson said. “The problem was being where he was supposed to be. He much preferred shooting baskets in the gym to a classroom.’’

Ferguson laughed slightly. Crockett laughed more robustly when confronted with his reputation for wanderlust at Totino-Grace.

“I wouldn’t be where I am today if not for all the people who went out of their way to help me at Totino-Grace,’’ Crockett said. “I also wouldn’t be where I am today without one big thing in my favor: a hunger to succeed.’’

Ferguson also mentioned Crockett’s hunger in a conversation, and said: “Because of that drive to succeed, he’s going to graduate from college. Considering the boy who came to our school as a freshman and where he was academically … that’s a miracle.’’

Crockett plans to get his degree in University Studies, with a minor in communication, in the spring.

He first came in contact with Totino-Grace when he attended a football camp as an eighth-grader.

“When school started, he just showed up,’’ Ferguson said. “We didn’t know much about him.’’

Crockett lived in north Minneapolis with his mother, Jackie Martin. He spent his freshman year in Totino-Grace’s learning lab program to catch up on basic academic skills.

His sophomore and part of his junior years were difficult, when his mother had an emotional problem linked to stress.

“His mom’s a great lady; she’s doing well now,’’ Ferguson said. “Just like John, we all love her here.’’

Crockett spent several months sleeping on couches with the families of various friends. “I think he had toothbrushes in about six houses at that time,’’ Ferguson said.

How would he get to school in the morning?

“I’m persuasive,’’ Crockett said. “I’d talk someone into giving me a ride.’’

Totino-Grace has a mighty tradition of winning football and terrific running backs.

“I don’t think anyone we’ve had as a runner compares with John, with the combination of physical ability and desire,’’ Ferguson said.

“And now he has size [6-foot, 215]. If it wasn’t for the academics, he would’ve been with the Gophers, or somewhere at that level.

“NDSU worked out perfect for him, though. They were committed to him, more than a Big Ten school probably would have been.’’

Crockett didn’t get to put on a helmet for two years at NDSU. First, he was in a “pathways’’ program at an adjacent junior college, and then he had to spend his freshman year at NDSU getting eligible for NCAA competition.

He has done tremendous things — 4,069 yards, 5.8 yards per carry, 37 touchdowns — in just three seasons, the first two of which he spent splitting time with starter Sam Ojuri. Crockett has been so impressive as a senior that he’s been invited to the East-West Shrine All-Star Game on Jan. 17 in St. Petersburg, Fla.

First, there is NDSU’s effort at a fourth consecutive national title.

The Bison face a mighty semifinal challenge on Friday from Sam Houston State. The Bearkats have 19 transfers from FBS programs on the roster; NDSU has one in King Frazier, a backup running back to Crockett.

“We belong to North Dakota State; we belong to Fargo,’’ Crockett said. “We are ateam. The Fargodome on Friday night … it’s going to be crazy.’’

How does “Taz’’ feel about Fridays? “He’ll be there,’’ Crockett said.

Patrick Reusse can be heard 3-6 p.m. weekdays on AM-1500. •

Dewey

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:39 PM

You make it seem like every team wants there roster to be at least 40% from Tx.
The top 4 teams in the country have FSU-0, Alabama-1, OSU-2, and Oregon-5 (but then again they also have 4 from that other great football factory state of Hawaii).
So Oregon having the most at five (not much considering it is Oregon) and then 0,1,2 for the other three. The best schools in the country don't seem to be banging down the doors to get your Tx guys.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 10:47 PM
I suppose it is probably right...a lot of D1 schools in Texas and surrounding states.

Wow, someone with some common sense.

Thank you.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:50 PM

Every year so many SHSU fans on here come up with what the Bison can't do. First year (2011)was the Bison can't match their speed and option offense. Wrong!! Second (2012) was no team has won a national championship against the same team twice. Wrong!! Last year (2013) Bison can't win a 3rd straight. Wrong!!! And most every one of them disappeared off this message board for weeks or more afterwards. Now they are back it seems.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 10:54 PM
You make it seem like every team wants there roster to be at least 40% from Tx.
The top 4 teams in the country have FSU-0, Alabama-1, OSU-2, and Oregon-5 (but then again they also have 4 from that other great football factory state of Hawaii).
So Oregon having the most at five (not much considering it is Oregon) and then 0,1,2 for the other three. The best schools in the country don't seem to be banging down the doors to get your Tx guys.

And yet only one of those schools are from one of the top 3 states(Cali, FL, and TX)that produces the most NFL players. Hmm.

This argument is stupid, and boring.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 10:56 PM
So you really expect me or any other sane person to believe that your school got 6 requests from FBS roster Qb's to join your team. I would still put money on you being a liar, or false information.

First of all, SHSU isn't my team...but it doesn't surprise me that that didn't make it through your filter.

But, since you asked, UD had a boatload of FBS QBs calling each year. Do you actually think that only Andy Hall called in 2002? Flacco in 2005? Devlin in 2009? Yeah, we got lucky that those guys happened to be the only ones to call. Heck, look at the list of transfers KC brought in to bolster the 2003 National championship team.

Plenty of transfers called each year...more than 7-10. Then you must filter through the list of names and see who you really want to invite in for a visit...usually based on the position of need. KC had the team members take them on campus visits and actually gave those UD players the chance to evaluate whether they'd be a fit for the team.

It was all a very open process here at UD. Not hard to understand.

herd13
December 18th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Wouldn't it he more productive to talk about the game or maybe strengths and weaknesses of players instead of the fact that teams have transfers. NDSU doesn't have a lot but I could care less if we had 5, 10, or 50. It is kind of fun to see there progression for 4-5 years but at the end of the day if the team on the field can win I really don't care. Next year if NDSU decided to fill some gaps with a bunch of transfers who cares if they fit in to what the coaches want to do? On the flip side SHSU has more transfers. What does it matter? They have an opportunity in Texas that NDSU doesn't..... Population and more talent in the area. Why wouldn't they take that opportunity. I know I would if I were them. SHSU has done a great job putting this team together quickly with a coach that hasn't been there long. NDSU is doing a great job with their philosophy. Arguing about this is like arguing about which soda is the best. Maybe it's my own fault for reading this thread but I like to read about the game. At least every 20 posts or so are OK.

Prediction: NDSU 182 SHSU 3 because we have fewer transfers.....kidding kidding. Less than 10 points one way or another and a heart attack for me.

YoUDeeMan
December 18th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I was hoping someone would tell me more about the upcoming ISU - Chattanooga game.

Texas
December 18th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't it he more productive to talk about the game or maybe strengths and weaknesses of players instead of the fact that teams have transfers. NDSU doesn't have a lot but I could care less if we had 5, 10, or 50. It is kind of fun to see there progression for 4-5 years but at the end of the day if the team on the field can win I really don't care. Next year if NDSU decided to fill some gaps with a bunch of transfers who cares if they fit in to what the coaches want to do? On the flip side SHSU has more transfers. What does it matter? They have an opportunity in Texas that NDSU doesn't..... Population and more talent in the area. Why wouldn't they take that opportunity. I know I would if I were them. SHSU has done a great job putting this team together quickly with a coach that hasn't been there long. NDSU is doing a great job with their philosophy. Arguing about this is like arguing about which soda is the best. Maybe it's my own fault for reading this thread but I like to read about the game. At least every 20 posts or so are OK.

Prediction: NDSU 182 SHSU 3 because we have fewer transfers.....kidding kidding. Less than 10 points one way or another and a heart attack for me.

I think we talked out everything so we had to beat the dead horse again. I'm ready for tomorrow night. Win or loss this year for us was unexpected. Even just to make it to the playoffs.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 11:21 PM
First of all, SHSU isn't my team...but it doesn't surprise me that that didn't make it through your filter.

But, since you asked, UD had a boatload of FBS QBs calling each year. Do you actually think that only Andy Hall called in 2002? Flacco in 2005? Devlin in 2009? Yeah, we got lucky that those guys happened to be the only ones to call. Heck, look at the list of transfers KC brought in to bolster the 2003 National championship team.

Plenty of transfers called each year...more than 7-10. Then you must filter through the list of names and see who you really want to invite in for a visit...usually based on the position of need. KC had the team members take them on campus visits and actually gave those UD players the chance to evaluate whether they'd be a fit for the team.

It was all a very open process here at UD. Not hard to understand.

I never indicated to you that I thought SHSU was your team either. I can see Blue hen in your location. For fans that like to try to state fact, you and Texas (username) sure like to make stuff up.

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Still tickets available on the ncaa championship site. 45 bucks, why go on stubhub?
For the FBS championship? That's what we are talking about getting tickets for.

TheEagleSHSU
December 18th, 2014, 11:30 PM
It's going to be a hell of a game. Transfers or not at this point they are all Bearkats or Bison! Who gives **** anyways. 466 post and I bet 366 of the are talking about ****ing transfers.

Btw, for what it's worth, 6 QB's were turned away this year by KCK. That is a fact. Other than that hope it's a nice clean game and Eat'Em Up Kats!

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Here's an article stating the 6 qb requests. http://m.itemonline.com/sports/tierney-pondering-the-future-of-the-kats-qb-position/article_f840ecb2-58de-11e4-ae5f-03f57dc40801.html?mode=jqm

FargoBison
December 19th, 2014, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNu7Pxn2ros

Wofford Dude from Montana
December 19th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed watching Coastal and the Bison last week, way better than the Chatty vs NH game.
Hoping Sam Houston can pull off upset, but home cooking in the Dome, with traveling might be to much.
Look forward to meeting some Bison fans next August is Missoula.

FargoBison
December 19th, 2014, 12:50 AM
http://vimeo.com/114929197

BearKatProud
December 19th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Every year so many SHSU fans on here come up with what the Bison can't do. First year (2011)was the Bison can't match their speed and option offense. Wrong!! Second (2012) was no team has won a national championship against the same team twice. Wrong!! Last year (2013) Bison can't win a 3rd straight. Wrong!!! And most every one of them disappeared off this message board for weeks or more afterwards. Now they are back it seems.

Wow, looks like it's deep in the bison pen today, as expected.

1. Great rating the top FBS teams and players from Texas, although it has nothing to do with this game. For fun though, how many ND players on those same teams? Honest question.
2. No excuses from me, you guys won those titles and it's impressive.
3. Win or lose, I'll be back here after the game.

Lastly, chill out. You root for the 3 time national champion, stop playing the victim.

Your road to this game is paved with one top 10 victory at home. We've gone 3-0 vs. top 10 in the playoffs, 2 of those on the road.

Your team deserves respect, so does ours.

FUBeAR
December 19th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Where is the ATLANTA WATCH PARTY for NDSU or SHSU fans?

I'm taking a couple of All-SoCon OLmen out for a 'reward dinner' tonight (Prior Relationship (Coached 'em in HS) / Occasional Meal rules apply for any NCAA trolls out there) and we want to find a place to watch the game with some FCS Fans afterward. Will cheer for whichever team is hosting their event at the closest/best place....We do have plenty of Orange to wear, if it's SHSU...and we have a good bit of Green in our wardrobes from their HS days and 1 of 'em has actually played in the Dome, if it's NDSU. So...WE READY!!! Just let us know where!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2014, 06:40 AM
It's about time Friday got here....xnodx

IMO, the Kat defense will not consistently stop the Bison offense tonight. The Bison offense has been rolling since the Missouri State game and both the running/passing games have been clicking efficiently.

Will the Kats stack the box to contain the run?
Play press man on the outside?

I think the TEs and RB/FB out of the backfield will be open in the passing game.

The Bison defense will be facing another no-huddle spread offense this week. Can they contain an offense that has been rolling also? More tall WRs for the Bison to try and defend. Will the Bison use more base Tampa-2 or nickel in this game?

In the end, the Bison defense is much better than SHSU's defense and they will produce more stops. The Bison offense will be the defense's best friend tonight with sustained drives to keep the SHSU offense off the field.

Bison win 35-20

dewey
December 19th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Where is the ATLANTA WATCH PARTY for NDSU or SHSU fans?

I'm taking a couple of All-SoCon OLmen out for a 'reward dinner' tonight (Prior Relationship (Coached 'em in HS) / Occasional Meal rules apply for any NCAA trolls out there) and we want to find a place to watch the game with some FCS Fans afterward. Will cheer for whichever team is hosting their event at the closest/best place....We do have plenty of Orange to wear, if it's SHSU...and we have a good bit of Green in our wardrobes from their HS days and 1 of 'em has actually played in the Dome, if it's NDSU. So...WE READY!!! Just let us know where!

I looked on the NDSU Alumni Association website but I didn't see anything listed. I am not sure if I looked in the wrong spot or if maybe there isn't anything since it is televised. I would just wear green and yellow tonight:-)

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM
It's about time Friday got here....xnodx

IMO, the Kat defense will not consistently stop the Bison offense tonight. The Bison offense has been rolling since the Missouri State game and both the running/passing games have been clicking efficiently.

Will the Kats stack the box to contain the run?
Play press man on the outside?

I think the TEs and RB/FB out of the backfield will be open in the passing game.

The Bison defense will be facing another no-huddle spread offense this week. Can they contain an offense that has been rolling also? More tall WRs for the Bison to try and defend. Will the Bison use more base Tampa-2 or nickel in this game?

In the end, the Bison defense is much better than SHSU's defense and they will produce more stops. The Bison offense will be the defense's best friend tonight with sustained drives to keep the SHSU offense off the field.

Bison win 35-20

We finally were able to get stops in the 4th when we weren't using the Nickel Package...so here's hoping?

katstrapper
December 19th, 2014, 07:23 AM

Kats till have Josh Lyons and there is a freshman TE that I am guessing they redshirted this year in Hayden Cagle (6-6, 245). Kats don't throw a lot to the TE's but they are key in the running game. I look for plenty of bubble screens and quick slants in this game. Something to keep the pressure off of JJ early. One thing the Kats wont abandon will be the running game, even if it is tough sledding early on. They kept pounding away in all the games and eventually breaking big runs.

If the Kat D will show up that played in the SE La game, this will be a tight game. That SE La game was probably the best I had seen the defense play since McNeese. They were dominating and aggressive. That is the Kat D that needs to show.

My may concern in this game is the Kats not getting off to a fast start. They have started slow in every game in the playoffs only to put it together and get it rolling. My opinion is if this game is close after the first quarter, this will be a fight and a great game.

deez_na
December 19th, 2014, 07:31 AM
For the FBS championship? That's what we are talking about getting tickets for.

ha my bad, I didn't read enough apparently and just assumed you were talking about the FCS

TennBison
December 19th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Wow, looks like it's deep in the bison pen today, as expected.

1. Great rating the top FBS teams and players from Texas, although it has nothing to do with this game. For fun though, how many ND players on those same teams? Honest question.
2. No excuses from me, you guys won those titles and it's impressive.
3. Win or lose, I'll be back here after the game.

Lastly, chill out. You root for the 3 time national champion, stop playing the victim.

Your road to this game is paved with one top 10 victory at home. We've gone 3-0 vs. top 10 in the playoffs, 2 of those on the road.

Your team deserves respect, so does ours.
Who is playing the victim, I am mocking the stupidity of those fans of SHSU. It's funny to me how this year the SHSU fans are using an approach of caution for the most part. Only took them three years to figure out that they are not qualified to give opinion on what NDSU is and is not capable of.

BNATION
December 19th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Good lord, who cares about transfers. We get it NDSU only allows spartans raised from an early age with the Bison ethos.xbowx Please give me a break. Two great schools, in a great game, in a great division of football. Good luck and hope all the kids finish the game healthy.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Good lord, who cares about transfers. We get it NDSU only allows spartans raised from an early age with the Bison ethos.xbowx Please give me a break. Two great schools, in a great game, in a great division of football. Good luck and hope all the kids finish the game healthy.

Just have to treat Sam as a FBS game, only this one is at home :)

BNATION
December 19th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Just have to treat Sam as a FBS game, only this one is at home :)

xhighfivex win win

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Huntsville Item's piece this morning...

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/bearkats-ready-for-showdown-with-north-dakota-state/article_ae1b4240-8723-11e4-87a6-2767fec7bff1.html

LuckyKat
December 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Its been a great Run for you Guys, your the bench mark FCS Program,
But....It ENDS tonight!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Its been a great Run for you Guys, your the bench mark FCS Program,
But....It ENDS tonight!!!!

I can agree that this will be the last game of the season that is played in the Fargodome.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I can agree that this will be the last game of the season that is played in the Fargodome.

The next NDSU game will be on ESPN not 3

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2014, 10:11 AM
The next NDSU game will be on ESPN not 3

NDSU's next three games:

ESPN2 Tonight
ESPN2 (Frisco, Hopefully)
ESPN @ Montana.

Not bad.

One last thing about tonight's game. The Fargodome noise always has more of a factor the first time a school comes into it, so I expect that noise to actually have a part tonight. Hence why SDSU and Coastal had much better showings this year (Especially Coastal, their players stated they prepared for it much more this year).

LET'S GO BISON!!!

BNATION
December 19th, 2014, 10:13 AM
NDSU's next three games:

ESPN2 Tonight
ESPN @ Montana.

Not bad.

One last thing about tonight's game. The Fargodome noise always has more of a factor the first time a school comes into it, so I expect that noise to actually have a part tonight. Hence why SDSU and Coastal had much better showings this year (Especially Coastal, their players stated they prepared for it much more this year).

LET'S GO BISON!!!

ESPN 2 tonight
ESPN 2 Frisco
ESPN @ Texas Tech Sept. 5th

veinup
December 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
The Huntsville Item is a pretty cool name for a newspaper. Also pretty cool how much ESPN exposure NDSU is getting! Hoping for a good game tonight, cant wait.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2014, 10:29 AM
NDSU's next three games:

ESPN2 Tonight
ESPN @ Montana.

Not bad.

LET'S GO BISON!!!

20367..........KEELER'S....BEEN INSIDE B/4.....WILL USE SILENT COUNTS......NOT DUH 1ST TIME.....INSIDE YER IGLOO...FO' 'KATS....HOWEVERAH....DUH WHITE NOISE...IS SURE TA CAUSE.....SOME PENALTIES....JES' HOPE DEY HAPPEN ON NO GAIN PLAYS........xcoolx...BRAWK!

Bisonator
December 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
20367..........KEELER'S....BEEN INSIDE B/4.....WILL USE SILENT COUNTS......NOT DUH 1ST TIME.....INSIDE YER IGLOO...FO' 'KATS....HOWEVERAH....DUH WHITE NOISE...IS SURE TA CAUSE.....SOME PENALTIES....JES' HOPE DEY HAPPEN ON NO GAIN PLAYS........xcoolx...BRAWK!

Really? How many of their players have played here before?? ZERO!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM
ESPN 2 tonight
ESPN 2 Frisco
ESPN @ Texas Tech Sept. 5th

Yes, I agree highlights from the Semifinal game will appear on ESPN2 during the national championship game. That is how you will be on television that day.

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
A lot of these guys have played at Death Valley & Kyle Field.

But noise will always be a factor regardless of experience...otherwise NFL linemen would never be bothered by crowd noise. Will definitely be an issue tonight but it's not something our guys have never dealt with.

deez_na
December 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Can't wait to get out of work and head down to Fargo. Gonna be a great game. Looking forward to some noise. Go Bison!

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Really? How many of their players have played here before?? ZERO!

20368.....YA DON'T THINK....KEELER'S....BEEN PLAYIN' AC/DC.....THRU SAMMYS'S STADIUM I-POD??????....xcoolx...AWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Gosh, I wonder how KC Keeler has ever lost a game. He is so awesome he should have won every national championship with an undefeated record.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
20368.....YA DON'T THINK....KEELER'S....BEEN PLAYIN' AC/DC.....THRU SAMMYS'S STADIUM I-POD??????....xcoolx...AWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

Yeah that's definitely the same....xlolx

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Has Keeler ever played NDSU? I can prob look it up but I'm lazy today...company Christmas party last night & I'm sluggish.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I thought these kids were all brand new? How do they know what Kyle Field is like? Didn't they get creamed at Death Valley?