PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Speculation, T-6 Days

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2006, 11:20 PM
All the folks that are in; what might happen; and the odds on teams making the field.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

YoUDeeMan
November 13th, 2006, 11:36 PM
All the folks that are in; what might happen; and the odds on teams making the field.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

UCD is listed as 10-1. They are 10-0.

Torero Tradition
November 13th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Hey Delaware State fan :), it's actually USD... University of San Diego is 10-0.

YoUDeeMan
November 13th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Hey Delaware State fan :), it's actually USD... University of San Diego is 10-0.

Damn typos. Also was thinking that USD will be 10-1 after playing UCD. xlolx

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Incorrect info on the SLC...

If McN and SHSU lose while SFA wins...

McN would go based on the fact they own wins over SFA and SHSU...

Tiebreaker first is head to head. A 2-0 head to head record is possible. McN losses would be TXST and NICH...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks, these are now fixed.

Some JMU fans are saying that they think they might be out if they go into the playoffs losing to both Villanova and Towson. I know normally the playoff committee doesn't look favorably on getting to the playoffs on a 2-game losing streak, but I have them in due to a lack of qualified 7-D-I win teams (for example, how to not put JMU in over Delaware State?).

Agree?

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Again, good job LFN.

If both OVC leaders win, I can't see Eastern Illinoid or Tenn-Martin being left out given this year's landscape.

So... P4L sees...

A10
UNH
UMass
JMU

Big Sky
Montana
Portland St.

SoCon
Furman
ASU

Gateway
YSU
So. Ill.
Illinois St.

Patriot
Lafayette/Lehigh

OVC
Tenn-Martin
E. Illinois

MEAC
Hampton

Southland
McNeese

Coastal Carolina

th0m
November 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Good write-up LFN. I agree on pretty much all points. Last week is gonna be very interesting for a lot of teams, and probably headache for the committee ;)

BillLuc1982
November 14th, 2006, 11:07 AM
How will Delaware State's games against Concord (WV) and St. Francis (PA) affect their playoff chances? Will they still get in at 9-2? How about at 8-3? Or will a Portland State get picked before an 8-3 Delaware State?

89Hen
November 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Will they still get in at 9-2? How about at 8-3? Or will a Portland State get picked before an 8-3 Delaware State?
9-2 good chance, 8-3 no chance :twocents:

BDKJMU
November 14th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks, these are now fixed.

Some JMU fans are saying that they think they might be out if they go into the playoffs losing to both Villanova and Towson. I know normally the playoff committee doesn't look favorably on getting to the playoffs on a 2-game losing streak, but I have them in due to a lack of qualified 7-D-I win teams (for example, how to not put JMU in over Delaware State?).

Agree?

Yeah, esp after JMU throttled Del State 65-7 last yr.

This message string is kind of a duplicate of "Post Your Predicted Playoff Bracket". Maybe the 2 could be combined?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Sort of, but I'm not attempting to pick the field, I'm only trying to pick "who's in, and who's not".

BillLuc1982
November 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM
LFN your signature reads the events in reverse chronological order