PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 2015 Schedule

jmrepak
December 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM
As our rival I have no choice but to have nothing but disdain for the Flames. However, I try to give props where they are due and as a Big South member I like their schedule. I think it is really strong for an 11-game year. The only weak OOC game is Delaware State. They also have 2 FBS games plus Montana and JMU. Nice job. I hope ours is similar.

Sept. 5, Delaware State
Sept. 12, at West Virginia
Sept. 19, Montana
Sept. 26, James Madison
Oct. 3, at Georgia State
Oct. 10, at Gardner-Webb*
Oct. 17, at Monmouth*
Oct. 24, Kennesaw State*
Nov. 7, Presbyterian*
Nov. 14 at Charleston Southern*
Nov. 21, Coastal Carolina*
* - Big South Conference game

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=784795

NY Crusader 2010
December 8th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Great schedule for Liberty. The Big South is turning into a beast -- nice to see them up to seven members with Kennessaw State coming in.

bjtheflamesfan
December 8th, 2014, 10:54 PM
DSU makes sense. with that 3 week gauntlet of West Virginia, Montana and JMU, getting off to a good start is paramount, and I think a 2 or 3 TD win at home will be a nice boost

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2014, 11:00 PM
That's a brutal schedule. In fact, I nominate Liberty for the toughest OOC in FCS show far. Georgia State actually showed SOME life and Gardner-Webb has been pretty competitive.

WVU, Montana, JMU all in a row :p have fun....

Go...gate
December 8th, 2014, 11:02 PM
That is a great schedule!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2014, 11:07 PM
That is a great schedule!

I'll be interested to see where Liberty ends up with that schedule. While it's a sexy looking schedule I'm not sure it's a "smart" one. At the end of the day Liberty has to win those games or they could be in for a rough season. WVU, imo, is a certain loss and going 2-0 against Montana and JMU will be a tall order. Especially after beating the Dukes in the playoffs. I know that sounds weird but JMU returns a lot and Liberty loses a lot iirc....

RabidRabbit
December 8th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Is Kennesaw St going to be a counter next year? Or are they like in that first year move up don't count for anything?

Other than that conference game vs KSU, I'd say that Flames schedule is toughbut could still be 7-4 and possibly make the play-offs if don't win Big South Auto-bid. The GA St game is a winnable FBS (really need to, actually) and they'll need to at least split on the Montana/JMU games.

JSUBison
December 9th, 2014, 12:19 AM
They should be a counter, they been DI since 2006. They're just adding football, like ODU did. At least I think that's how it is. I'm wondering about Charleston Southern's schedule for next year, it's not listed on their website. Any ideas if they are correcting their horrible OOC scheduling, or are they content on practically eliminating themselves from playoff discussion before the season kicks off again?

rokamortis
December 9th, 2014, 03:04 AM
They should be a counter, they been DI since 2006. They're just adding football, like ODU did. At least I think that's how it is. I'm wondering about Charleston Southern's schedule for next year, it's not listed on their website. Any ideas if they are correcting their horrible OOC scheduling, or are they content on practically eliminating themselves from playoff discussion before the season kicks off again?

I am sure you are correct - think of Mercer. They aren't transitional teams but rather startup teams that have been DI so they'll count right away.

Not sure about CSU, but I'd bet we'll see at least 2 money games. I wouldn't be surprised to see only one sub-DI as try to they transition to none.

bonarae
December 9th, 2014, 04:28 AM
One of the toughest schedules released to date in the FCS for next year.

rokamortis
December 9th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Have to give respect to Liberty - nice schedule. Glad to see no sub-DI games. I wonder if they'll continue to schedule a tough money game and then a winnable FBS.

JMU and Montana are great OOC and DSU rounds it out nicely. If the Big South can maintain its level next year then the Flames will have one of the tougher FCS schedules.

knucklehead
December 9th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I believe tbe stated goal of LU's AD going forward is no D2, 1 high level FBS, and 1 lower level FBS. I love this schedule. It's a great step forward. But it will be a huge test as well. The Montana game has been scheduled for several years as a return trip. WVU was also scheduled a while back. The JMU game has been ppd several times by JMU and is finally happening. The crowds for Montana, JMU, and CCU at The Bill should be huge.

I believe the return starter #s for Liberty are like 5 on defense and 7 on Offense. There is plenty of talent in the wings and more incoming. And the offense will be senior heavy and stacked. Des Rice will be back as well. Some significant holes to be filled on defense with Davis, Hagen, and Sigmon all graduating. Willl miss Hanson, Ray, Henderson, and Herman on Offense as well.

I think I Heard CSU has Bama next year.

Thanks for the kind words.

Libertine
December 9th, 2014, 12:29 PM
CSU does indeed have Bama on 11/21/15. As of now, that is Chuck's only known FBS game.