http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs/

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Chatty @ UNH 8 EST Friday ESPN2
CCU @ NDSU 12 EST Saturday ESPN
SHSU @ Nova 1 EST Saturday ESPN3
Ill. St. @ EWU 4 EST Saturday ESPN3

Wow, CCU @ NDSU on the mothership. That's awesome! It will be nice to be able to DVR some games on the actual TV as well. Wish EWU's was on one of the actual station channels.

UNHWildcat18
December 6th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I'm pumped UNH got a quarterfinal on espn2. Thought they were gonna screw us even though we are the number one seed

melloware13
December 6th, 2014, 10:09 PM
I'm pumped UNH got a quarterfinal on espn2. Thought they were gonna screw us even though we are the number one seed

Well you did get one in 2010, I was there (as was Chip Kelly)xlmaox

hebmskebm
December 6th, 2014, 10:14 PM

It's nice to be conveniently close to Bristol xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Friday night game in NH! I like it!

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Great to be on ESPN. Bummer that I won't be able to attend or watch at that time.

dewey
December 6th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Chatty @ UNH 8 EST Friday ESPN2
CCU @ NDSU 12 EST Saturday ESPN
SHSU @ Nova 1 EST Saturday ESPN3
Ill. St. @ EWU 4 EST Saturday ESPN3

Saturday on the big channel is AWESOME! I am looking forward to seeing New Hampshire and Chattanooga on Friday night.

Dewey

tomq04
December 6th, 2014, 10:31 PM
great news for FCS as a whole.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2014, 10:38 PM
CCU at NDSU rematch from last year. Same time, Same Channel.... Hopefully same result.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

SIUSalukiFan
December 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM

It also helps to have the greatest FCS program in history, Chattanooga, as the opponent.

chattanoogamocs
December 6th, 2014, 11:38 PM
It also helps to have the greatest FCS program in history, Chattanooga, as the opponent.

Chattanooga would have finished 11th in the MVFC

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Surprised EWU/Illinois St didn't get the Friday night game. I would've thought that would be a pretty attractive matchup by FCS standards for ESPN.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Surprised EWU/Illinois St didn't get the Friday night game. I would've thought that would be a pretty attractive matchup by FCS standards for ESPN.

Lol

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Maybe the NCAA didn't want EWU to have Friday night game start at 5:00 local time to fit ESPN's schedule. I was pretty sure they would have as many NDSU games on regular TV with their brand name out there recently.

Mattymc727
December 7th, 2014, 12:06 AM
The Chatty/UNH game will be awesome. Great kickoff to the weekend

chattownmocs
December 7th, 2014, 12:07 AM
They aren't going to put 4-5 on ESPN over a number 1 from the northeast.

chattownmocs
December 7th, 2014, 12:08 AM
The Chatty/UNH game will be awesome. Great kickoff to the weekend

Do you not know how to spell Chattanooga?

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2014, 12:09 AM

Is it spelled chattown?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2014, 12:11 AM
How friggin' hard is it? Fri 8PM, Sat. 12PM, 4:15, 8PM. ESPN2, ESPN, ESPNews, ESPNews.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2014, 12:12 AM
They aren't going to put 4-5 on ESPN over a number 1 from the northeast.
They couldn't care less about what the seeds are, they care about who will draw the most TV sets to their air waves. I tend to agree though that having Durham just a short drive from Bristol probably had an effect on their decision.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I'm just very glad not to have to **** with my Xbox and ESPN3 for a weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

They couldn't care less about what the seeds are, they care about who will draw the most TV sets to their air waves. I tend to agree though that having Durham just a short drive from Bristol probably had an effect on their decision.

Don't kid yourself, it's only because of Chatty.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Chattanooga would have finished 11th in the MVFC

I don't think they would have finished that high!!

chattownmocs
December 7th, 2014, 12:27 AM

Having the number 1 team draws more viewers.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Do you really think the average college football fan looking to get a weekly fix of gridiron action really cares if the #1 seed or the #4 seed is hosting the game? They probably can't name the mascots for more than 3 teams in the quarterfinals.

chattanoogamocs
December 7th, 2014, 12:54 AM
I don't think they would have finished that high!!
you're probably right...more like 15th...sorry, I am a homer for Chattanooga, that is the only reason why I said 11th.

Mattymc727
December 7th, 2014, 01:01 AM

OH GOONDESS!!! Maybe I don't! oh shoot. I meant no disrespect (SP?). God forbid I insult the best team in the country. Chattownmocs, will you forgive my poor soul?

citdog
December 7th, 2014, 01:07 AM
For the Mocs! NEVER FORGET!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmO-WfEkk4

The WHOLE Southern is with you!

It's going to be like Second Manassas ALL OVER AGAIN!

chattanoogamocs
December 7th, 2014, 01:30 AM

I saw old crow medicine show last week with marty stuart as an opener...during encore both bands came out and played "the night the drove ole dixie down" and a haunting version of "I wish I was in Dixie"...gave me a chill, great show.

chattownmocs
December 7th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Do you really think the average college football fan looking to get a weekly fix of gridiron action really cares if the #1 seed or the #4 seed is hosting the game? They probably can't name the mascots for more than 3 teams in the quarterfinals.

I think the average fan is more likely to watch a game that they have no knowledge of if the game features a number 1. Its really,really simple

Tribe4SF
December 7th, 2014, 07:28 AM

This one's North of the MD line, so probably more like Gettysburg.

marenlee
December 7th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I think the average fan is more likely to watch a game that they have no knowledge of if the game features a number 1. Its really,really simple

2012 playoffs. NDSU #1 seed did not play on ESPN2 or ESPN for the quarterfinals.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I'm hoping that they didn't choose the ISU/EWU game because of the hideous red turf.

X-Factor
December 7th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Have you ever seen their hideous red turf? That has got to be an auto disqualifier

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2014, 08:08 AM

20264.......DING!...DING!...DING!.............xbow x.....AWK!

PS........KC IS LOOSE...AN' RUNNIN' AMUK......WHAA HARKER.....WHAA......xconfusedxxcoolxxcoolxxcoolxx coolxxcoolxxcoolxxcoolxxconfusedx.....BROCK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER...HAL

catamount man
December 7th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Kudos to ESPN and the entire ESPN network for these choices. I have enjoyed watching as much FCS football on ESPN Gameplan all year long. Guys, they don't hate FCS. If more of the nation wanted to see us, they'd be wall to wall FCS. I stand by my reasoning for FBS to have started a playoff system is because of the success that FCS, D2, D3 and even the NAIA have at crowning a national champion. They won't admit it, but that is definitely the reason FBS has a playoff now.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 7th, 2014, 08:45 AM
It's nice to be conveniently close to Bristol xthumbsupx

Believe me, ESPN would rather go anywhere but The Dungeon! xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Well you did get one in 2010, I was there (as was Chip Kelly)xlmaox

yea, but about 12,000 didn't show for that game...

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 09:33 AM
For whatever it is worth, ESPN will also carry both Division III semifinal playoff games on ESPNU, and both Division II semifinal playoff games on ESPN3. (That's backwards if you ask me, but I think it is attributable to the higher visibility of Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mount Union in Division III, which itself is due to the high competitive imbalance in Division III where the same 2-3 teams are dominant year after year after year. Thankfully Division I-AA/FCS and Division II are much more competitive in general, in addition to offering a higher quality of play.)

P.S. NAIA had its semifinals yesterday and has a bye week prior to its title game.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
which itself is due to the high competitive imbalance in Division III where the same 2-3 teams are dominant year after year after year. Thankfully Division I-AA/FCS and Division II are much more competitive in general,

having the same team win the championship year after year after year certainly does suck

Green1
December 7th, 2014, 10:26 AM
having the same team win the championship year after year after year certainly does suck

It's pretty awesome, in my opinion! :)

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 10:31 AM

I don't think having one team make an excellent, multi-season run is a problem; that happens from time to time in most sports, including major league pro sports. The problem in Division III is that a small number of teams have a disproportionate number of the championship game and semifinal appearances; there are multiple teams are clearly are much better than everyone else year after year. This year, most people would have said Wisconsin-Whitewater, Mount Union, and Wesley would make the semifinals, and they all did (though both W-W and MU had close quarterfinal games against teams not far below them in quality). Those three teams are perennial semifinalists, and the first two are perennial finalists. THAT'S the problem.

The other, related problem in Division III that isn't true in Division I-AA/FCS or Division II is that a high number of the playoff games are blowouts. The gap between the 3-5 truly elite Division III programs and the run-of-the-mill excellent programs or "normal" programs having outstanding seasons (i.e. undefeated or one-loss regular seasons) is stark. Just last week in the Division III playoffs round of 16, Mount Union beat Washington & Jefferson 67-0, and Wesley beat MIT 59-0. W&J was 10-1 entering their game, and MIT was undefeated entering theirs, so they were very good teams but they were no match for the truly top level teams in the classification. How often do you see playoff blowouts like that in Division I-AA/FCS or Division II, or for that matter Division I-A/FBS or the NFL? Sure, blowouts happen occasionally at those levels, but A) they are less or much less frequent and B) the blowouts usually aren't as big of blowouts. The relatively high number of playoff blowouts in Division III tells you that the quality of play in Division III isn't very high, except among a very small number of teams. That's a big part of the reason I only pay cursory attention to Division III; the quality of play is noticeably lower than in higher classifications. And that's why I'm a little annoyed that ESPN would give more visibility to Division III playoff games than Division II (and to some degree Division I-AA/FCS) playoff games.

catamount man
December 7th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I don't think having one team make an excellent, multi-season run is a problem; that happens from time to time in most sports, including major league pro sports. The problem in Division III is that a small number of teams have a disproportionate number of the championship game and semifinal appearances; there are multiple teams are clearly are much better than everyone else year after year. This year, most people would have said Wisconsin-Whitewater, Mount Union, and Wesley would make the semifinals, and they all did (though both W-W and MU had close quarterfinal games against teams not far below them in quality). Those three teams are perennial semifinalists, and the first two are perennial finalists. THAT'S the problem.

The other, related problem in Division III that isn't true in Division I-AA/FCS or Division II is that a high number of the playoff games are blowouts. The gap between the 3-5 truly elite Division III programs and the run-of-the-mill excellent programs or "normal" programs having outstanding seasons (i.e. undefeated or one-loss regular seasons) is stark. Just last week in the Division III playoffs round of 16, Mount Union beat Washington & Jefferson 67-0, and Wesley beat MIT 59-0. W&J was 10-1 entering their game, and MIT was undefeated entering theirs, so they were very good teams but they were no match for the truly top level teams in the classification. How often do you see playoff blowouts like that in Division I-AA/FCS or Division II, or for that matter Division I-A/FBS or the NFL? Sure, blowouts happen occasionally at those levels, but A) they are less or much less frequent and B) the blowouts usually aren't as big of blowouts. The relatively high number of playoff blowouts in Division III tells you that the quality of play in Division III isn't very high, except among a very small number of teams. That's a big part of the reason I only pay cursory attention to Division III; the quality of play is noticeably lower than in higher classifications.

What is it about the very top of DIII in that it is always head and shoulders above the rest? D3 gives no schollies, so how does Mt Union and UW-Whitewater always dominate?

gumby013
December 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM
What is it about the very top of DIII in that it is always head and shoulders above the rest? D3 gives no schollies, so how does Mt Union and UW-Whitewater always dominate?

No in-state FCS or DII programs to compete for recruits, at least for Whitewater.

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM
What is it about the very top of DIII in that it is always head and shoulders above the rest? D3 gives no schollies, so how do Mt Union and UW-Whitewater always dominate?

I'm really not sure to be honest.

I should note my comments aren't meant to be critical of Wisconsin-Whitewater or Mount Union or Wesley; they've earned the success they've had.

LeeshaJo
December 7th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Have you ever seen their hideous red turf? That has got to be an auto disqualifier

I don't think they were worried about the turf color, just the thought of having to their cameras to focus in on all the red unis and not lose them in the field would have been a nightmare for production... Kidding, but as a photog, not kidding.

kalm
December 7th, 2014, 03:51 PM

I saw it just yesterday. Still stunningly gorgeous!

Twentysix
December 7th, 2014, 04:01 PM

It's been pretty good IMO. Stability is good for the FCS ;).

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM

Transfers

ZableNoise
December 7th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I may be alone on this but I'd much rather have a game on ESPN3 than on ESPNews or ESPNU. If you only have basic cable (like me) you can't get the games that are on ESPNU or ESPNews but the ESPN3 games are always available online.

Cleets
December 7th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I saw it just yesterday. Still stunningly gorgeous!

Kalm... You crack me up dude

xlolx

KPSUL
December 7th, 2014, 05:59 PM

No idea; however, it won't be relevant after this Saturday night!

KPSUL
December 7th, 2014, 06:04 PM

The Wildcats will roll through Chatanooga's D like the Union Army did in Tennessee.

citdog
December 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The Wildcats will roll through Chatanooga's D like the Union Army did in Tennessee.

Will you be having 60 players on the field to our 11? That is the kind of advantage y'all needed the first time .....

Walkon79
December 7th, 2014, 06:20 PM
great news for FCS as a whole.

Not sure I agree! They should ALL be on either ESPN, the U or 2. I still don't like the ESPN deal for the FCS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I may be alone on this but I'd much rather have a game on ESPN3 than on ESPNews or ESPNU. If you only have basic cable (like me) you can't get the games that are on ESPNU or ESPNews but the ESPN3 games are always available online.

I think the ESPNU and ESPNews games are also available on ESPN3 and WatchESPN.

dudeitsaid
December 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM

Better than the puke green and yellow of the Bison uniform. But to each their own. BTW, are you guys aloud to wear green on your field, or is that considered an unfair advantage as you camo into the field?

I thought the decision to put in a red field was crazy at first, but I fricken love it now. To each their own. But I don't understand why the wannabe green fields are better than our red one. Why does fake grass have to be green?

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Better than the puke green and yellow of the Bison uniform. But to each their own. BTW, are you guys aloud to wear green on your field, or is that considered an unfair advantage as you camo into the field?

I thought the decision to put in a red field was crazy at first, but I fricken love it now. To each their own. But I don't understand why the wannabe green fields are better than our red one. Why does fake grass have to be green?

Because we don't live on Vulcan. :D

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2014, 09:05 PM
The red turf isn't bad in person, but it's awful on TV.

marenlee
December 7th, 2014, 09:12 PM
The red turf isn't bad in person, but it's awful on TV.

I thought it was "neat" when I first saw it. But then I tried watching an EWU for more than 5 minutes and my head starting hurting. I'm not joking.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Nobody outside of their fan base thinks it looks good.

Meth will do that to you.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Because we don't live on Vulcan. :D

This

stevdock
December 8th, 2014, 04:16 AM

Unless your internet provider doesn't offer ESPN3 then you are screwed both ways.