North Dakota State - 18,113 - 96.9%
Eastern Washington - 7919 - 92.1%
New Hampshire - 4021 - 67.0%
Coastal Carolina - 5601 - 60.8%
Jacksonville State - 10,832 - 45.1%
Illinois State - 5575 - 41.6%
Chattanooga - 8419 - 40.7%
Villanova - 3113 - 24.9%

Why would you go by percentage of capacity when none of them were at 100?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Why would you go by percentage of capacity when none of them were at 100?

Maybe to give some perspective between 7900 and 18k since they're both 90+ but one is double?

Sent directly from my mind.

Texas
December 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM
No way JSU had that many

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2014, 10:15 AM
And no way did Nova have that many. Lets stop the farce of announcing ticket sales as attendance!!! Thats not attendance, thats ticket sales. Maybe announce both?

JayJ79
December 8th, 2014, 01:18 PM
And no way did Nova have that many. Lets stop the farce of announcing ticket sales as attendance!!! Thats not attendance, thats ticket sales. Maybe announce both?

I think they should announce both.
And also be more transparent with the entire playoff process.
At the end of the year (March/April-ish, perhaps), the NCAA should publish a report that details:
- what each prospective host school bid for each round
- how much revenue each actual host school brought in for each game (as well as their expenses)
- how much the NCAA's "take" from each game's revenue amounted to be
- what the NCAA spent on travel for each road team for each game
- whatever other expenses/revenues from the playoff system

It would let people see what the difference in expenses is for "bus" games vs. airfare games.

tomq04
December 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ewu didn't make sense either. Sold 8600 tickets and had a full student section, should have hit > 9000.

During the regular season the students tickets count toward attendance, but since they are free perhaps they don't in the playoffs?

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Ewu didn't make sense either. Sold 8600 tickets and had a full student section, should have hit > 9000.

During the regular season the students tickets count toward attendance, but since they are free perhaps they don't in the playoffs?

Did they count people who actually made it into the stadium or tickets sold? I saw quite a few empties on TV...

jmrepak
December 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM

The students aren't free for the playoffs. Many schools, Coastal among them, elect to pay for their students' tickets, but they aren't free.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2014, 03:40 PM
See the above underscore all I have been complaining about. There is no standard and everything is all over the place. Ticket sales (Lafayette) vs actual ticket scans at game (UNH) to free tickets (counted or uncounted). Lets say whoever gets INTO the stadium (not drunk in a parking lot) is counted. Thats a fair standard. And hopefully dispenses with all the bull****.

CHIP72
December 8th, 2014, 04:02 PM
See the above underscore all I have been complaining about. There is no standard and everything is all over the place. Ticket sales (Lafayette) vs actual ticket scans at game (UNH) to free tickets (counted or uncounted). Lets say whoever gets INTO the stadium (not drunk in a parking lot) is counted. Thats a fair standard. And hopefully dispenses with all the bull****.

I blame Bud Selig and MLB's change in attendance counting policy in the mid-1990s for the confusion. Many other sports have followed suit, but not every sport or team has.

On a more positive note, I am now dried out from attending Liberty/Villanova on Saturday. I'd much rather have the weather that occurred for Lafayette/Lehigh 150 on 11/22 (or for that matter for Harvard/Penn and Albany/Villanova on 11/15 when I attended both games; the weather that day was very similar to that for L-L 150 a week later) than the weather that occurred on the Main Line this past Saturday.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I blame Bud Selig and MLB's change in attendance counting policy in the mid-1990s for the confusion. Many other sports have followed suit, but not every sport or team has.

On a more positive note, I am now dried out from attending Liberty/Villanova on Saturday. I'd much rather have the weather that occurred for Lafayette/Lehigh 150 on 11/22 (or for that matter for Harvard/Penn and Albany/Villanova on 11/15 when I attended both games; the weather that day was very similar to that for L-L 150 a week later) than the weather that occurred on the Main Line this past Saturday.

Chip, what was the change? I say fire him!! Oh, he's departing anyway! Never mind!!

CHIP72
December 8th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Chip, what was the change? I say fire him!! Oh, he's departing anyway! Never mind!!

Around 1995 (i.e. shortly after the 1994 strike), MLB changed how it announced attendance at games from in-park attendance to tickets sold. This was done to make it appear the attendance was better than it actually was (because tickets sold is almost always a bigger number than in-park attendance).

God, I think Bud Selig was and is an absolute moron, and that opinion has nothing to do with how MLB announces attendance. The less said about Selig, the better, except when he's nominated for the Baseball Hall of Fame (when everything and the kitchen sink about the negative things he did for MLB should be said repeatedly).