PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals : Sam Houston St @ Nova

Pages : [1] 2

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Hello K.C. Keeler :)

melloware13
December 6th, 2014, 07:13 PM
xcoolx I hope it's on Saturday, I might try to go down and cheer for chaos.

TheEagleSHSU
December 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM
When will we know time and day of the game?

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM
As a Villanovan living in Houston, I will be on the lookout for all the Sam Houston St apparel in public that I can find this week and be looking for some face to face trash talk!

bluehenbillk
December 6th, 2014, 08:19 PM
KC just wins come playoff time.

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM
As a Villanovan living in Houston, I will be on the lookout for all the Sam Houston St apparel in public that I can find this week and be looking for some face to face trash talk!

You sneak past Liberty..at home...and you're looking to trash talk?

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 08:21 PM

He's joking.

melloware13
December 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Looks like tickets go on sale Monday at 10AM ET

HailSzczur
December 6th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hoping for a Saturday game, Friday is Reading Day at Nova and I have 2 papers due by midnight. Gonna be another huge sports weekend with a playoff game and hosting Temple on Sunday afternoon in basketball

CHIP72
December 6th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Hoping for a Saturday game, Friday is Reading Day at Nova and I have 2 papers due by midnight. Gonna be another huge sports weekend with a playoff game and hosting Temple on Sunday afternoon in basketball

Though it isn't Villanova, don't forgot the Eagles have a big home game next weekend too, just like this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEagleSHSU
December 6th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Looks like 1pm Saturday.

JSUBison
December 6th, 2014, 10:32 PM
There were several SHSU posters after that DII loss said give the team time, they had talent but had many issues to work out. Looks like they were right. I loved that last TD drive by Nova against Liberty. This could be the best game of the four next weekend.

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 10:47 PM

Chill out man hahaha

HailSzczur
December 6th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Though it isn't Villanova, don't forgot the Eagles have a big home game next weekend too, just like this weekend.

Pats fan haha, I don't care

CHIP72
December 6th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Pats fan haha, I don't care

BOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

smilo
December 7th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Ugh, gonna have to have my professor offer a make up final or move this in some way. Timing couldn't be worse.

HailSzczur
December 7th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Ugh, gonna have to have my professor offer a make up final or move this in some way. Timing couldn't be worse.

Wouldn't have this problem if you went to an Ivy. Maybe they're on to something xlolx

But in all honestly, its going to be pretty dead at the game sadly

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I know I won't there next Saturday. I went yesterday largely because I was going to Philadelphia anyway to attend the La Salle/Temple basketball game and the Liberty/Villanova playoff game fit very well into my schedule (though the rain sure didn't :(). On 12/13 however the only other events I'd have interest in attending that day are La Salle/Drexel (which is at the same time as Sam Houston State/Villanova, plus I just saw La Salle play and would want to spread the Big Five/City Six love) and Grizzlies/76ers (which would have been a standalone event for me to attend prior to the end of yesterday's Villanova playoff game). Additionally, I want to spend some quality time on a Saturday with my new girlfriend who I like a lot, and that takes priority to me :).

If nothing else, the weather for SHSU/Villanova should be better than it was yesterday, though attendance-wise that will be more than offset by the convenience of Liberty/Villanova occurring shortly after the St. Joe's/Villanova Holy War basketball game and the very strong turnout by the Liberty fans.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I know I won't there next Saturday. I went yesterday largely because I was going to Philadelphia anyway to attend the La Salle/Temple basketball game and the Liberty/Villanova playoff game fit very well into my schedule (though the rain sure didn't :(). On 12/13 however the only other events I'd have interest in attending that day are La Salle/Drexel (which is at the same time as Sam Houston State/Villanova, plus I just saw La Salle play and would want to spread the Big Five/City Six love) and Grizzlies/76ers (which would have been a standalone event for me to attend prior to the end of yesterday's Villanova playoff game). Additionally, I want to spend some quality time on a Saturday with my new girlfriend who I like a lot, and that takes priority to me :).

If nothing else, the weather for SHSU/Villanova should be better than it was yesterday, though attendance-wise that will be more than offset by the convenience of Liberty/Villanova occurring shortly after the St. Joe's/Villanova Holy War basketball game and the very strong turnout by the Liberty fans.

20267....HEY...SACK O' NUTS........DATE GAME....DOY!...xrolleyesx....COLD...AN' EXCUSE TA HUDDLE.......YA'S WOODN'T BE LONELY..........AS DELAWARE FANS SITTIN' ACROSS DUH WAY.......WILL HELP KC........RING TALLEY'S BELL.....xcoolx...DOODLE-DOO!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Mr.Chicken - the new girlfriend isn't a football fan, and at this point I still have some more work to do before she would probably be agreeable to going. Additionally, there's an event a friend of hers is holding she'd like me to attend (and I'd actually like to attend - I did say I really liked her :)).

I appreciate the ideas though. :)

Incidentally, I was under the impression Delaware fans didn't much care for K.C. Keeler, though I'm sure you and your fellow Blue Hens supporters still like him more than Villanova!

HailSzczur
December 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Mr.Chicken - the new girlfriend isn't a football fan, and at this point I still have some more work to do before she would probably be agreeable to going. Additionally, there's an event a friend of hers is holding she'd like me to attend (and I'd actually like to attend - I did say I really liked her :)).

Incidentally, I was under the impression Delaware fans didn't much care for K.C. Keeler, though I'm sure you and your fellow Blue Hens supporters still like him more than Villanova!

Deal Breaker right there

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Deal Breaker right there

She is a baseball fan and a tennis fan, so that's a mitigating factor, plus I figure I can get her interested in football if I work on her a bit. :)

citdog
December 7th, 2014, 09:49 AM
She is a baseball fan and a tennis fan, so that's a mitigating factor, plus I figure I can get her interested in football if I work on her a bit. :)

Dude I hope you at least got your ashes hauled at least a half a dozen times before you handed over your balls. Go and wake her ass up right now and say 4 words and nothing else. Bacon. Egg. Cheese. Sammi.

YoUDeeMan
December 7th, 2014, 09:55 AM

KC was well liked by most Hen fans...only a few small minded dopes didn't like KC Keeler.

KCK was a linebacker for UD on their only pre-FCS championship that was earned on the field, and the only UD coach with an FCS championship (also earned on the field).

Some clown GoHens poster named Henzone didn't get the red carpet treatment (because KC knows a small minded azz when he sees one), so he holds a grudge and still squawks like a chicken with his head cut off. A few other KC haters are simply loud dolts locked in their mother's basements crying for attention. xblahx

xdizzyx

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
KC was well liked by most Hen fans...only a few small minded dopes didn't like KC Keeler.

KCK was a linebacker for UD on their only pre-FCS championship that was earned on the field, and the only UD coach with an FCS championship (also earned on the field).

Some clown GoHens poster named Henzone didn't get the red carpet treatment (because KC knows a small minded azz when he sees one), so he holds a grudge and still squawks like a chicken with his head cut off. A few other KC haters are simply loud dolts locked in their mother's basements crying for attention. xblahx

xdizzyx

Cluck, you going to the game? How about that Sammy on Gohens telling us that KC is not only loading up the transfer bus but is actually coaching and made mid-season adjustments this year.... coach almost screwed up all that talent but credit him for letting his talent play the right way.....

katstrapper
December 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Dude I hope you at least got your ashes hauled at least a half a dozen times before you handed over your balls. Go and wake her ass up right now and say 4 words and nothing else. Bacon. Egg. Cheese. Sammi.

xlolxxlolx

Did he really say she was a baseball and tennis fan and that makes up for her not being a football fan? Two of the slowest games to sit and watch.. xeyebrowx Oh brother.

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
xlolxxlolx

Did he really say she was a baseball and tennis fan and that makes up for her not being a football fan? Two of the slowest games to sit and watch.. xeyebrowx Oh brother.

At least she isn't from Texas. xlolx;)

Tribe4SF
December 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Sorry, but it's time.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/man-card_zps782c8381.jpg

McNeese72
December 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM

No way, she could be from Texas. She is not a football fan!!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM

20275...OH DEAR.......DOESN'T LIKE PIGGY......HMMMMM!............DUMP DUH HUSSY.......11 'NOVA GAMES UH SEASON....AN' YOU'LL BE PICNICKIN'[email protected] GARDENS.......SHOPPIN' @...GRANITE RUN..........WATCHIN' LEAVES TURN......FROM UH HAUNTED INN......IN VERMONT....DERE'S NO FOOTBALL TEAM...IN VERMONT......xeekx....BRAWK!!!!

.....NOT MOST PECKERAH-HEADS.........HOWEVERAH.......ALL PECKERAHHEADS.....DISLIKE DOSE "V" HELMENTS.......BAWK!

McNeese75
December 7th, 2014, 12:36 PM

I'm thinking a 6'0" blonde blue-eyed russian tennis player :D

VUCats02
December 8th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Villanova vs Sam Houston St. and Eagles vs. Cowboys on the same weekend. A true battle of Pennsylvania vs. Texas.

Daytripper
December 8th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Each state walks out with a win.

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Villanova vs Sam Houston St. and Eagles vs. Cowboys on the same weekend. A true battle of Pennsylvania vs. Texas.

I hope to see both games in person.

CHIP72
December 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Each state walks out with a win.

In that scenario...I have to say sorry to the Wildcats and say E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

It should be noted SHSU is much closer to Houston than Dallas...and the Eagles did beat the Texans earlier this year (incidentally a game I attended). :)

Daytripper
December 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM
In that scenario...I have to say sorry to the Wildcats and say E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

It should be noted SHSU is much closer to Houston than Dallas...and the Eagles did beat the Texans earlier this year (incidentally a game I attended). :)

In Texas, you are either a Cowboys fan or a Texans fan. Former Houston Oiler fans are almost always Texans fans. Me? Go EAGLES!

VUCats02
December 8th, 2014, 02:39 PM

I was also at the Eagles Texans game. And I sadly have to agree too. Would 100 times trade a Nova loss for an Eagles win. NFL 100% takes priority. Being greedy though and hoping that Texas does not come away with a win at all!

Daytripper
December 8th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I was also at the Eagles Texans game. And I sadly have to agree too. Would 100 times trade a Nova loss for an Eagles win. NFL 100% takes priority. Being greedy though and hoping that Texas does not come away with a win at all!

Difference between you and me, brother. Give me a Bearkat win, and the Texans can lose. Now, I know the Texans have no shot at a playoff run. If they were legit SB contenders, I might think differently, but probably not.

CHIP72
December 8th, 2014, 03:10 PM
After yesterday, I don't think the Eagles are legitimate Super Bowl contenders either, but I still would want an Eagles win over a Villanova win 100 times out of 100.

tomq04
December 8th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Sorry, but it's time.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r798/Tribe4SF/man-card_zps782c8381.jpg

LOL

Texas
December 8th, 2014, 03:33 PM
No way I would take a Dallas win over SHSU and I have loved the Cowboys since I was a kid.

Daytripper
December 8th, 2014, 03:35 PM
No way I would take a Dallas win over SHSU and I have loved the Cowboys since I was a kid.
xthumbsupx

ming01
December 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM

shes a new gf? Well then she should have less of prob of you going to the game. If not, then she's not a keeper. Just saying xtwocentsx

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2014, 04:19 PM

I hope she swallows and/or does anal.

CHIP72
December 8th, 2014, 04:20 PM
shes a new gf? Well then she should have less of prob of you going to the game. If not, then she's not a keeper. Just saying xtwocentsx

I hear you. Seriously, she had no problems with me attending Liberty/Villanova (and La Salle/Temple basketball) this past Saturday, and she probably wouldn't have major problems with me attending Sam Houston State/Villanova this coming Saturday. The bigger issue for me is that it would be a 250 mile round-trip, there are $16 of unavoidable tolls (and $8 of avoidable tolls) on the highways between DC and suburban Philadelphia. Additionally, my weekends since the beginning of November have included the following:

*Two pro sports events in Houston, including one over $100 for a ticket (11/1 - 11/2)
*Open weekend (she was out of town) (11/8 - 11/9)
*Three college sports events in Philadelphia (all on 11/15)
*One college sports/one pro sports event in New York that combined ticket-wise cost a total of over $150 (both on 11/22)
*Family visit and one minor league sports event in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area (11/29 - 11/30)
*Two college sports events in Philadelphia (both on 12/6)

ALL of those events were NOT in the DC area, so all had travel costs involved. (There was also an NHL game in the DC area that I attended on a Friday night in mid-November.) Additionally, I will be attending the Eagles/Redskins game on Saturday 12/20 (at least that game is in the DC area), and a Devils/Rangers hockey game in NYC on Saturday 12/27 (and possibly the Eagles/Giants game in north Jersey on Sunday 12/28) as part of a family holiday visit. I don't want to be traveling to (and spending not insignificant money on) games every weekend, so getting a break this weekend is a good thing (and that would be true regardless of my new girlfriend).

Daytripper
December 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
xconfusedx Dude....but yeah, I hear ya.

Texas
December 8th, 2014, 05:43 PM
no "/or" involved it has to be "and".

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2014, 05:50 PM
SHSU is on a roll. Can they do it again on the road against another tough team?

I wouldn't bet against them.

LetsGoNova
December 8th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I like that SHSU loves to run the ball, plays to our strength. Got to think we'll protect the ball better than last weekend absent the horrible weather conditions. Plus, Andy owns KC. :D

BearKatProud
December 8th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I like that SHSU loves to run the ball, plays to our strength.

jsu fans said the exact same thing, yet you're playing us this weekend.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2014, 10:16 PM
20283.....KC KNOWS HOW TA PLAY...NORFF-EAST WINTER PIGGY.....HIS X-FERS......FROM TEJAS A&M AN' DUH LIKE.......NOT EX-SLUGS..FROM RUTGERS/UCONN.....DELAWARE FANS ON SAMMY'S SIDE....WILL MAKE IT SOUND LIKE DUH LITTLE SKOOL ON DUH PRAIRIE.....'NOVA'S PASS DEFENSE.....AN' PSYCHO-KICKERS.....CONTRIBUTE....TA KEELER'S HAPPY HOLIDAY VISIT......WHIFF HIS PARENTS/FAMILY.....BEHIND S.H. BENCH..........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2014, 10:29 PM
20284....'NOVA'S...RUNNIN' OUTTAH ROPE.....BLUEHENS......TOOK 'EM TA DUH WIRE.....AN' LIBERTY JES' MISSED TOO...DOODLE-DOO!

smilo
December 8th, 2014, 11:29 PM
^I was quite critical of Villanova when they were ranked too high by pointing out every little flaw, but I have to defend them here. Delaware can be explained quite clearly - we lost both OLBs and wouldn't you know, immediately delaware becomes the first team to be able to run on us all year - much like the Ross Hall injury vs. Richmond threw off our entire offense in the 2nd half.

Liberty isn't as defendable, but despite the score, it should be a textbook example of just how good our defense is. Our run d is DOMINANT and that was our best pass d all season despite losing our safety on the first kickoff return. Two drives stopped with goal to go inside the 5 - business as usual. Gave up 2 TDs, the first off ridiculous field position 74 yd return to start the game. Our running game was equally unstoppable in the 2nd half where every play when 7 yards. The weather hurt us again much like Richmond - I know the both teams have to play in it, stop making excuses remark - but I'm not using that as an excuse for the performance - I just think it is important to note how poor we have played in that weather when the next game won't have that element.

You need a great passing game to beat Nova. From what I saw against UCA & SELA, this is not the reason for the late season turnaround. You've got to complete more than half your passes to be in this game.

I'm more confident going into this one than last week, but I won't take it lightly. I just think we're being way underrated.

fmrbearkat
December 9th, 2014, 12:45 AM
^I was quite critical of Villanova when they were ranked too high by pointing out every little flaw, but I have to defend them here. Delaware can be explained quite clearly - we lost both OLBs and wouldn't you know, immediately delaware becomes the first team to be able to run on us all year - much like the Ross Hall injury vs. Richmond threw off our entire offense in the 2nd half.

Liberty isn't as defendable, but despite the score, it should be a textbook example of just how good our defense is. Our run d is DOMINANT and that was our best pass d all season despite losing our safety on the first kickoff return. Two drives stopped with goal to go inside the 5 - business as usual. Gave up 2 TDs, the first off ridiculous field position 74 yd return to start the game. Our running game was equally unstoppable in the 2nd half where every play when 7 yards. The weather hurt us again much like Richmond - I know the both teams have to play in it, stop making excuses remark - but I'm not using that as an excuse for the performance - I just think it is important to note how poor we have played in that weather when the next game won't have that element.

You need a great passing game to beat Nova. From what I saw against UCA & SELA, this is not the reason for the late season turnaround. You've got to complete more than half your passes to be in this game.

I'm more confident going into this one than last week, but I won't take it lightly. I just think we're being way underrated.

I find a lot of this discussion kind of funny.

Last year has nothing to do with this year, but JSU did stomp McNeese at their place last year. Regardless of what SELA did to McNeese last season, SHSU did lose to them... but that really is not relevant this season.

JSU is significantly improved from 2013. The entire offense was back, and the defense was upgraded with some key FBS transfers. If there is a weak spot, it is the secondary... and the secondary has been dominant at times (and bend but don't break in others). The offense has 4 games with over 600 yards total offense, and the low water mark for total offense this season was over 400 yards. As for OVC weakness, we know what SEMO did with SELA. JSU played sloppy at SEMO, and the defense was lax against SEMO - and the offense put up over 600 yards and 49 points. We had already clinched the OVC title and autobid... the biggest knock on our defense is probably that they are prone to letting up when there is a big lead. The offense was scoring at will on SEMO, and the defense didn't play with intensity - but we were still up by 26 in the 4th quarter. In competitive games, the defense has been ferocious. I think Chatty fans could tell you a little about how our defense is capable of playing when the game is on the line.

Nobody from JSU is taking SHSU lightly, but we are kind of sick of being shrugged off as not being very good because we are in the OVC. We were a quarterfinal team last season, and gave EW all they wanted at their place. This JSU team would beat the EW team from last season. I don't really get what part of "having everyone back from last season's quarterfinal team" is so difficult to understand, especially in light of our being undefeated in FCS play, and ranked top 5 in total offense. Defensively, we had 4 games where we didn't give up an offensive TD. In another game we gave up an offensive TD in the 4th, with a 31-7 lead. The MVC fan rhetoric is to bash our schedule (Which ranks 166 according to Sagarin - harder than Nova's, UNH, or SELA's to name a few). We will find out Saturday if we are posers or not.

I will say this. SHSU held SELA to a little over 300 yards, even though SHSU was -3 in turnovers. They won't hold JSU to 300 yards, and if they are -3 in turnovers against us, we will beat them badly. Our defense is statistically the equal of SELA's (16 more yards per game), against a more difficult schedule (according to Sagarin 169 vs 190). The #1 ranking in 3rd down conversions is not an insignificant stat against run first teams, and teams are converting less than 1/4 of their 3rd downs against us. No team has stopped our offense. In closer games we have gone conservative and controlled the game defensively - and at times that has worried me. When EIU loaded the box and held us to under 200 yards rushing, we threw for almost 300.

In my opinion, we will have trouble being consistent on offense vs SHSU, but we will pop some big plays, and control the ball well enough to limit their opportunities. SHSU will have very little success against our defense. It will be close for a while, but we will pull away and win by 2 to 3 TD's.

...and if we beat SHSU, the MVFC fanboys will be razzing SHSU as weak and overrated, and Liberty or Nova will be the next team that is going to expose us.

Sounds all too familiar!! All-Everything PJ Hall and Adebo will take care of Robertson and force him to step up into massive Jacobi Hunter and Mr. Latu. Most likely Tristan Eche will spy for his scramble and there's not many LB's in the country that can run side line to sideline as fast as him. Robertson is good enough to make a few plays but if JJ plays like he did last week then it won't matter and we will curb stomp 'nova. If the other JJ shows up then it will be a down right battle. Our recievers will dominate your DBs. Two 4 star monsters in Brown and Edwards and a slot who catches everything will make your DBs beg for the game to be over. IF and that's a BIG GIANT SIZED "IF" good JJ shows up and can actually get them the ball. Otherwise yall stack the box and we pound it out and it will be a very close game and Robertson will probably do enough to get 'nova the W.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Key to the game for Nova is to rattle the young and talented Sammy State QB.....

Daytripper
December 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Key to the game for Nova is to rattle the young and talented Sammy State QB.....

I don't think they can bring anything he hasn't seen already. And he seems to have matured three years in the last 4 weeks.

VUCats02
December 9th, 2014, 11:55 AM
It's just culture. The northeast doesn't care whatsoever about college football. The NFL has such a powerful influence on people's day-to-day lives up there. Whenever the Eagles lose, I can't go on ESPN for at least 3-4 days. I have ****ty weeks. I get very angry all the time. However, when the Eagles are rolling, I'm rolling. For us, it's 100% college basketball and NFL. Down here in the south, completely opposite. That being said, I am an exception to some degree, and follow Nova football religiously too. I would definitely be upset if Nova lost this game.

Also, early line that came out was Nova -1.5. A little questionable to me - would have thought Vegas would have given the cats with a C more respect, but hopefully they can prove the country wrong that they are only 1.5 favorites at home. A more reasonable line would have been Nova -4 in my opinion. They would be undefeated right now had it not been for 2 questionably missed 25 yard kicks (one a FG and one an XP).

Gangtackle11
December 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM
SAM HOUSTON is weighing in with a rating of 78.2

VILLANOVA is weighing in with a rating of 72.6

According to the Born Power Index, SAM HOUSTON is projected to be 5.60000000000001 points stronger than VILLANOVA

Please keep in mind that this index is purely mathematical. The Spread calculator uses the current ratings to make the predictions. However, the Born Power Index tabbed the victor in 79.7 % of the 23794 games considered.

katstrapper
December 9th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Honestly, I haven't really seen him get rattled. He is pretty calm and cool in the pocket. The key to this game is if the JJ that played in JSU game last week shows up doing the same thing in this game . Although he didn't have a lot of yards passing, he was very efficient and completed a higher percentage then he had this season. JJ was really clicking with LaDarius Brown and Derek Edwards last week.

I know Nova's run defense is top 10 in FCS, but so was SE La and JSU run defense was top 15 and in the two playoff games they are averaging about 200yds a game. Kat O will pound, pound and pound some more. Then eventually they break some big ones.

Im ready for Saturday.

Sammy94
December 9th, 2014, 03:52 PM
so was SE La

So was McNeese

lionsrking2
December 9th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I haven't really seen him get rattled. He is pretty calm and cool in the pocket. The key to this game is if the JJ that played in JSU game last week shows up doing the same thing in this game . Although he didn't have a lot of yards passing, he was very efficient and completed a higher percentage then he had this season. JJ was really clicking with LaDarius Brown and Derek Edwards last week.

I know Nova's run defense is top 10 in FCS, but so was SE La and JSU run defense was top 15 and in the two playoff games they are averaging about 200yds a game. Kat O will pound, pound and pound some more. Then eventually they break some big ones.

Im ready for Saturday.

Not sure I would use our game as an example. We held you over 100 yards and over 2 ypc under your season average. Your only carries over 10 yards were QB scrambles. That said, I've watched Villanova a few times and should be a winnable game for the Bearkats if you can beat the trip and the weather.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
We also lost our #1 Sr RB on the opening kickoff but yes, I get your point. There's no denying SELA had a great defense this yr. So did McNeese. So did Jax St. Villanova will do on Saturday. Got to hit some big plays.

I'm betting there will be a few for both teams because it's a given our DB's will give up a couple deep balls EVERY game...DAMMIT!!

McNeese72
December 9th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I'm betting there will be a few for both teams because it's a given our DB's will give up a couple deep balls EVERY game...DAMMIT!!

That's the "put the DB's on an island and bring the house" defense for you. We have been known to play it, too. And we get burned a few times every game, too.

Doc

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 09:10 AM
That's the "put the DB's on an island and bring the house" defense for you. We have been known to play it, too. And we get burned a few times every game, too.

Doc

It works great if you can bust more big plays than the other team. Having a good D-line is the key for success in that type of scheme.

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Its gonna be a bloodbath....

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 09:17 AM
PJ Hall for heisman.

Nickels
December 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Keeler conference call -
http://www.southland.org/watch/?Archive=729

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Keeler conference call -
http://www.southland.org/watch/?Archive=729

Dude makes me want to run through a wall for him. As he said in the conference call, I think he learned a lot in his year off.

Texas
December 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Its gonna be a bloodbath....

Shut up, you haven't posted for nearly a year. I'm almost 100% sure you're not an actual SHSU fan.

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Shut up, you haven't posted for nearly a year. I'm almost 100% sure you're not an actual SHSU fan.

So you say. I was posting on this website when you were in diapers.... And most likely more of a SHSU fan than you can imagine.
Also, just cause your a KatFans Guy (which I'm sure you are), doesnt mean you are the only true fan.

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Dude makes me want to run through a wall for him. As he said in the conference call, I think he learned a lot in his year off.

Great, listened to it this morning.

Texas
December 10th, 2014, 05:31 PM
So you say. I was posting on this website when you were in diapers.... And most likely more of a SHSU fan than you can imagine.
Also, just cause your a KatFans Guy (which I'm sure you are), doesnt mean you are the only true fan.
Says the guy that only posts when we are in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2014, 06:48 PM
another day goes by and I still cant figure out who to pick in this game, A talented KC team with "southern speed" on a roll, or Nova and Talley who certainly would never be outcoached by KC,

I guess I'll have to check the forecast ..... cold rain and travel just might be Sammy's undoing

I think Nova is a bit overrated and I base that on how well a pedestrian Delaware team played them
It certainly wont be anything like that blowout all the CAA guys saw coming back in 2009 vs SFA..... A few of you Texas boys weren't ready for that, but don't worry, this Nova team is nothing like that one

hmmmmm, what to do haaha

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Says the guy that only posts when we are in the playoffs.

Kat Fans... Knew it. I'm glad you guys love our school and we need more good fans but the way you guys act on message boards and at games does not help. Did you go to the Jacksonville St. Game? I rest my point. There are different kinds of fans. I don't have all year to sit on message boards. I'm sure your job allows you that.

VUCats02
December 10th, 2014, 07:31 PM
another day goes by and I still cant figure out who to pick in this game, A talented KC team with "southern speed" on a roll, or Nova and Talley who certainly would never be outcoached by KC,

I guess I'll have to check the forecast ..... cold rain and travel just might be Sammy's undoing

I think Nova is a bit overrated and I base that on how well a pedestrian Delaware team played them
It certainly wont be anything like that blowout all the CAA guys saw coming back in 2009 vs SFA..... A few of you Texas boys weren't ready for that, but don't worry, this Nova team is nothing like that one

hmmmmm, what to do haaha

You and I both know talent gets thrown out of the equation in a good ol nova vs delaware matchup. Can't judge on that kind of game.

BNATION
December 10th, 2014, 07:38 PM
You and I both know talent gets thrown out of the equation in a good ol nova vs delaware matchup. Can't judge on that kind of game.
This will be a close game. I don't think they have the talent level of Jack St. Or SE LA, but vill. Quarterback makes great decisions with the ball and the defense is salty and well coached. Excited for the game.

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Villinova's Coach Andy Talley is our guest on The FCS Wedge this week.

Red & Black
December 10th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Got Nova in this one. Home team, and I don't think Sam will make enough big plays to beat a team as solid as this.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2014, 09:02 PM
This will be a close game. I don't think they have the talent level of Jack St. Or SE LA, but vill. Quarterback makes great decisions with the ball and the defense is salty and well coached. Excited for the game.

well I certainly don't know but that comment surely qualifies as a comment

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Just heard from our music director that there won't be a band Saturday. Only going to make it seem even more empty. Plus we'll be stuck listening to whatever crap they decide to blast through the PA system which seems to be a lot of country this season.

ming01
December 11th, 2014, 02:04 AM

hmmmmm, what to do haaha

Me too. No idea which way to go. Villanova hasnt been too impressive lately. I do think Liberty is better than people think though. SHSU has been playing well and just how good are they?

TheEagleSHSU
December 11th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Just heard from our music director that there won't be a band Saturday. Only going to make it seem even more empty. Plus we'll be stuck listening to whatever crap they decide to blast through the PA system which seems to be a lot of country this season.

SHSU is bringing a pep band or the entire band along with spirit programs. (Cheerleaders, dancers, etc)

VUCats02
December 11th, 2014, 07:52 AM
SHSU is bringing a pep band or the entire band along with spirit programs. (Cheerleaders, dancers, etc)

Nova students care too much about academics...

Finals time boys!

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Nova students care too much about academics...

Finals time boys!

This is my first semester out of my 7 that I will not be taking an exam on Saturday, worked out perfectly!

- - - Updated - - -

Current Field conditions

Htownbearkat
December 11th, 2014, 08:45 AM

So the visitors will have a band, but the home team wont.

alrighty then!

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 08:50 AM

alrighty then!

How's your band? Sometimes I prefer that actually. Like when Penn or Lehigh bring their band, its no real gain. Best was when we played Norfolk and they brought their band.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 08:51 AM

alrighty then!

Academics, you see. Has nothing to do with the fact that nobody in the student body gives a ***** about Villanova football....

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Academics, you see. Has nothing to do with the fact that nobody in the student body gives a ***** about Villanova football....

9:30, 11:30, 12:30 MWF classes all have exams, plus a lot classes with multiple sections so they can all take them together. Needless to say this covers a good portion of the student body. Got a 8:00, 10:45, 1:30, and 4:15 start times on them all

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 08:59 AM
9:30, 11:30, 12:30 MWF classes all have exams, plus a lot classes with multiple sections so they can all take them together. Needless to say this covers a good portion of the student body. Got a 8:00, 10:45, 1:30, and 4:15 start times on them all

Ouch! We southerners have our priorities a bit different. Not that we don't prioritize academics, but we schedule all academics around the possibility of football playoffs...or something like that. xconfusedx

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Ouch! We southerners have our priorities a bit different. Not that we don't prioritize academics, but we schedule all academics around the possibility of football playoffs...or something like that. xconfusedx

See, we schedule ours around basketball, or schedule basketball around exams.

Exams go Saturday and Mon-Fri. Have a home game Sunday vs Temple, and another the following Saturday vs Cuse

katstrapper
December 11th, 2014, 09:12 AM

alrighty then!

It wont be the full band, but apparently the university has chartered a second plane to take a portion of the band, cheerleaders and some alums to the game. Also after hearing Keelers media call on Tuesday, he will have a bunch of family and friends at the game so there may be a fair amount of orange in the stands...

kdinva
December 11th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I do hope Villanova students, parents, football fans in general show up.. It would be very embarrassing if Saturday's crowd was 50/50, what with the visitors traveling 1400+ miles......

I set the attendance over/under at 5,300.

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I do hope Villanova students, parents, football fans in general show up.. It would be very embarrassing if Saturday's crowd was 50/50, what with the visitors traveling 1400+ miles......

20293......EXPECT SOME BLUE 'N GOLD.....TA WELCOME KC HOME.....xcoolx.....BROCK!

bluehenbillk
December 11th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I'll take the under on a 5,300 number. Thinking 4K-4,500. Villanova has one of the most worthless bands anyway - less than 100 kids so you're not missing anything. Their basketball pep band is more impressive.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 09:46 AM

I don't see anyone taking the over on this one....

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'll take the under on a 5,300 number. Thinking 4K-4,500. Villanova has one of the most worthless bands anyway - less than 100 kids so you're not missing anything. Their basketball pep band is more impressive.

Basketball pep band cuts out alot of the dead weight. That and the fact that they've now been playing the music for a good 6 months by BE time. Also helps that there's an engaged student section there with them too.

Sammy94
December 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Current Field conditions
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20292&d=1418308714&thumb=1 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20292&d=1418308770)

Reminds me of good times in Montana and Washington a couple of Decembers ago. Weather at game time is suppose to be fantastic though.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2014, 10:07 AM

I don't think Nova can be embarrassed when it comes to fan attendance. It's just a given there will be little support. We're used to it. The Temple basketball game on Sunday will not have an empty seat in the building, and Nova is projected to win that game by 15-20 points.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Current Field conditions
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20292&d=1418308714&thumb=1 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20292&d=1418308770)

Reminds me of good times in Montana and Washington a couple of Decembers ago. Weather at game time is suppose to be fantastic though.

Wish there would be lots of snow for the game, but don't think there will be :/

BNATION
December 11th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Wish i could make the trip.

CHIP72
December 11th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Wish there would be lots of snow for the game, but don't think there will be :/

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be mid-40s on Saturday.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I think it is supposed to be mid-40s on Saturday.

Texas winter weather....LOOK OUT!

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2014, 03:26 PM

hit me up if you need some cash.... plenty ah Bizun fans did over the past 3 years...

VUCats02
December 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Texas winter weather....LOOK OUT!

Texas winter weather? Pu-leaze. Am experiencing my first December in Texas of my lifetime, where all of my previous Decembers have been in PA, and I can assure you it is a helluva lot colder in PA. This weather here in Texas right now is beach weather, not even exaggerating.

lionsrking2
December 11th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Texas winter weather? Pu-leaze. Am experiencing my first December in Texas of my lifetime, where all of my previous Decembers have been in PA, and I can assure you it is a helluva lot colder in PA. This weather here in Texas right now is beach weather, not even exaggerating.

You haven't been there long enough ... stick around, the weather will flip.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
You haven't been there long enough ... stick around, the weather will flip.

Truth xnodx

BNATION
December 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM
hit me up if you need some cash.... plenty ah Bizun fans did over the past 3 years...
Thanks Hen. Have a bachelor party, but will catch it on the tube.

BNATION
December 11th, 2014, 08:09 PM
If we got to Fargo I will pay to fly with team. That's for sure.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks Hen. Have a bachelor party, but will catch it on the tube.

un boy, enjoy your last football game......

Texas
December 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM

Thought you were the super fan?

tomq04
December 11th, 2014, 11:42 PM
I have a terrible feeling about having to cheer for SHSU.

Rjones61
December 12th, 2014, 05:32 AM
I have SHSU on my bracket this far, but I sure hope they lose. If EWU gets lucky enough to win out, they are the last team I want to face in Frisco. They put playoff kryptonite in their pads every time we play them, I'm sure of it! Throw in a little revenge motivation, and I fear it could get ugly for my team.

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2014, 11:41 AM
20298.....HERE'S UH........STORY/TALE/SAGA......ON KEELER/TALLEY...FROM OURAH LOCAL NEWSPAPER.....DIS AM........xrotatehx...BRAWK!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/spo ... /20254359/ (http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/2014/12/11/kc-keelers-new-team-faces-old-rival-friend/20254359/)

Daytripper
December 12th, 2014, 12:18 PM
After a rough start, Bearkat faithful have embraced Keeler. What turned a lot of people off in Delaware, like his brashness and confidence, are generally considered positive traits down here (See Art Briles). However this season turns out, the next few years will be interesting.

BNATION
December 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Thought you were the super fan?
Your a super tool.... Nobody likes you. Stick to KatFans.

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
From the Villanova Game Notes:

Villanova had scored at least 35 points in

every one of its wins this season prior to pulling out a 29-22 victory
over Liberty last week in the second round of the playoffs. Over the
last four years, the Wildcats are just 4-18 (.182) when scoring fewer
than 30 points.

Fortunately, I don't see us having any problem surpassing 30 this game.

TheEagleSHSU
December 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM

Good, because it's every point to beat the Kats!

Daytripper
December 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM

xrolleyesx

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Sounds all too familiar!! All-Everything PJ Hall and Adebo will take care of Robertson and force him to step up into massive Jacobi Hunter and Mr. Latu. Most likely Tristan Eche will spy for his scramble and there's not many LB's in the country that can run side line to sideline as fast as him. Robertson is good enough to make a few plays but if JJ plays like he did last week then it won't matter and we will curb stomp 'nova. If the other JJ shows up then it will be a down right battle. Our recievers will dominate your DBs. Two 4 star monsters in Brown and Edwards and a slot who catches everything will make your DBs beg for the game to be over. IF and that's a BIG GIANT SIZED "IF" good JJ shows up and can actually get them the ball. Otherwise yall stack the box and we pound it out and it will be a very close game and Robertson will probably do enough to get 'nova the W.

Way to set yourself up to claim you are right no matter what happens, and for a bonus never have to say anything about us.

If you win: your D got the better of Robertson and we were unprepared for JJ, just like you said!

If we win: Bad JJ came out, he's only a sophomore so to be expected but he's the real deal! No way Nova's defense is going to have anything to do with it though...

TheEagleSHSU
December 12th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Way to set yourself up to claim you are right no matter what happens, and for a bonus never have to say anything about us.

If you win: your D got the better of Robertson and we were unprepared for JJ, just like you said!

If we win: Bad JJ came out, he's only a sophomore so to be expected but he's the real deal! No way Nova's defense is going to have anything to do with it though...

This game is literally a toss up, Obviously whoever limits the mistakes wins. SHSU vs NOVA, K.C. vs Andy, HOT vs COLD, Speed vs Not as Speedy, we shall see!

Daytripper
December 12th, 2014, 04:07 PM

What I really think you fail to understand is that when we talk about "bad JJ" we really mean it. There have been games this year where, under no pressure at all, he would just throw the ball into the ground or sail it 15 years out of bounds. I'm talking BAD QB play. Of course that was early in the season and he has become much more consistent. But the potential for the Bad JJ to show up has Bearkat fan nervous. Thankfully, he hasn't shown up in the playoffs.

BNATION
December 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM
What I really think you fail to understand is that when we talk about "bad JJ" we really mean it. There have been games this year where, under no pressure at all, he would just throw the ball into the ground or sail it 15 years out of bounds. I'm talking BAD QB play. Of course that was early in the season and he has become much more consistent. But the potential for the Bad JJ to show up has Bearkat fan nervous. Thankfully, he hasn't shown up in the playoffs.
This is true. Pressure isn't an issue when this kid is off. Literally could show up and not hit the broad side of a barn.

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 04:30 PM

Fair enough, and I didn't realize he was so hot and cold, but I still think the original poster was making the game entirely about what you do and not bothering to analyze Nova at all. And when ppl do that pregame, they usually come back post game and don't recognize anything the other team did well/poorly, just as if their team played in a vacuum.

Texas
December 12th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Your a super tool.... Nobody likes you. Stick to KatFans.
Says the sunshine fan.

Gangtackle11
December 12th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I look forward to watching this game. It should be high scoring affair. SHSU is a tremendous obstacle for Villanova, but would you expect less at this point of the playoffs? Hoping Roberston's play is the difference!

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM
geez, this game only on espn3......

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2014, 11:16 PM
After a rough start, Bearkat faithful have embraced Keeler. What turned a lot of people off in Delaware, like his brashness and confidence, are generally considered positive traits down here (See Art Briles). However this season turns out, the next few years will be interesting.

KC Keeler was well liked at UD. Only a few loud clowns with little pointers didn't like him because KC knows a small minded person when he sees one.

Pards Rule
December 13th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Haha in Inquirer writeup of this game - if CCU beats NDSU, Nova could host the next playoff game if they win.

katstrapper
December 13th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Fair enough, and I didn't realize he was so hot and cold, but I still think the original poster was making the game entirely about what you do and not bothering to analyze Nova at all. And when ppl do that pregame, they usually come back post game and don't recognize anything the other team did well/poorly, just as if their team played in a vacuum.

Well I watched the Liberty/Nova game so I could have an idea what both teams would look like since the Kats would be playing one of them and here is what I gathered from the game....

*Villanova is a very well coached ball club. Not a lot of mistakes, proficient offense when rolling.

*QB Robertson is the real deal. Very mobile, good arm and has the ability to get out of trouble. He will be someone that the Kats will have to work very hard to contain. Kat D line will cause a lot of disruption in the trenches, but Robertson will need to keep his head on a swivel for DE PJ Hall and Mouf Adebo.

*Villanova defense is solid, but Kats have faced a couple of good defenses in the first two rounds. Nova is ranked 32nd in total defense and 7th against the run. (SE La was ranked 6th vs the run and JSU 9th vs the run at the time of their respective games). Nova LB's are very good and very active . Kats will need to do a good job blocking them to get to the next level. I wasn't all that impressed with the secondary. I think Kats skill positions could surprise the 'Nova D. Kats are very speedy at these positions.

This will be a great test for this Bearkat team. I have always wanted to see Sam Houston to play some teams from the CAA and Southern conferences to see where they match up. I know everyone has said that Talley has had Keeler's number over the years, but KCK goes into this game with a different group of players and coaches. But, this Sam Houston team is a COMPLETELY different team than the one early in the year. I think this will be a very entertaining game.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM
KC Keeler was well liked at UD. Only a few loud clowns with little pointers didn't like him because KC knows a small minded person when he sees one.

news journal reporting a porsche just made a drive by Delaware stadium on the way up to the mainline

go Nova!

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Says the sunshine fan.
Listen Sally. I'm sure you are in your grandmas basement eating twinkies and acting tough. Why didn't you show up until after our first run? Listen bud. I don't want to take apart another "Kat Fan", but you have about as much swing as what's between your legs. (Not much).

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Listen Sally. I'm sure you are in your grandmas basement eating twinkies and acting tough. Why didn't you show up until after our first run? Listen bud. I don't want to take apart another "Kat Fan", but you have about as much swing as what's between your legs. (Not much).
Why didn't you show up until after our first run?
You joined 12/2011, I joined 01/12 that means you joined one whole month before me. Difference is you only come to talk smack when we are winning, I've been here win or loss.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Heading out to the game now, looks like beautiful weather for some football

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Alright, enough is enough. LEAVE TWINKIES OUT OF THIS!!

Anovafan
December 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Robertson isn't playing. Mark it zero dude. Nova has no chance without him. Concussion from last week.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 10:44 AM
SERIOUS.....xconfusedx

Anovafan
December 13th, 2014, 10:59 AM
SERIOUS.....xconfusedx

I am dead serious. He made it through all tests this week fine then took some contact yesterday. Woke up not right. He is out. Polony gets the start.

Nickels
December 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I am dead serious. He made it through all tests this week fine then took some contact yesterday. Woke up not right. He is out. Polony gets the start.

You trollin us bro?

Anovafan
December 13th, 2014, 11:04 AM
You trollin us bro?

Nope, I wish I was kidding. I've been here since 2003 and even on the prior i-aa board. I don't pull any punches.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hearing it around the tailgate as well. Thus could be ugly

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
That is horrendous new for Villanova!

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Now that I think about it, he did leave class early Tuesday night. T his is awful. Time to step up Polony

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Why didn't you show up until after our first run?
You joined 12/2011, I joined 01/12 that means you joined one whole month before me. Difference is you only come to talk smack when we are winning, I've been here win or loss.
Listen bud. Just do your thing I get on to talk football not to your Dumbass. God bless.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Confirmed. That sucks, sorry to hear this.

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Bugger! Espn confirmed

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Luckily most of the offense is healthy

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
This sucks. Good game sam houston

Sammy94
December 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I liked our chances before, now I'd even bet on it.

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 11:32 AM
The backup chemical engineer to start instead. Cmon Chris!

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I liked our chances before, now I'd even bet on it.

This guy is unknown. Last back up QB we played in the playoffs lit us up in the second half in Cheney.

BNATION
December 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
4 quarters of football to play. Starter out or not have to show up and play sound football.

Sam_Kats
December 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
That sucks. Always hate seeing teams this deep hindered.

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
This guy is unknown. Last back up QB we played in the playoffs lit us up in the second half in Cheney.

That's only half true. VA had started half of the season and played in every game but maybe 1 that year. He was just as active that year as the starter. Their stats were nearly split in half.

dwtime
December 13th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Robertson being out will make a very interesting game even more interesting. Hard to prepare for a back up QB you have never seen. If he can play Nova may still have a good shot.

MDUNHfan
December 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Robinson is a big loss. Time for the next wildcat to step up.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Robertson out. Shocker!

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
They just announced that Robertson has a concussion here in the press box. At least Chris Polony has some experience as a starter. Polony has a very good arm, so look for him to throw the ball a lot more. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cats run someone else in Wildcat formations as well.

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hate to see this in the playoffs. Damn

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Sam Houston State wins the toss and will defer to the 2nd Half. Villanova gets the ball first.

- - - Updated - - -

Short kick is returned to the VU 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai, who will get a lot of work today, goes for three on the zone play.

- - - Updated - - -

Polony's first pass is off time on the out to Lincoln Collins. 3rd and 7.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Near disaster for Polony with a fumble as he loses the grip on a pass. VU recovers. But SHSU blocks the punt. First down for the Bearkats at the VU 17.

- - - Updated - - -

Keshawn Hill on the draw play for 5.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Swing lateral out to Thomas to the 6. First down, Hill bursts through the line untouched for the TD, but it is wiped out by an illegal formation flag.

- - - Updated - - -

1st and goal from the 12.

Lehigh'98
December 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
This really sucks for Nova. Damn man....Hopefully Polony can play but Roberson is a great mobile qb

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
QB draw for Johnson is stuffed by Don Cherry. 2nd and goal from the 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Hill with a nice strong run inside to the 3. 3rd and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Fade route from Johnson to Brown for a 2-yard TD pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Houston State 7, Villanova 0. 11:21 left in the first period.

5 plays, 17 yards, 2:13 on the drive.

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Yep. This game is gonna be ugly.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Similar start to last week's Villanova-Liberty game.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Nightmare for Nova.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:17 PM
For those who don't know Polony's background, he was the starter before John Robertson emerged. He started most of the season before Robertson's freshman year and at Temple the following season. He has also started before when Robertson has been out with injuries. Polony has a very strong arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Penalty flag down on the kick return. Holding on VU and Villanova will start its second drive from the 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai does a nice job picking a hole on the zone play for 8 to the 18. 2nd and two.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Monangai finds room to the outside for 3 yards and the first down at the 2. And then KM bursts for 8. Pass completion Polony to Monangai for the first down at the 32.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice pass over the middle to TE Pettway for 14 yards. And then 54 yards to Poppy Livers for the TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Livers got behind the secondary and was off to the races.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM
The PAT was partially blocked and goes wide.

6 plays, 90 yards, 1:43 on the drive

Sam Houston State 7, Villanova 6, 9:31 left in the first period

Texas
December 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
The PAT was partially blocked and goes wide.

6 plays, 90 yards, 1:43 on the drive

Sam Houston State 7, Villanova 6, 9:31 left in the first period

My stream is crazy slow

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I have no words for how horrific our field goal kickers are. Polony gaining some confidence!

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Villanova has lost both of its games on missed kicks this season, in double OT in the season opener to Syracuse when a short field goal at the end of regulation went wide and on a missed PAT in a 10-9 loss at Richmond.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no words for how horrific our field goal kickers are. Polony gaining some confidence!
Polony was on the radar of NFL scouts before he was replaced by Robertson. He is one of the best backups in the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Wind-blown kickoff bounces at the 12 and Ed Shockley makes a big hit at the SHSU 14.

- - - Updated - - -

Option to Hill, who bounces off tacklers to the SHSU 29.

- - - Updated - - -

Hill inside for 4 to the 33. 2nd and 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Option pitch to Hill is dropped and Cherry with the tackle for minus-3. 3rd and 14.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop route to King is short of the first down at the SHSU 37 after a 12-yard gain. Punt time.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Short punt takes a SHSU bounce and is downed at the VU 1. 7 minutes left in the first period. 62 yard punt.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai inside zone for 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai for 3 more to the 10. 3rd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai sweeps to the left side for the first down with an 8-yard gain for the first down to the 18.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai inside for 5 more. 2nd and 5 from the 23. Monangai with some nice moves inside to the 30. First down.

- - - Updated - - -

Jet tempo for the Wildcats. 7 yards for Austin Medley.

- - - Updated - - -

Holding on Kyle Wallace a Medley run. 2nd and 13.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Medley picks through tacklers on a nicely devised screen pass to the VU 46. 19 yards on thew play. Polony with the hitch pass to Aaron Wells to the 49. 2nd and 7.

- - - Updated - - -

False start on WR Anthony DeCamillo. 2nd and 12 from the VU 44.

- - - Updated - - -

Crisp pass from Polony to DeCamillo for 12 yards and the first down at the SHSU 44.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai inside zone to the SHSU 41. 2nd and 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai again inside to the 40. 3rd and 6 from the SHSU 40.

- - - Updated - - -

Polony scrambles up the center for 4. 4th and 2 from the SHSU 36.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Nova effective with Monangai on the ground. He's running in the holes usually meant for Robertson.

The camera angles on the ESPN3 feed are horrifically bad.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Villanova gets to the line quickly in jet tempo and forces Sam Houston to take a time out.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
36-yard read option TD run for Polony. Career-long run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
TD VU!!

dwtime
Robertson who?

Mr. C
High snap, but Goff gets the kick through to make it Villanova 13, Sam Houston State 7.

13 plays, 99 yards, 6:38 on the drive.

HailSzczur
John who?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
That was one great ball fake by Polony. I think everyone in the stadium might have been fooled by that.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM
This is a clock game. Keep it ticking and hope we're on the right end of it

caribbeanhen
Robertson who?

Pipp

- - - Updated - - -

John who?

Wally

Mr. C
Another big Don Cherry hit on special teams on another kickoff caught in the wind. SHSU ball at its own 20.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 12:43 PM
That was one great ball fake by Polony. I think everyone in the stadium might have been fooled by that.

Mr C and who else is there?

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Johnson is clobbered on a blitz, but gets the ball away for a 61-yard completion. Jason Ceneus was burned badly and was slow in reacting at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

In the press box, or the stands? I had a nice conversation before the game with Southland commissioner Tom Burnett, who is sitting behind me.

- - - Updated - - -

First quarter ends

Villanova 13, Sam Houston State 7

HailSzczur

I bought the fake

caribbeanhen
Johnson is clobbered on a blitz, but gets the ball away for a 61-yard completion. Jason Ceneus was burned badly and was slow in reacting at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

In the press box, or the stands?

- - - Updated - - -

First quarter ends

Stands?

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

In the press box, or the stands?

- - - Updated - - -

First quarter ends

Attendance isn't too bad here actually

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Draw play to Hill goes nowhere as DT Pat Williams stuffs the play. 3rd and 8 at the VU 27.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Stands?

That's what they call those slabs of aluminum both fans sit upon

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Jared Johnson is hit high on a pass attempt and escapes for 7. 4th and 1. Donovan Williams takes in a pass for 5 yards and a first down at the 17.

2 yard Williams run to the 15. Johnson to Thomas on a pass to the 11. 3rd and 5.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nice fake by Johnson on the read option to the 7. 1st and goal.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Hill is stopped on a nice Shockley tackle at the 6. 2nd and goal. Injured player on the play, DE Reggie Paris limps off on a bad ankle.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Empty backfield. Motion sets in the backfield and lead blocks for a Johnson B draw. Holding makes it 2nd and goal from the 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson misfires on a pass, but VU gets a personal foul on a late hit of the receiver. 1st and goal from the 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Huge mistake for the Wildcats there.

dwtime
December 13th, 2014, 12:54 PM
That was a ticky tack call

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:55 PM
WR screen to the 3. Hill is stuffed on a run, but another fade route for Johnson's TD pass from 4 yards out on third down.

- - - Updated - - -

PAT is good

Sam Houston State 14, Villanova 13. 9:54 left in the half.

12 plays, 80 yards, 5:24 on the drive.

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM
That personal foul literally just changed the entire game.

Sammy94
December 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Watching this on ESPN 3 is brutal. What a joke.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Kickoff return for VU to the 42 and Monangai with a sharp run to the VU 45. Polony with a read option to the SHSU 45. KM again for 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Polony keeps to the SHSU 42. 3rd and 7.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Blitz pressure from the weakside and the 3rd-down pass is deflected. Punt time for the Wildcats. Ball is downed at the SHSU 5, but a flag is down.

Illegal formation costs Villanova the field posistion. Re-kick.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Gerald Thomas returns this one to the 32, but SHSU gets flagged for a block in the back. Bearkat ball at the 8.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
These refs are horrible. 2 time they've messed up announcing a call. They had s hold as a loss of down earlier

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:09 PM
After a media time out SHSU takes too much time figuring out a play and gets flagged for delay. 1st and 14 from the 4. Johnson fakes and runs wide for a two-yard loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Brown outmuscles Ceneus in a mismatch for a pass at the SHSU 39. Run for one yard. 2nd and 9.

- - - Updated - - -

Hill runs inside for one more yard. 3rd and 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Pass over the middle from Johnson goes off the hands of a receiver. 4th and 8. Punt time.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Holding on VU on the punt, which is short and bounces before being downed. VU ball at the 19.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai is stopped for 1 yard as SHSU makes defensive adjustments on the inside zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Spin move by Livers on the hitch pass for 5 yards. 3rd and 4 from the VU 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Livers drops a pass that would have been a first down as Polony dropped it nicely in. Punt time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thomas returns it for a yard to the SHSU 31.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:15 PM
2 sam guys shove the punter to the ground and wont let hun up. What a bunch of thugs

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hill is stuffed twice. 3rd and long and Johnson scrambles for a first down. Late hit flag is down.

- - - Updated - - -

Contact is ruled in bounds. Flag is picked up. First down for SHSU at the VU 39.

HailSzczur
You better put that flag away

Mr. C
Johnson to Thomas on the WR screen to the 35. Other side with the same play to the 33. 3rd and 4.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Edwards gets away with a push-off of Seneus on a pass play and makes a diving catch at the VU 12. The officials missed that one big time.

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
no offensive PI??? Okay.

Mr. C
Lucky bounce for SHSU as Hill fumbles a pitch, but it goes through a VU player's hands and out of bounds at the 15.

HailSzczur
Sam Houston cheer rolls in

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Hill is stopped by Pat Williams for zero. 3rd and 13.

- - - Updated - - -

Mix-up as Thomas doesn't expect a pass to him. He drops it. 4th down field goal attempt from 32 yards out.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Swimberghe's field goal is good.

Sam Houston State 17, Villanova 13, 0:29 seconds left in the second period.

9 plays, 54 yards, 2:11 on the drive

- - - Updated - - -

Sarnese returns a squibber to the VU 35.

- - - Updated - - -

Good touch from Polony to Lincoln Collins at the SHSU 45. Polony for 5 to Livers. 9 seconds left.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Polony scrambles to the 29 with one second left in the half.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Goff 46-yard field goal is bombed through for a surprising three points. Career-long kick.

- - - Updated - - -

Halftime

Sam Houston State 17, Villanova 16

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I THINK WE JUST WON THE SUPER BOWL

VUCats02
December 13th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I don't care if we lose this game now. I can now die happy

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I've never held my breath for so long

Bronco
December 13th, 2014, 01:32 PM
So happy Sam Houston got rid of those terrible pants they had the last few years
Looked like wearing a diaper

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRQVveh1fSN46-WeD1b7CfnLL_k9yfKJrtuhlgmopc_ldkph4Xg

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Coastal Carolina just took the lead on North Dakota State on the first play of the fourth quarter.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:38 PM
These two teams would be happy to avoid a trip to Fargo and a home game (at least for Nova) with a win today.

Sammy94
December 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Biggest halftime lead of the playoffs. I'll take it.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Sam band had finally arrived. Time zone issue?

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I'm sure Sam Houston State would find Myrtle Beach a better vacation trip than Fargo.

Sammy94
December 13th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Airplane was delayed this morning

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Thomas returns the ball to the SHSU 49 on the second-half kickoff.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bearkats' Jarrell Oliver is called for a personal foul after the kickoff. First down for SHSU at the 34.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Why is cenus still on 85?

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Ladarious Brown for 66 yards and a TD as he burns Ceneus gets burned again.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Why is cenus still on 85?
They took him out for awhile and then put him back in. Bad mismatch. Billy Crocker needs to make some defensive adjustments.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Houston State 24, Villanova 16, 14:42 left in the third period.

- - - Updated - - -

Touchback gives VU the ball at its own 25.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Gulyas with a catch over the middle for 13 yards. Polony continues to be sharp. Monangai to the 39.

- - - Updated - - -

Play-action pass to TE Pettway on the sideline for 10 and a first down at the VU 49.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai spins off tacklers on the counter zone to the SHSU 42 for 9. 2nd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Polony with a bad decision to keep on the read and is stuffed for minus-one. 3rd and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Hand inside to Monangai to the SHSU 37, but a flag is down.

- - - Updated - - -

Illegal formation for 5 yards against Nova costs the Cats a first down. 3rd and 8 from the SHSU 48.

- - - Updated - - -

Polony is contained and forced to scramble out of bounds at the 48. 4th down.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:01 PM
North Dakota State went back ahead 39-32 on a 45-yard John Crockett TD run. But CCU is driving near midfield with half of the fourth period left.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Hill runs up the middle to the SHSU 24. Another Cherry tackle. Johnson throws the ball away as he is almost sacked and a flag is down. Appears to be on SHSU.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Holding on SHSU is declined. Intentional grounding is accepted. 3rd and 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Dump-off pass to Hill is stuffed for a loss by Harmon. Minus-5 on the play. Punt time from the 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Dangerous grab of the punt by Gulyas to save VU some yards at the Wildcat 42. 9:46 left in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

58-yard scoring burst from Kevin Monangai.

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova going for two.

- - - Updated - - -

13th career 100-yard game for Monangai.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Two-point pass at the endline Polony to Gulyas for two.

Villanova 24, Sam Houston State 24, 9:36 left in the third period. Game on.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Sam Houstons mascot look like he stumbled in from a cereal commercial

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they're rubbing out a cramp on polony leg

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:17 PM
The ball is blown dead after it fell off the kicking tee on the kickoff. Then it falls off the tee a second time and Villanova is offsides on the third attempt. One more attempt at a kickoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Knuckled kick is taken by Thomas to the SHSU 32.

- - - Updated - - -

Hill inside to the 36.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson sideline pass to Brown for a first down at the SHSU 45.

- - - Updated - - -

Williams counters as SHSU fakes the jet sweep for 3 to the SHSU 48. Pass to Edwards moves the chains at the VU 44.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson carries to the line of scrimmage. Obvious holding not called.

- - - Updated - - -

Overstreet sweeps to the 49 where Jerry Miles makes the play. 3rd and 9.

HailSzczur
December 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Looks like winner goes to Fargo

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Johnson is pressured and bounces a pass. 4th down punt situation.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Looks like winner goes to Fargo
Colton Heagle clinched things for NDSU with another clutch interception after Adam Keller missed a 49-yard field goal to give CCU one last chance. Final, NDSU 39, CCU 32. Great game.

- - - Updated - - -

The punt bounced at the one and went into the end zone to give VU the ball at the 20 with 6:19 left in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley inside zone for 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Austin Medley with a great block on a QB draw as Polony sprints for 19 yards to the VU 41.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley scampers outside on the zone for 23 to the SHSU 35.

- - - Updated - - -

Run again to the line of scrimmage.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
That NDSU win was one heck of a game and now this one looks like it could be headed there too.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Pass incomplete. 3rd down and 10. False start makes it 3rd and 15. Another false start on center Ross Hall. 3rd and 20.

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Polony is hit as he throws and the ball is almost intercepted. 4th and 20, punt time.

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2014, 02:26 PM
This is the Saturday I've waited for all year! Went from on FCS game, tho this one, and after that another one!

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Great punt by John Hichen is downed at the 7. Looked like someone practicing their short game in golf. 3:55 left in the third.

- - - Updated - - -

Lewis WR screen for 8. Hill inside stacked after one. 3rd and 1 at the 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarnese comes off with a hand injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson with a nice zone read fake and run for the first down at the 19.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarnese is back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson on the slant to Lewis for a first down at the SHSU 37.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM
This is the Saturday I've waited for all year! Went from on FCS game, tho this one, and after that another one!
me too

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Overstreet runs inside to the 42. 5 yards on the play. 2nd and 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Play-action deep slant completion to the VU 41.

- - - Updated - - -

Overstreet runs inside to the 41, Zero on the play. 2nd and 10.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
The soccer lines and the camera angles are really annoying.