PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals: ILLINOIS STATE VS EASTERN WASHINGTON

Pages : [1] 2

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 07:06 PM
This is the game I look forward to most next weekend. Can't wait!!

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I expect ISU to win, EWU is a good club though.

Jrbird2
December 6th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Well we can be sure of one thing: The redbirds remember what happened last time they went to EWU. Pretty cool we get another chance on the red turf!

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 07:18 PM
So...we meet again. This Redbirds team is going to be a force. I thought UNI was outstanding against SFA, and ISUr beat them handily!

That being said, EWU is a very different team, and this will be a heck of a matchup!

No_Skill
December 6th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I hope this is the Friday game so I can watch.

Red & Black
December 6th, 2014, 07:31 PM
There's going to be quite a few points scored in this one, I think. The 2012 game was a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect ISU to win, EWU is a good club though.

Oh, ya don't say? xrolleyesx

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 07:33 PM
There's going to be quite a few points scored in this one, I think. The 2012 game was a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, ya don't say? xrolleyesx
Did you see them playing today? They looked like the best team in the FCS..

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 07:49 PM

Yeah...but now their coming to play a Big Sky Conference championship team.xtroublex

IT WAS A FREAKING JOKE! BACK OFF!xpeacex

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Too much damned Red in one place. Hope EWU wears all black and ISU all white.. That turf is hideous!

Red & Black
December 6th, 2014, 08:19 PM

I did, and they looked great.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Too much damned Red in one place. Hope EWU wears all black and ISU all white.. That turf is hideous!

Pray for snow! xnodx

FargoBison
December 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM
The hideous red turf has been a playoff house of horrors for our conference. I hope ISUR can break the streak, should be a great game though. Two really good teams, playing some good football right now. Wouldn't be shocked to see this game being played Friday night.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Interesting match up for sure.

ISU is playing really well right now. EWU at home will be tough.

BattinRam
December 6th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Go Redbirds, give um the ole' Valley one, two, and get outta there with a W.

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Game will be won in the secondary and if we can get pressure on VA. Not worried about scoring points, just hope we play DEF.

Last team with the ball wins.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'm going with over 125 for points scored.xnodx

SIUSalukiFan
December 6th, 2014, 10:44 PM
This should be a helluva game. Go Illinois State!

Redbird 13
December 7th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Hated this potential matchup when the pairings were released!

ISU will have to clean up the turnovers that made things interesting in the fourth quarter against UNI.

I think the winner goes to Frisco.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 7th, 2014, 01:50 AM
If Ill St plays the jump ball they win, simple as that.....and turnovers.

SpreadtheRed
December 7th, 2014, 02:47 AM
I think the winner goes to Frisco.

New Hamp begs to differ... but anyways, if the Birds chuck the ball up 3 times like they did yesterday, they are going to be in a world of hurt.

My vote is they wear their home reds they wore in the UNI game, and Ninja their way to victory.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Game will be won in the secondary and if we can get pressure on VA. Not worried about scoring points, just hope we play DEF.

Last team with the ball wins.

I think Ill State will be able to move the ball and score but will it be enough on the road?

The D-line and LBs for the Redbirds need to play gap sound on defense and not let VA extend plays. Keep him bottled up and get pressure on him. They do that and they have a very good chance of winning IMO.

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 07:21 AM
From my neutral point of view, I think Illinois State wins. IMO, Illinois State should have been a top four seed over Eastern Washington.

ValleyTalk
December 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Illinois State by a touchdown.

Redbird Recon
December 7th, 2014, 12:14 PM
If Corwin and Perkins can keep VA in the pocket, Redbirds win.

Lehigh'98
December 7th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Redbirds get revenge from 2012 49-45. Could be best game of quarters.

ndsubison
December 7th, 2014, 12:42 PM
This coming from a Bison fan: kick their collective fking azzes: Redbirds. Rep the Valley.

kalm
December 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM

Both Montana and PSU had the athletes to do a nice job of this and VA has looked jittery in the pocket since his injury. That said, he's still been able to do enough to put points up and we've had some luck with more designed rollouts and option.

I think both teams get their points but if our defense plays like it did yesterday I like our chances.

veinup
December 7th, 2014, 12:59 PM
this is the game ill be paying most attention to next weekend

go eags bitches

Cleets
December 7th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I would argue that this will be the best FCS team EWU has played all season...

Red & Black
December 7th, 2014, 02:18 PM

No doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red & Black
December 7th, 2014, 02:20 PM

He can still do a ton of damage inside the pocket.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2014, 02:21 PM
From my neutral point of view, I think Illinois State wins. IMO, Illinois State should have been a top four seed over Eastern Washington.

You're not neutral. You're a MVFC fan.

Cleets
December 7th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Eastern Washington will need to be relaxed and confident rolling into this game
If they play tight and awkward like they did through the Griz game they will lose BIG

They win this game if they just relax and do their thing...

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I think Ill State will be a slight favorite, but whoever wins will make it to Frisco.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2014, 04:15 PM
You're not neutral. You're a MVFC fan.

Uhh? I think he/she is a Villanova fan..

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I think Eastern Washington has to be the favorite at home, but it really should be a good game. Both of these quarterbacks are very dangerous.

Rjones61
December 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM
This feels a lot like 2012. For that reason and being an EWU homer, I think EWU wins this one.

Both Illinois State and EWU are better than they were in 2012. I think this will be a close game AND the winner goes to Frisco.

Prime Power
December 7th, 2014, 06:35 PM

I don't think you would get a valid argument from anyone on that one.

dudeitsaid
December 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I think Ill State will be a slight favorite, but whoever wins will make it to Frisco.

I hope that's true. Five seed coming to the four seed's home turf, and us being the underdog would add more fuel to the fire for us.

CHIP72
December 7th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Uhh? I think he/she is a Villanova fan..

More like a Lehigh/Lafayette/Penn/Villanova fan.​ I think it does say that in my profile...

dudeitsaid
December 7th, 2014, 07:06 PM
More like a Lehigh/Lafayette/Penn/Villanova fan.​ I think it does say that in my profile...

In that case, everything you say is invalidated...

J/K!

Red & Black
December 7th, 2014, 10:07 PM
From my neutral point of view, I think Illinois State wins. IMO, Illinois State should have been a top four seed over Jacksonville State.

FIFY.

PMBison
December 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cheering for ISU but wouldn't be upset if NDSU were to make it to the title game and get another shot at EWU. I think most NDSU fans agree that the 2010 robbery still burns a bit. Also curious, has anybody successfully stopped or at least given the EWU offense fits this year with Vernon Adams at the helm?

Red & Black
December 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Cheering for ISU but wouldn't be upset if NDSU were to make it to the title game and get another shot at EWU. I think most NDSU fans agree that the 2010 robbery still burns a bit. Also curious, has anybody successfully stopped or at least given the EWU offense fits this year with Vernon Adams at the helm?

Montana did to verying degrees in both those games.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Well getting to the Quarters I would hope so. Of course this is the best team ISUr will have played all year too.

DaBurds!!
December 8th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I hate this matchup, I hate EWU's offense, and I hate that damn turf. I especially hate what they did to us a couple years back.
I don't do predictions, but Carnes made it easy for us in the secondary..,we need to come ready to play some terrific pass defense.

World
December 8th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Illinois State - 45
Eastern Washington - 42

Redbirdgrad
December 8th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Illinois State at East Washington - FCS Playoffs??- Quarterfinals - Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:00 PM

357 Illinois State
-6½ -120

358 East Washington
+6½ -120

According to 5dimes. For entertainment purposes only, and to help spark some discussion. EWU is a touchdown dog on their own turf.

tomq04
December 8th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I would take ewu every time they under dogs by > 6 against nearly everyone...probably not oregon though.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Illinois State at East Washington - FCS Playoffs??- Quarterfinals - Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:00 PM

357 Illinois State
-6½ -120

358 East Washington
+6½ -120

According to 5dimes. For entertainment purposes only, and to help spark some discussion. EWU is a touchdown dog on their own turf.

Largely due to the over-valued weight given due to playjng in the MVFC, I would imagine. Computers and stuff. ;)

Seriously, though. I may take that bet.

DaBurds!!
December 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Largely due to the over-valued weight given due to playjng in the MVFC, I would imagine. Computers and stuff. ;)

Seriously, though. I may take that bet.

I don't blame you, I would too... But I have a conflict of interest.

Loyl2u
December 8th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I've got this as 42-36 Redbirds in my bracket. The Birds have done a great job of controlling some RB's this year, but haven't done a great job on QB's that are decent dual threats. My guess is that ISUr will give up some big plays, but will also make several offensively. Ultimately, as with most games between good teams, it will be about turnovers. Somebody will have 3 turnovers and first one there loses. I think ISUr DEF can generate 3, but the question is whether The Birds offense will give up 3 first. Roberson has done a better job of taking care of ball last several Games. Hopefully that continues.

Any significant injury question marks for EWU?

tomq04
December 8th, 2014, 11:55 PM

I'm pretty sure we are as healthy as we have been all year.

Catsfan90
December 9th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I don't really understand all the winner goes to Frisco comments. Winner goes to the semis for a shot at Frisco. With all four teams in, none of them are pushovers. So looking past the semis is difficult to do.

kalm
December 9th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I don't really understand all the winner goes to Frisco comments. Winner goes to the semis for a shot at Frisco. With all four teams in, none of them are pushovers. So looking past the semis is difficult to do.

Each team would be heavily favored against Chatty at home and entering the playoffs, both UNH and Chatty had only defeated one playoff team, so UNH is still a bit unproven as well.

Red & Black
December 9th, 2014, 08:05 AM

A few here and there, including one starter on the O-Line, I believe. Nothing really out of the ordinary for any team at this point in the season.

clawman
December 9th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I'm pretty sure we are as healthy as we have been all year.

TE Terry Jackson had a bad ankle sprain and DL Anthony Lino came off the field last play of the game with a limp arm. Maybe shoulder? Safety Jordan Tonani still suffering concussion symptoms. Stating guard Aaron Neary missed the MT game and is still questionable.

Grizzlies82
December 9th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Good luck Eagles. I hope 'Little Shoota' and your guys smoke em.

Cleets
December 9th, 2014, 06:09 PM
I'm just waiting for the ESPN video team to try and set the color temperature for the field (white balance be damned) and then the two RED teams run out on to the field

Good Lord...!!! its going to look like a circus / That's a lot of red
Here's what a still shot from the game is going to look like

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Color_icon_red.svg/300px-Color_icon_red.svg.png

X-Factor
December 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Winner here DOES advance to Frisco. Bank it. As for who that is, flip a coin. I picked ISUred in my bracket, but when it is this close I had to err on the side of fellow MVFC teams. EWU is going to be really tough to beat at home, that is for sure.

tomq04
December 9th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Winner here DOES advance to Frisco. Bank it. As for who that is, flip a coin. I picked ISUred in my bracket, but when it is this close I had to err on the side of fellow MVFC teams. EWU is going to be really tough to beat at home, that is for sure.

Except in the semi's

UNHWildcat18
December 10th, 2014, 09:54 AM
What's the difference in this game when a top mvfc team comes to EWU this year vs last year (SDSU) didn't fair too well. Being serious because I don't know much about ISU..

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
What's the difference in this game when a top mvfc team comes to EWU this year vs last year (SDSU) didn't fair too well. Being serious because I don't know much about ISU..

Hopefully the outcome.

I think the main difference is ISUr is much better this year than SDSU was last year. SDSU was 8-4 in the regular season and lost 3 conference games. ISUr was 10-1 in the regular season and lost 1 conference game on the road to a team that was very good. I think ISUr is much more diverse and much stronger on offense than SDSU was last year. SDSU fans might disagree, but that is my personal opinion. If Roberson plays to the level he did last week, and the defense does what they did against us last week they will be TOUGH to beat.

Strange things happen when MVFC teams go up on that turf though so nothing might be different. I think overall ISUr is MUCH better this year than SDSU was last year though so I think the result is different.

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I suspect that IL St. is much better offensively than last year's SDSU team. A more likely issue is that IL St is better defensively.

EWU is likely to be worse defensively than they were last year.

Wearing my blue/yellow glasses, SDSU committed two to three blunders in the 2nd/3rd qtrs that lead to the beat down final score. Unfortunately, SDSU hasn't been a great come-back team, and Jacks failed miserably last year. This year, the defense was the biggest liability. Offense, especially with a healthy Sumner, and both 6-4+ WR + Zenner were well honed for offensive production.

It would have been an interesting play-off game if SDSU had played IL St again. Spotting Redbirds 21 points by early 2nd Q and no Sumner was a huge hole and Jacks never found an answer in that first game. Think Jacks could have done much better vs either IL St or EWU in the play-offs. But regionalization assures that SDSU gets fed to Fargo 8 of 10 years that they both make the play-offs.

Jacks02
December 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM
In 2013, SDSU had Youngstown State on the road, following by an opening round game at Northern Arizona before heading out to Eastern Washington for their game. That was a ton of miles for SDSU. Meanwhile, Illinois State had a first round bye and played its last two at home. SDSU also had the game tied at halftime before giving up some big plays in the second half. If I remember right, the wheels pretty much fell off after our "fake punt" attempt in the second half.

I'd also agree that this year's Illinois State team is stronger than last year's SDSU team.

REALBird
December 10th, 2014, 02:14 PM
In 2013, SDSU had Youngstown State on the road, following by an opening round game at Northern Arizona before heading out to Eastern Washington for their game. That was a ton of miles for SDSU. Meanwhile, Illinois State had a first round bye and played its last two at home. SDSU also had the game tied at halftime before giving up some big plays in the second half. If I remember right, the wheels pretty much fell off after our "fake punt" attempt in the second half.

I'd also agree that this year's Illinois State team is stronger than last year's SDSU team.

Similar to that in 2012, Illinois State traveled to Boone, NC to play Appalachian State, then the next weekend had to fly out to Cheney, Washington to play EWU. Not sure how much of an impact it had, but it obviously didn't bode well for us. I think most teams may be able to overcome one road game, maybe two is the max.

For all of you history buffs out there, has any team ever made the NC game having played all of their playoff gams on the road?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Similar to that in 2012, Illinois State traveled to Boone, NC to play Appalachian State, then the next weekend had to fly out to Cheney, Washington to play EWU. Not sure how much of an impact it had, but it obviously didn't bode well for us. I think most teams may be able to overcome one road game, maybe two is the max.

For all of you history buffs out there, has any team ever made the NC game having played all of their playoff gams on the road?

JMU in 2004.

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Winner of this game has a tough trip out to UNH.

Illinois State would have a lot of travel from coast to coast.

Whoever wins should make for a great semifinal game, but I don't think the winner is a guaranteed winner and headed to Frisco.

tojo70
December 10th, 2014, 03:53 PM
5 Dimes now has ISU by 1

Grizzlies82
December 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
JMU in 2004.

James Madison not only played all of their playoff games on the road that year, they also won it. A really impressive feat by any measure!!!

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
5 Dimes now has ISU by 1

Vegas insider has EWU by 1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Red & Black
December 10th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Except in the semi's

Lol. Truth.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2014, 09:07 PM
no way to make a prediction for this game, just tune in for the last few seconds....

tomq04
December 10th, 2014, 11:17 PM
no way to make a prediction for this game, just tune in for the last few seconds....

:D

Screamin_Eagle174
December 11th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Unless you enjoy watching Madden simulations where both offenses are All-Pro and defenses are Rookie, then watch the entire game. :D

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
James Madison not only played all of their playoff games on the road that year, they also won it. A really impressive feat by any measure!!!

Very true, but IIRC they were all bus games -- Lehigh, Furman and William & Mary.

Not sure we'll ever see a team make three plane trips to different time zones ever win the Championship.

Cleets
December 11th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Very true, but IIRC they were all bus games -- Lehigh, Furman and William & Mary.

Not sure we'll ever see a team make three plane trips to different time zones ever win the Championship.

This was the biggest problem wit the older system...
West Coast teams had to fly / fly and / fly during the playoffs and then fly out to Chattanooga again to play on a "Neutral Field" my ass

3 bus trips is hardly the same

Things have evened out now that Frisco is the destination
as well as - that playoffs include short trips for everybody

Redbird Recon
December 11th, 2014, 04:29 PM
One difference I remember was the equipment semi having to leave a day earlier than any other game that season. Thursday's padded practice wasn't padded.

tomq04
December 11th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Can it be Saturday yet please?

Rjones61
December 12th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Eastern Washington hype video for the upcoming game against Illinois State:

http://vimeo.com/114270703

THE HERD
December 12th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Not sure who wins this game, although I am leaning towards the Redbirds, because I think they are a little more balanced team. What I do know is whoever wins this game will be in Frisco.

Beachdude
December 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Not sure who wins this game, although I am leaning towards the Redbirds, because I think they are a little more balanced team. What I do know is whoever wins this game will be in Frisco.

I agree.

tomq04
December 12th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I don't always predict who is going to win a game, but when I do I always pick the Eagles.

Redbird Recon
December 12th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Make sure VA remembers his wristband this time...
xlolx

Bronco
December 12th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Go Eagles Represent the Sky well

So Saturday on ESPN3 but what time?

tomq04
December 12th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Go Eagles Represent the Sky well

So Saturday on ESPN3 but what time?

I believe I saw 1 pm PST.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
How many will be at this game?

tomq04
December 12th, 2014, 03:31 PM
How many will be at this game?

According to AG1, it will be roughly 19, and half of those will be Griz fans.

kalm
December 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM

Is this game sold out?

Bison56
December 12th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Is this game sold out?

They had to bring in a couple folding chairs.

tomq04
December 12th, 2014, 11:23 PM
There were tickets available at noon today, perhaps the first non sold out game this year?

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Go redbirds! THE BIRDS THAT ARE RED FROM ILLINOIS DAMNIT!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Pulling for the Valley team!

Go Redbirds!!!

xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 12:13 PM

You're right, ISU is more balanced; 22 turnovers given up, 22 gained. EWU on the other hand has given up 17 but gained 28. Not very balanced.

World
December 13th, 2014, 12:35 PM
You're right, ISU is more balanced; 22 turnovers given up, 22 gained. EWU on the other hand has given up 17 but gained 28. Not very balanced.

ha!

good one

veinup
December 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM
There were tickets available at noon today, perhaps the first non sold out game this year?

weird.

ah well, hopin for a good one.

go eags.

SpreadtheRed
December 13th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Lets do it Redbirds!

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Cant decide who I want to win. On one hand I think we match up better with EWU, but on the other hand having ISUr go to Washington, and then New Hampshire would be cool.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Fog bowl.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
TD saving PI there.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Red field hurts my eyes

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
LET'S GO REDBIRDS!!!

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:16 PM
this is what ISU needs to do, ball control, dominate the clock, keep the EWU defense on the field

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Roughing the passer? Lol.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM

Don't hit them below the knees like that.

So yeah.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM

Hit below the knees.. Tom Brady rule

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Good stand by the Eagles D

ISU 3
EWU 0

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Fumble!!! ISU gets the turnover!!!

dwtime
Terrible ball handling by EWU, just terrible.

Red & Black
Not a great start for the Eags.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Meh, that was a catch.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Turnover

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:30 PM
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!!!

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I just came over from the Villanova / SHSU game...

and WTF..!!!

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
So which team will I have to hear about beating UNH by 20 next week? Looking forward to watching and finding out.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Adams looks like freshly piled *****... 2 for 7 and missing WIDE OPEN short passes

Rjones61
December 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
ISU is definitely the better team right now.

centennial
ISU looks like the best team in the FCS right now. They scare me the most.

DaBurds!!
Go Burds! Keep attacking!

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Emm...how was he down? That was a TD.

UNIFanSince1983
December 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM
ISU looks like the best team in the FCS right now. They scare me the most.

Sad thing is I think they have been the best team in FCS all year long.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Interesting NO TD call...

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Sad thing is I think they have been the best team in FCS all year long.
They get to prove it today

ISUMatt
EAGLES respond quickly and cut the lead to 10-7

Sycamore62
"A little too much ball tackling dick". From the ISUr radio broadcast

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:44 PM
IF: The the Birds don't double team Cooper on deep routs - that is not a smart decision

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
IF: The the Birds don't double team Cooper on deep routs - that is not a smart decision

I think Mike Banks can keep him covered but obviously he wasn't on him that 3rd down play

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I think Mike Banks can keep him covered...
xlolx

Wildcat Pride
Do the Red Birds give out helmet stickers for showing up on time for practice?

ISUMatt
End of the 1st quarter ISU up 10-7 and driving

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:52 PM
They just MARCHED right down the filed - no problem

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 03:53 PM
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!!!

17-7

GAD
TD - ISU

Red & Black
ISU kicks it short again.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
ISU has an actual pass rush - EWU does Not

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Man, that hurts. Bottom line, we're going to need to make a couple stops at some point.

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 04:03 PM
17-10

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 04:04 PM
FG good 17-10

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Why do 4 Easter players follow ONE GUY on that forth down...?

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
REDBIRDS go for it on 4th and 1 and convert

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Great throw! TD!

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Does EWU play any defense? Jesus.

ISUMatt
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!! WHAT A GRAB BY MEREDITH

24-10

Cleets
ISU is putting on a SHOW...!!!!

IBleedYellow
Man Illinois State is burning the Eagles right now.

Defense and Offense are clicking.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!! WHAT A GRAB BY MEREDITH

24-10

That was indeed a sick catch. Good thing is, EWU is pretty good at halftime adjustments; some are definitely needed on defense. Our offense will keep us in this though.

BisonBohl
December 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM
That catch was sick.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM
MVFC master race. Bow down plebs.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Does EWU play any defense? Jesus.

Technically they do field a defense...
But its really more of a theoretical "defense"

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Sold that pump fake

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Wide open Kupp td negated by hold.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:20 PM
BS CALL

Cleets
phantom hold call

dewey
How in the blue hell if you are Illinois State do you leave Cooper Kupp that wide open? The Redbirds dodged a big bullet there.

Dewey

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:21 PM
If the Eagles don't score that "hold" call that nobody could find will be HUGE

Prime Power
December 13th, 2014, 04:22 PM
What conference are these officials from?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Kupp is a man among boys. Keep getting the ball to him please.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM
What conference are these officials from?

Douchebag County HSFB Reffing Academy for the Blind.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Douchebag County HSFB Coaching Academy for the Blind.

You never fail to entertain...

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Can the EWU Eagle make a defense STAND here with 36 seconds left

xrotatehx :D xlolx

Prime Power
December 13th, 2014, 04:29 PM

So the DCHSFBRAFTB Conference? Must be a non scholarship conference, never heard of it.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:31 PM
So the DCHSFBRAFTB Conference? Must be a non scholarship conference, never heard of it.
Indeed.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 04:31 PM
That holding call...wow.

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Ok ISU up 24-17 on the road at the half and get the ball to start the 2nd half... I'll take it!!!

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 04:32 PM
BS CALL

Agree. Hard to believe that terrible call happened in the playoffs.

FargoBison
December 13th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I expected a close but high scoring game and so far this game is delivering.

Cleets
So lets review:

1) Double Cover Cooper (wide open deep) Kupp
2) Be prepared for Phantom Calls
3) ISU can both RUN AND PASS at will

What happens next - who comes up big in 2nd Half

IBleedYellow
Eagle bros.... You probably should be happy that holding call made you take longer to score.

ISU could have a answered if they had that much time on the clock.

ISUMatt

You need to work on getting those home turf calls. My guess is that red field burned his retinas and he now has to completely guess what's holding and what isn't

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Eagle bros.... You probably should be happy that holding call made you take longer to score.

ISU could have a answered if they had that much time on the clock.

It definitely worked out in our favor in that situation, but had we not scored at the end there it could have been a big deal. It was a really poor flag that shouldn't be thrown in the playoffs. How can you call holding when the defensive player has his damn back turned?

And FWIW, ISUr looks like the better team right now so no sour grapes here. We'll need to pick it up big time in the second half to win this game.

Redbird Recon
December 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Ugh. That holding call killed us.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I realize the flag should not have been thrown... I'm just saying you benefited from it more than ISU did.

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2014, 04:44 PM
This commentator had called shsu the bobcats at least 3 times now lol

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 04:44 PM

I know...dude's killing me right now.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Maybe he recognizes their penchant to choke in big games?

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 04:46 PM
EWU needs to do what UNH did last night. Down 1 score at the half, even though you were dominated. Make necessary adjustments at the half and switch things around. A stop to start the half is key.

Prime Power
December 13th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I know...dude's killing me right now.

Guy is a complete moron and I have no idea how the hell he still has a job at ESPN.

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2014, 04:48 PM
EWU needs to do what UNH did last night. Down 1 score at the half, even though you were dominated. Make necessary adjustments at the half and switch things around. A stop to start the half is key.
Thinking the same thing. EWU defense is breaking a lot, but their offense has the ability to keep it close. In the end, whoever scores more wins this!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 04:50 PM
COOPER, not COPPER. Dumbasses.

Prime Power
December 13th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Hmmm....is it Copper or Cooper?

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I figure EWU needs two defensive stops in the second half (total) to win
Which might not happen

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that! I figured I just heard it wrong.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Wadu is a head hunter...it is no surprise he's hurt - he leads with his helmet a lot

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe he recognizes their penchant to choke in big games?
Coming from an Ewww fan...that's jyst funny.

thebootfitter
December 13th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Wow! First time seeing Coprich play. Nice run!

TD Illinois State. 31-17

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:04 PM
ISU embarrasses the EWU Eagles on 4th and 1

WrenFGun
My good god how did a team with a defense this bad win the Big Sky?

ISUMatt
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!!Keep thinking Coprich is hurt Jay!!

31-17

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2014, 05:05 PM
EWU defense completely letting them down.

This looks like it could be over already.

thebootfitter
Good offense. And overall relatively weaker teams than some of the other conferences.

Cleets

I just watched the UNH game... so yeah - but whatever

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Have you checked on your Mom in the past 2 hours on her street corner?

Anyone heard from AlphaGriz lately?

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Whoa a blitz and they get to Adams!

- - - Updated - - -

FG good 31-20

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Field Goals are not going to win this game

nmatsen
December 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Neither is Easter Washington...

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:12 PM

meh... There's a hell of a lot of game left but yeah

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 05:14 PM

I was tailgating with Alpha earlier today.

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Plenty of game left. ISU started to give away the game last week too

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2014, 05:15 PM

I think you're right, but EWU can put up points in bunches.

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 05:17 PM
COPRICH!!!

Screamin_Eagle174

She's probably too busy on another forum making derogatory comments about raping your mother, you classless ****.

uofmman1122
EWU's defense is getting absolutely trashed.

I'm insanely impressed with the Redbirds.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:18 PM
The EWU defense is getting absolutely schooled

clenz
December 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM
The EWU defense is getting absolutely schooled
Shocking i tell you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
I was tailgating with Alpha earlier today.

SE174's mom must have a new customer...

ISUMatt
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS COPRICH #3!!!

ISU up 38-20

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Shocking i tell you

We all knew they were mediocre at best - but holy cow pies..
They are getting the wood put to them

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Man, that high powered offense is rocking.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Missouri Valley master race. They screwed up the seed in this matchup.

thebootfitter
December 13th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Lots of game left, but assuming this continues, what are the odds UNH keeps up with the Redbirds? Pretty slim, methinks.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 05:22 PM
She's probably too busy on another forum making derogatory comments about raping your mother, you classless ****.
You're a funny pre-adolescent.

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I just watched the UNH game... so yeah - but whatever

Uhh ... ISU-R has 6 possessions, 6 scores, 5 TDs. That's not even close to UNH's performance.

Cleets
December 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Vernon Adams throws up a can of corn...

thebootfitter
Wow, nice pick. Poor throw by Adams.

ISUMatt
Interception!!!!

uofmman1122
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

EWU is done. Stick a fork in them.

Go Lehigh TU owl
wow! not a good throw! ISUr could get the kill shot here...

Twentysix
Master race.

IBleedYellow
Man I wonder if NDSU would be able to stop this Illinois State team.

Adams picked off!

srgrizizen
December 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM
This will probably be an all MVC championship. Let the arrogant gloating smack begin. If the rest of us don't like it, the only answer is to get better!xsalutex

FargoBison
Wow ISUR finally breaks the MVFC red field curse, back to back very impressive games from the Redbirds.

Screamin_Eagle174
Said the grown-ass child who makes classless "your mom" jokes on the internet.

Twentysix

Adams picked off!

NDSU loses to isur

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Boy a touchdown here by Illinois State and the game is almost over. At least if EWU loses it isn't the semifinals, LOL.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis

Really need to **** up the game thread do we?

uofmman1122
ISUr very well might be the best team in FCS right now.

Total domination.

ISUMatt
December 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
8th 3rd down conversion today!!

thebootfitter
NDSU loses to isur
If the NDSU D plays like they did today, you may be onto something.

clenz
Really need to **** up the game thread do we?
It doesn't take much to get se all kinds of worked up

Twentysix
This will probably be an all MVC championship. Let the arrogant gloating smack begin. If the rest of us don't like it, the only answer is to get better!xsalutex

Mvfc master race

Southern Bison
Game over...MVFC power!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2014, 05:28 PM
TD 45-20.

I think it's safe to say congrats to the Redbirds.

Cleets
Hell we've been listening to the CAA talk about how great they are for decades
Even when the Southern won three in a row the CAA was still gloating

Mattymc727
Im not at all impressed with EWU, that was ugly all around.

FargoBison
Going to be interesting to see how UNH matches up. But ISUR looks like a runaway freight train right now.

ISUMatt
TOUCHDOWN REDBIRDS!!!

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2014, 05:29 PM
This is really fun to watch ISUr play.

They are completely rolling.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM

Okay, sure. So I bet you wouldn't give a **** if AG1 or Southern Bison made insinuations about raping your mom, wife, or daughter? I mean, family's family, right?

Go Lehigh TU owl
Going to be interesting to see how UNH matches up. But ISUR looks like a runaway freight train right now.

UNH is a more physical team. I'm not saying they'll beat ISUr but they'll attack the LOS with more anger....

Bisonator
Wow the Redbirds look like the team to beat.

frozennorth
December 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Adams picked off!

Ewu is completely outclassed. That would not be the case in isu-ndsu

YoUDeeMan
December 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM
EWU playing clown football on defense. CLOWN football.

Seriously...ISU has not failed to score on any possession...and there is only 1:39 left in the third.
Come play in the Big Fluffy Sky conference...no defensive experience necessary. UD has a Defensieve Coordinator who is in the wrong conference.

Nickels
Is VA crying yet? It's only a matter of time.

IBleedYellow
Okay, sure. So I bet you wouldn't give a **** if AG1 or Southern Bison made insinuations about raping your mom, wife, or daughter? I mean, family's family, right?
Dude, you talk smack all the time, and then things get thrown back at you and you turn into a baby.

It's the Internet, almost all things are going to be fair game and you damn well know that.

Wildcat Pride
This announcer should do his homework. The CAA had 2/4 last year. What a dumb a$$

ursus arctos horribilis

No, he's every bit the ass anyone else is no doubt about it but just trying to **** the game thread doesn't need to happen either....I mean they go haywire after the games but during it that ****'s pretty weak.

Cleets

You might get your wish

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah that is probably very accurate. Doesn't matter though, still have a semifinal game to win.

YoUDeeMan
December 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Hell we've been listening to the CAA talk about how great they are for decades
Even when the Southern won three in a row the CAA was still gloating

CAA was still the better conference...App State was just the better team (barely escaped JMU).