PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Steal One Player From A Conference Foe...Who Would It Be?

THE HERD
December 5th, 2014, 09:15 AM
This one is simple for me I would steal Xavier Williams from UNI. You add this beast to our formidable Dline already and you get QB's and RB's curled up in the fetal position refusing to play! xlolx I am overjoyed that he graduates this year and DJ as well!

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I'd take Jake Weineke because he's got 3 years of eligibility left, meaning he should only get better, and then the Bison wouldn't have to defend against him tomorrow. ;)

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
This is simple yet difficult at the same time. Obviously, there are a ton of great players in the conference. I would love to see what Kyle Emmanuel would look like on our already stout front 7. However, it is no secret we are in dire need of a QB this year. I think you put Mike Perish on our team we may just win that elusive NC this year. Perish would be my choice. A healthy Sumner would be a close second.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Cooper Cupp. Having him and Henderson on the same field next year...xholyx

PMBison
December 5th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I think I would have to say Weineke as I think the weakest aspect of our team is our wide receiver core. Don't get me wrong however, I think we have some good wide receivers, I just don't think they are on the same level as the rest of the team in their respective positions.

THE HERD
December 5th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I'd take Jake Weineke because he's got 3 years of eligibility left, meaning he should only get better, and then the Bison wouldn't have to defend against him tomorrow. ;)

It would be nice to have a wide out with his size(6'4")....I swear NDSU either won't or can't recruit a WR that is taller than 6'2"! Only one I can think of on the roster is Dee Gray and he hasn't really panned out yet...plus he is 6'3" I believe.

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM
If we're talking this season, then probably Kyle Emanuel (NDSU). I know a lot of you guys are going with offense for your teams, but we actually have a decent offense (that will only get better over the next couple of years)...it's the defense that's the problem.
If we're talking down the road...not sure, maybe someone like Derek Rivers (YSU) or Brett McMakin (UNI)...both are young and look pretty solid on defense...although really we'd probably need a good young DB more than someone up on the line, but I'm not sure who that would be. Tyson Graham (USD) has the most tackles for a DB, but I think that's more because so many plays against USD got past the front line and into the secondary than due to pure skill on his part. So, maybe someone like Travis Starks (ISUb) or Tim Kilfoy (UNI)...both good DBs that will be playing their senior seasons next year.

So, I guess if I had to pick one player we could "steal" for next year, I'd probably go with Travis Starks. We need someone who can help break up the passing game and he can do that pretty well and will be a Senior next year.

Daytripper
December 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Zach Conque from SFA. He did not show well against UNI, but he is the QB that we are missing.

Panther-State
December 5th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Zach Conque from SFA. He did not show well against UNI, but he is the QB that we are missing.

That is one tough kid. Really talented too obviously. He simply got a bit reckless with his running and tried to bowl over an All-MVFC linebacker one too many times. He ran right over Jake Farley early in the game, just an embarrassingly punishing blow by the QB, but he tried it again later in the game and Jake put a decent lick on him. I think he actually dislocated his shoulder or did something because he didn't start the 2nd half and they had Conque pads off and wrapped up once it became apparent what the end result would be. Hope he is alright.

dewey
December 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
This one is simple for me I would steal Xavier Williams from UNI. You add this beast to our formidable Dline already and you get QB's and RB's curled up in the fetal position refusing to play! xlolx I am overjoyed that he graduates this year and DJ as well!

I would agree with ^^^^ Offensively the Bison are good enough to win another NC but to add a force in the middle such as Xavier Williams would shut down any running game and add a force up the middle on passing situations. The next spot I would add would maybe be an big mean offensive lineman like NDSU had last year in Billy Turner or Tyler Gimmestad.

Dewey

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 5th, 2014, 10:32 AM
that quarterback kid down in philly

veinup
December 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
cooper

Evolution Prime
December 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Kyle Emanuel from NDSU. Dude is a beast.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM
We dont need anyone, maybe a kicker

If I have to pick I would say Emanual he is a game changer

THE HERD
December 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I would agree with ^^^^ Offensively the Bison are good enough to win another NC but to add a force in the middle such as Xavier Williams would shut down any running game and add a force up the middle on passing situations. The next spot I would add would maybe be an big mean offensive lineman like NDSU had last year in Billy Turner or Tyler Gimmestad.

Dewey

Exactly what I was thinking......our D would be so strong with Williams, we would only need to score 10-13 a game in most cases to win! In a question like this I would always go with Defense, unless you have a real crappy QB or LT then I may go offense.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 5th, 2014, 10:47 AM
The Little League coach in me wants to answer..."no way to know until I've had a look at the Moms"

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
The Little League coach in me wants to answer..."no way to know until I've had a look at the Moms"

REP!

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
We dont need anyone, maybe a kicker

If I have to pick I would say Emanual he is a game changer

Reading is not your strong suit

3rd Coast Tiger
December 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Alcorn State's quarterback John Gibbs, Jr. who is a Houstonian (Booker T. Washington HS). He would have won at least another 3 games for us.

http://www.alcornsports.com/images/2013/8/20/headshot_1__3_John_Gibbs,_Jr53.53.jpg

Good luck in tomorrow's SWAC Championship game Mr. Gibbs!

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Put Robertson on the UNH offense and UNH would be scary. I think the only thing this team lacks is a legit QB. Hopefully Goldrich proves me wrong this year.

Bill
December 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Fordham's QB to Lehigh!

Panther88
December 5th, 2014, 11:19 AM
We competed against Mac this past fall. They were the ONLY impressive team I saw PVAMU on the field w/.

One as in single unit: McNeese St's entire OL.
And DL.
And defensive secondary.
And WR corps.
And QBs.
And LBs.
:(

lionsrking2
December 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I'd take Gus Johnson.

Nova09
December 5th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Whoever the first team all conference place kicker was.

Maybe the UNH WR or Tre McBride, I love (almost) all our receivers but none of them give us the downfield threat those guys bring to the table.

Walkon79
December 5th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Who's the best DE returning to the BSC. I want that guy!!

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Chandler curtis. Mercer

melloware13
December 5th, 2014, 01:29 PM
that quarterback kid down in philly

Unless I take him first (race is on)

Go Green
December 5th, 2014, 01:32 PM
For the 2015 season?

Paul Stanton from Harvard. He will be the best RB in the Ivy next season.

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Honestly, probably Alec May from Georgetown, that kid is absolutely no joke. Him or the LB Beyers from Bucknell would be great additions to Fordham's defense.

Sammy94
December 5th, 2014, 01:52 PM
DE - Jonathan Woodard from UCA

Mocs123
December 5th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Karel Hamilton - Samford. He may be the best receiver in the league for a while.

Honorable Mention:

Chandler Curtis - Mercer
The two Robinson WRs from WCU
Cory Magwood - Furman
Carl Ryder - Furman (hurt this year )

grizband
December 5th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Offensively, Cooper Kupp would be a great WR addition to the Griz.

WestCoastAggie
December 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
If A&T had Howard's outgoing QB McGhee, A&T would have played Richmond this past Saturday and would have probably won. That kid needs to invited to someone's NFL Rookie Camp.

Bisonator
December 5th, 2014, 03:29 PM

This^^^^. Definitely our biggest weakness.

HailSzczur
December 5th, 2014, 04:15 PM
John Carpenter of WM or Patrick Toole of Albany.

We would have beaten Cuse, and probably be undefeated (and #1 seed) if we had a decent kicking game.

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 04:21 PM
This is going to sound weird, but remember the offense UNI pretends to run…

Perish, Sumner, etc… are all very nice passers.

I would take Kierra Harris for this UNI team in a second

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FargoBison
December 5th, 2014, 04:38 PM
David Johnson would be my pick.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2014, 04:52 PM
David Johnson would be my pick.

Me too!!!!

superman7515
December 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Jeff Bourne... He's more of a player than Eric Ziady.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Xavier Williams from UNI. He would make NDSU's defense even better.

Rjones61
December 5th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Mario Jenkins from Idaho State. He is very talented, only a freshman, and we could use that speed and tenacity in our LB corps next year.

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Dalyn Williams of Dartmouth. Harvard will need a stud QB next year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Offensively, Cooper Kupp would be a great WR addition to the Griz.

Disagree, he would be the #2 option behind Henderson if he comes back. He is on par with Jones and Ewu will see that tomorrow. BTW Kupp is going to fumble a ball tomorrow

grizband
December 5th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Disagree, he would be the #2 option behind Henderson if he comes back. He is on par with Jones and Ewu will see that tomorrow. BTW Kupp is going to fumble a ball tomorrow
Alpha,I don't really disagree...just couldn't think of many offensive players from the conference I would rather have. Had you asked me five weeks ago, my answer would have been different.

McNeese75
December 5th, 2014, 10:58 PM

Same for us

Jason Svoboda
December 6th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Gonna pick on for both sides of the ball.

Offense: Zenner, SDSU. Think if we had a homerun hitter in the backfield, our passing game would be better.

Defense: Emmanuel, NDSU. Would love to have a bookend for Conner Underwood.

Redbird Recon
December 6th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Tim Kilfoy
Safety
UNI

Cleets
December 6th, 2014, 02:04 AM

Henderson isn't even going to get a sniff on a practice squad at the next level and Kupp will get drafted...