PDA

View Full Version : 2014-15 FBS transfers thread

bjtheflamesfan
December 2nd, 2014, 11:51 PM
http://m.newsadvance.com/sports/cavaliers/virginia-qb-watford-transferring/article_db3626fb-572c-56f1-899c-3085cb3dc573.html?mode=jqm

thought I'd kick off the annual announcement of FBS players looking for new homes

APaladindad
December 3rd, 2014, 12:00 AM
http://m.newsadvance.com/sports/cavaliers/virginia-qb-watford-transferring/article_db3626fb-572c-56f1-899c-3085cb3dc573.html?mode=jqm

thought I'd kick off the annual announcement of FBS players looking for new homes

All the UAB football team underclassmen will be looking for new teams!

clenz
December 3rd, 2014, 07:43 AM
They can go fbs and not have to sit

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kdinva
December 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?165783-Virginia-Cavaliers-losing-yet-another-QB

(a supplement thread).

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
Idaho QB Chad Chalich to Montana

I'd assume that's it for us considering the number of commits we already have

BEAR
December 3rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Sammy is looking for a few dozen more trannys.... Their HAS to be one more scholly available somewhere! xscanxxscanxxscanx

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM
Well UNH will have zero FBS transfers by next season. While I don't mind the philosophy at all, I really wish they could make an exception if a kicker wanted to transfer, god knows we could use one.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Sammy is looking for a few dozen more trannys.... Their HAS to be one more scholly available somewhere! xscanxxscanxxscanx

I wouldn't count on many. We aren't losing many folks and this coaching staff will have more than 4 days to recruit their own players.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2014, 08:04 AM
That being said, I'm not a big fan but there has been Kenny Hill rumors.

PAllen
December 4th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't count on many. We aren't losing many folks and this coaching staff will have more than 4 days to recruit their own players.

But it is KC "Can't Have A Recruiting Class Without A Couple Of FBS Transfers" Keeler after all.

Go Green
December 4th, 2014, 09:08 AM

Harvard got a QB who turned down a scholarship to UAB a few weeks before the announcement that the program was disbanding.

That's a smart kid.

kdinva
December 4th, 2014, 09:10 AM
But it is KC "Can't Have A Recruiting Class Without A Couple Of FBS Transfers" Keeler after all.

xlolx

underdawg
December 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM
bump---it all starts for transfers Dec. 17

Daytripper
December 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM

Like somebody said previously: Transfers gonna transfer. You play against them or you can try to get them on your team. Except NDSU, who shant stain the purity of their program with ruffians who snubbed them in the first place.

THE HERD
December 4th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Like somebody said previously: Transfers gonna transfer. You play against them or you can try to get them on your team. Except NDSU, who shant stain the purity of their program with ruffians who snubbed them in the first place.

Gotta admit that made me chuckle a little bit. We have hardly taken any FBS transfers historically, but our second string RB King Frazier came from Nebraska and we did recruit him out of high school. Thats the main reason we took him, because we were very familiar with him through the recruiting process. The only othere FBS transfer I can think of off the top of my head was Tony Stauss QB from Northwestern, but we were technically still DII then....Stauss was the QB when we went into Missoula and stunned the then 2nd ranked Griz I believe. He lost his starting job to Walker who was a very good QB for us through the transition years.

Texas
December 4th, 2014, 07:11 PM

You sure do have a hard on for us don't you? Every thread you comment about our transfers. Sorry nobody wants to go to UCA again.

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM

Now thats funny. You are wrong but funny none the less.

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Gotta admit that made me chuckle a little bit. We have hardly taken any FBS transfers historically, but our second string RB King Frazier came from Nebraska and we did recruit him out of high school. Thats the main reason we took him, because we were very familiar with him through the recruiting process. The only othere FBS transfer I can think of off the top of my head was Tony Stauss QB from Northwestern, but we were technically still DII then....Stauss was the QB when we went into Missoula and stunned the then 2nd ranked Griz I believe. He lost his starting job to Walker who was a very good QB for us through the transition years.

We had a kid transfer in from Wisconsin a few years back Who lasted a week of pre spring ball work out? And left. Had
another kid who came in and disappeared also.

THE HERD
December 4th, 2014, 09:53 PM
We had a kid transfer in from Wisconsin a few years back Who lasted a week of pre spring ball work out? And left. Had

I remembered him but didn't bother to mention him, since he was never really part of the program. Didn't he leave because he missed his girlfriend or something like that? Lol Case and point why we don't bring in many FBS transfers.

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Our last 2 QBs have been transfers. Seemed to work

Walkon79
December 4th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Let's see, we need a bandit, DT, Will linebacker, Sam, a couple of corners, And a safety or two. Am I missing anything?

Oh and a Defensive Coordinator!

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I remembered him but didn't bother to mention him, since he was never really part of the program. Didn't he leave because he missed his girlfriend or something like that? Lol Case and point why we don't bring in many FBS transfers.

Transfers need to bring alot to the table and leave the FBS baggage behind. If they think they are going to waltz in and take over they wont make it at NDSU.

underdawg
December 5th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Transfers need to bring alot to the table and leave the FBS baggage behind. If they think they are going to waltz in and take over they wont make it at NDSU.

I think that is the case for most schools--transfers usually have to admit after practicing with their new FCS squad for a while that the only difference on the field between football in FCS and FBS is that FBS Usually has MORE depth of talent than FCS--because of the scholarship differential.

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I think that is the case for most schools--transfers usually have to admit after practicing with their new FCS squad for a while that the only difference on the field between football in FCS and FBS is that FBS Usually has MORE depth of talent than FCS--because of the scholarship differential.
How many FBS guys going to SEE this offseason?

M Ruler
December 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Albany has two Maryland offensive lineman transfers in the wings. One I think had problems with academics but I heard he is back in the fold.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2014, 08:48 AM

King Frazier from Nebraska is still around though.

FBS transfers are rare at NDSU, but they do happen.

THE HERD
December 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM
King Frazier from Nebraska is still around though.

FBS transfers are rare at NDSU, but they do happen.

Frazier is a little different though, since we actually recruited him out of high school.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2014, 04:31 PM

Pretty spot on.

Rjones61
December 5th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Frazier is a little different though, since we actually recruited him out of high school.

That's not really different. A lot of transfers schools receive were originally recruited out of high school. That is one reason why they transfer to said school.

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 06:10 PM
That's not really different. A lot of transfers schools receive were originally recruited out of high school. That is one reason why they transfer to said school.
Pretty much this.

One of the few times a kid will transfer somewhere he isn't initially recruited is the second college is real close to the first or family in that area