PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Head Coach

McNeese72
November 13th, 2006, 03:17 PM
McNeese had a press conference at 2:30 PM today and took the "interim" off of Coach Matt Viator's title.

So that's now out of the way. We now concentrate on Nicholls St.

Doc

slycat
November 13th, 2006, 03:28 PM
McNeese had a press conference at 2:30 PM today and took the "interim" off of Coach Matt Viator's title.

So that's now out of the way. We now concentrate on Nicholls St.

Doc

how do folks in lake charles fell about Viator being the HC? seems he did a decent job in the second half of the season to get yall back in playoff contention.

McNeese72
November 13th, 2006, 05:32 PM
how do folks in lake charles fell about Viator being the HC? seems he did a decent job in the second half of the season to get yall back in playoff contention.

I don't know about all the others but I'm happy as a bug in a rug. Matt grew up with coaching. He plays with the X's and the O's in his spare time, he loves it so much. That's why one of the first things he did, when he became interim head coach, was change the practice schedule to give the players off Monday and having a short walk through practice Friday instead. That was to give him and his coaching staff more time to game plan.

And talking with the players and players parents, the players have responded very positively to him and his changes he has implemented.

Also, getting rid of the "interim" this early will help us keep from having other schools use that against us during recruiting.

Doc

Freightliner
November 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I don't know about all the others but I'm happy as a bug in a rug. Matt grew up with coaching. He plays with the X's and the O's in his spare time, he loves it so much. That's why one of the first things he did, when he became interim head coach, was change the practice schedule to give the players off Monday and having a short walk through practice Friday instead. That was to give him and his coaching staff more time to game plan.

And talking with the players and players parents, the players have responded very positively to him and his changes he has implemented.

Also, getting rid of the "interim" this early will help us keep from having other schools use that against us during recruiting.

Doc

Congrats....I think you guys are on the right track back to being a force in the SLC.

Now if you can just get rid of that nitwit of an Athletic Director.:nod:

McNeese72
November 13th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats....I think you guys are on the right track back to being a force in the SLC.

Now if you can just get rid of that nitwit of an Athletic Director.:nod:

It's closer than you think!! :smiley_wi

Doc

Retro
November 13th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Matt is the right man for the job.. He's proved it the last few weeks especially.. He's very professional, organized and disciplined... He will elevate the program on and off the field..:thumbsup:

mikebigg
November 13th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Congrats...it should be a smooth transition. The team's record indicates that the team responded to him in a positive manner. Our new AD is a McNeese grad, when yall get your new AD hopefully they can work out some kind of home and home and build up to a good rivalry game.

McNeese75
November 13th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Congrats...it should be a smooth transition. The team's record indicates that the team responded to him in a positive manner. Our new AD is a McNeese grad, when yall get your new AD hopefully they can work out some kind of home and home and build up to a good rivalry game.

That would be nice :thumbsup:

Matt is doing a great job and should bring the Cowboys back to their "Old Guard" status :D

JohnStOnge
November 14th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Viator being hired is what I was hoping for. Main reason is continuity. I think McNeese has done a good job of establishing recruiting relationships, etc., and I was really worried about what a complete change would do to that situation.

McTailGator
November 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM

I have a good idea,
Let's trade AD's and join the same conference.

GrizFamily
November 15th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Good for McNeese and for the athletic program for McTeam.