PDA

View Full Version : Montana Coaching Search

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/four-candidates-in-hunt-to-succeed-delaney/article_9ee5bcbd-5ab2-53f7-aec2-3d2063cd46bc.html

Just read the article. I don't even know what to think. Leave EWU and go to Montana? :O

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Didn't read it but will later but just going off your post I'll make an assumption and ask this. If you were BB and you had brought a go kart along enough to make it compete with the drag cars when they are being driven at not near the level they could be what would you think to yourself?

"Ah, I'm gonna stick with this go cart and hope they don't find a better driver soon."

"I'm one hell of a driver, I wonder how fast I could make that dragster go..."

We'll be just fine with our next driver wheter it is BB or not BB. Montana is a complete program.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Didn't read it but will later but just going off your post I'll make an assumption and ask this. If you were BB and you had brought a go kart along enough to make it compete with the drag cars when they are being driven at not near the level they could be what would you think to yourself?

"Ah, I'm gonna stick with this go cart and hope they don't find a better driver soon."

"I'm one hell of a driver, I wonder how fast I could make that dragster go..."

We'll be just fine with our next driver wheter it is BB or not BB. Montana is a complete program.

I see exactly what you're saying. I personally think that what BB is doing at EWU is amazing, considering the funding and support they have at EWU. I personally think he would make a great coach at UM, and would make them a force to be reckoned with even MORE in the Sky. EWU better hope UM doesn't toss a huge contract at him, if he seriously applied for the job.

GetEmGriz
December 2nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
I see exactly what you're saying. I personally think that what BB is doing at EWU is amazing, considering the funding and support they have at EWU. I personally think he would make a great coach at UM, and would make them a force to be reckoned with even MORE in the Sky. EWU better hope UM doesn't toss a huge contract at him, if he seriously applied for the job.

Beau Baldwin would do great things at UM. With all the new facility improvements that are going to put the UM program light years ahead of the rest of the Big Sky, I can see how a coach like Baldwin would find this coaching position attractive.

dewey
December 2nd, 2014, 03:17 PM
Here are some questions for you EWU and MT fans in the know.

1. Does BB have anything in his current contract about leaving for another Big Sky school (i.e. big contract buyout?).
2. How much does BB make at EWU right now? BB makes $152K at EWU for the 2013 season.

Here is the link.

http://data.spokesman.com/salaries/state/2014/all-employees/?q=baldwin

3. How much did Mick Delaney at MT? MD made $162K at MT for 2013 and $164K for 2014.
Here is the link for the 2013 salary.
http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/regents-approve-pay-raises-for-um-msu-coaches/article_73e0801e-042a-11e2-87fc-0019bb2963f4.html

Here is the link for hte 2014 salary.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/grizzlies-extend-delaney-s-contract-through/article_cbf0018e-40ee-5c67-945e-6f9e9d5bf810.html

4. Is BB's current contract public record since he is technically a public employee? If so can anyone in the know find it?
5. With the way EWU has been humming along the last few years why would he leave EWU who has a great shot to win a NC this season and potentially next year for a MT that is not the once dominant force they once were?

The money is slightly better at MT compared to EWU but if he keeps winning the big schools have would have no problem hiring a coach from EWU or MT. I still think this is more or less a lateral move. The money is slightly better and MT has more tradition, better fan support but EWU has been better the last 5 years (No smack intended). The move to MT might have slight more reward but I think the risk is higher then the reward on this one.

I would be surprised to see BB leave a good thing at EWU for a more unknown commodity at MT versus waiting for a bigger FBS job to open up and make the jump from EWU.

Dewey

GetEmGriz
December 2nd, 2014, 03:23 PM

1. Does BB have anything in his current contract about leaving for another Big Sky school (i.e. big contract buyout?).
2. How much does BB make at EWU right now?
3. How much did Mick Delaney at MT?
4. Is BB's current contract public record since he is technically a public employee? If so can anyone in the know find it?
5. With the way EWU has been humming along the last few years why would he leave EWU who has a great shot to win a NC this season and potentially next year for a MT that is not the once dominant force they once were?

The money might be slightly better at MT compared to EWU but if he keeps winning the big schools have would have no problem hiring a coach from EWU or MT. I still think this is more or less a lateral move. Yes I know MT has been historically a better program and might offer more money but is it really significantly better?

I would be surprised to see BB leave a good thing at EWU for a more unknown commodity at MT versus waiting for a bigger FBS job to open up and make the jump from EWU.

Dewey

I can't answer many of your questions on your list, but I would assume that a coach would choose to go to Montana because Montana IS a known commodity. I think more FBS programs know about Montana's success than they do EWU's, thus broadening a coach's chances at being looked at if he has success at Montana. Not trying to throw smack, it's just easier to get noticed when you have more tools to work with.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Simple answer dewey.

The (fake) grass is literally greener at UM.

dewey
December 2nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Simple answer dewey.

The (fake) grass is literally greener at UM.

LOL! Not too many instances in life can you say for 100% certainty that the grass is definitely greener on the other side but this is certainly one. Maybe his eyes are getting sore from that god awful red field.

Dewey

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Beau Baldwin would do great things at UM. With all the new facility improvements that are going to put the UM program light years ahead of the rest of the Big Sky, I can see how a coach like Baldwin would find this coaching position attractive.

It is not unprecedented for good coaches to cross over to a conference rival.. Clint Conque just did it when he left U of Central Arkansas for SFA. Not saying he is as successful as BB is, but he is a good coach and saw a better opportunity in Nacogdoches. I don't think it is out of the question for BB, but it would take a sweet pay raise I imagine.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 03:35 PM
LOL! Not too many instances in life can you say for 100% certainty that the grass is definitely greener on the other side but this is certainly one. Maybe his eyes are getting sore from that god awful red field.

Dewey

I don't even think there is a question on that one. EWU will have to pony up some good cash now for him to stay and have to keep looking at those surroundings and that field...as they should.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
DAMNIT KALM!!!

How hard I gotta bait this hook brother! xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 03:38 PM
Klieman at NDSU us another instance.

Hell look at the coaches in the MVFC and you'll see many times coaches have moved around in conference.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

tomq04
December 2nd, 2014, 03:38 PM
I have read, take this lightly since I have no way of finding my sources...that the assistants could use some loving...I doubt he would move for his salary to MT(not that big of a difference), but perhaps if he was helping out his whole staff it might be considered.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Klieman at NDSU us another instance.

Hell look at the coaches in the MVFC and you'll see many times coaches have moved around in conference.

To be fair Klieman left when he was an assistant at UNI for an assistant job and not the head coach taking another head coaching position. I get what you are saying though.

However, just today Ole Miss locked up Huge Freeze so that he didn't go to Florida. That would be a very similar situation, and I would think if Montana was really trying to get him that EWU might want to pony up a little more cash to keep him.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 03:45 PM
To be fair Klieman left when he was an assistant at UNI for an assistant job and not the head coach taking another head coaching position. I get what you are saying though.

However, just today Ole Miss locked up Huge Freeze so that he didn't go to Florida. That would be a very similar situation, and I would think if Montana was really trying to get him that EWU might want to pony up a little more cash to keep him.
That and the point tom mentioned might also be on the table for EWU to ppny up on as well.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM

Klieman was getting paid more at NDSU. I don't think he would have taken the job if it weren't more lucrative.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
If UM really wants BB, can EWU really win in a bidding war?

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Klieman was getting paid more at NDSU. I don't think he would have taken the job if it weren't more lucrative.

I know that. My whole point was I don't think comparing a coordinator leaving one conference school for another to a head coach leaving one conference school to another is apples to apples.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
as I said in the other thread, if Bobby Hauck shows even a hint of interest in going back to Missoula, they should schedule the press conference about 10 minutes after.

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2014, 04:40 PM
I'd take Baldwin over Hauck any day of the....anything. Ever.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2014, 04:41 PM
I'd take Baldwin over Hauck any day of the....anything. Ever.

I would too, but as long as he doesn't bring RP with him I could probably live with it.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hauck's coming back and he's bringing BB as OC and grabbing Breske as DC. Baldwin really wants in on this Griz thing and who can blame him.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Not me

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2014, 07:30 PM
For what it's worth, they just stated on the local ESPN broadcast that Beau Baldwin said at practice on the record today that he will not be leaving EWU to coach at another FCS school.

What's interesting is that he did not say he is not leaving...just not to another FCS school. I will try to post a link when there is written confirmation of this. I wonder if EWU has already stepped up financially to lock him in.

In any case, it's funny to see his name come up in the Montana media. I feel like it's more a tactic from Grizzly fans and faithful to produce some distraction to this game. I guess that's the conspiracy theorist in me coming out. If so, that would be a heck of a tactic, lol!

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM
https://twitter.com/willsherratt

So, that Beau Baldwin to Montana talk? He says Eastern is "The only FCS school where I'll coach." @700espn @EWUAthletics #goeags

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
If UM really wants BB, can EWU really win in a bidding war?

Who knows. But UM will not win the bidding war over most P5 assistant coach positions, so something on the next level is really what they'd be competing with. And many of those assistant coaching positions pay as well to much better. But I really see Baldwin getting a HC position for close to a mil as his next job. Why would he settle for UM when that is clearly a possibility when looking at the career path of other successful FCS coaches?

veinup
December 2nd, 2014, 07:38 PM
I don't see UM flexing too hard in any sort of "bidding war" for a new head coach..

kalm
December 2nd, 2014, 07:46 PM
Who knows. But UM will not win the bidding war over most P5 assistant coach positions, so something on the next level is really what they'd be competing with. And many of those assistant coaching positions pay as well to much better. But I really see Baldwin getting a HC position for close to a mil as his next job. Why would he settle for UM when that is clearly a possibility when looking at the career path of other successful FCS coaches?

For instance, if Mac leaves CSU for Florida or another high profile job?

Griz23
December 2nd, 2014, 07:59 PM

UNLV perhaps....

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2014, 08:08 PM
UNLV perhaps....

Colorado State is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2014, 08:11 PM
For what it's worth, they just stated on the local ESPN broadcast that Beau Baldwin said at practice on the record today that he will not be leaving EWU to coach at another FCS school.

What's interesting is that he did not say he is not leaving...just not to another FCS school. I will try to post a link when there is written confirmation of this. I wonder if EWU has already stepped up financially to lock him in.

In any case, it's funny to see his name come up in the Montana media. I feel like it's more a tactic from Grizzly fans and faithful to produce some distraction to this game. I guess that's the conspiracy theorist in me coming out. If so, that would be a heck of a tactic, lol!

Could have been mere speculation, or it could have been a distraction tactic. Either way, glad he went on record to debunk this rumor.

Griz23
December 2nd, 2014, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Red & Black;2190974]Could have been mere speculation, or it could have been a distraction tactic. Either way, glad he went on record to debunk this rumor.

You should know by now that the Grizzly faithful will do anything to win including misdirection, slight of hand, rumor or innuendo......

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Red & Black;2190974]Could have been mere speculation, or it could have been a distraction tactic. Either way, glad he went on record to debunk this rumor.

You should know by now that the Grizzly faithful will do anything to win including misdirection, slight of hand, rumor or innuendo......

:)

kalm
December 2nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
DAMNIT KALM!!!

How hard I gotta bait this hook brother! xlolx

Dammit!!! I somehow missed this. That's some mighty fine work you did there. You should be guiding on Rock Creek!

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Not that I think BB is coming to UM, but... that sounds like what every coach EVER has said before his move was announced

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'd beat BB is eyeing the CSU job, if anything.

I'm glad NDSU isn't currently on the coaching roundtable...and I hope we can stay this way for at least 5 years. I'm sick of new coaches/ADs in the athletic department, I want to see what these people can do.

dudeitsaid
December 2nd, 2014, 10:06 PM
Not that I think BB is coming to UM, but... that sounds like what every coach EVER has said before his move was announced

I don't disagree. But I don't think he is like that. The guys has more character, IMO, than many, if not most HC's I've seen. And I think if it was the case, he wouldn't have answered the question so unequivocally.

http://www.swxrightnow.com/category/160222/video-landing-page?&clipId=10910451&autostart=true

That being said, I think we've been blessed to have him as long as we have, and the right FBS gig is going to come calling any year. Would love to have him back for one more year at least to see what we can do with VA and Kupp one more time.

That being said, it seems that there are quite a few quality coaches out there for UM to look at, and I have to think they will land someone solid for the position. Hopefully I am wrong about that! xprayx

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2014, 10:07 PM

Maybe. But he sure would look like a complete dick to both schools.

Is Hauck a legit candidate? Seems
far-fetched to me.

Grizzlies82
December 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Could have been mere speculation, or it could have been a distraction tactic. Either way, glad he went on record to debunk this rumor.

Eastern's coach had to speak out.
Questions from his players and administration were getting too intense after we secretly placed the "For Sale" sign in Baldwin's front yard.

melloware13
December 2nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
I hear Bill Clark's available

Cleets
December 3rd, 2014, 01:44 AM
I hear Bill Clark's available

too soon..?

xeyebrowx

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2014, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I'd beat BB is eyeing the CSU job, if anything.

I'm glad NDSU isn't currently on the coaching roundtable...and I hope we can stay this way for at least 5 years. I'm sick of new coaches/ADs in the athletic department, I want to see what these people can do.

If coaches are leaving for better jobs it's not a bad thing. Coaches pay attention and the good ones will be more interested in coming.

Green26
December 3rd, 2014, 09:44 AM
Maybe. But he sure would look like a complete dick to both schools.

Is Hauck a legit candidate? Seems
far-fetched to me.

Hauck is a legit candidate. Wants the job.

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2014, 10:12 AM

The more I think about it, the more I believe Hauck will be back. It's too coincidental that he announced his resignation at UNLV a week after Delaney announced his retirement, especially when he had two more years on his contract. I think having Hauck back at Montana would be great for the program. His teams had a fire and confidence believing they would win every game and kick anybody's ass.

Grizcountry420
December 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Montana needs to look past BH. You don't start dating your ex that you had been with for 7 years and had been broken up for the last 5... It doesnt work!

Grizcountry420
December 3rd, 2014, 10:21 AM
The more I think about it, the more I believe Hauck will be back. It's too coincidental that he announced his resignation at UNLV a week after Delaney announced his retirement, especially when he had two more years on his contract. I think having Hauck back at Montana would be great for the program. His teams had a fire and confidence believing they would win every game and kick anybody's ass.

"In 2009, he became the subject of national controversy when he refused to take questions from the school newspaper the Montana Kaimin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Kaimin#2000s) following the paper's story about an alleged assault by two Grizzly football players.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck#cite_note-Moy-11) During Hauck's tenure, the Montana Kaimin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Kaimin#2000s) reported 11 separate violent incidents involving Grizzly football players. Charges against student athletes ranged from assault to domestic violence to murder. It is of note that the murder charge resulted in a full acquittal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck

Are we not trying to get past this type of culture at Montana?

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
His teams had a fire and confidence believing they would win every game and kick anybody's ass.

they also liked robbing people

edit: Grizcountry beat me to it.

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
"In 2009, he became the subject of national controversy when he refused to take questions from the school newspaper the Montana Kaimin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Kaimin#2000s) following the paper's story about an alleged assault by two Grizzly football players.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck#cite_note-Moy-11) During Hauck's tenure, the Montana Kaimin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Kaimin#2000s) reported 11 separate violent incidents involving Grizzly football players. Charges against student athletes ranged from assault to domestic violence to murder. It is of note that the murder charge resulted in a full acquittal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hauck

Are we not trying to get past this type of culture at Montana?

And I'll raise you with this --> http://www.unlvrebelyell.com/2014/12/01/bobby-hauck-was-a-class-act-with-student-reporters/

Bobby Hauck has probably gone through some personal growth since the issue with the kaimin in regard to speaking with the media. And as for the conduct issues, he's not a baby sitter. Every player that got into trouble was punished. It also sounds like he ran a very clean ship at UNLV. Bobby isn't a bad guy that everyone makes him out to be. Sit down with him and you'll find he's one of the most genuinely nice guys who loves the Griz and the University of Montana.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
And I'll raise you with this --> http://www.unlvrebelyell.com/2014/12/01/bobby-hauck-was-a-class-act-with-student-reporters/

Bobby Hauck has probably gone through some personal growth since the issue with the kaimin in regard to speaking with the media. And as for the conduct issues, he's not a baby sitter. Every player that got into trouble was punished. It also sounds like he ran a very clean ship at UNLV. Bobby isn't a bad guy that everyone makes him out to be. Sit down with him and you'll find he can be one of the most genuinely nice guys who loves the Griz and the University of Montana.

I changed the wording slightly to reflect my personal take on it but your sentence at the end is very spot on with the edit made. That nice guy thing is a 50/50 shot depending on mood...like with most of us.

Grizcountry420
December 3rd, 2014, 11:03 AM

Bobby Hauck has probably gone through some personal growth since the issue with the kaimin in regard to speaking with the media. And as for the conduct issues, he's not a baby sitter. Every player that got into trouble was punished. It also sounds like he ran a very clean ship at UNLV. Bobby isn't a bad guy that everyone makes him out to be. Sit down with him and you'll find he's one of the most genuinely nice guys who loves the Griz and the University of Montana.

He may have changed his attitude but the bad always out weighs the good....

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Montana needs to look past BH. You don't start dating your ex that you had been with for 7 years and had been broken up for the last 5... It doesnt work!

What if the ex is a bi-sexual hot blond milf, with a huge rack, few opinions, and in her prime.

What then, huh?

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 11:07 AM
I'd be fine with the return of Bobby. In fact of the four people named in that article I'd take Bobby over the rest. I would have some concerns, but I'd take him back for sure..this may just be nostalgia speaking.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
He may have changed his attitude but the bad always out weighs the good....

No, not really. If someone learns and grows and discards former childishness then it's done as far as most are concerned until it reappears if it does. You've made mistakes, you've probably grown from some of them. It's how people work. There is likely very few professions that one would self reflect on mistakes made than a coach would seem to go through.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
huge rack

You could have taken care of that in 8 letters. Stop being such a damn blowhard.

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 11:11 AM
You could have taken care of that in 8 letters. Stop being such a damn blowhard.

Sorry to go all "Clenz" on ya, homey.

Grizcountry420
December 3rd, 2014, 11:18 AM
No, not really. If someone learns and grows and discards former childishness then it's done as far as most are concerned until it reappears if it does. You've made mistakes, you've probably grown from some of them. It's how people work. There is likely very few professions that one would self reflect on mistakes made than a coach would seem to go through.

I agree. Im just saying that the bad stuff is always over shadowed by the good stuff a guy does in his life and i also believe you shouldn't have to be a babysitter when you are paid to be a coach.

I just want Montana to look past Bobby and bring in a new face.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
I agree. Im just saying that the bad stuff is always over shadowed by the good stuff a guy does in his life and i also believe you shouldn't have to be a babysitter when you are paid to be a coach.

I just want Montana to look past Bobby and bring in a new face.

I can see that but if he's better and can recruit as he did back then and run his system (which was very similiar to what Bohl did at NDSU) then I'd be really OK with the possible hire.

Big, well coached OL. Check
Big, fast, furious DL, fast dude's with attitudes at LB, one really good guy in the secondary. Check.
Special teams that you enjoy watching play. Check.

We could do a lot worse is all I'm getting at and with a couple of new tools to help his recruiting efforts I'd think we'd be moving in the right direction.

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 11:32 AM
I can see that but if he's better and can recruit as he did back then and run his system (which was very similiar to what Bohl did at NDSU) then I'd be really OK with the possible hire.

Big, well coached OL. Check
Big, fast, furious DL, fast dude's with attitudes at LB, one really good guy in the secondary. Check.
Special teams that you enjoy watching play. Check.

We could do a lot worse is all I'm getting at and with a couple of new tools to help his recruiting efforts I'd think we'd be moving in the right direction.

well said.

Red & Black
December 3rd, 2014, 06:37 PM

Is this from the same folks who said Baldwin was a legit candidate? Just wondering, because that seemed far fetched to most folks outside the state of Montana.

I think if he is interested, and Montana wants him, it's probably a good hire. He's already demonstrated Montana is somewhere he can win at.

That said, I am wondering if people are going to be able to look past all his indiscretions while he was there...especially considering all the problems there that Delaney had to clean up.

Thunderstruck
December 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Florida hires McElwain
Nebraska hires Mike Riley
BB to either Colorado St or Oregon St?
Montana going to try make a big splash with a big name? I hear Hoke, Pelini, Butch Davis, Muschamp are all available. :)

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Florida hires McElwain
Nebraska hires Mike Riley
BB to either Colorado St or Oregon St?
Montana going to try make a big splash with a big name? I hear Hoke, Pelini, Butch Davis, Muschamp are all available. :)

Harbaugh. Book it.

THE HERD
December 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
If I was Montana I wouldn't hire BB even if he was interested, which I doubt he is and here is my reason. BB would only be at Montana for maybe a couple years and he would move on as soon as he could to a FBS program. I would hire back Hauck, because he has gone through the FBS crap and has gotten it out of his system and would be very likely to stay at Montana for a long time. He would only leave for a respectable to very good FBS program in my opinion, because he now realizes programs such as UNLV are never going to be turned around and its just not worth it. I would think BH would have a lot of support from the fan base to come back....am I right MT fans? You guys were very succesful under him and he's a MT guy. Haucks teams were a lot like NDSU's teams of the last four years....smash mouth running game and great defense. What do ya think MT fans?? I think its quite the coincidence that Hauck quit not long after MT announced they were looking for a new HC, I believe just that lets ya know he is interested in returning. What say you?

Daytripper
December 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Harbaugh. Book it.

Jerry Glanville

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Jim "Playoffs?!?!?" Mora or Denny "Crown their ass!" Green

GetEmGriz
December 4th, 2014, 03:46 PM
If I was Montana I wouldn't hire BB even if he was interested, which I doubt he is and here is my reason. BB would only be at Montana for maybe a couple years and he would move on as soon as he could to a FBS program. I would hire back Hauck, because he has gone through the FBS crap and has gotten it out of his system and would be very likely to stay at Montana for a long time. He would only leave for a respectable to very good FBS program in my opinion, because he now realizes programs such as UNLV are never going to be turned around and its just not worth it. I would think BH would have a lot of support from the fan base to come back....am I right MT fans? You guys were very succesful under him and he's a MT guy. Haucks teams were a lot like NDSU's teams of the last four years....smash mouth running game and great defense. What do ya think MT fans?? I think its quite the coincidence that Hauck quit not long after MT announced they were looking for a new HC, I believe just that lets ya know he is interested in returning. What say you?

I've said it before, and I'll say it 100 more times... I'm all for bringing back Bobby Ball to UM! xnodx

veinup
December 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it 100 more times... I'm all for bringing back Bobby Ball to UM! xnodx

now if we could just get lex hilliard to suit up again...

NDSUtk
December 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM
My money is on Ditka!

tomq04
December 4th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Ryan Leaf just got released from prison... seems like a good first job out of the slammer.

Hammerhead
December 4th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Bo Pelini is available.

NDSUtk
December 5th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Ryan Leaf just got released from prison... seems like a good first job out of the slammer.

And boy is he looking rough...

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2014, 10:41 AM
A list of people that wont be the head coach at UM

Hauck
Baldwin
Gesser
Smith
Pflugrad
Kramer (Same reason as Hauck)

And any of the same 5 *****i*g names you guys pull out every three years when our coaching position comes open.

In fact the guys that are on Haslams list only one has been mentioned in this thread.

jcu27
December 5th, 2014, 12:32 PM

Hauck
Baldwin
Gesser
Smith
Pflugrad

And any of the same 5 *****i*g names you guys pull out every three years when our coaching position comes open.

In fact the guys that are on Haslams list only one has been mentioned in this thread.

Ryan Leaf? Lol

ysubigred
December 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
now if we could just get lex hilliard to suit up again...

Damnn!! I thought he was still there? Red Shirt SR!? LOL!! He was at UM long enough to retire :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Better hurry up. As soon as Baldwin gets the Oregon State job, there will be another opening in the BSC and you'll have some competition.

GetEmGriz
December 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Better hurry up. As soon as Baldwin gets the Oregon State job, there will be another opening in the BSC and you'll have some competition.

I have a feeling whoever is going to be UM's next head coach has already been hired or is in the process of being hired, but won't be announced until after the playoffs. Hopefully it'll be announced in January instead of December. xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Damnn!! I thought he was still there? Red Shirt SR!? LOL!! He was at UM long enough to retire :D

Well, he did miss an entire season due to an ACL tear...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM

We will? Where do you think it will come from?

Green Laser
December 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM
We will? Where do you think it will come from?

Portland Statexcoffeex

veinup
December 5th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Portland Statexcoffeex

TOUCHE!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2014, 08:36 PM
No way Oregon State is dumb enough to hire Baldwin, get real. They would want a quality proven coach not an OC like Baldwin.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM

Hauck
Baldwin
Gesser
Smith
Pflugrad

Add Klieman to the list..... :D

citdog
December 5th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Would Joe Mogila not be a good choice?

Grizzlies82
December 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM

Citdog, based on what he has done at Coastal, I'd say he would be an excellent choice.

Red & Black
December 6th, 2014, 10:25 PM

2. How much does BB make at EWU right now? BB makes $152K at EWU for the 2013 season.

Here is the link.

http://data.spokesman.com/salaries/state/2014/all-employees/?q=baldwin

3. How much did Mick Delaney at MT? MD made $162K at MT for 2013 and $164K for 2014.
Here is the link for the 2013 salary.
http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/regents-approve-pay-raises-for-um-msu-coaches/article_73e0801e-042a-11e2-87fc-0019bb2963f4.html

Here is the link for hte 2014 salary.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/grizzlies-extend-delaney-s-contract-through/article_cbf0018e-40ee-5c67-945e-6f9e9d5bf810.html

The money is slightly better at MT compared to EWU but if he keeps winning the big schools have would have no problem hiring a coach from EWU or MT. I still think this is more or less a lateral move. The money is slightly better and MT has more tradition, better fan support but EWU has been better the last 5 years (No smack intended). The move to MT might have slight more reward but I think the risk is higher then the reward on this one.

Dewey

This came out in the Spokesman Review today. It appears Baldwin makes more base salary at Eastern than Delaney does at Montana. Personally, I think this whole thing was baseless and something that was deliberately leaked by someone to serve as a distraction leading up to the game.

"while Baldwin had a base salary of $166,420, according to records obtained this week from EWU Human Resource Services."

http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2014/dec/04/ewu-coach-beau-baldwin-mentioned-strong-candidate-/

mvemjsunpx
December 6th, 2014, 11:34 PM

He'd be a good choice, just a totally unrealistic one. Does anyone really think a rich ex-CEO is gonna leave Golf Land for a non-marquis job?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 6th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Here is the skinny from a guy on www.maroonblood.com he seems to be in the know on a lot of things.

http://www.stitthappensfootball.com/

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Football Scoop (I know, I know) is reporting Bob Stitt is the leading candidate.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 11th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Football Scoop (I know, I know) is reporting Bob Stitt is the leading candidate.

That one you can probably have some confidence in.

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2014, 06:47 PM

I believe Stitt may be "a candidate", but there is no reason to believe he is the "leading candidate".

The amount of information coming out of the University is zero. The only thing which has been actually stated is that the AD hopes to have made a decision before Christmas. Other than that there has been no news. Nothing about any official candidates, nor who is a leading one. I'd put the accuracy of the reports from Scoop up there with the endless threads over on eGriz. All of them are possible yet few are probable.