PDA

View Full Version : Ok AGS.. Choose sides! Lafayette or Lehigh?

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Who is going to win THE GAME this weekend.. the most played, 142 times.. and who will win the auto-bid to make the playoffs. It has been this way the past three years!

Even though we are both not as strong as last year, still will be a heck of a game!

Who will it be?

OL FU
November 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Engineers:nod:

ChickenMan
November 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM
As a UD fan... I say... go Leopards... :D

griz37
November 13th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Since Lafayette was there last year, I am rooting for Lehigh.

th0m
November 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I voted Lehigh, but on second thought I think I'd rather face the Leopards than the Engineers solely based on revenge factor on their part :D

LeopardFan04
November 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Since Lafayette was there last year, I am rooting for Lehigh.

:p

LUHawker
November 13th, 2006, 01:52 PM
LEHIGH!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Based on their S&R, I think Lehigh is the better of the teams and will win.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Lehigh should win.

danefan
November 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Lehigh.....of course.

Makes Albany's season a little bit better!:hurray:

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Comparing common opponents, I'd say Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Lehigh.....of course.

Makes Albany's season a little bit better!:hurray:

I think Lehigh owes a return trip to Albany after the Danes win this year. Would make a great weekend of football and fishing in the Adirondaks. I also wouldn't mind a home and home with Monmouth.

danefan
November 13th, 2006, 05:32 PM
I think Lehigh owes a return trip to Albany after the Danes win this year. Would make a great weekend of football and fishing in the Adirondaks. I also wouldn't mind a home and home with Monmouth.

Haha. I'm trying to get a home & home done with Coastal! I'd love a nice golfing weekend in Myrtle Beach!!!!!!!!!!!

kardplayer
November 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM
The vote right now is Lehigh 28 - Lafayette 10. Sounds like a good final score to me!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
The vote right now is Lehigh 28 - Lafayette 10. Sounds like a good final score to me!

What i like is all the Lehigh people are staying humble. Last year at this time everyone was wondering who Lehigh would hosting and whether or not they would be a seed. The past couple of years there seemed to be an entitlement to this program now it's like it was back in the day when they're trying to gain respect.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Lehigh by 10+. They're a scary team right now.:nod:

ngineer
November 13th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I voted Lehigh, but on second thought I think I'd rather face the Leopards than the Engineers solely based on revenge factor on their part :D

You better believe it. The seniors on this team would be salivating at another shot (howabout 7 shots from the one) at the Dukes. Would make for some great pre-game hype....:thumbsup:

ngineer
November 13th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Who is going to win THE GAME this weekend.. the most played, 142 times.. and who will win the auto-bid to make the playoffs. It has been this way the past three years!

Even though we are both not as strong as last year, still will be a heck of a game!

Who will it be?

As much as I hate looking at that photo, Pard, it is an amazing shot. Who took it?? Actually, I thank you for putting it up...it is great motivational material..gets my 54 year old blood boiling, can't imagine what it does for the players.;)
This game should be great. Armagedon. Looking forward to seeing the finalized new digs. Saw them under construction back in early late August. Can't wait to take a piss in regular restroom!:D

umassfan
November 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
To me it dont matter because either will lose to UMass in round 1.

LacesOut
November 14th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Who will win? Have no idea.

Who do I want? Lafayette!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 08:35 AM
GO PARDS!!!!!!! Great photo of Hurt's TD!!! We got a tough game here. Wonder if the players see they are 70-30 behind in opinion poll?

LU73
November 14th, 2006, 08:36 AM
"Even though we are both not as strong as last year, still will be a heck of a game!" Hmm.............now we know what the Pards think of their team!

cosmo here
November 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM
"Even though we are both not as strong as last year, still will be a heck of a game!" Hmm.............now we know what the Pards think of their team!

last year Lehigh was 12th in the country, this year they're unranked :rolleyes:

cosmo here
November 14th, 2006, 09:02 AM
GO PARDS!!!!!!! Great photo of Hurt's TD!!! We got a tough game here. Wonder if the players see they are 70-30 behind in opinion poll?

who's the guy in the sweatshirt with his hands in the air? what a moment to be on the sidelines, I wish we all could be !!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2006, 09:04 AM
who's the guy in the sweatshirt with his hands in the air? what a moment to be on the sidelines, I wish we all could be !!

I was on the sidelines, standing almost directly behind Eric Rath as he (and most of the Lehigh bench) threw their helmets to the ground in disgust.

(Yeah Cosmo, I bet you would have loved to be on that side of the sidelines too :D )

cosmo here
November 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I was on the sidelines, standing almost directly behind Eric Rath as he (and most of the Lehigh bench) threw their helmets to the ground in disgust.

(Yeah Cosmo, I bet you would have loved to be on that side of the sidelines too :D )

yeah, that would have been awesome !! xsmileyclapx :beerchug:

Lafalumni29
November 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evidently, you don't know. For the past 3 years us Pard fans have been pretty humble about our chances in the game. This year is no different. On the other hand, LU fans have been chalking up a big, PREMATURE "W" for past few years. Since you've lost the last two, I'd be a bit humble if I were you. That seems to be the only way you guys have a chance.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:26 AM
As much as I hate looking at that photo, Pard, it is an amazing shot. Who took it?? Actually, I thank you for putting it up...it is great motivational material..gets my 54 year old blood boiling, can't imagine what it does for the players.;)
This game should be great. Armagedon. Looking forward to seeing the finalized new digs. Saw them under construction back in early late August. Can't wait to take a piss in regular restroom!:D

Ha.. well seeing the opinion poll gets my blood boiling.. still, nobody thinks we can win this thing.... ugh..

The photo editor of the Lafayette took it... she was in the stands taking pictures and I remember thinking (um, you should be on the sidelines). Evidetly she was paying attention and got a good shot.

Two things I dare not post:
1) A great pictuer from the Express-Times last year with the Lehigh players and cheerleaders
2) Tavani's post-game speech, which I have in its entirety on movie.

And yes, you will have some comfortable surroundings to relieve yourself!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM

Ha.. I don't even remember that part... everything after crossing the goaline is a blur.. :rotateh:

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Uh.... yeah... us and Lehigh are on the same plane... :rolleyes: ... just like last year.. and the year before... and the year before.. and the year before...

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 09:30 AM
P4L, I heard Frank's speech as I was on the field after the game. What about the EET pic??? PM me if you have to!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM
P4L, I heard Frank's speech as I was on the field after the game. What about the EET pic??? PM me if you have to!

Cool! The picture is at home and I need to scan it first... but if we win, I'll post it Saturday/Sunday.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Damn I got the EET day after the game..I think I saved it! I STILL have the paper (back then just the Easton Express) from Nov. 22, 1981, the day after the classic 10-3 win in Russo's first year. This year is 25th anniversary. Maybe Bill makes a surprise sideline appearance?

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Damn I got the EET day after the game..I think I saved it! I STILL have the paper (back then just the Easton Express) from Nov. 22, 1981, the day after the classic 10-3 win in Russo's first year. This year is 25th anniversary. Maybe Bill makes a surprise sideline appearance?

Ah, well you are ahead of yourself again PR... the 1988, 1994, and 1992 title teams.. AND Russo.. will be paraded out just before the game.. or halftime.. don't remmeber which...

letsgopards04
November 14th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Lets Go LEOPARDS! Just as security we should bring back Eric Marsh (the Hellertown native) and Tom Costello and with Hurt the 3 headed monster can put 500 yards of rushing on Lehigh.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..............Hawk, it's what's for dinner!!!!

dbackjon
November 14th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I choose Lafayette - what would the U.S. be without him?

dbackjon
November 14th, 2006, 11:08 AM
BTW - how do they pronounce Lafayette in PA? Here in TN, the town of that name (and the street in Nashville) is pronounced La-FAY-ette

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 11:24 AM
BTW - how do they pronounce Lafayette in PA? Here in TN, the town of that name (and the street in Nashville) is pronounced La-FAY-ette

Yeah, that sounds right.

I've heard Laugh-e-ette (no.. dumb TV announcers say it at times)
...La-Fee-ette... yeah it's ok.. many say it
... I say LA-FYE-ette...

65 Pard
November 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM
The correct pronunciation would be LA FA YET, From the French, but I very seldom hear it said that way....too often hear LA FEE YET

Go...gate
November 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I think this is Lehigh's year.

Pard94
November 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
This is perfect...nobody gives us a shot (again:rolleyes: ) We have them exactly where we want them!

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 01:25 PM
LAF-ee-yet is how I say it. I think every state in the nation has a Lafayette except Hawaii! He was INSTRUMENTAL to the victory in the Revoluntary War at only 19 years of age.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
This is perfect...nobody gives us a shot (again:rolleyes: ) We have them exactly where we want them!

The thing last year is the Lehigh people weren't given Lafayette much of a chance. You don't hear Lehigh people talking this year. I think both teams equally have something to prove maybe Lehigh a little more. Losing two straight against Lafayette and they were picked in the pre-season to finish 3rd in the league.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
The thing last year is the Lehigh people weren't given Lafayette much of a chance. You don't hear Lehigh people talking this year. I think both teams equally have something to prove maybe Lehigh a little more. Losing two straight against Lafayette and they were picked in the pre-season to finish 3rd in the league.

Part of that is due to the new coach as well.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Don't care. Would just like to see App get either in a home and home series.

UNHFan99
November 14th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Im goin lafayette because Bill Russo was my coach and I was a prep school teamate of Larry Johnson their kick returner/corner last year.

Pard94
November 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Im goin lafayette because Bill Russo was my coach and I was a prep school teamate of Larry Johnson their kick returner/corner last year.

I played for Coach Russo at Lafayette. He is a good man and was a good coach.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Don't care. Would just like to see App get either in a home and home series.

Why? The Pards nearly dropped Appy's run before it started... you can say we gave you the drive to focus on your next three games... because Appy was not all the impressive the entire game..

..another think before you post example.. :rolleyes:

OhioHen
November 15th, 2006, 11:09 AM
A Lafayette win gives them the autobid at 6-5.

Then we can all be proud that our teams can make the post-season with just 6 wins like the "big boys." xlolx

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
A Lafayette win gives them the autobid at 6-5.

Then we can all be proud that our teams can make the post-season with just 6 wins like the "big boys." xlolx

Eh, yeah.. that's how the ball bounces... PL has not been great this year... we'll be back.

Scary thing is Lehigh is actually only a few plays away from being undefeated :eek:

Losses are...
Albany 17-16
Princeton 14-10
Harvard 35-33 (LU had a big lead too)
Yale 26-20 OT

but heck that's why you play...

Pards have had some close calls... only game we really had no shot was Harvard.. our offense stunk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know if Lehigh bothered to submit a bid to host? The odds of hosting aren't very good, a lot of things would have to happen obviously, but if the $$ is right there's always a chance. Although in terms of importance that is way way down the list, i'm just curious though since some people have Lehigh hosting UNH should we beat Lafayette.

carney2
November 15th, 2006, 08:03 PM
And yes, you will have some comfortable surroundings to relieve yourself!

But not on the visitors side. Still porta-johns over there. Anything to make the Squawks suffer a little more.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM
But not on the visitors side. Still porta-johns over there. Anything to make the Squawks suffer a little more.

Our group is on the Lafayette side. Lehigh's never lost when i sat on the homeside. :nod:

ngineer
November 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Laf-ter-yet...;)

ngineer
November 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Our group is on the Lafayette side. Lehigh's never lost when i sat on the homeside. :nod:

Yes, most of the alums are on the Lafayette side of the field--we'll be up in Section 10..

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, most of the alums are on the Lafayette side of the field--we'll be up in Section 10..

Looks like you're sitting in the woods! xlolx

hawkineer
November 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
THAT team from Easton.xlolx xlolx

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Pards 24-20...I'm in Bethlehem now! Loved Billy Russo...The 1981 Lehigh game was on Nov. 21st - 25 years! GO BILLY!

LehighFan11
November 17th, 2006, 09:26 PM
24-17 W for Lehigh. I think if Lehigh does win tomm they will host UNH because the committee loves to give Lehigh home playoff games v. A10 teams.

ButlerGSU
November 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I voted Lafayette but only because my ex-girlfriends Dad, Dr. d'Aubermont, went there.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 10:47 PM
24-17 W for Lehigh. I think if Lehigh does win tomm they will host UNH because the committee loves to give Lehigh home playoff games v. A10 teams.

Yeah ok... Lehigh will be shipped to UMass.. Patriot champion does not have the power numbers.

You should be worrying about tomorrow first more than anything.. that was the Lehigh fans' mistake last year... "where will we be playing after T-day".. answer: pick-up game behind the varisty house

GO PARDS!

ngineer
November 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Looks like you're sitting in the woods! xlolx

Correction. We'll be in Section 8 Row H. Hope that is better...;)

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah ok... Lehigh will be shipped to UMass.. Patriot champion does not have the power numbers.

You should be worrying about tomorrow first more than anything.. that was the Lehigh fans' mistake last year... "where will we be playing after T-day".. answer: pick-up game behind the varisty house

GO PARDS!

I said IF they win. Im not worried about the playoffs, beacuse most likely Lehigh will be bounced in the first round. Coen will have this team focused for today's game. 24-17 W