PDA

View Full Version : Ratings up by 40% for Bayou Classic

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Bayou Classic Overnights Up on NBC

NBC earned a 0.7 overnight for Saturday’s Grambling/Southern Bayou Classic, up 40% from last year (0.5) and even with 2012 (0.7). The game faced hefty competition from other college football games on ESPN, CBS, ABC and FOX, with those four networks combining for approximately an 11.2 overnight during the mid-afternoon window.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/12/nbc-premier-league-largest-us-audience-nhl-black-friday-bayou-classic-overnight-ratings/

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
December 2nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
0.5 to 0.7 equates to about 200,000 more viewers. Those are strong numbers, especially for NBC, whose college coverage now largely revolves around Notre Dame games not picked up by ESPN and Fox.

NBC used to be the network for MLB, AFC football, NHL hockey, and Wimbledon. Now, 0 for 4.

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Bayou Classic Overnights Up on NBC

NBC earned a 0.7 overnight for Saturday’s Grambling/Southern Bayou Classic, up 40% from last year (0.5) and even with 2012 (0.7). The game faced hefty competition from other college football games on ESPN, CBS, ABC and FOX, with those four networks combining for approximately an 11.2 overnight during the mid-afternoon window.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/12/nbc-premier-league-largest-us-audience-nhl-black-friday-bayou-classic-overnight-ratings/

11.2 / 4 = 2.8

Kudos on the 40% increase to get to .7, but it looks like you're not out of the woods just yet!

Good thing you're paying for the air-time, otherwise, I doubt NBC would consider those numbers good enough to stick with the BC.

P.S. - this isn't an attack.

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Yeah it's actually 1.3 million.

Great numbers indeed for the BCS competition it was up against.

UIWWildthing
December 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
That's great news! It helps that you had two teams vieing for a spot in the SWAC title game as well.

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 12:18 PM
11.2 / 4 = 2.8

Kudos on the 40% increase to get to .7, but it looks like you're not out of the woods just yet!

Good thing you're paying for the air-time, otherwise, I doubt NBC would consider those numbers good enough to stick with the BC.

Nah... just more ignorant uninformed commentary.

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:22 PM
So now you take exception to simple math?

You should change your name to blueostrich...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
What is exactly wrong with 1) paying for national network airtime and 2) reaching 200,000 more eyeballs with an FCS football game?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
What is exactly wrong with 1) paying for national network airtime and 2) reaching 200,000 more eyeballs with an FCS football game?

They didn't think of it, more importantly they don't have an audience that commands that level of viewership.

P. S. This isn't an attack

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Did I say that it was wrong? I pointed out that though it's a step in the right direction, the market share is less than a quarter of what the other networks are averaging...

Why is it a crime to post perspective on that?

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
They didn't think of it.

I'm just glad that you now finally agree and acknowledge that the airtime is purchased....;)

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Did I say that it was wrong? I pointed out that though it's a step in the right direction, the market share is less than a quarter of what the other networks are averaging...

What you did was to insinuate that if it wasn't for Southern paying for airtime, the game wouldn't be broadcast.

That's a lie.

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
If NBC could make a profit marketing it, they would...

Listen, I LIKE the Bayou Classic. You mistake a desire for realistic posts for micro-aggression...

Again, it's GREAT that the BC had a 40% increase in viewship. It's going to take improvement on a number of fronts for the game to continue to be broadcast by a network like NBC....

You guys are shrewd, it may be time to look at other distribution options for the game...

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 01:00 PM

Listen, I LIKE the Bayou Classic. You mistake a desire for realistic posts for micro-aggression...

Again, it's GREAT that the BC had a 40% increase in viewship. It's going to take improvement on a number of fronts for the game to continue to be broadcast by a network like NBC....

You guys are shrewd, it may be time to look at other distribution options for the game...

Seems to me your marketing genius , would be better spent in Lake Charles.

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
C'mon, if your argument is that the BC transcends regional loyalties and is a significant cultural event, you shouldn't be surprised when it attracts attention....

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Did they show the bands?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
C'mon, if your argument is that the BC transcends regional loyalties and is a significant cultural event, you shouldn't be surprised when it attracts attention....

Been doing that for four decades now.

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Been doing that for four decades now.

Really? I had no idea that this was a thing and I've been following UNI and FCS football for the last the better part of the millennium now. This game holds very little significance to those of us outside of the region. Those are great viewership numbers for the region but this is far from a national event. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has very little knowledge about this event

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Really? I had no idea that this was a thing and I've been following UNI and FCS football for the last the better part of the millennium now. This game holds very little significance to those of us outside of the region. Those are great viewership numbers for the region but this is far from a national event. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has very little knowledge about this event

Lol.....i wouldn't have said something this stupid in public.

tomq04
December 2nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Kindness isn't really your strength is it?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 03:35 PM
When it comes to ignorance? .....nah.

GAD
December 2nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Not true at all, we actually have a very large following in the mid-west and on the west coast

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Don't mind bluedog. Someone has to play the role of angry HBCU poster.

Just let him be

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 04:59 PM

Just let him be

Yep. ... because the role of ignorant poster is already filled.

But I would like to know why aren't the other posters angry PWC posters?

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:01 PM

Just on the internet? Got it. xdrunkyx

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:04 PM
Just on the internet? Got it. xdrunkyx
So the Internet is private?

Damn! The hits just keep on rolling for you huh Einstein?

Lol....

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:11 PM
So the Internet is private?

Damn! The hits just keep on rolling for you huh Einstein?

Lol....

http://i.imgur.com/It7xugI.gif

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Now y'all leave Maddea be! She'll be fine as soon as her cycle's over....

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Another angry PWC poster

And Madea doesn't have a cycle. You would know that if you actually watched the show.

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
And Madea doesn't have a cycle. You would know that if you actually watched the show.

In other words: "No one knows this" xlolx

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
In other words: "No one knows this" xlolx

I'm sure what you just said makes sense to you, and that's all that matters.

citdog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
Yep. ... because the role of ignorant poster is already filled.

But I would like to know why aren't the other posters angry PWC posters?

what is a PWC?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
what is a PWC?

The opposite of an hbcu

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:46 PM
PricewaterhouseCoopers. One of the Big 4. Maybe bluedog is an auditor? Now that I think about it he does show a lack of compassion and never fails cause our blood pressure to rise. He doesn't seem to like PWC though, perhaps he's more of an EY guy

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
PricewaterhouseCoopers. One of the Big 4. Maybe bluedog is an auditor? Now that I think about it he does show a lack of compassion and never fails cause our blood pressure to rise. He doesn't seem to like PWC though, perhaps he's more of an EY guy

Nah.....Don't blame me for that.

It's your own stupidity that makes your blood raise.

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:55 PM
Nah.....Don't blame me for that.

It's your own stupidity that makes your blood raise.

It's Deloitte isn't it? It's always Deloitte. Dag-nabbit, my bad

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
See, getting the facts straight about TV shows IS important!! ;)

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 07:04 PM
PWC = privileged white college...yet I do seem to remember a lot of color on my campus. Hmmmmm

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
PWC = privileged white college...yet I do seem to remember a lot of color on my campus. Hmmmmm

Other than being wrong for the one million time.

You're point is what?

DaBizon
December 2nd, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that I've seen players of minority ethnicity on the ivy league football teams.
Can't remember ever seeing a "light skinned" person play in the SWAC.
I may be wrong.....

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that I've seen players of minority ethnicity on the ivy league football teams.
I may be wrong.....

You're not wrong at all from your view point.

It's an actual proven medical phenomenon, that people see what they want to and what their narrow minded biases have taught to believe.
Recently they found a cure for it, the first step is to crawl from under that rock.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2014, 09:41 PM

Yeah I have no idea what the Bayou Classic is.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2014, 09:43 PM

I've got two friends at PWC, one is entry level and the other just became a manager. Pretty good scratch.

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Other than being wrong for the one million time.

You're point is what?

1) your. I mean if you're going to talk ****, at least use the term properly. I know Southern isn't that ****ty of a school.

2) you basically post for troll bait. You put on a neat article, someone says something you don't like and you insult them. Why not at least try to debate the points made as opposed to being a little ****?

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 10:04 PM
Also I know a PWC is a predominantly white college, but given your view I imagine privileged fits too

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
C'mon Rev....calling bluedog a "Little Bitch" is demeaning. Beyond that, it's not factual. He's a full grown bitch! ;)

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 10:06 PM
Bitch has 5 letters, not four

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
My eyes are getting bad.....I'm assuming you used a four letter word that is similarly feminine, but more intense?

****, perhaps?

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 10:12 PM
Perhaps

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
The mouthy women of Southern. Gotta love 'em...

NY Crusader 2010
December 2nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Bluedog,

Congratulations! Southern hasn't gotten this much attention since they beat an intramural basketball team by 110 points last season!

That being said, I think the SWAC rivalries are great for FCS football and your ability to bring in fans and alumni is something the rest of us should be inspired by. I'd love it if my school could at least halfway fill it's stadium any given game regardless of our record. Wish you guys were in the playoffs with the rest of us non-Ivies!

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 10:15 PM
Also I know a PWC is a predominantly white college, but given your view I imagine privileged fits too

And what view is that?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM
C'mon Rev....calling bluedog a "Little Bitch" is demeaning. Beyond that, it's not factual. He's a full grown bitch! ;)

I'm more than sure there's enough females close to you that fits that description well'

TheRevSFA
December 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
And what view is that?

You tell me bro. You keep posting that every other poster is ignorant, but not giving any sort of additional data. I mean, I'm concerned for you. You might need to be checked for illusory superiority or at least the Dunning-Krueger effect

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
1) your. I mean if you're going to talk ****, at least use the term properly. I know Southern isn't that ****ty of a school.

2) you basically post for troll bait. You put on a neat article, someone says something you don't like and you insult them. Why not at least try to debate the points made as opposed to being a little ****?

Ahh.... look ma, he found a grammatical error

xthumbsupx

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 10:38 PM
You tell me bro. You keep posting that every other poster is ignorant, but not giving any sort of additional data. I mean, I'm concerned for you. You might need to be checked for illusory superiority or at least the Dunning-Krueger effect

When confronted with having to explain your accusation, do what you were taught to do.

Lie. ...

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 10:48 PM
The whole world is in a confederacy against you, eh Ignatius?

bluedog
December 2nd, 2014, 10:50 PM
The whole world is in a confederacy against you, eh Ignatius?

Nah....just a few pieces of trash on ags

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 10:57 PM
Nobody knows the trouble you've seen.....nobody knows your sorrow...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2014, 06:21 AM

His post was the truth!

BluBengal07
December 3rd, 2014, 07:28 AM
too many dudes with feelings here.xcoffeex

congrats on the stats. i wonder how this game stack up to other televised FCS game viewership numbers in 2014?xrotatehx

DFW HOYA
December 3rd, 2014, 07:33 AM
congrats on the stats. i wonder how this game stack up to other televised FCS game viewership numbers in 2014?xrotatehx

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
too many dudes with feelings here.xcoffeex

I'm sure it kills them. The MVFC has games on Comcast Chicago every now and them. The MEAC had an ESPN game or two right? Can't really think of any other times an FCS game was on a nationally relevant TV slot (I'm not counting the Comcast comment in that). I don't think anyone debated that this was a very successful viewer turnout, especially when compared to the FCS. The relevance of the event to people outside of the South's cultural demographic was the debate.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
OT but wow:

7:30 PM
Troy/Georgia Southern
ESPNU

Put this in perspective: The Bayou Classic's gain in viewership from one year to the other was more than double the entire viewership of a Thursday night game on ESPNU with Georgia Southern.

DFW HOYA
December 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
OT but wow:

Troy/Georgia Southern
ESPNU

Put this in perspective: The Bayou Classic's gain in viewership from one year to the other was more than double the entire viewership of a Thursday night game on ESPNU with Georgia Southern.

Being on NBC helps, too. ESPNU's clearance is still just 65 percent of homes.

Herder
December 3rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
OT but wow:

Troy/Georgia Southern
ESPNU

Hey, Troy/GSU is a football game, played with passionate fans that care about football. The Bayou Classic is the equivalent of a Beyoncé concert that comes to your town once a year, and this year it sold out. If the Bayou folks cared about football as much as they did about entertainment and appearance, then they'd care about winning and playoffs, and they'd probably get ratings like Troy/GSU. (ha, ha)

If the BC is your thing, that's great. It clearly is for a lot of folks. But I had tickets for Beyoncé and the Shrine Circus, so my entertainment budget was spent and I didn't make the Classic in 2014.

OhioHen
December 3rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
The Bayou Classic isn't primarily about a football game - it's a big reunion for all the SU and GSU "family" who happen to gather in a stadium that has a football field. Many who cannot attend in person choose to participate by watching on TV.

Thumbs up to the schools for getting the event televised each year and kudos to NBC for continuing with the tradition. There are even some of us who tune in around halftime each year just to enjoy the bands - something we don't get to do during broadcasts of OTHER football contests.

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:15 PM
Nobody knows the trouble you've seen.....nobody knows your sorrow...

What does this have to do with the topic?

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:18 PM
I'm sure it kills them. The MVFC has games on Comcast Chicago every now and them. The MEAC had an ESPN game or two right? Can't really think of any other times an FCS game was on a nationally relevant TV slot (I'm not counting the Comcast comment in that). I don't think anyone debated that this was a very successful viewer turnout, especially when compared to the FCS. The relevance of the event to people outside of the South's cultural demographic was the debate.

Did anybody ask about the relevance outside of the south?

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2014, 03:18 PM
About as much as the comment to which it replies....

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:19 PM

Howdo you know this to be a fact? Can you show us the demographic chart?

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Did anybody ask about the relevance outside of the south?

Yes. If you read an earlier part of the thread you see bluedog imply that the BC has been "transcending regional loyalties" for over 40 years. I disagreed.

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
Yes. If you read an earlier part of the thread you see bluedog imply that the BC has been "transcending regional loyalties" for over 40 years. I disagreed.

Really?
Can you quote that for me? Because I don't see that.

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:41 PM

So now you take exception to simple math?

You should change your name to blueostrich...

I'ma little confused. Wasn't it broadcasted nationally? I watched it and I live in Baltimore.

Just let him be

So he's angry because he doesnn't let you bully him?

Now y'all leave Maddea be! She'll be fine as soon as her cycle's over....

I may be wrong.....

Really???? Sounds like this person hasnn't been let out to play in a long while.

C'mon Rev....calling bluedog a "Little Bitch" is demeaning. Beyond that, it's not factual. He's a full grown bitch!

bluedog
December 3rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Really?
Can you quote that for me? Because I don't see that.

Nevermind, I found it.

It appears to me that the poster is agreeing that it has. So what's your beef about that?

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Ya know, I think i'm coming down with a case of the Sockpuppet blues!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

It appears to me that the poster is agreeing that it has. So what's your beef about that?

Hey numbnuts. I can track you quite easily so enough of the new accounts to try and back yourself up. You easily could have had somewhat normal conversations with others on here but you want to act like an ass so you get put in a group that slows your roll a bit so you can live with it or beat it for all I care. You start another username and I'l kick every IP you've posted from slick luther.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Awww bluedog fail

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2014, 04:22 PM
LOL...I should get LOTS rep points for calling THAT shot even without IP tools! ;)

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Can't tell what's worse, blue dog trying fake allies or his attempt at a new username. Hilarious!

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
LOL, Maddea took a page out of Tyler Perry's playbook...

GAD
December 3rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Again, you do realize that there are alot of people in the mid-west that follow HBCU football? Games played in city's all over the mid-west draw crowds of 30-60K all the time we hold FCS vs FCS attendance records in states where we don't even have schools

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Again, you do realize that there are alot of people in the mid-west that follow HBCU football? Games played in city's all over the mid-west draw crowds of 30-60K all the time we hold FCS vs FCS attendance records in states where we don't even have schools

I wouldn't be surprised if there are. The culture that extends from the South and from HBCU's is probably vastly different than one I will ever experience. That's still not the point I was making. I simply disagreed with the idea that on a national level the Bayou Classic is all that relevant to most Americans. If it truly were then I assume I would have heard of it sometime in the last 20-25 years. And maybe I had...but it clearly didn't stick with me. But don't mistake "relevance" with "important".

I'm in no way trying to shame anyone for enjoying what is probably the most popular and successful FCS game in the country. The FCS unfortunately doesn't hold much relevance to a good portion of Americans as is. Northern Iowa football is not relevant to 99% of the country. That doesn't mean it isn't important though. But despite all that if bluedog wants to tell me that the BC has been a relevant part of American livelihood for 40+ years then I'll be right here to argue with him. If for no other reason than the petty fact that he's kind of a dick.

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Although I'd be interested in knowing about these midwest HBCU games. Perhaps it'd be a chance to see what bluedogs buzz is all about. I've honestly never been aware of such a thing. Perhaps that's due to my own lack of knowledge as to how many HBCU's there are beyond a well-known handful of them. Or perhaps that's due to the ambiguity of what really constitutes the "Midwest".

R.A.
December 3rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Why did this turn into such a negative thread?

Why can't folks just say... congrats, hopefully the Bayou Classic continues to grow in viewership.

It's a wonderful contest.

Why can't it just be that simple?

Panther88
December 3rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Hey numbnuts. I can track you quite easily so enough of the new accounts to try and back yourself up. You easily could have had somewhat normal conversations with others on here but you want to act like an ass so you get put in a group that slows your roll a bit so you can live with it or beat it for all I care. You start another username and I'l kick every IP you've posted from slick luther.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM

Why can't folks just say... congrats, hopefully the Bayou Classic continues to grow in viewership.

Hey, I totally agree with this. It is good to see this thrive and I take nothing away from what they are doing even though I wish they were participating in the playoffs.

Congrats, I hope the Bayou and all classics continue to grow in viewership.

FormerPokeCenter
December 3rd, 2014, 09:19 PM

Gee, I don't know why nobody thought of that...

11.2 / 4 = 2.8

centennial
December 3rd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Blue douche is here to start ****. Even when someone is nice to him he attacks them. Guess what asshole, you are turning the best FCS website against everything SWAC and MEAC related due to your **** posting. BTW ****ty football stays ****ty football even when people watch it.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 10:41 PM
Blue douche is here to start ****. Even when someone is nice to him he attacks them. Guess what asshole, you are turning the best FCS website against everything SWAC and MEAC related due to your **** posting. BTW ****ty football stays ****ty football even when people watch it.

He's the one being a turd so I'm not sure the scorched earth tactic is necessary because besides him we have a lot of good SWAC and MEAC posters that provide great discussion so I think we can pull back on the collateral damage a bit here.

No need to be a puppet for the guy and give him exactly what he's looking for centy. xlolx

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
I'll take a portion of the blame. Posters like bluedog really grind my gears. FPC tried to have a perfectly constructive conversation and that dude had to derail it by spouting off that anyone and everyone not 100% in line with him is an ignorant, stupid (and probably racist) non-Tyler-Perry-watching nincompoop. Just ridiculous. Glad he embarrassed himself with that silly charade.

centennial
December 3rd, 2014, 11:22 PM
He's the one being a turd so I'm not sure the scorched earth tactic is necessary because besides him we have a lot of good SWAC and MEAC posters that provide great discussion so I think we can pull back on the collateral damage a bit here.

No need to be a puppet for the guy and give him exactly what he's looking for centy. xlolx
I've tried to be nice, and even be constructive on some of his stuff. I'll tone it down.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2014, 11:49 PM
I've tried to be nice, and even be constructive on some of his stuff. I'll tone it down.

Oh I was talking about tainting all other things just because ONE guy is jerking your chain. You're fine brother, just don't let him get a big deal going between everyone that delves into other areas as it's what he's going for.

Panther88
December 4th, 2014, 12:32 AM
*innocently running for cover while dragging PVAMU w/ me*

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2014, 12:39 AM

xlolx

You're one of the guys I enjoy talking things over with so get A&M back here.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2014, 12:39 AM

xlolx

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Q: How many black people does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One. What are you, racist?

xpeacex

813Jag
December 4th, 2014, 07:06 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/poZnXsKLvTVGo/giphy.gif

813Jag
December 4th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Although I'd be interested in knowing about these midwest HBCU games. Perhaps it'd be a chance to see what bluedogs buzz is all about. I've honestly never been aware of such a thing. Perhaps that's due to my own lack of knowledge as to how many HBCU's there are beyond a well-known handful of them. Or perhaps that's due to the ambiguity of what really constitutes the "Midwest".
the Circle City Classic has been held in Indianapolis since 1983, it's usually a well drawing game. There's also the Chicago Football Classic with has been played since 1997.

Panther-State
December 4th, 2014, 09:56 AM
the Circle City Classic has been held in Indianapolis since 1983, it's usually a well drawing game. There's also the Chicago Football Classic with has been played since 1997.

I don't think I've heard of either. Even with family in Muncie and Illinois. Again, not to be critical but I don't think the scope of these events extends beyond those familiar with HBCU's. It's unfortunate, but the fact remains IMO

813Jag
December 4th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I don't think I've heard of either. Even with family in Muncie and Illinois. Again, not to be critical but I don't think the scope of these events extends beyond those familiar with HBCU's. It's unfortunate, but the fact remains IMO
my answer wasn't to state that these are games that everyone should know, my post was intended to make aware some of the classics that are played in that area. Of course if someone isn't familiar with a product they won't know much about it.

Panther-State
December 4th, 2014, 10:34 AM
my answer wasn't to state that these are games that everyone should know, my post was intended to make aware some of the classics that are played in that area. Of course if someone isn't familiar with a product they won't know much about it.

Yes thank you for that. I was just revisiting my original point, that these games (and the FCS as a whole) do not have a lot of reach outside of a particular regional or cultural demographic. At least not to the extent that a particular poster was vehemently claiming

Panther88
December 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Errrrrrrrr ursus... Priaire View A&M. Cannot just refer to us as "A&M." Those other guys up the road apiece on Hwy6 have a lock on that moniker. Even the other "A&M" System schools like West Texas A&M (former Texas A&I), Tarleton State, former East Texas State University (now Texas A&M-Commerce), ... locals don't refer to any of us as just "A&M." FYI. :) Continuez.

FormerPokeCenter
December 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
West Texas A&M used to be West Texas State......Texas A&I (my parents are alums) is now Texas A&M Kingsville..

Carry on!

Panther88
December 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM
West Texas A&M used to be West Texas State......Texas A&I (my parents are alums) is now Texas A&M Kingsville..

Carry on!

Thanks FPC. You have to excuse my posting as I'm under the power of a drug I took last night to help alleviate the flu. I knew that Texas A&I is now TxA&M-Kings but just couldn't type it. *smh* I'll self-relegate to reading only.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Errrrrrrrr ursus... Priaire View A&M. Cannot just refer to us as "A&M." Those other guys up the road apiece on Hwy6 have a lock on that moniker. Even the other "A&M" System schools like West Texas A&M (former Texas A&I), Tarleton State, former East Texas State University (now Texas A&M-Commerce), ... locals don't refer to any of us as just "A&M." FYI. :) Continuez.

They don't get to tell me how I do things, I ain't following their rules! Where is that "there are no rules" vid when I need it?

kdinva
December 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
West Texas A&M used to be......

Here's one of my favorite West Texas items:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or19TraKXcI

Panther88
December 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
They don't get to tell me how I do things, I ain't following their rules! Where is that "there are no rules" vid when I need it?

ursus, if you're speaking w/ one of those tried and true "aggies" and you mistakenly call another campus "A&M," I'm afraid you'd better get ready for the (verbal) free fall that will occur shortly lol. They are indeed a differing set of people. Totally (maroon) brainwashed.

TheRevSFA
December 4th, 2014, 03:49 PM
ursus, if you're speaking w/ one of those tried and true "aggies" and you mistakenly call another campus "A&M," I'm afraid you'd better get ready for the (verbal) free fall that will occur shortly lol. They are indeed a differing set of people. Totally (maroon) brainwashed.

I thought PVAM was where A&M shipped all their non white athletes/corp members. You know, so they can keep college station "pure"

Panther88
December 4th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I thought PVAM was where A&M shipped all their non white athletes/corp members. You know, so they can keep college station "pure"
Yeh, their "pure" corp - the same corp where I saw a black guy kissing a white girl on nat'l tv a few recent yrs ago after A&M scored a TD. I'm sure the oldheads were doing cartwheels in their embalming fluids in their graves lol. I think the "pureness" that once was known in those parts has finally integrated, considering they made the great effort to integrate their football field and basketball court(s-M/W) first and foremost xlolx. The hiring of Sumlin was no accident. We all know the impetus behind the strategic hire, among numerous others that show public "integration" in that place on Hwy6 ;) *looking @ Strong @ ut-austin xlolx Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....*

AggieManiac704
December 5th, 2014, 12:34 AM
xthumbsupx entertaining thread as usual. Good points made everywhere.

Panther88
December 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Can't tell what's worse, blue dog trying fake allies or his attempt at a new username. Hilarious!

Remember, this is a human being who is maneuvering about the greater american public freely, unfortunately. :( There's a cage, I mean, a jail cell that has his name imprinted on it waiting for him. :(

The thirst of the TROLL.... is highly evident w/ the rambling rhetoric of nothingness he posts. :(

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2014, 05:24 PM

You mean there are NO RULES?!? :D

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2014, 05:26 PM
http://youtu.be/Y3VMc82gX5I

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Speaking of the Midwest....I go to my favorite HBCU Delta Devil fan Clenz for perspective. xlolx

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Speaking of the Midwest....I go to my favorite HBCU Delta Devil fan Clenz for perspective. xlolx
Yeah….

Go Delta Devils…

Next year is the year!!!!!!!…

… that I learn a DD players name…..

I am black afterall……

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Illinois State got lucky they caught us on a bad day

The MVFC has nothing on MVSU

R.A.
December 5th, 2014, 10:33 PM

My African American first cousin was a member of the Texas A&M Corp, but that's none of my business....

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2014, 10:40 PM
http://youtu.be/Y3VMc82gX5I

Yup, there it is. Didn't want to steal it from you and knew you'd post it from my description. xlolx

THERE'S ONE RULE!

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Holy **** Clenz is black?

I didn't realize they had black people in Iowa.

im only kidding clenzy

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2014, 09:04 AM

im only kidding clenzy

Yes :D

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 09:06 AM

im only kidding clenzy
Melanin be damned. I am what I think I am

FormerPokeCenter
December 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Melatonin be damned. I am what I think I am

Trouble sleeping?