PDA

View Full Version : Samford's Coach Sullivan retires

kdinva
December 2nd, 2014, 11:18 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=783272

http://samfordsports.com/news/2014/12/2/FB_1202142341.aspx?path=football

A fine gentleman...

Model Citizen
December 2nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Bill Clark's destination?

FormerPokeCenter
December 2nd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Best wishes to Coach Sullivan for a great retirement and good health....

OL FU
December 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Best wishes to Coach Sullivan for a great retirement and good health....

Absolutely.xthumbsupx

Jiggs
December 2nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Many felt this decision was coming, but it is still sad even though we were prepared. Coach Sullivan has done a tremendous job and we are grateful to him and excited that he will still play a role at Samford.

chattanoogamocs
December 2nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
That is a tough way to have to retire (due to health issues)...he is a great ambassador for college football.

BEAR
December 2nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
Wonder how that will affect their games next season. We got one of those with Samford.

dgtw
December 2nd, 2014, 09:01 PM
He probably should have retired a year or two ago, but I admire him for sticking it out. I've never met the man, but I've always heard he was a very nice man. Best wishes to him in the future.

I think Clark would be a good get for Samford, but I think he has eyes on bigger things than an FCS job.

APaladindad
December 2nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
Bill Clark's destination?

UAB has agreed to honor all the football scholarships for the players till they graduate, if they could figure out how to play at Samford:) that might sway Clark to go to Samford otherwise he is looking for another FBS job and deserves one for the turn around he has made at UAB.

walliver
December 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Wonder how that will affect their games next season. We got one of those with Samford.

As long as the assistant coaching staff stays in place, they should be about the same. With Sullivan's chronic health problems, they were probably doing much of the day-to-day work anyway.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 3rd, 2014, 08:41 PM
Maybe Samford should hire UAB's coaching staff, UAB don't need them anymore.

mamberso
December 3rd, 2014, 09:48 PM
If Clark goes to Samford, he won't be there long. He is a really good coach, and would be back in the FBS within a year or two.

Cocky
December 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Bill doesn't have to go anywhere. He will receive 1.2 million from UAB.

Be available immediately helps his marketability to school wanting a good coach to recruit now. Plus he has a staff available.