PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Sam Houston State @ Jacksonville State

TheEagleSHSU
November 30th, 2014, 08:34 AM
This one is going to be a wild one, if Bearkat offense can get going this may turn out to be a tough go for jsu.

JSU02
November 30th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Will y'all be bringing your band?

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 09:35 AM
any of you JSU guys remember what happened the last time you met a KC Keeler led team?

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
....20205...LET US REMIND........OL' KC......INTERCEPTED THREE ERRANT PIGGIES....IN SUCCESSION.....IT'S WHAA.....HE WEARS SHADES......WITNESS PROTECTION....AGIN'...DUH 'COCKS......xcoolx....AWK!

Redbirdz
November 30th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Here kitty kitty.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Note to Sammy, find a way to get Max Shortell in. That is all.

Cocky
November 30th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Note to Sammy, find a way to get Max Shortell in. That is all.
He's injured.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2014, 11:01 AM
He's injured.

Damn, it's always funny to watch a tight end playing quarterback. When he was with the Gophers, they had 2.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 11:08 AM
....20205...LET US REMIND........OL' KC......INTERCEPTED THREE ERRANT PIGGIES....IN SUCCESSION.....IT'S WHAA.....HE WEARS SHADES......WITNESS PROTECTION....AGIN'...DUH 'COCKS......xcoolx....AWK!

"Keeler was a member of two ECAC Team of Year squads and one Lambert Cup winner and was named the Newark Touchdown Club Defensive Player of the Year as a senior in 1980. He posted six career interceptions, including three in a 1978 NCAA Division II 42-27 quarterfinal playoff win over Jacksonville State. All three interceptions came on consecutive pass attempts by Jacksonville State. "

how did this happen...?

Rjones61
November 30th, 2014, 12:15 PM
It will be great seeing Jacksonville State finally get exposed.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 12:21 PM
tough game to pick...first thought is go with Jax St but keep remembering KC's teams win playoff games

Texas
November 30th, 2014, 12:21 PM
We weren't favored last game and don't expect it for this game. I don't like Keeler but his playoff resume is a good one.

mamberso
November 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM
It will be great seeing Jacksonville State finally get exposed.

Enlighten us...what flaws will SHSU be exposing?

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Should be a good game. Really depends on which Jared Johnson shows up. Hopefully Hill will have more than zero carries like SELA game.

Big_Fan
November 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM

The ROTC doesn't always do the same # of push-ups as points. Given the opportunities they will have against SHSU, someone is bound to notice.

Rjones61
November 30th, 2014, 01:16 PM

It's the same old story. Someone comes out as the OVC champion and cocky. Then they come to playoffs and get bent over. Just another pretender team. xcoffeex

Year
Regular Season Champion
Record
FCS Championship Result

Western Kentucky
7–0
Quarterfinals

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
Murray State
5–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
First Round

UT Martin
Eastern Illinois
6–1
7–1
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
8–0
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois $
6–2
First Round

Southeast Missouri State
7–1
First Round

Tennessee Tech $$
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
6–2
6–2
6–2
First Round
First Round
DNP

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
Quarterfinals

BEAR
November 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Just shows what bringing in FBS players by the masses can do for an FCS team. Next time someone starts one of those "do FBS transfers really help a team?" polls just remember this thread. It should be obvious. xthumbsupx

Big_Fan
November 30th, 2014, 03:35 PM
It's the same old story. Someone comes out as the OVC champion and cocky. Then they come to playoffs and get bent over. Just another pretender team. xcoffeex

Year
Regular Season Champion
Record
FCS Championship Result

Western Kentucky
7–0
Quarterfinals

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
Murray State
5–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
First Round

UT Martin
Eastern Illinois
6–1
7–1
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
8–0
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois $
6–2
First Round

Southeast Missouri State
7–1
First Round

Tennessee Tech $$
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
6–2
6–2
6–2
First Round
First Round
DNP

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
Quarterfinals

JSU fans aren't "cocky" because of being OVC champs. Heck, I haven't seen any cockiness at all. Some confidence, yes...cockiness? No.

...you completely ignore that JSU was a quarterfinal team last season - and not OVC champ. Along the way we stomped the SoCon champ, and dominated McNeese on their home field. We were unstoppable @ Eastern Washington, until our QB went down before halftime, and they still just managed an 11 point win over us.

We returned almost our entire team other than our secondary, and we upgraded our DL significantly with FBS transfers. We have a new coaching staff, but our OC from last season took over as HC, and he built a great staff. We aren't unbeatable, but we can compete with any team in the FCS...and I think beat any of them on any given Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2014, 03:51 PM
JSU fans aren't "cocky" because of being OVC champs. Heck, I haven't seen any cockiness at all. Some confidence, yes...cockiness? No.

...you completely ignore that JSU was a quarterfinal team last season - and not OVC champ. Along the way we stomped the SoCon champ, and dominated McNeese on their home field. We were unstoppable @ Eastern Washington, until our QB went down before halftime, and they still just managed an 11 point win over us.

We returned almost our entire team other than our secondary, and we upgraded our DL significantly with FBS transfers. We have a new coaching staff, but our OC from last season took over as HC, and he built a great staff. We aren't unbeatable, but we can compete with any team in the FCS...and I think beat any of them on any given Saturday.

People see "Any Given Saturday" and think "Every Given Saturday".

Big_Fan
November 30th, 2014, 03:58 PM
People see "Any Given Saturday" and think "Every Given Saturday".

I think we can beat most teams every given Saturday, and any team on any given Saturday.

JaxSinfonian
November 30th, 2014, 11:21 PM

Yeah. If only JSU was the third-place OVC team again this year, they might be for real. But alas, they're undefeated in FCS play. No way they could possibly whip a Southland team this time, having to lug that OVC trophy around.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2014, 09:27 AM
Keeler revs it up come playoff time, gotta go with SHSU in this one.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Cocky JSU fans better be ready for a battle (well unless evil JJ shows up and then who knows :D)

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Cocky JSU fans better be ready for a battle (well unless evil JJ shows up and then who knows :D)

Well said by a true rival. This team just seems to find a way to win. Like most games, I believe this will come down to who makes the least mistakes and who gets the big timely turnover.

McNeese72
December 1st, 2014, 10:56 AM
Bearkat fans, what is Hill's injury and will he play against Jacksonville St.??

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 11:00 AM
Bearkat fans, what is Hill's injury and will he play against Jacksonville St.??

Minor concussion on the opening kickoff. He will play Saturday.

knucklehead
December 1st, 2014, 11:16 AM
Cheering for both SHSU and Liberty so maybe we can get a quarterfinal game in Lynchburg. What? I can dream can't I?

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Cheering for both SHSU and Liberty so maybe we can get a quarterfinal game in Lynchburg. What? I can dream can't I?

No guarantee it will be in Lynchburg. SHSU has a tradition of bidding high for playoff games.

knucklehead
December 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
No guarantee it will be in Lynchburg. SHSU has a tradition of bidding high for playoff games.
Understand. That is why I said dream. Still shocked that LU was outbid by JMU. Got to beat Nova first though.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 11:38 AM
Understand. That is why I said dream. Still shocked that LU was outbid by JMU. Got to beat Nova first though.

Agree. We both may be home watching the third round on ESPN3. Would love to see an unseeded matchup between us in the third round. May the most money win (home field) if it happens!

Panther88
December 1st, 2014, 12:10 PM
Just shows what bringing in FBS players by the masses can do for an FCS team. Next time someone starts one of those "do FBS transfers really help a team?" polls just remember this thread. It should be obvious. xthumbsupx

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... xreadx A lot of them are awfully, awfully gifted (Overstreet et al).

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... xreadx A lot of them are awfully, awfully gifted (Overstreet et al).

Transfers are vital to all (with a few exceptions) successful FCS program to some degree. But it is impossible to maintain a high level of success without recruiting talented 4-year players. Transfers are gap fillers that can make the difference between deep playoff runs and just missing the playoffs.

FIFY - my bad.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 12:35 PM
Transfers are vital to all successful FCS program to some degree. But it is impossible to maintain a high level of success without recruiting talented 4-year players. Transfers are gap fillers that can make the difference between deep playoff runs and just missing the playoffs.

All? I can't remember the last transfer we had before this year.

BEAR
December 1st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Transfers are vital to all (with a few exceptions) successful FCS program to some degree. But it is impossible to maintain a high level of success without recruiting talented 4-year players. Transfers are gap fillers that can make the difference between deep playoff runs and just missing the playoffs.

FIFY - my bad.

I see you Bearkats love to fill MANY MANY gaps with many FBS transfers. xlolx

04Derreck EdwardsWR6-1170Jr.TRBrenham (Brenham / Texas Tech)
07Trenier OrrCB5-11180Jr.TROrlando, Fla. (Ocoee / Cincinnati
10Jalen OverstreetRB6-2212So.TRTatum (Tatum / Texas)
11Myke ChatmanLB6-2216So.SQSealy (Sealy) (Baylor)
13Ernest PaytonCB6-2215Jr.TRCollege Station (A&M Consolidated / Missouri)
19Gerald ThomasWR5-10183Jr.1LThe Colony (The Colony) (Colorado)
20Xavier SmithCB5-10185Sr.TREdmond, Okla. (North / Missouri)
23Eric AgbarojiS6-1195Jr.SQMidlothian (Midlothian) (Boise State)
25Jarrell OliverRB5-8214Jr.TRSugar Land (Dulles / Utah)
34Brad DunavantP6-0205Sr.1LRockwall (Heath) (Toledo)
37Trey PayneCB5-8177Jr.TRSpring (Klein Oak / Miami-Ohio)
42Trent WilliamsDS6-0187Sr.1LHouston (Westfield) (Texas Tech)
43Josh HuntLB6-2227Jr.TRDallas (Duncanville / Wake Forest)
58Eric HumphreyDT6-3300Sr.TRDallas (Parish Episcopal) (Oklahoma)
81Chance NelsonWR5-10157Jr.2LBaytown (Sterling) (Texas A&M)
85LaDarius BrownWR6-2220Jr.TRWaxahachie (Waxhachie / TCU)
86Jeffrey ThomasWR6-3200Fr.TRDuncanville (Duncanville / Colorado)
88Ragan HendersonTE6-2253So.1LRice (Rice)
98Jacobi HunterDT6-1322Fr.TRHouston (Cypress Falls / California)

(yes, UCA has 7)

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 12:46 PM

Looks like a long list. I think you may be implying that these are all transfers brought in this year. This encompasses 4 years worth of transfers. 19 transfers divided by 4 years = about 5 per year. Pardon us for filling gaps.

Sammy94
December 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM

Not a transfer, that was his high school.

Panther88
December 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM

FIFY - my bad.

+1. I agree. It's a great formula for success @ the FCS level. And you're right. You have to recruit/retain talented 4-yr student-athletes in order to establish a stolid foundation for a successful program.

Sammy94
December 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM
Cocky JSU fans better be ready for a battle

I wouldn't worry about us Kats, we can't even beat a D2 school.

BEAR
December 1st, 2014, 01:05 PM
Looks like a long list. I think you may be implying that these are all transfers brought in this year. This encompasses 4 years worth of transfers. 19 transfers divided by 4 years = about 5 per year. Pardon us for filling gaps.

Nah. I was just echoing what another Sam fan said on your board about the number of transfers you guys got this year. Rice is really a place? Frack! xlolx
I agree that about 4 or 5 transfers a year is good for a program. Some of our best players however have been straight out of high school.. Nathan Brown comes to mind.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 01:15 PM
Nah. I was just echoing what another Sam fan said on your board about the number of transfers you guys got this year. Rice is really a place? Frack! xlolx
I agree that about 4 or 5 transfers a year is good for a program. Some of our best players however have been straight out of high school.. Nathan Brown comes to mind.

Yep! We also have a Paris and a Moscow, along with Dime Box.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2014, 01:26 PM
You can either bring transfers in, or you can wind up playing against them. Face it, they're part of FCS football & have been for a long time.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 01:30 PM
You can either bring transfers in, or you can wind up playing against them. Face it, they're part of FCS football & have been for a long time.

^^THis^^

SU DOG
December 1st, 2014, 02:33 PM
Bearkats Fans had better forget about the OVC factor(not really a factor), and realize that this is a VERY talented JSU team. I'm a 3rd party who will just be interested in watching the game, but I did see streaming of the SHSU win Saturday. Good team no doubt, but I sense(and maybe I'm wrong here) a little lack of respect for the upcoming opponent. BIG mistake if that is true.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 02:36 PM

Like I said, I'm glad they aren't a part of our strategy.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Bearkats Fans had better forget about the OVC factor(not really a factor), and realize that this is a VERY talented JSU team. I'm a 3rd party who will just be interested in watching the game, but I did see streaming of the SHSU win Saturday. Good team no doubt, but I sense(and maybe I'm wrong here) a little lack of respect for the upcoming opponent. BIG mistake if that is true.

As has been mentioned uncountable times, SHSU lost to a DII team this year. They won't be taking anybody for granted.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 02:54 PM

You are in a unique situation. No FBS schools in your state. If there was an FBS school in your state, you would take their transfers....and like it.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2014, 02:56 PM
You are in a unique situation. No FBS schools in your state. If there was an FBS school in your state, you would take their transfers....and like it.

This!!!

Bison56
December 1st, 2014, 02:56 PM
JSU is in the OVC what else can you say? Bearkats roll.:D

GannonFan
December 1st, 2014, 02:59 PM

Doesn't NDSU have 6 transfers on their roster? Sure, most come from JUCO's, but no one's ever talked about just FBS transfers, transfers do come from other places other than FBS.

TheEagleSHSU
December 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Believe me! SHSU is not taking JSU in Jacksonville lightly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 03:14 PM
Doesn't NDSU have 6 transfers on their roster? Sure, most come from JUCO's, but no one's ever talked about just FBS transfers, transfers do come from other places other than FBS.

The conversation was FBS transfers. If you look at the earlier list, it is all FBS transfers.

Sammy94
December 1st, 2014, 03:58 PM
Good team no doubt, but I sense(and maybe I'm wrong here) a little lack of respect for the upcoming opponent. BIG mistake if that is true.

Perhaps it's from the Delaware fans that we picked up? Actual Kat fans saw first hand about what happens when there is lack of respect for an opponent. Most Kat fans wouldn't even know what a OVC factor is.

mamberso
December 1st, 2014, 04:03 PM
I am not too familiar with SHSU, other than watching the SHSU/SELA game. I understand that games against conference opponents are a different animal, and funny things can happen. With that said, I was definitely not blown away by SHSU. The QB doesn't appear to be accurate. Running game wasn't all that impressive...but I suppose will be better when the #1 guy gets back. I thought the Kats D-line was impressive. If SHSU can get pressure with the front four, and drop seven in coverage, JSU won't be able to pass. However, JSU's run game should flourish against this defense. When it comes to the playoffs, you never know. But I will be surprised if SHSU wins this one.

As for the comments on the OVC, I certainly understand. However, as proven by last year, the conference is getting better. If you trust the Sagarin, the OVC is two spots ahead of the Southland. (And wow, how about the MVC being ranked at #12?!?) Remember, the #3 team from the OVC last year took the #1 team from the Southland to the woodshed at their place.

Sammy94
December 1st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Remember, the #3 team from the OVC last year took the #1 team from the Southland to the woodshed at their place.

Nothing against Jax St. but every playoff team takes them to the woodshed. Last year's was actually one of the closer games :D

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 04:40 PM
I am not too familiar with SHSU, other than watching the SHSU/SELA game. I understand that games against conference opponents are a different animal, and funny things can happen. With that said, I was definitely not blown away by SHSU. The QB doesn't appear to be accurate. Running game wasn't all that impressive...but I suppose will be better when the #1 guy gets back. I thought the Kats D-line was impressive. If SHSU can get pressure with the front four, and drop seven in coverage, JSU won't be able to pass. However, JSU's run game should flourish against this defense. When it comes to the playoffs, you never know. But I will be surprised if SHSU wins this one.

As for the comments on the OVC, I certainly understand. However, as proven by last year, the conference is getting better. If you trust the Sagarin, the OVC is two spots ahead of the Southland. (And wow, how about the MVC being ranked at #12?!?) Remember, the #3 team from the OVC last year took the #1 team from the Southland to the woodshed at their place.

For those that only know SHSU from the Round 1 SELA game, just know that the first half of that game was arguably the worst half of offensive football (along with the CSU-Pueblo game) we played all year.

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2014, 04:44 PM
Remember, the #3 team from the OVC last year took the #1 team from the Southland to the woodshed at their place.

Nobody from the OVC "took us to the woodshed" last year. In fact, no one took us to the "woodshed," not even TCU. If you're referring to Jacksonville State beating McNeese, they were not No. 1 in the SLC last year. We also beat McNeese, 41-7, last year.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 04:49 PM
Nobody from the OVC "took us to the woodshed" last year. In fact, no one took us to the "woodshed," not even TCU. If you're referring to Jacksonville State beating McNeese, they were not No. 1 in the SLC last year. We also beat McNeese, 41-7, last year.

You are correct.

McNeese72
December 1st, 2014, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't worry about us Kats, we can't even beat a D2 school.

I grade that attempt at a B-. ;-)

mamberso
December 1st, 2014, 05:33 PM

I stand corrected. The #3 team from the OVC took the#2 Southland team to the woodshed.

Texas
December 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM
I stand corrected. The #3 team from the OVC took the#2 Southland team to the woodshed.
Grasping now.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2014, 06:13 PM
You realize no one posting on this board will be playing on Saturday, right? :)

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 06:53 PM
Jax State ends the short playoff run of Sunglass Man by 7.

McNeese75
December 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM

xrolleyesx Sounds like you should just bet the farm then. I mean the #1 team out of the OVS should take the #1 Team out of the SLC to the woodshed right??? xcrazyx

Now if you have that fat nose tackle and fat RB from lat year back and healthy then the Kats better pay attention (Although they will just run around the NT)

Cocky
December 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM
#fearthebelly

Rjones61
December 1st, 2014, 07:50 PM
Oh god... is that idiot who puts his shirt up still playing?

Big_Fan
December 1st, 2014, 07:52 PM

I find a lot of this discussion kind of funny.

Last year has nothing to do with this year, but JSU did stomp McNeese at their place last year. Regardless of what SELA did to McNeese last season, SHSU did lose to them... but that really is not relevant this season.

JSU is significantly improved from 2013. The entire offense was back, and the defense was upgraded with some key FBS transfers. If there is a weak spot, it is the secondary... and the secondary has been dominant at times (and bend but don't break in others). The offense has 4 games with over 600 yards total offense, and the low water mark for total offense this season was over 400 yards. As for OVC weakness, we know what SEMO did with SELA. JSU played sloppy at SEMO, and the defense was lax against SEMO - and the offense put up over 600 yards and 49 points. We had already clinched the OVC title and autobid... the biggest knock on our defense is probably that they are prone to letting up when there is a big lead. The offense was scoring at will on SEMO, and the defense didn't play with intensity - but we were still up by 26 in the 4th quarter. In competitive games, the defense has been ferocious. I think Chatty fans could tell you a little about how our defense is capable of playing when the game is on the line.

Nobody from JSU is taking SHSU lightly, but we are kind of sick of being shrugged off as not being very good because we are in the OVC. We were a quarterfinal team last season, and gave EW all they wanted at their place. This JSU team would beat the EW team from last season. I don't really get what part of "having everyone back from last season's quarterfinal team" is so difficult to understand, especially in light of our being undefeated in FCS play, and ranked top 5 in total offense. Defensively, we had 4 games where we didn't give up an offensive TD. In another game we gave up an offensive TD in the 4th, with a 31-7 lead. The MVC fan rhetoric is to bash our schedule (Which ranks 166 according to Sagarin - harder than Nova's, UNH, or SELA's to name a few). We will find out Saturday if we are posers or not.

I will say this. SHSU held SELA to a little over 300 yards, even though SHSU was -3 in turnovers. They won't hold JSU to 300 yards, and if they are -3 in turnovers against us, we will beat them badly. Our defense is statistically the equal of SELA's (16 more yards per game), against a more difficult schedule (according to Sagarin 169 vs 190). The #1 ranking in 3rd down conversions is not an insignificant stat against run first teams, and teams are converting less than 1/4 of their 3rd downs against us. No team has stopped our offense. In closer games we have gone conservative and controlled the game defensively - and at times that has worried me. When EIU loaded the box and held us to under 200 yards rushing, we threw for almost 300.

In my opinion, we will have trouble being consistent on offense vs SHSU, but we will pop some big plays, and control the ball well enough to limit their opportunities. SHSU will have very little success against our defense. It will be close for a while, but we will pull away and win by 2 to 3 TD's.

...and if we beat SHSU, the MVFC fanboys will be razzing SHSU as weak and overrated, and Liberty or Nova will be the next team that is going to expose us.

JaxSinfonian
December 1st, 2014, 07:57 PM
Oh god... is that idiot who puts his shirt up still playing?

I posted something unkind intended as a humorous response, then thought better of it and came back to edit.

Instead, I'll prod you: You didn't answer an earlier poster's question. What specifically about Jax State's players, approach or demonstrated ability will lead them to fall short in this game? It's certainly not inconceivable to predict a Sam Houston State win, but why do you? Show us in your answer that you've watched at least one of each team's games or examined some stats.

Texas
December 1st, 2014, 08:17 PM

Last year has nothing to do with this year, but JSU did stomp McNeese at their place last year. Regardless of what SELA did to McNeese last season, SHSU did lose to them... but that really is not relevant this season.

JSU is significantly improved from 2013. The entire offense was back, and the defense was upgraded with some key FBS transfers. If there is a weak spot, it is the secondary... and the secondary has been dominant at times (and bend but don't break in others). The offense has 4 games with over 600 yards total offense, and the low water mark for total offense this season was over 400 yards. As for OVC weakness, we know what SEMO did with SELA. JSU played sloppy at SEMO, and the defense was lax against SEMO - and the offense put up over 600 yards and 49 points. We had already clinched the OVC title and autobid... the biggest knock on our defense is probably that they are prone to letting up when there is a big lead. The offense was scoring at will on SEMO, and the defense didn't play with intensity - but we were still up by 26 in the 4th quarter. In competitive games, the defense has been ferocious. I think Chatty fans could tell you a little about how our defense is capable of playing when the game is on the line.

Nobody from JSU is taking SHSU lightly, but we are kind of sick of being shrugged off as not being very good because we are in the OVC. We were a quarterfinal team last season, and gave EW all they wanted at their place. This JSU team would beat the EW team from last season. I don't really get what part of "having everyone back from last season's quarterfinal team" is so difficult to understand, especially in light of our being undefeated in FCS play, and ranked top 5 in total offense. Defensively, we had 4 games where we didn't give up an offensive TD. In another game we gave up an offensive TD in the 4th, with a 31-7 lead. The MVC fan rhetoric is to bash our schedule (Which ranks 166 according to Sagarin - harder than Nova's, UNH, or SELA's to name a few). We will find out Saturday if we are posers or not.

I will say this. SHSU held SELA to a little over 300 yards, even though SHSU was -3 in turnovers. They won't hold JSU to 300 yards, and if they are -3 in turnovers against us, we will beat them badly. Our defense is statistically the equal of SELA's (16 more yards per game), against a more difficult schedule (according to Sagarin 169 vs 190). The #1 ranking in 3rd down conversions is not an insignificant stat against run first teams, and teams are converting less than 1/4 of their 3rd downs against us. No team has stopped our offense. In closer games we have gone conservative and controlled the game defensively - and at times that has worried me. When EIU loaded the box and held us to under 200 yards rushing, we threw for almost 300.

In my opinion, we will have trouble being consistent on offense vs SHSU, but we will pop some big plays, and control the ball well enough to limit their opportunities. SHSU will have very little success against our defense. It will be close for a while, but we will pull away and win by 2 to 3 TD's.

...and if we beat SHSU, the MVFC fanboys will be razzing SHSU as weak and overrated, and Liberty or Nova will be the next team that is going to expose us.
-2 Turnovers. One was a garbage hail mary with 8 secs.
MVFC Circle jerk already thinks we are weak and no way in hell we are overrated because everyone counts on us losing this game big. The only people over looking us are JSU fans because SHSU and their fans aren't over looking anyone and that's a fact.

Big_Fan
December 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
-2 Turnovers. One was a garbage hail mary with 8 secs.
MVFC Circle jerk already thinks we are weak and no way in hell we are overrated because everyone counts on us losing this game big. The only people over looking us are JSU fans because SHSU and their fans aren't over looking anyone and that's a fact.
dunno what board you are reading. Everyone on here thinks you are going to trounce and expose the OVC poser. I haven't seen a JSU fan say anything but SHSU is a good team. We just think our team is better - and for reasons that should be understandable.

Texas
December 1st, 2014, 08:39 PM
dunno what board you are reading. Everyone on here thinks you are going to trounce and expose the OVC poser. I haven't seen a JSU fan say anything but SHSU is a good team. We just think our team is better - and for reasons that should be understandable.
That's called trolling.

Big_Fan
December 1st, 2014, 08:45 PM
xrolleyesx Sounds like you should just bet the farm then. I mean the #1 team out of the OVS should take the #1 Team out of the SLC to the woodshed right??? xcrazyx

Now if you have that fat nose tackle and fat RB from lat year back and healthy then the Kats better pay attention (Although they will just run around the NT)

LOL!

yeah... both that fat RB that had 127 yards rushing and 3 TD's against you, along with the fat nose tackle who occupies space and allowed the LB's to sack your QB 11 times, are back...of course the fat nose tackle had a 5 yard tackle for loss against you last season. The biggest difference this year is that the fat nose tackle is flanked by 3 linemen who could start for many P5 teams...and he subs out with a guy who could also start at P5 schools.

JaxSinfonian
December 1st, 2014, 08:46 PM
MVFC Circle jerk already thinks we are weak and no way in hell we are overrated because everyone counts on us losing this game big.

We must not be reading the same thread. Sure, a lot of folks have JSU favored (I mean, they are the No. 3 seed). Some JSU folks, meanwhile, are high on this season's success and expecting a win; it happens. But there are plenty of OVC-baiting trolls. We're kind of used to them by now.

The only people over looking us are JSU fans because SHSU and their fans aren't over looking anyone and that's a fact.

So which is it? Everyone's counting on a big Sam Houston loss, or only JSU people are overlooking the Kats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
The conversation was FBS transfers. If you look at the earlier list, it is all FBS transfers.

Oh, so now there are two levels of transfers that are to be evaluated differently? xeyebrowx

Why?

Do you keep Nebraska transfer King Frazier, your second leading rusher, in a corner, separated from the JUCO transfers and the high school recruits? xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 09:22 PM
Oh, so now there are two levels of transfers that are to be evaluated differently? xeyebrowx

Why?

Do you keep Nebraska transfer King Frazier, your second leading rusher, in a corner, separated from the JUCO transfers and the high school recruits? xlolx

As I said, I can't remember the last FBS transfer we had, that was my only statement. It's just not what we do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM

I guess we just need to give JSU the damn trophy now and shut down the rest of the playoffs. After all, you guys have a Pro Bowl defensive line, Jim Brown starting at RB and a better version of RGIII at QB. Holy crap!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 09:26 PM
I guess we just need to give JSU the damn trophy now and shut down the rest of the playoffs. After all, you guys have a Pro Bowl defensive line, Jim Brown starting at RB and a better version of RGIII at QB. Holy crap!

Let's see them play someone first.

JaxSinfonian
December 1st, 2014, 09:37 PM
Let's see them play someone first.

Please define "someone."

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM
As I said, I can't remember the last FBS transfer we had, that was my only statement. It's just not what we do.

Let me help jog your memory...he's your CURRENT back up RB...and he's an FBS transfer from Nebraska.

katstrapper
December 1st, 2014, 10:17 PM

(yes, UCA has 7)

Yes the Kats have some transfers, but as someone else said, this is over the last 3 or 4 years. Aside from Trenier Orr and Xavier Smith, every one of the other transfers all played high school football in Texas. So technically, I don't count them as transfers. I just look at them as kids that wanted to get closer to home.xnodx

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Yes the Kats have some transfers, but as someone else said, this is over the last 3 or 4 years. Aside from Trenier Orr and Xavier Smith, every one of the other transfers all played high school football in Texas. So technically, I don't count them as transfers. I just look at them as kids that wanted to get closer to home.xnodx

They're transfers. Period. Nothing wrong with it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2014, 10:39 PM

Let me help jog your memory...he's your CURRENT back up RB...and he's an FBS transfer from Nebraska.

I'm guessing you're just lazy instead of incapable of reading comprehension.

katstrapper
December 1st, 2014, 11:05 PM
They're transfers. Period. Nothing wrong with it.

lk2, I have to say that the game this past Saturday was a pretty good game to watch. Plenty of twists and turns, ups and downs. Very physical. That was the best I have seen the Kat D play all season except for the McNeese game earlier in the year. Next year should be interesting.

Redbirdz
December 1st, 2014, 11:35 PM
Here kitty kitty.

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2014, 12:27 AM
lk2, I have to say that the game this past Saturday was a pretty good game to watch. Plenty of twists and turns, ups and downs. Very physical. That was the best I have seen the Kat D play all season except for the McNeese game earlier in the year. Next year should be interesting.

It was a very intense, physical game, but clean and hard fought. Both teams had offensive injuries which contributed but both defenses came ready to play. Hopefully the Kats have enough left in the tank to take care of the Gamecocks this weekend. It's a winnable game IMO.

As for next year, we don't play each other in the regular season, but my guess is we'll match up in the playoffs again. We lose some great seniors but have a lot coming back (30 juniors), especially on defense. You guys do too.

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2014, 07:36 AM
I grade that attempt at a B-. ;-)

I've learned from the best.

BEAR
December 2nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
We lose some great seniors but have a lot coming back (30 juniors), especially on defense. You guys do too.

30?!! xeyebrowx Won't be much of a drop-off for you guys! We've got 20 and I wonder if Jonathan Woodard will even come back for his senior year with the scouts loving that kid. Wouldn't blame him. But 30... the year after that might be tough for the lions...

YoUDeeMan
December 2nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
I'm guessing you're just lazy instead of incapable of reading comprehension.

That's not the quote I responded to. I'm guessing you're just lazy and shortening your responses instead of being capable of continuing to hold onto your original argument. In fact, since you don't remember when you last had an FBS transfer before this year, one would think that you'd actually get off your lazy duff and do some research instead of simply relying on what could be a faulty memory.

Gosh, this is fun!

To sum it up...you have multiple transfers. It's what NDSU does, despite your attempt to say that they don't.

Texas
December 2nd, 2014, 08:27 AM

Let's not pretend NDSU is getting their door kicked down with all the transfers wanting in.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Let's not pretend NDSU is getting their door kicked down with all the transfers wanting in.

yeah, it sucks winning all those games. Then again - those runner up t-shirts are pretty sweet. That might be compelling.

NDSUtk
December 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
That's not the quote I responded to. I'm guessing you're just lazy and shortening your responses instead of being capable of continuing to hold onto your original argument. In fact, since you don't remember when you last had an FBS transfer before this year, one would think that you'd actually get off your lazy duff and do some research instead of simply relying on what could be a faulty memory.

Gosh, this is fun!

To sum it up...you have multiple transfers. It's what NDSU does, despite your attempt to say that they don't.

We currently have six transfers. However, as pointed out, this (hijacked) thread was about FBS transfers. Our 6 transfers:
1 from Nebraska...obviously FBS
1 from Bemidji State, MN (D2)
1 from Minnesota State Moorhead, MN (D2)
1 from Minnesota-Crookston (D2)
2 from Valley City State, ND (NAIA)

I also went back to 2011 roster, just to ensure it wasn't an anomaly right now, 9 that year:
3 from NDSCS, 1 from Snow JC, 1 from San Diego-Mesa Community College and 1 from Foothill JC - all 2 year/junior colleges
1 from Bemidji State (D2) and 1 from Nebraska-Omaha (D2 and the year they dropped football I believed)
1 from New Mexico State (FBS), which to me is kind of amusing as it was our kicker

So it is fairly valid to say we don't rely on FBS transfers. And considering each roster is 4-5 recruiting classes, you're talking 1-2 a year, with most moving "up" to FCS.

Link to our roster for the last 10 years: http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?roster=171&path=football

Nova09
December 2nd, 2014, 08:46 AM
Not to derail this thread any further, but I'm not sure Villanova currently has any transfers. In 09 I think there were 2, a DL who rarely played and Ross Ventrone who redshirted at Pitt but came to Nova cuz his brother played there (and subsequently made the NFL) so it's not like we were out looking for transfers he had a natural reason to come.

Texas
December 2nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
yeah, it sucks winning all those games. Then again - those runner up t-shirts are pretty sweet. That might be compelling.

Why are you so butt hurt about the facts? It doesn't matter how many wins or losses you have because at the end of the day NDSU is just an FCS school in a low pop state.

Also ND 750k total state pop rounded up vs 6.5M in the Houston area.

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Huntsville is in the middle of Dallas-Ft Worth & Houston - 2 of the hottest recruiting beds around. It's no surprise these kids consider coming home to play for a winning FCS program if all the recruiting "promises" do not work out out of state or at one of the FBS programs here in Texas (psst...they're kinda talented...TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas, etc).

No, NDSU isn't going to get a lot of transfers because there's not a lot of FBS talent in the state. Yes, you've won the last 3 national championships. No, bringing in transfers isn't the end-all, be-all but the very talented ones with 2-3 yrs of eligibility left sure do make great FCS players. Yes, NoDak is currently doing laundry/dishes while watching this thread. So, what are we debating again??

As far as the game, obviously a 10-1 Jax St team is the real deal. I doubt any coach or player at Sam is taking ANYONE lightly. In fact, 5dimes has the Gamecocks -9. Personally, I think I'll make a little money on that line. Looking forward to a good game.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2014, 10:12 AM
Huntsville is in the middle of Dallas-Ft Worth & Houston - 2 of the hottest recruiting beds around. It's no surprise these kids consider coming home to play for a winning FCS program if all the recruiting "promises" do not work out out of state or at one of the FBS programs here in Texas (psst...they're kinda talented...TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas, etc).

No, NDSU isn't going to get a lot of transfers because there's not a lot of FBS talent in the state. Yes, you've won the last 3 national championships. No, bringing in transfers isn't the end-all, be-all but the very talented ones with 2-3 yrs of eligibility left sure do make great FCS players. Yes, NoDak is currently doing laundry/dishes while watching this thread. So, what are we debating again??

As far as the game, obviously a 10-1 Jax St team is the real deal. I doubt any coach or player at Sam is taking ANYONE lightly. In fact, 5dimes has the Gamecocks -9. Personally, I think I'll make a little money on that line. Looking forward to a good game.

If any statistician wanted to crunch the numbers, I bet there is a strong correlation between a state's population (which would equally correspond to the number of FBS schools) and the number of FBS transfers to that state's FCS schools. It just makes sense.

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM

Not sure it's a lack of "FBS talent" as much as NDSU is able to take advantage of an underrecruited part of the country that has a relatively low number of FBS programs to battle with. There are no FBS programs in North or South Dakota and only one in neighboring Minnesota. I'm sure MAC schools and a few Big 10 schools pick their spots but it's not like Dallas or Houston where nearly every FBS program sets up shop during the recruiting season, scouring for players. It's similar in Louisiana and neighboring Mississippi. I'd bet more than half of the FBS schools consistently recruit this area. As a result, Southland and SWAC schools fight for the kids who slip through the cracks and battle for the inevitable transfers. Before the internet, cell phones, and readily available video, it was a lot easier for FCS schools to hide kids ... not that way anymore.

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2014, 12:48 PM
30?!! xeyebrowx Won't be much of a drop-off for you guys! We've got 20 and I wonder if Jonathan Woodard will even come back for his senior year with the scouts loving that kid. Wouldn't blame him. But 30... the year after that might be tough for the lions...

We'll need to do some retooling and have to replace Bennett, but shouldn't be much drop off, especially if we hit on the right transfers. The offseason will be interesting to say the least.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
We'll need to do some retooling and have to replace Bennett, but shouldn't be much drop off, especially if we hit on the right transfers. The offseason will be interesting to say the least.

It looked like your backup QB has some skill. What is his classification? Anybody else in the pipeline to replace Bennett?

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
I see quite a few top 25 teams in the Southland next year.

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
It looked like your backup QB has some skill. What is his classification? Anybody else in the pipeline to replace Bennett?

The kid who came in the game Saturday (D'Shaie Landor) is a sophomore transfer from ULL. He has some athletic ability and a very bright kid, just lacks size. We also have a true freshman from Katy who is redshirting. We'll definitely bring in another HS QB and more than likely a transfer if the right fit is available. But right now, Landor appears to be the frontrunner heading into the spring.

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
SHSU Game notes.....

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2014, 03:28 PM
SHSU Game notes.....

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

Wow. 5 seniors on the two-deep roster. There is always next year if Jax State takes us down.

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2014, 03:55 PM
5 seniors on the two-deep roster.

Actually only 4, Adebo is a Soph. its a misprint on the 2 deep. Only 3 starters on both sides are seniors so yes the future is bright but I guarantee they aren't looking ahead just yet.

Redbirdz
December 2nd, 2014, 10:51 PM
Jax State has 11 FBS transfers, I believe, and some really good ones on the D line. Also QBs from Minnesota and Georgia.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2014, 09:19 AM
Jacksonville State 31
Sammy 21

jsualumnus
December 4th, 2014, 02:50 AM
Jax State rolls in this one... Our front line is too fast and strong for the SHSU OL and they won't get more than 150 yds rushing. Eli proves to be too much of a play maker in this one and leads Jax State to a big win. To be honest, we at JSU have never seen the Star predict such a big win over a playoff team... So, we're thinking that it could be true...

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/article_65556cd2-7aa5-11e4-9bb3-3314ab9402ec.html

jsualumnus
December 4th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Jax State wins big. JSU D is too fast and will stop the SHSU run after qtr 1. Eli proves he is a playmaker...

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/article_65556cd2-7aa5-11e4-9bb3-3314ab9402ec.html

TheEagleSHSU
December 5th, 2014, 02:42 PM
To me that article is more of them trying to convince themselves that JSU might win. I find this article to be a reach and provides statistics that the teams are even, but due to 1 player grinning and saying he likes it when teams run the ball that the COCKS automatically are gonna smoke SHSU. Let's see what happens tomorrow folks!

Sammy94
December 5th, 2014, 02:49 PM
You mean a local paper predicting the local team to win? That happens??

jaxstategamecock
December 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM
JSU will get the win. I know a lot of the guys of the team and they are determined to win.

Im saying jsu 36 shsu 14

Texas
December 5th, 2014, 06:50 PM
JSU will get the win. I know a lot of the guys of the team and they are determined to win.

Damn why would we even show up now if your team is determined to win? Clearly no one at SHSU cares.
http://i.imgur.com/RZ2g18y.gif

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Damn why would we even show up now if your team is determined to win? Clearly no one at SHSU cares.
http://i.imgur.com/RZ2g18y.gif

I bet he's a player. Too scared (or smart) to say who he really is.

Bearkat-Backer
December 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Jacksonville State 31
Sammy 21
I was on the fence about this one, but now a Bearkat win is a stone cold lock.

Redbirdz
December 5th, 2014, 11:37 PM
yeah sure.

Gangtackle11
December 6th, 2014, 05:38 AM
SAM HOUSTON vs. JACKSONVILLE STATE!

SAM HOUSTON is weighing in with a rating of 75.8

JACKSONVILLE STATE is weighing in with a rating of 78.9

According to the Born Power Index, JACKSONVILLE STATE is projected to be 3.10000000000001 points stronger than SAM HOUSTON

Please keep in mind that this index is purely mathematical. The Spread calculator uses the current ratings to make the predictions.

The B.P.I. is entering its 53rd consecutive year of indexing team sports. Returning this season is the popular area of interest - The Spread: Just select the opponents and The Spread provides The Born Power Index projection for the outcome of that game.

The B.P.I. has proven to be an accurate vehicle in the assessment of a team's progress through the course of the season. The higher ranked team was victorious in 80.9% of 23,506 games indexed during the 2013-2014 season.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Per a trusted source out of Alabama, JSU will win 412-3. Kats get a late FG

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
I was on the fence about this one, but now a Bearkat win is a stone cold lock.

Originally Posted by MTfan4lifehttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2190325#post2190325)I'm sure you're all thinking, "Quit messing around and just post the damn scores already!" Ok ok. Here they are:

might want to re-examine your thinking there Kup Cakes....

Not on AGS

FCSbuff319

Trumpster

MTfan4life

caribbeanhen

smilo

Massey

WileECoyote06

CappinHard

centennial

Nickels
December 6th, 2014, 08:42 AM
"I think their defensive line is every bit as good as the one we just saw against Southeastern Louisiana,” Bearkats coach K.C. Keeler said. “But I don’t think they’re quite as good behind that at the linebackers, the safeties and the corners. We need to get to the second level and make some plays.”

Hey Cocks. KC basically called your D a bunch of punk bitches...just like he did in 1980.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2014, 09:11 AM
"I think their defensive line is every bit as good as the one we just saw against Southeastern Louisiana,” Bearkats coach K.C. Keeler said. “But I don’t think they’re quite as good behind that at the linebackers, the safeties and the corners. We need to get to the second level and make some plays.”

Hey Cocks. KC basically called your D a bunch of punk bitches...just like he did in 1980.

20250.....WHEN HE PLUCKED THREE STRAIGHT PIGGIES....OUTTAH DUH SKY.......DOSE BALLS....NOW DANGLIN'...ON HIS X-MAS TREE.....xcoolxxxmasxxcoolx..AWK!

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Good matchup. Interesting, on our board a few years back there was discussion of a home and home series against JAX being a done deal. I don't know what happened to that and then I see they are flying into the playoffs this year.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2014, 09:22 AM

1980 is close but it was 78.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM
1980 is close but it was 78.

Hey Caribb! Long time! You keeping that seaside barstool open for my return? Its been 10 years since the 2004 Delaware-Lafayette playoff game already! And next year we start a series! KC of course was from Glassboro became Rowan Univ.

Redbirdz
December 6th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Kats, there is a reason you are coming to our place.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 09:49 AM
True. We never win playoff games on the road.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
True. We never win playoff games on the road.

It might be too warm.

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Kats, there is a reason you are coming to our place.

A federal program bringing real talent to those in need?

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
All I have read is how JSU's D-Line will be too fast for the SHSU O-line, SEC transfers, blah, blah, blah ...... Just because there are two D-lineman from the SEC and some big,fat white kid at nose tackle doesn't make JSU a lock. I can tell you this, the SE Louisiana defense was the fastest defensive unit I have seen the Kats play all year. The Lions defense was legit. I hope the JSU coach and team come in to this game with blinders on like some of their fans because SHSU will scrap and fight and hang around and take this game.

As far as the JSU offense, this pretty much the same exact offense that SHSU is running. Kat D seen a lot of that.

And the JSU fans need to remember this, the Gamecocks are going up against a team that is in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row. If JSU blows this game out early, then I will say they are legit, but until then.................
Be ready for a fight !!.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Keyshawn Hill catches a screen pass & scores to tie it up in 1st. 7-7

lionsrking2
December 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Keyshawn Hill catches a screen pass & scores to tie it up in 1st. 7-7

I don't wanna hear another word about JSU's defense. Kats not having much trouble moving the ball.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Problem is, we can't tackle. 14-7 JSU

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure I've heard or seen a more whiney bunch of players/fans. These JSU folks are unreal. That includes EWU

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM
JSU throws INT. Johnson scores. 14-14

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Kats can't tackle. Geez.

Hall blocks the the kick though. 20-14 JSU

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Kats can't tackle. Geez.

Hall blocks the the kick though. 20-14 JSU

no kidding!!!

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:12 PM
TD pass by Johnson. Kats lead 21-20

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
BOOM!!

lionsrking2
December 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
BOOM!!

Been waiting on them to hit Brown on the fade. JSU doesn't have the DB's to match up in man coverage.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
SELA defense is a way better squad than these guys.

Now if our guys could freaking tackle

lionsrking2
December 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM
SELA defense is a way better squad than these guys.

Now if our guys could freaking tackle

JSU reminds me of Central Arkansas. Good looking kids up front, not much else.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Jax St adds a FG. 23-21

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Kats drive it down to the 10 but settle for FG. 24-23 Kats

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 02:34 PM
JSU reminds me of Central Arkansas. Good looking kids up front, not much else.

im not as impressed as i thought i would be for a #3 team in country. SHSU OL is playing well.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
26-24 JSU at half

lionsrking2
December 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I bet there's less than 5k at this game. Probably about 3 on the home side, less than 500 on the visitors.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 03:22 PM
49 yd TD pass to Brown caps off a 91 yd scoring drive. 2 pt conv no good. 30-26 Kats

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 03:23 PM
BOOM AGAIN!!

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 03:29 PM
wow terrible coaching decision by JSU there u are only down by 4 at home........

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
JSU is playing like a bunch of 7th graders

Overstreet GONE!! 37-26 Kats

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
BAM!!!

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
wow terrible coaching decision by JSU there u are only down by 4 at home........

And it costs them........

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
JSU is playing like a bunch of 7th graders

Overstreet GONE!! 37-26 Kats

They are getting very frustrated

Sammy94
December 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I thought nobody breaks big runs on Jax. st? Perhaps that was the OVC?

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Man that stadium emptied when the weather changed

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I thought nobody breaks big runs on Jax. st? Perhaps that was the OVC?

Not everybody has a 6'1 210 running back that runs a 4.31 forty.

McNeese75
December 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Does #12 for JSU whine after EVERY play????? Just silly

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM
WR Barge is the biggest little bitch in the stadium

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Does #12 for JSU whine after EVERY play????? Just silly

Ha ha.. Yep

and the ref could call holding every play if they wanted while trying to block PJ Hall!! He is a beast

Nickels
December 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Ha ha.. Yep

and the ref could call holding every play if they wanted while trying to block PJ Hall!! He is a beast
They are seriously holding him every play...and their fans have the audacity to bitch about the officiating.
http://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/986/jsu-shsu-discussion-thread

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM
That ball was obviously on the ground, wasted timeout by JSU bad coaching again.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 04:15 PM
These fans are unreal.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM
No holding there? That was rediculous.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I think the coaches have just told them to do it every play. They can't call it EVERY play, can they?

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Justice there for the SHSU D.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM
37 on the best defense in the history of college football isn't too shabby for a rebuilding year.

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM
NEXT!!!!

Sammy94
December 6th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Lol OVC is what we thought they were.

Texas
Nobody runs on JSU huh?

chattownmocs
So is JSU thug U because of their players? Or white trash U because of their fans?

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM
And for all the JSU fans who will come on here saying they got hosed by the refs, your OWN player just threw a punch at his teammate. Case closed.

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Great win, Kats! Definitely peaking at the right time!

McNeese75
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
The Bye week as a seed is not ALWAYS a good thing. I think it bit JSU today but SHSU just took it to them.

THINICE
December 6th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I think we're getting our money's worth out of this Keeler guy.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Surprising result; OVC looks like it was significantly overrated this season. Congrats to SHSU, who've overcome a D2 abomination to make the FCS quarters.

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
And for all the JSU fans who will come on here saying they got hosed by the refs, your OWN player just threw a punch at his teammate. Case closed.
What??

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
37 on the best defense in the history of college football isn't too shabby for a rebuilding year.

48-13, right?

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Meaning the penalties were legit...quit cheating & they'll quit throwing flags

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 04:31 PM

Im saying jsu 36 shsu 14

Ouch

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 04:33 PM

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Catatonic
December 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Surprising result; OVC looks like it was significantly overrated this season. Congrats to SHSU, who've overcome a D2 abomination to make the FCS quarters.

Well, if you are gonna get curb stomped by a D2 team, you might as well make it against a good D2 team.Second ranked CSU Pueblo won today to advance to the D2 semi finals. Should take a little of the sting out of the humiliation.

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Jax State rolls in this one... Our front line is too fast and strong for the SHSU OL and they won't get more than 150 yds rushing. Eli proves to be too much of a play maker in this one and leads Jax State to a big win. To be honest, we at JSU have never seen the Star predict such a big win over a playoff team... So, we're thinking that it could be true...

Care to revise?

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Well, if you are gonna get curb stomped by a D2 team, you might as well make it against a good D2 team.Second ranked CSU Pueblo won today to advance to the D2 semi finals. Should take a little of the sting out of the humiliation.
Getting to the playoffs and winning two games makes that game a distant memory much less a sting.

kdinva
December 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
another surprise today......

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 04:47 PM

Not to everyone.

lol OVC

Sent directly from my mind.

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 04:49 PM

Shouldn't be surprised.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM
OVC is overrated. Sam had the easiest path to frisco

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Here kitty kitty.

Is it cannibalism if a red bird has to eat crow?

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Is it cannibalism if a red bird has to eat crow?
They way they are throwing punches at each other... I doubt they have an issue.

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
They way they are throwing punches at each other... I doubt they have an issue.
Who did that? Is that why they got the 15yd penalty at the end of the game?

lionsrking2
December 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM

Not surprised at all.

katstrapper
December 6th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Kats had 241yds rushing on that SEC...uuhh.. JSU defense.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Congrats Kats!

Sammy94
December 6th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Really Rev? Since when did a trip thru Fargo become easy?

Bearkat-Backer
December 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by MTfan4lifehttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2190325#post2190325)I'm sure you're all thinking, "Quit messing around and just post the damn scores already!" Ok ok. Here they are:

might want to re-examine your thinking there Kup Cakes....

Not on AGS

FCSbuff319

Trumpster

MTfan4life

caribbeanhen

smilo

Massey

WileECoyote06

CappinHard

centennial

I was referencing your picking against the Kats in the playoffs no matter who the opponent was.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Congrats Kats!

kdinva
December 6th, 2014, 06:47 PM

I yield the floor to all those who said "no surprise".......

OVC maybe a hair or three below the SoCon?

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Really Rev? Since when did a trip thru Fargo become easy?

Well true

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I wasn't expecting this. Guess that is what you get when you believe JSU fans.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I wasn't expecting this. Guess that is what you get when you believe JSU fans.

The silence you hear are the JSU fans.

CockyGeek
December 6th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Two evenly matched teams for the most part. Gamecocks did themselves no favors with penalties that kept the Kats on the field. It may or may not have affected the outcome of the game, but this was the worst officiated game in the history of the NCAA.

I'm not going to bow down to the MVFC now. It wasn't like it was a 42-0 beat down. Good luck on the rest of your season, Kats. Met some fans out in the parking lot that were cool guys.

marenlee
December 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
What are the Jax St players going to tweet this time? They were disrespected by SHSU for beating them?

Thunderwolves Fan
December 6th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Sam Houston, keep it up!

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Two evenly matched teams for the most part. Gamecocks did themselves no favors with penalties that kept the Kats on the field. It may or may not have affected the outcome of the game, but this was the worst officiated game in the history of the NCAA.

I'm not going to bow down to the MVFC now. It wasn't like it was a 42-0 beat down. Good luck on the rest of your season, Kats. Met some fans out in the parking lot that were cool guys.
Huh? You did not play a MVFC team.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 07:49 PM

No, that was our game.

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM
No, that was our game.

Pretty sure it was actually our game....LOL!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Pretty sure it was actually our game....LOL!

We had a play that was 3rd and Cleveland go off 2 ticks after the play clock expired which was then called for defensive holding and given a first down leading to a TD.

We had a pass that was 8 feet over the defensive line called a tipped ball that was luckily overturned on replay that saved a pass interference penalty.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
The silence you hear are the JSU fans.

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 08:00 PM

Don't call bad officiating. Your team is flat out undisciplined, blame the coaching. Your team got into a fight with each other, gonna blame the refs for that one too?

dudeitsaid
December 6th, 2014, 08:06 PM
We had a play that was 3rd and Cleveland go off 2 ticks after the play clock expired which was then called for defensive holding and given a first down leading to a TD.

We had a pass that was 8 feet over the defensive line called a tipped ball that was luckily overturned on replay that saved a pass interference penalty.

It was tongue in cheek. But I wouldn't say our game was well officiated either. Reasons for both teams to be frustrated. But thankfully, it didn't effect the final outcome of our game.

It sucks when officiating effects the game in such a negative way.

Rjones61
December 6th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Year
Regular Season Champion
Record
FCS Championship Result

Western Kentucky
7–0
Quarterfinals

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
Murray State
5–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Jacksonville State
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
First Round

UT Martin
Eastern Illinois
6–1
7–1
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
8–0
First Round

Eastern Kentucky
7–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois $
6–2
First Round

Southeast Missouri State
7–1
First Round

Tennessee Tech $$
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
6–2
6–2
6–2
First Round
First Round
DNP

Eastern Illinois
6–1
First Round

Eastern Illinois
8–0
Quarterfinals

What can I say? Called it.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 08:41 PM
What are the Jax St players going to tweet this time? They were disrespected by SHSU for beating them?

xlolx

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM

The only reason it would be bad officiating is because they ONLY called 3 holding penalties on the person blocking PJ. Kid was held nearly every play.....he is a fricking stud and amazes me more every week. 3 more years of that kid is going to be fun to watch!

Sammy94
December 6th, 2014, 09:18 PM
It had to be the officiating, there is no way we could put that many rushing yards on that all OVC, best in the FCS front seven of Jax St.

BearKatProud
December 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
It had to be the officiating, there is no way we could put that many rushing yards on that all OVC, best in the FCS front seven of Jax St.

But they were so sure!

Wait, here they come to explain it.

Never mind, that was gas. They're still hiding.

Texas
December 6th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Jalen Overstreet vs the all SEC D Line
https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulConcernedCuttlefish

Rjones61
December 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
All of the Jacksonville State fans have completely vanished.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Hey Caribb! Long time! You keeping that seaside barstool open for my return? Its been 10 years since the 2004 Delaware-Lafayette playoff game already! And next year we start a series! KC of course was from Glassboro became Rowan Univ.

has it been 10 years already...Times sure have changed as you'll probably be favored next year when we meet up. I didnt come down here to pizz my fortunes away at the bar. I came and stayed to preserve wealth .... Google it if you dont like paying taxes

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2014, 07:43 AM
has it been 10 years already...Times sure have changed as you'll probably be favored next year when we meet up. I didnt come down here to pizz my fortunes away at the bar. I came and stayed to preserve wealth .... Google it if you dont like paying taxes

I should have moved down to the banana republics

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2014, 08:48 AM

Banana Republic been very good to me Rev.... and speaking of Republics, last time I was in Texas I had to get my Spanish speaking wife to translate for me..... does anyone speak English in that state? figured if I was gonna have to learn Spanish might as well not pay taxes and be warm.

citdog
December 9th, 2014, 01:49 AM

What do you think the 'late united States' are?

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2014, 07:30 AM
What do you think the 'late united States' are?

she had to translate for me in Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama as well.... all Non-English speaking states!