PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Fordham at #1 UNH

Pages : [1] 2

ace93
November 29th, 2014, 11:03 PM
To be the best, you have to take down the best. Fordham has to play much better than they did today where they benefitted from a lot of miscues by the opponent.

Should be a UNH win, but what should happen does not always happen in sports.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Fordham has struggled mightily on defense against the two best teams they've played this year, Villanova and Army. Even SHU diced them up pretty good. Not only is UNH tough on both sides of the ball they're nearly unbeatable on at home. I believe they've lost two games in Durham over the last 5 years. Fordham has had two nice years but watching them play I don't think they have the horses, especially on defense, to really push UNH. If I'm UNH I take away Wetzel and force Nebrich to throw the ball down the field. I think this game is similar to the Towson game last year...

I'll take UNH 48-31....

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Fordham looked rough today against a terrible Sacred Heart team. I can imagine next week goes well for them.

FordhamFan
November 29th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Eh, I'm not as worried about being blown out as today's game might make it seem. Sacred Heart hardly torched us today. Not saying people should have any confidence after today's performance, but we won going away in a badly played game. FU dominated the second half today.

Obviously, UNH is another animal. And I wouldn't bet anything that Fordham wins, but I don't see a blowout coming unless it's turnover city again for the Rams. Which I just don't suspect happens.

Really interested to see UNH though.

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Eh, I'm not as worried about being blown out as today's game might make it seem. Sacred Heart hardly torched us today. Not saying people should have any confidence after today's performance, but we won going away in a badly played game. FU dominated the second half today.

Obviously, UNH is another animal. And I wouldn't bet anything that Fordham wins, but I don't see a blowout coming unless it's turnover city again for the Rams. Which I just don't suspect happens.

Really interested to see UNH though.

You don't expect turnovers to be an issue after having 3 against Sacred Heart?

FordhamFan
November 30th, 2014, 12:17 AM
You don't expect turnovers to be an issue after having 3 against Sacred Heart?

Nah, not really. One was an Edmonds fumble, which was his first of the year if I remember correctly. Two Nebrich INTs: One an uncharacteristically bad throw and a second the DB essentially guessed on a stick route and drove on the ball before Nebrich even threw it. It was a gamble that paid off for the SHU kid. Great play.

So today's turnovers didn't really worry me that much. And Sacred Heart is the funkiest defense Fordham will ever see in terms of looks they give and what not. Confusing looks leading to blitzes unblocked etc.

I definitely wear rose colored glasses, but breaking down the TOs today, and it's not something I would count on going forward. But hey, ya never know.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2014, 01:36 AM
I see two outcomes

My first instinct is that UNH should be able to score AT WILL against Fordham. If our defense shows up like it has all year, could be a blowout.

Second view is that the UNH defense doesn't show up and Nebrich does his thing. In that case I see a 55-52 score for either team.

I will put my money on UNH as they are as good as NDSU at home. 2 losses in Durham since 2008. NUTS.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2014, 01:44 AM
UNH has recorded wins in 21 or their last 22 home games, are 31-2 in their last 33 at home. UNH is 40-4 since 2007 at home.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Fordham is a hell of a match-up though. UNH better be ready.

JoltinJoe
November 30th, 2014, 05:22 AM
I Believe That We Will Win (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4)

NY Crusader 2010
November 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM
49-31 UNH. This HAS to be the Wildcats year. The Fordham offense will have to get rolling very early for them to have a chance, otherwise it might be 17-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. If Fordham wins, they're going to need a minimum of six touchdowns.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 09:39 AM
UNH will eventually disappoint, just not next week!

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2014, 09:44 AM
UNH has recorded wins in 21 or their last 22 home games, are 31-2 in their last 33 at home. UNH is 40-4 since 2007 at home.

And I was there at Cowell Stadium in Durham one year ago today for one of those wins!!!

KPSUL
November 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I see these two teams close to a match on offense, the difference will be on defense. Any Fordham/Patriot Conf. fans know how healthy Fordham is on defense? I saw the Army game and there were several Fordham players injured.

Anyway, the teams that UNH has had the most trouble with the last two seasons are very strong defensive teams that also have a solid running game that together minimize the amount of time the UNH offense is on the field. Not a team like Fordham. The 2014 Wildcat Defense is playing better, particularly at coming up with a key stop or turnover. I think Fordham can make it competitve, but because of UNH's defensive advantage, I don't think Fordham can match UNH score for score. I see this game as high scoring with UNH coming out with a 9 -11 point win; depending on how successful the much to often UNH 2 point conversions turn out.

Fordham
November 30th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Ridiculously tall order for us. This is the penalty for us now having beat Army.

Nonetheless, glad it's December and we are still playing ball.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Creating pressure will be key for the UNH defense.

Catsfan90
November 30th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Any of the fordham fans headed to boulder for a tailgate?

ace93
November 30th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I see these two teams close to a match on offense, the difference will be on defense. Any Fordham/Patriot Conf. fans know how healthy Fordham is on defense? I saw the Army game and there were several Fordham players injured.

Our main injured defensive player, Brett Biestek, was out against SHU, but should be back for UNH. We did not have anyone else out on the defensive side against SHU. There are certainly guys who are nicked up, but I would think most teams have those this time of year.

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Ridiculously tall order for us. This is the penalty for us now having beat Army.

Nonetheless, glad it's December and we are still playing ball.

Yeah - someone incorrectly announced Fordham had beat Army ay Yankee Stadium...Cant recall if Jim Finnen the PA announcer (from Lafayette doing his very last game) or someone in the crowd. I found out later the real score.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
A game at UNH is definitely on the FCS bucket list. However, I'm not sure I visit Durham when my team is playing there.

Skycop27
November 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM
And I was there at Cowell Stadium in Durham one year ago today for one of those wins!!!

Wow! Didn't your therapist put you under a hypnotic state to erase that embarrassment from your memory yet?

Skycop27
November 30th, 2014, 03:36 PM
To be the best, you have to take down the best. Fordham has to play much better than they did today where they benefitted from a lot of miscues by the opponent.

Should be a UNH win, but what should happen does not always happen in sports.

That's why they play the game. Bring your "A" game to the Dungeon on Saturday and may the best team advance.

Skycop27
November 30th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Nah, not really. One was an Edmonds fumble, which was his first of the year if I remember correctly. Two Nebrich INTs: One an uncharacteristically bad throw and a second the DB essentially guessed on a stick route and drove on the ball before Nebrich even threw it. It was a gamble that paid off for the SHU kid. Great play.

So today's turnovers didn't really worry me that much. And Sacred Heart is the funkiest defense Fordham will ever see in terms of looks they give and what not. Confusing looks leading to blitzes unblocked etc.

I definitely wear rose colored glasses, but breaking down the TOs today, and it's not something I would count on going forward. But hey, ya never know.

I believe UNH had 6 turnovers vs Maine to keep their number 1 ranking. We all know that won't get the job done Saturday.

Skycop27
November 30th, 2014, 03:41 PM
UNH will eventually disappoint, just not next week!

Your tea leaves and my tea leaves are saying the same thing.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Heard a rumor Morehead is headed to Buffalo. If true, I hope he can finish strong w Fordham.

Fordham
November 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Heard a rumor Morehead is headed to Buffalo. If true, I hope he can finish strong w Fordham.i wouldn't be shocked if he leaves but I would be if it were for Buffalo.

UNHFan
November 30th, 2014, 07:06 PM
48-0 At the Half!!!! I am done with be classy!!! Respecting other coaches!! Its cut throat time!!!

RetiredRam
November 30th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Heard a rumor Morehead is headed to Buffalo. If true, I hope he can finish strong w Fordham.

Not this time. Lance Leipold from D-III Wisconsin-Whitewater. I do expect Morehead to move on at somepoint though.

Go...gate
November 30th, 2014, 07:56 PM

Isn't that game still in progress? There is still an active AGS thread on it. :Dxthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2014, 08:41 PM

Buffalo is a very shaky position. The Bulls won the league on a couple miracles under Gill and then road an all world LB to a bowl a couple of years ago. You have a much better chance of being fired from Buffalo than reaching the promised land. Gill's honeymoon was in Kansas for 3 years. Morehead should pursue other options.

An OC at a great FBS program would be a great gig. Penn State comes to mind, they simply need an offense. He could parlay a strong performance there into a BCS gig. Franklin has to know about him.

FordhamFan
November 30th, 2014, 09:19 PM

Not so fast, my friend

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/28/buffalo-bulls-hire-lance-leipold-head-coach

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Not so fast, my friend

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/28/buffalo-bulls-hire-lance-leipold-head-coach

Well im happy for Fordham it's not true. Best of luck at UNH. Could be a better game than most think.

Catsfan90
November 30th, 2014, 11:42 PM
What is the status on Neibrich? I've heard some buzz that he has been playing injured.

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 06:36 AM
What is the status on Neibrich? I've heard some buzz that he has been playing injured.

Yep. Kid is a warrior. Had second ACL surgery this past Spring, was really gimpy for first few games but then seemed to be getting some movement back before getting the OTHER knee hurt and missing the Colgate and Bucknell games. He came back to start the Georgetown game and had a knee contusion that knocked him out of that one (on the acl knee) before coming back for Army. Someone on our board posted that last year he had 500+ yards rushing and much of it was on 3rd down. This year he has minus 36 or something like that. This is the single biggest (negative) difference between us last year and us this year. Kid is so so tough though.

Tribe4SF
December 1st, 2014, 07:34 AM
I'll be surprised if this game is close. UNH defense is their best in memory. The only team that ever seems to beat them in Durham is W&M, and that hasn't happened since 2010. Without a strong D, Fordham likely struggles to keep up.

UNH Fanboi
December 1st, 2014, 07:43 AM
How good is Fordham's running game? It looks the there could be bad weather in Durham on Saturday.

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
true freshman Chase Edmonds is the likely Payton Award winner and has 1500+ yards rushing. However, if you watch us you'll see that the pass sets up the run rather than the other way around. Sacred Heart bottled us up pretty easily. I don't think we'll find easy rushing yards against you guys unless you somehow overthink things and go nickel or dime all day to prevent our passing game from getting untracked.

Seriously tall order for us. This is the kind of game where we could really use All American TE Dan Light imo but he tore his ACL & MCL at West Point.

Still very psyched for Saturday but, man, the weather, playing on the road and playing against what I think is UNH's first #1 seeded team ever is not going to make things easy. I just hope we can somehow keep things close in the first half since I do think that anything can happen and having senior laden team will help us out. This game could easily get out of hand like the 'Nova game did though, so I'm very wary of how Q1 goes.

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
Is this thread going to last as long as the Lafayette-UNH one?

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2014, 08:03 AM
true freshman Chase Edmonds is the likely Payton Award winner and has 1500+ yards rushing. However, if you watch us you'll see that the pass sets up the run rather than the other way around. Sacred Heart bottled us up pretty easily. I don't think we'll find easy rushing yards against you guys unless you somehow overthink things and go nickel or dime all day to prevent our passing game from getting untracked.

Seriously tall order for us. This is the kind of game where we could really use All American TE Dan Light imo but he tore his ACL & MCL at West Point.

Still very psyched for Saturday but, man, the weather, playing on the road and playing against what I think is UNH's first #1 seeded team ever is not going to make things easy. I just hope we can somehow keep things close in the first half since I do think that anything can happen and having senior laden team will help us out. This game could easily get out of hand like the 'Nova game did though, so I'm very wary of how Q1 goes.

Believe it or not, UNH was actually the #1 seed in 2005, and eventually lost to UNI in the quarterfinals.

I look for UNH to stop the run, and keep pressure on Nebrich. If Nebrich werent as injured and he was more mobile, he may cause problems. But if hes standing in the pocket a lot, I see the Cats pouncing and creating turnovers. I didnt see enough from the Fordham defense Saturday to see any match-up problems on the other side. Unless UNH wants to have 6 turnovers like they did against Maine, UNH should put up 40+.

Skycop27
December 1st, 2014, 08:05 AM
How good is Fordham's running game? It looks the there could be bad weather in Durham on Saturday.

From now until April there will be bad weather in Durham on every Saturday!

Skycop27
December 1st, 2014, 08:14 AM
I'll be surprised if this game is close. UNH defense is their best in memory. The only team that ever seems to beat them in Durham is W&M, and that hasn't happened since 2010. Without a strong D, Fordham likely struggles to keep up.

And the reason your Tribe was so successful in Durham was the historical great defense you had. With both offenses,
Saturdays game will mostly likely come down to who makes the stops.

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 08:21 AM

Nope

Believe it or not, UNH was actually the #1 seed in 2005, and eventually lost to UNI in the quarterfinals.

I look for UNH to stop the run, and keep pressure on Nebrich. If Nebrich werent as injured and he was more mobile, he may cause problems. But if hes standing in the pocket a lot, I see the Cats pouncing and creating turnovers. I didnt see enough from the Fordham defense Saturday to see any match-up problems on the other side. Unless UNH wants to have 6 turnovers like they did against Maine, UNH should put up 40+.
Yep - when we face a 3rd and 5 or 6 and you drop back and have us covered like a blanket, if Nebrich can run for the first down it frustrates the hell out of the defense since you've really done as a good a job as you possibly could have in covering us. Plus, it extends a drive for another four downs and keeps our D off the field. All of those things make that the critical thing to look for. Unfortunately, for as tough as he is, I don't think Nebrich has the wheels to do that this year and it really limits us versus how dynamic our O was last year. If somehow he can, though, the game could get interesting. That, and like you said, some key turnovers.

Our D is missing last year's Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year, Stephen Hodge, as well as last year's starting DE, Emanuel Adeyeye, who started as a true frosh in addition to ILB Victor Difusco and we never saw Joe Klecko's son take a snap at DT after transferring from Temple. Our D has performed pretty admirably given the losses we had to injury but I guess every team goes through that. Certainly makes you wonder what we would have looked like with Hodge and Adeyeye, et. al., though.

FordhamFan
December 1st, 2014, 09:05 AM
And the reason your Tribe was so successful in Durham was the historical great defense you had. With both offenses,
Saturdays game will mostly likely come down to who makes the stops.

I think this nails it. Either team gets a few stops/turnovers, that team will likely come away with this one. Problem is, I think the odds of UNH getting those big stops are about 75/25 over Fordham. Don't think this one will be a talent gap type game, just who executes better, and unfortunately that will probably be UNH

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 10:17 AM
So what's the breakdown on UNH? I really don't know anything other than that you guys are as solid as solid gets all around. What type of O do you run and how is your OL? Running or drop back QB and who are your playmakers?

What type of D do you run and who are your playmakers? Better against the run or pass or pretty balanced?

Special teams?

Btw, our FG kicker is good but he doesn't kick off very deep and we're susceptible to the big KO return. Our punter is maddening as he tends to take too many steps and seems to exist in a time-space continuum all his own when it comes to getting his punts off. This is arguably what sent us to UNH for Rd 2 instead of hosting this weekend after having a bye week as the blocked punt with seconds to go in the first half when we were up at Army both changed the game and it's also when Dan Light tore his knee up when returning the squib kick that followed.

ace93
December 1st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Yep. Kid is a warrior. Had second ACL surgery this past Spring, was really gimpy for first few games but then seemed to be getting some movement back before getting the OTHER knee hurt and missing the Colgate and Bucknell games. He came back to start the Georgetown game and had a knee contusion that knocked him out of that one (on the acl knee) before coming back for Army. Someone on our board posted that last year he had 500+ yards rushing and much of it was on 3rd down. This year he has minus 36 or something like that. This is the single biggest (negative) difference between us last year and us this year. Kid is so so tough though.

He missed Colgate and Bucknell after his appendectomy, not b/c of a knee. The contusion that knocked him out of Georgetown was to his good knee, not the ACL knee.

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 10:43 AM
He missed Colgate and Bucknell after his appendectomy, not b/c of a knee. The contusion that knocked him out of Georgetown was to his good knee, not the ACL knee.

Yikes, I'm getting old. Poor guy has been hobbled so much that I convinced myself they were all knee injuries. Thanks for the corrections.

If he somehow has some mobility so he can extend drives here and there, we may have a shot. Without it, I just don't see it.

ramMan
December 1st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Our D is missing last year's Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year, Stephen Hodge, as well as last year's starting DE, Emanuel Adeyeye, who started as a true frosh in addition to ILB Victor Difusco and we never saw Joe Klecko's son take a snap at DT after transferring from Temple.

...and one more minor correction: Joe Klecko's son transferred from Rutgers, not Temple.

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM
So what's the breakdown on UNH? I really don't know anything other than that you guys are as solid as solid gets all around. What type of O do you run and how is your OL? Running or drop back QB and who are your playmakers?

What type of D do you run and who are your playmakers? Better against the run or pass or pretty balanced?

Special teams?

Btw, our FG kicker is good but he doesn't kick off very deep and we're susceptible to the big KO return. Our punter is maddening as he tends to take too many steps and seems to exist in a time-space continuum all his own when it comes to getting his punts off. This is arguably what sent us to UNH for Rd 2 instead of hosting this weekend after having a bye week as the blocked punt with seconds to go in the first half when we were up at Army both changed the game and it's also when Dan Light tore his knee up when returning the squib kick that followed.

UNH is the same old style of team they have been for the last ten years, just a lot more seniors. I believe there were 19/22 starters returning from last seasons semi-final team, so UNH has plenty of experience to hang its hat on.

On offense, UNH runs the quick Chip Kelly type offense (Where it all started), although it is a bit slower paced than what Chip likes. There is good balance, as like Fordham, the pass sets up the run. Watch out for names like RJ Harris, Nico Steriti, Harold Spears and the QB Goldrich. The offense really depends on those guys, along with solid oline play.

The defense runs a 4-2-5 with a really solid front 4. The linebackers are also smart and fast, but smaller. The secondary has showed huge improvement over years past, as DeAndrade and Thames have become somewhat the shutdown type. The defense is really what is the X-Factor for UNH this post season. As a great defense may shut down the offense, the defense will have to keep pace. The offense crapped the bed against Maine (Who has a stout defense) having six turnovers. Luckily the defense showed up to bail them out and held Maine to 12 points. Similar situation against Stony Brook. The only team that really was able to score on UNH this year was Toledo. Names like DeAndrade, McNeely, Muller, and Kaplan may stand out on Saturday.

Im sure more UNH fans can get into more of the X's and O's details.

The Boogie Down
December 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM

Only if we win! xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2014, 05:44 PM
Anyone know if a PL team has every beaten #1? Nothing comes to mind. I'm pretty sure HC had a loss or two in '88 when Lafayette beat them.

The only time a PL team has played #1 not named Holy Cross that I remember is Lehigh-NDSU in '11 and Colgate-Villanova in 1997. I think the Temple loss dropped Villanova to 2 or 3 when Lehigh played the Wildcats in 2010.

Gordon Shumway
December 1st, 2014, 06:15 PM
Anyone know if a PL team has every beaten #1? Nothing comes to mind. I'm pretty sure HC had a loss or two in '88 when Lafayette beat them.

The only time a PL team has played #1 not named Holy Cross that I remember is Lehigh-NDSU in '11 and Colgate-Villanova in 1997. I think the Temple loss dropped Villanova to 2 or 3 when Lehigh played the Wildcats in 2010.

Colgate-UNH 2005. First round of playoffs with UNH winning 55-21.

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 06:48 PM
UNH by at least two scores.

Fordham
December 1st, 2014, 08:10 PM
UNH by at least two scores.
Dude, I thought you were going to wear our helmet, no?

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Dude, I thought you were going to wear our helmet, no?

Bonarae is wearing it. I like Fordham, but UNH will shake off that Maine game and be loaded for bear.

ngineer
December 1st, 2014, 09:09 PM
If weather cooperates and allows the air game, the Rams can win in a track meet, though it would be close. I expect UNH to keep Nebrich off the field as much of possible with good, sustained drives. Rams can win this, but i give them a 1/4 chance. My pick: UNH-42 FU-34.

Skycop27
December 1st, 2014, 09:31 PM
If weather cooperates and allows the air game, the Rams can win in a track meet, though it would be close. I expect UNH to keep Nebrich off the field as much of possible with good, sustained drives. Rams can win this, but i give them a 1/4 chance. My pick: UNH-42 FU-34.

Well, UNH runs a hurry up offense and it usually produces quick scoring strikes or an even quicker 3 and out.
Puts a lot of pressure on the defense with a very unfavorable time of possession. This frustrates me greatly
come tournament time in certain cold weather and possible sloppy field. But that's how the offense goes, and
they do not deviate from it. Good for a number one seed but time will tell if it costs them the ability to grind one out.

Catsfan90
December 1st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Well, UNH runs a hurry up offense and it usually produces quick scoring strikes or an even quicker 3 and out.
Puts a lot of pressure on the defense with a very unfavorable time of possession. This frustrates me greatly
come tournament time in certain cold weather and possible sloppy field. But that's how the offense goes, and
they do not deviate from it. Good for a number one seed but time will tell if it costs them the ability to grind one out.

I found It strange seeing them huddle up during the Deleware game. I was very unusued to it, and something felt off until it hit me. I cant remember a time that I have ever seen them actually huddle. It really showed in their game speed, and length of possesions.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2014, 12:00 AM
Colgate-UNH 2005. First round of playoffs with UNH winning 55-21.

Correct.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2014, 12:20 AM
Correct.

Where was GSU ranked when the playoffs started in 1998? IIRC, the Eagles were the favorites heading into the playoffs. That year the PL had the fortune of playing the champs and the runner-up in the playoffs.....

Fordhamanhattan
December 2nd, 2014, 02:31 AM
I was sharing conversation with some Fordham players after the game on Saturday and to a man they said they were ascared of playing New Hampshire from the vaunted SEC, I mean CAA. They felt a holy day of obligation to show up as Jesuit trained soldiers of Christ but they clearly feel overmatched. They even agree with Face Brute, the coach of Villanova who said the Rams have no talent and they thought it was nothing but a miracle that they kicked the Villanova Wildcats bottoms the year prior. Or maybe they were just playing possum with this addled alumnus. Just maybe on the Feast of Old Saint Nick, the Maroon will get an early Christmas present!

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2014, 03:08 AM
Where was GSU ranked when the playoffs started in 1998? IIRC, the Eagles were the favorites heading into the playoffs. That year the PL had the fortune of playing the champs and the runner-up in the playoffs.....

I checked and you are correct. We were an at-large in 1998 based on a very good schedule (including a heartbreaking 42-35 loss to Navy at Annapolis) and were the #16 seed, drawing Georgia Southern in the First Round. We stayed with them for a good while but lost 49-28.

MDUNHfan
December 2nd, 2014, 08:16 AM
I found It strange seeing them huddle up during the Deleware game. I was very unusued to it, and something felt off until it hit me. I cant remember a time that I have ever seen them actually huddle. It really showed in their game speed, and length of possesions.

Sean Devine, the Delaware OC, was on the New Hampshire staff for 14 years (1995 - 08) and was the OC at NH his last two years. Just more prudent to huddle and let your QB call the plays.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Wow! Didn't your therapist put you under a hypnotic state to erase that embarrassment from your memory yet?

Indeed! She has me eating pea soup and doing neck exercises :)

Touchdown17
December 2nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
UNH the #1 seed is a tough matchup for us in Round 2 (especially considering
we finished the regular reason ranked #9). I know UNH has played a much tougher
schedule (CAA) and won all their FCS games, but I personally don't believe they
faced an offense all year--as talented and dangerous as Fordham's. I know UNH is potent on
offense as well but I like our chances much better in a shootout, then a ground
and pound game. and our secondary is senior laden and the strength of our Defense...

Fordham and "Mikey Football" Nebrich will find a way to get it done xnodx

Fordham 44
UNH 38

Fordham
December 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM
39 degrees but rainy is what I'm seeing for Saturday in Durham. Accurate? Blech

citdog
December 2nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
true freshman Chase Edmonds is the likely Payton Award winner

Nope

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2014, 04:24 PM
Nope

Depends on your definition of "likely".

If "likely" means 15th in the voting, then sure.

UNH Fanboi
December 2nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Depends on your definition of "likely".

If "likely" means 15th in the voting, then sure.

He must have meant Jerry Rice award.

Touchdown17
December 2nd, 2014, 04:30 PM
pretty sure he was referring to the Jerry Rice award (not Payton) to the most outstanding 'freshman.'

anyway NoDak 4 u can tease Fordham Fans all you like. we'll see you in Texas soon enough :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2014, 04:34 PM
pretty sure he was referring to the Jerry Rice award (not Payton) to the most outstanding 'freshman.'

anyway NoDak 4 u can tease Fordham Fans all you like. we'll see you in Texas soon enough :D

Good. I'll be there.

Fordham
December 2nd, 2014, 05:01 PM
Nope
I was on fire yesterday. Third thing from that passage that I messed up. Yes, it's the Jerry Rice that I should have said.

Thanks Cit

UNHWildcat18
December 2nd, 2014, 06:10 PM
faced an offense all year--as talented and dangerous as Fordham's. I know UNH is potent on
and pound game. and our secondary is senior laden and the strength of our Defense...

Fordham 44
UNH 38

See healthy Richmond week three, they lost their qb and number one receiver a few games after ours but they have a great offense. Got Strauss back but the WR is out for the year.

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2014, 06:21 PM
I see Fordham with an offense that can cause a lot of problems for the opposition, but a defense that can cause even more problems for themselves. Army, which is a bad FBS team, kept their offense off the field enough to win. Army only threw 4 passes the entire game, completing two. UNH is certainly not known as a running team, but the coaching staff is not stupid either.

FordhamFan
December 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
I see Fordham with an offense that can cause a lot of problems for the opposition, but a defense that can cause even more problems for themselves. Army, which is a bad FBS team, kept their offense off the field enough to win. Army only threw 4 passes the entire game, completing two. UNH is certainly not known as a running team, but the coaching staff is not stupid either.

Eh, not a good comparison. Army runs the triple option, that is a completely different animal to what UNH will be offering up on Saturday. While Fordham is a very middle of the road team against the run, it's certainly not a weakness that a team like UNH would alter their offense to attack.

Skycop27
December 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Indeed! She has me eating pea soup and doing neck exercises :)

LMAO! You know, I was indeed at the game last year and I think the UNH tsunami that day would have given the mighty Bison
a run for their money. I have the utmost respect for your coach, his longevity, and his classy program.

Skycop27
December 2nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
I was sharing conversation with some Fordham players after the game on Saturday and to a man they said they were ascared of playing New Hampshire from the vaunted SEC, I mean CAA. They felt a holy day of obligation to show up as Jesuit trained soldiers of Christ but they clearly feel overmatched. They even agree with Face Brute, the coach of Villanova who said the Rams have no talent and they thought it was nothing but a miracle that they kicked the Villanova Wildcats bottoms the year prior. Or maybe they were just playing possum with this addled alumnus. Just maybe on the Feast of Old Saint Nick, the Maroon will get an early Christmas present!

Please, please, please, tell your fellow Hams to bring their "A" game to Durham. PLEASE - I beg of thou!

Skycop27
December 2nd, 2014, 10:11 PM

Fordham 44
UNH 38

I have looked into my crystal ball and have seen what lies ahead for the Rams of Fordham......

Fordhamanhattan
December 3rd, 2014, 05:13 AM
FLASH! The Rams of Fordham, I have been assured, will board the bus for the fray on Saturday despite the seeming impossible odds (this team was called talentless by Face Brute, the coach of Villanova). St. Jude is on call. I unfortunately have to remain on Manhattan Island due to business obligations but am going to try to hook up the computer to the TV in a certain 18th Street tavern. I regret not being able to swing by Lake Spofford where I spent many a summer during my childhood back in the early 60's. On to the Fray! Fordham alumni of the day, actor Pat Harrington.

Fordhamanhattan
December 3rd, 2014, 07:45 AM
The Fordham team may be undermanned but they are an interesting bunch. Slot receiver Brian Wetzel is the grandson of the college playmaker for Basketball HOFer Richie Guerin. Brian was also a very good basketball player at Dallas Jesuit where he was close friends with Jordan Spieth. Defensive line star Brett Biestek is the son of a former Amhearst player and nephew of the fullback for the BC Flutie team fullback. He passed on Yale for Rose Hill. QB Mike Nebrich broke Micheal Vicks Virginia high school passing records. Center Joe Mizera and defensive tackle DEAndre Slate were cocaptains of their high school team in Frankfort, Illinois. Tackle Mason Halter out of St Igantius in Cleveland is the cousin of a former tackle for South Bend's college team. Injured former patrioy League player of the year Stephen Hodge's father played pro football and his uncle John Ryan played pro bsaketball for the Nets. Ian Williams might be the best corner in the nation at this level. Safeties Levon Williams and Jake Dixon are ferocious hitters. Off injured Griffin Murphy is the son of a star Holy Cross quaterback and the grandson of the Holy Cross quarterback from their revered 41 team (think Coconut Grove) who is still going strong at 96. George Dawson of Cardinal Hayes HS think Regis Philbin, Martin Scorcese and Don DeLillo is the only Bronx player. (another Fordham alum of note, motion picture director Robert Mulligan of Summer of 42, Fear Strikes Out etc) Go Rams!

Catsfan90
December 3rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
I have respect for any team UNH plays. I have never said that any of their wins are guaranteed. Although UNH is the favourite, none of that really matters until that game clock strikes 0. I look forward to an exciting December playoff game in New Hampshire. And for anyone who's making their first trip up, bring all your friends and family. I'd love to see the dungeon packed.

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
UNH 41 Fordham 17

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2014, 11:18 AM
UNH game notes are up: http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20141203enx0pk

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
LMAO! You know, I was indeed at the game last year and I think the UNH tsunami that day would have given the mighty Bison
a run for their money. I have the utmost respect for your coach, his longevity, and his classy program.

Thanks my friend!! Appreciate! Yeah, I knew we werent playoff worthy last year at all and after watching the Lehigh game in person at Goodman Stadium (and knowing with that win we clinched the autoinvite with a 5-6 record) turned to my friend and said "I wish we could just end the season now"...Interesting to note that trip up there helped me secure a job come spring. Im a corporate real estate guy and in the interview the CEO said he would have to reschedule our interview because he had to run up to Durham to look at a site being presented to the company for a retail location. Of course, I said I had been there and asked if it was the new retail complex to be constructed near the creek. He was floored I knew Durham! And now I am handling the Letter of Intent (LOI) and lease for space in that complex!

Fordham
December 3rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
UNH game notes are up: http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20141203enx0pk
ugh - that's a depressing read.

but impressive

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
UNH trying to fill up the dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-rDy_2lBGs

UNH72Plus
December 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM
Latest weather.com forecast is 42 degrees and 90% chance of rain (up to 1/2 inch). Anything could happen!

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks my friend!! Appreciate! Yeah, I knew we werent playoff worthy last year at all and after watching the Lehigh game in person at Goodman Stadium (and knowing with that win we clinched the autoinvite with a 5-6 record) turned to my friend and said "I wish we could just end the season now"...Interesting to note that trip up there helped me secure a job come spring. Im a corporate real estate guy and in the interview the CEO said he would have to reschedule our interview because he had to run up to Durham to look at a site being presented to the company for a retail location. Of course, I said I had been there and asked if it was the new retail complex to be constructed near the creek. He was floored I knew Durham! And now I am handling the Letter of Intent (LOI) and lease for space in that complex!

Glad to hear that good things happen to those in the FCS fraternity!

Fordhamanhattan
December 4th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Fordham Rams 54- Granite Staters 26 (Fordham alumnus of the day: Bud Collyer, the original radio Superman)

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 01:04 AM

Alison Preston
UNH Alum
Celtics Dancer

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2014, 01:19 AM

Fordham 44
UNH 38

Funny. I thought Fordham's offense looked terrible. xlolx

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2014, 04:17 AM

Alison Preston
UNH Alum
Celtics Dancer

Sky was she a cheerleader at UNH too?

Fordhamanhattan
December 4th, 2014, 05:23 AM
I see your Celtic cheerleader, and I raise you with Fordham alumni Amanda Seyfried, Taylor Schilling, Virginia Williams and Lana Del Rey. Fold?

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I see your Celtic cheerleader, and I raise you with Fordham alumni Amanda Seyfried, Taylor Schilling, Virginia Williams and Lana Del Rey. Fold?

Trumped, UNH has Mike O Malley.....

Fordhamanhattan
December 4th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Respond with former Fordham football player Denzel Washington plus Alan Alda, Charles Osgood and Captain Kangaroo plus Vincent T. Lombardi, Frankie Frisch, Boston and Yankee hurler Johnny Murphy and Miracle Braves pitching star Dick Rudolph plus Cub and Yankee World series hurler Hank Borowy.

UNHWildcat18
December 4th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Fordham Rams 54- Granite Staters 26 (Fordham alumnus of the day: Bud Collyer, the original radio Superman)

So you think you are going to score more points than you did against sacred heart, which defense is not as good as ours. You also think that your defense is capable of holding one of the best offenses in the nation to 26? if Sacred Heart didn't shoot themselves in the foot they should have had 35 points on you guys. I respect peoples opinions but 54-26..... bold move cotton, we'll see how that one plays out for you

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Respond with former Fordham football player Denzel Washington plus Alan Alda, Charles Osgood and Captain Kangaroo plus Vincent T. Lombardi, Frankie Frisch, Boston and Yankee hurler Johnny Murphy and Miracle Braves pitching star Dick Rudolph plus Cub and Yankee World series hurler Hank Borowy.

Well the woman who wrote and directed Frozen went to UNH so HA!

Fordham
December 4th, 2014, 07:54 AM
So you think you are going to score more points than you did against sacred heart, which defense is not as good as ours. You also think that your defense is capable of holding one of the best offenses in the nation to 26? if Sacred Heart didn't shoot themselves in the foot they should have had 35 points on you guys. I respect peoples opinions but 54-26..... bold move cotton, we'll see how that one plays out for you
check the rest of his posts and you'll see that they tend to be pretty cheeky.

Personally, I can't see a path to victory when I'm playing this out in my head but crazier things have happened. You guys are so solid across the board that we'll need some help via turnovers and miscues to have a shot at what would be a colossal upset. Given that we're a pass-first team, rain wouldn't normally be a good thing for us but in this case it could help out since you guys are also a pass-first team and simply because rain might cause some goofy things to happen. If that goofiness goes our way, it could be the help we need

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 07:58 AM
check the rest of his posts and you'll see that they tend to be pretty cheeky.

Personally, I can't see a path to victory when I'm playing this out in my head but crazier things have happened. You guys are so solid across the board that we'll need some help via turnovers, miscues to have a shot at what would be a colossal upset. Given that we're a pass-first team, rain wouldn't normally be a good thing for us but in this case it could help out since you guys are also a pass-first team and simply because rain might cause some goofy things to happen. If that goofiness goes our way, it could be the help we need

Thats why we play the games. I couldnt see how the Pats could possibly lose to the Giants in 2007, turned out to be the worst day of my life (Im that lucky). UNH has been known to play a stinker, and they would really have to in order for Fordham to win, but I just dont see it. Reading articles right now, sounds like the Wildcats are pretty excited to play this one at home and are rearing to hit people. Plus that Maine game left a bad taste in their mouth. Had UNH steamrolled Maine, there may have been a good possibility of UNH resting on their laurels, but they crapped the bed and know they have to play better. Just a bad combination for Fordham this weekend.

ace93
December 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Thats why we play the games. I couldnt see how the Pats could possibly lose to the Giants in 2007, turned out to be the worst day of my life (Im that lucky). UNH has been known to play a stinker, and they would really have to in order for Fordham to win, but I just dont see it. Reading articles right now, sounds like the Wildcats are pretty excited to play this one at home and are rearing to hit people. Plus that Maine game left a bad taste in their mouth. Had UNH steamrolled Maine, there may have been a good possibility of UNH resting on their laurels, but they crapped the bed and know they have to play better. Just a bad combination for Fordham this weekend.

I think that saying it will require a stinker by UNH is going a bit too far. It will require that UNH not play their best and that Fordham does.

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I think that saying it will require a stinker by UNH is going a bit too far. It will require that UNH not play their best and that Fordham does.

Fair enough. I would call UNH not playing their best a stinker. UNH has won this year by playing stinkers too. Stony Brook and Maine. But both those teams had much better defenses than Fordham has.

FordhamFan
December 4th, 2014, 08:50 AM
If Fordham plays their absolute best, game is a toss up. UNH D not really anything special, just solid. UNH ranks 109th in red zone defense, they can definitely be had.

Problem is, UNH'll probably cause too much pressure and cause a lot of disruption. Fordham gets behind the sticks too often. They can make up for it against PL opponents converting 3rd and 7+ but I doubt UNH allows that to happen.

It's not like Fordham can't win this game. Not like that at all. The thing is the margin of error is just so slim, and FU often gets in its own way a few times a game. UNH will make us pay if that happens.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM

Not without pics!! xlolx

Catsfan90
December 4th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Fair enough. I would call UNH not playing their best a stinker. UNH has won this year by playing stinkers too. Stony Brook and Maine. But both those teams had much better defenses than Fordham has.

Maine wasn't a stinker. If Maine had anywhere decent of an offense they would have been a force to reckon with. Their defense had to carry the team the entire game, and that eventually led to their demise. Holding the #1 team in the nation to some of their lowest numbers of the year, as well as creating six turnovers was no accident.

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Maine wasn't a stinker. If Maine had anywhere decent of an offense they would have been a force to reckon with. Their defense had to carry the team the entire game, and that eventually led to their demise. Holding the #1 team in the nation to some of their lowest numbers of the year, as well as creating six turnovers was no accident.

I disagree. Yes, Maine had a good defense, but Goldrich, coaching, and the offense just sucked. Maine would have won the game had they had a decent offense, but I dont think it was all their doing. UNH pooped the bed.

ace93
December 4th, 2014, 10:38 AM

You are debating with someone who said he "would call UNH not playing their best a stinker".

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 12:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcL8MRfPdAM&list=UUxhP-8XqDHP02oTXUWDDKWg

Fordham
December 4th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Bulletin board material!!!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcL8MRfPdAM&list=UUxhP-8XqDHP02oTXUWDDKWg

Oh I know it!!!
Coach Mac said their O-Line was good....after calling every other aspect of the team excellent!!!!
Pin that up...they'll be pissed....just "good"

Fordham
December 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Oh I know it!!!
Coach Mac said their O-Line was good....after calling every other aspect of the team excellent!!!!
Pin that up...they'll be pissed....just "good"Exactly! it was way too over the top complementary to be believable!

Pin it up!

MDUNHfan
December 4th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Exactly! it was way too over the top complementary to be believable!

Pin it up!

I like it!!! Not too complementary, exactly the way Coach Mac and the team have approached every other opponent. Pull up some of the other interviews prior to and after our previous games this year.

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I like it!!! Not too complementary, exactly the way Coach Mac and the team have approached every other opponent. Pull up some of the other interviews prior to and after our previous games this year.

Coach Mac would find ways to compliment The College of Faith....

I remember his interview during the URI week. You would have thought URI was undefeated. Im pretty sure he said some of their players were the best in the CAA. My jaw dropped.

Touchdown17
December 4th, 2014, 03:21 PM
read an article on UNH DE Cody Muller .. seems like a really good player but he's 24years old already ?

Im just glad my Fordham boys Halter and Coyle are ready to go.. xtroublex xasswhipx :D

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM
read an article on UNH DE Cody Muller .. seems like a really good player but he's 24years old already ?

Im just glad my Fordham boys Halter and Coyle are ready to go.. xtroublex xasswhipx :D

Wow - I guess no age limit as long as one is enrolled? I think I read about a 60 year old kicker somewhere recently..

MDUNHfan
December 4th, 2014, 04:26 PM

He's a good "kid."

From an article (link below):

The 6-foot-4, 254-pounder from Telford, Pa., missed his sophomore season after undergoing surgery to have his colon removed. Muller was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, but when the medication he was taking no longer worked, he had to have the operation.
"It kept me out of school and out of football," he said. "I was back home for a whole semester, which was probably the worst time being away from the guys and away from the team. But it paid off. I recovered full."

- See more at: http://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20140505/Sports/405050310#sthash.x0ZeV42Z.dpuf

Gordon Shumway
December 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Coach Mac would find ways to compliment The College of Faith....

I remember his interview during the URI week. You would have thought URI was undefeated. Im pretty sure he said some of their players were the best in the CAA. My jaw dropped.

I'm pretty sure he did that interview only once at the beginning of the year. Since then they have just been dubbing in the name of the latest opponent, and replaying it. 20229

KPSUL
December 4th, 2014, 07:47 PM
If Fordham plays their absolute best, game is a toss up. UNH D not really anything special, just solid. UNH ranks 109th in red zone defense, they can definitely be had.

Problem is, UNH'll probably cause too much pressure and cause a lot of disruption. Fordham gets behind the sticks too often. They can make up for it against PL opponents converting 3rd and 7+ but I doubt UNH allows that to happen.

It's not like Fordham can't win this game. Not like that at all. The thing is the margin of error is just so slim, and FU often gets in its own way a few times a game. UNH will make us pay if that happens.

Pretty good assessment! But I think the Fordham margin of error is razor thin. At home, 1st playoff game with 2 weeks to prepare, expect this mature UNH team to make Fordham pay for any mistakes and win this game. This UNH team is better than the 2013 version.

FordhamFan
December 4th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Can a UNH person answer me this, why is UNH's stadium called the dungeon?

Gordon Shumway
December 4th, 2014, 08:56 PM

I suppose the correct answer is they very rarely lose there (see post #8). An alternative explanation of the term would be that the place sort of resembles a dungeon, as it was built back when dungeons were in vogue.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 4th, 2014, 09:17 PM

Cowell Stadium was built back in the 1930's, just had lights added this year. Lots of crumbling concrete was fixed this past Summer. Until the 2005 playoffs, the press box didn't have any heat nor many other modern amenities. ESPN was aghast when they showed up to televise games during the 2005 Playoffs. Covering the 1994 App State@UNH playoff game, Mr. C's laptop literally froze! Assistant coaches climb ladders and a catwalk to get to their game day vantage point high up in the old dusty field house overlooking the gridiron. Portalets only on the visitor's side. The visitor's locker room is allegedly the other end of the spectrum from state of the art. Doubt the UNH locker room compares to JMU, Richmond or even URI's in the Ryan Center. High School type aluminum bleachers on the visitor's side and in the end zones. The fans sit a long way from the team benches because of a track and a wide walkway. Add it all up and it's pretty bad. Over the years the players have embraced the crappy facilities, striving to win despite them. I believed they coined the phrase "The Dungeon".

FordhamFan
December 4th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Cowell Stadium was built back in the 1930's, just had lights added this year. Lots of crumbling concrete was fixed this past Summer. Until the 2005 playoffs, the press box didn't have any heat nor many other modern amenities. ESPN was aghast when they showed up to televise games during the 2005 Playoffs. Covering the 1994 App State@UNH playoff game, Mr. C's laptop literally froze! Assistant coaches climb ladders and a catwalk to get to their game day vantage point high up in the old dusty field house overlooking the gridiron. Portalets only on the visitor's side. The visitor's locker room is allegedly the other end of the spectrum from state of the art. Doubt the UNH locker room compares to JMU, Richmond or even URI's in the Ryan Center. High School type aluminum bleachers on the visitor's side and in the end zones. The fans sit a long way from the team benches because of a track and a wide walkway. Add it all up and it's pretty bad. Over the years the players have embraced the crappy facilities, striving to win despite them. I believed they coined the phrase "The Dungeon".

Ah, very good description. Thank you. Fordham will feel right at home then, because crappy facilities are Fordham's calling card.

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sky was she a cheerleader at UNH too?

Actually, Ali was a Patriots cheerleader while at UNH.
There are quite a few UNH alumni who were/are Patriots cheerleaders.

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Not without pics!! xlolx

ask and you shall receive

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 10:34 PM

I raise you with Meagan White, UNH alumni, Patriots Cheerleader, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue participant.

ngineer
December 4th, 2014, 10:57 PM

Amanda is a Lehigh Valley girl.

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
I will not make a prediction. Is not Fordham #2+3 in FCS offense?
I will not make a prediction, Is not Fordham #7 in FCS defense with 10 senior starters?
I will not make a prediction, In tournament time, including this week, there WILL be home teams sent packing by lower seeds.
I will not make a prediction, Why shouldn't this be a competitive game, decided on the gridiron as it should be.
I will not make a prediction, Why will I be willingly and happily (and hopefully well lubricated) be standing in the raw, cold, and rainy Dungeon.
I will not make a prediction, Why don't many people give the Furman Rams, er Fordham Lambs much of a chance?
I will not make a prediction, Why do I know exactly what coaches Moorhead and McDonnell will say to each other in the post game handshake.

citdog
December 4th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Prediction?

Skycop27
December 4th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Prediction?

It is hermetically sealed in an empty Macallan bottle.
For the record and in the interest of full disclosure, I am doccumented to be right 23% of the time!

Go...gate
December 5th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Update on Saturday's weather forecast for Durham, NH?

Fordhamanhattan
December 5th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Ah, very good description. Thank you. Fordham will feel right at home then, because crappy facilities are Fordham's calling card.
And your check will change that, huh? The New Hampshire stadium should be built on Blocks of Granite, as should the Fordham one, now that I think of it.

lydiabixby
December 5th, 2014, 05:41 AM
It is Friday morning, 36 hours prior to kick off and the weather forecasts should be pretty accurate by now. Actually, they haven't changed much at all for the last several days. There will be a low pressure area sliding up the New England Coast Saturday. Consulting the three main forecasting sources, two of them have fairly steady light rain throughout the morning and afternoon Saturday with temps in the high 30s. The third source forecast a bit less rain and temps in the low 40s. One thing they all agree on is nothing more than light and variable winds.

Fordhamanhattan
December 5th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Coach Mac must not have consulted Face Brute, the coach of Villanova, who said that Fordham's cupboard was bare.

Fordhamanhattan
December 5th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Coach Mac must not have consulted Face Brute, the coach of Villanova, who said that Fordham's cupboard was bare.
Actually the Italian is Fachia Brute.

The Boogie Down
December 5th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Actually the Italian is Fachia Brute.

Spelled "faccia brutta" but pronounced fachya-brutta in Italian and facha-brute in most dialects that came to these parts.

Fordhamanhattan
December 5th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I grew up in the Donnie Brasco era Williamsburgh not the hipster Williamsburgh loaded with the tatooed and earinged, the crowd that Diesel at Bamonte's calls the new people. People had knicknames and Fachia Brute was one of them.

UNH72Plus
December 5th, 2014, 10:15 AM

An interesting stat I hadn't seen before. I went back and looked at how their opponents scored while in the red zone and found that UNH failed to hold their opponents to a field goal every time they made it into the red zone. That's 22 touchdowns for 22 trips to the red zone, not a very impressive stat for Cat's D. I guess the solution is keep the Rams out of the red zone!!!!

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2014, 01:38 PM
The rain in this forecast is going to turn two very pass heavy offenses into a running battle of a game. Interesting. Fordham with the better RB, UNH with the better OLine.

Advantage: UNH

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Im not so sure Fordham has the better RB. Nico Steriti and Jimmy owens are very good RB's and all conference players.

UNH72Plus
December 5th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I read somewhere that Fordham's stud running back Chase Edmonds has been fighting a thigh injury and his stats do show a significant drop off in carries and yards per game the last three weeks (45 against Georgetown, 69 against Army, and 91 against Sacred Heart). The Georgetown game was a blow out where he only got 11 carries and at Army he only had 13 carries. Against Sacred Heart he had 24 carries for 91 yards, but SHU is #3 in rushing D. Has anyone heard if he's back to 100% tomorrow's game?

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 04:00 PM
UNH 45
Fordham 13

UNHFootballAlum
December 5th, 2014, 04:08 PM
The rain in this forecast is going to turn two very pass heavy offenses into a running battle of a game. Interesting. Fordham with the better RB, UNH with the better OLine.

Advantage: UNH

Rain isn't a deterent to the passing game anymore with the gloves that they wear. The wind is the real enemy to a passing game and since there will be little wind and they are playing on turf, I expect that then passing games will change very little

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM
TSN picked UNH 35-30. I was a little surprised by that. But to be fair, most computer models suggest a close game. I'm not sure that factors in the extent of the Wildcats home field advantage. They simply don't lose in Durham. It's like NDSU in the dome.....

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Rain isn't a deterent to the passing game anymore with the gloves that they wear. The wind is the real enemy to a passing game and since there will be little wind and they are playing on turf, I expect that then passing games will change very little

The receivers can catch it, but rain makes it mighty hard to throw. That will never change.

blackbeard
December 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I would like to feel better about SHU's performance last week by thinking the Rams can match up well with UNH, but I just don't see it happening. SHU played horrible, our special teams were a complete joke. Fordham beat us soundly in the 2nd half but the entire game was sloppy football. Fordham's special teams seem ripe to be taken advantage of. Offense is great but if UNH gets much pressure on the QB all bets are off. I see UNH winning comfortably, 41-24.

UNHWildcat18
December 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM

I was gonna say haha ask Albany if that slowed us down.

UNH Fanboi
December 5th, 2014, 05:55 PM
An interesting stat I hadn't seen before. I went back and looked at how their opponents scored while in the red zone and found that UNH failed to hold their opponents to a field goal every time they made it into the red zone. That's 22 touchdowns for 22 trips to the red zone, not a very impressive stat for Cat's D. I guess the solution is keep the Rams out of the red zone!!!!

Where did you get that info? In the Maine game alone UNH held Maine to two red zone FGs.

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I would like to feel better about SHU's performance last week by thinking the Rams can match up well with UNH, but I just don't see it happening. SHU played horrible, our special teams were a complete joke. Fordham beat us soundly in the 2nd half but the entire game was sloppy football. Fordham's special teams seem ripe to be taken advantage of. Offense is great but if UNH gets much pressure on the QB all bets are off. I see UNH winning comfortably, 41-24.

See, I hear that point. Specials are definitely something to watch with Fordham, you couldn't be more right when saying that FU's specials are ripe to be taken advantage of.

But the thing to take into account when it comes to last week's sloppy play is SHU's defense is better than UNH's. And much more confusing with their looks. UNH is a team that sticks to what they do, a solid quarters look with some man, and play it well. But the Rams offense can most definitely take advantage. It's there.

UNH is a great team and number one for a reason, but the Pioneers defense is better, simply put. Look at UNH-Dartmouth...the Green moved the ball damn well in the first half. We all know the Maine game honestly could have been a sound defeat if Maine's offense wasn't such ****.

Like we said before, the margin of error is razor thing, but Fordham isn't some 20 point dog. I firmly believe it'll be a game decided by between 3-10 points.

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Also, a fun little wager placed on the UNH-Fordham game by Tony Reali and Jackie McMullan off air on Around the Horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lP7N9FelA&feature=youtu.be

Skycop27
December 5th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Weather is fickle, especially in New England, but there could be gap in the rain storm right around game time.
I will not make a prediction...I will not make a prediction..........

KPSUL
December 5th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Weather is fickle, especially in New England, but there could be gap in the rain storm right around game time.
I will not make a prediction...I will not make a prediction..........

100% chance of rain, high temperature - 42 degrees. Great day for a football game!

Catsfan90
December 5th, 2014, 09:51 PM
100% chance of rain, high temperature - 42 degrees. Great day for a football game!
I wouldn't miss it for anything. I sat through all of Lehigh and Albany! That's why they make raincoats.

UNHWildcat18
December 6th, 2014, 12:53 AM
See, I hear that point. Specials are definitely something to watch with Fordham, you couldn't be more right when saying that FU's specials are ripe to be taken advantage of.

But the thing to take into account when it comes to last week's sloppy play is SHU's defense is better than UNH's. And much more confusing with their looks. UNH is a team that sticks to what they do, a solid quarters look with some man, and play it well. But the Rams offense can most definitely take advantage. It's there.

UNH is a great team and number one for a reason, but the Pioneers defense is better, simply put. Look at UNH-Dartmouth...the Green moved the ball damn well in the first half. We all know the Maine game honestly could have been a sound defeat if Maine's offense wasn't such ****.

Like we said before, the margin of error is razor thing, but Fordham isn't some 20 point dog. I firmly believe it'll be a game decided by between 3-10 points.

I don't believe you, SHU's defense is not better. You can look at stats all you want. I was at the Dartmouth game they had 4 decent drives in the first half. Dartmouth was also probably the second best team in the ivy this year(beat Yale and you know who they beat this year 😜). Also our second game of the year. Getting back to stats all you want, UNH plays in the CAA which is significantly better than the NEC. I know the nec had some victories for the bottom teams in caa play. But week to week we play better competition. Our offense is also significantly better. So I see this not being a being a blowout 21+ point differential but not 3-10. I'd say 17 points UNH 37- Fordham -20

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe you, SHU's defense is not better. You can look at stats all you want. I was at the Dartmouth game they had 4 decent drives in the first half. Dartmouth was also probably the second best team in the ivy this year(beat Yale and you know who they beat this year 😜). Also our second game of the year. Getting back to stats all you want, UNH plays in the CAA which is significantly better than the NEC. I know the nec had some victories for the bottom teams in caa play. But week to week we play better competition. Our offense is also significantly better. So I see this not being a being a blowout 21+ point differential but not 3-10. I'd say 17 points UNH 37- Fordham -20

Oh also if we didn't lay an egg on offense and turn it over so much we could have best main 42-12 but their defense is very stout

TheDHC
December 6th, 2014, 02:16 AM
If Fordham wins then we should call Finebaums show and ask about Fordham football again. xthumbsupx

FordhamFan
December 6th, 2014, 07:27 AM

I understand it's tough to compare an NEC defense with a CAA one, but I don't think that should discredit SHU that much. They gave up 16 ppg coming into the playoffs, that's impressive no matter who you play.

Very excited for today's game. Here's hoping the rain ain't too bad!

UNH Fanboi
December 6th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I understand it's tough to compare an NEC defense with a CAA one, but I don't think that should discredit SHU that much. They gave up 16 ppg coming into the playoffs, that's impressive no matter who you play.

Very excited for today's game. Here's hoping the rain ain't too bad!

If you take away the Toledo game (since SHU didn't play an FBS) UNH gave up 17.3 ppg, and that's with their second and third string playing for long portions of most of those games.

UNH72Plus
December 6th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Where did you get that info? In the Maine game alone UNH held Maine to two red zone FGs.

Sorry, senior moment here. I was looking at the length of the field goals, not the line of scrimmage. UNH actually held their opponents to FGs in the red zone 8 times. They did, however, give up 22 red zone TDs.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 10:23 AM
SHU's defense is better? xlolx

I cannot wait for this game to start. Fordham is going to get exposed.

RetiredRam
December 6th, 2014, 10:39 AM
90 minutes out and it looks like light rain and 39 degrees! Would love to be there but the forecast for my couch is slightly warmer.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Nearly game time. Fordham has to play MUCU better than last week to have a shot. Before the year started Fordham thought they have legit Frisco aspirations. Where here's there to chance to take one major step forward. UNH at home though is just sooo tough.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Ready for the game...Someone posts updates?

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Whats the Durham weather? Before TWC went to the garbage crap bull**** Prospectors programming it seemed sleet/freezing rain mix from the maps?

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
video link for fans like me that don't have access to ESPN 3
http://www.usagoals.com/ncaa-football/1054773/1/fordham-vs-new-hampshire-live-stream-online.html

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Can Fordham stand up in the trenches...

UNHFan
December 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Start off with a sack is always nice

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
JIMMY OWENS

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:09 PM
LOL...wow...swiss cheese defense...

PantherRob82
Man, that terrible UNH defense. rolleyes

Couldn't even post that and UNH is up 6-0 #exposed

Old Cat Fan
Are u kidding me MISSED xtrapoint

R3TRO
December 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Ugh

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Serously Breda wins the kicking competion and then misses his first extra point? Jeez......

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
**** me. Who kicked it? Was it Breda again?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
This has the potential to be real ugly real fast. Fordham looked like Lafayette out there early.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM
This has the potential to be real ugly real fast. Fordham looked like Lafayette out there early.

That was a year we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs...I said that at the end of the Lehigh game.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
video link for fans like me that don't have access to ESPN 3
http://www.usagoals.com/ncaa-football/1054773/1/fordham-vs-new-hampshire-live-stream-online.html

McAfee is going nuts warning me about this site so Im very skittish to download!! Is it OK?

UNHFan
December 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
UNH Needs to run up this score... its the playoffs!! No more Mr nice guy crap!

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Kaplan looks hungry today 2 sacks already

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM
The Fordham OL looks completely overmatched...

UNHFan
December 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Fordham looks like a high school team...Maybe they should have played Pinkerton Academy?

PantherRob82
This is going to be bad

Lehigh Football Nation
One way to slow Nebrich down is to get pressure on him, and UNH is making mincemeat of Fordham's offensive line early.

Cleets
It's not polite to laugh... but I laughed out loud at that last scramble and pass into the dirt... (Fordham Looks Ugly)

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
McAfee is going nuts warning me about this site so Im very skittish to download!! Is it OK?

I'm using firefox with norton never have a problem. I use it all the time, I would"nt worry about it

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 12:19 PM
This is an interesting box score…

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/a46798100a77f42a4970f76acba0391c.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Fordham has lived and died this year with their skill guys. They were at best average in the trenches....

Cleets
December 6th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Yeeesh... I'm going over to the Chat-Noogy game... This is crap

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Nice TD run by Goldie 2pt conv good 14-0 UNH

Lehigh Football Nation
14-0 UNH and this looks bad, bad, bad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
I'm not a snap judgment person usually but this one is over. UNH is too good and Fordham doesn't have the horses. If I'm Moorhead I'm thinking about my next move...:p

UNHFan
December 6th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Fordham is tiny!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM
This is hilarious.

Richmond-Coastal might be the only decent game in this block.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Fordham's line blocking is atrocious!

Old Cat Fan
UNH d-line pushing the Rams o-line over

clenz
A PL team getting manhandled by a true FCS team?

Shocking I tell you

danefan
December 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Is the Fordham Oline even on the field?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Nebrich is not going to finish this game. He's already banged up....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
A PL team getting manhandled by the No. 1 team in the nation?

FIFY

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Wow - at least last year it was sunny and 30 for my game. Pity the poor Fordham folks sitting thru this rain...Is that the weather now up there?

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:29 PM
5 sacks in the first 9 play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
A PL team getting manhandled by a true FCS team?

Shocking I tell you

This was not a great PL team. Fordham, in general, did not live up to their potential this year imo. There's been PL teams that have faired much better than this against elite FCS teams.

R3TRO
I think that 'Nova coach may have been on to something.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Its the dungeon, nobody likes being there but UNH.

Old Cat Fan
Fumble UNH Rams recover

Go Lehigh TU owl
Well there's your chance to change the momentum Fordham...

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Dude, Goldrich....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Finally a break for Fordham on the Goldrich fumble. They need a TD here to get back on their feet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:33 PM
What is the record for sacks in a FCS playoff game?

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Announcer says Fordham has to figure out a way to stop penetration Old cat says call my wife LOL

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Fordham's OL is getting destroyed but he Rams are driving....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Wow.. Just wow.

blackbeard
Offense is great but if UNH gets much pressure on the QB all bets are off. I see UNH winning comfortably, 41-24.

Fordham can't even get off a pass, UNH is dominating the LOS. No chance for the Rams to keep this close.

Comments comparing SHU's and UNH's defense. Yes our defense was very good but it was with multiple looks, confusion and mixing things up, it can't compare with UNH. UNH has far superior athletes to SHU and frankly our defense doesn't look comparable to me.

Lehigh Football Nation
Signs of life - awesome run by future Rice award winner Edmonds to get to the UNH 10!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Fordham might pull a score out of nowhere.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Signs of life - awesome run by future Rice award winner Edmonds to get to the UNH 10!

That was a ridiculous run by Edmonds. The Fordham OL got destroyed on the play yet Edmonds fights for 20+ yards....

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 12:41 PM
How is that a catch!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM
How is that a catch!!!!!

It's easily a catch...I don't know what they're reviewing...

JoltinJoe
Plainly a catch.

NoDak 4 Ever
anybody else watching all 3 games at once? This is great!

Old Cat Fan
wow Rams got robbed on that review

blackbeard
December 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Agreed, horrible overturn. Didn't think the catch was even in question.

JoltinJoe

What the hell were those refs looking at???

Go Lehigh TU owl
Plainly a catch.

I have no idea how that isn't a catch. He caught the ball tried to get to the endzone, reached the ball out with possession for the GL and then the ground caused a fumble...

Gater
Horrible overturn on that review.

NoDak 4 Ever
I agree, that is a dumb rule.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
anybody else watching all 3 games at once? This is great!

Me too. Love it.

Pards Rule
So whats the result? UNH has or what?

Lehigh Football Nation
Horrible call! Horrible! What was up for debate? He had control and three friggin' steps!

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
14-3 UNH.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Horrible call! Horrible!

The might be the worst overturn I've ever seen....xbawlingx

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:47 PM
They obviously ruled he went to the ground and lost possession.

Not sure that was the right call but I don't get the confusion.

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Cost us four points. And there was no need for a review. The right call was obvious with the naked eye.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Did I just see Zach Vraa do the Manziel-show-me-the-money-move in the UNH playoff game last year?

Lehigh'98
UNH making Fordham look awful. Do they have any max protection plays? Would it even matter?

Mattymc727
He never reached the endzone. You have no way of knowing if it cost you 4 points.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM
4 points probably won't matter.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM
He never reached the endzone. You have no way of knowing if it cost you 4 points.

Understood, but I like their chances with at least 3 chances to get 1 yard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:53 PM
The UNH QB is driving Fordham crazy...

Old Cat Fan
Here we go self destruct mode

JoltinJoe

Spare me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Wow!! UNH turns it over again deep in Ram territory...

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Jesus UNH you are doing it all over again hold on the friggin ball!!!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
UNH turnovers keeping Fordham in this.

Now please tell me that horrible call isn't huge.

Old Cat Fan
Turnovers and no kicking game will stop a team real fast in this playoff

UNHWildcat18
Wow!! UNH turns it over again deep in Ram territory...

Really shooting ourselves in the foot here. Hopefully we can force a 3 and out

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Understood, but I like their chances with at least 3 chances to get 1 yard.

If nothing else, the refs cost the Rams 4 points but the Wildcats have given them 14 back. UNH is dominating but the Rams are hanging in...

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 12:57 PM
WTF 92 yard TD run RAMS

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
If nothing else, the refs cost the Rams 4 points but the Wildcats have given them 14 back. UNH is dominating but the Rams are hanging in...

Turnovers happen because a defense is being opportunistic.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Edmonds!! wow!! holy crap!!

Mattymc727
Wow!

UNHWildcat18
UNH making teams that shouldn't be sticking around...stick around

Go Lehigh TU owl
Turnovers happen because a defense is being opportunistic.

Not EVERY time but you have to hustle for the recovery....

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Jesus. UNH's rush D looks to be dog****. Too many turnovers. Not ready to play.