PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Indiana State at Chattanooga

Pages : [1] 2

chattanoogamocs
November 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Both teams last trip to the NCAA playoffs...1984.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Remember when these two teams were doormats in their respective conferences?

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Remember when these two teams were doormats in their respective conferences?

It's not hard to remember last year for the Trees.

SIUSalukiFan
November 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Chattanooga 98, Indiana State 0, and there will be a running clock after the first quarter.

centennial
November 29th, 2014, 03:59 PM
The mokisons vs the trees. I will take the trees.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Two pretty feel good stories in the FCS this year. I'll be rooting for the Trees but I picked the Mocs in the bracket challenge so my bets are hedged.

chattownmocs
November 29th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I used the term dismantle to describe this game last week. Indiana state showed me something today. I think this will be a war. It doesn't matter what I say now people will give me a hard time, but this will be a great battle imo.

But just to be clear, I believe my mocs will prevail.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I picked UTC 27-24 in my bracket but have to cheer for the Trees!!

Southern Bison
November 29th, 2014, 04:55 PM
ISU-b continues in the playoffs while Chattown curls into the fetal position in his Mom's basement.

chattownmocs
November 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Its easy to talk when your team isn't involved. It sems especially hollow since you watched the most dominant performance over a decent team this season when chattanooga destroyed WCU.

Southern Bison
November 29th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I see your words but all I read is "Mom's basement" and "would you like your sub toasted".

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I picked UTC 27-24 in my bracket but have to cheer for the Trees!!

27 is a bad number for the Mocs!!!... I'm going 35-24. MOCS!!!!!

chattownmocs
November 29th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I see your words but all I read is "Mom's basement" and "would you like your sub toasted".

You see my words but all you see is poor putdowns and supposed mvfc dominance

thebootfitter
November 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM
You see my words but all you see is poor putdowns and supposed mvfc dominance
Supposed? How is two wins so far today along with over 20 during the regular season "supposed"?

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Let's see if the SoCon can do any better against the 5th place MVFC team.

herd13
November 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Here's what I have in my bracket and I'm feeling good about it:

Indiana State 24 - Chattanooga 17

SIUSalukiFan
November 29th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I want to revise my prediction - Chattagooga 111, Indiana State 0.

centennial
November 29th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Chattanooga 666 Indiana State 0

SUPharmacist
November 29th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I think this could be a real close game, both teams have come a long way which is great to see. I would like to see a strong showing for the Mocs in the playoffs to prove the Socon can remain a great conference.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2014, 07:14 PM
I think this one is a tossup and should go down to late in the fourth quarter.

Southern Bison
November 29th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I think this could be a real close game, both teams have come a long way which is great to see. I would like to see a strong showing for the Mocs in the playoffs to prove the Socon can remain a great conference.
Having watched a few different teams from the SoCon, they'll be a one-trick pony (probably Chatty) for the next couple of years. They've fallen to the 2nd tier of conferences behind MVFC, CAA, & Big Sky.

Samford is hit or miss, WCU is on its' way but still has work to do (same with Mercer), Wofford was down this year again, & Furman just **** the bed this year with no recovery later in the season.

PaladinFan
November 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Having watched a few different teams from the SoCon, they'll be a one-trick pony (probably Chatty) for the next couple of years. They've fallen to the 2nd tier of conferences behind MVFC, CAA, & Big Sky.

Samford is hit or miss, WCU is on its' way but still has work to do (same with Mercer), Wofford was down this year again, & Furman just **** the bed this year with no recovery later in the season.

It was a rough season for the SoCon. I sort of expected it, given all the transition.

SIUSalukiFan
November 29th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Chattanooga 666 Indiana State 0

Can you break down the scoring plays for me on that one? xlolx

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Its easy to talk when your team isn't involved.

isnt that what youve been doing forever now?

picked Larry Bird U in my brackrt

wretched
November 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM

With all due respect Southern Bison your response makes it sound like you believe the CAA and Big Sky are on the same level as the MVFCxeyebrowx but seriously I see the trees winning this game rather easily just like the game vs. EKU. One team has several quality wins and had to battle week in and week out in a real conference, the other team has 0 quality wins but I guess a quality loss to Jack St. Still not real sure how Chattanooga was even seeded with their resume!

bri-dog
November 30th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Can you break down the scoring plays for me on that one? xlolx

Sounds to me like a defensive battle. 333 safeties.

KPSUL
November 30th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I used the term dismantle to describe this game last week. Indiana state showed me something today. I think this will be a war. It doesn't matter what I say now people will give me a hard time, but this will be a great battle imo.

But just to be clear, I believe my mocs will prevail.
Thanks for the clarification, for a moment I thought you were picking the Sycamores.

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Still not real sure how Chattanooga was even seeded with their resume!

Strength of Schedule (Massey Ratings) of the top 8 seeds (first number overall, 2nd number is FCS games only).

2. North Dakota State 120/7
5. Illinois State 137/10
4. Eastern Washington 146/18
8. Chattanooga 148/20
3. Jacksonville State 154/26
6. Villanova 161/33
1. New Hampshire 169/41
7. Coastal Carolina 184/56

I agree that Chattanooga might not have a nationally ranked quality win on their resume...and I have no problem agreeing that a 4th or 5th place MVFC team is probably as good as most autobid winners from other conferences. But I also think that Chattanooga deserved the 8 seed...just about every poll and computer ranking have them in the range of 8-10 (including the venerable AGS poll).

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Indiana State and Chattanooga had one common opponent, Tennessee Tech

ISU beat TTU at home 49-14
UTC beat TTU on the road 38-17

Sycamore62
November 30th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Well that settles it. Both teams are better than TTU

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2014, 12:55 PM
With all due respect Southern Bison your response makes it sound like you believe the CAA and Big Sky are on the same level as the MVFCxeyebrowx but seriously I see the trees winning this game rather easily just like the game vs. EKU. One team has several quality wins and had to battle week in and week out in a real conference, the other team has 0 quality wins but I guess a quality loss to Jack St. Still not real sure how Chattanooga was even seeded with their resume!
I don't think that the CAA or Big Fluffy are on the same level as the MVFC but they are in the top tier of conferences in the FCS in comparison to the rest of the league.

Jason Svoboda
November 30th, 2014, 01:39 PM

I went looking at you guys this morning and was shocked to see the 20th best SOS per Massey after I had looked at your schedule last night after getting back from EKU. I went back to double-check since I saw you had only played one ranked opponent all year so I'm going to guess your FBS games helped out a lot. Looks like we'll be your 2nd ranked team (0-1) you've played this year and the best opponent SOS and you'll be our 9th ranked opponent (5-3) and 10th best opponent SOS. Our team stats look terrible compared to yours but some of it is negated due to the ringer we've had to play. Here are the complete schedule numbers:

Indiana State Schedule

vs Tennessee Tech (5-7, #48 SOS)
vs #22 Liberty (9-4, #15 SOS)
vs #10 Northern Iowa (9-4, #4 SOS)
vs #15 Illinois State (10-1, #10 SOS)
at #1 North Dakota State (11-1, #7 SOS)
at #19 Southern Illinois (6-6, #8 SOS)
vs Missouri State (4-8, #2 SOS)
vs #22 South Dakota State (9-4, #6 SOS)
at #15 Youngstown State (7-5, #9 SOS)
at Western Illinois (5-7, #3 SOS)
at #16 Eastern Kentucky (9-4, #52 SOS)
at #9 Chattanooga (9-3, #20 SOS)

Chattanooga Schedule

vs #13 Jacksonville State (10-1, #26 SOS)
at Austin Peay (1-11, #42 SOS)
vs Samford (7-4, #39 SOS)
vs VMI (2-10, #60 SOS)
at Citadel (5-7, #31 SOS)
vs Mercer (6-6, #100 SOS)
at Western Carolina (7-5, #44 SOS)
vs Wofford (6-5, #57 SOS)
at Tennessee Tech (5-7, #48 SOS)
at Furman (3-9, #36 SOS)
vs #25 Indiana State (8-5, #1 SOS)

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2014, 01:50 PM
On Massey, if you just look at FCS games...

Chattanooga SOS 20th
Indiana State SOS 1st

I don't think there are many people that would argue that ISU hasn't played the toughest schedule in FCS.

As for Chattanooga...it's hard to fault the schedule too much...2 FBS and a top 10 team out of the five OOC games (and the two lower rated games were on the road)

...and obviously, UTC has no control over how the conference turns out...they beat everyone pretty convincingly, 26.3 ppg average (which was the 2nd largest average ppg spread in SoCon history after Marshall in one of their championship years).

I am excited to see how the Mocs stack up against an MVFC team...at appears most people in the MVFC think the Mocs basically have no chance...personally, I like being the underdog at home. :)

Jason Svoboda
November 30th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I am excited to see how the Mocs stack up against an MVFC team...at appears most people in the MVFC think the Mocs basically have no chance...personally, I like being the underdog at home. :)

I don't think that is the case... I think most people that have spoke up are just Valley brothers that support one another unconditionally if we're playing non-Valley competition. There has become sort of a SEC type of pride with the Valley. Hell, I'm just thankful the selection committee let us in despite shatting down our legs in the season finale against Western Illinois. We were missing a handful of guys for that game but there is no excuse to be dominated all day long like they did.

Games aren't played on paper and we've had our fair share of struggles all year long. If we come out of the gate and struggle again offensively and you guys score 7 instead of 3, it is likely to be a long day for us. I'm thankful EKU's coach didn't try to go for the jugular in that first quarter and settled for field goals. If I were the OC, their Borders kid would have had about another 10 catches.

Sycamore62
November 30th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I agree, I would have to call Chatty the favorite. I'd like to prove that wrong but their only hiccup was JSU

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I like games like this...were you really have no definitive idea who is a favorite. There is so little in common with either team schedule wise, there are a lot of unknowns. Chattanooga thinks they are pretty good, but they haven't been tested nearly like an MVFC team has. You guys have definitely been through many more wars this season the UTC has. It will be good to see if the Mocs are legit, or have just been beating up on average to bad teams all season.

(Kinda has the feel of a NCAA basketball tournament game were you have a 7 seed who is middle of the pack from a power conference and 10 seed from a lower conference that has a great record, but hasn't played the schedule the other team has)

chattanoogamocs
November 30th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I don't think that is the case... I think most people that have spoke up are just Valley brothers that support one another unconditionally if we're playing non-Valley competition. There has become sort of a SEC type of pride with the Valley.

I always respect conference mates pulling for each other in the playoffs...just trying to muster up a little sympathy...the Mocs have had a target on their backs from most of the season, it is nice to kinda be an underdog again in some circles. ;)

thebootfitter
November 30th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I prematurely posted this in the Indiana State vs EKU thread after somebody posted something about Chattanooga.

I could see it going either way in a hard fought battle. I could see Chattanooga slowly but surely overpowering the Trees. I don't see the Trees running away with it. If I were putting money on the game, I'd put it on Chattanooga straight up.

But barely. Should be a good game.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I like games like this...were you really have no definitive idea who is a favorite. There is so little in common with either team schedule wise, there are a lot of unknowns. Chattanooga thinks they are pretty good, but they haven't been tested nearly like an MVFC team has. You guys have definitely been through many more wars this season the UTC has. It will be good to see if the Mocs are legit, or have just been beating up on average to bad teams all season.

(Kinda has the feel of a NCAA basketball tournament game were you have a 7 seed who is middle of the pack from a power conference and 10 seed from a lower conference that has a great record, but hasn't played the schedule the other team has)
See, when you post I can like what UTC is doing and how the program is going the right direction. When a certain other poster of yours posts, it makes me hate all things UTC.

I think this will be a good game and both teams will be tested, I actually have the trees picked to win, but that's a homer pick on the bracket. I see it going either way in actuality.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

stevdock
November 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I went looking at you guys this morning and was shocked to see the 20th best SOS per Massey after I had looked at your schedule last night after getting back from EKU. I went back to double-check since I saw you had only played one ranked opponent all year so I'm going to guess your FBS games helped out a lot. Looks like we'll be your 2nd ranked team (0-1) you've played this year and the best opponent SOS and you'll be our 9th ranked opponent (5-3) and 10th best opponent SOS. Our team stats look terrible compared to yours but some of it is negated due to the ringer we've had to play. Here are the complete schedule numbers:

Indiana State Schedule

vs Tennessee Tech (5-7, #48 SOS)
vs #22 Liberty (9-4, #15 SOS)
vs #10 Northern Iowa (9-4, #4 SOS)
vs #15 Illinois State (10-1, #10 SOS)
at #1 North Dakota State (11-1, #7 SOS)
at #19 Southern Illinois (6-6, #8 SOS)
vs Missouri State (4-8, #2 SOS)
vs #22 South Dakota State (9-4, #6 SOS)
at #15 Youngstown State (7-5, #9 SOS)
at Western Illinois (5-7, #3 SOS)
at #16 Eastern Kentucky (9-4, #52 SOS)
at #9 Chattanooga (9-3, #20 SOS)

Chattanooga Schedule

vs #13 Jacksonville State (10-1, #26 SOS)
at Austin Peay (1-11, #42 SOS)
vs Samford (7-4, #39 SOS)
vs VMI (2-10, #60 SOS)
at Citadel (5-7, #31 SOS)
vs Mercer (6-6, #100 SOS)
at Western Carolina (7-5, #44 SOS)
vs Wofford (6-5, #57 SOS)
at Tennessee Tech (5-7, #48 SOS)
at Furman (3-9, #36 SOS)
vs #25 Indiana State (8-5, #1 SOS)

ISU barely gets in at 7-5 but they would look so much better if they would have replaced say NDSU or Ill St. with South Dakota. Your AD should have fought harder to get them on your schedule ;)

Although with too many more wins then you'd have a much harder route through the playoffs then you already do.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 08:25 AM
Just got the go ahead to go to this game. Looking forward to this one.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 08:30 AM
ISU barely gets in at 7-5 but they would look so much better if they would have replaced say NDSU or Ill St. with South Dakota. Your AD should have fought harder to get them on your schedule ;)

Although with too many more wins then you'd have a much harder route through the playoffs then you already do.

The funny thing is that we are the reason we dont have them on the schedule. When they put the Xdsu teams in we voted for it as long as we never had to go to both places in a year. Then raised a bigger bitch about USD I assume. So for the last 2 years, we haven't played UNI. Ironically that win may have been what put us in the playoffs.

But yes, I would have rather gone to USD than NDSU. We had ISUr "beat" until the infamous squib kick debacle of 2014 happened.

stevdock
December 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
The funny thing is that we are the reason we dont have them on the schedule. When they put the Xdsu teams in we voted for it as long as we never had to go to both places in a year. Then raised a bigger bitch about USD I assume. So for the last 2 years, we haven't played UNI. Ironically that win may have been what put us in the playoffs.

But yes, I would have rather gone to USD than NDSU. We had ISUr "beat" until the infamous squib kick debacle of 2014 happened.

I forgot about the lovely squib kick. So you replace USD with NDSU and finish that game and you guys are 9-3 and maybe hosting Chatty this weekend ;)

Jason Svoboda
December 1st, 2014, 11:02 AM
The squib kick still boils my blood. To add salt to that wound, Perish was out with a concussion and that was our redshirt freshman QB's first start and meaningful action. He took a couple snaps against Liberty and TTU but didn't do much besides hand the ball off.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM
The squib kick still boils my blood. To add salt to that wound, Perish was out with a concussion and that was our redshirt freshman QB's first start and meaningful action. He took a couple snaps against Liberty and TTU but didn't do much besides hand the ball off.

The crazy thing is that I'd bet 8/10 times, that kick is recovered by the kicking team.

NSF
December 1st, 2014, 12:38 PM
The squib kick was a long time ago. I'll take getting in and getting the bracket we are in over the wind against Illinois State.

Jason Svoboda
December 1st, 2014, 01:01 PM
The squib kick was a long time ago. I'll take getting in and getting the bracket we are in over the wind against Illinois State.
I want the bracket we're in AND the win but I'm greedy like that.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 07:28 PM
5dimes has Chattanooga -3.5. Is that the courtesy push on a neuteral field spread?

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 07:44 PM
Chatty by 6.

centennial
December 1st, 2014, 07:46 PM
I am going to be surprised if Chatty can stay in this game after the 2nd quarter. More if they can win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2014, 09:15 PM
Let's go Trees!!!

unigriff
December 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM
Trees 31 moccccccs 17

CID1990
December 2nd, 2014, 03:13 AM
I don't know why ISU is even going to bother to show up for this game.

chattownmocs
December 2nd, 2014, 05:31 AM
Went back and watched the eku-isu game. Can Chattanooga run the ball? Can Chattnooga get to the qb quick enough? Answer is yes to both. 27-17 Mocs.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2014, 05:39 AM
...and obviously, UTC has no control over how the conference turns out...they beat everyone pretty convincingly

Not exactly...

20221:)

...pulling HARD for the Mocs to get a BIG SoCon win though!!!!

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
Its easy to talk when your team isn't involved.

isnt that what youve been doing forever now?

picked Larry Bird U in my brackrt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_djk1RQ2Ew

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
80% chance of rain now. Id just like it not to rain for about 3.5 hours

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 08:37 AM
80% chance of rain now. Id just like it not to rain for about 3.5 hours

Yeah. 3 hours and twenty nine minutes would suffice. xthumbsupx

Catamount87
December 2nd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hmm, tough call on this one. I'll be a SoCon homer and pull for the Mocs. But I expect it to be a pretty tight game especially given that ISU looks to be much more battle hardened.

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah. 3 hours and twenty nine minutes would suffice. xthumbsupx

Last week we only needed the wind for about 18clock minutes

Mattymc727
December 2nd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Really interested in this one obviously. I think Im pulling for ISUb. The main reasoning is that its a lot of traveling for a team from Indiana to go to Kentucky, Tennessee, and then up to New Hampshire in three consecutive weeks.

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Really interested in this one obviously. I think Im pulling for ISUb. The main reasoning is that its a lot of traveling for a team from Indiana to go to Kentucky, Tennessee, and then up to New Hampshire in three consecutive weeks.

We always like to dream about the next week, but don't look past this week....Fordham is no pushover. It won't take much for them to step up and shock UNH.

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2014, 09:13 AM
Besides....I'd love to HOST Fordham next week....sure beats a December trip to NH.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 2nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
SoCon isn't that great but I think the train-birds are playing well enough to win this one…27-24 Mox.

Mattymc727
December 2nd, 2014, 09:24 AM
We always like to dream about the next week, but don't look past this week....Fordham is no pushover. It won't take much for them to step up and shock UNH.

You are 100% right. Luckily, Im just a fan so I get to look ahead. UNH is well coached and isnt dumb enough to look past Fordham, otherwise Fordham does have the offense to clip the Wildcats.

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 09:57 AM
If they didnt want us to look ahead, they wouldnt release the next round of brackets.

I personally have to look forward to the whole playoffs so I can drop in little hints to where the next game might be so it will be less stressful asking my wife if I can go.

I got this on Sunday "why do you want to go, It's not like you are playing". Maybe my response of "Because you didnt marry a girl" wasnt the best comeback

Bison56
December 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
If they didnt want us to look ahead, they wouldnt release the next round of brackets.

I personally have to look forward to the whole playoffs so I can drop in little hints to where the next game might be so it will be less stressful asking my wife if I can go.

I got this on Sunday "why do you want to go, It's not like you are playing". Maybe my response of "Because you didnt marry a girl" wasnt the best comeback

I bet that went over real well.xlolx

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Last week we only needed the wind for about 18clock minutes

yeah the fans really need to focus on the game at hand. xlolx

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
I bet that went over real well.xlolx
Sure did. I'm able to do whatever I want on the weekends I don't have the kids. Lol

not really

chattanoogamocs
December 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Not exactly...

20221:)

...pulling HARD for the Mocs to get a BIG SoCon win though!!!!

...and that's why I said "pretty convincingly"...meaning most but not all.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
...and that's why I said "pretty convincingly"...meaning most but not all.

...and obviously, UTC has no control over how the conference turns out...they beat everyone pretty convincingly

Sorry, I guess it was your use of the word "everyone" that threw me off.

That said...as someone above posted...you need to FOCUS on ISUb and not waste your time responding to jabs from fans of teams that didn't make the playoffs. I was just testing you (and Chattown, of course) to see if I could draw you off your game. Chattown is completely dialed in and did not respond. 10 up/downs for you and get back to FOCUSING!!! GO MOCS! SHAKE THE TREES!!

citdog
December 2nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
SoCon isn't that great but I think the train-birds are playing well enough to win this one…27-24 Mox.

It was good enough to where you would have finished in the bottom half.......AGAIN

chattanoogamocs
December 2nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I guess it was your use of the word "everyone" that threw me off.

That said...as someone above posted...you need to FOCUS on ISUb and not waste your time responding to jabs from fans of teams that didn't make the playoffs. I was just testing you (and Chattown, of course) to see if I could draw you off your game. Chattown is completely dialed in and did not respond. 10 up/downs for you and get back to FOCUSING!!! GO MOCS! SHAKE THE TREES!!

Outside of cheering in the stands, I have absolutely no influence over the outcome of the game...thus, I have no need to focus.

Most of this thread is just a bunch of MVFC fans jibber-jabbering anyway.

You can see a more focused thread on Mocfans. I am trying my best to play up the underdog role of the lowly SoCon team versus the mighty MVFC team. By the end of the week, I will have everyone convinced that the Mocs will be luck to keep the score within 3 touchdowns. ;)

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2014, 05:05 PM
I am trying my best to play up the underdog role of the lowly SoCon team versus the mighty MVFC team. By the end of the week, I will have everyone convinced that the Mocs will be luck to keep the score within 3 touchdowns. ;)

Hmmm...I have some experience in this area. Have you mentioned Reinhardt yet?

Gotta keep 'em guessin' though also - I recommend carefully constructed, statistics tables..."We are truly terrible/small/slow/young/injured, but these stats just may create a bit of doubt in your mind (whether you'll admit it or not)."

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:07 PM
Outside of cheering in the stands, I have absolutely no influence over the outcome of the game...thus, I have no need to focus.

Most of this thread is just a bunch of MVFC fans jibber-jabbering anyway.

You can see a more focused thread on Mocfans. I am trying my best to play up the underdog role of the lowly SoCon team versus the mighty MVFC team. By the end of the week, I will have everyone convinced that the Mocs will be luck to keep the score within 3 touchdowns. ;)

I'm holding you to this. Mocs win by at least 3 TD's? You're putting $$ on that, right? Since you seem convinced that the Sycs keeping it within 21 would be lucky, I assume you'd give me about a 25 pt spread if I bet you $50 the Sycs can cover? Right?

NSF
December 2nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Depends on which Sycamore team shows up--the one from the first half last week (which could lose by 3+ TDs), or the second half team (which could make this a very competitive game). I'm hoping for the second half team, but we will continue to play the Rodney Dangerfield role after our preseason beat down as the "worst" college football team of all time in the words of the imortal Clenz.

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2014, 08:26 PM
The Sycamores are a good team from the best FCS conference. Will be interesting how we stack up against them. We're probably not as battle tested as they are but I think we have the talent to make it very competitive game. Look forward to watching the game Saturday.

chattanoogamocs
December 2nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
I'm holding you to this. Mocs win by at least 3 TD's? You're putting $$ on that, right? Since you seem convinced that the Sycs keeping it within 21 would be lucky, I assume you'd give me about a 25 pt spread if I bet you $50 the Sycs can cover? Right?

I can't tell if you are joking, or just can't read.

I said the Mocs would be lucky to keep it within 3 TDs...as in I am saying the Sycamores are a 21 point favorites, not the Mocs...so sure, I will be happy to take action on that.

SousaTREE
December 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
Depends on which Sycamore team shows up--the one from the first half last week (which could lose by 3+ TDs), or the second half team (which could make this a very competitive game). I'm hoping for the second half team, but we will continue to play the Rodney Dangerfield role after our preseason beat down as the "worst" college football team of all time in the words of the imortal Clenz.

First half team would keep it competitive.
27-24 TREES etc.

Second half team would make it a blowout.
More like 42-17 trees

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
What I've noticed over the season in tough games is that ISUb is streaky during games. We can get quick touchdowns and play with momentum but we can also go ice cold for a Qtr. If the offense clicks the defense front is like a pack of dogs. The DBs lose receivers every once in a while. I'd bet in each of our big wins or close big losses that you could find a couple dropped long passes by the opponent's WRs.

Our receivers catch the the ball well so much as that I am surprised to see a ball dropped. Perish makes great decisions and gets rid of the ball when necessary. Our O-Line can be suspect at times. if we happen to run the ball effectively it could be a very long day for our opponents (I'm not saying I expect it). Our defense makes good adjustments. If they can rest they will perform well.

I dont know how battle tested we are, you just have a head to head with us and 5 teams as opposed to your 1 playoff team. I'm not how much comparing the TTU wins does to help. I know Chatty has a good run game, we held a couple good running backs to lack luster performances and a couple had great games against us. IF I get time I may watch an espn replay if any are available. I have no idea what to expect Saturday from a matchup standpoint or how we will come out to play.

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2014, 10:49 PM
What I've noticed over the season in tough games is that ISUb is streaky during games. We can get quick touchdowns and play with momentum but we can also go ice cold for a Qtr. If the offense clicks the defense front is like a pack of dogs. The DBs lose receivers every once in a while. I'd bet in each of our big wins or close big losses that you could find a couple dropped long passes by the opponent's WRs.

Our receivers catch the the ball well so much as that I am surprised to see a ball dropped. Perish makes great decisions and gets rid of the ball when necessary. Our O-Line can be suspect at times. if we happen to run the ball effectively it could be a very long day for our opponents (I'm not saying I expect it). Our defense makes good adjustments. If they can rest they will perform well.

I dont know how battle tested we are, you just have a head to head with us and 5 teams as opposed to your 1 playoff team. I'm not how much comparing the TTU wins does to help. I know Chatty has a good run game, we held a couple good running backs to lack luster performances and a couple had great games against us. IF I get time I may watch an espn replay if any are available. I have no idea what to expect Saturday from a matchup standpoint or how we will come out to play.

We do have a good running game and we have had opposing teams try and crowd the box. More or less making us beat them throwing the ball which me have been pretty successful doing. Defensively we have a very good D-Line, good against the run and rushing the passer. However we have given up some big plays in the passing game on occasion as we have a very young secondary. Special teams play has been the best I can remember here in a while. Going to be a good test to see if we can indeed pressure your QB as he seems to make pretty good decisions. Your defense also seems solid.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
We do have a good running game and we have had opposing teams try and crowd the box. More or less making us beat them throwing the ball which me have been pretty successful doing. Defensively we have a very good D-Line, good against the run and rushing the passer. However we have given up some big plays in the passing game on occasion as we have a very young secondary. Special teams play has been the best I can remember here in a while. Going to be a good test to see if we can indeed pressure your QB as he seems to make pretty good decisions. Your defense also seems solid.

What kind of offense do you guys run. I saw a game stat line where your qb what 2nd leading rusher. i havent had time to watch a game yet. is it a spread/read option or an old school type of option/triple option team.

Even though we pass a lot, many of our plays are quick screen type passes. lots of YAC and getting players the ball in space and getting them to beat 1 player to get some good yards.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 09:37 AM
so weather now says 100% AM showers 1/4 inch and 10% in the afternoon. Id kind of like not to get rained on but whatever...

I dont suppose rain will help us, I dont know how much it would hurt. i would GUESS that wind is worse for us. just speculation though plus 3 games playing half the game into a stiff wind

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
What kind of offense do you guys run. I saw a game stat line where your qb what 2nd leading rusher. i havent had time to watch a game yet. is it a spread/read option or an old school type of option/triple option team.

Even though we pass a lot, many of our plays are quick screen type passes. lots of YAC and getting players the ball in space and getting them to beat 1 player to get some good yards.

To give you an idea our QB leads the nation in completion percentage and also has 700+ yards rushing and a bunch of rushing tds. Lots of short throws, intermediate routes, reverses, read option, qb draws, and power runs. I'm not being facetious either. It is pretty unique.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
To give you an idea our QB leads the nation in completion percentage and also has 700+ yards rushing and a bunch of rushing tds. Lots of short throws, intermediate routes, reverses, read option, qb draws, and power runs. I'm not being facetious either. It is pretty unique.

like a lot of pistol, gun formations with 3 WR and a back? does he line up under center often?

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah, pistol. I love the one where he sprints right and then pulls up at the line of scrimmage and throws deep. Its been unstoppable. Should have had 2 more tds on it last game but for some reason hudson can't make a deep catch and stay on his feet.

Milktruck74
December 3rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
like a lot of pistol, gun formations with 3 WR and a back? does he line up under center often?

Not often. Look for a deep ball on the first play from scrimage, then the rest will be 6-12 yarders.

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Chattanoogas O has been dominated by every great D we have faced and has been unstoppable against any suspect D. They were awful the first 2 games but have rolled since then except Tennessee. Maybe it bad D, they say it is the shuffling of the line. We will find out sooner or later.

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2014, 10:09 AM
There are some offenses like chattanooga but they usually feature a super fast QB a smallish oline and a speed back. Chattanooga has s big oline, physical QB and power back.

longtimemocfan
December 3rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
What kind of offense do y
ou guys run. I saw a game stat line where your qb what 2nd leading rusher. i havent had time to watch a game yet. is it a spread/read option or an old school type of option/triple option team.

Yes it's a spread read option. Sometimes it is run in a power formation. QB is a good runner. He bulked up to 220 lbs this year and it has paid dividends for him.
He's broken a lot of tackles that he wouldn't have last year.
The quick screens you mention that your team runs a lot of has given us some trouble this year. Be interesting to see how we adjust to defend it.

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
There are some offenses like chattanooga but they usually feature a super fast QB a smallish oline and a speed back. Chattanooga has s big oline, physical QB and power back.

Similar to the way Florida played with Tebow then?

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2014, 10:55 AM

Similar, yeah.

Milktruck74
December 3rd, 2014, 11:04 AM

Jacob is a good runner, but not in the same way Tebow would pull it down and get 10-12 yards whenever he wanted it. Jacob will run for 2, run for 0, run for 38....and run over 4 defenders on the 38 yarder. much less consistent then Tebow was on the run.

- - - Updated - - -

but I could see some comparison

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM

Not being a dick here but I watched a press conference were your coach said that your line wasnt that big. He was comparing them to our line maybe because our line is big and tall but to that point, we dont dominate like some lines in our conference have.

Shoulder Roll
December 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Hey, what happens if ISU and Fordham both win? Is game in Terre Haute or NY?

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
Hey, what happens if ISU and Fordham both win? Is game in Terre Haute or NY?

I think it goes to the bid they put in. Hopefully they will take the 1st round attendance in to consideration because I assume we bid low and we don't have that great of attendance anyway. I think it's bid/facilities/attendance

Shoulder Roll
December 3rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
I think it goes to the bid they put in. Hopefully they will take the 1st round attendance in to consideration because I assume we bid low and we don't have that great of attendance anyway. I think it's bid/facilities/attendance

Hmmm. Ok thanks.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Hmmm. Ok thanks.

I also think they did all bids the week before the playoffs but not sure

Shoulder Roll
December 3rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
I also think they did all bids the week before the playoffs but not sure

Sounds like it's all very secret and hush-hush.

Shoulder Roll
December 3rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
I've seen some posts here about how the weather is gonna affect this game. I really don't that it matters unless a strong wind is involved. Just ask Umeh how much it can affect a punt! A wet field might affect footing, but unless it's a downpour, don't think it will change the game THAT much. But I'm just some guy on the internet, so who knows.

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 01:41 PM
If Fordham and Indiana State both won I would bet on the game being at Fordham.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
If Fordham and Indiana State both won I would bet on the game being at Fordham.

The one thing we had going for us was a greater season attendance average

SpeedkingATL
December 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
You took the long road to the playoffs Mocs, now let's see you make the most of it. UTC 17 ISU 14.

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
I can't tell if you are joking, or just can't read.

I said the Mocs would be lucky to keep it within 3 TDs...as in I am saying the Sycamores are a 21 point favorites, not the Mocs...so sure, I will be happy to take action on that.

Oops! I'd go with the reading part.

Don't be offended but I thought I was responding to a much more...rambunctious Mocs fan when I glanced at the username. Needless to say I couldn't comprehend another situation where UTC wasn't the favorite for them.

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 09:27 PM
The one thing we had going for us was a greater season attendance average

All that matters is bid.

Sycamore62
December 3rd, 2014, 09:32 PM
All that matters is bid.

I was told by a person who put together a bid package that it had to do with attendance and facilities also. I'm Not saying that any higher bid wouldn't win it though.

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 09:42 PM
I was told by a person who put together a bid package that it had to do with attendance and facilities also. I'm Not saying that any higher bid wouldn't win it though.

Maybe if all things are equal. That said, I've been to Terre Haute and doubt you guy win that battle either. :)

I would guess if you ask the same person who put the bid package together who would host, they probably already know. Someone in your AD does.

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Bump

leaving for Chatty in 24 hours

dewey
December 4th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Bump

Safe travels and have a great time.

Dewey

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Bump

When we went for the championship we enjoyed going to Lookout Mountain. Finley is a great place to watch a game.

Cocky
December 4th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Sticky Fingers was/is a good bbq joint.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Haven't read anything other than this as I jumped to the last page first but I'd like to say it's a decent spot but you never ever go there over Porker's. If we're suggesting BBQ please take my word for it and look that place up first and foremost. I found Sticky's first and missed that spot until about the 3rd time there and was kicking myself for missing it the first couple times.

ndsubison
December 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
My $$'s in the' Sycs. Chatty, you're about to be welcomed to Valley FB. ISUb is no joke.

UCMoc
December 4th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Haven't read anything other than this as I jumped to the last page first but I'd like to say it's a decent spot but you never ever go there over Porker's. If we're suggesting BBQ please take my word for it and look that place up first and foremost. I found Sticky's first and missed that spot until about the 3rd time there and was kicking myself for missing it the first couple times.

Fun fact: former President Bush (W) went to Porker's once while in office. It's worthy of a stop.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Fun fact: former President Bush (W) went to Porker's once while in office. It's worthy of a stop.

Yes, Grizo, me, Ellsworthgriz, & Griz0383 sat in the same booth. It's obvious they reserve it for extremely important peops.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Start the day off RIGHT....have an Arnold for breakfast. A big pile of BBQ on top of your eggs. Their Biscuits and Gravy are pretty good too.

citdog
December 4th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Dude sticky fingers is a chain that serves Q fit only to feed to our canine friends.

GO MOCS!

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Taking my dad with me, we'll be eating wherever he wants LOL

UCMoc
December 4th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Dude sticky fingers is a chain that serves Q fit only to feed to our canine friends.

GO MOCS!

Wofford is coming?

UCMoc
December 4th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Taking my dad with me, we'll be eating wherever he wants LOL

What's he a fan of? I can give you a few places.
I personally will be at Chattanooga Brewing Company right next door to the stadium. Outstanding beer and burgers.

Panther-State
December 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM
I personally will be at Chattanooga Brewing Company right next door to the stadium. Outstanding beer and burgers.

Oh man, this place sounds fantastic. I'm gonna start driving...

Chaatnooga Brewing Company (http://www.chattabrew.com/food-menu/)

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2014, 09:55 PM

Im thinking we might do that before the game but there is an alumni thing at the hotel so mot sure what will happen. I was gonna make a joke about 2 servings of ISUb kicking ass but I couldn't get it to sound good.

underdawg
December 5th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Make the Valley proud Trees--we'll be watchingxpeacex

MartletCat
December 5th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to this matchup, especially after watching the progress UTC has made over the last few years. Some of my girlfriend's family went to ISU, but I'll of course be a SoCon homer. Do work Chatty!

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 06:32 AM
It's Gameday, Boys! Let's Go MOCS!!!!!

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Rain cant decide if it wants to go away. Drove by the stadium. Looks pretty nice

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Let's go Trees!!!

birdsflyhigh
December 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Keep it rolling Trees! :)

IndyTreeFan
December 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I'm sitting in my hotel lobby in Chattanooga, waiting to walk over to the stadium. The people in Chatty have been great, but I still hope we ruin their day! This should be a great game! Let's make it happen, Cap'n!

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Get em, Indiana State.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I wonder if weather will play into the mocs hands... This is the only reason I expect the game to be close.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Rough start for the Sycs.

- - - Updated - - -

7-0 Mocs

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
ISUb D getting run over so far. 14-0 Mocs

PantherRob82
14-0

Cleets
That was a very very cool formation..!!! Trips fullbacks

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Statement drive

ursus arctos horribilis
That was a very very cool formation..!!! Trips fullbacks

yeah, that was pretty sweet.

Cleets
Statement drive

Indeed...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Don't count out the Trees, they spotted EKU before scraping back. Still early.

PantherRob82
Indiana State needs to do something quick.

Cleets
yeah, that was pretty sweet.

That's a lot of meat lined up in the backfield..!!! My guess is about 640 Lbs

ursus arctos horribilis
December 6th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Don't count out the Trees, they spotted EKU before scraping back. Still early.

I'm definitely not counting out but this is the usual not good start but they are just getting pushed around right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM
That's a lot of meat lined up in the backfield..!!! My guess is about 640 Lbs

I'd say more like 900-1000 cuz you had 4 guys rolling into the endzone there.

Kemo
December 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Chatty O line has dominated so far. Trees to figure something out quick.

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
They are running the ball at will against us

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Big stop for the Sycamores

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Tree's are getting some chances, gotta capitalize on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as I finished typing that, there you go.

centennial
And just like that 14-7

Cleets
AJ Johnson cruises by the coverage

Kemo
ISUb answers with authority!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM
TD ISU!

Cleets
December 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I bet Noogy keeps a safety back now... That was too easy

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Lot of misdirection from chatt. One way of keeping defense on heels.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Indiana State defense doesn't seem to have many answers.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Blocked FG by ISU

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Every once in a while, the Trees show life.

Kemo
December 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM
ISUb just makes plays at the right time. Great drive by Chatty stalls out and then the Trees block the FG.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Indiana State defense doesn't seem to have many answers.
Chat is a tricky offense. Their QB is going to get sacked if they keep letting him being unprotected.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Really lucky not getting a penalty.

Kemo
December 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
That's a missed PI that should have went against Chatty.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Call the game fair refs. Dont guess.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Come on ISU..

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:14 PM
STOPPED on 4th and 1 on the goal line

thebootfitter
December 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Nice stop!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Interesting game!

thebootfitter
December 6th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Terrible call. The only contact was from another Moc.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
There it was! They always bite on that play.

centennial
21-7 chat

chattownmocs

True. Refs are guessing and not seeing.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
This

thebootfitter
December 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
True. Refs are guessing and not seeing.
Yeah, and it's going both ways. At least some are eligible for instant replay.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Another BS call.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM

Really??? The Indiana State player knocked the Chattanooga player into him.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Missed it! ISU is still in the game.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Really??? The Indiana State player knocked the Chattanooga player into him.

True as well. And I believe that is a penalty.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Trees are lucky this one isn't completely out of hand at half time. Nice job by Chatty.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Came up empty inside the 10 3 times. Not good. I like what we are doing on both sides of the ball though.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 01:52 PM

My point exactly.

Indiana State fans,

Do not blame the refs. Just face the unpleasant prospect that you just may have underestimated this little team from the SoCon.

I kept hearing when the Mocs were up 14-7. Looks a lot like the EKU game. Sycamores, I regret to inform you this ain't Eastern Kentucky.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 01:57 PM
At the half.

Total yards:
Chatt - 301
ISU - 130

I'm liking what I'm seeing from my Mocs so far. Let's keep it up in the second half. ISU makes me a little nervous, with their quick strike offense, so there is no time to relax.

Mocs can't keep missing FG's This is something that hasn't happened all year.

longtimemocfan
December 6th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Total offense Mocs-301 trees-130.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
28-7 Chatty.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Sweet play big Derrick Craine!

ANOTHER TD for the coach's son!

28-7 Mocs!!!

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
ISU pissing it down their leg again. Still a good run for team picked to be last in the MVFC.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
ISU pissing it down their leg again. Still a good run for team picked to be last in the MVFC.

Ridiculous comment. So, a team comes out and plays an excellent game, and the other team is just 'pissing it down their leg". An MVC team can't possibly just get defeated, right? They must have just pissed it away.

The game isn't over yet, though so maybe they can wipe the "piss" off their leg.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM

No, no it is not. It was the wrong call.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM

No I'm pretty sure it is a penalty.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM

And, that is absolutely the difference in the game, isn't it?

It's not the 21-5 edge in 1st downs or the 383-145 edge in total yards. It's the bad call on catch interference.

Camo312
December 6th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Fair catch:* Protection terminates when kick touches the ground or touches another Team B player; if contact with a potential receiver is the result of a player being blocked by an*opponent, it is not fair-catch interference.

From NCAA Rule Book

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
WHAT A FREAKING CATCH!!!!!

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Fair catch:* Protection terminates when kick touches the ground or touches another Team B player; if contact with a potential receiver is the result of a player being blocked by an*opponent, it is not fair-catch interference.

From NCAA Rule Book

Maybe that is what I'm thinking of.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 02:49 PM
And, that is absolutely the difference in the game, isn't it?

It's not the 21-5 edge in 1st downs or the 383-145 edge in total yards. It's the bad call on catch interference.

It could have been, you don't know. Plain and simple it was the wrong call.

Camo312
December 6th, 2014, 02:53 PM
21 of Mocs point are the direct result of the bad punt call and two big play overturns. I think ISU fans have every right to be upset with the officiating. Would the outcome be different? Who knows?

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
21 of Mocs point are the direct result of the bad punt call and two big play overturns. I think ISU fans have every right to be upset with the officiating. Would the outcome be different? Who knows?

Plays overturned? They were clearly catches. My God you are dumb. This has been a complete mismatch and the MVC and socon myth has been exposed.

Camo312
December 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I didn't say they were the wrong calls, but it sucks think you got it and then didn't. Thanks for being an ass about it. And you wonder why people constantly mock you... That taunting call pretty much sums of the officiating today.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Its easy to talk when your team isn't involved. It sems especially hollow since you watched the most dominant performance over a decent team this season when chattanooga destroyed WCU.

I didn't say they were the wrong calls, but it sucks think you got it and then didn't. Thanks for being an ass about it. And you wonder why people constantly mock you... That taunting call pretty much sums of the officiating today.

But no comment on the holding calls against center on inside run plays that just took a td off the board.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 03:04 PM

That was a pretty awful call. But, it's up to the refs judgment on those types of calls.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 03:05 PM

If the calls weren't wrong, why bring it up? ISU has had 1 good play on offense, and scored on a weird fluky play on the kickoff, and meanwhile the Mocs have absolutely controlled the ball, marching down the field almost at will, and you want to pretend that the game was decided by the officials.

No sour grapes please. It does not become you.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Even Chokeanooga won't be able to beat themselves today. Nice job.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM

Nice troll attempt, bitch.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM

What does that even mean?

Camo312
December 6th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I have no sour grapes. I'm thrilled we made the playoffs. I make an offhand comment about being frustrated with the officiating even saying that I can't say if it would have made a difference. It probably wouldn't have. Now I'm being personally insulted by your fan base.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:12 PM
No doubt the patriot league refs are in over their heads. But so is Indiana State.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2014, 03:12 PM
What does that even mean?

All the mistakes you made and it's 35-14.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I have no sour grapes. I'm thrilled we made the playoffs. I make an offhand comment about being frustrated with the officiating even saying that I can't say if it would have made a difference. It probably wouldn't have. Now I'm being personally insulted by your fan base.

Because you brought up the overturned calls that were correct!

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
The patriot league refs are clearly worst than even SoCon refs. Well played chatt, ISU didn't show up today.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
The patriot league refs are clearly worst than even SoCon refs. Well played chatt, ISU didn't show up today.

You were right, it wasn't close.

Camo312
December 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry I felt frustrated that the referees gave us two defensive stops before taking them away. My bad.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Plays overturned? They were clearly catches. My God you are dumb. This has been a complete mismatch and the MVC and socon myth has been exposed.

The only call I saw that was bad was the fair catch punt call. The passes were clearly catches. I am not sure about the whole MVC vs SOCON though.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry I felt frustrated that the referees gave us two defensive stops before taking them away. My bad.

That's the only problem I had with any indiana state fans comments all week. Your mvfc brethren were the ones talking all the bs.

SpeedkingATL
December 6th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Nice win Mocs! Keep it going next week.

ElCid
December 6th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Well played Mocs! So much for all the negative remarks about the Mocs all year. Those of us who already played the Mocs knew what the actually story was all along. This wasn't just a win, it was a dominating performance. I guess the Indiana St may have had an off day, but wow. 503-178 yards, TOP 43-17! Keep it going.

FUBeAR
December 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Complaining about the officiating in this game seems a bit like complaining about the lack of a seat cushion while sitting in the electric chair. Chatt. completely dominated this game from start to finish on both sides of the ball. 1 big play, 1 fortunate play, and some shoddy "Money Team" play by the Mocs kept it from being a complete rout on the scoreboard. Chatt is a very good team, as they demonstrated by dominating every team in the SoCon...well, almost every team. ;)

If weather isn't a big factor, I'll take the Mocs over the #1 seed CAA Champ next week. GO SoCon!

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Complaining about the officiating in this game seems a bit like complaining about the lack of a seat cushion while sitting in the electric chair. Chatt. completely dominated this game from start to finish on both sides of the ball. 1 big play, 1 fortunate play, and some shoddy "Money Team" play by the Mocs kept it from being a complete rout on the scoreboard. Chatt is a very good team, as they demonstrated by dominating every team in the SoCon...well, almost every team. ;)

If weather isn't a big factor, I'll take the Mocs over the #1 seed CAA Champ next week. GO SoCon!

Well said FUBeAR. Only some uncharacteristic mistakes made this one a 3 TD game. It could have easily been 51-7. As it is, I'll certainly take 35-14.

By the way. I was at Finley for the Mercer game, and I was very impressed with Mercer's team. Hard to believe that they are only in like their 2nd or 3rd year of the program. I foresee the Bears being the Mocs stiffest competition in the SoCon over the next few years.

Chief Lookout
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Go Mocs! Bring on New Hampshire

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Great win for the Mocs. As far as the officiating goes....it was bad for both sides. There weren't any misapplications of enforcements, but some very bad judgements. At least reply was available to correct some of it. The back judge must have told everyone he knew to watch for him on espn3 because he was throwing his flag on everything. You don't call holding on a guard from 30 yards away. Bad on both sides....and our CAS friends get that every week, and usually without replay.

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 04:31 PM
One more thing, as an umpire for 12 years...if my Backjudge throws that flag, I'm going to pick it up and hand it back to him. Not his call. I don't call delay of game or pass interference, he doesn't call holding. He is probably sitting with an ice pack ace bandaged to his shoulder like an MLB pitcher right now.

utcfan
December 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I went to the game, so I do not know what has been said in-game and don't plan to read it! UTC had a convincing win today. Go Mocs!

Stats http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2014/utc1206.htm

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2014, 04:53 PM
The only call I saw that was bad was the fair catch punt call. The passes were clearly catches. I am not sure about the whole MVC vs SOCON though.

On their home field, the SOCON champ beat the fifth place Valley team. Don't celebrate too much yet.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 04:57 PM
On their home field, the SOCON champ beat the fifth place Valley team. Don't celebrate too much yet.

Lol, based on the asinine comments you have made bout Chattanooga, why are you here? MVC got exposed today. End of story. Complete dominance.

Mocs123
December 6th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I hope all the Indiana state fans had a good stay in Chattanooga and got a chance to see some of the city. Congratulations on a great season and good luck next season.

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I hope all the Indiana state fans had a good stay in Chattanooga and got a chance to see some of the city. Congratulations on a great season and good luck next season.

The ones I met were all really nice folks. Like us, they were a proud group of fans that have been waiting for this season for a long time. I think they are on the rise....probably not the last we hear from the trees.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats Mocs!

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM

The SoCon was undefeated today. How'd the MVFC do today?

jacksfan29
December 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM

Dumb comment, 3 lost; 2 to other MVFC schools. Moc's get hammered by both SDSU and UNI if they play.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Dumb comment, 3 lost; 2 to other MVFC schools. Moc's get hammered by both SDSU and UNI if they play.

Dumb comment. Stfu

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I may be going out on a limb here but you're not very bright.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
The missouri valley got exposed. Talent gap was wide. The idiots that were running their mouths about this game are still talking. You guys suck.

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2014, 06:47 PM

MVFC has 2 teams in the quarterfinals.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;2193580]The missouri valley got exposed. Talent gap was wide. The idiots that were running their mouths about this game are still talking. You guys suck.[/QU

Wow you are dumb. You are a troll through and through.

Milktruck74

The only dumb thing I did was give some people the benefit of the doubt to see sarcastic humor!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
The missouri valley got exposed. Talent gap was wide. The idiots that were running their mouths about this game are still talking. You guys suck.

No, the MVFC did not get exposed.

UTC looks very good, but you are still the best SoCon team by a wide margin and ISU-b is a 4-4 Valley team.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 06:53 PM
No, the MVFC did not get exposed.

UTC looks very good, but you are still the best SoCon team by a wide margin and ISU-b is a 4-4 Valley team.

They'd be a 4-3 3-4 socon team too.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
The only dumb thing I did was give some people the benefit of the doubt to see sarcastic humor!!!

You forgot to indicate any sarcasm.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM

I thought the sarcasm was evident in the comment. It is probably because of assclown guys like chattownmocs that everyone is taking you seriously.

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM
MVFC has 2 teams in the quarterfinals.

good thing the committee gave you those two gimmies....or it could have been 0-5 today. Ha. Seriously, It was a tough day for the MVFC. NDSU didn't look like the dominant team they usually do. SDS played pretty well (may be why NDS didn't). ISUr looked OK...but the three losers, Well, they lost. I'm sure NDSU will be back in form next week.

Southern Bison
December 6th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Chattown, did you catch any of the game in between making Cold Cut combos?

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Chattown, did you catch any of the game in between making Cold Cut combos?
He is mopping the floors at a McDonalds. Making sandwiches would be a step up.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Total yards- Chattanooga 503 ISU 178
TOP- Chattanooga 43 mins ISU 17 mins.

Complete dismantling and unraveling of the mvfc and socon myths.

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 07:22 PM
"No question UTC's Jacob Huesman is the best quarterback we have seen this season ... He is better than I thought ... he is special ...a difference maker .... we couldn't stop him."
Indiana State coach Mike Sanford

OL FU
December 6th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Good to see the Mocs win!!!! Congrats!!!!

Milktruck74
December 6th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Good to see the Mocs win!!!! Congrats!!!!
I was thinking (on my 3 hour ride home) of all those years I rooted for Furman, Wofford and (as much as it pains me to admit) App and GSU this time of year....and it felt good to know that this year you guys have to cheer for the Blue and Gold!!!!!! Thanks, got to rep the SoCon next week in Durham!!!!

longtimemocfan
December 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM

So your going to reply to dumb comment with a dumb comment of your own.

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3586805

Highlights

OL FU
December 7th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I was thinking (on my 3 hour ride home) of all those years I rooted for Furman, Wofford and (as much as it pains me to admit) App and GSU this time of year....and it felt good to know that this year you guys have to cheer for the Blue and Gold!!!!!! Thanks, got to rep the SoCon next week in Durham!!!!

Not difficult to root for the Mocs. Rooting for CCU too. South Carolina connection, etc.

The only SoCon Teams I have not cheered for in the playoffs - Marshall NEVER because they cheated their way to fame and their fans were awful. and Georgia Southern in 2012. Monken is a dick.

SU DOG
December 7th, 2014, 09:13 AM
A late CONGRATS from a Samford Fan - proud of the way you guys represented the SoCon. Mocs may be the most underrated team now left. If the weather isn't a big factor, I think there is a good chance that UTC will advance.

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2014, 09:33 AM
A late CONGRATS from a Samford Fan - proud of the way you guys represented the SoCon. Mocs may be the most underrated team now left. If the weather isn't a big factor, I think there is a good chance that UTC will advance.

I hope your are right...Thanks.

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Not difficult to root for the Mocs. Rooting for CCU too. South Carolina connection, etc.

The only SoCon Teams I have not cheered for in the playoffs - Marshall NEVER because they cheated their way to fame and their fans were awful. and Georgia Southern in 2012. Monken is a dick.

That is true...I still hate Marshall!!! The only place I've ever been spit on by a fan. We also use to have to wear our helmets into and out of the locker room, because the fans would pelt us with airplane bottles and cokes. Pure lack of class. We haven't played them in 15 years or more, and I still want to flip off any car I see riding down the road with a Marshall sticker on it (I sometimes have to travel through WV). I still haven't watched that movie about them because I don't want anything to lessen my hatred of them.

citdog
December 7th, 2014, 09:42 AM
That is true...I still hate Marshall!!! The only place I've ever been spit on by a fan. We also use to have to wear our helmets into and out of the locker room, because the fans would pelt us with airplane bottles and cokes. Pure lack of class. We haven't played them in 15 years or more, and I still want to flip off any car I see riding down the road with a Marshall sticker on it (I sometimes have to travel through WV). I still haven't watched that movie about them because I don't want anything to lessen my hatred of them.

One of the best quotes in AGS History was uttered by Cid1990. "I rooted for Xavier during the movie "

semobison
December 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I had not seen Chatty play this season. I was surprised by their physical play of their offense. Better than I expected, but the Trees were not a physical team by Valley standards, they had trouble stopping the run all season. That being said, nice job Moc's, you deserved the seed!

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Disappointed by the outcome but glad I made the trip. Before I get too fired up in what happened, I think I'll watch the replay to see if I get a different perspective.

The people in Chattanooga were pretty cool, a couple fans were douche bags but not too bad. People around town were helpful and the tailgate pavilion was pretty cool. It's too bad the rain didn't stop sooner or I think you would have had more fans. I'll bet that ran a couple thousand off. I like the stadium. I wish we had something like that near our campus (the spot right next to the river).