PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 2015 season tickets!

catamount man
November 28th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Not a bad early bird price of $75.00. WCU's home games in 2015 will be Presbyterian, Samford, Mercer, Furman and an unnamed at this time d2 opponent. Looking forward to the CATS returning 15 starters to build on 2014's 7-5 season. GO CATS!!! xthumbsupx

citdog
November 28th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Why the D2?

catamount man
November 29th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Why the D2?
One a year is not bad and I don't know for sure. Just assuming we'll throw Mars Hill a bone.

AshevilleApp2
November 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM
One a year is not bad and I don't know for sure. Just assuming we'll throw Mars Hill a bone.

That would be cool. A friends son just red-shirted at Mars Hill this season. Hopefully he'll play next year.

catamount man
November 30th, 2014, 06:46 AM
That would be cool. A friends son just red-shirted at Mars Hill this season. Hopefully he'll play next year. That would be cool. I'm just assuming it will be Mars Hill though.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Looking forward to the trip up to Cullowhee in 2015.

Haven't been to the 'Whee since I 'kissed my sister' up there as a GA in '83...and I left my ACL on the bad 'carpet' there in '80. Hoping for a better outcome than these in '15.

I hear there have been quite a few upgrades in the stadium, field, and field house since those ancient days. Really looking forward to seeing all that & I hope our friends in the WCU Athletic Department will reciprocate & provide us Bears fans with as great of a reserved Tailgate spot next Fall as the Cats fans were provided in Macon this year.

catamount man
November 30th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to the trip up to Cullowhee in 2015.

Haven't been to the 'Whee since I 'kissed my sister' up there as a GA in '83...and I left my ACL on the bad 'carpet' there in '80. Hoping for a better outcome than these in '15.

I hear there have been quite a few upgrades in the stadium, field, and field house since those ancient days. Really looking forward to seeing all that & I hope our friends in the WCU Athletic Department will reciprocate & provide us Bears fans with as great of a reserved Tailgate spot next Fall as the Cats fans were provided in Macon this year.

WCU won't reserve you a spot but you guys get there early enough and you could fill up the baseball stadium parking lot because the creek lot, stadium lot, field house lot and performing arts center lot are blocked off with event staff setting up blocks to boot. Baseball lots are nice though, especially if you get a grass spot right behind the creek. Enjoy your trip up and back, but not in between. LOL! GO CATS!xthumbsupx

stevdock
November 30th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Enjoy your season tickets. I totally wish I could do the same but the waiting list up here is so long, I'm hoping to have them in the next 10 years or so. Thankfully I have another way to get into the stadium and have only missed one home game in the last almost 20 years now.

OL FU
December 1st, 2014, 07:29 AM
WCU won't reserve you a spot but you guys get there early enough and you could fill up the baseball stadium parking lot because the creek lot, stadium lot, field house lot and performing arts center lot are blocked off with event staff setting up blocks to boot. Baseball lots are nice though, especially if you get a grass spot right behind the creek. Enjoy your trip up and back, but not in between. LOL! GO CATS!xthumbsupx

At least you'll reserve them an area to sitxsmiley_wix

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2014, 01:06 PM
At least you'll reserve them an area to sitxsmiley_wix

Selected Samples from FUBeAR's Relative Importance Scale...

Tailgating at college football games = 100

World Peace = 50

Winner of American Idol = 0

SITTING at "My Team's" Football Games = -50

BEAR
December 1st, 2014, 01:10 PM
Wish "my team" would put tix on sale now... It's Christmas! I'm getting a little spending money! xxmasx

Which reminds me...its time to donate to AGS! xthumbsupx

walliver
December 1st, 2014, 04:27 PM
Not a bad early bird price of $75.00. WCU's home games in 2015 will be Presbyterian, Samford, Mercer, Furman and an unnamed at this time d2 opponent. Looking forward to the CATS returning 15 starters to build on 2014's 7-5 season. GO CATS!!! xthumbsupx

You're getting hit by the SoCon's unbalanced schedule this year. With just 3 home conference games, getting 5 home games can be difficult without resorting to a D2

At least in 2016 we all get 4 home games.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2014, 05:59 AM
Selected Samples from FUBeAR's Relative Importance Scale...

Tailgating at college football games = 100

World Peace = 50

Winner of American Idol = 0

SITTING at "My Team's" Football Games = -50

When you reach my age you will reverse that order:)

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
When you reach my age you will reverse that order:)

"Age" is actually made up of multiple components and varies depending on the situation....here are mine 'at rest'...

Physical >85 years old
Chronological = closing in on that double-nickel
Mental = 30 to 40 years old...maybe
Emotional = 3.5 years old

So...my 'weighted average age' on my teams' game days = 18 years old (and bullet-proof)....and that's why I LOVE game days!

catamount man
December 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
You're getting hit by the SoCon's unbalanced schedule this year. With just 3 home conference games, getting 5 home games can be difficult without resorting to a D2

At least in 2016 we all get 4 home games.

Yep. Through one of my WCU sources, the CATS get Citadel, Wofford, Chatt and VMI at home in 2016 and are away at Furman, Samford, Mercer and ETSU. Things will be balanced again. GO CATS!

Catamount87
December 4th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Why the D2 game? (Thankfully it's only one) It balances out the two FBS games. Plus, with all the D2 programs that are in close proximity (Mars Hill, Catawba, Lenior-Rhyne, etc) it's a "neighborly" thing to do as well given there are many local connections.

We need to give our athletic department credit here about the season ticket campaign. They are "striking while the fire is hot" and also giving a bit of a reward out to the loyal supporters/season ticket holders. We've got some really great folks over there working their tails off, doing great things, creating more excitement and building WCU athletics back up!