PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Ticket prices

URMite
November 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Our board is discussing the fact that all our tickets including youth are $25. I thought that was dictated by the NCAA.

What are the regulations for playoff prices? And what does the NCAA receive from them?

I thought their percentage was based on $25.

knucklehead
November 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
The tix at JMU at $20 and $12

URMite
November 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
But is the school subsidizing the difference? I really don't know...

UNIFanSince1983
November 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
$10 at UNI.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM
NDSU is $40 for sideline and $30 for end zone.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/22/FB_1122142402.aspx

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Students have to pay $5 for their tickets throughout the entire playoffs minus the National Title game. Those tickets are much harder to come by for students through the Student Government, too.

melloware13
November 27th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Way back when UD last made the playoffs, the tickets all were up from the normal price. What is usually $15 was $20, $20 was $30, $30 was $35, and $40 was $45. Students were $5 because of it being the minimum price allowed by NCAA.

CHIP72
November 27th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Villanova's tickets next week (12/6) are $20.

As a frame of reference, in Division II, for Bloomsburg's game on Saturday the tickets are $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzlies82
November 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM
All playoff tickets at Montana are priced at $35. That price is the same regardless of the section, or row, you're sitting in.

As to the NCAA cut, I believe it all comes back to the bids rather than any percentage. The NCAA keeps the amount of the bid, the schools can keep the balance.
So if you're hosting for the $30,000 minimum and you sell 3,000 at $10 you covered the NCAA's cut. Though beyond that you'd still need to cover your other costs of hosting.
If you bid $120,000 then the NCAA takes that amount from you too. So most programs want a bid high enough to secure a home game, yet not so high as to eat the potential 'profit' a school might make.

clenz
November 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM
The price for a ticket to the playoffs is dictated by schools, but must be at least the price of your cheapest regular season game.

It's why uni always has 1 $10 game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Our board is discussing the fact that all our tickets including youth are $25. I thought that was dictated by the NCAA.

What are the regulations for playoff prices? And what does the NCAA receive from them?

The NCAA receives what ever the minimum bid was or 75% of net income depending on which number is greater.

URMite
November 27th, 2014, 03:45 PM
The NCAA receives what ever the minimum bid was or 75% of net income depending on which number is greater.

For some reason, I thought their percentage was based on Gross Revenue not Net Income. If Net Income, they have less control of Ticket Prices. Thanks!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2014, 04:07 PM
All playoff tickets at Montana are priced at $35. That price is the same regardless of the section, or row, you're sitting in.

As to the NCAA cut, I believe it all comes back to the bids rather than any percentage. The NCAA keeps the amount of the bid, the schools can keep the balance.
So if you're hosting for the $30,000 minimum and you sell 3,000 at $10 you covered the NCAA's cut. Though beyond that you'd still need to cover your other costs of hosting.
If you bid $120,000 then the NCAA takes that amount from you too. So most programs want a bid high enough to secure a home game, yet not so high as to eat the potential 'profit' a school might make.

This is incorrect. the split on ticket sales with the NCAA is 80/20 or something close to that. The bid serves as a minimum in case they are not made whole by the ticket sales. A couple years back Montana sent 1.6 million to the NCAA and that was not from bids.

rokamortis
November 27th, 2014, 11:56 PM

From the manual: "There are no minimum ticket prices for first-round games. However, for the second-round, quarterfinals and semifinals, the host institutions shall not set ticket prices lower than the regular-season ticket prices. As a reminder, host institutions may not offer complimentary tickets for the championship."

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2014, 12:23 AM

According to the 2012 championship handbook, it was 75% of the estimated net receipts. At least it is if I'm reading it right. Here's the quote:

Site Selection
With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
 First round – $30,000
 Second round – $30,000
 Quarterfinal – $40,000
 Semifinal – $50,000
2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top five seeded teams.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...B_OEM_ID=12300 (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/div1aaaada/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/adminguidelines.pdf?CONTENT_ID=251746&DB_OEM_ID=12300)

chattanoogamocs
November 28th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Chattanooga prices for second round on 12/6...

$30 Reserved
$20 General
$10 Youth (General)
$5 Student

The office of the Chancellor bought an unspecified amount of student tickets so they could give them away to students...they have made them available at the Mocs and Lady Mocs basketball games this week (someone told me there were 500 total). Basically, all a student had to do was show valid student ID at the end of the basketball game to get a free ticket.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 28th, 2014, 08:56 AM
The office of the Chancellor bought an unspecified amount of student tickets so they could give them away to students...they have made them available at the Mocs and Lady Mocs basketball games this week (someone told me there were 500 total). Basically, all a student had to do was show valid student ID at the end of the basketball game to get a free ticket.

EKU does the same thing in order to allow students into the 1st round game free. Unfortunately, with the dorms closed for the Thanksgiving weekend, there aren't many students on campus to take advantage of the free tix.

clenz
November 28th, 2014, 03:13 PM
EKU does the same thing in order to allow students into the 1st round game free. Unfortunately, with the dorms closed for the Thanksgiving weekend, there aren't many students on campus to take advantage of the free tix.
It's not uncommon for Coach Farley to "buy" 4,000ish student tickets and give them out first come first serve

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Being a season ticket holder, my tickets were $20 each for my same seats.

BNiche
November 28th, 2014, 09:27 PM
For Fordham's home game against SHU:

Chairback Loge- $20 each
General Admission- $15
Senior Citizen General Admission- $10
Child General Admission (2-12 years of age)- $5

Highest price for a GA game regular season? $12.

chattanoogamocs
November 28th, 2014, 09:43 PM

Chattanooga had a little more success giving them out during the holiday because the Lady Mocs hosted the Lady Vols Wednesday night.

Which gives me a chance to say...

#4 Tennessee 63
Chattanooga 67
FINAL

(that's twice in the last 3 years that the LMs have beaten the Lady Vols)

citdog
November 29th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Chattanooga had a little more success giving them out during the holiday because the Lady Mocs hosted the Lady Vols Wednesday night.

Which gives me a chance to say...

#4 Tennessee 63
Chattanooga 67
FINAL

(that's twice in the last 3 years that the LMs have beaten the Lady Vols)

I wish appaholic was around so we could discuss that 6 foot 11 blonde we saw at the bars after appy beat the blue hens in the chipper....

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 2nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
At UNH

$30 Chair Back
$25 Reserved
$20 GA
$10 Youth GA
$5 Student

They did run a Cyber Monday special $10 GA one day only

tomq04
December 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
$45 for all tickets in Cheney. Sold out in ~20 minutes.

clenz
December 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
all dozens of them....

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2014, 09:44 AM
all dozens of them....

Seriously...and now there's people selling them on Stubhub for upwards of 600 bucks...xlolxxlolx

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Seriously...and now there's people selling them on Stubhub for upwards of 600 bucks...xlolxxlolx
Is EWU one of the places where they package regular season Griz game tickets with other games to try to get Montana fans to pay them a few extra bucks and buy two tickets instead of one? At least if that's the case, they can't do that in the playoffs xthumbsupx

tomq04
December 3rd, 2014, 11:18 AM
This was our best year yet. We sold out all games before our 2nd conference game kicked off. They did sell "all conference home game" packages though. I wasn't at the griz game, but from the looks of it they didn't have their usual large showing...lots more red than maroon. People in Spokane are preferring to go to Cheney and watch EWU win than drive 2 hours and watch WSU lose.

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
all dozens of them....

After season ticket holders and allotments, there were only 200 available.

CasualFan
December 3rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Richmond at CCU tickets:

$20 upper sections
$15 lower sections

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
After season ticket holders and allotments, there were only 200 available.

i'm honestly ignorant on this matter .. what are the "allotments"? student section or something? how the f can you end up with only TWO HUNDRED tickets available to the public? are there that many season ticket holders? educate me.

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM

Not trying to throw smack, but I can't imagine this playoff game selling out in Cheney this quickly if it were any team other than Montana coming into town. I can see it with Montana because every Eags fan hates Montana and it's the biggest rivalry in the sky behind Cat/Griz. Chances are this game doesn't sell out without Montana involved. It's definitely a good sign that the EWU fan base is starting to show up even for playoff games, which most FCS teams not named Montana/Montana State/NDSU struggle with.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2014, 05:26 PM
Not trying to throw smack, but I can't imagine this playoff game selling out in Cheney this quickly if it were any team other than Montana coming into town. I can see it with Montana because every Eags fan hates Montana and it's the biggest rivalry in the sky behind Cat/Griz. Chances are this game doesn't sell out without Montana involved. It's definitely a good sign that the EWU fan base is starting to show up even for playoff games, which most FCS teams not named Montana/Montana State/NDSU struggle with.

For their playoff games last year:

SDSU: 6,127
Jax State: 4,277
Towson: 6,209

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2014, 06:06 PM
i'm honestly ignorant on this matter .. what are the "allotments"? student section or something? how the f can you end up with only TWO HUNDRED tickets available to the public? are there that many season ticket holders? educate me.

The "allotment" is the amount of tickets sent to the visiting school to be sold to their fans. I believe the standard number is 500. So if what Kalm posted is correct, their season ticket holders essentially bought just over 9,000 out of their stadium's 10,000 seats (less whatever they allocated to the EWU student section).

So presumably there will be some empty seats scattered around the stadium (empty seats yet sold to ensure they didn't end up in the hands of fans of you know who).

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
The "allotment" is the amount of tickets sent to the visiting school to be sold to their fans. I believe the standard number is 500. So if what Kalm posted is correct, their season ticket holders essentially bought just over 9,000 out of their stadium's 10,000 seats (less whatever they allocated to the EWU student section).

So presumably there will be some empty seats scattered around the stadium (empty seats yet sold to ensure they didn't end up in the hands of fans of you know who).

8700 without the Endzone clubs and temp searing that the NCAA doesn't allow.

IIRC we have around 6,000 season ticket holders including press box and corporate blocks. All of those could buy additional tickets before they went public.

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
But I do get a kick out of all the Griz angst over this. There will be more than a few Griz fans there I'm sure and they will be loud but you guys need to seriously chill the **** out over the rising popularity of Eagle Nation. It ain't always about you.

Deep breaths...lol

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
i'm not worried about the presence or lack thereof of griz fans at the game. i was just a little confused. there being only two hundred tickets available to such a big football game just struck me as strange and unamerican. my personal feeling is that anybody who wants to buy a ticket should be able to buy one, no matter where they're coming from, but whatever. i guess i wasn't taking into account

1. the amount of season ticket holders (more than i thought)

and

2. the size of the stadium (smaller than i thought)

makes more sense now. thanks

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
But I do get a kick out of all the Griz angst over this. There will be more than a few Griz fans there I'm sure and they will be loud but you guys need to seriously chill the **** out over the rising popularity of Eagle Nation. It ain't always about you.

Deep breaths...lol

Kalm, no worries. There is no angst in me. I'll be comfortably watching the game from a Billings sports bar.

Though you are wrong. It is always about me. Don't forget that and we'll get along fine. :)

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
Kalm, no worries. There is no angst in me. I'll be comfortably watching the game from a Billings sports bar.

Though you are wrong. It is always about me. Don't forget that and we'll get along fine. :)

Yeah...well good luck living in the 2000's...:)

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2014, 10:10 PM

Deep breaths...lol

Have you ever been to eGriz? "Chill the **** out" is not something we do.

kalm
December 3rd, 2014, 10:25 PM
Have you ever been to eGriz? "Chill the **** out" is not something we do.

xbowx

veinup
December 3rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
what is egriz

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2014, 11:50 PM
what is egriz

It is the font of all wisdom when discussing FCS football, Cold, Loud, and other mens daughters.

grizband
December 4th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Kalm,I was under the impression that NCAA mandated 500 tickets for visiting teams in the playoffs. If correct, how were only 200 available?

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Kalm,I was under the impression that NCAA mandated 500 tickets for visiting teams in the playoffs. If correct, how were only 200 available?

I believe those 500 hundred were set aside and sold to GSA members.