PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Playoff Moments

Teal2018
November 27th, 2014, 04:45 AM
With the start of this years playoff just a few days away, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's favorite moments were from previous playoffs.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Call it bias, but SELA vs UNH last year. That final drive where UNH put it away literally had my heart stopping.

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 06:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1R5MnKr-IM

This play sent NDSU to the FCS Championship game for the 2 peat.

Everyone and their mother knew that Brock was going to keep the ball. Georgia Southern knew he was going to keep the ball, and they still called 2 timesouts before we ran the play. NDSU lined up the exact same way before both timeouts...then called their own and didn't change a thing.

Total mind games.

NDSU is 3-0 against the Eagles.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2014, 07:13 AM
20183...............DUH DANCE......2003...............xhypedx......BRAWK!

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2014, 07:27 AM

Walking into Tubby Raymond Stadium in 2004 being told "we'll see you at halftime" (meaning it will be so bad Lafayette fans would depart at half if not before. I think I recall the News-Journal columnist predicting a 62-7 score or similar) and having this game go down to the 2 minute mark as LC was driving for the tying TD on UD's 25 or close and our QB rolled out was squashed between two Hens, ball popped straight up, and Mondo (?) took it back for the final TD, 28-14, a henpicked gentleman! Exciting game and afterwards lots of Hen fans came up to our group after game and in the Charcoal Pit restaurant to congratulate the Pards on a great game.

bostonspider
November 27th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Has to be the "drive" for UR against UNI in 2008.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6yCPJbBr8

Engineer86
November 27th, 2014, 07:34 AM

I am sure it was not the momentum killing chain gang debacle the next time you were there.

cant say I have a favorite cause both of these turned out poorly. But JMU taking seven plays to score from the 1 and LU not scoring on four plays from the 9 at UMass. Both were a margin of victory difference and in both cases those teams went on to win the championship. Both incredible moments of excitement and anticipation.

TypicalTribe
November 27th, 2014, 07:45 AM
December 4th, 2004. The Tribe, coming off a shootout with Hampton, hosts Delaware, coming off the aforementioned win over Lafayette. Delaware dominates most of the game and leads 31-10 at the start of the 4th quarter. First play of the quarter the Tribe returns an interception for a touchdown and proceeds to tie the game and send it to overtime. Tribe goes ahead in OT only to miss the extra point! Visions of an excruciating loss follow as Delaware moves toward a touchdown as well but Tribe D holds for the 44-38 2OT win and the first trip to the FCS semis in school history! Watched it at a bar in NYC. Started out with just two of us Tribe alums and by the end about 30 other people had been sucked in.

Second best memory was from the year before. I was supposed to be in central New York for the weekend and had purchased tickets to the Colgate-Western Illinois game. Unfortunately, the blizzard moved in and kept me from making the trip. However, I found a bar that was willing to put the game on and watched as the Leathernecks and Red Raiders went at it in a foot of snow. Colgate trailed late in the 4th quarter before Jamaal Branch powered in from the 1 with 2 minutes left. After they picked off Western to clinch the win, fans stormed the field, tore down the goalpost and carried the crossbar across campus. The biggest win in school history and one of the most unique and entertaining games in FCS history.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2014, 07:53 AM

Everyone and their mother knew that Brock was going to keep the ball. Georgia Southern knew he was going to keep the ball, and they still called 2 timesouts before we ran the play. NDSU lined up the exact same way before both timeouts...then called their own and didn't change a thing.

Total mind games.

That O-line is incredible.

kalm
November 27th, 2014, 08:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPGW_81TleI

So much happened in this game…nice weather, then snow, Taiwan Jones going off for 220 in the first half then getting hurt, back to back kickoff returns for touchdowns, the drive, the call...

kalm
November 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM
#2 would be the end of the third quarter time out during the 2010 semifinal against Villanova. It was a week or so before Christmas and there had to be at least 20 Santa Clauses in the crowd. Snow on the ground, cold as hell, festive environment. They played Rudolph during the time out and everyone joined the chorus, full throat.

AshevilleApp2
November 27th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Jason Hunter with the game winner in 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb88MjTHCRk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2014, 10:14 AM

Total mind games.

Watching Monken lose his mind will be one of the things I remember the most about that series. Much like everyone old enough remembers "The Pitch" it will always have a permanent reference "4th and 3"

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM
So much happened in this game…nice weather, then snow, Taiwan Jones going off for 220 in the first half then getting hurt, back to back kickoff returns for touchdowns, the drive, the call...

All things being equal, that game turned out way better for us than you. It sucked total ass at the time but probably wouldn't have been on the run we are on now if that hadn't happened.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2014, 10:28 AM
40-38. The safety. At 4:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpJwbMNiUY

kalm
November 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
All things being equal, that game turned out way better for us than you. It sucked total ass at the time but probably wouldn't have been on the run we are on now if that hadn't happened.

The second sentence makes sense. The first sentence is pure gibberish.

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM

Short Term it was better for your Eastern Washington University.
Long Term it was better for our North Dakota State University.

Pretty simple.

kalm
November 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Short Term it was better for your Eastern Washington University.
Long Term it was better for our North Dakota State University.

Pretty simple.

So winning that game wasn't good for us in the long term? And if you had won, it wouldn't have been as good?

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 10:54 AM
So winning that game wasn't good for us in the long term? And if you had won, it wouldn't have been as good?

I would state that the main reason NDSU went on a tear the past 4 years is 100% because of that game in EWU in 2010. Those on the team that lost that day hated how it turned out, and wanted to make sure that they never felt that defeat like that again. They've stated it in many interviews over the years.

I never said it was bad for your team in the long term, but I'd argue it was better for NDSU long term, and 3 titles probably don't disagree with my point.

Of course it was better for your program short term....2010 National Champions.

MTfan4life
November 27th, 2014, 10:58 AM

I disagree. NDSU has always been NDSU. Ever since they moved up, they made some smooth moves in recruiting and continually picked up a tremendous amount of talent. They still do just as well in 2012 and beyond regardless of how that game goes. It's not like all of a sudden they started working harder. The "you're going to work to win" atmosphere that had always been there still reigned.

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I disagree. NDSU has always been NDSU. Ever since they moved up, they made some smooth moves in recruiting and continually picked up a tremendous amount of talent. They still do just as well in 2012 and beyond regardless of how that game goes. It's not like all of a sudden they started working harder. The "you're going to work to win" atmosphere that had always been there still reigned.

Damn it, Lance. Stop making sense.

I would still think that the loss added a little bit of a fire under asses for the past few seasons, though.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Damn it, Lance. Stop making sense.

I would still think that the loss added a little bit of a fire under asses for the past few seasons, though.

This.

33 game win streak, 3 national titles, 4 MVFC championships. All that happened since then. There was a lot of stumbling going into the MVFC that seemed to get straightened out during that playoff run.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU has absolutely skyrocketed, the trajectory of the two teams is not even close. I didn't say it was bad, I said it was way better for us.

Hammerhead
November 27th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Mine would be storming the field in Frisco after winning our 1st FCS title.

Next would be the anticipation of attending our first FCS playoff game in person. We left Portland on Friday night, drove through freezing rain near the tri-cities, and saw the temp dip to -7 when we stopped for Breakfast in Butte before making the final push to get to Bozeman on time.

Red & Black
November 27th, 2014, 11:56 AM

xlolx Exactly. Logic must be taught a little differently in Minnesota than in the Pacific Northwest.

kalm
November 27th, 2014, 12:04 PM
This.

33 game win streak, 3 national titles, 4 MVFC championships. All that happened since then. There was a lot of stumbling going into the MVFC that seemed to get straightened out during that playoff run.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU has absolutely skyrocketed, the trajectory of the two teams is not even close. I didn't say it was bad, I said it was way better for us.

I knew that's what you were being motivated by and it was unnecessary.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2014, 12:05 PM
The fake punt that led to a huge TD and title game win over SHSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVl53fu-WY

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2014, 12:11 PM
They all ended in pain, but those playoff games against UNI with Santos and Toman from 2005-2009 were classics. Really what made me such a fanatic.

Last year was nice, but knowing we had to get steamrolled in the FargoDome to end it kind of ruined the party.

Im hoping this year brings some great games to Durham!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Despite the loss, the 1998 quarterfinal playoff game at UMass. Ill never forget waking up a 5 am and traversing the 4.5 hours to Amherst, MA. That game was incredibly well played between the eventual national champs and perhaps the best Lehigh team over the last 30 years. Lehigh had 4 downs from the UMass 8 yard line with a minute left and couldn't do it....

The Towson game was also great. The stadium was sold out and the game was filled with tons of big plays.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Despite the loss, the 1998 quarterfinal playoff game at UMass. Ill never forget waking up a 5 am and traversing the 4.5 hours to Amherst, MA. That game was incredibly well played between the eventual national champs and perhaps the best Lehigh team over the last 30 years. Lehigh had 4 downs from the UMass 8 yard line with a minute left and couldn't do it....

The Towson game was also great. The stadium was sold out and the game was filled with tons of big plays.

98 was awesome, a bunch of us crashed at my apartment and we made the trek to Amherst. The crazy dude with the sign that read, "Lehigh: We're Just Better", running past a full UMass student section? That was me.

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Lots to choose from, but Sambrano's catch around 7:20...you just couldn't script it any better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8

OldKat95
November 27th, 2014, 12:40 PM
The 2004 SHSU game against EWU back before the red turf. That was a great game!

http://youtu.be/899IHaxoYbQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
November 27th, 2014, 12:45 PM
That one time we beat EWU before we had Montana just ran it up our ass

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2014, 12:48 PM
98 was awesome, a bunch of us crashed at my apartment and we made the trek to Amherst. The crazy dude with the sign that read, "Lehigh: We're Just Better", running past a full UMass student section? That was me.

The energy in that stadium that day was awesome! UMass was coming a big win over their hated rival UConn the week before. This was only 2 years removed from UMass's Final Four and UConn was a year a away from winning it. Those two were like cats and dogs at that time. Lehigh and UMass also had some history between each other including in the playoffs. The fact that Lehigh had beaten the Yankee Champ Richmond the week before only heightened the stakes.

What sucked was the winner of that game had a clear path to the title game. Both Lehigh and Umass was considerably better than the Northwestern State team that awaited in the semi's....

Silenoz
November 27th, 2014, 12:52 PM
The last couple minutes of either App State game
Beating UNI by 38... twice
Mariani almost single-handedly bringing us back from 24(?) down against SDSU
Getting revenge on SHSU
Getting revenge on Weber... and then hearing Smith whine about it afterwards
Forcing 10 SFA turnovers
Anytime the Bobcats lose by 20-30+
Winning 2 championships (obviously)

Bison56
November 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Mine would be the first playoff game against GSU thread on AGS. It was epic xnodx

Engineer86
November 27th, 2014, 01:47 PM
The energy in that stadium that day was awesome! UMass was coming a big win over their hated rival UConn the week before. This was only 2 years removed from UMass's Final Four and UConn was a year a away from winning it. Those two were like cats and dogs at that time. Lehigh and UMass also had some history between each other including in the playoffs. The fact that Lehigh had beaten the Yankee Champ Richmond the week before only heightened the stakes.

What sucked was the winner of that game had a clear path to the title game. Both Lehigh and Umass was considerably better than the Northwestern State team that awaited in the semi's....

UConn won a championship?

dewey
November 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM
NDSU has had a lot of great playoff moments over the years but mine would be the following.

1. Travis Beck's interception versus Sam Houston State in the 211 National Championship game. NDSU lead the game 10-6 when Travis Beck stepped in front of a Brian Bell pass and returned the ball to the SHSU 1 yard line. Brock Jensen then dove in for the game clinching touchdown. We were in the end zone in line with the sideline that Beck ran down. I remember everyone around us going g crazy. Watching NDSU win that first FCS Championship was something I will never forget.

2. As others have mentioned the 4th down run by Brock Jensen against Georgia Southern in 2012 was legendary.

3. As mentioned by others the fake punt versus SHSU in 2011.

4. Colton Heagle blocking the Towson filed goal last year and then Kyle Emanuel returning it down the same sideline as Travis Beck did in 2011 and winning a third straight National Championship and a undefeated season.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Dewey

HailSzczur
November 27th, 2014, 04:20 PM
1. Matt Szczur's Fake Punt vs William & Mary ('09 Semis)
0:19 We don't win the game without that play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9IdbzSM5k#t=19

2. The entire UNH game ('09 Quaters)
Probably the most fun game I've ever been too. Nothing like beating the crap out of the team that ruined your perfect season. Gotta love the irony of being able to manhandle a team from New Hampshire in a blizzard. Oh yeah, and this lovely stat line

3. Montana- ('09 NC)....Only in 3rd because I wasn't actually there
This was by far my favorite play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3RPy1AMm0&list=UULbguJxJguBtOW2bY_-kuWw

Red & Black
November 27th, 2014, 05:17 PM
The 2004 SHSU game against EWU back before the red turf. That was a great game!

http://youtu.be/899IHaxoYbQ

Jody Sears prevent defense at its finest.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM
2001 beat down of Maine after beating Tony Romo and EIU.

2005 win at UNH and OT at Texas State.

2007- "the catch" against UNH.

2008- Maine coming out with the stupid sledgehammer before getting beat down.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Funniest thing about the Jensen run, GSU could have been caught with 12 men on the field before the 2nd timeout making it a much less dramatic situation.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Walkon79
November 27th, 2014, 07:13 PM
The 100 yard pic six against Rhode Island in 1984.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Mine would be the first playoff game against GSU thread on AGS. It was epic xnodx
Butt BAMA!

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

citdog
November 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Being the #1 seed in '92 and whipping NCA&T 50-0 in the second round and then getting defeated by the cheater who is currently the president of youngstown state university....

AshevilleApp2
November 28th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Lots to choose from, but Zambrano's catch around 7:20...you just couldn't script it any better than that.

Ouch!

AshevilleApp2
November 28th, 2014, 05:05 AM
The last couple minutes of either App State game

And Ouch!

Nickels
November 28th, 2014, 08:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdC9X0_NHnU

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
http://youtu.be/CzNZUEZpYhU

:D

Engineer86
November 28th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Being the #1 seed in '92 and whipping NCA&T 50-0 in the second round and then getting defeated by the cheater who is currently the president of youngstown state university....

I want to change my favorite playoff moment.xnodxxnodxxnodx

ngineer
November 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM
40-38. The safety. At 4:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpJwbMNiUY

That one, or the game ending field goal to beat Richmond in the 1999 playoffs at Richmond.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2014, 09:31 PM
That one, or the game ending field goal to beat Richmond in the 1999 playoffs at Richmond.

1998...1999 ended at the hands of the "great" Giovanni Carmazzi in the first round That Hofstra game had such a weird feel to it. Lehigh jumped out to an early lead then Hofstra methodically took the lead.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2014, 10:20 PM
NDSU has had a lot of great playoff moments over the years but mine would be the following.

1. Travis Beck's interception versus Sam Houston State in the 211 National Championship game. NDSU lead the game 10-6 when Travis Beck stepped in front of a Brian Bell pass and returned the ball to the SHSU 1 yard line. Brock Jensen then dove in for the game clinching touchdown. We were in the end zone in line with the sideline that Beck ran down. I remember everyone around us going g crazy. Watching NDSU win that first FCS Championship was something I will never forget.

2. As others have mentioned the 4th down run by Brock Jensen against Georgia Southern in 2012 was legendary.

3. As mentioned by others the fake punt versus SHSU in 2011.

4. Colton Heagle blocking the Towson filed goal last year and then Kyle Emanuel returning it down the same sideline as Travis Beck did in 2011 and winning a third straight National Championship and a undefeated season.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Dewey
They actually still have the 2011 game highlights on Youtube (pretty sure that's a no-no now since there's no other playoff game highlight reels up on NDSUAthletics' official channel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8OGfPGXVnY

No matter how many FCS championships the Bison may win I don't think there will ever be another one as special as that one.

Consequently, I miss the old highlight reels where they just had Scotty Miller's radio calls for audio instead of the random soundtracks they pump into them now without the radio calls. Can't beat the clinching call from this game: "A fairy tale finish to a magical season! The NDSU Bison are national champions! My oh my!"

veinup
November 30th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Storming the field in Missoula after the Griz beat App in a blizzard in the semis ... 2009? Jabrin Sambranos TD catch at the end .. our D holding them off in the red zone at the very end .. Chase Reynolds .. basically that whole game.

NY Crusader 2010
November 30th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Trading scores with top-seeded Villanova and tying the game at 14-14 in the first quarter of our 2009 first-round game.

And, well, that's all I have for you guys right now.

JayJ79
November 30th, 2014, 04:16 PM
while this moment wasn't all that big in the scheme of things, this is one of my faves just for entertainment value and oddity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGp3jdDvhAM

veinup
November 30th, 2014, 06:13 PM
while this moment wasn't all that big in the scheme of things, this is one of my faves just for entertainment value and oddity

that is incredible

stevdock
November 30th, 2014, 06:27 PM

Total mind games.

Especially considering I have not made it to Frisco yet this was an easy call as my favorite. But to be honest, this was by far the best game I've ever been to and the most memorable.

dewey
November 30th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Storming the field in Missoula after the Griz beat App in a blizzard in the semis ... 2009? Jabrin Sambranos TD catch at the end .. our D holding them off in the red zone at the very end .. Chase Reynolds .. basically that whole game.

It was 2009.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=293460149&version=mobile&src=desktop

I remember watching that game and we were cheering like crazy for the Montana defense to make the stop. That was a great game. The end of the Appalachian State dynasty.

Dewey

theasushow
November 30th, 2014, 08:40 PM
It was 2009.

I remember watching that game and we were cheering like crazy for the Montana defense to make the stop. That was a great game. The end of the Appalachian State dynasty.

Dewey

Actually it ended the year before when Richmond destroyed us at home in the 2nd round.

dewey
November 30th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Actually it ended the year before when Richmond destroyed us at home in the 2nd round.

Thanks. That is right ASU won the titles in 2005-2007 and then Richmond won it 2008 then ASU had another chance in 2009.

The #2 seeded ASU team loses at home in the second round...boy I hope that isn't how NDSU’S run ends.

Dewey

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2014, 10:15 PM
This.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point. NDSU's success since that playoff games wasn't because they lost, but because of the talent brought in by Bohl's staff and coaching; it would've happened regardless. NDSU's 33 game win streak didn't happen right after losing to EWU; the bison lost a couple times after that before the streak started.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 30th, 2014, 10:21 PM
If I had been able to make it to frisco to watch EWU's first NC, that would be #1, hands down. Can't beat that come-from-behind to win by 1 epicness.

The 2010 run in general though pretty much covers a lot of the best moments. Watched all (first) 8 wins on the red turf; 5 in the regular season, 3 in the playoffs. Most of them were crazy, back and forth battles won in the 4th quarter or OT. ESPN trucking in the lights, the bitter cold, the insane plays... hasn't been topped.... yet. Go Eags!

veinup
November 30th, 2014, 10:35 PM
It was 2009.

Dewey

highlights of said game:

(low quality and kind of long but i dont really get tired of it)

Anovafan
December 1st, 2014, 08:56 AM
#1-2009 NC 23-21 win over undefeated Montana, being in Chatty and meeting all of the Montana fans convinced they were going to win (nice as they were), holding that NC trophy after the win.
#2-2010 second round 42-24 win over App State at the storied Rock, getting an App State bus driver that took us the long way from the airport, having the power conveniently go out in the "only hotel that opposing teams stay" the night before the game so the team had cold showers, and then dominating App State on ESPN.
#3-2010 first round 54-24 win over SFA, they were so good I still don't know how Nova came back and won going away.
#4-2009 semifinal 14-13 win over W&M, freezing cold, it was a huge relief to finally get to the NC game after falling short in previous years.
#5-2002 first round 45-38 win over Furman, Villanova miraculously got a home bid against an amazing Furman team, Nova came back from a huge deficit to somehow win by a TD.

UIWWildthing
December 1st, 2014, 09:10 AM
Last year's semifinal between Towson and Eastern Washington. Back and forth the entire way until EWU took a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. The Tigers come back and earn their 1st trip to the finals with a TD with 17 seconds to go winning 35-31.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 09:12 AM
I have one favorite moment after last week

Texas
December 1st, 2014, 09:28 AM
Knocking off Montana St and EWU after bragging about playing in the cold weather the entire time.

dewey
December 1st, 2014, 09:40 AM
Knocking off Montana St and EWU after bragging about playing in the cold weather the entire time.

That is the year you guys were Southland and Big Sky champs, right:-)

Dewey

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM
On site in Statesboro, GA in 2004 watching RJ Harvey bust the 52 yard game winning run, outrunning all that Southern speed in the GaSoU defensive backfield. After dealing with all the woofing by their fans on AGS and in person the 36 hours leading up to kickoff as well as witnessing UNH's first I-AA/FCS playoff win, it was an outstanding experience celebrating on the field at Paulson.

A close second was being in Hammond, LA last year and watching the game winning drive then sharing in the excitement and achievement of making the semi-finals for the first time. The reality of going to the Fargo Dome was on hold until the next morning.

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2014, 09:11 PM
For me, it was the drive by Sean Goldrich last season to finally make the semifinals; what a drive.

Plenty of HORRIBLE endings for UNH, though:

2004 -- slaughtered by Montana in the second round
2005 -- 5 turnovers against UNI as the #1 seed, lost 24-21 at home when we drop a pitch that would've been a GW TD.
2006 -- Lose to UMass on final play of game after we try the same play that failed the previous game.
2007 -- "The Catch" by Montari Leonard.
2008 -- Lose to UNI again by 4 points.
2010 -- Get steamrolled by Villanova in a snowstorm after I drove 8 hours in said snowstorm to be there.
2012 -- Missed XP as time expires against Montana State.

Catsfan90
December 1st, 2014, 10:22 PM
For me, it was the drive by Sean Goldrich last season to finally make the semifinals; what a drive.

2005 -- 5 turnovers against UNI as the #1 seed, lost 24-21 at home when we drop a pitch that would've been a GW TD.
2006 -- Lose to UMass on final play of game after we try the same play that failed the previous game.
2010 -- Get steamrolled by Villanova in a snowstorm after I drove 8 hours in said snowstorm to be there.
I always wondered why I didn't trust this team until the click struck 0.... And you just reminded me of why. They could be up by 50, and I stay till the ending in case of something insane happening.

tomq04
December 1st, 2014, 11:38 PM
Dec 6, 2014 when VA sets the passing record* in a blowout of the Griz at the Inferno.

*all the passing records

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2014, 03:10 AM
Trading scores with top-seeded Villanova and tying the game at 14-14 in the first quarter of our 2009 first-round game.

And, well, that's all I have for you guys right now.

1987, when you didn't need a playoff to show you were the best.

MacThor
December 2nd, 2014, 05:16 AM
The #2 seeded ASU team loses at home in the second round...boy I hope that isn't how NDSU’S run ends.

To Richmond. :)

Parallels between 2008 and 2014:

The Spiders lost a heartbreaker at home in the last minute to the eventual CAA champion and #1 overall seed in the playoffs.
On the last Saturday of the season, UR traveled to Williamsburg and beat a quality Tribe squad in a "win and you're in" game.
UR is the 4th CAA team to get into the playoffs, after JMU, UNH and Villanova.
If UR advances to the quarterfinals, they must travel to the #2 seed, who are the 3-time defending national champions, and unbeatable at home in the playoffs.

Mattymc727
December 2nd, 2014, 06:47 AM

Thought the same thing in my post. 10 years of making the playoffs, ten years of broken hearts.....

veinup
December 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Dec 6, 2014 when VA sets the passing record* in a blowout of the Griz at the Inferno.

*all the passing records

xnottalkingx

that moment has not happened yet, sir!

xnottalkingxxnottalkingx

Fear the Bird
December 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM

Think you have your years mixed up? 2010 Delaware beat UNH in the quarters on a Friday night televised by ESPN2.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 11:13 AM
From this year....Liberty's 11 minute 4q drive to score and then put JMU away.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2014, 11:23 AM

Hey man there are a few on there that I would consider my favorite moments! The best may have been 2005 when we beat you guys there after hearing about how we were a Dome team, and couldn't win in the cold in the Playoffs.

We do feel your pain though. We have MANY MANY painful playoff moments. Of course when we go down in the playoffs it is usually a blaze of glory (or asswhoopin whatever is your preferred term).

I mean
2005 losing to App State on the scoop and score
2007 Joe Flacco domination in the Dome.
2008 Eric Ward and his last second drive.
2010 Loss to Lehigh in the worst game ever played in the UNI-Dome.
2011 Whooping in Montana.

I could go back further, but you guys probably get the point...

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2014, 11:56 AM
Hey man there are a few on there that I would consider my favorite moments! The best may have been 2005 when we beat you guys there after hearing about how we were a Dome team, and couldn't win in the cold in the Playoffs.

We do feel your pain though. We have MANY MANY painful playoff moments. Of course when we go down in the playoffs it is usually a blaze of glory (or asswhoopin whatever is your preferred term).

I mean

(insert year) whooping at Montana. xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 2nd, 2014, 12:20 PM
Think you have your years mixed up? 2010 Delaware beat UNH in the quarters on a Friday night televised by ESPN2.

You're correct.

2009 = Villanova
2010 = Delaware
2011 = Montana State
2012 = Wofford
2013 = North Dakota State

NDSUSR
December 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
When the MudDogs won the Bourbon Bowl.

CatsWinCatsWinCatsWin
December 2nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
VILLANOVA - UNH 2009 in the snow.

Sam_Kats
December 2nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
1. Watching Flanders go for 287 vs the Griz in 2011

2. Although not the wanted results, FRISCO!!

Samalum'10
December 3rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
Timothy Flanders 4th down conversion. At :55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUc6ndRV61Y

GetEmGriz
December 3rd, 2014, 04:48 PM
1. Watching Flanders go for 287 vs the Griz in 2011

2. Although not the wanted results, FRISCO!!

It seems like that's always our cryptonite... always ONE guy that does damage to the Griz.

Tawain Jones - EWU
That Szczur guy - villanova
Flanders - SHSU
Baumen (sp?) - Northern Arizona
Adams - EWU

84Griz
December 3rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
highlights of said game:

(low quality and kind of long but i dont really get tired of it)

Game I was at, was the U of M / ASU game. I looked up from our seats after the go ahead touchdown and could have sworn the whole east side stands were shaking. Kind of like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cmAVadiQ4

Best game I was not at was U of M vs. South Dakota State from that same year, what a comeback (down 48 to 21 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter). Was in a bar in Maui watching the game and the game started at either 8 or 9 am. over there and I was drunk the whole dang day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

2009 was a good year until the Chipper.

Mountaineer
December 3rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
2005 - Furman's Martin slipping on a patch of ice before hitting the end zone. xlolx
2005 - The scoop and score against UNI.
2006 - Taking out Montana State after Bobcat players ran their mouths all game.
2007 - Mickey "The Mouth" Matthews decided to run one more play before kicking the game winning FG to send App's 3-Peat chances to oblivion. Fumble. App recover. App win.
2007 - The Armanti Edwards Show as he runs all over Richmond.
2007 - Demolishing Flacco and Cuff in the championship.
2009 - Getting revenge against Richmond.
2010 - The snow bowl against Western Illinois.

JayJ79
December 3rd, 2014, 05:45 PM
(insert year) whooping at Montana. xlolx

GrizzlyRob82

dwtime
December 3rd, 2014, 05:51 PM

Yeah that was horrible too we started the wrong QB that night, might have made a difference might not have as you guys were damn good.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2014, 05:54 PM

I mean

If it makes you feel any better, the 2011 one technically didn't happen. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

GrizzlyRob82

He's talking about painful moments, not favorite ones...

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
GrizzlyRob82

Hey, I was in all UNI gear last time we played and will be this time as well. :D

I also cheer for UNH.

JayJ79
December 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Hey, I was in all UNI gear last time we played and will be this time as well. :D

I also cheer for UNH.
WildcatRob82

(I'm just givin ya grief. cheer for whoever you want)

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2014, 10:08 PM

Only because you know you won't have to buy any beers.;)

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Only because you know you won't have to buy any beers.;)

People bought me beers when we went to Griz games dressed in Griz gear. I think I'm just a lovable guy. ;)

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2014, 07:45 AM
The 2012 win against Georgia Southern. One of the all-time great games in Bison lore, IMO. NDSU has an all-time 3-0 record of the Eagles.