PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Morgan State at Richmond

Eight Legger
November 26th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Are there any Morgan State fans on this board? Make yourselves known and tell us about your team!

I feel confident Richmond will win this game, but if we turn the ball over more than once or twice, my confident level wanes a bit.

Villanova fans, what did you see from Morgan State earlier this year? Sounds like it was a good game for a half.

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Richmond will have to make mistakes to lose this game. MSU is a pesky, run-heavy offensive team that should score some points. I believe most of the Nova posters claimed that their game was not nearly as close as the score dictated. Having seen them play Holy Cross, I thought they were an average FCS team that would finish in the top 4 or so in the MEAC. They seemed to be able to move the ball at will against us in the second half and probably should've won the game. They also did play Eastern Michigan to within a field goal. I know EMU is a laughingstock but it's still an FBS game on the road.

Stonewall D
November 26th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Richmond will have to execute its passing attack, while pressing Morgan State's defense with the run. The Spiders will have to counter Morgan State's running attack and size on the offensive line, with speed and determined tackling. Morgan State's team O-line is huge, averaging about 350 (+/-) pounds per player. Morgan State's O-line is larger than UR's defensive front. Furthermore, Morgan State depends on a run game, so look for Richmond to test Morgan State's run game by loading the box and playing man to man coverage. UR will have to adjust its tendency for its corners to play off of WR's during the game at the line of scrimmage.

Big Dawg
November 26th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Morgan State's running back, Herb Walker, is a beast

I don't see MSU winning this game, but he is dangerous and could pose some problems for Richmond.

R.A.
November 26th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Is there a preview to this contest on sports network or somewhere like that?

JSUBison
November 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Is there a preview to this contest on sports network or somewhere like that?

Somewhere around the 2:45 mark is the MSU/Richmond preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQCVeFS48E&list=UUMSI2tWFO8HBAD5lA_hFv3g

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
MORGAN STATE is weighing in with a rating of 54.5

RICHMOND is weighing in with a rating of 62.2

According to the Born Power Index, RICHMOND is projected to be 7.7 points stronger than MORGAN STATE

ejjones
November 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Richmond will have to execute its passing attack, while pressing Morgan State's defense with the run. The Spiders will have to counter Morgan State's running attack and size on the offensive line, with speed and determined tackling. Morgan State's team O-line is huge, averaging about 350 (+/-) pounds per player. Morgan State's O-line is larger than UR's defensive front. Furthermore, Morgan State depends on a run game, so look for Richmond to test Morgan State's run game by loading the box and playing man to man coverage. UR will have to adjust its tendency for its corners to play off of WR's during the game at the line of scrimmage.

Morgan has a solid O line.

R.A.
November 26th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Somewhere around the 2:45 mark is the MSU/Richmond preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQCVeFS48E&list=UUMSI2tWFO8HBAD5lA_hFv3g

Thanks.

ncvote
November 27th, 2014, 12:17 AM

According to the Born Power Index, RICHMOND is projected to be 7.7 points stronger than MORGAN STATE

Why is vegas line showing 21 points?

jmufan999
November 28th, 2014, 03:24 PM

what on earth is the Born Power Index, and why is it... um... useless?

i'm not slamming you at all (unless this is Samuel Born or something), but Richmond is going to embarrass Morgan State. 21 points, minimum.

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Picks the winner about 80% of the time. Enjoy the game.

jmufan999
November 28th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Picks the winner about 80% of the time. Enjoy the game.

it's not the winner that confuses me, it's the fact that the game is predicted to be so close. but hey, maybe i'll be wrong and MSU will lose by only 7ish, in which case i'll eat crow.

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2014, 05:49 AM
See 1/2 time score......never know.

Morgan State vs #5 Villanova (Oct 25, 2014 at Villanova, Pa.)

Morgan State (4-4) vs. Villanova (7-1)
Date: Oct 25, 2014 Site: Villanova, Pa. Stadium: Villanova Stadium
Attendance: 7821

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Morgan State........ 7 14 0 7 - 28
Villanova........... 14 7 27 0 - 48

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Morgan is arguably the worst of the five MEAC teams tied for first place. Richmond 38 Morgan 17.

tmcnova
November 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM
it's not the winner that confuses me, it's the fact that the game is predicted to be so close. but hey, maybe i'll be wrong and MSU will lose by only 7ish, in which case i'll eat crow.

The stats probaly don't take into consideration how much better you are with Strauss. You will win by 15 or more. Once you get up big, do yourself a favor and visit the Morgan State side. They have one of the most entertaining fans I have ever seen. Hre roams the side of the stands with the teams and yells incessantly, changig his shirt five to six times a game. Legend in his own mind.

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2014, 11:28 AM
The stats probaly don't take into consideration how much better you are with Strauss. You will win by 15 or more. Once you get up big, do yourself a favor and visit the Morgan State side. They have one of the most entertaining fans I have ever seen. Hre roams the side of the stands with the teams and yells incessantly, changig his shirt five to six times a game. Legend in his own mind.

Love it. Sounds like a football, Mr. CIAA!

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wssu/basketball/mr-ciaa/html_72a3a408-a026-11e3-91fd-001a4bcf6878.html

GAD
November 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Spiders up 7-0

GAD
November 29th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Morgan throws an INT

GAD
November 29th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Another spiders TD 2pt convertion good 15-0

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Get the bears up outta here

eaglesdare
November 29th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Wish Morgan would stick with the run.

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Disgusting

Southern Bison
November 29th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Richmond's 2nd & 3rd string will get rare & valuable playoff reps after halftime.

eaglesdare
November 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Way to embarrass the conference. If they didn't want to play they should have said something! NCCU or A&T would have gladly stepped up.

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Way to embarrass the conference. If they didn't want to play they should have said something! NCCU or A&T would have gladly stepped up.

And lost...big.

No one in the MEAC was going to come close to Richmond...MEAC is just a horrible conference.

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Richmond would have crushed any team from the MEAC

clenz
November 29th, 2014, 12:51 PM
any non PFL team would have crushed any team from the MEAC
Fify

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 01:06 PM
don't look now........morgan has cut it to 22-10.....

R.A.
November 29th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Morgan's a decent team. They were competitive all season.

22-10 Richmond, 2nd Quarter

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Morgan forces a 3 and out...and UR with a 30 yard punt......morgan ball just inside midfield.

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM
this is getting interesting

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Spiders a methodical drive, scores a TD (pass to Diggs)< 29-10; 0:20 in the first half.

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 01:28 PM
interest gone again lol

R.A.
November 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM
interest gone again lol

Not for me... Morgan has shown that they can make adjustments.

Whole nother half to go!

WileECoyote06
November 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
The MEAC office totally failed on their tie-breaking procedures evaluation. Not saying our champion would have won, but Bethune, and A&T wouldn't have given up 22 points in the opening quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 01:35 PM
The MEAC office totally failed on their tie-breaking procedures evaluation. Not saying our champion would have won, but Bethune, and A&T wouldn't have given up 22 points in the opening quarter.

The MEAC administration has failed as a whole. The conference is stuck somewhere between D2 and FCS. When you'll go 16 years without a playoff win there's a fundamental problem that runs much deeper than tie-breakers....

centennial
November 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
The league should send the strongest team when there is a tie. A rider to Sagarin, Massey or GPI will insure that. MEAC completely failed to send its strongest team.

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 01:39 PM
The MEAC administration has failed as a whole. The conference is stuck somewhere between D2 and FCS. When you'll go 16 years without a playoff win there's a fundamental problem that runs much deeper than tie-breakers....

Hard to argue with this.....gotta invest in your champions

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 01:45 PM
The league should send the strongest team when there is a tie. A rider to Sagarin, Massey or GPI will insure that. MEAC completely failed to send its strongest team.

Agreed. Not fair for Richmond to get a 2nd half bye. :)

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Yeah...A&T had the strongest team...

While I hope MSU can mount a comeback, MSU was the weakest of the 5 MEAC Co-Champs

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Yeah...A&T had the strongest team...

While I hope MSU can mount a comeback, MSU was the weakest of the 5 MEAC Co-Champs

NC Central beat both SC State and NCA&T...and lost to freaking Towson.

The MEAC sucks, and there isn't much difference between any of their teams. They are simply cannon fodder for the rest of the leagues that play football.

Here's the funny part...perspective: a few years ago, Towson won a share of the CAA. They were probably the best team in the CAA, but were denied a playoff birth. Towson was a legitimate threat to win the FCS title that year, but never got to show it. Yet here we are and the MEAC fans are bummed because they think that their best team might not have given up 22 first quarter points to a fourth place CAA team. xlolx

R.A.
November 29th, 2014, 02:18 PM
36-17, 5:00 3rd Quarter... Morgan's not out of it yet.

AggieManiac704
November 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
The luck

- - - Updated - - -

The MEAC sucks, and there isn't much difference between any of their teams. They are simply cannon fodder for the rest of the leagues that play football.

Here's the funny part...perspective: a few years ago, Towson won a share of the CAA. They were probably the best team in the CAA, but were denied a playoff birth. Towson was a legitimate threat to win the FCS title that year, but never got to show it. Yet here we are and the MEAC fans are bummed because they think that their best team might not have given up 22 first quarter points to a fourth place CAA team. xlolx

lol

R.A.
November 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Too many mistakes by Morgan.

Also a slow start by Morgan. The Bears didn't looks ready to play until the end of the first quarter.

Morgan has just as much talent as Richmond, just the litte things that hold us back.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Strauss a TD pass to Ponder.......46-17.....8:29 to play.....

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Too many mistakes by Morgan.

Also a slow start by Morgan. The Bears didn't looks ready to play until the end of the first quarter.

Morgan has just as much talent as Richmond, just the litte things that hold us back.

xblahx You have to be kidding.

MSU is getting slaughtered 46-17 and you are on here talking about these two teams having equal talent. xlolx

What a ridiculous post. xnodx

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 02:56 PM
.....and the UR Football sked page already has the CCU game posted......will be fun down there.

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Fify

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haaaaaaaaaaaxthumbsupx

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Morgan a 71 yard TD drive......46-24......4:20 to play.

R.A.
November 29th, 2014, 03:24 PM
xblahx You have to be kidding.

MSU is getting slaughtered 46-17 and you are on here talking about these two teams having equal talent. xlolx

What a ridiculous post. xnodx

We saw things differently.

MacThor
November 29th, 2014, 04:53 PM

I sit on the visitors side...that guy was very entertaining.

The Morgan State fans were great - very gracious. And that was the best halftime show Robins Stadium has had.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Not trying to patronize Morgan State but they have nothing to be ashamed of. They played hard the whole way and put a bit of a scare into us in the 2nd quarter. Their band was great and their fans were gracious.

On to Coastal.

keg97
November 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I sit on the visitors side...that guy was very entertaining.

The Morgan State fans were great - very gracious. And that was the best halftime show Robins Stadium has had.

We were sitting right in the middle of that guy's territory. He embodied the term "fanatic" and truly believed he was influencing the game. We loved that he had t-shirts with an image of himself on it. I saw him wearing at least two versions of it.

Agreed on the MSU fans. I'm sure it was fun for them to make the playoffs and enjoyed their company. Onto CC....

Big Dawg
November 29th, 2014, 07:46 PM

A&T also lost by 1 point to Coastal Carolina...but you missed that

Also, A&T played without their starting QB against SCSU

Bisonator
November 29th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Congrats Spiders!

WileECoyote06
November 30th, 2014, 06:49 AM
A&T also lost by 1 point to Coastal Carolina...but you missed that

Also, A&T played without their starting QB against SCSU

A&T lost to Central because of their offensive coordinator. They were GASHING us with their run game and still ended up with 300+ yards on the ground. Why they chose to even throw the ball during the middle quarters is beyond me. Also, the Eagle-Aggie Classic rivalry games are serious. You can throw records out of the window.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2014, 10:13 AM
.....and the UR Football sked page already has the CCU game posted......will be fun down there.

until the game starts

URMite
November 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Could still be fun for most of our fans, who seem to have a 1pm Saturday kickoff and 10am Sunday tee time.

KPSUL
November 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Congratulations Richmond! The most impressive win since the US invasion of Grenada!

R.A.
November 30th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Congratulations Richmond! The most impressive win since the US invasion of Grenada!

Or the War of 1812 where the US got crushed by Britain...

MacThor
December 1st, 2014, 05:34 AM
We saw things differently.

You saw things a bit like Morgan State's DB #42, who was talking smack even after Richmond's offense had put up more points than his jersey number.

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2014, 07:17 AM
You saw things a bit like Morgan State's DB #42, who was talking smack even after Richmond's offense had put up more points than his jersey number.

xlolx

Yup. Small minded chumps with their imagined moral victories that impress no one but themselves.