PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Comes out on top for 6th Year Running!!

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2014, 07:49 AM
The AGS Poll correctly picked 12 of the 13 at large spots, missing only on Stephen F. Austin. In doing so it beat out both the Sports Network Poll & the GPI to retain its status as without a doubt the most accurate predictor of at-large teams in the FCS Playoffs.

Congratulations to all the voters that have continued to take the poll seriously and have outperformed half-paying attention media members & computers for the past 6 years.

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Nice work fellas. xbowx

ngineer
November 26th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Excellent!

dewey
November 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Congratulations to my fellow voters.

Dewey

veinup
November 26th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Impressive work, dudez. I wouldn't want to taint this wonderful thing by actually voting myself. xlolx

IBleedYellow
November 26th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Always worth the time. Glad in my second year I didn't mess up too bad! :D

GoAgs72
November 26th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Participating in the poll has really increased my knowledge of all the other FCS colleges and conferences even if my alma mater never makes it in the poll.

citdog
November 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Participating in the poll has really increased my knowledge of all the other FCS colleges and conferences even if my alma mater never makes it in the poll.

Cal Davis should be a bit better next year.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I enjoy participating in the poll and yes it does make you pay more attention to FCS as a whole and not just your schools conference.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
The voters are really sharp on this site. The work done on this every weekend by all you guys is a thing of beauty. Great job again this year.

I'm glad to see that again this year...the Selection Committee came so close to getting it right on the money! Good job by them as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Impressive work, dudez. I wouldn't want to taint this wonderful thing by actually voting myself. xlolx

There are enough voters that you can't shift it anyway but on top of that if you turned in something screwy we'd send an email and have an educational back & forth about it. It's like turning in a test and having a discussion about the answers. Either you change the teachers mind or they change yours.:D

Fordham
November 26th, 2014, 11:54 AM
glad I didn't screw things up!

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 11:54 AM
The AGS Poll correctly picked 12 of the 13 at large spots, missing only on Stephen F. Austin. In doing so it beat out both the Sports Network Poll & the GPI to retain its status as without a doubt the most accurate predictor of at-large teams in the FCS Playoffs.
Congratulations to all the voters that have continued to take the poll seriously and have outperformed half-paying attention media members & computers for the past 6 years.
The AGS has done well since it began (were you here then?) because it predicts how the committee members will choose, not who are the most deserving teams. Example... UNH as a top 4 seed. Live long and prosper!

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2014, 11:59 AM
The AGS has done well since it began (were you here then?) because it predicts how the committee members will choose, not who are the most deserving teams. Example... UNH as a top 4 seed. Live long and prosper!

I've been here since 2003. Some guy Ralph used to police things back then & I told him that copying the BCS with the GPI was a terrible idea & that humans could do it better. This is my favorite week every year as I see that yep, I was right & Ralph was wrong :)

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014......

TypicalTribe
November 26th, 2014, 12:07 PM
One thing I find strange about this thread, though, is that it's not the intent of the poll. What I mean by that is, as voters, we're not ranking teams by who we think should make the playoffs. If we had polled the voters and asked whether Idaho St, Youngstown St or SFA would get the final at-large spot, would the voters have picked Idaho St?

I proposed that next year the top 24 spots in the pre-selection show poll are to be taken exclusively by how the voter would rank their 24 team field. Just a thought.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I've been here since 2003. Some guy Ralph used to police things back then & I told him that copying the BCS with the GPI was a terrible idea & that humans could do it better. This is my favorite week every year as I see that yep, I was right & Ralph was wrong :)

The odd thing about his comment is that...well...wasn't the GPI specifically made to guide the Selection Committee? The AGS Poll does do a good job of predicting but that is not it's focus. I'm just always glad to see how good the Selection Committee does with the field.

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I think that person created the AGS poll and this website (not the GPI) so yeah, it is a great time for AGS.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:12 PM
One thing I find strange about this thread, though, is that it's not the intent of the poll. What I mean by that is, as voters, we're not ranking teams by who we think should make the playoffs. If we had polled the voters and asked whether Idaho St, Youngstown St or SFA would get the final at-large spot, would the voters have picked Idaho St?

I proposed that next year the top 24 spots in the pre-selection show poll are to be taken exclusively by how the voter would rank their 24 team field. Just a thought.

You nailed it. I was replying before yours came up but it is not the poll's focus.

TypicalTribe
November 26th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Who has the copyright on "most deserving"? The GPI? Good luck touting that one this year when it missed on three teams and would have included a 6-6 Southern Illinois and a 7-5 crumbling Youngstown team. "Most deserving", my foot.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I think that person created the AGS poll and this website (not the GPI) so yeah, it is a great time for AGS.

You see this is where you are just flat wrong. AGS as far as a place to hang was not built by you exclusively. It was built by many people, many great posters that you ran off because of how you did things. You were the guy that got to drive the car for a while but that is all it was and the real people that made this place are still making this place...and another great place as far as the ones you diverted when you crashed the car a few years back.

Stop trying to act like it's all about you. It is not.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:20 PM
BTW, the AGS Poll is as good now as it ever has been so I'm pretty sure a whole lot of people can do a good job driving that one around. Again, because that is about the payload, not the driver.

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 12:52 PM
You see this is where you are just flat wrong. AGS as far as a place to hang was not built by you exclusively. It was built by many people, many great posters that you ran off because of how you did things. You were the guy that got to drive the car for a while but that is all it was and the real people that made this place are still making this place...and another great place as far as the ones you diverted when you crashed the car a few years back.
Stop trying to act like it's all about you. It is not.Quit being a "dick" (your favorite word). Yes I registered AGS as a website. We had about 20 people who were here first. It was never "all about" me. STFU about things that don't fit your narrative. We set up the AGS Poll on my suggestions so show some respect and quit your lying. Everything has a beginning and we were here and you were not. About those "many great posters that you ran off", you have a different definition of posters between smackers and contributors. AGS has shrunken not only in substantive content but also respect in the greater official community. Congratulations.

I applaud the work of people who vote on the poll that we instituted and I hope it continues for a long time.

It would be well served if the admin would not continue to spread misinformation like "crashed the car".

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Who has the copyright on "most deserving"? The GPI? Good luck touting that one this year when it missed on three teams and would have included a 6-6 Southern Illinois and a 7-5 crumbling Youngstown team. "Most deserving", my foot.
Hey TT, most deserving is a GPI thing - mix of the best computers and official polls. Didn't miss on three either. five losses was the GPI limit this year per the NCAA - and the crumbling YSU was against all playoff teams and top seeds... what can the other teams say?

IBleedYellow
November 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Wallace. I'm not sure if you actually like FCS football, or for some reason your ego is attached to the FCS, but you rarely actually bring anything that is worth discussing anymore other than of reminding everyone who the **** you are. You just need to be happy that Ursus even lets you around these parts. I'd personally have banned your cancer a long time ago.

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM
It was never "all about" me.

This is even more ironic than when MPLSBison says his posts are only facts. You clearly don't run things anymore, yet anytime anything AGS gets praised, you come on here trying to brag about yourself and flaunt everything you claim to have done. You are the exact opposite of humble. It is always all about you.

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Wallace. I'm not sure if you actually like FCS football, or for some reason your ego is attached to the FCS, but you rarely actually bring anything that is worth discussing anymore other than of reminding everyone who the **** you are. You just need to be happy that Ursus even lets you around these parts. I'd personally have banned your cancer a long time ago.

I agree. I don't know if a lifetime membership was part of the deal, but it's time to separate. Personally I think AGS is just as good now as it's ever been.

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Well, you are new here so I'll cut you some slack. Your post is funny to question my attachment to the FCS (you say "FCS football"). If you want someone who will not respond to unwarranted attacks then I am not someone you will like. I was at the very first NDSU D-I game and I know how to show respect (read Kolpack's column about me on that day). It is not about me, it is about the misinformation spread by others trying to discredit the beginning of AGS. I don't care much but it is a little about the rewriting of history.

Bottom line and back to the topic.

thebootfitter
November 26th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I don't care much but it is a little about the rewriting of history.
History is always written by the victors. :p

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 01:25 PM
... ... like when I congratulated AGS many times? Gawd!

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2014, 01:32 PM
(read Kolpack's column about me on that day).

It is not about me

I think that person created the AGS poll and this website

It was never "all about" me.

Contradict yourself much.

There's so much "I" and "me" in your posts. That's what all these people are saying. Most of your posts have to reference your self or something of yours at some point. Deny it all you want, but everything about you screams narcissist.

Wallace
November 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM
...That's what all these people are saying...
look again and try to post on topic... AGS Poll on top

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Quit being a "dick" (your favorite word). Yes I registered AGS as a website. We had about 20 people who were here first. It was never "all about" me. STFU about things that don't fit your narrative. We set up the AGS Poll on my suggestions so show some respect and quit your lying. Everything has a beginning and we were here and you were not. About those "many great posters that you ran off", you have a different definition of posters between smackers and contributors. AGS has shrunken not only in substantive content but also respect in the greater official community. Congratulations.

I applaud the work of people who vote on the poll that we instituted and I hope it continues for a long time.

It would be well served if the admin would not continue to spread misinformation like "crashed the car".

We all watched you crash it. It was because you acted like a dick. Now stop telling people how much respect you deserve in spite of these facts.

AGS (the community) is every bit as prevalent and respected as it ever was prior to you hitting the tree. It ain't about you.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 02:03 PM
I agree. I don't know if a lifetime membership was part of the deal, but it's time to separate. Personally I think AGS is just as good now as it's ever been.

I just don't like silencing people when you can let them talk and everyone make their own minds up. That was the thing that he liked to do. I will absolutely not do what he did to a lot of us back to him.

I'm confident that if he and I verbally joust I ain't getting my ass kicked and shutting him up because it makes me feel better. You gotta admit it's fairly liberating knowing that he can't shut you up anymore. That alone is pretty fun for me. xlolx

Dane96
November 26th, 2014, 04:39 PM

Ralph, I think this same logic was used by the Dead when experimenting with L.S.D.

In short, WTF?!?!?

Dane96
November 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM

Stop trying to act like it's all about you. It is not.

Well said, Sir...well said. This is a community, not a dictatorship. Ralph, somewhere along the way you felt this board was your Fiefdom. Sadly, we lost some great people along the way however, I see some of them are coming back ever so slowly.

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Job well done guys!!!!!xthumbsupx

Dane96
November 26th, 2014, 04:46 PM
...so show some respect...

Respect begets respect. You sir, were a flat out jerk to many. Lord, if you only knew of all the back and forth e-mails, calls, PM's that were focused solely on how to deal with your extreme activities and your general "acting like a jack-wagon" persona.

You really just don't comprehend how many people you riled up for no-good reason at all. And talk about lies, jeesh...the flat-out lies about Albany and the NEC that you spewed could fill a chapter in an "epic".

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Quit being a "dick" (your favorite word). Yes I registered AGS as a website. We had about 20 people who were here first. It was never "all about" me. STFU about things that don't fit your narrative. We set up the AGS Poll on my suggestions so show some respect and quit your lying. Everything has a beginning and we were here and you were not. About those "many great posters that you ran off", you have a different definition of posters between smackers and contributors. AGS has shrunken not only in substantive content but also respect in the greater official community. Congratulations.

Respect is earned. Not given. After reading your most recent hyperbole its not hard to understand why its not coming your way. You haven't earned it and you certainly don't deserve it.

kalm
November 26th, 2014, 08:35 PM
1). So we're supposed to vote who we think the committee will pick?

2). Who is Ralph?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I think AGS is pretty awesome the way it is now.......lets keep it that way. :D

grizband
December 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
I was one of those posters who left. Heavy is the head who wearsthe crown, it had to be tough running a site like this. But to say people weren't run of is to ignore the volatile situation that erupted here

ISUMatt
December 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I ran the damn AGS poll and was bullied around by one of the Mods 22 or 33, whoever. My guide lines were to keep it realistic and not all homerism and we did a great job. This was always a great pool, until I left LOL

ISUMatt

RabidRabbit
December 9th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I ran the damn AGS poll and was bullied around by one of the Mods 22 or 33, whoever. My guide lines were to keep it realistic and not all homerism and we did a great job. This was always a great pool, until I left LOL

ISUMatt

And after the two owners shift, Mod22 & Mod33 aren't mods, and the former owner is just a poster. Hope to see more of the old posters back!

clenz
December 9th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Mod 33 was a **** face

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
December 9th, 2014, 09:42 PM
And after the two owners shift, Mod22 & Mod33 aren't mods, and the former owner is just a poster. Hope to see more of the old posters back!

The two or three guys moddding now are huge peepee's too though.xembarrassedx

At least you know exactly who they are and none of us really has to do anything anyway since the membership takes care of itself for the most part.

CID1990
December 10th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Well, you are new here so I'll cut you some slack. Your post is funny to question my attachment to the FCS (you say "FCS football"). If you want someone who will not respond to unwarranted attacks then I am not someone you will like. I was at the very first NDSU D-I game and I know how to show respect (read Kolpack's column about me on that day). It is not about me, it is about the misinformation spread by others trying to discredit the beginning of AGS. I don't care much but it is a little about the rewriting of history.

Bottom line and back to the topic.

Like the way you used to respond to people you didn't agree with? By logging out as Syntax Error, then logging in as a MOD and then banning people? That kind of response?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?55707-BREAKING-Video-Of-How-Exactly-A-AGS-Banning-Goes-Down&p=1288584#post1288584

Starting with post #12, I got an infraction from YOU, acting as a MOD, for saying things you didn't like. The irony was that we were actually talking about how you get banned on AGS, and voila!

I spent over a year away from AGS after that long line of bannings from you and your snarky comments in the MOD messages. So I'd say in the aggregate you were a douche, and bad for AGS. In fact you were the ONLY thing wrong with AGS.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I just don't like silencing people when you can let them talk and everyone make their own minds up. That was the thing that he liked to do. I will absolutely not do what he did to a lot of us back to him.

I'm confident that if he and I verbally joust I ain't getting my ass kicked and shutting him up because it makes me feel better. You gotta admit it's fairly liberating knowing that he can't shut you up anymore. That alone is pretty fun for me. xlolx

Yeah I have the warnings still on my user page, I wear them as a badge of honor. This place is 100% better than it was before.