PDA

View Full Version : Ranked BCC gets left out of playoffs, unranked SFA gets to dance

bluedog
November 25th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Note: Jackson State which got 23 votes last week, gets 5 while division leader SU gets none.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/tsn-div-1aa-poll.htm

danefan
November 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Poll is a joke.

taper
November 25th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Note: Jackson State which got 23 votes last week, gets 5 while division leader SU gets none.

I'd bet money that was supposed to be a 3rd place vote for Jacksonville St.

bluedog
November 25th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I'd bet money that was supposed to be a 3rd place vote for Jacksonville St.

These people have been doing this for decades. Stop making excuses for incompetence.

danefan
November 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
These people have been doing this for decades. Stop making excuses for incompetence.

Huh? What "people"?

You do realize the TSN poll means absolutely nothing when it comes to playoff selection right?

The entire premise of your thread is faulty. BCC did not have the resume for an at large. The MEAC is a terrible conference and should be limited to its AQ in most years.

bluedog
November 25th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Huh? What "people"?

You do realize the TSN poll means absolutely nothing when it comes to playoff selection right?

The entire premise of your thread is faulty. BCC did not have the resume for an at large. The MEAC is a terrible conference and should be limited to its AQ in most years.

Okay let let me make sure I have this correct, a national poll has nothing to do with playoff implications, but a troll on any given Saturday knows who should be in and who should be out?

so why even have polling Einstein?

veinup
November 25th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Huh? What "people"?

skadoosh

hebmskebm
November 25th, 2014, 11:26 PM
I think BCU would have been in if they looked sharp at the end of the season; they played a couple of really ugly Thurs. night games for a national audience on ESPNU.

If they didn't lose to a horrible Hampton team in their next to last game, they wouldn't be left home, not with a 10-2 record.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Okay let let me make sure I have this correct, a national poll has nothing to do with playoff implications, but a troll on any given Saturday knows who should be in and who should be out?

Where was your outrage last year when 25th ranked South Carolina St got in over 17th ranked Youngstown St and 16th ranked Montana St?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148311-SportsNetwork-Poll-end-of-reg-season

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2014, 11:32 PM

You do not know very much about what you are talking about here or who you are talking to on the matters it appears. Danefan is not and never has been any sort of troll. In fact I'd say his background makes him WAY more qualified to dispense opinion on this matter than nearly any voter in the TSN poll or most other polls for that matter.

The TSN poll may be a tool used by the committee but it certainly does not override their own internal poll and to suggest that a ranking in the tSN poll has anything more than a cursory impact on the committee is just an absolute joke.

Now, you can be a dick or you can have a discussion and learn some about the things you do not yet know about. First lesson, the TSN poll, and any other poll doesn't really have a lot to do with what the committtee does.

The MEAC is generally not a real strong league 3 or 4 teams deep and it's champ should get in but any below that are very debateable.

Those Jackson State points were very, very likely a vote for Jacksonville State that just got incorrectly chosen. It has happened to them a lot and the AGS Poll a lot. I caught one this last week in fact and we got it corrected. Those kinds of mistakes are common and you hope to catch them all but sometimes do not.

bluedog
November 25th, 2014, 11:53 PM
So says the trolling committee

bluedog
November 25th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Where was your outrage last year when 25th ranked South Carolina St got in over 17th ranked Youngstown St and 16th ranked Montana St?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148311-SportsNetwork-Poll-end-of-reg-season

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to check in with the trolling committee to get permission to post a thread base on facts.

citdog
November 25th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Bluedog if you feel that strongly about it you should vote in the AGS Poll next season .

chattanoogamocs
November 26th, 2014, 12:10 AM
So you come one here...post a comment to try and start a debate and then anyone who responds is a troll?

Oops...I responded.

(And before you accuse me of being a troll, when I picked my bracket and shared it on mocfans, I had BCC in and Indiana State out)

And a side note to Danefan...is the Sports Network poll really that bad? I know everyone on here loves to run down every poll except AGS, but I just went and looked at it and while there might be a team that could move up or down one spot or two, I don't see anything egregiously wrong with it. (I will admit, the coaches poll gets some wacky results, but part of that is because they have the smallest number of voters)

centennial
November 26th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Blue dog you really present no argument to why there should be an at large from MEAC. In fact your conference would barely warrant an at large in the D2 playoffs. I have no idea why you come here to personally attack anyone that disagrees with you. Give me one valid argument.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to check in with the trolling committee to get permission to post a thread base on facts.

What were those facts again? The trolling committee gives you permission to respond.

dgtw
November 26th, 2014, 04:08 AM
How do you get on the trolling committee? Sounds like a fun group.

citdog
November 26th, 2014, 04:16 AM

Post anything negative about le high

bison137
November 26th, 2014, 04:42 AM
The TSN poll is often a joke. Take a look at any of the legitimate computer ratings and you'll find BCC is not in the top 40 of FCS teams in any of them. They are 45th, for example, in Sagarin's rankings (48th if you include Ivy's). Massey has them 51st (54th with Ivy's). These rankings are only biased by how a team plays during the year. Based on their record - and that of their league members -I doubt that BCC got any real consideration for a spot in the playoffs.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2014&sub=11605

BTW, SFA is miles ahead of BCC in any computer ranking based on performance on the field. Look at the two links for example.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Eh I pushes for Bethune cookman over Indiana state in my bracket.

If it were a school like Lehigh he wouldn't care, but I'm sure because it's a HBCU the committee is racist

kalm
November 26th, 2014, 06:08 AM
The TSN poll is often a joke. Take a look at any of the legitimate computer ratings and you'll find BCC is not in the top 40 of FCS teams in any of them. They are 45th, for example, in Sagarin's rankings (48th if you include Ivy's). Massey has them 51st (54th with Ivy's). These rankings are only biased by how a team plays during the year. Based on their record - and that of their league members -I doubt that BCC got any real consideration for a spot in the playoffs.

BTW, SFA is miles ahead of BCC in any computer ranking based on performance on the field. Look at the two links for example.

What's scary is the committee chair mentioned BCC when asked about teams on the bubble.

Six of the teams BCC played were ranked above 300 in Massey. If you look at those ranked above 300 in Massey, they are mostly DII.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 06:47 AM

This. I said earlier in the season, I don't recall any 40+ team in Massey receiving an at-large bid.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2014, 07:02 AM

I think they meet Thursday nights in some bar in Missoula....at least they used too...they have to keep changing locations/times to keep a step ahead of the troll police

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Huh? What "people"?

This here 100%.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2014, 07:30 AM

I see, you must've just checked with the hypocrite committee then.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2014, 07:34 AM

......EAT MO' BRISKET.................xrolleyesx.....BRAWK!

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 07:35 AM

If it were a school like Lehigh he wouldn't care, but I'm sure because it's a HBCU the committee is racist

You're absolutely correct. That's why the topic is about SFA getting in.

Damn you're a genius, you should run for Congress.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Left a good job down in the city , working for the man every night and day.

but I never got one minute of sleep, worrying about the way things might have been.

Big wheels keep on turning, Proud Mary keep on burning.

And we're trolling, TROLLING YEAH, trolling on the river.

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 07:40 AM

When was the last time a MEAC team won a playoff game?

Until that changes they don't really deserve to have 2, 3, or 4 teams in.

When was the last time a HBCU won a playoff game?

It's not about race, it's about producing....they - the MEAC - doesn't produce.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 07:43 AM

It's obvious that the committee considers how teams play against other playoff level teams. Stephen F. Austin had a double digit win over SE Louisiana. BCU's win over Grambling may end up being that caliber of win; but unfortunately due to the SWAC's regular season ending after the playoffs begin, BCU didn't get to use their success to bolster their resume. In BCU's only other game against a playoff caliber team, SCSU, they lost. It wasn't a heavy penalty because it was on the road; but the loss to Hampton and their struggle with FAMU torpedoed their chances. It also didn't help that Jacksonville removed themselves from auto-bid consideration in the Pioneer League race. Had Jacksonville advanced, I'm willing to bet bitcoin that BCU would have been slotted against them.

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 07:45 AM
It's obvious that the committee considers how teams play against other playoff level teams. Stephen F. Austin had a double digit win over SE Louisiana. BCU's win over Grambling may end up being that caliber of win; but unfortunately due to the SWAC's regular season ending after the playoffs begin, BCU didn't get to use their success to bolster their resume. In BCU's only other game against a playoff caliber team, SCSU, they lost. It wasn't a heavy penalty because it was on the road; but the loss to Hampton and their struggle with FAMU torpedoed their chances. It also didn't help that Jacksonville removed themselves from auto-bid consideration in the Pioneer League race. Had Jacksonville advanced, I'm willing to bet bitcoin that BCU would have been slotted against them.
Wait...

Are you saying Grambling State = SELA?

Bison56
November 26th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Try some of this.

http://blogs.lexpress.fr/nouvelleformule/wp-content/blogs.dir/705/files/2010/09/258Troll_spray.jpg

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I dont have a problem with BCU missing, this years team had been living off the reputation of the last two years. Though if we have a season of two teams with real nice resumes I would hope that past history would not dictate at larges, should be about the here and now. Man I hope Morgan State stuns Richmond, pie in everyones face who hoped to get them in the first round cause it would be "easy".

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Wait...

Are you saying Grambling State = SELA?

No, not at all.

I'm saying that if the SWAC had a playoff berth, and Grambling won the SWAC, they'd be a playoff team. SFA defeated SELA who is the Southland Conference co-champion. If Grambling wins the SWAC, BCU would defeated a conference champion. This in no way implies that SELA and Grambling are equal.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I dont have a problem with BCU missing, this years team had been living off the reputation of the last two years. Though if we have a season of two teams with real nice resumes I would hope that past history would not dictate at larges, should be about the here and now. Man I hope Morgan State stuns Richmond, pie in everyones face who hoped to get them in the first round cause it would be "easy".

It's clear that two MEAC conference losses will not garner a team an at-large. In 2010, BCU and SCSU were both 7-1; in 2011 BCU at 6-2 and 8-3 was left out. In 2012 6-2 Howard was left out; in 2013 SCSU and BCU were both 7-1.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 08:04 AM

BCU 8-3 D1 record, Quality Wins FBS FIU, NCCU, loss to 3-9 Hampton
SFA 7-4 D1 record, Quality Wins SELU, McNeese
Indiana St 7-5 D1 record, Quality Wins UNI, Liberty, YSU, and FBS Ball St, lost by 2 to Illinois St.

Indiana St resume looks better than the other two, SFA win over SELU probably tipped the scale towards SFA, IMO.

R.A.
November 26th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Notice that a MEAC fan DID NOT start this thread.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Well since the SWAC keeps ostracizing themselves by not doing playoff football, I guess he had to find another way to troll

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Well since the SWAC keeps ostracizing themselves by not doing playoff football, I guess he had to find another way to troll
Need to find a way to play the race card as many different ways as possible...

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Notice that a MEAC fan DID NOT start this thread.

Nope. Although I don't agree with Morgan State being awarded the auto-bid, there wasn't much to support any of the other co-champions being granted an at-large.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 08:30 AM
So why did a last place Jackson State get 23 votes the previous week, 5 this week and division leader Southern get none?

Sorry but I think they're being racist.

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 08:45 AM
So why did a last place Jackson State get 23 votes the previous week, 5 this week and division leader Southern get none?

Sorry for but I think they're being racist.
It's been explained many times.

Jackson State and Jacksonville State are right next to each other alphabetically.

When the votes are submitted online there is likely a drop bar that is used.

People likely accidentally pick Jackson State instead of Jacksonville State.

How is it racist to vote for an HBCU?

Bison56
November 26th, 2014, 08:46 AM

http://bgeiger.net/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=255&g2_serialNumber=2

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 08:49 AM

Same reason North Dakota State lost votes on a bye week, when the University of North Dakota lost that week.

People don't pay attention to who they are voting for, or don't know which school is which.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 08:50 AM
It's been explained many times.

Jackson State and Jacksonville State are right next to each other alphabetically.

When the votes are submitted online there is likely a drop bar that is used.

People likely accidentally pick Jackson State instead of Jacksonville State.

How is it racist to vote for an HBCU?

Because they think they both look alike.

Bison56
November 26th, 2014, 08:53 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20629213.jpg

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 08:55 AM
http://bgeiger.net/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=255&g2_serialNumber=2

It's amazing isn't it? :D

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Holy ****.

You are one racist mother ****er.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Same reason North Dakota State lost votes on a bye week, when the University of North Dakota lost that week.

People don't pay attention to who they are voting for, or don't know which school is which.

So how did they get the others right?

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Holy ****.

You are one racist mother ****er.

Actually you're pretty dumb.

Actually reaaaally dumb

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 09:26 AM
So how did they get the others right?

They don't always get the others right either.

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2014, 09:27 AM
http://eric.metze.us/wp-content/uploads/fry-meme-trolling-or-stupid.jpg

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:27 AM
They don't always get the others right either.

23 votes for a last place team dude.

danefan
November 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Its not 23 votes. Its 23 points. Likely one mistake.

And exactly one of the reasons the TSN poll is such a mess. Unlike the AGS polls there is not oversight or review of submissions. AGS poll committee would have seen the error and questioned the vote.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 09:40 AM

1st place = 25 points
2nd place = 24 points
3rd place = 23 points
4th place = 22 points etc..............

clenz
November 26th, 2014, 09:44 AM
1st place = 25 points
2nd place = 24 points
3rd place = 23 points
4th place = 22 points etc..............
Where does Jacksonville State fall in most polls?

Shocking

Bisonator
November 26th, 2014, 09:52 AM

Shocking

Racist! :D

bison137
November 26th, 2014, 09:55 AM

Shocking

yes, it was obviously a mistake.

bison137
November 26th, 2014, 10:02 AM

This goes beyond basic irrationality. You clearly know nothing about FCS football.

dewey
November 26th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Shocking

Clenz are you trying to use something called logic in this thread.....BLASPHEMY!

Dewey

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Lol.... you guys are hilarious.

It's really scary for entire group of people to be this dumb.

Lol....

IBleedYellow
November 26th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Is your name Jay Walker, since you seem to be just as knowledgeable as he is.

kalm
November 26th, 2014, 10:46 AM
BCC's only win against a ranked opponent: 7-5 Morgan State. BCC's next best win: 1-11 Elon.

citdog
November 26th, 2014, 10:49 AM

Lol....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13OoNe51Vx8

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Lol....

Looks like the only "dumb" one is you.....xnodx

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Lol....gawd and the hits keep on coming.

What a bunch of airheads.

ROTFLMAO! !!!!

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Need to find a way to play the race card as many different ways as possible...

When did he mention race? Maybe I missed it.

EDIT: Damn it, the next post.

Where's TampaJag when you need him. He is a much more knowledgable SU fan.

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Why do you guys keep doing this?

http://www.behindtheblueline.ca/blog/blueline/wp-content/uploads/troll.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 11:32 AM

They do both look alike. The only difference is "ville" so you know...look alike.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 11:34 AM
As a matter of fact I think this guy is racist.

Why didn't he have a black face?

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 11:46 AM
JBBluedog xlolx

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:03 PM
JBBluedog xlolx

Man some of these guys are so mentally challenge it's unreal.

:D

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Man some of these guys are so mentally challenge it's unreal.

Just hope TJ isn't too embarrassed by his fellow SU alum.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Just hope TJ isn't too embarrassed by his fellow SU alum.

Well if he or she is embarrassed by me mocking a few morons that can't wait to scream reverse racism, ( whatever the puck that is) as soon as a topic is posted that has anything to do with an hbcu...... tough isht.

What is or better yet who the hell is there worth to be embarrassed for?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I think you need to install a spell check. There are some terribly misspelled words in that last one.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Well if he or she is embarrassed by me mocking a few morons that can't wait to scream reverse racism ( whatever the puck that is) as soon as a topic is posted that has anything to do with an hbcu tough isht.

What is or better yet who the hell is there worth to be embarrassed about?

My discussion have been about why Daytona's own BCU, did not make the playoffs. if you play a soft schedule, win you damn games.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM

And exactly one of the reasons the TSN poll is such a mess. Unlike the AGS polls there is not oversight or review of submissions. AGS poll committee would have seen the error and questioned the vote.

Votes, points.....whatever.....you get the point.

Bisonator
November 26th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Votes, points.....whatever.....you get the point.

I don't think you do. xlolx

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think you need to install a spell check. There are some terribly misspelled words in that last one.

You do realize that spellcheck not only misspell words but replace too?

Or maybe you need to install spellcheck.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2014, 12:37 PM
You do realize that spellcheck not only misspell words but replace too?

No I don't know how that works.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I don't think you do. xlolx

Hey whatever gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, so that you can rest good
at night.

Panther-State
November 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM
JBBluedog Man some of these guys are so mentally challenge it's unreal.

Whoosh! xlolx

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Whoosh! xlolx

Thanks Lakes

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
No I don't know how that works.

Clearly

Panther-State
November 26th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks Lakes

woah now...thems fightin' words Gil

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2014, 01:10 PM
woah now...thems fightin' words Gil

xslapfightx

xlolx

thebootfitter
November 26th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Can someone just ban this waste of bandwidth? It's obvious that s/he is either a complete moran or a complete troll. Not sure what the qualifications are for banning here, but it seems justified to me.

Edited to add: Hmm... just checked a handful of bluedog's historical posts, and not everything points to moron or troll. Maybe I was a bit quick to jump to a conclusion based on this thread alone. Still may be justified, though. :-P

R.A.
November 26th, 2014, 01:49 PM
BCC's only win against a ranked opponent: 7-5 Morgan State. BCC's next best win: 1-11 Elon.

I'm pretty sure that B-CU Bethune Cookman University didn't play Elon this season, like 100% sure...
You wouldn't be confusing African-American schools, would you? We don't all look the same, lol...

B-CU was the first team out. If they beat another FCS opponent, they more than likely would have been the last team in.

Out of conference The Wildcats beat FBS Florida International, DII Florida Tech, lost to FBS Central Florida, and beat potential FCS SWAC Champion Grambling.

I would love to see all MEAC schools get rid of DII games on their schedules. The chair of the selection committee pointed to B-CU's schedule strength as a factor for keeping them out of the playoffs.

Our MEAC is perceived to be a weak FCS conference.
The solution is to play competitve out of conference FCS games, and with those contests. We keep playing DIIs for the money or preparation, but it hurts us in the long run.

We know it hurts us, we keep doing it, so I'm not crying race as a factor for keeping B-CU out of the playoffs.

Indiana State plays in a more competitive conference, a conference that wins out of conference FCS games, a conference that wins national titles... it could have gone either way, but the Sycamores haven't been to the playoffs since 1984...give 'em a taste of the big show.

If the MEAC's house was correct and clean, then I'd be like bluedog... but we know we're fighting an uphill battle and continue to stand in our own way with DII games, so I don't feel bad for us.

Get rid of the DIIs, get more MVC, OVC, Big Sky, Patriot, NEC, SoCon, Big South, and CAA opponents on MEAC schedules... AND WIN THOSE GAMES! Then lets talk about the MEAC getting more playoff bids. Win a playoff game, then lets talk
about two or threee MEAC teams making the playoffs.

I don't think most the FCS is head and shoulders better than the MEAC. Just this season, my mediocre Howard Bison traveled to mediocre C. Conn., and won 29-25.

I think part of the way to get better is by playing more ooc fcs squads. Money matters, recruiting matters, but COMPETITION matters also. It's difficult being a top team if we keep playing a bunch of mediocre squads.

The argument is that DII games bring in big money for us. I say we should invest into our conference games. That way our MEAC games will start bringing in more profit.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that B-CU Bethune Cookman University didn't play Elon this season, like 100% sure...

They didn't play Morgan either. He's referring to NC A&T.

AggieManiac704
November 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I don't know why some of the people from our 2 HBCU conferences get upset when people say we don't deserve an at-large spot......bruh...we don't. We are cannon fodder once we try to step it up. It shows up in almost every sport. And as much as I'm supporting my fellow HBCU Morgan St in the playoffs......I know the MEAC Playoff drought is very likely going to continue. Having 11 teams is really a detriment at times playing an 8 game schedule. Until we start winning these OOC games against above .500 competition. Don't ask why we're left out. The proof is in the m-effin PUDDING B!

Last MEAC win: 1999
Last HBCU win 2013

Still waiting for the SWAC to cut the crap & join the party. Playing a full round robin schedule & still having a championship game.....pointless.....well..unless you're talking $...then i guess.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I

Still waiting for the SWAC to cut the crap & join the party. Playing a full round robin schedule & still having a championship game.....pointless.....well..unless you're talking $...then i guess.

Why aren't you waiting for the Ivy league?

Oh that's right, that wouldn't help you look like you're not racist.

BTW, We don't need the playoffs.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Can someone just ban this waste of bandwidth? It's obvious that s/he is either a complete moran or a complete troll. Not sure what the qualifications are for banning here, but it seems justified to me.

Edited to add: Hmm... just checked a handful of bluedog's historical posts, and not everything points to moron or troll. Maybe I was a bit quick to jump to a conclusion based on this thread alone. Still may be justified, though. :-P

I've seen him do this in a string or two in the past. And, all you guys are falling for it and are doing exactly what he wants with your posts. As long as you keeping answering him, the longer he will keep it going.

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2014, 06:30 PM

Dude, many have expressed desires to have the Ivy League participate in the FCS playoffs. Why are you trolling so hard? If you feel it's an issue Bethune or A&T was left out, just say that in a direct and concise manner. But then again, why even engage with with those that ate trolls in your opinion and throw insults at men & women that appear to be respectable citizens that follow and enjoy FCS football?

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen him do this in a string or two in the past. And, all you guys are falling for it and are doing exactly what he wants with your posts. As long as you keeping answering him, the longer he will keep it going.

This person is doing it over on MFZ.com too.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Dude, many have expressed desires to have the Ivy League participatein the FCS playoffs. Why are you trolling so hard? If you feel it's an issue Bethune or A&T was left out, just say that in a direct and concise manner. But then again, why even engage with with those that ate trolls in your opinion and throw insults at men & women that appear to be respectable citizens that follow and enjoy FCS football?

- - - Updated - - -

This person is doing it over on MFZ.com too.

Are you half of a fool or a whole fool?

If they were respectable they wouldn't jump like cockroaches to food every time a thread concerning an hbcu is open that doesn't fit their narrative and start ranting like a bunch of idiots about "YOU THINK IS RACISM"

Then after you mock these fools, they're still to stupid to realize you're laughing at their stupidity.

If you have a problem with my response no one beg you to read it.

What makes you believe they have the right to attack a thread out of sheer stupidity and I should just sit back like some spineless coward and not reply in some form, if I chose to do so?

Engineer86
November 26th, 2014, 06:53 PM
You wouldn't be confusing African-American schools, would you? We don't all look the same, lol...

B-CU was the first team out. If they beat another FCS opponent, they more than likely would have been the last team in.

Out of conference The Wildcats beat FBS Florida International, DII Florida Tech, lost to FBS Central Florida, and beat potential FCS SWAC Champion Grambling.

I would love to see all MEAC schools get rid of DII games on their schedules. The chair of the selection committee pointed to B-CU's schedule strength as a factor for keeping them out of the playoffs.

The solution is to play competitve out of conference FCS games, and with those contests. We keep playing DIIs for the money or preparation, but it hurts us in the long run.

We know it hurts us, we keep doing it, so I'm not crying race as a factor for keeping B-CU out of the playoffs.

Indiana State plays in a more competitive conference, a conference that wins out of conference FCS games, a conference that wins national titles... it could have gone either way, but the Sycamores haven't been to the playoffs since 1984...give 'em a taste of the big show.

If the MEAC's house was correct and clean, then I'd be like bluedog... but we know we're fighting an uphill battle and continue to stand in our own way with DII games, so I don't feel bad for us.

Get rid of the DIIs, get more MVC, OVC, Big Sky, Patriot, NEC, SoCon, Big South, and CAA opponents on MEAC schedules... AND WIN THOSE GAMES! Then lets talk about the MEAC getting more playoff bids. Win a playoff game, then lets talk

I don't think most the FCS is head and shoulders better than the MEAC. Just this season, my mediocre Howard Bison traveled to mediocre C. Conn., and won 29-25.

I think part of the way to get better is by playing more ooc fcs squads. Money matters, recruiting matters, but COMPETITION matters also. It's difficult being a top team if we keep playing a bunch of mediocre squads.

The argument is that DII games bring in big money for us. I say we should invest into our conference games. That way our MEAC games will start bringing in more profit.

i dont know know much about Florida Tech, but a 1 point win over a D-II team can't be a help and then Two league losses in a weak conference is likely a sure out

danefan
November 26th, 2014, 06:59 PM

Good post

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2014, 07:42 PM

20175.......WHAA...START....DUH THREAD.........xconfusedxxconfusedx........BRAWK!

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 07:45 PM
So bluedog, why do you think Bethune Cookmak deserved a playoff spot? Just based off ranking?

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 07:48 PM

Looks like votes to me

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 07:52 PM
So bluedog, why do you think Bethune Cookmak deserved a playoff spot? Just based off ranking?

I don't recall giving an opinion one way or the other, you guys simply assumed my position.

We all know what assuming does, and some of you do it so well.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 07:59 PM
20175.......WHAA...START....DUH THREAD.........xconfusedxxconfusedx........BRAWK!

Lasted I checked it is a public forum about FCS sports.

Rational minds would have just stay on topic, but I guess that is expecting too much from this bunch.

kalm
November 26th, 2014, 08:02 PM
They didn't play Morgan either. He's referring to NC A&T.

Ooops….xnodxxlolx

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I don't recall giving an opinion one way or the other, you guys simply assumed my position.

We all know what assuming does, and some of you do it so well.

Great so since this thread was nothing but trolling I'll just take it down. I figured since you started it you'd have an opinion. Also given that people gave you explanation about the incorrect jackson state vote and you basically insulted them.

So my bad for assuming you felt one way or another.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Great so since this thread was nothing but trolling I'll just take it down. I figured since you started it you'd have an opinion. Also given that people gave you explanation about the incorrect jackson state vote and you basically insulted them.

So my bad for assuming you felt one way or another.

I really don't give a rats azz what you do with it. Whatever gets you off.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I really don't give a rats azz what you do with it. Whatever gets you off.

Actually my wife gets me off and does a damn fine job of doing it

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Actually my wife gets me off and does a damn fine job of doing it

My condolences to her

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:36 PM
My condolences to her

No need to be jealous bro. It's unbecoming of you

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:37 PM
No need to be jealous bro. It's unbecoming of you

More proof there's a special kinda stupid going in in here.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:39 PM
More proof there's a special kinda stupid going in in here.

You're the one leading that trend my friend.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
You're the one leading that trend my friend.

Rightttt....... because I'm jealous that you're boning your wife.

Righttttt.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Rightttt....... because I'm jealous that you're boning your wife.

Righttttt.

Actually I was going more for your not understanding how the points works for voting in the polls and insulting people, but given your special kind of stupid you wouldn't catch on to it

Have a happy and safe thanksgiving

danefan
November 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Looks like votes to me

Points....points.

Read the column headers. Do you think there are thousands of voters voting for the top teams? TSN is something like 20 guys voting.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Actually I was going more for your not understanding how the points works for voting in the polls and insulting people, but given your special kind of stupid you wouldn't catch on to it

Have a happy and safe thanksgiving

Right..... that makes all the sense in the world, telling me about boning your wife to explain the point system

Yep a real special kind of stupid

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Right..... that makes all the sense in the world, telling me about boning your wife to explain the point system

Yep a real special kind of stupid

Not quite. You apparently were interested in what gets me off. I merely obliged your interest.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Points....points.

Read the column headers. Do you think there are thousands of voters voting for the top teams? TSN is something like 20 guys voting.

It's okay. He's just trying to troll. I should take the advice I'm about to give you: just stop feeding him

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Not quite. You apparently were interested in what gets me off. I merely obliged your interest.

Right.....

centennial
November 26th, 2014, 10:07 PM
I think you are trying to malign meac/swac posters by being intentionally dense.

bluedog
November 26th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I think you are trying to malign meac/swac posters by being intentionally dense.

Well that will keep me up all night concern.

number1
November 27th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I don't know why some of the people from our 2 HBCU conferences get upset when people say we don't deserve an at-large spot......bruh...we don't. We are cannon fodder once we try to step it up. It shows up in almost every sport. And as much as I'm supporting my fellow HBCU Morgan St in the playoffs......I know the MEAC Playoff drought is very likely going to continue. Having 11 teams is really a detriment at times playing an 8 game schedule. Until we start winning these OOC games against above .500 competition. Don't ask why we're left out. The proof is in the m-effin PUDDING B!

Last MEAC win: 1999
Last HBCU win 2013

Well you will be waiting for a long time until the conference feels the playoffs would be beneficial to our teams. I have always wondered why you folks always jump on the SWAC for choosing to not participate in the playoffs, but never jump on the Ivy League? Traveling to North Dakota in December as opposed to playing in front of a national audience in the domed Reliant Stadium in Houston just isn't what we want right now as a conference.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 27th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Ahh blewdogs I'm giving up trying to make you a better man. You are what you are. Hope it doesn't get tougher trolling around these parts cuz I'd sure like to see you have your way with that. If it get's to be tough sledding let me know cuz I would really like to help you out if I can. xlolx

dgtw
November 27th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Well you will be waiting for a long time until the conference feels the playoffs would be beneficial to our teams. I have always wondered why you folks always jump on the SWAC for choosing to not participate in the playoffs, but never jump on the Ivy League? Traveling to North Dakota in December as opposed to playing in front of a national audience in the domed Reliant Stadium in Houston just isn't what we want right now as a conference.

Yes, the Ivy playoff boycott is never mentioned on here.

Engineer86
November 27th, 2014, 08:32 AM

Someone should start a thread on that issue. xbangx

FormerPokeCenter
November 27th, 2014, 08:55 AM
How about we encourage the Ivies and the SWAC play a post-season, non-playoff, series? ;)

We could call it the Elite & HBCU National Championship!

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2014, 09:09 AM

We harped on the Ivies all year. xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2014, 11:42 AM

number1
November 28th, 2014, 12:17 PM
We harped on the Ivies all year. xrolleyesx

I'm not a regular on here, I peek in from time to time. lol

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM

WAIT, They aren't in the playoffs?

Panther-State
November 28th, 2014, 06:01 PM
WAIT, They aren't in the playoffs?

Well now I feel silly for screaming about Harvard deserving the #1 seed. Have you seen that SOS?! xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm not a regular on here, I peek in from time to time. lol

Then why harp on how we "always jump on the SWAC for choosing to not participate in the playoffs, but never jump on the Ivy League?"?

So I maintain my xrolleyesx

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Is FCS anything like 1AA?

number1
November 28th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Then why harp on how we "always jump on the SWAC for choosing to not participate in the playoffs, but never jump on the Ivy League?"?

So I maintain my xrolleyesx

Because it seems like everytime I come on here and see anything about a SWAC school I always see the same garbage thrown at the teams about the playoffs and stuff.

grizband
November 29th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Holy hell, I missed this message board!

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Because it seems like everytime I come on here and see anything about a SWAC school I always see the same garbage thrown at the teams about the playoffs and stuff.

Do you read a lot of Ivy League conversations?

Catsfan90
November 29th, 2014, 12:21 AM
No its actually division ll

bluedog
November 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM

And they've been doing it for decades.

You would think how smart that some of them are so delusional in beliving they are, they would have figure it out by now.

citdog
November 29th, 2014, 01:30 AM

You would think how smart that some of them are so delusional in beliving they are, they would have figure it out by now.

Translation please

Panther-State
November 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Good god man, in English!

GoAgs72
November 29th, 2014, 05:40 PM

About 95% of Americans couldn't answer this question.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:24 PM

you're kidding, right..........