PDA

View Full Version : Match-Up you want to see this playoffs

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Anyone thirsty for a certain match-up this playoffs? Doesnt have to be your team, could just be an X's and O's standpoint.

Fordham
November 25th, 2014, 10:29 AM
for obvious reasons, Fordham and anyone from the NDSU side of the bracket.

that said, JMU-Nova from the early rounds along with Chatty and anyone, just to see how good they are v. the smack that has been spewed.

Later rounds they're honestly all interesting to me. I'll watch every minute

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Montana vs Illinois State

Daytripper
November 25th, 2014, 10:32 AM
One more SHSU v. NDSU. Just cuz.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 10:34 AM
In this order:

Montana State @ NDSU
Jacksonville State @ NDSU

National Championship vs. EWU.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2014, 10:35 AM
NDSU vs EWU. I'd like to see a EWU offense with all it's weapons against NDSU's defense. However, NDSU missing their Swiss army knife linebacker Travis Beck would hurt them in a matchup like this but it would still be a great battle while those two units are on the field together.

Here's a fun fact for this potential matchup, NDSU gave up as many passing TDs (7) in their 12 game regular season as Vernon Adams threw in one game against Washington.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2014, 10:37 AM

EWU first. Three losses in a row to them is three too many. xmadx

bluehenbillk
November 25th, 2014, 10:38 AM
SHSU vs Villanova: Keeler vs Talley one last time!

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM
There are so many matchups for UNI that I do yet don't want to see.

Like UNI @ ISUr would be awesome since it means we beat SFA, but I really don't want to play them again at their place.
UNI @ either EWU or Montana. Would be wonderful for either of these, however, I think we don't matchup well against EWU and playing at WaGriz is our Kryptonite.

My all time favorite matchup would be UNI vs NDSU in Frisco, but I really don't think we can make it that far so...

stevdock
November 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Can we find a way to line up Indy St vs. Chattanooga, SDSU vs. Chattanooga, UNI vs. Chattanooga, Ill. St vs. Chattanooga and then NDSU vs. Chattanooga. And when the valley goes 5-0 against Chattanooga, can a certain poster then admit the MVFC might be a little tougher than what he thought?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 10:45 AM
NDSU vs EWU. I'd like to see a EWU offense with all it's weapons against NDSU's defense. However, NDSU missing their Swiss army knife linebacker Travis Beck would hurt them in a matchup like this but it would still be a great battle while those two units are on the field together.

Here's a fun fact for this potential matchup, NDSU gave up as many passing TDs (7) in their 12 game regular season as Vernon Adams threw in one game against Washington.

In DeLuca we trust.

dewey
November 25th, 2014, 10:46 AM
NDSU games.
I would really like to see Montana State come to Fargo for a good whooping.
New Hampshire or EWU in the title game.

Other games.
I would like to see Northern Iowa vs Eastern Washington
Northern Iowa vs Illinois State in a rematch.

Dewey

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Can we find a way to line up Indy St vs. Chattanooga, SDSU vs. Chattanooga, UNI vs. Chattanooga, Ill. St vs. Chattanooga and then NDSU vs. Chattanooga. And when the valley goes 5-0 against Chattanooga, can a certain poster then admit the MVFC might be a little tougher than what he thought?

Id Rather see a rematch of ISUb and any of the following: UNI, ISUr, SDSU NDSU

mostly because of the implications of it

veinup
November 25th, 2014, 10:49 AM

yes.

also, EWU/NDSU.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2014, 10:52 AM
In DeLuca we trust.
I think DeLuca is going to be a fantastic linebacker for NDSU but inserting him in the middle and moving Littlejohn outside doesn't give NDSU the same versatility in the pass defense that they had with Beck on the outside and Littlejohn in the middle.

That said DeLuca has 2 INTs in the only 2 games he saw significant time in so perhaps he's better in pass coverage than I give him credit for.

kalm
November 25th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Fordham Rams vs. EKU Colonels.

Eight Legger
November 25th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Richmond at NDSU. My brother-in-law went to NDSU, and if he buys the plane tickets, maybe I could see it in person. I harbor few illusions that we would win the game, but who knows.

chattownmocs
November 25th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Its gonna be UNI @ Chattanooga and Jacksonville state @ NDSU

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Its gonna be UNI @ Chattanooga and Jacksonville state @ NDSU

I didnt get the sheet with a consolation bracket.:D

Anovafan
November 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
UNH vs Nova

:D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I think DeLuca is going to be a fantastic linebacker for NDSU but inserting him in the middle and moving Littlejohn outside doesn't give NDSU the same versatility in the pass defense that they had with Beck on the outside and Littlejohn in the middle.

That said DeLuca has 2 INTs in the only 2 games he saw significant time in so perhaps he's better in pass coverage than I give him credit for.

I would have said that if you hadn't. Dude is 6-3. That is a lot of length in the middle.

FordhamFan
November 25th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I'd love to see my Rams play EWU just because I love points.

Other games...ISUr-NDSU title game would be epic even if the MVFC love-fest would have me sick. NDSU and Nova would be fun too...I probably hold Nova on a much higher level than I should but I feel like that would be an awesome game. Chatty-ISUb would be fun because I would love to see a middle of the pack MVFC team knock off Chatty. That would be fun to be around on AGS.

UNH Fanboi
November 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
UNH vs. UNI in the semis. I think we match-up better with EWU (which would also be a fun match-up), but I really want revenge against UNI.

I think UNI or ISUr vs. EWU would also be fun given all the smack that's been exchanged between the MVFC and EWU.

chattownmocs
November 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
The same people who picked chattanooga to go 5-7 or 6-6 or talked about chattanooga missing the playoffs are now drooling over this potential chattanooga-ISU matchup. Its gonna happen. Chattanooga will dismantle them. Chattanooga is better than indiana state, Across the board.

kdinva
November 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
CCU vs UTC

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2014, 11:55 AM
The same people who picked chattanooga to go 5-7 or 6-6 or talked about chattanooga missing the playoffs are now drooling over this potential chattanooga-ISU matchup. Its gonna happen. Chattanooga will dismantle them. Chattanooga is better than indiana state, Across the board.

Ill wait to see who wins Saturday. No final score would surprise me

IBleedYellow
November 25th, 2014, 11:57 AM
NDSU vs Anyone in Frisco. Don't care whom. Just want to be in Frisco for a 4th year with the chance to win it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 12:04 PM
NDSU vs Anyone in Frisco. Don't care whom. Just want to be in Frisco for a 4th year with the chance to win it.

This.

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 12:53 PM
SDSU vs anybody in the Championship....the other games along the way will be nice too.

deez_na
November 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Agree

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 12:56 PM
SDSU vs anybody in the Championship....the other games along the way will be nice too.

You just better hope that "Bye" breaks it's winless streak against the Bison this weekend.

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
You just better hope that "Bye" breaks it's winless streak against the Bison this weekend.

All too aware of where we are in the bracket. It does say "want to see in the playoffs" as the thread subject. If I were the Bison I would hope for MSU. Don't think that will happen, so I guess it'll be the same old dancing partners.

Bison56
November 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I didnt get the sheet with a consolation bracket.:D

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
xbowx

Bison56
November 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I want to see JSU in The Fargo Dome because I don't like any of there fans. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 01:16 PM
All too aware of where we are in the bracket. It does say "want to see in the playoffs" as the thread subject. If I were the Bison I would hope for MSU. Don't think that will happen, so I guess it'll be the same old dancing partners.

Agreed. The Bison need to chop down that YPG for Zenner.

- - - Updated - - -

We owe them for 1989

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Im hoping for a UNH/UNI rematch in the semis too. By then UNI may have already had to travel to Illinois, Washington, AND THEN New Hampshire. They may be a tired team by then....

Reminds me of the year when Nova beat SFA in Texas, then won at App State, then went and ran out of gas at EWU. Too much travel for these kids even though they were a hell of a team.

NDSUSR
November 25th, 2014, 01:21 PM
UNI vs EWU. Defense vs offense.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2014, 01:33 PM
NDSU-EWU of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW01GhdNkm8

jmu007
November 25th, 2014, 01:36 PM
UNH vs the rest of the top of the CAA since the conference decided to give them a bye this year and next.

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2014, 01:50 PM
UNH vs the rest of the top of the CAA since the conference decided to give them a bye this year and next.

SHOTS FIRED!!!! SHOTS FIRED!!!!

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2186720]Agreed. The Bison need to chop down that YPG for Zenner.

Not this time. You can work on his brother in a couple years, how's that sound?

ST_Lawson
November 25th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Illinois State vs North Dakota State for the championships (not necessarily what I expect to happen, but it's what I'd love to see). 1 game for both the MVFC championship and the FCS championship.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Illinois State vs North Dakota State for the championships (not necessarily what I expect to happen, but it's what I'd love to see). 1 game for both the MVFC championship and the FCS championship.

This or UNI vs NDSU.

I want to be in Frisco for a 4th year in a row, so it doesn't matter who it is. But beating Montana State (buyout) and EWU (revenge for '10) would be nice teams to beat.

blackbeard
November 25th, 2014, 03:52 PM
SHU vs New Hampshire - means we beat Fordham, then
SHU vs Chatty for location reasons - although I think Ind State beats them the week before

Anything after a win over Fordham is gravy

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Already looked at Chicago to Spokane flights for the quarters.
I'd certainly appreciate if that didn't have to happen!
It'd also be neat to see Montana come to Normal.

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 04:05 PM
A rematch of ISUr vs. UNI in Normal

6-game winning streak for the Panthers vs. 12-game home winning streak for the Redbirds

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Myself and some of these girls. If you've been to Frisco, you know what I'm talking about.

https://irs3.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/44585917_QNT3026rm0iWbLnxlwySot9ZBm9gr2Opv0hXF3bOv qY.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I want to see Villanova-NDSU. Maybe the Wildcats second trip to a dome will be more successful....

JaxSinfonian
November 26th, 2014, 07:32 AM

Perhaps you just haven't met enough of us. Not sure how many would make a trip to Fargo, but I guess we'll find out if the Bison advance that far.

We owe them for 1989

And 1977?

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Liberty @ Villanova. Cause that means we beat JMU.

Cocky
November 26th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Agreed. The Bison need to chop down that YPG for Zenner.

- - - Updated - - -

We owe them for 1989
What about 77?

bostonspider
November 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM
I would like to see the Spiders play at NDSU. We might all recall the last time the Spiders played on the road against the 3 time defending FCS champion in the quarterfinals. Not saying this team is close to being as good as that 2008 UR team, but it would still be a fun parallel.

CappinHard
November 26th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I want to be in Frisco for a 4th year in a row, so it doesn't matter who it is.

You can still go to Frisco, you'll just be cheering on the team that beat you in the 2nd round... ;)

dewey
November 26th, 2014, 10:12 AM
You can still go to Frisco, you'll just be cheering on the team that beat you in the 2nd round... ;)

Well if a team does beat NDSU they will have plenty of tickets to buy from NDSU fans.

Dewey

Cocky
November 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Just glad we are in NDSUs bracket. If we win tix and rooms will be available.

Da Bison
November 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM
What about 77?

NDSU lost in 1977 in what we called the (food Poisoning) Bowl.

True story our starting running back came out of the game after a carry in the first quarter. Our coach told him to get back in there. He just turned and walked away (with a great big brown splotch on his yellow pants) someone commented that he had become a true "running back"

Virtually the entire team was either ****ting or puking on the sidelines. Not a pretty sight.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2014, 10:37 AM

If the Jacks do beat the Bison, I hope they carry it all the way to the NC title. Playing every game on the road would be a huge task.

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2014, 10:41 AM
If the Jacks do beat the Bison, I hope they carry it all the way to the NC title. Playing every game on the road would be a huge task.

In 2005 we played all but one game on the road and made it that far. That included going through the #1 and #4 seeds. Granted that was only a 16 team playoff so it was only 2 road games but still.

However, I would be surprised if SDSU beat NDSU if they are lucky enough to get by MSUb.

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM

True story our starting running back came out of the game after a carry in the first quarter. Our coach told him to get back in there. He just turned and walked away (with a great big brown splotch on his yellow pants) someone commented that he had become a true "running back"

Virtually the entire team was either ****ting or puking on the sidelines. Not a pretty sight.

I should have used this excuse on Sunday practices. I dont think I made it through 1 Sunday practice without vomiting.

Who schedules practice at 11am on sunday when they know the bars close at 3am

never crapped myself though. keeping that streak going for quite a few years now.

SFA 93
November 26th, 2014, 10:46 AM
SFA vs. SHSU

TheEagleSHSU
November 26th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Wouldn't that be something for SHSU and SFA to play again this year. The matchup I was kind of looking forward to seeing was SDSU vs SHSU, My cousins go to SDSU and all my family is in Sioux Falls and Brookings. Would have been at that game no matter what in Huntsville or Brookings. Still a chance, a small chance.

NHwildEcat
November 26th, 2014, 11:55 AM
UNH vs. NDSU in Frisco.

Daytripper
November 26th, 2014, 12:05 PM
SFA vs. SHSU

"Battle of the Frisco Strip Centers"

Cocky
November 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM

i just remember it was on TV in Anniston, AL because of stadium improvements.

LeeshaJo
November 26th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Right now the match up I most want to see is SDSU at NDSU... next week I will adjust accordingly.

Red & Black
November 26th, 2014, 04:24 PM
UNI first, then NDSU in the Chipper.

unigriff
November 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Loved that pic :)

Third Base is a good bar as is Bikinis :) That may be the only thing worth saving my move from Iowa to Texas...the women in certain places are hard to compete with!

Gordon Shumway
November 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM

I'm pretty sure that argument works both ways.

Texas
November 26th, 2014, 06:15 PM
"Battle of the Frisco Strip Centers"

NDSU fans would love this would guarantee they could dump all their tickets.

JaxSinfonian
November 27th, 2014, 06:32 AM

I haven't heard that story before. Since the game was played here, I'm curious: Does Bison lore record how or where the team got sick?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chattownmocs
November 27th, 2014, 07:59 AM
When did frisco tickets go on sale?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2014, 08:27 AM

I got an email last week but I know that ticket link has been live for a while.

dewey
November 27th, 2014, 08:54 AM

The NCAA started selling tickets about 2-3 months ago. If I remember correctly each team gets about 4000 tickets but those tickets are not released until after the semifinals.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Dewey

KPSUL
November 28th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Incarnate Word vs Austin Peay.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Columbia vs Delaware State

Sycamore62
November 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I just noticed that all the game times for the first 2 rounds are out. How do they decide the time?

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
UNH vs Nova

:D

Yes sir. Me too.

kdinva
November 28th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Columbia vs Delaware State

I had Columbia v Davidson

Catsfan90
November 28th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I had Columbia v Davidson
I was hoping for a rematch of Davidson COF. COF is really improving immensely.