PDA

View Full Version : Best player I watched this season was...

Redbird Recon
November 24th, 2014, 06:22 PM
(not on your team)

David Johnson from Northern Iowa. The back's combo of speed, size and strength is a rarity at the FCS level. His kickoff return for a TD against Illinois State was the single most deflating play the Redbirds dealt with all season.

How about you?

danefan
November 24th, 2014, 06:39 PM
RJ Harris from UNH. Man among boys.

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Actually....same here (UNI's David Johnson).

Dude ran for 146 yards and 2 TDs on us (and 65 yards on two kickoff returns).
Nobody ran for that many yards against us this year....not Coprich...not Zenner...not even Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon.

Only DJ.

tomq04
November 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I was really impressed with Idaho State's receiver Mangum

centennial
November 24th, 2014, 06:55 PM
David Johnson- seems like a SEC RB. NFL here he comes.

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Coprich from isur

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Oh... And David Johnson

jmufan999
November 24th, 2014, 06:59 PM
i don't remember the Maryland game, but as far as FCS players, it's John Robertson of Nova. he delivered exactly what i had seen in previous years. unbelievable athleticism. any team that has trouble containing mobile QB's is going to get CRUSHED by Nova. you need lots of discipline and he makes excellent decisions. doesn't force anything, seems to be a true leader. heck of a player.

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Jake Bleskin...oh, not on my team? Ok, not him. Chris Brown from Cal Poly ran the option as well as any I've seen in a while. Also, I've never seen a quarterback rack up so many carries in a season without getting knocked out of a game. He had 39 carries one game. Receiver DeAndre Carter from Sacramento State was also another quality athlete of the guys I saw play. Explosive player. Every one would know who he was if he played at a school like Montana. Same goes for his seasoned quarterback, Garrett Safron.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2014, 07:20 PM
David Johnson...he was also the best FCS player I watched last year.

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
David Johnson and Vernon Adams

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Marshaun Coprich

Nickels
November 24th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Chris Bonner - Colorado State-Pueblo QB :D

veinup
November 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM
i'll say Kyle Emanuel.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM
David Johnson of UNI

Xavier Williams of UNI was also very good.

Both are playing on Sundays next year IMO.

FordhamFan
November 24th, 2014, 07:37 PM
John Robertson here..no doubt about it.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 24th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Lafayette's RB, Ross Scheuerman

Sammy94
November 24th, 2014, 07:53 PM
DE - PJ Hall

Fordham
November 24th, 2014, 08:25 PM
John Robertson, Villanova

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Chase Edmunds from Fordham

Bisonator
November 24th, 2014, 09:08 PM
David Johnson

Skycop27
November 24th, 2014, 09:28 PM
For UNH.....At WR.......Number 15............. RRRRRRRRR JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Harris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacks02
November 24th, 2014, 09:36 PM

Nobody ran for that many yards against us this year....not Coprich...not Zenner...not even Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon.

Only DJ.

Zenner only played about 2.5 quarters against WIU and had 132 yards on 17 carries for 2 TD's and another TD on a 40 yard catch.

I'm not disagreeing with your thoughts on Johnson, but Zenner lit you guys up too.

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Screw Xavier Williams. Probably beat NDSU by himself that day and gave UNI the fire they needed with his plays.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Yeah.....gimme Xavier Williams from UNI....not necessarily stats, but he dominated the middle and occupied all of the gaps....brutal.

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Zenner only played about 2.5 quarters against WIU and had 132 yards on 17 carries for 2 TD's and another TD on a 40 yard catch.

I'm not disagreeing with your thoughts on Johnson, but Zenner lit you guys up too.

He wasn't really lying when he said that nobody ran for that much xpeacex

RowdyRabbit
November 24th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Kyle Emanuel. 10 tackles, 4 sacks. and a forced fumble. Made our oline look silly.

##
North Dakota State
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL/Yds
FF
FR-Yds
Int-Yds
BrUp
Blkd
Sack/Yds
QBH

Kyle Emanuel
4.5/31
4.0/30

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM

This is true...they're both great RBs (although I didn't personally "see" Zenner, since the game was played at your place). They both completely blew away the minuscule numbers Melvin Gordon was able to put together against us (and no...I don't think I'm ever going to let that one die).

dewey
November 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Kyle Emanuel. 10 tackles, 4 sacks. and a forced fumble. Made our oline look silly.

##
North Dakota State
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL/Yds
FF
FR-Yds
Int-Yds
BrUp
Blkd
Sack/Yds
QBH

Kyle Emanuel
4.5/31
4.0/30

It would be a travesty if he doesn't win the Buchanan award.

Dewey

HailSzczur
November 24th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Player who played the best against us:
Tre McBride- William and Mary:
11 catches/209 yds/2 TD

Twentysix
November 24th, 2014, 11:33 PM
David Johnson, the kid deserves some snaps in the BCS championship game. xlolx

Seriously though, he is really good.

Panther-State
November 24th, 2014, 11:40 PM
I shudder to think what DJ would do if he wasn't touched in the backfield on nearly every play. Seriously. Our previous rushing leaders had NFL talent blocking for them and offenses that mixed things up. DJ has had a porous line for all 4 years and still blew past those records. I don't want to see him leave

unigriff
November 25th, 2014, 12:09 AM
It'd be a travesty if DJ isn't a first team all-american. With what he has done this year without a line and finally got the coach's mindset right to oh...give me the damn ball and we'll start winning. He'd probably win the Payton had the coaches figured that **** out on day one this year.

unigriff
November 25th, 2014, 12:11 AM
to be honest..I've seen him 4 times this year play...reminds me of a some Kurt Warner guy...Perish at Indiana State. Dude is big, accurate and a playmaker. If he only had the a better team around him. i'd take him over our passing QB in a heartbeat.

344Johnson
November 25th, 2014, 12:15 AM
David Johnson of UNI

These guys.

David Johnson is scary.

Williams is scary.

citdog
November 25th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Kyle Emanuel

THE HERD
November 25th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Not on our team DJ and Xavier Williams. On our team Kyle Emanuel....dude is playing possessed this year! He will be the Buck Buchanan award winner if there is any sanity in this world. Only other player I would accept for The Buck is Xavier Williams, but he won't win because he does not have the flashy stats. Both these guys are game changers though the offense has to game plan against them essentially.

kalm
November 25th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Dakota Prukop and Madison Mangum. Both sophomores too. They'll be fun to watch going forward.

Cocky
November 25th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Lucas Shapiro - Cornell
Davis Tull - Chattanooga
Vad Lee - James Madison
Kyle Emanuel - NDSU

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2014, 07:40 AM
20158..........ERIC ENDERSON.....DELAWARE SOPHMORE PUNTER......#3 RANKED LEG...IN FCS.......DID AH MENTION SOPHMORE...xconfusedx....YES LADS....BLUEHEN FOOTBALL...WAS DAT BAD...6 OUTTAH 12 CONTESTS.......BUT ERIC WAS FUN TA WATCH.....BEAUTIFUL HIGH/LONG SPIRAL KICKS.......SOMETIMES SENT OPPOSIN' RETURNERS.....BACK...BACK....BACK.....EVEN DOUGH HIS REPUTATION THRU-OUT CAA...WAS POSTED IN FILM ROOMS....FROM MAINE...TA......NORFF CAROLINAH..........HE SINGLE-FOOTEDLY....GOT HENS OUTTAH SERIOUS HOLES...AN' TURNED DUH TABLES ON FIELD PO........HE'LL BE SIGNIN' PIGGYS...IN FRISCO...JAN/2017.....xrotatehx......BRAWK!

Bisonator
November 25th, 2014, 08:04 AM
It'd be a travesty if DJ isn't a first team all-american. With what he has done this year without a line and finally got the coach's mindset right to oh...give me the damn ball and we'll start winning. He'd probably win the Payton had the coaches figured that **** out on day one this year.

That and a decent QB. Tough to put up the numbers he does with 8 in the box all the time. Get it to him in space and watch out.

DJ is just a great all around back. Big, physical, fast, great hands and vision.

Daytripper
November 25th, 2014, 08:08 AM

^^^This^^^ :(

Bison56
November 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I am also going with DJ the guy makes it look easy when he has the ball. He is the best all around back I have seen in awhile.

ur2k
November 25th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Vad Lee had the best performance against us.

I was really surprised by John Robertson's lack of arm strength when he played us, I don't know if that was just an aberration of a game.

Winindy
November 25th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Veron Adams Jr. or Kyle Emanuel. I would probably lean towards Emanuel. All the tackles for loss, sure. All the sacks, yep. But running down Zach Zenner 30 yards down field from the opposite end was pretty awesome.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Veron Adams Jr. or Kyle Emanuel. I would probably lean towards Emanuel. All the tackles for loss, sure. All the sacks, yep. But running down Zach Zenner 30 yards down field from the opposite end was pretty awesome.

I remember when ex-Griz and current Falcon Kroy Biermann did that against MSU one year. Always fun to see a big dude turn on the jets like that.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Brown, Kupp, Emmanuel, take your pick.

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM

LOL. If serious, you haven't seen any good players then. He has no arm. Zero shot he makes it in the NFL.

smallcollegefbfan
November 25th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Tough question for me. Kyle Emanuel, David Johnson, RJ Harris, John Robertson, Nick Boyle, and Vernon Adams are all worthy of a mention. Coprich would be close at the top of my 2nd tier of names.

kalm
November 25th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Brown, Kupp, Emmanuel, take your pick.

Kupp is the best WR I've ever seen carrying the football, and we've had quite a few great ones here. He doesn't look massive but he is an extremely physical runner.

Kabooom
November 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Kupp is the best WR I've ever seen carrying the football, and we've had quite a few great ones here. He doesn't look massive but he is an extremely physical runner.

One tough SOB...Deceptively fast as well....Reminds me a lot of Marc Mariani who played for the Griz....Yards after Catch are Golden...

ming01
November 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Kyle Emanuel

BisoNick
November 25th, 2014, 12:04 PM
DJ and Xavier Williams...

MacThor
November 25th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Vad Lee had the best performance against us.

I was really surprised by John Robertson's lack of arm strength when he played us, I don't know if that was just an aberration of a game.

Agreed - he looked really bad against UR. He's not even close to the best player Richmond fans watched this season.

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I watched Zenner all year, and I saw all those other players as well.

But Jake Weineke as a RS Freshman, broke Randy Moss' Freshman receiveing record(yes, that Randy Moss) 1318 yds and 15 TD's average of 109 yds a game and Jerry Rice Candidate. What shocks me the most about this? He did it mostly with a backup QB all season. He was just damn fun to watch.

kalm
November 25th, 2014, 01:06 PM

But Jake Weineke as a RS Freshman, broke Randy Moss' Freshman receiveing record(yes, that Randy Moss) 1318 yds and 15 TD's average of 109 yds a game and Jerry Rice Candidate. What shocks me the most about this? He did it mostly with a backup QB all season. He was just damn fun to watch.

Kupp had 1691 last year.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2014, 01:47 PM
David Johnson hands down.

Zenner wasn't a big factor in Cedar Falls. Illinois State's RB is the only other player that comes to mind. He ran well against us.

Cleets
November 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM

Kupp is all day Sunday next level... He's the best (good hands) Wide Out at this level

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2014, 03:22 PM
David Johnson hands down.

Zenner wasn't a big factor in Cedar Falls. Illinois State's RB is the only other player that comes to mind. He ran well against us.

I thought the opposite but DJ was regularly getting first contact in the backfield and SDSU's pass game was a real problem for us

Kemo
November 25th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Kupp had 1691 last year.

I believe that was including playoffs, correct?

Kupp has been really impressive every time I've watched EWU play.

REALBird
November 25th, 2014, 03:50 PM
David Johnson of UNI

Ditto on both. Game Changers!

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Kupp had 1691 last year.

Oh as a RS freshman? No. With a backup QB? No. As the 2nd receiver on the team? No. Sorry I have not seen Kupp play this year. The thread also says Best Player I Watched This Season.......not last year or someone else saw them and is trying to one up it. Otherwise ZZ had over 2000 yards last year.....so....if we are going back in time..... DJ really didn't do **** (78 yds and 43 receiving)when the Jacks played UNI, he had one or two good plays, but they were nothing miraculous. I just take everyone else's hype about him at their word. If that was regular season for Kupp, very impressive, if that includes playoffs....well Jake still has a game or two left......and at least one of those is against a very stout Big Sky defense......

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Nova's Robertson and Lafayette's Ross Sheuerman

ngineer
November 25th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Lafayette's RB, Ross Scheuerman

+1 I second this. When he was healthy he had the best combination of power, speed and receiving hands of any offensive player.

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
The thread also says Best Player I Watched This Season.
The thread also asked for you not to be a homer.

Also, Zenner's performance against UNI left a lot to be desired as well. (80 yards, 2.8 ypc & 26 receiving yards)

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Outside of Bryan Bennett when he's 100% healthy, the best player I saw all year is Devante Scott. He's as good as there is in the country, especially run-after-catch. If we threw the ball as much as some other teams, he would have close to 2,000 yards receiving. He's a big reason why we lead the nation in yards per completion. Best player on an opposing team was Paul McRoberts of SEMO. He got hurt at the tail end of our game and missed a bunch of games.

Devante Scott highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPrb56aICw

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Was hoping to keep this about players not our respective teams.
We all think our **** doesn't stink.

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Was hoping to keep this about players not our respective teams.
We all think our **** doesn't stink.

You asked who the best players we saw this year were. That's the answer. Sorry you don't like it.

MTfan4life
November 25th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Oh as a RS freshman? No. With a backup QB? No. As the 2nd receiver on the team? No. Sorry I have not seen Kupp play this year. The thread also says Best Player I Watched This Season.......not last year or someone else saw them and is trying to one up it. Otherwise ZZ had over 2000 yards last year.....so....if we are going back in time..... DJ really didn't do **** (78 yds and 43 receiving)when the Jacks played UNI, he had one or two good plays, but they were nothing miraculous. I just take everyone else's hype about him at their word. If that was regular season for Kupp, very impressive, if that includes playoffs....well Jake still has a game or two left......and at least one of those is against a very stout Big Sky defense......

Cool it a little. You stated that Weineke broke Randy Moss's freshman record for receiving yards. However, Moss doesn't have the record any more. Yes, Cooper Kupp was a freshman last season when he broke the record for receiving yards as a freshman. That's all Kalm was saying. He wasn't trying to say Kupp was better. He was just pointing out that Moss doesn't have the record anymore because Kupp reset it last season. Weineke will need to reach 1691 yards to break the record.

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM
You asked who the best players we saw this year were. That's the answer. Sorry you don't like it.
My original post asked for a player not on your team.

clenz
November 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Because ZZ looked great against uni...oh,wait he didn't. He never did in his career. How did he do in his career vs ndsu. How did dj do in those games?

DJ had 78 yards on 9 carries vs sdsu.... ZZ had 80 on 26.

clenz
November 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Dip ****s can't read.

Don't be shocked

MTfan4life
November 25th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Dip ****s can't read.

Oh... And David Johnson

Umm.... So is that insult directed at yourself or were you talking about a different David Johnson?

Theee Catrabbit
November 25th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Oh... And David Johnson

Oh so I'm a dip****? Not sure what your hostility is in something that was supposed to be kind of light hearted and fun. But as usual by the end of a season my opinion of you is that you are a complete ****stick......again. So you are consistent. The thread asked best player I saw this year......David Johnson wasn't it at the time I watched him, sorry that hurt your feelings. My answer is Markus Golden from Missouri. Nobody else stood out. Now what?

kalm
November 25th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Cool it a little. You stated that Weineke broke Randy Moss's freshman record for receiving yards. However, Moss doesn't have the record any more. Yes, Cooper Kupp was a freshman last season when he broke the record for receiving yards as a freshman. That's all Kalm was saying. He wasn't trying to say Kupp was better. He was just pointing out that Moss doesn't have the record anymore because Kupp reset it last season. Weineke will need to reach 1691 yards to break the record.

Yeah...this. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Weineke, but Kupp had 1378 in the regular season. Kupp also broke Moss's consecutive games with a TD record last year. I wonder where Thee got the stat that Weineke broke Moss's record. National records are important to kids so you better get them ****ing right or else you look like a gigantic douche.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah...this. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Weineke, but Kupp had 1378 in the regular season. Kupp also broke Moss's consecutive games with a TD record last year. I wonder where Thee got the stat that Weineke broke Moss's record. National records are important to kids so you better get them ****ing right or else you look like a gigantic douche.

Don't worry when SDSU has a great player they don't think there is any possibility there is a player that could be better than that player. They will tell you to the ends of the earth that ZZ is better than DJ, however, if you read the posts from every other Valley fan who didn't go homer they said DJ was the best player they saw this year.

Sandlapper Spike
November 25th, 2014, 09:16 PM
The best player (and performance) I saw in person this season was Charlotte wideout Austin Duke. We could not cover him. Judging from the rest of his season, nobody else could either.

Red & Black
November 25th, 2014, 09:23 PM

You may want to re-check that.

Anyway, I'll say the ISU WR Mangum and the Wagon-man from Montana.

Also that monster 330 pound DT Washington had...can't remember his name.

Walkon79
November 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Brown - Cal Poly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dudeitsaid
November 25th, 2014, 10:21 PM
You may want to re-check that.

Anyway, I'll say the ISU WR Mangum and the Wagon-man from Montana.

Also that monster 330 pound DT Washington had...can't remember his name.

Yes, agree with this. I also thought Prukop was outstanding when he had Johnson to take some of the focus. And I saw Robertson against Syracuse, and was thoroughly impressed. I'd give the nod to him a the best FCS player I've seen this year, but there are a lot of great ones to choose from. Hard to narrow it down...

Green26
November 25th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Kupp, Adams (before he got hurt), and Wagenmann. I saw Emanuel in only one game. He was good, but not great, in that game, in my view. Like Wags, only 3 tackles and no sacks in that game. 3 quarterback hurries. Wags had 1 and a pass break up. Emanuel was playing against the 2 UM rookie tackles, one of whom was a 253 pound true frosh.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Victor Ochi Defensive End from Stony Brook. Exceptional quickness and strength, he was disrupting UNH's offense most of the day.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Not trying to be a homer, but it was John Roberston every game I watched in person or TV. WR McBride for W&M was a beast the game I saw him.

Red & Black
November 25th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Not trying to be a homer, but it was John Roberston every game I watched in person or TV. WR McBride for W&M was a beast the game I saw him.

Thus, why the OP stipulated a player not on your team. Everyone is going to be familiar with their own players. It'd be easy for me to say Adams, Kupp, et al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird Recon
November 25th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Nobody else stood out. Now what?
No one stood out from that thrashing you took in Normal?

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Not on my team, Paul McRoberts, WR, Southeast Missouri, was the best ... shame he got hurt late in our game and missed several weeks with a broken foot. Gus Johnson, RB, SFA is a good back. I also like Caleb Berry, QB, Lamar.

veinup
November 25th, 2014, 11:01 PM
I guess I should've mentioned cooper kupp. been trying not to think about EWU too much recently, for some reason ..

but that guy is a stud. a hoss. a well built beast. a man with a nice body. (insert list of vaguely homoerotic compliments here)

KPSUL
November 25th, 2014, 11:03 PM
20158..........ERIC ENDERSON.....DELAWARE SOPHMORE PUNTER......#3 RANKED LEG...IN FCS.......DID AH MENTION SOPHMORE...xconfusedx....YES LADS....BLUEHEN FOOTBALL...WAS DAT BAD...6 OUTTAH 12 CONTESTS.......BUT ERIC WAS FUN TA WATCH.....BEAUTIFUL HIGH/LONG SPIRAL KICKS.......SOMETIMES SENT OPPOSIN' RETURNERS.....BACK...BACK....BACK.....EVEN DOUGH HIS REPUTATION THRU-OUT CAA...WAS POSTED IN FILM ROOMS....FROM MAINE...TA......NORFF CAROLINAH..........HE SINGLE-FOOTEDLY....GOT HENS OUTTAH SERIOUS HOLES...AN' TURNED DUH TABLES ON FIELD PO........HE'LL BE SIGNIN' PIGGYS...IN FRISCO...JAN/2017.....xrotatehx......BRAWK!

I went to two Delaware games, against JMU and UNH.

VS UNH:
Eric Enderson 5 punts 35.8 average, long of 41.
UNH punter Brad Prasky 3 punts 51.7 average, long of 58.

VS JMU Enderson was much better than JMU's punter, but that dude kicked a ball -14 yards which would be my nominee for worst 2014 kick if the thread gets started.

........jess say'in!

Jacks02
November 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Marshaun Coprich from Illinois St. and Kyle Emmanuel from NDSU both were huge factors in two of our losses this year.

I was also impressed with Carson Wentz from NDSU. His passing numbers weren't that great but he just killed us on the ground with big plays.

David Johnson from UNI didn't get many touches, but he definitely showed some speed on his big touchdown run on us.

Kemo
November 25th, 2014, 11:49 PM
For me, the best performance I saw from an individual opponent was Kyle Emmanuel. Complete monster against SDSU, but also did great in the other Bison games I saw.

I will say though, basing an opinion off one game is pretty flawed. I think what marks a good player is consistency and how much an opponent has to game plan for the individual. Using a DE position for example: If a team has to double team the player every play in order to keep him from murdering their QB, isn't he having a major impact on the game even if he doesn't get a sack?

HailSzczur
November 25th, 2014, 11:50 PM

VS UNH:

VS JMU Enderson was much better than JMU's punter, but that dude kicked a ball -14 yards which would be my nominee for worst 2014 kick if the thread gets started.

........jess say'in!

I raise you, a crappy punt: John Hinchen, W&M
Up 3 with under 2 minutes to play he come's up with a 2 yd punt giving us the ball at our own 31 instead of coffin cornering us. Set up the game winning drive.

It did go 16 yards further than Endersons, but situation was far worse.

Bisonator
November 26th, 2014, 06:52 AM

VS UNH:

........jess say'in!

Is this on video anywhere? That has to be pretty funny. xlolx

KPSUL
November 26th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Up 3 with under 2 minutes to play he come's up with a 2 yd punt giving us the ball at our own 31 instead of coffin cornering us. Set up the game winning drive.

You're right about the consequences; I don't think Delaware cashed-in on the -14 yarder. But I've never seen a punt that was kicked cleanly end up behind where the kicker booted it. It wasn't Enderson though, it was the JMU punter.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2014, 07:14 AM

VS UNH:

........jess say'in!

20165.....JESS SAYIN' WHAAA?.........ENDERSON IS NOW RANKED 4TH...AS LAST WEEKS STATS....WEREN'T UPDATED....AS AH TYPED......AGIN' MADISON....6 PUNTS 43.7 AVG....LONG O' 51YDS....HE HAS UNCORKED UH 69 YARDER DIS SEASON.........HE IS DUH 4TH BEST PUNTER IN FCS!.....PUNTERS SOMETIMES......HALFTA PULL BACK DUH LEG.....AN' POOCH....WHICH DRAGS DOWN DUH AVG......WIND IS UH FACTOR......AH SAW HIM [email protected] HOME GAMES.....JMU/BILL & MARE ON DUH ROAD...TV GAMES.....HE'S OWN-LAH...UH SOPH...FIRST TEAM...ALL-CAA.....AN' ANY DELAWARE FAN WILL TELL YA.....HE'S DUH HIGHLIGHT O' OURAH SEASON.....xnodx...DOODLE-DOO!

KPSUL
November 26th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Is this on video anywhere? That has to be pretty funny. xlolx

The JMU game film editor obviously has no sense of humor. it's not on the highlight film. I'll see if I can find a JMU - DE
game film, but this is from the ESPN play by play:

4th and 2 at DEL 42
Gunnar Kane (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3140808/gunnar-kane) punt for a loss of 14 yards, punt out-of-bounds at the JMads 44

Fordhamanhattan
November 26th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Chase from the Rams of Fordham

Panther-State
November 26th, 2014, 01:33 PM
If a team has to double team the player every play in order to keep him from murdering their QB, isn't he having a major impact on the game even if he doesn't get a sack?

You just described Xavier Williams in a nutshell.

tribefan40
November 28th, 2014, 08:41 PM

Who's John Hinchen? Yeah horrible punt in worst possible situation. Sad thing is it might have been his only shank on the year, a couple weeks after being assaulted by Lafayette.

Grizo406
November 28th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Cooper Kupp.

2002jack
November 28th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Kyle Emanuel

ST_Lawson
November 29th, 2014, 07:50 PM

Only DJ.

119 yards and 2 TDs.....a good game for most RBs...1 quarter against a playoff-level team for DJ.

Walkon79
December 1st, 2014, 02:41 PM
Now it's Zenner! xbowx

Panther-State
December 1st, 2014, 03:22 PM
I'm wondering how many people who said Gus Johnson originally got to see Saturday's game and the matchup between GJ and DJ. Johnson was certainly a capable back and its not hard to imagine how he managed to have as productive a career as he did...but good lord did the "David Johnson" show steal the thunder. 25 total touches for 236 yds and 4 td's (all-purpose; ~ 9.4 yds/touch) in about 3 qtrs of play. DJ get getting into the other side of the field so often he gassed our defense more than SFA did. SFA won TOP and ran 12 more plays than UNI despite not even totally 1/2 the yardage due to David's efficiency. He nearly out-rushed Gus with his first 73 yd TD carry (Gus finished with 82 yds on 20 carries).

Daytripper
December 1st, 2014, 04:42 PM
P.J. Hall. FRESHMAN. BEAST!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2014, 09:23 PM
Kupp is all day Sunday next level... He's the best (good hands) Wide Out at this level
No he is not

Kyle Emmanuel
Z Zenner
DJohnson

all the rest

katstrapper
December 1st, 2014, 09:27 PM
Jerry Rice Award Nominee

DE .. PJ Hall. Redshirt Freshman (Sam Houston)

All he did on Saturday was 10 TT, 6 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 PBU, 1 Blocked Field Goal Attempt

oh and Gus Johnson (SFA) is a legit running back. Cooper Kupp (EWU) is a damn good receiver..

clenz
December 1st, 2014, 10:31 PM
Wasn't impressed with Gus Johnson.

I did start to wonder what kind if yards DJ, ZZ, Coprich, Crocket, Ruiz, and Baker would put up in the SLC though.

Panther-State
December 1st, 2014, 11:12 PM
Wasn't impressed with Gus Johnson.

I did start to wonder what kind if yards DJ, ZZ, Coprich, Crocket, Ruiz, and Baker would put up in the SLC though.

Thought the same thing. I don't think SFA was being heralded for its D coming into the game but I imagine they have to be somewhat decent by SLC standards in order to finish that high in the standings. Those guys didn't stand a chance against DJ. Gus was getting extremely frustrated with his lack of running space and the hits he was taking. I've never seen a running back be so vocal and animated towards the people tackling him for...just tackling him. I think he was more upset with his lack of familiar success than anything UNI players were doing.

clenz
December 2nd, 2014, 07:00 AM
Thought the same thing. I don't think SFA was being heralded for its D coming into the game but I imagine they have to be somewhat decent by SLC standards in order to finish that high in the standings. Those guys didn't stand a chance against DJ. Gus was getting extremely frustrated with his lack of running space and the hits he was taking. I've never seen a running back be so vocal and animated towards the people tackling him for...just tackling him. I think he was more upset with his lack of familiar success than anything UNI players were doing.
He should have been flagged 5 or 6 times for what he was doing post play.

It seems like every time he got hit he was trying to take a swing at a UNI guy

achrist70
December 2nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
As a UNI fan I would have to say I was most impressed with was Mike Perish, looking at the teams that beat UNI he is the only one that stick out, no offense to Zach Zenner but I have never really been that impressed with him, and wonder what kind of stats David Johnson would put up in Zenner's role.

clenz
December 2nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
As a UNI fan I would have to say I was most impressed with was Mike Perish, looking at the teams that beat UNI he is the only one that stick out, no offense to Zach Zenner but I have never really been that impressed with him, and wonder what kind of stats David Johnson would put up in Zenner's role.
Oh jeeze…. Here we go

underdawg
December 2nd, 2014, 09:13 AM

www.gfycat.com/PeriodicForthrightBoa

I'm an SIU fan and you're a UNi fan but we both have to admit Zenner is one of the best one cut and running backs in the nation---like to see him behind NDSU's OL! He has strength and amazing acceleration.
(http://www.gfycat.com/PeriodicForthrightBoa)

NSF
December 2nd, 2014, 09:19 AM
I don't get why people diss Zenner. I've seen him play better against us (INS) than any back (with the exception of Tevin Coleman of Indiana) in the last 4 years. He is on par with any back in the MVFC, but I will acknowledge that Johnson will get a better shot and has a better chance for success in the NFL. All that said, Kyle Emanual is the best player I've seen this year.

achrist70
December 2nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
I think Zenner is a good back, I just personally have never been that impressed with him, of course that probably has to do with the fact that he has only ever averaged like 2.5 yards per carry against UNI

PMBison
December 3rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
Have to say David Johnson

frozennorth
December 4th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Zach Zenner is excellent, but DJ has to be on the short list for the best of all time.

KUlawJack
December 4th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I think Zenner is a good back, I just personally have never been that impressed with him, of course that probably has to do with the fact that he has only ever averaged like 2.5 yards per carry against UNI

Zenner's career average against UNI in 4 games: 3.75 ypc

2011 - 9/36 (he was the back-up RB his RS-FR year) 4 ypc
2012 - 20/112 - 5.6 ypc
2013 - 31/106 - 3.42 ypc
2014 - 29/80 - 2.76 ypc

Total yards: 334
Total carries: 89
Career TDs: 4

UNI has held him down, I assume, better than any team not named NDSU. However, in the two games UNI held him in check the best, SDSU won. Go figure.

Cocky
December 10th, 2014, 07:02 AM
PJ Hall - SHSU
Better than any of the ones I previously mentioned.

bjtheflamesfan
December 10th, 2014, 09:03 AM
If you asked me that last week, I would have said Mike Perish from ISUb. After the Villanova game, I say John Robertson. I think he could be getting some pro calls next fall and in 2016

Twentysix
December 10th, 2014, 10:50 AM
David Johnson. Zenner is great, but he has been lackluster over his career in games vs NDSU, so I have to give it to Johnson.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 11:07 AM
PJ Hall - SHSU
Better than any of the ones I previously mentioned.

Probably won't, but should win the Rice Award.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2014, 11:28 AM
David Johnson. Zenner is great, but he has been lackluster over his career in games vs NDSU, so I have to give it to Johnson.

Disagree. The way Zenner took that game over on Saturday. I've never seen Johnson do that against the Bison. I do believe that the game should never have been that close but for external factors but the opportunities they were given, it was Zenner driving the bus.

clenz
December 10th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Disagree. The way Zenner took that game over on Saturday. I've never seen Johnson do that against the Bison. I do believe that the game should never have been that close but for external factors but the opportunities they were given, it was Zenner driving the bus.
You want to look at career numbers v ndsu.

6 games and he looked good once

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM
You want to look at career numbers v ndsu.

6 games and he looked good once

You obviously have the blinders on. Did you see the game on Saturday? Zenner pretty much ran the entire offense.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2014, 12:14 PM
ZZ ran extremely hard Saturday. That kid left it all on the field!

That said DJ is still the best player.

Nova09
December 11th, 2014, 12:48 PM

You really think that was worse than kicking a ball sitting on the turf, resulting in a loss of 20something yards, setting up the game winning fg on a drive which lost yardage, where the punter just falling on the live ball likely would have resulted in no fg and number one overall seed for his team?

Twentysix
December 11th, 2014, 01:17 PM

Zenner may have been the only one driving the bus, but he only drove it to a tune of 133 yards (on 32 carries). Over the course of his career he has never looked amazing against NDSU.

Zenner looked much better against Montana State, with 5 TDs and 250 yards (on 23 carries).

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 08:48 PM
ISUr, the whole team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 08:59 PM
CC's QB Ross was a lot better this year compared to last year. He played a very good game today.

CC will be tough again next year with him coming back.

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 09:46 PM
CC's QB Ross was a lot better this year compared to last year. He played a very good game today.

CC will be tough again next year with him coming back.

I watched their last 4 games, other than against NDSU, he didn't have the pop that VA and Robertson seem to have.