PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 - Liberty @ JMU

knucklehead
November 24th, 2014, 05:39 PM
As a long time LU fan, I'm still in a state of shock that the weird play actually happened for us rather than to us. Very excited to be headed to JMU on Saturday for Liberty's first ever FCS Playoff Game. Have my ticket and I'm ready to go!

So, let's talk LU vs JMU. Saturday at Bridgeforth Stadium in Harrisonburg, VA at 4pm.

I'll start the fun off with Liberty's Hype video:

http://youtu.be/IvBhiIf0nWw

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2014, 05:48 PM
JMU wins 38-24

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM
20156.......KNUCKLEDRAGGER......BETTERAH BRING YER BIBLE........VAD LEE.....IS UH SATANIC QB.....xeekx....AN' YA'S...USED UP ALL YER MIRACLES.......LAST SATURDAY.....xnodx.......BRAWK!

knucklehead
November 24th, 2014, 07:15 PM
No Miracles needed.

LU's Defense played well Saturday, and hopefully they keep it rolling. They are #57 in the country, but thankfully JMU is #92. We need to control the clock on offense. That will be achieved better if the week plays out well. Josh Woodrum has said he will be ready to play and Coach Gill sounds positive, but says they will watch him in practice and if he's ready to go he will play. I'll bet Masha will still play some.

If they can control the clock and the D stays rested, LU will be fine. My biggest worry is the sheer pace of that offense and how many plays they run. Got to keep them off the field.

I'll make my score pick later when I'm sure on Josh Status.

tribe_pride
November 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Someone from JMU put this together about Hitler finding out about Liberty's first round opponent. Very well done.

http://captiongenerator.com/26325/Hitler-is-told-Libertys-first-round-opponent

jmufan999
November 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
when is Gill's press conference?

knucklehead
November 24th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Tomorrow. It's usually at 12 noon.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Liberty would have had a very good chance against JMU back in October, but they have just gotten better each week in November. I'm picking JMU by 14 at home vs Liberty AND to make it as far as the Fargo Dome, losing in the Semi finals.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Someone from JMU put this together about Hitler finding out about Liberty's first round opponent. Very well done.

That is great....thanks for posting

jmufan999
November 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM
offense
JMU's pace is tough to deal with, and it's not like teams don't know it's coming. you have to be in excellent shape as our conditioning program this offseason was particularly intense (as is the case with many fast paced teams). we also rotate a lot on offense, so there really isn't a go-to guy. we use 4 RB's, 6-ish WR's, several TE's, etc. it just wears teams down and it's more difficult than just snapping your fingers and saying "ok, be ready for this." reminds me of when we played Wofford in 2008. was extremely tough to play them after only a week to prepare for their offense. the pace has one other effect: makes it nearly impossible to disguise coverages. you have to just line up and play, there's really no time to do anything else. we've had issues with our senior center (and captain) Matt Williams on high snaps. no one can figure out why. Lee has rescued us on numerous occasions recently with bad snaps.

defense
on D, people seem to think JMU is bad, probably just checking box scores. do people realize we have arguably one of the better CB tandems in the country? both Moreland and Reynolds have multiple CAA POW awards. Safety Marlowe is an NFL prospect, headed to the E-W Shrine Game. DE Harold is T-10th in the NCAA in sacks, Senior DE Brandon Lee has been a force for years as well. LB Gage Steele was a Jerry Rice Award finalist last year (Moreland is on the JR Award Watch List this year). we're in a new scheme this year, just like on offense, yet people expect a magical transformation. and just like the offense, it's taken time to settle in.

in the past month, JMU's D has given up 17 (w/ a special teams score), 24, 20, and 27 (in a game that was 45-7 at the half and basically everyone sitting the entire second half). i'm not concerned about our D as they just have to be good enough. if we can hold teams to about 24 points, we'll win our share.

special teams
we have a consistent field goal kicker (replaced our original kicker who struggled) but he's probably not kicking any 50 yarders. our punter has struggled since the spring and just isn't very good, if i'm being honest. he's slow to kick which leads to blocks, doesn't have a great leg, and is clearly the weakest starter on the team. it's an issue. protection has been bad at times as well. on the other side, we've been one of the best punt/kick blocking teams in the nation with 7 blocks. Most of these (5, tied for 1st in the country) have been by Moreland who just seems to have a knack for it. we don't have particularly explosive punt or kick returners. we're adequate at kick and punt coverage.

veinup
November 25th, 2014, 09:41 AM
38-21 Dukes Dukes Dukes.

YoUDeeMan
November 25th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Liberty doesn't have a prayer.

JMU by 24.

Daytripper
November 25th, 2014, 10:11 AM

That is funny...xnodx

birdsflyhigh
November 25th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I'm taking the JMU Dukes in a rout over the burnout Flames.

knucklehead
November 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Chris Lang on Twitter.." Turner Gill says QB Josh Woodrum and WR Dante Shells are both probable for Saturday's game at JMU."

DukeDog
November 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I haven't paid much attention to LU this year. I know they played some good teams competitively. I have paid attention to every JMU game, even the ones where all i could do was listen to a radio broadcast on the web. To be fair; I am biased as all get-out, still; the Dukes have improved every game throughout the year and there is something really special going on there on that team. I got JMU winning by a lot.

Southern Bison
November 25th, 2014, 04:30 PM
This is the closest first round game to Charlotte so myself and another Bison alum are looking to head up for the game. What are the ticket prices and are they available?

jmufan999
November 25th, 2014, 06:29 PM
tickets start at $12, go as high as $20. jmusports.com. it's a Black Out so if you have a choice in coats/sweatshirts, choose black.

knucklehead
November 25th, 2014, 08:19 PM
This is the closest first round game to Charlotte so myself and another Bison alum are looking to head up for the game. What are the ticket prices and are they available? You should buy them through LU and sit in the sea of RED!

Stonewall D
November 25th, 2014, 09:16 PM
IMHO, JMU could go all the way. They are that good. But they could struggle with Liberty.

ncvote
November 25th, 2014, 10:46 PM
I haven't paid much attention to LU this year. I know they played some good teams competitively. I have paid attention to every JMU game, even the ones where all i could do was listen to a radio broadcast on the web. To be fair; I am biased as all get-out, still; the Dukes have improved every game throughout the year and there is something really special going on there on that team. I got JMU winning by a lot.

JMU will not win this game. They were lucky to defeat Albany, Stony Brook and William and Mary.....won all three in final minutes ..and two of those teams were mediocre at best. Also barely beat a bad UNCC football team in CLT. Liberty has defeated Appalachian in Boone and Coastal in Conway, SC. Liberty's defense will make the difference just as Stony Brook nearly pulled off vs JMU a few weeks ago. Betting Line is only JMU-1.....extremely close given their home field advantage....same field that a weak Delaware team defeated JMU.

jmufan999
November 26th, 2014, 07:50 AM
JMU will not win this game. They were lucky to defeat Albany, Stony Brook and William and Mary.....won all three in final minutes.

seems like we get lucky a lot then. i'll take it.

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM
What I like most about this Liberty team is that they have found the way to win some of the close ones. After losing to UR in 2 OT, they beat App in OT and pulled out a close one without the starting qb at ccu. 2 big road wins for LU. And with the playoff jinx gone, I feel like they can play more freely.

Like I've said, I've been to 2 JMU games and they have a very athletic strong team. It will be a tough task for sure, but this team is is used to it. I do feel like it will be a close, high scoring game that will come right down to the end. So the question is, who is the toughest at the end and pulls it out. I'm saying LU, with Josh Woodrum back, will find a way.

mcveyrl
November 26th, 2014, 08:34 AM
JMU will not win this game. They were lucky to defeat Albany, Stony Brook and William and Mary.....won all three in final minutes ..and two of those teams were mediocre at best. Also barely beat a bad UNCC football team in CLT. Liberty has defeated Appalachian in Boone and Coastal in Conway, SC. Liberty's defense will make the difference just as Stony Brook nearly pulled off vs JMU a few weeks ago. Betting Line is only JMU-1.....extremely close given their home field advantage....same field that a weak Delaware team defeated JMU.

Conveniently ignores our most recent results where we blew the doors off of a playoff team. Also ignores LU losing to Chuck South...at home, two weeks ago.

We are/were a team with new coaches and new players that has progressively gotten better every week. I still think this will be a close game, but to use those earlier results as any indicator is foolish.

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Again, LU losing to CSU was bad. However a R-Freshman qb being tossed in as the starter with 1 practice and 3 previous game snaps was tough. But yes, we should have found a way.

ncvote
November 26th, 2014, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=mcveyrl;2187162]Conveniently ignores our most recent results where we blew the doors off of a playoff team. Also ignores LU losing to Chuck South...at home, two weeks ago.

Glad you brought this up. the win over Elon was merciful and pitiful.....Elon was horrible.....looked like a high school team! The huge win over Richmond was weird......their running back had two wide open touchdown runs...no one between him and the goal line and he fumbled both times...2 Td's wasted by richmond. Next their QB Strauss returns from being out four weeks, hops around on a bad ankle and throws 2 interceptions for JMU TD's. Score did not reflect relevant talent level of those two teams. Thus JMU is only a 1 point favorite over LIberty......and Liberty probably has the better defense. LU wins!!

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Nice breakdown of the UR/JMU game. I wondered. Thanks. I hope you are right. Go Flames!

jmufan999
November 26th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Nice breakdown of the UR/JMU game. I wondered. Thanks. I hope you are right. Go Flames!

can you give an honest assessment of Liberty on both sides of the ball? i gave one for JMU.

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I will, but later when I'm not on my phone. Haha

bridgeforthduke
November 26th, 2014, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=mcveyrl;2187162]Conveniently ignores our most recent results where we blew the doors off of a playoff team. Also ignores LU losing to Chuck South...at home, two weeks ago.

Glad you brought this up. the win over Elon was merciful and pitiful.....Elon was horrible.....looked like a high school team! The huge win over Richmond was weird......their running back had two wide open touchdown runs...no one between him and the goal line and he fumbled both times...2 Td's wasted by richmond. Next their QB Strauss returns from being out four weeks, hops around on a bad ankle and throws 2 interceptions for JMU TD's. Score did not reflect relevant talent level of those two teams. Thus JMU is only a 1 point favorite over LIberty......and Liberty probably has the better defense. LU wins!!

You trying to argue that turnovers helped JMU beat Richmond and thus it wasn't a good indication of the talent level of the two teams is a poor argument. In Week 4 JMU was beating Villanova 24-14 early in the third quarter. JMU threw two interceptions in the second half that helped Nova win. I still see Nova as being the better team at that time. If you were paying attention to the JMU/Richmond game, JMU was just the better team talent-wise in all phases of the game.

I've seen some Liberty posters talking about their defense stepping up and stopping our offense, but it just isn't going to happen. JMU is just the better team right now. JMU's defense has its moments where it looks lost at times, but they make plays when they need to. Liberty hasn't beaten JMU since 1992 and even during the lackluster years of late Liberty hasn't been able to get the job done. Liberty will be a fairly tough team, but I don't see them getting over the hump this year. They may have beaten a paper tiger in Coastal last week, but this will be the best offense they've seen all year.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2014, 10:47 AM
tickets start at $12, go as high as $20. jmusports.com. it's a Black Out so if you have a choice in coats/sweatshirts, choose black.
Thanks for the info...I'll be sporting Green & Gold and easy to spot apparently. :cool:

Cleets
November 26th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Liberty doesn't have a prayer.

JMU by 24.

This ^
I think we'll see Liberty make a bunch of stupid mistakes and fall far behind

JMUNJ08
November 26th, 2014, 12:55 PM
This all starts with the first half. JMU is making consistent good adjustments at the half but several of the close games mentioned were due to poor starts. When we get out of the blocks, look out (Towson, UR, Elon). Even if we are down 7 at the half, I would feel strongly that JMU can come back and win. LU really needs to disrupt us and make the better adjustments to get this done.

I really hate the defense comparisons. Really, we are much more middle of the road to maybe a little better when you factor in the takeaways. Really, our D is on the field nearly 5 minutes longer than many other teams in the field and I pointed this out in another thread. By yards, we look close to EWU, but based on TOP, are nearly 100 yards better a game (putting us right in the middle of playoff teams).

phoenix3
November 26th, 2014, 01:10 PM
This is the most interesting match-up in the first round, IMO. The Big South Conference has gotten high marks this year from Massey, Sagarin, etc. This game and CCU's first game may both go a long way toward validating the BSC.

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 01:15 PM
can you give an honest assessment of Liberty on both sides of the ball? i gave one for JMU.
Here's a great start from Chris Lang https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1709102

Eight Legger
November 26th, 2014, 01:30 PM
This will be a competitive game, but I would expect JMU to win by 10-12 points. I didn't see our game at Liberty, but we got ahead early, then blew it late and escaped with a win. I think JMU is the better team and has faced better competition.

JMU obviously crushed us a few weeks ago, but I think even JMU fans would say that the result was a bit fluky, as pointed out. They still would have beaten us, but the turnovers and the way three of them directly resulted in 14 points for JMU and cost us another 7 points made the final very lopsided. That's not making excuses, though – JMU had a lot to do with all of those turnovers. But if we were to play again, no one would expect a 35-point blowout again.

I'm interested to watch some of this one.

jmufan999
November 26th, 2014, 05:59 PM
page 2? hell no. bump it up.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2014, 06:33 PM
LIBERTY is weighing in with a rating of 66.7

JAMES MADISON is weighing in with a rating of 73.4

According to the Born Power Index, JAMES MADISON is projected to be 6.7 points stronger than LIBERTY

knucklehead
November 26th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Liberty breakdown for 999

Offense: For most of the year the Offense has been rolling. Gill would prefer to be 60/40 run pass but it has flexed quite a bit. Offensive line allows very few sacs and is a very seasoned group that typically controls the LOS well. The O did struggle early with 3rd down conversions, but have vastly improved that lately. Red zone conversions have been a bit of an issue on an off as well.

Woodrum was in the top 10 in the country in passing until he missed 2 games. His accuracy has improved throughout the year and he's stretching the field well. He is:

176-279 passing or 63.1% 2521yds 19td and 7 Int.

He has also rushed for quite a bit in read option plays 66 for 253 yds and 8tds.

Big receivers: #1 is Darrin Peterson who has 79 catches for 1214 and 12 td (avg 16 yds). Other big contributers are slot rec Gabe Henderson who's been huge on 3rd down, TE Dexter Herman, and a guy we'd love to see stay healthy for this one Dante Shells who can be as deadly as Peterson when he's healthy.

RB D.J. Abnar had been a work horse in a smaller build. he's run well between the tackles but can kill you in space as well. tough to catch and bring down. He's done well filling in for Des Rice who is out for the year. He's tallied 1155yds at a clip of 4.6 and 13TD. He's also very good catching the ball. Masha has been a big part of the run game lately as well averaging 6.8 ypc. It looked like Todd Macon would be a big part of the run game as well, but he's been out injured a lot of the year.

Defense:

This has been a work in progress this year. They have been on most of the time, but have had a few games where they have struggled. But when they are on and the scheme matches, wow. They shut out Gardner Webb and only gave up 56 total yards, but struggled to stop App St and CSU. They were spot on VS Coastal and held then to only 14 points. The D line is solid and BIG. They have combined for 26 sacks (Uzowihe 8, Onychi 7.5, Davis 6.5).
Corners are very young for the most part with the exception of veteran Kenny Scott. They have been pretty good but the corners have struggled with deep passes at times. Very athletic group though. Scott has been caught a few times lately with his back to the ball resulting in some PI penalties.
The defense has 16 ints and 8 of those are from Free Safety Jacob Hagen. He has had an unreal year and will be playing on Sundays IMHO. He also leads the team with 92 tackles.
Linebackers have struggled with injuries (Nick Sigmon, Jimmy OGrady) but this has allowed the team to build LB depth at this point in the year. Nick Newman and Dexter Robins have gotten a lot of work. Again a solid group. Standouts are Nick Sigmon, and of late Nick Newman. Newman is the guy shown a mile in the air on the CCU blocked field goal. He is a freak athlete who started at Safety and has really grown at LB late in the year. He is second on the team with 71 tackles.

Special Teams:

Kicker John Lunsford is amazing. He kicked a 60 yard FG to send the UR game to OT. He has hit 74% of his FGs and had hit a record 94 PATs until he missed a key one vs CSU. He was 3-4 on FGs vs Coastal and was key in the win. He's also a huge weapon on kickoffs. He kicks unreturnable kicks a lot (41TB).

Punter Trey Turner has also been a big weapon. He's averaging 41.2 and 6 of 50+.

Kick and punt returns have been pretty much a mess. Early in the year there were a lot of muffed catches and no good returns. Lately Jalloh has begon to break some decent KO returns. Most teams are rugby punting to us to confuse the young returner and make it hard to catch.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the wait.

Cleets
November 26th, 2014, 09:30 PM
LIBERTY is weighing in with a rating of 66.7

JAMES MADISON is weighing in with a rating of 73.4

According to the Born Power Index, JAMES MADISON is projected to be 6.7 points stronger than LIBERTY

That ^ is Damn Interesting...
Is that 6.7 points stronger at a neutral location (general rating) or 6.7 stronger at HOME

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
get ready for JMU to lay a doogie dukie and choke on Patrick Henry's leftover bone!

jmufan999
November 27th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Liberty breakdown for 999

Offense: For most of the year the Offense has been rolling. Gill would prefer to be 60/40 run pass but it has flexed quite a bit. Offensive line allows very few sacs and is a very seasoned group that typically controls the LOS well. The O did struggle early with 3rd down conversions, but have vastly improved that lately. Red zone conversions have been a bit of an issue on an off as well.

Woodrum was in the top 10 in the country in passing until he missed 2 games. His accuracy has improved throughout the year and he's stretching the field well. He is:

176-279 passing or 63.1% 2521yds 19td and 7 Int.

He has also rushed for quite a bit in read option plays 66 for 253 yds and 8tds.

Big receivers: #1 is Darrin Peterson who has 79 catches for 1214 and 12 td (avg 16 yds). Other big contributers are slot rec Gabe Henderson who's been huge on 3rd down, TE Dexter Herman, and a guy we'd love to see stay healthy for this one Dante Shells who can be as deadly as Peterson when he's healthy.

RB D.J. Abnar had been a work horse in a smaller build. he's run well between the tackles but can kill you in space as well. tough to catch and bring down. He's done well filling in for Des Rice who is out for the year. He's tallied 1155yds at a clip of 4.6 and 13TD. He's also very good catching the ball. Masha has been a big part of the run game lately as well averaging 6.8 ypc. It looked like Todd Macon would be a big part of the run game as well, but he's been out injured a lot of the year.

Defense:

This has been a work in progress this year. They have been on most of the time, but have had a few games where they have struggled. But when they are on and the scheme matches, wow. They shut out Gardner Webb and only gave up 56 total yards, but struggled to stop App St and CSU. They were spot on VS Coastal and held then to only 14 points. The D line is solid and BIG. They have combined for 26 sacks (Uzowihe 8, Onychi 7.5, Davis 6.5).
Corners are very young for the most part with the exception of veteran Kenny Scott. They have been pretty good but the corners have struggled with deep passes at times. Very athletic group though. Scott has been caught a few times lately with his back to the ball resulting in some PI penalties.
The defense has 16 ints and 8 of those are from Free Safety Jacob Hagen. He has had an unreal year and will be playing on Sundays IMHO. He also leads the team with 92 tackles.
Linebackers have struggled with injuries (Nick Sigmon, Jimmy OGrady) but this has allowed the team to build LB depth at this point in the year. Nick Newman and Dexter Robins have gotten a lot of work. Again a solid group. Standouts are Nick Sigmon, and of late Nick Newman. Newman is the guy shown a mile in the air on the CCU blocked field goal. He is a freak athlete who started at Safety and has really grown at LB late in the year. He is second on the team with 71 tackles.

Special Teams:

Kicker John Lunsford is amazing. He kicked a 60 yard FG to send the UR game to OT. He has hit 74% of his FGs and had hit a record 94 PATs until he missed a key one vs CSU. He was 3-4 on FGs vs Coastal and was key in the win. He's also a huge weapon on kickoffs. He kicks unreturnable kicks a lot (41TB).

Punter Trey Turner has also been a big weapon. He's averaging 41.2 and 6 of 50+.

Kick and punt returns have been pretty much a mess. Early in the year there were a lot of muffed catches and no good returns. Lately Jalloh has begon to break some decent KO returns. Most teams are rugby punting to us to confuse the young returner and make it hard to catch.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the wait.

cool, thanks

knucklehead
November 27th, 2014, 11:00 AM
get ready for JMU to lay a doogie dukie and choke on Patrick Henry's leftover bone!

Over on the JMU board, the heavy majority think JMU wins and it's not even close. One guy even said that LU isn't even close to as good as Albany, Stony Brook, or W&M. I think this is a great game. It's good to come on here and see some folks paying attention. Most of our fans are giving plenty of respect and the picks are on both sides.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2014, 06:56 PM

I went to the Liberty - Monmouth game in Lynchburg. Liberty'd defense made a mediocre Monmouth offense look like the Phildelphia Eagles.

jmufan999
November 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Over on the JMU board, the heavy majority think JMU wins and it's not even close. One guy even said that LU isn't even close to as good as Albany, Stony Brook, or W&M. I think this is a great game. It's good to come on here and see some folks paying attention. Most of our fans are giving plenty of respect and the picks are on both sides.

go back and look at your board again. i counted about 20 of your fans predicting a win and maybe 6-7 predicting a JMU win (not counting JMU fans on your board, of course). and at least one of those posters seems to be a person that frequently picks against LU since he said "hope i'm wrong again." it's also tough to sift through a prediction thread when you have people making lame-a** non-predictions like "i think we can win" ("can" does not = "will".... have some balls and make an actual prediction). so yes, the predictions "are on both sides" as you said, but all it would take is 1 JMU vote for that to be true. it's a bit misleading. the vast majority of LU fans are predicting a win over JMU.

4grz
November 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
James Madison is on fire. Liberty wouldn't even be in this game had they not blocked the last second field goal. With the teams so close, I imagine the attendance will be pretty solid for this game.

James Madison 34
Liberty 27

knucklehead
November 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM
But they DID block the FG! YUP.
Coach Gill just tweeted that LU's allotment is sold out. I'm sure there will be LU fans sprinkled all over as well.

URMite
November 28th, 2014, 10:54 AM
How healthy does Woodrum look?

Stonewall D
November 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Liberty held Richmond close into 2 OTs. They are better than albany, stony brook and comparable to w&m. JMU will have a harder time than most expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty held Richmond close into 2 OTs. They are better than albany, stony brook and comparable to w&m. JMU will have a harder time than most expect.

knucklehead
November 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
How healthy does Woodrum look?

Gill said he has looked good in practice this week. that's all we have.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2014, 11:37 AM
James Madison is on fire. Liberty wouldn't even be in this game had they not blocked the last second field goal. With the teams so close, I imagine the attendance will be pretty solid for this game.

James Madison 34
Liberty 27

fires burn themselves out.... Yes, they are hot but they will have to still be running hot to beat Liberty.

kdinva
November 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I hope the JMU Royal Dukes Band is there......they put on a good show, a positive for that game's atmosphere.....

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 28th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I hope the JMU Royal Dukes Band is there......they put on a good show, a positive for that game's atmosphere.....

It's mandatory...the MRD's will be there in full force.

I haven't heard anything on ticket sales but I'm hoping for a sellout. I'm ready for a great game!

Go Dukes!!!!!

jmufan999
November 28th, 2014, 06:43 PM
It's mandatory...the MRD's will be there in full force.

I haven't heard anything on ticket sales but I'm hoping for a sellout. I'm ready for a great game!

Go Dukes!!!!!

i have heard we're anticipating at least 15,000. most of us are very pleased with that number, considering the holiday.

knucklehead
November 28th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Liberty sold their 1600 allotment out early this am. When I picked mine up this evening, the LU ticket office folks told me they had been passing the info on for how to buy tix through JMU all day. Hoping for 2500 to 300 in RED!

citdog
November 29th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Liberty sold their 1600 allotment out early this am. When I picked mine up this evening, the LU ticket office folks told me they had been passing the info on for how to buy tix through JMU all day. Hoping for 2500 to 300 in RED!

JMU fans if you want to have a laugh stop a falwell offer him a beer and ask him about how dinosaur fossils were buried by the Jewish Carpenter to test their faith....

DUKES_88
November 29th, 2014, 05:46 AM
JMU fans if you want to have a laugh stop a falwell offer him a beer and ask him about how dinosaur fossils were buried by the Jewish Carpenter to test their faith....
Diehard JMU fan here! Sorry, but this is a football thread, if you feel compelled to comment on your lack of tolerance, I'm sure you can find an atheist thread somewhere. As for me and my family, I would much more enjoy a Liberty fan at my tailgate that believes in something and stands upon that belief, than someone that gets their jollies from trying to tear down someone else. Now off my soapbox, The Dukes are going to put a Royal thumping on those Eagles.

Oh yeah, in case it's not evident, I happen to like that Jewish Carpenter a lot. Maybe I'll grab one of those Eagles and we will have a prayer for you before the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2014, 07:09 AM

xthumbsdownx

knucklehead
November 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Diehard JMU fan here! Sorry, but this is a football thread, if you feel compelled to comment on your lack of tolerance, I'm sure you can find an atheist thread somewhere. As for me and my family, I would much more enjoy a Liberty fan at my tailgate that believes in something and stands upon that belief, than someone that gets their jollies from trying to tear down someone else. Now off my soapbox, The Dukes are going to put a Royal thumping on those Eagles.

Oh yeah, in case it's not evident, I happen to like that Jewish Carpenter a lot. Maybe I'll grab one of those Eagles and we will have a prayer for you before the game.
Bam! Nicely said.

New Bucs Fan
November 29th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Was your entire defense RSF making their first start? Don't think Masha was one getting ball run down his throat.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2014, 11:28 AM

Atheist? He's a 12 Tribesman.

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Moreland better be careful he could have been called for taunting on that incomplete pass.

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 03:28 PM
That was the right call that was targeting in my book.

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Nice stop by Liberty I would have taken the 3 there 30 yards? Should be able to make that.

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM
That was a fumble JMU is going to get the ball.

SumItUp
November 29th, 2014, 04:45 PM
JMU leads 21-10 at the half. Liberty had 4 turnovers in the first half.

danefan
November 29th, 2014, 04:51 PM
whoever this is announcing knows absolutely nothing about FCS football.

Congrats to SDSU for being the 3-time defending champ and for Montana St for beating San Diego today.

thebootfitter
November 29th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Nice fake FG!

Liberty with a first down and knocking.

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Terrible D by JMU on that fake, they should have been looking for that.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Nice fake FG!

Liberty with a first down and knocking.

and Abner carries it in for six............21-17; 10:15 in the 3rd.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:22 PM
JMU goes three and out.........Liberty drives to the JMU 39..........Lunsford hits from 56............21-20....

SumItUp
November 29th, 2014, 05:24 PM
56-yard field goal by LU's Lunsford to tighten the score. JMU leads 21-20 in the 3rd.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Liberty forces another JMU punt, and their punter gets it all the way to the LU 2 yd line....

BisonBohl
November 29th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Finally JMU doesnt dick around and just punts the damn ball, the rugby style punt was not working.

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Is it just me..?
Neither one of these teams seems particularly talented - big and strong YES - but talent wise hmmm....

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:41 PM
exchange of punts........on 1st dn from the LU 15, Woodrum is sacked, fumbles, but recovers his own fumble and gets back to the L O S.......then 2 plays later runs for a 1st down.

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 05:44 PM
This is ugly football...
These two teams can HIT I'll give them that for sure

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Is Liberty going to plow their way down field 3 yards and a cloud of dust...

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Liberty is in the middle of a 9 minute drive

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Liberty is in the middle of a 9 minute drive

which has included two key 3rd down pass completions.

FordhamFan
November 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
That's the kind of drive that wins you games. Let's go Flames!

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 05:55 PM
and @ 2:53, Liberty gets the TD rush........two point conv. fails.........26-21...........eleven minute drive......

Cleets
on Defense JMU looks big and slow... (very strong) but S.L.O.W.....

centennial
This might be my only bad pick. I was expecting JMU to win.

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
There's plenty of time for JMU to put a drive together and win
its all right in front of them

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:04 PM
JMU converts a 4th down via a pass from Lee.....

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 06:05 PM
JMU was gifted a no call on that grounding play

- - - Updated - - -

This is a damn interesting finish

FordhamFan
November 29th, 2014, 06:05 PM
He was very, very down. This would be an epic drive from Lee and company

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Liberty is laying the LUMBER sized HITs on JMU

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:11 PM
JMU has a 4th and 13 from the LU 27.............59 seconds on the clock.....time out Dukes.

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM
If JMU runs a screen here they will catch Liberty... but that's a gutsy call

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Liberty breaks up the 4th down pass play...........their ball, 0:54.

centennial
November 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Game over.

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM
one run + two knees = Flames win...........congrats to our former foe....

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 06:16 PM
*OUCH..!!!

Congrats Liberty - strong performance

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:17 PM
that's two misses for me today (EKU & JMU)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Liberty beats App State and JMU in the same season....that will make their fans happy...

dwtime
November 29th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Congrats to Liberty they played a great 2nd half to take the lead but that late holding call on JMU was bogus and a huge game deciding call. You call that holding then you call holding on every single offensive play.

Bisonator
November 29th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Wow thought JMU would keep rolling but congrats Flames!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Congrats to Liberty!

Great win in a tough place to play on the road!

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Liberty beats App State and JMU in the same season....that will make their fans happy...

......and might solicit a comment from CitDog......

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Congrats to Liberty they played a great 2nd half to take the lead but that late holding call on JMU was bogus and a huge game deciding call. You call that holding then you call holding on every single offensive play.

Right but JMU didn't get called in that same drive for grounding and that was OBVIOUSLY grounding...

So whatever... They lost the game either way

- - - Updated - - -

......and might solicit a comment from CitDog......

You can bank on it...

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 29th, 2014, 07:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAH.

Congrats Liberty.

Drblankstare
November 29th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Congrats Liberty

knucklehead
November 29th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Got that right. What a game. So glad I was there. Go Flames

rokamortis
November 29th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Great game Flames. Keep it rolling.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Oh, JMU... It must not feel good to pay all that money to lose a home playoff game to a state rival.

We very much enjoyed our home game with Morgan State. Good luck in the offseason!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2014, 09:50 PM

at least i got one right

knucklehead
November 29th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Great game Flames. Keep it rolling.

Thanks ROK.. what a game. no voice left!

lknspider
November 29th, 2014, 10:03 PM

Kudos to ncvote who nailed this thread!!! Liberty's defense shut out JMU in the second half and stopped JMU on their final drive....great defensive effort!!