PDA

View Full Version : UNH or Nova

Mattymc727
November 24th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I guess this would be a question for Hen, Spider, or Tribe fans, but which team is better? I have this feeling that Nova is the better team, and has the better QB, but I cant prove it. The wildcats didnt play against eachother, so it will have to come down to common opponents.

UNH beat Richmond by 3, Nova lost by a point.

UNH beat W&M by 30 at home, Nova beat W&M by 4 on the road

UNH beat UD by 30 at home, Nova beat UD by 7 on the road.

Anyone have any input? common opponent scores lean towards UNH but I havent watched much Nova football.

bluehenbillk
November 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Nova definitely has the better QB but UNH is the better team IMO, especially on the defensive side of the ball & Nova is not very special on special teams. Their kicking game is one of FCS' worst.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2014, 11:38 AM
It's so close from the coaches on down. How about special teams?

I have 'Nova beating UNI the title game with UNI taking out UNH in the semi's.....

ngineer
November 24th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Nova definitely has the better QB but UNH is the better team IMO, especially on the defensive side of the ball & Nova is not very special on special teams. Their kicking game is one of FCS' worst.

Major achilles heel and not good in playoffs. Edge to UNH.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2014, 12:12 PM
20151......'NOVA PASS DEFENSE......IS UH PLAY-OFF ENDER.......HURLEY COODAH CHUCKED DUH PIGGY.....TA MICHAEL JOHNSON...ALL DAY.....xnodx..AWQ!

ur2k
November 24th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I guess this would be a question for Hen, Spider, or Tribe fans, but which team is better? I have this feeling that Nova is the better team, and has the better QB, but I cant prove it. The wildcats didnt play against eachother, so it will have to come down to common opponents.

UNH beat Richmond by 3, Nova lost by a point.

UNH beat W&M by 30 at home, Nova beat W&M by 4 on the road

UNH beat UD by 30 at home, Nova beat UD by 7 on the road.

Anyone have any input? common opponent scores lean towards UNH but I havent watched much Nova football.

UNH is better.

melloware13
November 24th, 2014, 02:00 PM
(Hen fan here, ignore avatar): Overall, UNH seems better, plus has playoff experience and gets to be at home through the semis (where as Nova would have to go to JSU and NDSU), so I'm more confident in them going farther. However, John Robertson still gives me nightmares, and can seem to take a game over when healthy.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2014, 02:24 PM
20154...IFIN' 'NOVA......GETS UH REPEAT...WHIFF DUH DUKIE-LOGS......TALLEY WILL BE IN DEEP WILDCAT DOO!......INCENTIVES FO' PAYBACKS...DUH HOTTEST SQWAD..IN FCS...&....VAD LEE...WHO CAN NOW HONE IN ON HIS TARGETS......CAIN'T SEE 'NOVA BEATIN' 'EM TWICE........&.......'NOVA MEANS...."NO GO"......IN SPANISH.....xtwocentsx....BRAWK!

CHIP72
November 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I personally think New Hampshire is better than Villanova, though not much better.

I have a bad feeling Villanova's kicking game will be its downfall in the playoffs.

MacThor
November 24th, 2014, 03:35 PM
UNH looked better to my lying eyes.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I've only seen NOVA play 1/2 a game vs W&M and the last QTR and OT against Syracuse so I'm not going to offer a UNH - NOVA opinion. I wanted to point out that while UNH, punting game has been excellent, the place kicker has missed a lot of extra points and short field goals. It's hard to believe NOVA's place kicking is even worse.

MacThor
November 24th, 2014, 04:21 PM
UNH beat UR with Michael Strauss.

Villanova lost to UR with Michael Rocco.

VUCats02
November 24th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I've only seen NOVA play 1/2 a game vs W&M and the last QTR and OT against Syracuse so I'm not going to offer a UNH - NOVA opinion. I wanted to point out that while UNH, punting game has been excellent, the place kicker has missed a lot of extra points and short field goals. It's hard to believe NOVA's place kicking is even worse.

Nova could be undefeated right now if it was not for a missed 25 yard field goal against cuse and a missed XP against Richmond. They have worst kicking situation in all of football in the land...all levels.

Gordon Shumway
November 24th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I'm continually amazed as to why UNH even attempts an extra point. They might as well go for 2 after every TD. Without going back through the whole season, I bet their conversion rate is better on 2-pointers than kicks. xlolx

CHIP72
November 24th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Nova could be undefeated right now if it was not for a missed 25 yard field goal against cuse and a missed XP against Richmond. They have worst kicking situation in all of football in the land...all levels.

I'm sure many Division III and some Division II teams have worse kickers than Villanova, but the Wildcats' kicking game is subpar by Division I-AA/FCS standards, much less by Division I-AA/FCS playoff team or national championship contender standards.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2014, 06:07 PM
UNH is better.

As much as it pains me to say it, JMU might be better than both currently.