PDA

View Full Version : WE GOT SCREWED!

Grizzlies82
November 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Just thought I'd get this thread in place for those who feel their team / conference didn't...

Get the seed they deserved.
Get the respect it deserved.
Get the bracket they deserved...

Carry on. xsmiley_wix

tribefan40
November 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
They didn't let us in with no quality wins! Ridiculous! Tough to see that one more win would have got us richmond's draw. Should be a workable road for the ticks to get curb stomped in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Should be 1 seed but I like our side of the bracket.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
Should be 1 seed but I like our side of the bracket.
This^ Although my hate for UNI may supersede that.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
We should have been a 1 or 2 seed. I want to go to all of the game.

Mattymc727
November 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
UNH got screwed, we should have been better than the 1 seed.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
UNH got screwed, we should have been better than the 1 seed.
Just be glad you don't come to Fargo. BTW please beat UNI for us.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
They didn't let us in with no quality wins! Ridiculous! Tough to see that one more win would have got us richmond's draw. Should be a workable road for the ticks to get curb stomped in Fargo.

You lost to all 4 CAA teams that got-in. W&M has a great football legacy, but I don't think they have a legitimate gripe this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
Although I'm mostly disappointed we don't get to embarrass Chattanooga. That falls to someone else.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 10:59 AM

We won't get there unless Montana comes to us. A trip to Cheney or Missoula ends our season, if we don't blow it sooner.

dwtime
November 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
We got screwed in the selection show coverage, Liberty and CCU got coverage both from the same conference and neither a top 4 seed.....

tribefan40
November 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
You lost to all 4 CAA teams that got-in. W&M has a great football legacy, but I don't think they have a legitimate gripe this year.

Sense the sarcasm dude.... Just needed one more, couldn't get it done. Good luck with the draw, committee didn't do ya'll any favors.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
We won't get there unless Montana comes to us. A trip to Cheney or Missoula ends our season, if we don't blow it sooner.
Your defense has carried you. If your offense can get better, I don't know who in FCS can stop you.

Mattymc727
November 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM

You aren't excited for the 2005 rematch in Durham for the semifinals?????

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
MVC and CAA can't gripe both got plenty of teams.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
You aren't excited for the 2005 rematch in Durham for the semifinals?????

No, because I have other plans. I was hoping to come for the quarters. :(

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Sense the sarcasm dude.... Just needed one more, couldn't get it done. Good luck with the draw, committee didn't do ya'll any favors.

Thanks. There is no easy path to the Championship game, but I think UNH's is as good as any. You could make a case for the Number 2 Seed's route easier in possible Semi-finals match-ups. The toughest quarters bracket is the one with UNI, Ill ST., and EWU.

Texas
November 23rd, 2014, 11:29 AM
http://cdn.oneherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Little_Herd_Bib_Yellow.jpg

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
LOL

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
We start em young here. Why do you think the Dome is so loud? How are you making fun of us?

marenlee
November 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM

I have a very similar one for my daugher. Does SHSU sell orange/white diapers?

X-Factor
November 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM

Nope. Only runner-up t-shirts

SIUSalukiFan
November 23rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
MVC and CAA can't gripe both got plenty of teams.

Yup. It'll be a nice to get a 12-month break from that discussion. xlolx

Southern Bison
November 23rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
No...those are reserved for players' uniforms.

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2014, 12:08 PM
Where did all the South Dakota 'Yote fans go?

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Where did all the South Dakota 'Yote fans go?
Haven't seen them for a while. Terry Allen to USD?

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Gotta feel for SDSU...tough to know that their playoff hopes will typically lead through Fargo. :D

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Haven't seen them for a while. Terry Allen to USD?

I don't think so. I think Yote fans feel like next year they are going to make a push for the playoffs...Maybe even an MVFC title.

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Gotta feel for SDSU...tough to know that their playoff hopes will typically lead through Fargo. :D

Expected tho. It is what it is.

jmrepak
November 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
I'm disappointed we don't get another shot at Liberty and after all we did last year to earn a fair shake they still put us on a crappy travel/away schedule (and by they I know we did it to ourselves). Richmond will beat Morgan St and will not be a cupcake in Conway, but why Fargo again? While I think we are better this year than last and they are still great but not quite where they were, every team will struggle to keep up in the Fargo Dome. Damn it.

OldKat95
November 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Nope. Only runner-up t-shirts

OUCH!!! Thats both true and hysteric at the same time! Well played!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUSR
November 23rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
I will just drop this off in here:

(SportsNetwork.com) - Even on the day his New Hampshire football team became the nation's top-ranked team two weeks ago, coach Sean McDonnell conceded something about the team they replaced at No. 1, North Dakota State.
"They're the best team in the country," McDonnell said.

I like the #2 side better. :)

Rjones61
November 23rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
I think EWU deserved the #3 seed, but that is just my opinion. I know AGS was pretty split down the middle on who got that seed, so I'm sure the selection was pretty close. I really like our side of the bracket. I think Illinois State is going to be the hardest match on the way to Frisco. Watching UNH vs Maine, I really wasn't that impressed with UNH. Can't wait for playoff football to start!

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think so. I think Yote fans feel like next year they are going to make a push for the playoffs...Maybe even an MVFC title.
Yup...

Can't wait for yote53 to come back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2014, 02:25 PM

We'll be happy to take care of that.xcoolx

cpalum
November 23rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Cal Poly didn't deserve to be there ....a weird year for teh Mustangs for sure lots of highs and lows.

My Thoughts

1. NDSU should have been a #1 seed

2. Look for Montana to beat San Diego like nobody has been beaten before

3. Go Eagles, Go Bobcats and Go Griz

Big Sky will be better next year

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2014, 02:37 PM

Some of them thought that was this year....xlolx

stevdock
November 23rd, 2014, 02:59 PM
No disrespect here at all to any of the teams in the playoffs. I don't see anyone that didn't deserve the nod. You could argue Indy. St. in there but there resume was still really good at 7-5. I do think that the New Hampshire bracket is way tougher than the other half. If you look back at the beginning of the year, I think just about every title contender except for NDSU is in the top half.

Now I think NDSU should have been #1, but did the committee give NDSU the "easier" bracket to ensure big gates?? Our first game is already sold out of the first wave of tickets. Now season ticket holders and students get to decide if any other tickets go up for sale.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
No disrespect here at all to any of the teams in the playoffs. I don't see anyone that didn't deserve the nod. You could argue Indy. St. in there but there resume was still really good at 7-5. I do think that the New Hampshire bracket is way tougher than the other half. If you look back at the beginning of the year, I think just about every title contender except for NDSU is in the top half.

Now I think NDSU should have been #1, but did the committee give NDSU the "easier" bracket to ensure big gates?? Our first game is already sold out of the first wave of tickets. Now season ticket holders and students get to decide if any other tickets go up for sale.

If SDSU wins, they will be a tough game the second time around. CC, if they win will be another beat down for the Bison, CC does not match up well against the Bison. JSU could be a good game but I like NDSU's draw.

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Some of them thought that was this year....xlolx

Exactly.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM
If SDSU wins, they will be a tough game the second time around. CC, if they win will be another beat down for the Bison, CC does not match up well against the Bison. JSU could be a good game but I like NDSU's draw.

If both of us make it to the semis, it is a good thing the winner will have time off before the title game to recover. Slobber-knocker is the term that comes to mind...

...but first things first, we have to get past SELA/SHSU + Nova/JMU/Liberty. All are winnable games, but they are all quality programs. I think you guys have a cakewalk to the semis. Montana State/SDSU = game to see who loses to NDSU by 3+ TD's, and CCU does not match up well against NDSU - at all.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 03:19 PM
I think EWU deserved the #3 seed, but that is just my opinion. I know AGS was pretty split down the middle on who got that seed, so I'm sure the selection was pretty close. I really like our side of the bracket. I think Illinois State is going to be the hardest match on the way to Frisco. Watching UNH vs Maine, I really wasn't that impressed with UNH. Can't wait for playoff football to start!

If both UNH and EWU manage to get to the the Semi-finals and you get to come to Durham, we'll try to impress you a little more.

MacThor
November 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
You all are assuming CCU advances to the quarterfinals. CCU lost to only playoff-caliber team on their schedule (at home), and Richmond (Dr. Jekyll version) is better than that team (and beat them on the road).

URMite
November 23rd, 2014, 03:22 PM

We thought it already had!

The Ville
November 23rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
I have no problem with our seed, side of bracket, etc. I don't really care for people that whine about what they get, if you're the best you'll beat anyone...

But I'd like to give a shoutout to ESPN for giving JSU (the #3 national seed that has won 10-straight games only losing to Michigan State to open the year) all of 2 minutes of airtime in which 1:30 of that time was spent talking about how the Gamecocks failed to beat anyone except they did mention we beat EKU. How about three road wins vs ranked teams this season including a win at #8 seeded Chattanooga where the Mocs got their first first down of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

WestCoastAggie
November 23rd, 2014, 06:30 PM
The committee got it right this year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 23rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
Not enough MVFC teams...

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Lehigh got too much consideration

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm waiting to see if LU actually got outbid. If now.....Thread title.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 08:25 PM
Ate they hosting...

That answers your question, period

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 08:26 PM

does Liberty have enough funds to bid?

BucBisonAtLarge
November 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM

Do NCAA rules get the visitors more than those 100 seats in the corner of the Dome that NDSU allots usually?

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
Do NCAA rules get the visitors more than those 100 seats in the corner of the Dome that NDSU allots usually?

How do you know what the allotment is?

URMite
November 23rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
does Liberty have enough funds to bid?

I wouldn't be surprised if they have more funds then Notre Dame...

URMite
November 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM

I think he means regular season games.

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
I think he means regular season games.

I know.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 23rd, 2014, 08:50 PM

NDSU/YSU October, 2012. I sat in the YSU section. I didn't count precisely... it was an estimate and YSU was coming an awfully long way. We came from the other direction.

I was asking because I thought SDSU could travel well.

Hammerhead
November 23rd, 2014, 09:06 PM

Visiting teams are given 500 seats between the 30 yard lines behind the visitor's bench.
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/PreChamp_D1_Football_2014-15_Revised2.pdf

BucBisonAtLarge
November 23rd, 2014, 09:12 PM
Visiting teams are given 500 seats between the 30 yard lines behind the visitor's bench.
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/PreChamp_D1_Football_2014-15_Revised2.pdf

Thanks! That's a step up from the regular season.

CappinHard
November 23rd, 2014, 09:38 PM
I think you guys have a cakewalk to the semis. Montana State/SDSU = game to see who loses to NDSU by 3+ TD's, and CCU does not match up well against NDSU - at all.

Take it easy... Just count your blessings that SDSU didn't get matched up against SELA, because you would be one and done if that was the case. Tune in when SDSU plays NDSU on the 6th and I think you'll decide that your comment was a bit overstated.

kalm
November 23rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
I have no problem with our seed, side of bracket, etc. I don't really care for people that whine about what they get, if you're the best you'll beat anyone...

But I'd like to give a shoutout to ESPN for giving JSU (the #3 national seed that has won 10-straight games only losing to Michigan State to open the year) all of 2 minutes of airtime in which 1:30 of that time was spent talking about how the Gamecocks failed to beat anyone except they did mention we beat EKU. How about three road wins vs ranked teams this season including a win at #8 seeded Chattanooga where the Mocs got their first first down of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I'm counting two wins against ranked teams.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 10:01 PM
Take it easy... Just count your blessings that SDSU didn't get matched up against SELA, because you would be one and done if that was the case. Tune in when SDSU plays NDSU on the 6th and I think you'll decide that your comment was a bit overstated.
SDSU would lose by 3 TDs to JSU, too.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:03 PM

More elitist speak... they beat you by 3TD's the first time, and you had less than 100 yards rushing. They had almost 300. With all the flashy, pass-happy offenses running around, stop the run + establish the run is still the way to win championships. Nothing from the first game leads me to believe that a second game will be more competitive. They had more yards rushing than you had total offense.

The one and done hyperbole is not realistic. You can't stop strong rushing attacks, and your offense is underwhelming. I think we would beat you about like Illinois State did. SDSU fans talking trash is kind of funny. In the dictionary next to the entry for "mediocrity," there is a picture of a Jackrabbit.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:15 PM
More elitist speak... they beat you by 3TD's the first time, and you had less than 100 yards rushing. They had almost 300. With all the flashy, pass-happy offenses running around, stop the run + establish the run is still the way to win championships. Nothing from the first game leads me to believe that a second game will be more competitive. They had more yards rushing than you had total offense.

The one and done hyperbole is not realistic. You can't stop strong rushing attacks, and your offense is underwhelming. I think we would beat you about like Illinois State did. SDSU fans talking trash is kind of funny. In the dictionary next to the entry for "mediocrity," there is a picture of a Jackrabbit.

You do realize that SDSU beat UNI...at UNI.

That same UNI team that curb stomped NDSU...right?

semobison
November 23rd, 2014, 10:22 PM

While I do think JSU showed us they had something last year in the playoffs and look good this year so far, don't get carried away. Those mediocre SDSU Jackrabbits pounded the OVC champ EIU 58-10 two years ago in a Valley-OVC playoff matchup!

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
You do realize that SDSU beat UNI...at UNI.

That same UNI team that curb stomped NDSU...right?

Ah, the transitive property of football!

...and Illinois State curb stomped SDSU!... and lost to UNI, who lost to Indiana State, who lost to SIU, who lost to Purdue, who lost to Central Michigan, who lost to Central Michigan, who lost to Ball State, who lost to UMass, who lost to Miami of Ohio, who lost to EKU, who lost to JSU!

Transitive property does not work in football.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Ah, the transitive property of football!

...and Illinois State curb stomped SDSU!... and lost to UNI, who lost to Indiana State, who lost to SIU, who lost to Purdue, who lost to Central Michigan, who lost to Central Michigan, who lost to Ball State, who lost to UMass, who lost to Miami of Ohio, who lost to EKU, who lost to JSU!

Transitive property does not work in football.
Yet you're using it with SDSU losing to NDSU meaning they'd lose to JSU...

You see the irony in that one?

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:34 PM
While I do think JSU showed us they had something last year in the playoffs and look good this year so far, don't get carried away. Those mediocre SDSU Jackrabbits pounded the OVC champ EIU 58-10 two years ago in a Valley-OVC playoff matchup!

...and SDSU was 5-6 in 2010 and 2011. None of that has any bearing on this season... but SDSU is a historically mediocre team, I don't care what conference they currently reside in.

KUlawJack
November 23rd, 2014, 10:38 PM
...and SDSU was 5-6 in 2010 and 2011. None of that has any bearing on this season... but SDSU is a historically mediocre team, I don't care what conference they currently reside in.

We've made the playoffs 4 of the last 6 years playing in the MVFC. I'd say we've improved the program and we are only investing more into it.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 10:39 PM
We may have got the opposite of screwed.

stevdock
November 23rd, 2014, 10:56 PM

If they were in the OVC they might have like a 60 game winning streak by now. Ok that's a stretch but they probably win your league every year.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 PM

No irony, and no transitive property employed. I have looked at the stats of every game SDSU played. They have a mediocre defense against the run, and we are arguably the best running team in the country who's stats are not built on being a wishbone team. If they put 8+ in the box, we will are capable of throwing for 300 yards. Our low water mark of the season in total offense against FCS teams was over 400 yards, and we have 4 games over 600 yards.

The word you are looking for is not irony. If I was doing the same thing he was doing, it wouldn't be irony, it would be hypocrisy...

CappinHard
November 24th, 2014, 12:16 AM
...I have looked at the stats of every game SDSU played.

You should have mentioned this sooner. Now I know that you know everything about SDSU's games...

Did the stats show you that SDSU's starting qb got injured in the first game of the season and his first game back was against NDSU and he could barely run in that game? Did the stats show that SDSU was leading NDSU at half and was within 3 early in the 4th? Check the stats from the last 3 games of the season (the only games with our starting qb healthy).

...Our low water mark of the season in total offense against FCS teams was over 400 yards, and we have 4 games over 600 yards.

SDSU could probably claim that too if they had a schedule like JSU did.

Big_Fan
November 24th, 2014, 12:31 AM
You should have mentioned this sooner. Now I know that you know everything about SDSU's games...

Did the stats show you that SDSU's starting qb got injured in the first game of the season and his first game back was against NDSU and he could barely run in that game? Did the stats show that SDSU was leading NDSU at half and was within 3 early in the 4th? Check the stats from the last 3 games of the season (the only games with our starting qb healthy).

SDSU could probably claim that too if they had a schedule like JSU did.

You guys are so funny with your MVFC love fest.

In the MVFC you have NDSU...

...A half-dozen who can be equivalent to EIU/JSU/EKU's on any given year.

...And a bunch of UT-Martins and Tennessee Techs.

The only team with any hardware since Clinton was in office is NDSU. Other than NDSU, nobody has made a final since then. SDSU got second round curb-stomped the past two seasons, and suddenly you are a power (because big brother is so good!) The reality is, you guys are UT-Martin-lite.

A lot of conferences have good teams. SDSU would be in the upper half of the OVC. That is about it. Too bad we don't play you... to be honest, I think we would win by 30. Your starting QB doesn't play defense. There are a couple of teams in the MVFC that would be tough games for us, but SDSU isn't one of them.

NDSUSR
November 24th, 2014, 12:47 AM

Virgins are always happy to have any date..... Short lived, but welcome to the playoffs.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2014, 12:48 AM

The only team with any hardware since Clinton was in office is NDSU. Other than NDSU, nobody has made a final since then. SDSU got second round curb-stomped the past two seasons, and suddenly you are a power (because big brother is so good!) The reality is, you guys are UT-Martin-lite.

A lot of conferences have good teams. SDSU would be in the upper half of the OVC. That is about it. Too bad we don't play you... to be honest, I think we would win by 30. Your starting QB doesn't play defense. There are a couple of teams in the MVFC that would be tough games for us, but SDSU isn't one of them.

So you are going to beat SDSU by more than Mizzou beat them?

NDSUSR
November 24th, 2014, 12:49 AM

I lol.. Clenz you are 1 of 1. Mold was broken. Maybe by mistake, maybe on purpose. But I always enjoy your posts.

CappinHard
November 24th, 2014, 01:15 AM
The reality is, you guys are UT-Martin-lite.

That is rich coming from a team that has made the playoffs 5 times in 19 years of D1-AA. SDSU has made it 4 times in 7 years of D1-AA. UT-Martin has 1 post season birth... Awesome comparison...

Being consistently in the top half of the MVFC is much more difficult than being relevant in the OVC. As much as you hate to admit it, it's just the way it is.

NDSUSR
November 24th, 2014, 01:20 AM
That is rich coming from a team that has made the playoffs 5 times in 19 years of D1-AA. SDSU has made it 4 times in 7 years of D1-AA. UT-Martin has 1 post season birth... Awesome comparison...

Being consistently in the top half the MVFC is much more difficult than being relevant in the OVC. As much as you hate to admit it, it's just the way it is.

****in A man ****in A..

citdog
November 24th, 2014, 03:47 AM

Southern Speed

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 07:01 AM

This is hilarious considering the last team currently in the OVC that made a championship game was in 1982. I am also curious if you are saying that no team other than NDSU from the MVFC has made the championship since Clinton was in office? Because if that is the case you are wrong considering UNI was in the championship in 2005. I am no historian, but I am positive Bush was in office at that point.

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 07:07 AM
No irony, and no transitive property employed. I have looked at the stats of every game SDSU played. They have a mediocre defense against the run, and we are arguably the best running team in the country who's stats are not built on being a wishbone team. If they put 8+ in the box, we will are capable of throwing for 300 yards. Our low water mark of the season in total offense against FCS teams was over 400 yards, and we have 4 games over 600 yards.

The word you are looking for is not irony. If I was doing the same thing he was doing, it wouldn't be irony, it would be hypocrisy...
You do realize the type of talent that the MVFC has at running back...right? It's not just Zenner running the ball up here

Season yards (YPC)
1683 (6.2 ypc)
1425 (2.3 ypc)
1353 (5.5 ypc)
1320 (5.1 ypc)
1265 (5.1 ypc)

That's 3 of the top 10 in the nation and 5 of the top 14

SDSU played every single one of those backs this year...in conference play alone. There was only 3 teams in the conference that can say they could hold all of those down...well that's even tough to tell as ISUr and NDSU didn't play each other and they average 241 and 235 per game running (both over 430 per game in offense...oh, as is SDSU who was without one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the league for 85% of their season)

Yeah, some MVFC guys are over the top, but the fact is the 5th or 6th place MVFC team this year is probably top 2 in every conference except the MVFC, CAA and Big Sky...

I don't "doubt" JSU right now, per say. I do very, very, much question the OVC and the quality of wins they have. The stats are nice to "boast" about but doing it against the OVC is like bragging about beating your 8 year old niece at a game of 1 on 1.

To say that The MVFC has a half dozen EIU and UTM's...hahahaha...holy ****. EIU left the Gateway because they got sick of losing. They have a 44% win % against the MVFC - the conference they were in. The only teams they have a winning record against are Indiana State and MSU (the two worst MVFC programs, traditionally).

UT-Martin? Please.

The OVC has 1 that is about SDSU/SIU quality then a bunch that are WIU/MSU...you know, the 7th and 8th place MVFC teams almost every year.

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 07:09 AM
This is hilarious considering the last team currently in the OVC that made a championship game was in 1982. I am also curious if you are saying that no team other than NDSU from the MVFC has made the championship since Clinton was in office? Because if that is the case you are wrong considering UNI was in the championship in 2005. I am no historian, but I am positive Bush was in office at that point.
Oh...and SIU and UNI both have semi-final appearances, quarter final appearances...

The OVC has 3 playoff wins since 1999 (all last year - 1 against the PFL and 1 against another OVC team) and they think they are king **** now... It's awesomely sad to see

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2014, 07:31 AM

Western Kentucky won the 2002 Championship as a conference member.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM
xpopcornx

kalm
November 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM
What's the OVC's record against the MVFC this year?

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Western Kentucky won the 2002 Championship as a conference member.
1997 YSU - even it is has a * next to it because of Cheater Vest

HIU 93
November 24th, 2014, 07:59 AM
What's up guys? I haven't been here in ages. As the old schoolers know, I am a MEAC fan. What I can't figure out is how in the blue blazes did Morgan get in over A&T, who had a better record than Morgan and BEAT Morgan. Anybody a little more familiar with this new format got any ideas?

RabidRabbit
November 24th, 2014, 08:06 AM
What's up guys? I haven't been here in ages. As the old schoolers know, I am a MEAC fan. What I can't figure out is how in the blue blazes did Morgan get in over A&T, who had a better record than Morgan and BEAT Morgan. Anybody a little more familiar with this new format got any ideas?

Long time no see HIU 93. Great thread about the MEAC AQ this season. Catch up reading for ya. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?164843-MEAC-Title-Possibilities&highlight=MEAC+Auto

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2014, 08:10 AM

Since the only out of conference team to beat a MVFC team was Montana, I'll bet it's an 0-fer

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2014, 08:15 AM

Like maybe 6-0? in favor of the MVFC

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Like maybe 6-0? in favor of the MVFC

Finally looked it up. 0 for 6.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Lets not forget that ISUb and MoSt are such because they play in the MVFC (MSU less than ISUb). If we got to play high schools all year we sure as hell wouldnt have lost that many games.

World
November 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
What?

No Ivy League teams in the playoffs?

Not fair

Columbia would have run the table

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2014, 10:05 AM
The OVC has 3 playoff wins since 1999 (all last year - 1 against the PFL and 1 against another OVC team) and they think they are king **** now... It's awesomely sad to see

3 playoff wins since 1999....now you're describing Western ;) ...although ours were against Eastern Illinois (w/ Tony Romo), Montana (in Missoula), and Coastal Carolina (in Conway).

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 10:40 AM
3 playoff wins since 1999....now you're describing Western ;) ...although ours were against Eastern Illinois (w/ Tony Romo), Montana (in Missoula), and Coastal Carolina (in Conway).

Wait a MVFC team beat an OVC team in the playoffs? That can't happen because MVFC teams never do anything in the playoffs unless they are NDSU xrolleyesx

Panther-State
November 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM

How did you guys beat Montana? Please email Mark Farley immediately with this info because he could definitely use it. If not for this year then for the inevitable trips to Missoula in the future that we always have to make.

Kemo
November 24th, 2014, 11:32 AM

This is great.

I'd love to hear your revised opinion on the matter in a couple weeks, however, I'm sure you'll be in exile for the crime of embarrassing yourself.

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2014, 12:10 PM
How did you guys beat Montana? Please email Mark Farley immediately with this info because he could definitely use it. If not for this year then for the inevitable trips to Missoula in the future that we always have to make.

If your guys, and our guys, each cooperate in their next two games we could have another game in Missoula in three weeks.
I've caught two of the previous No. Iowa playoff games. If it happens I may have to drive to Missoula to make this one too.

ST_Lawson
November 24th, 2014, 12:12 PM

Well, it took probably the 2nd best QB we've ever had (Russ Michna (http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/aflsbc/mtt/russ_michna_845104.html)), the best WR we've ever had (Reggie Gray (http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/aflrush/mtt/gray_reggie00.html)), 2nd best RB we've ever had (Travis Glasford), probably the best placekicker we've ever had (Justin Langan (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/2003-11-12-two-sport-langan_x.htm)), and 2 overtimes to beat them by 3 points (43-40) at their place that year.....so....it wasn't easy.

Panther-State
November 24th, 2014, 12:48 PM
If your guys, and our guys, each cooperate in their next two games we could have another game in Missoula in three weeks.
I've caught two of the previous No. Iowa playoff games. If it happens I may have to drive to Missoula to make this one too.

I'm hoping if that were the case, UNI had outbid Montana and it would be in CF. Not sure if that information is public other than who bid more for the upcoming match-ups.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm hoping if that were the case, UNI had outbid Montana and it would be in CF. Not sure if that information is public other than who bid more for the upcoming match-ups.

Not sure how you'd manage that with a venue that holds 10,000 fewer than ours...

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Not sure how you'd manage that with a venue that holds 10,000 fewer than ours...
We wouldn't...unless one of our big donors got a hair up his ass and wanted to donate about 200K on top of the bid.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Well, it took probably the 2nd best QB we've ever had (Russ Michna (http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/aflsbc/mtt/russ_michna_845104.html)), the best WR we've ever had (Reggie Gray (http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/aflrush/mtt/gray_reggie00.html)), 2nd best RB we've ever had (Travis Glasford), probably the best placekicker we've ever had (Justin Langan (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/2003-11-12-two-sport-langan_x.htm)), and 2 overtimes to beat them by 3 points (43-40) at their place that year.....so....it wasn't easy.

It really was a hell of a battle. Tough team, and the OT's can take it out of a guy...just sitting in the stands. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM

Not being a dick but UNI can not outbid Montana but if Montana tried to short a bid (doubtful) then it's possible. Of course if someone had some outside money backing them then anything could happen.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 03:07 PM
We wouldn't...unless one of our big donors got a hair up his ass and wanted to donate about 200K on top of the bid.

The NCAA is going to be grabbing between 1/2 & 3/4 million on ticket sales from Montana in the first game so I wonder what it would take on the bid or if they even have a chance to turn down a bid and take the lower one?

Cocky
November 24th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Isnt the bid a minimum?

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Isnt the bid a minimum?
No.

There is a minimum bid, but if you are only bidding the mid you might as well not bid.

If you are a seed, as long as you meet the min you will host. If you don't bid at all you'll be on the road, even as a seed.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I thought it was 30k for round 1. Id say EKU won with a $30,001 bid over us

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 06:50 PM

Sounds about right from what it's been in the past. Haven't paid much attention to what the minimums are lately.

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I was under the impression they just took all the highest bids and made them home teams. You guys are talking like they they set the bracket and then just look at the two teams.

Bisonoline
November 24th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Isnt the bid a minimum?

Site Selection
With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
 First round – $30,000
 Second round – $30,000
 Quarterfinal – $40,000
 Semifinal – $50,000
2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top five seeded teams.

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I was under the impression they just took all the highest bids and made them home teams. You guys are talking like they they set the bracket and then just look at the two teams.

That's exactly how it works.

Why the **** would you think otherwise?

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2014, 08:59 PM
That's exactly how it works.

Why the **** would you think otherwise?

Ummm because they could make more money if they did it the other way, and because neither team may meet the bid. Also the bids are blind aren't they? You guys are also making it sound like teams are bidding against each other.

SIUSalukiFan
November 24th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ummm because they could make more money if they did it the other way, and because neither team may meet the bid. Also the bids are blind aren't they? You guys are also making it sound like teams are bidding against each other.

They are.

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2014, 09:04 PM
They are.

The bids were do before the bracket was evenn chosen. They have no idea who they are playing or who bid what, or in some cases if they are even in the field.

SIUSalukiFan
November 24th, 2014, 09:07 PM
The bids were do before the bracket was evenn chosen. They have no idea who they are playing or who bid what, or in some cases if they are even in the field.

True, but, they are bidding against each other.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 09:14 PM

That is what they do. Bids are not opened until after the pairings are made. It is a competition between only the two teams for the game.

stevdock
November 24th, 2014, 09:20 PM

What would happen if neither team bid the minimum??

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 09:37 PM
What would happen if neither team bid the minimum??

I'm sure they would just place it at the location that would bring the most ticket sales. If that place refused then the second team, if they refused I wonder what the NCAA would do?

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I'm sure they would just place it at the location that would bring the most ticket sales. If that place refused then the second team, if they refused I wonder what the NCAA would do?
My thoughts as well... Then treat it like a minimum bid

Walkon79
November 24th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Just glad we got in after Saturday's performance. Also would be great to finally give the Bison their game in Fargo. Looking ahead, I know :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Well we ain't got **** for money and we put in a bid so. Does anyone know for fact that anyone has not bid the min that had a place to play the game?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Well we ain't got **** for money and we put in a bid so. Does anyone know for fact that anyone has not bid the min that had a place to play the game?

No, I waswondering aloud so to speak with that one. I know Georgia Southern forgot to hand in a bid back in like 2007 or so but their opponent did and their opponent got the game...other than that I couldn't tell ya.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2014, 12:53 AM

Me too. Carpool?

EKU Toss Sweep
November 25th, 2014, 06:03 AM

At the risk of kicking off a ----strorm, I haven't seen the actual bid, it is my understanding that EKU bid well over $30,001 for the first round. Not anything that would compete with Montana, UNI, Liberty, JMU and some of the others, but a number that is certainly competitive with the rest. Even with only 3,000 or 4,000 in the stands, it's not a huge stretch to bid above the minimum.

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I'm going to assume they pay all the expenses for both teams (meals, travel, hotels) then add the venue expenses (security, staff) then pay the officials (7x $1000-$1500 maybe although since they come from out of conference there may be more travel expenses) maybe?

Im wondering what a break even point would be for games in most places, throwing out places that might be more expensive.

Anyway, I honestly dont know how much ISUb's bid was but we have a lot of things going against us when it comes to our bid package

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Speaking of bids...nice to see that James Madison actually submitted one. :D I suppose that is a mistake you only make once as an AD.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2014, 09:23 AM

Then they would schedule it on a Monday night in Detroit (if the Lions aren't playing).