PDA

View Full Version : The Bracket

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2014, 10:21 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

The link seems to down right now but guessing it'll be back up soon.

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2014.pdf

chattownmocs
November 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Hahaha. Just need someone to take care of EWU and we will do the rest. Hellooooo friscoooo

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2014, 10:29 AM
Hahaha. Just need simeone tovtake care of EWU and we will do the rest. Hellooooo friscoooo

lol.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
serious question, is there one of the top 8 seeds that has a win against a top ten team?

UNI has two...in the top 5

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Hahaha. Just need someone to take care of EWU and we will do the rest. Hellooooo friscoooo

You're going to be out after your first game.

MTfan4life
November 23rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
Eastern Kentucky gets a home game again. What are the chances they bring more than 2,400 this time? xsmhx

Nickels
November 23rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
LOVE this bracket

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Eastern Kentucky gets a home game again. What are the chances they bring more than 2,400 this time? xsmhx

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM

Better than the chances of the Sycamores bringing that many.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
I really like Joe Moglia, easy to see why he's a great coach.

kalm
November 23rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
serious question, is there one of the top 8 seeds that has a win against a top ten team?

We have 4 wins against top 25 teams.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM

awesome, this time answer the question. Any top 10 wins? top 5?

Also, Joe Moglia, wow. What an interview.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM

JSU beat Chattanooga.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
One of the worst bracket jobs EVER in I-AA/FCS history. Poor job by the committee.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Selection show, "players to watch". No David Johnson, "teams that could maybe knock off NDSU" no Northern Iowa talk....

unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

JSU beat Chattanooga.

Thank you, I wasn't sure.

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
One of the worst bracket jobs EVER in I-AA/FCS history. Poor job by the committee.

Sorry App St didn't make it this year.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Tough sale here on Thanksgiving weekend, won't lie. But we made the bid,we get the game. That's the way it is.
GO EKU!

tribefan40
November 23rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
UNH v ewu/uni and ndsu v nova/JMU will be fun to watch...

centennial
Sorry App St didn't make it this year.
They aren't even a top 30 FCS team. Liberty beat them lol. Georgia Southern would be possibly the best FCS team this year.

IBleedYellow
Selection show, "players to watch". No David Johnson, "teams that could maybe knock off NDSU" no Northern Iowa talk....

unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a lot of teams to get through to actually play NDSU. See you in Frisco.

kalm
November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 AM
awesome, this time answer the question. Any top 10 wins? top 5?

Also, Joe Moglia, wow. What an interview.

Thanks! And no!

It's a great feather in your cap.

We also don't have 4 losses.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM

unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

dont feel too bad ESPN doesn't know either.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM

Better than the chances of the Sycamores bringing that many.

tjamz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 AM

For those that don't want to click an external link

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2014, 10:58 AM

Maybe if they offer a free Oxycodone with each ticket sold...

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
BeatJMU

veinup
November 23rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
BeatJMU

good luck

MarkCCU
November 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM

Right? The guy can motivate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Maybe if they offer a free Oxycodone with each ticket sold...
Now that's a real dumb azzed thing to say. Stereotyping and you have no clue where EKU is located obviously, other than in Kentucky.

Drblankstare
November 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
There's some heavy hitters in that EWU cluster, wow. Interesting to see who makes it out of that mess.

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2014, 11:11 AM
Now that's a real dumb azzed thing to say. Stereotyping and you have no clue where EKU is located obviously, other than in Kentucky.

Actually, I lived in Louisville for 4 years. And I have owned a nationwide drug testing company for 10. I'm pretty certain it would be a packed house.

SIUSalukiFan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Actually, I lived in Louisville for 4 years. And I have owned a nationwide drug testing company for 10. I'm pretty certain it would be a packed house.

Then, take one of your drug tests and quit resorting to BS stereotypes.

CHIP72
November 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
I'm a little surprised the Villanova round of 16 game doesn't start until 4:30 PM ET rather than 3:30 PM or 4:00 PM. I'll have to adjust my Amtrak ticket, and also think about what I want to do between the end of Temple/La Salle basketball around 2 PM and the beginning of the Villanova football game at 4:30 PM (besides take SEPTA out to Villanova from University City).

UNI Pike
November 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Its all data based. South Florida sells it, WV, KY, southern OH, TN and GA consumes it. In Caborndale, it more MJ and Meth.

SIUSalukiFan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
The geographics suck, as always.

Seed the entire field 1-24 and better seed always hosts - no matter where the schools involved are located.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM

They sort of screwed the MEAC, I'm surprised that one of BC-U or NC A&T didn't get an at large.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM
Its all data based. South Florida sells it, WV, KY, southern OH, TN and GA consumes it. In Caborndale, it more MJ and Meth.
Who sells who buys. Who smokes it and who has made it legal. Has nothing to do with this. Take your smack elsewhere. Talk football not unoriginal, over worked cliches.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
They sort of screwed the MEAC, I'm surprised that one of BC-U or NC A&T didn't get an at large.
Not really. MEAC has no business as an at large.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Then, take one of your drug tests and quit resorting to BS stereotypes.

Oofda some people are touchy. Stereotypes exist for reasons most of the time

dewey
November 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM

Off the top of my head.

NDSU beat a top ten ranked Montana team.
Jacksonville State beat the 8th seeded Chattanooga team.

Dewey

MacThor
November 23rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
The geographics suck, as always.

Seed the entire field 1-24 and better seed always hosts - no matter where the schools involved are located.

Apparently the NCAA pairs geographically for every sport's championship (after the seeds).

I think the NBA and NHL playoffs suck in the respect they always pair an Eastern team vs a Western team in the final, but they're never going to change it.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Still not sure why it's at UNI but I'm fine with it now. Although, I'd bet if w&m won last night they are @ lu. Committee didn't want to send ur to LU after they beat us earlier in th year. Pretty sure JMU didn't outbid LU though. Who knows. There are more factors than bids though and JMU is both higher ranked and has drawn more than LU this year I believe.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:52 AM
Not when you associate a University, their fans and alumni with a stereotype that has absolutely nothing to do with them anymore than it does any other university in the US! All this is BS and belongs on the smack board if anywhere. Call me touchy, I don't give a flying****. That's what people say"touchy" when they are called out on BS they throw out, you know it, I know it.

hebmskebm
November 23rd, 2014, 11:52 AM
The biggest news: The Griz have a chance to get to .500 all-time against San Diego! They fell to the Toreros 24-13 in their only previous meeting in 1958. :D

kdinva
November 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM

agree........can't imagine Sparky's pregame or halftime talks.......

NDSUSR
November 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Not when you associate a University, their fans and alumni with a stereotype that has absolutely nothing to do with them anymore than it does any other university in the US! All this is BS and belongs on the smack board if anywhere. Call me touchy, I don't give a flying****. That's what people say"touchy" when they are called out on BS they throw out, you know it, I know it.

Dude you are way too sensitive. Quit being so touchy. :)

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM

No they didn't. BCU's loss to Hampton was too much to overcome. A&T had a better shot at an at-large but they looked terrible in their game against us.

SIUSalukiFan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM

There's a real irony in a guy from a school in Cedar Falls Freakin' Iowa making fun of Eastern Kentucky. xlolx

Shall we embark on North Dakota stereotypes? It's just not good form. Pretty juvenile, IMO. I'm not a PC guy, either. It's just weak.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
What makes you assume I'm a"dude""? Point here..don't assume anything or place labels on which you do not know! Hello, I may be a tobacco chewing, shot gun toting, whiskey drinking, " touchy" granny, for all you know?

Engineer86
November 23rd, 2014, 12:07 PM

I agree. Just from a fan basis not dealing with who got in. It seems like even more than ever rematch or conference teams playing. Get rid of the regionalization.

Bison56
November 23rd, 2014, 12:08 PM
What makes you assume I'm a"dude""? Point here..don't assume anything or place labels on which you do not know! Hello, I may be a tobacco chewing, gun toting, whiskey drinking granny, for all you know?

Because women are not allowed to watch football in Kentucky?

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
See, there ya' go again with those assumptions!
I think this little discussion has played itself out.
GO EKU!

jmufan999
November 23rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Committee didn't want to send ur to LU after they beat us earlier in th year.

no, you're just flat out closer to JMU, although only slightly. by the NCAA rules (silly or not), you had to be paired with JMU before bids were even opened.

Pretty sure JMU didn't outbid LU though. Who knows. There are more factors than bids though and JMU is both higher ranked and has drawn more than LU this year I believe.

i am hearing JMU bid 100K and LU bid 80K. just numbers floating around out there, i don't have any conclusive proof that it's accurate. we'll find out soon enough.

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
GO EKU!

( Hey pa... Bring me a pint of moonshine, will ' ya? While ya' at it, adjust those rabbit ears on the TV, wanta' watch some of that there football. They say it's pretty good sport after basketball and horse racin!)!xsmiley_wix

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM

Whatever. Chatt is going to lose its first game.

xlolx

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
no, you're just flat out closer to JMU, although only slightly. by the NCAA rules (silly or not), you had to be paired with JMU before bids were even opened.

i am hearing JMU bid 100K and LU bid 80K. just numbers floating around out there, i don't have any conclusive proof that it's accurate. we'll find out soon enough.

I've heard differently, but who knows/

dwtime
November 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM
What makes you assume I'm a"dude""? Point here..don't assume anything or place labels on which you do not know! Hello, I may be a tobacco chewing, shot gun toting, whiskey drinking, " touchy" granny, for all you know?

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
GO EKU!

( Hey pa... Bring me a pint of moonshine, will ' ya? While ya' at it, adjust those rabbit ears on the TV, wanta' watch some of that there football. They say it's pretty good sport after basketball and horse racin!)!xsmiley_wix

Having lived in Rural Eastern KY and in Lexington, I'll say there is some truth to the stereotype...however, EKU is in Richmond. Richmond is part of the Lexington/Fayette County Metropolitian Statistical Area. Fayette County is 9th most educated county in America (41% of residents hold at least a Bachelors degree..and one of the highest concentration of advanced degrees in the country). Not all Stereotypes fit. So now that you've been enlightened with some facts, I hope the Colonels win and I can show you guys some of the same hospitality you showed me a few years ago at Roy Kid (maybe even including some moonshine)...then you can lick your woulds and head back up 75 being 1-1 in the playoffs. Go Mocs!!!!

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 01:15 PM

At $37 per ticket, 100k only requires the sale of 2700 additional tickets, I suspect that many LU fans will show up. And that doesn't include the money from concessions. LU fans will end up paying for your home game.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
At $37 per ticket, 100k only requires the sale of 2700 additional tickets, I suspect that many LU fans will show up. And that doesn't include the money from concessions. LU fans will end up paying for your home game.
You're selling playoff tickets at 37 a pop?

Damn

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
You're selling playoff tickets at 37 a pop?

Damn

Close to what NDSU is charging...

Reserved Sideline
$40

Reserved End Zone
$30

Adult Standing Room
$18

Youth Standing Room (17 & under)
$10

NDSU Students with valid NDSU ID
$ 5

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
JMU is only $20 for Reserved

jmu007
November 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
I've heard differently, but who knows/

I can assure you both that JMU outbid Liberty. They weren't losing another home game.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 01:53 PM
I can assure you both that JMU outbid Liberty. They weren't losing another home game.

I'm not doubting you, but I would still be shocked to find that was the case for sure. Our AD, who was on the committee for a term, tweeted that we were home vs JMU and then changed it a few minutes later. He was obviously surprised as well.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 01:55 PM
I'm not doubting you, but I would still be shocked to find that was the case for sure. Our AD, who was on the committee for a term, tweeted that we were home vs JMU and then changed it a few minutes later. He was obviously surprised as well.
The richest school in FCS (except the ivies) got outbid by JMU?

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM

I'm sure politics had zero to do with the bid process. Nothing at all. xeyebrowxxcoffeex

kdinva
November 23rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
2014 participants by State: (spread out, huh)

Virginia-3
Texas-2
Montana-2
N.Y.-1
N.H.-1
Md.-1
Pa.-1
Wash-1
S.C.-1
S.D.-1
Tenn.-1
Conn.-1
N.D.-1
Iowa-1
La.-1
'bama-1
Ill.-1
Cal.-1
Ky.-1
Ind.-1

bostonspider
November 23rd, 2014, 02:37 PM
The richest school in FCS (except the ivies) got outbid by JMU?

Richmond did not get outbid...

jmufan999
November 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Virginia-3

woot! not bad, considering we lost ODU to FBS and W&M was one of the first four out this year.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM

unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they mentioned David Johnson, but not in the context I expected. They asked if a player could have the impact of a Terrance West this year, and think they should have mentioned Johnson.

This is the strongest bracket I've seen in years. Great rematches and rematch possibilities. NDSU plays a tough SDSU or finally gets Montana St in the Fargodome. If they win, a second games comes out of the CCU bracket and possible 3rd game out of the Nova/JSU bracket. I'm ready for some football.

URMite
November 23rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Richmond did not get outbid...

I think our only opening away game in 30 years was at a #1 seed...

GreatAppSt
November 23rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
This is the strongest bracket I've seen in years. Great rematches and rematch possibilities. NDSU plays a tough SDSU or finally gets Montana St in the Fargodome. If they win, a second games comes out of the CCU bracket and possible 3rd game out of the Nova/JSU bracket. I'm ready for some football.

Cakewalk!xrolleyesx

I keed I keed:D G'luck Gil and everyone else.

Tealblood
November 23rd, 2014, 04:06 PM
The rumor I heard is Liberty bid $75,000 expecting to easily get it but JMU bid $150,000.

for those curious minimum is $30,000 for opening round

EKU Toss Sweep
November 23rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
The rumor I heard is Liberty bid $75,000 expecting to easily get it but JMU bid $150,000.

My guess is that Liberty just learned the same lesson that JMU learned a couple of years ago. Like JMU this year, I'll be Liberty does not get out bid next time they make the field.

SIUSalukiFan
November 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM

True or not, that's why the field should play to seed and the practice of bidding for home games should cease ASAFP.

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2014, 05:51 PM

SFA has wins against 2 top 10 teams this season.

#8 Southeastern Louisiana 27-17
#6 McNeese State 31-16

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 05:54 PM
Neither one of those is top 10...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2014, 05:55 PM
UNI wins this game easily: 38-10

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
UNI wins this game easily: 38-10

I bet they don't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2014, 06:14 PM
I bet they don't.

UNI is at home and has one of the best defenses in the FCS. Good enough for me.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
UNI is at home and has one of the best defenses in the FCS. Good enough for me.

We'll see.

achrist70
November 23rd, 2014, 06:23 PM
UNI vs. SFA is always a good game, I don't see 38-10

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Um...they were top 10 when we beat them, so stop making stuff up to make yourself look good and stay focused because SFA is coming to your house.

#11 Northern Iowa (8-4) vs. Stephen F. Austin (8-4)

Nov. 29; 7:00 P.M. @ UNI Dome

TV: ESPN3

UNI leads the series (UNI 6-3)
2011: UNI 34-23
2010: SFA 22-20
2004: SFA 24-21
2003: UNI 38-24
2002: UNI 31-24
2000: UNI 37-30
1998: UNI 14-10
1996: UNI 38-12
1995: SFA 26-7

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Still seems crazy to me that UNI, ISUR and EWU are all in the same part of the bracket. In my opinion they are all top 8 teams, it is the FCS group of death.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Um...they were top 10 when we beat them, so stop making stuff up to make yourself look good and stay focused because SFA is coming to your house.

Where they were ranked weeks ago doesn't make them a top 10 team.

Do you legit believe McNeese is a top 10 team...

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2014, 06:33 PM
Our defense gives up the big plays so we will have to outscore if possible.

Our impact players

QB:#2 Zach Conque
6-5
So.
CMP:234;ATT:360;CMP%:65;YDS:2,650;TD:15;INT:8/R:146;YDS:619;TD:13

RB:#6 Gus Johnson
5-10
Sr.
R:236;YDS:1,600;AVG:7.0;TD:22/REC:13;YDS:128;TD:0

DE:#98 Ismiah Miles
6-2
Sr.
TKL:45;TFL:14.0;SCK:5.5;QBH:6;FF:1;FR:0;PD:2;INT:0 ;BLK:1

S:#14 Patrick Martin
5-9
So.
TKL:49;TFL:7.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:1;FF:0;FR:0;PD:5;INT:2

CB:#3 Keavon Madison
5-10
Sr.
TKL:39;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:1;FR:0;PD:14;INT:2

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Their rank when you play them, got it?

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 06:46 PM
Their rank when you play them, got it?
Still doesn't make them a top 10 team... They simply aren't a top 10 team, either one.

If that's the case uni has about 6 top 25 wins this year...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Still doesn't make them a top 10 team... They simply aren't a top 10 team, either one.

This is something our friends from Jacksonville need to understand. Regardless of how many "ranked teams they played on the road" they still only played one DI team with a winning record, the very suspect Chattanooga.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 07:12 PM
This is something our friends from Jacksonville need to understand. Regardless of how many "ranked teams they played on the road" they still only played one DI team with a winning record, the very suspect Chattanooga.

So EKU does not have a winning record, and Richmond KY is not their home? We didn't shut them out of the endzone, and beat them by 2 TD's? Did I hallucinate the game?

Edit: Additional Comments

Here's what many / most of the OVC haters looking to dismiss JSU are missing...

JSU fans have reason to feel hopeful about our chances.
Last season we stomped Sammy to start the playoffs... then we whipped McNeese in their own house. We went to Eastern Washington, and were playing them to to toe until our QB went down with a knee injury right before halftime (using EW logic, that game doesn't really count). Our starting QB had 120 yards rushing + 127 yards passing against EW in less than 2 quarters of play. Many observers felt that we would have won that game, had Eli not gotten hurt... nobody knows for sure, but we were tied at the half, and lost by 11 after our starting QB went down. Considering he was gashing them, I doubt 11 points would have sealed the win for them.

This season, our entire offense is back and we rank in the top 5 in total offense. Our defense is significantly improved up front. Our DB's were not as good at the start of the season, but they have improved as the season progressed.

Quite frankly, we are a LOT better this season, than we were last season. We even have a backup QB who has the same skill set as Eli. If (God forbid) Eli goes down, our offense is not finished by a long shot.

So... keep dismissing us because we "only beat one team with a winning record" (two actually). Just don't be surprised if your team is the second (third) team with a winning record that we beat.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
So EKU does not have a winning record, and Richmond KY is not their home? We didn't shut them out of the endzone, and beat them by 2 TD's? Did I hallucinate the game?

My bad. 2 teams with winning records. I take it back, you're a powerhouse.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 23rd, 2014, 07:33 PM

Got it. If you are not a mvfc team or haven't beaten teams from the mvfc, you are suspect as is anyone and everyone you've beaten.

NDSUtk
November 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
So... keep dismissing us because we "only beat one team with a winning record" (two actually). Just don't be surprised if your team is the second (third) team with a winning record that we beat.

Well, technically you were responding to a Bison fan there, so you'll have to beat two more winning record teams first before you could beat his team :) Just saying.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 07:49 PM
Got it. If you are not a mvfc team or haven't beaten teams from the mvfc, you are suspect as is anyone and everyone you've beaten.

Based on their out of conference, you really wouldn't know. The combined record of their out of conference opponents, is 14-31. Their first 3 opponents had a combined record of 6-27. They beat Montana by 12 at home...but Cal Poly beat them worse. NDSU has had a lot of unimpressive outings this year. Heck, UNI shut the Bison offense down. We had more yards and points against Michigan State.

(note, I really think NDSU is a great team, and if we play them, it will be an all-out war... but this is what they sound like. They believe that there is none good but MVFC)

ekufbfan
November 23rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
As I have observed, a recurring theme on here is. If you are not NDSU or someone on their radar ( i.e. their conference) you are incompetent, stupid and undeserving of playing the game of football. You also are subject to ridicule and innuendoes by 'some' of them also. They have an awesome program. But one lesson Roy Kidd, EKU Hall of Fame Coach, and one of the winningest coaches in ALL of D1 College Football, always told his his team (borrowed from the great Vince Lombardi) "When you win act like you've been there before". EKU won a lot and they did win with class. "Some" fans could use that lesson.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Well, technically you were responding to a Bison fan there, so you'll have to beat two more winning record teams first before you could beat his team :) Just saying.

I am assuming he won't count those either, since they are not MVFC teams.

SFA 93
November 23rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A57Aw2c_RHA&list=PLH8nCr6z-NHoEdm9SH4BwzYhuEc8dOzdF

We are just happy to be here!

semobison
November 23rd, 2014, 07:56 PM

Jacksonville had a nice playoff run last year! Do you ever cease being a jackass...oh, I know that already, you don't!

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Michigan State has a winning record?

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Jacksonville had a nice playoff run last year! Do you ever cease being a jackass...oh, I know that already, you don't!

Its ok... he is probably sour because NDSU is 0-2 against us. I was at the game the last time we played.

NDSUtk
November 23rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
I am assuming he won't count those either, since they are not MVFC teams.

I am a bit surprised why a Jacksonville State player is calling out that NDSU got the 2 seed ahead of them. For one, it isn't like NDSU has a bad resume. Playing any FBS school counts as a harder OOC opponent than many would schedule (Yes, JSU's Mich St was harder than Iowa State, not arguing that). Follow that with an OOC against Montana, a historic powerful opponent out of the Big Sky, also not a cakewalk. Here again, JSU scheduled Chat, a respectable opponent as well. So if you look at it overall, the OOC schedule between the two, IMO, is comparable. So then it comes down to conference play, and the fact of the matter is the MVFC is a harder conference this year than the OVC. So to me, it's not illogical that NDSU got the 2 seed over them. Could you make the opposite case? Sure can. But I'm surprised to see an active player making a call out on Twitter like that about a seeding.

Reference: https://twitter.com/JoshBarge12/status/536604413117628416

PAllen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
No dog in this fight, but I like this bracket. Looks a whole lot better than some we've seen over the years.

PAllen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:06 PM

You also had four loses.

McNeese75
November 23rd, 2014, 08:06 PM
No dog in this fight, but I like this bracket. Looks a whole lot better than some we've seen over the years.

I agree, regardless of what some are whining about I think the Committee did a pretty good job this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM

Oh I'm sorry, all you ever seem to do is sandbag. The OVC is a joke, period.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM
Its ok... he is probably sour because NDSU is 0-2 against us. I was at the game the last time we played.

Not gonna lie, I was only 17 at the time and my mom wouldn't let me go. True story.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM

Man, I better get focused. xlolx

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Win your games and you can play us. Till then your smack talk means nothing. For the record it was a cheap shot from EWU players that took out your QB, you should have won that game otherwise. When OVC starts winning in the playoffs regularly then you can earn your respect.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
You also had four loses.
They woke up mid season. Losing to Hawaii certainly didn't impress anyone, and I watched that game.

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 08:23 PM
I am a bit surprised why a Jacksonville State player is calling out that NDSU got the 2 seed ahead of them. For one, it isn't like NDSU has a bad resume. Playing any FBS school counts as a harder OOC opponent than many would schedule (Yes, JSU's Mich St was harder than Iowa State, not arguing that). Follow that with an OOC against Montana, a historic powerful opponent out of the Big Sky, also not a cakewalk. Here again, JSU scheduled Chat, a respectable opponent as well. So if you look at it overall, the OOC schedule between the two, IMO, is comparable. So then it comes down to conference play, and the fact of the matter is the MVFC is a harder conference this year than the OVC. So to me, it's not illogical that NDSU got the 2 seed over them. Could you make the opposite case? Sure can. But I'm surprised to see an active player making a call out on Twitter like that about a seeding.

Reference: https://twitter.com/JoshBarge12/status/536604413117628416

Dont mean crap unless you win. NDSU v JSU is way down the road and both have to beat some good teams.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 08:26 PM
Win your games and you can play us. Till then your smack talk means nothing. For the record it was a cheap shot from EWU players that took out your QB, you should have won that game otherwise. When OVC starts winning in the playoffs regularly then you can earn your respect.

You got the smack talk thing backwards. We are glad to be here, won 10 games in a row, etc. No disrespect to anyone. Everything was fine until the NDSU guy started in... Like the EKU fan said, you would think that a team with as much winning tradition as NDSU would produce fans that act like they have been there before.

Southern Bison
November 23rd, 2014, 08:28 PM

Hey dip****, your elitist attitude is what is a joke. If you actually watched a game outside of the MVFC, you would see some great football played across the country.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 08:31 PM
You got the smack talk thing backwards. We are glad to be here, won 10 games in a row, etc. No disrespect to anyone. Everything was fine until the NDSU guy started in... Like the EKU fan said, you would think that a team with as much winning tradition as NDSU would produce fans that act like they have been there before.
The Internet is whe you should look for the average sports fan

Cocky
November 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
Where we can all talk smack and make bold predictions without any recourse.

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 08:36 PM

you got a point... he is probably cut from the radical jihad branch of the tree.

You don't usually see that among JSU fans. Our radicals tend to eat their own and have unrealistic (read: Delusional) expectations. One guy on our board has openly stated that our new coach is a failure if we don't win the FCS title in his first year. He was calling for his firing after the Michigan State game... some of them are hangers-on, still upset that Coach Crowe was fired... I can't see how anyone short of EKU fans could be upset that Crowe was fired.

PAllen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:58 PM
They woke up mid season. Losing to Hawaii certainly didn't impress anyone, and I watched that game.

True, but waking up mid season doesn't make for a top 8 seed. When you lose a third of your games, you're lucky to make the playoffs, not in the hunt for a seed.

marenlee
November 23rd, 2014, 09:06 PM

I watched it too as I was passing out at 12:30am. Felt really dirty cheering for UNI.

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 09:15 PM
Don't a lot of teams lose at Hawaii? Have to think that such a trip would be a little more of a road disadvantage than normal. I remember one year BYU was undefeated and fighting for a BCS bid and gave up like 73 points. Many a mediocre B1G or Pac team has gone out there over the years and lost. Back when the FBS schedule was 11 games, teams that played Hawaii were allowed to play a 12th game to help their bowl eligibility.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
you got a point... he is probably cut from the radical jihad branch of the tree.

You don't usually see that among JSU fans. Our radicals tend to eat their own and have unrealistic (read: Delusional) expectations. One guy on our board has openly stated that our new coach is a failure if we don't win the FCS title in his first year. He was calling for his firing after the Michigan State game... some of them are hangers-on, still upset that Coach Crowe was fired... I can't see how anyone short of EKU fans could be upset that Crowe was fired.

But honestly what else can we do? Football weeks are sooooo long and the match ups we tak about are usually a long way off.

i don't talk a lot of trash but that's because I haven't been in a confident position to. I'd like to say I'm a normal fan with class but im a bad loser and a worse winner.

veinup
November 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM
hey guys, whats up!

achrist70
November 23rd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Don't a lot of teams lose at Hawaii? Have to think that such a trip would be a little more of a road disadvantage than normal. I remember one year BYU was undefeated and fighting for a BCS bid and gave up like 73 points. Many a mediocre B1G or Pac team has gone out there over the years and lost. Back when the FBS schedule was 11 games, teams that played Hawaii were allowed to play a 12th game to help their bowl eligibility.

Yes, the hardest part is the actual trip, Hawaii is not that great of a football team, but they play just about everyone tough in Hawaii, in all honesty their best player against us was their punter (who also played receiver), we couldn't get any return against him, of course that was before we put Chad Owens back there

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 09:28 PM
Hey dip****, your elitist attitude is what is a joke. If you actually watched a game outside of the MVFC, you would see some great football played across the country.

Too busy driving all over middle America going to Bison games because, you know, I'm a Bison fan and all.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 09:36 PM

This is what gets overlooked with that game.

People love to look and say "Hawaii isn't great so that's a bad loss".

They also need to remember it is a 4100 mile trip, as the bird flies, one way. The kick off was 11:30 Central. We still have 22 less scholarships than they did. I was worried it would be a sluggish start, and it was. Outside of one TD drive in the first quarter UNI had 60 yards of offense in the first half. You could see the time difference kicking and travel fatigue kicking UNI's ass in that first half. UNI came back and had 60% of their yards in the second half. UNI started that game exactly like Denver started the super bowl - a shot gun snap over QBs head recovered for a TD by the other team. Other than that 1 play (yes, I know we can't take that away) UNI outscored Hawaii 24-17. The TD that sealed the game was off a punt that the returner didn't get out of the way quick enough (Hawaii has a killer rugby style punter) that knicked his foot and Hawaii recovered at the 17 yard line. UNI litterally handed Hawaii 14 of their 27 points.

If that game was played anywhere on the mainland UNI wins. That entire situation just sucked. It was a great experience but cost UNI. Imagine had UNI scheduled Drake, SEMO, etc... and been 9-3 likely would have been seeded. Kicker that losing to an FBS by 3 4000 miles away from home hurts you is "better" on the resume than beating the **** out of Drake yet again. Yet beating Drake means more than playing the FBS...It's strange how things like that work at times.

I'm not complaining about where UNI is. I think the bracket is one of the better I've seen in years. I was hoping for no trip to Fargo - got that. Instead got possible trips to Illinois State, Eastern Washington and New Hampshire in consecutive weeks....damn

kalm
November 23rd, 2014, 09:37 PM

I was impressed with JSU's level of talent last year, but considering our success with 2nd half adjustments on defense, I don't think the outcome would have been any different. And it's not as if we played our best game either.

But ditto regarding the OVC. EIU justifiably got a high seed last year with the blowout of SDSU, but like JSU couldn't make it out of the quarters. Fans from the power conferences are accustomed to watching their teams get to the semi's and finals every year. Until the OVC (and Big South for that matter) can sustain that kind of role, and their fans can recognize the conference shortcomings, they are all always going to get smacked around a little on the boards.

semobison
November 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM

You don't even know what sandbagging means! The only place I sandbag is on the golf course if I am playing for money. I don't have to bad mouth other teams to feel good about winning the last 3 natty's. Your smack is old, continuous and classless! You need some new material because you have been saying the same **** for years, over and over!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 09:51 PM
You don't even know what sandbagging means! The only place I sandbag is on the golf course if I am playing for money. I don't have to bad mouth other teams to feel good about winning the last 3 natty's. Your smack is old, continuous and classless! You need some new material because you have been saying the same **** for years, over and over!

Ok then, besides EKU 30 some years ago, what OVC team has won the NC?

kalm
November 23rd, 2014, 09:54 PM
Sandbagging is dishonest.

semobison
November 23rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
Sandbagging is dishonest.

With the guys I golf with I have to sandbag just to cover their sandbagging...

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
I was impressed with JSU's level of talent last year, but considering our success with 2nd half adjustments on defense, I don't think the outcome would have been any different. And it's not as if we played our best game either.

But ditto regarding the OVC. EIU justifiably got a high seed last year with the blowout of SDSU, but like JSU couldn't make it out of the quarters. Fans from the power conferences are accustomed to watching their teams get to the semi's and finals every year. Until the OVC (and Big South for that matter) can sustain that kind of role, and their fans can recognize the conference shortcomings, they are all always going to get smacked around a little on the boards.

That's kind of silly. Your second half adjustments on defense = taking our quarterback out in the second quarter. We run a spread offense with QB read option mixed in. Eli Jenkins was killing you, and accounted for almost 250 yards in the first half (120 rushing in the first half). The only backup we had last year couldn't outrun the zombies in The Walking Dead. When Eli went out, it was effectively over. Eli's backup this year (five star HS AA Christian LeMay) is capable of doing the same things he does.

Our weakness last season was our DL. A few transfers in the off-season helped that. If we get Jermaine Hough back from injury, our secondary will be solid.

Still, your passing game is scary. Of all the teams in the playoffs, EW is the one who's offense worries me. There are other teams we might have knock-down battles with, but Adams is a heck of a passer... but like us with Jenkins last season, if you were to lose him in the 2nd quarter, the game will shift heavily in our favor.

moira4eku
November 23rd, 2014, 10:39 PM
I'm one EKU fan thinking of making the trip to see the game (8 hour drive). I've been to 3 games so far this season.

moira4eku
November 23rd, 2014, 10:44 PM
Tough sale here on Thanksgiving weekend, won't lie. But we made the bid,we get the game. That's the way it is.
GO EKU!

We had almost 17,000 in the home opener. But alas, it's always hard at Thanksgiving (no one on campus). I'm thinking of making the 8 hour drive up to see the game if I can round up some of my EKU peeps. I've been to 3 games so far this year.

moira4eku
November 23rd, 2014, 10:49 PM

Most people don't know that EKU is actually in Central Kentucky, close to Lexington. I hate dumb ass, stereotyping comments like that jerk posted. One reason some Saturdays our attendance is down is because UK, just 20 minutes up the interstate is having a game. Sigh...

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised they haven't moved the playoffs back a week so nobody plays thanksgiving weekend. Seems like a money maker. And you know the bottom line is money.

SFA 93
November 24th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Coming in at #9 in the latest polls Southeastern Louisiana.

I sure hope they ran that by you first.