PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Teams Going Into Playoffs

jacksfan3317
November 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
I just wanted to give my input on what I believe to be one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs. I believe that SDSU with all of their weapons back on offense and their defense improving each and every week will be a tough team to face no matter where they are seeded. They have put up over 500+ yards in each of the last three games.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
I just wanted to give my input on what I believe to be one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs. I believe that SDSU with all of their weapons back on offense and their defense improving each and every week will be a tough team to face no matter where they are seeded. They have put up over 500+ yards in each of the last three games.

They won't be seeded. They will likely have a round 2 matchup in Fargo, yet again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
I think UNI is the hottest team. Won 5 straight to earn a bid after losing to SDSU In mid-October.

They are are on a tear right now.

Also, SELA has out scored their last 3 opponents 166-19. That's pretty hot.

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2014, 10:02 AM
JMU is certainly hot. Seven straight including Richmond and W&M.

Texas
November 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
I think UNI is the hottest team. Won 5 straight to earn a bid after losing to SDSU In mid-October.

They are are on a tear right now.

Also, SELA has out scored their last 3 opponents 166-19. That's pretty hot.

Two games are against HBU who's only wins are against a NAIA team and Nicholls. Guess who the other team is? Yeah the winless Nicholls. Those two teams account for 138 of those points.

That's not hot.

344Johnson
November 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
UNI.

SDSU appears to have gotten going as well.

I don't watch much outside the valley. Sorry for not knowing more

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
You can make the reasoning for NDSU.

Zach Vraa after yesterday's win.

"The loss to UNI pissed us off and Youngstown felt it." My main concern about the long winning streak was that the team would lose that energy. I asked myself, do players that haven't experienced a loss in years still have an chip or an edge to put into games. I hope every team we face in the playoff feels it! Even our fan base needed a reason to get worked up again to know wins are not a given."

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 23rd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Until further notice, there is only one truly "hot" team,...the Bison.

However, 40-4 in the ugly ole Dungeon since 2007, 153 straight weeks in the Top 25, and 11 straight appearances is not a bad 2nd.

As far as "short term 'hot-ness'", be sure to include UNI. The Panthers are likely #1 in that category.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2014, 03:33 PM
UNI, JMU and Nooga!

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Two games are against HBU who's only wins are against a NAIA team and Nicholls. Guess who the other team is? Yeah the winless Nicholls. Those two teams account for 138 of those points.

That's not hot.

Somebody let flies in the house.

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
UNI and JMU are two teams I wouldn't want any part of right now. Liberty deserves mention after knocking off undefeated Coastal. LU-JMU may be the best first round game.

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
UNI and JMU are two teams I wouldn't want any part of right now. Liberty deserves mention after knocking off undefeated Coastal. LU-JMU may be the best first round game.

I was thinking about driving up to that game (its only about 2 hrs from me) on Saturday, but apparently I'm driving 8 hours to Memphis to see the outlaws....DAMN!!!!

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2014, 03:56 PM
according to the warden!!!

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
I was thinking about driving up to that game (its only about 2 hrs from me) on Saturday, but apparently I'm driving 8 hours to Memphis to see the outlaws....DAMN!!!!

I think the game atmosphere in Harrisonburg is going to be awesome. I may go to Fordham-SHU at Jack Coffey Field in the Bronx. I think SHU is going to beat them this year.

jmufan999
November 23rd, 2014, 04:33 PM

we always play in the best first round game.

2004: JMU 14, Lehigh 13
2006: YSU 35, JMU 31
2007: App St 28, JMU 27 (aka - "the fumble" game)
2008: JMU 38, Wofford 35
2011: JMU 20, EKU 17 (last second FG to win)

all nail-biters.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
The Griz have had their ups and downs this season, but they played like men possessed last night. If they can keep that up, they will not be an easy out for anyone...

Redbirdz
November 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
Jacksonville State will be hard to beat at home.

bobcathpdevil56
November 23rd, 2014, 04:39 PM
Grizzlies looked decent last night. Still feeling the sting��

Big_Fan
November 23rd, 2014, 05:02 PM
I guess you have to define "hot." Would you consider a team "hot," who has won 10 straight by an average of 21 points, including road wins over two playoff teams?

Hopefully the off week will allow us to get some of our injured players back.

Regardless of what you think of our schedule, 10 in a row ain't easy. The OVC may be down a bit from last year, but SEMO, EIU, and UT-M can sneak up on you.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
I guess you have to define "hot." Would you consider a team "hot," who has won 10 straight by an average of 21 points, including road wins over two playoff teams?

Hopefully the off week will allow us to get some of our injured players back.

Regardless of what you think of our schedule, 10 in a row ain't easy. The OVC may be down a bit from last year, but SEMO, EIU, and UT-M can sneak up on you.

We did it last year, and you're correct, it's not easy. The more you win, the tougher it gets, and open dates can do more harm than good. Glad we had ours late in the year.

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2014, 05:24 PM
We did it last year, and you're correct, it's not easy. The more you win, the tougher it gets, and open dates can do more harm than good. Glad we had ours late in the year.

So right about open dates!!! I like the Idea of Hosting, but being seeded has some disadvantages too. An open week can really cool off a hot team.

Vitojr130
November 23rd, 2014, 05:37 PM

Chatty for sure!

But really, NDSU will go on a tear. I think the UNI loss lit a fire under their butts.

blackbeard
November 23rd, 2014, 05:40 PM
I think the game atmosphere in Harrisonburg is going to be awesome. I may go to Fordham-SHU at Jack Coffey Field in the Bronx. I think SHU is going to beat them this year.

Hope so! Should be a good one - Fordham's strength is their high flying offense, Sacred Heart's is their aggressive playmaking defense. Strength against strength!

Go Pioneers!!!

bjtheflamesfan
November 23rd, 2014, 05:41 PM
Liberty has only 1 loss since the calendar turned to November, winners of 5 of 6 including an FBS win and a win over the #2 team in the country (whether they deserve it or not is a matter for debate in another topic) so I think they are pretty hot right now

Milktruck74
November 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
Liberty has only 1 loss since the calendar turned to November, winners of 5 of 6 including an FBS win and a win over the #2 team in the country (whether they deserve it or not is a matter for debate in another topic) so I think they are pretty hot right now

Can you really say FBS victory?...it was App State. That's like a D2 school claiming an FCS victory over a PFL team. Hahahaha. Congrats on the Miracle Finish on Saturday.

jaxstategamecock
November 23rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Jacksonville st is looking good. The 1st round bye and home field advantage for the 2nd round is a huge factor for us. The offense and defense is firing on all cylinders right now. Maybe I'm biased but Jsu has a great chance at making a run.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2014, 08:22 PM
Maybe I'm biased but Jsu has a great chance at making a run.

I would have never guessed that. :)

StrikeJMU
November 23rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Hottest team has to be JMU. Vad Lee alone wins it. Great legs, dreamy eyes, well defined features. Wait, am I doing this thread correctly?

stevdock
November 23rd, 2014, 09:30 PM
We are definitely not the hottest team going into the tournament as we've only won 2 measly games in a row. Problem for the rest of FCS is that UNI might have woken up a sleeping giant. Our defense played insanely well the last two games and especially the first halves against MSU and YSU. The offense was pretty darn good too scoring about 35 a game.

Our seniors are now 54-3, so I guess they are kinda sort hot still ;)

jacksfan29
November 23rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
Jacksonville st is looking good. The 1st round bye and home field advantage for the 2nd round is a huge factor for us. The offense and defense is firing on all cylinders right now. Maybe I'm biased but Jsu has a great chance at making a run.

Coming from one of the weakest conferences in the country, don't count on it.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:33 PM
We are definitely not the hottest team going into the tournament as we've only won 2 measly games in a row. Problem for the rest of FCS is that UNI might have woken up a sleeping giant. Our defense played insanely well the last two games and especially the first halves against MSU and YSU. The offense was pretty darn good too scoring about 35 a game.

Our seniors are now 54-3, so I guess they are kinda sort hot still ;)

Well...you did play MSU and YSU the last two weeks.

Tough to not win convincingly against those two...

UNI played like dog **** and still ran up over 400 yards of offense and had a multi-score win against MSU...

stevdock
November 23rd, 2014, 10:52 PM
Well...you did play MSU and YSU the last two weeks.

Tough to not win convincingly against those two...

UNI played like dog **** and still ran up over 400 yards of offense and had a multi-score win against MSU...

You've done that way too many times this year.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
You've done that way too many times this year.
HI
SDSU
ISUb

Yep... Too many.

I guess msu wasn't as bad as u think it was... Just wanted more from that game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bjtheflamesfan
November 23rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
Can you really say FBS victory?...it was App State. That's like a D2 school claiming an FCS victory over a PFL team. Hahahaha. Congrats on the Miracle Finish on Saturday.

You do know that chattown's daddies have won 5 in a row since that game?

ming01
November 24th, 2014, 02:22 PM
UNI will lose to Ill St this time around

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 02:32 PM
UNI will lose to Ill St this time around

We gotta get past SFA first.

NDSU_grad
November 24th, 2014, 02:55 PM
NDSU also has only one loss since the calendar turned to November, November 2012.

ming01
November 24th, 2014, 03:24 PM
We gotta get past SFA first.

You will likely beat them

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 03:24 PM
You will likely beat them
stop talking garbage like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FargoBison
November 24th, 2014, 03:27 PM
UNI will roll them unless their OC forgets Johnson is on their team again.

clenz
November 24th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I SAID SHUT UP!

Panther-State
November 24th, 2014, 05:51 PM

I'm not ruling anything out.

Texas
November 24th, 2014, 06:15 PM
SHSU, everyone counted us out after the CSUP disaster. Easily the biggest bounce back this year.

ming01
November 24th, 2014, 08:16 PM
stop talking garbage like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lehi..

Milktruck74
November 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM
You do know that chattown's daddies have won 5 in a row since that game?

I gotta get in a dig on App St any chance I can get...I guess those 5 in a row make them "Hot, Hot, Hot!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

igo4uni
November 24th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I'm not ruling anything out.

good call!!!

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Obviously Liberty is the hottest team going into the playoffs. Amirite?

Get it because they are the Flames xnodx

tomq04
November 24th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Obviously Liberty is the hottest team going into the playoffs. Amirite?

Get it because they are the Flames xnodx

I just spit milk out of my nose.