PDA

View Full Version : NoBowls.com Bracket

jmrepak
November 22nd, 2014, 08:10 PM
http://nobowls.com/images/final.png

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
They do realize shsu and sela can't part each other there... Right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rabbit3467
November 22nd, 2014, 08:16 PM
If SDSU is on NDSU's side of the bracket I may puke.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 08:17 PM

Get your barf bag because it will happen.

JSUBison

I will join you if all MVFC teams are on the same side.

smilo
4 of the same exact matchups in mine and just switch Bobcats and Grizzlies and it's 6 of the same matchups - home teams and all! (Edit: Now that I look at geography, I think he got that right. Montana/EWU is easier than MSU and SDSU has to be in the NDSU trio)

This would be a more than acceptable bracket though Chatty should be playing SELA because UNI deserves that 8 seed!!! Who else has beaten 2 seeded teams? 2 FCS losses by a combined 4 points to two teams in the field and 2 FBS losses. I'll take that over Chatty's 0 wins over teams in the field including 0 for 1 vs. teams with a bye.

Would also be nice if Nova switched with ISU-r, but that's just homerism.

I'll gladly take his SFA pick over my BCU pick! (Though I don't think same-conference first round is allowed so that accounts for the difference)

Sign me up for this one. Probably will be better than what we see tomorrow unfortunately.

lionsrking2
They do realize shsu and sela can't part each other there... Right?

Actually we can because we didn't play each other during regular season. He may have the location wrong though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 08:19 PM

Didn't the NCAA change it so conference teams will not meet each other for their first game? Valley teams should be split up to not play each other until the quarters.

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Maximizes bus trips, and achieves all restrictions for first round games. SLU vs SHSU possible because didn't play in regular season. As a Rabbit backer, I detest that we're the only school within 400 miles of Fargo.

centennial
November 22nd, 2014, 08:20 PM
I hope this isn't true. I want to get my hands on either Big Sky, OVC or CAA team.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 08:22 PM
I hope they don't put all the MVFC on the same side.

Bison Fan in NW MN
I hope this isn't true. I want to get my hands on either Big Sky, OVC or CAA team.

Wouldn't surprise me if all Valley teams are on the same side....:(

jmrepak
I can't remember, is it conference rematches only that can't occur in the first round or is it rematches in general? I'm looking at the potential Liberty/Richmond game in Lynchburg. I would love another shot at Liberty. Today's game was just awful for the Chants. It was like they threw away the entire play book and just went conservative. Everyone in the stands felt it. We played to not lose instead of playing to win and it cost us momentum and ultimately the game...but I digress. I would like this bracket

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2014, 08:26 PM
I can't remember, is it conference rematches only that can't occur in the first round or is it rematches in general? I'm looking at the potential Liberty/Richmond game in Lynchburg. I would love another shot at Liberty. Today's game was just awful for the Chants. It was like they threw away the entire play book and just went conservative. Everyone in the stands felt it. We played to not lose instead of playing to win and it cost us momentum and ultimately the game...but I digress. I would like this bracket

Conference mates can't play each other in the first round, regardless of whether they played during the regular season.

jmrepak
November 22nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Conference mates can't play each other in the first round, regardless of whether they played during the regular season.
Thanks!

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
I'd like to see them swap the Villanova (JMU vs Morgan St) chain as seed 4 with the IL St (UNI/SFA) chain. That split both the CAA's and the MVFC teams so that CAA & MVFC could possibly meet in the FCS championship. Shouldn't try to be creating bus trips beyond the round of 16.

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 08:37 PM
I like this bracket.

A lot.

BisonTru
November 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM

From the FCS Championship manual:

"Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games or for second-round games when both teams are playing their first games of the championship (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against each other during the regular season; such teams may play each other in the first and second round)."
"

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
I'll take anything that has ISUb in. Not holding my breath though

good news is ill be in church during the selection show. Than can't hurt, Right?

73Lion
November 22nd, 2014, 08:48 PM
Conference teams CAN play each other in the first round if they did not play in the regular season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'll take anything that has ISUb in. Not holding my breath though

good news is ill be in church during the selection show. Than can't hurt, Right?

I still think Ind State is in consideration. The wins over UNI, Liberty and Ball State are huge.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 08:50 PM
Conference teams CAN play each other in the first round if they did not play in the regular season.
No more than praying to the flying spaghetti monster while covering yourself in spaghetti sauce at that time...

kalm
November 22nd, 2014, 08:52 PM
No more than praying to the flying spaghetti monster while covering yourself in spaghetti sauce at that time...

How dare you belittle the power of pasta. For shame, Clenz, for shame.

Smh...

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 08:53 PM
4 of the same exact matchups in mine and just switch Bobcats and Grizzlies and it's 6 of the same matchups - home teams and all! (Edit: Now that I look at geography, I think he got that right. Montana/EWU is easier than MSU and SDSU has to be in the NDSU trio)

This would be a more than acceptable bracket though Chatty should be playing SELA because UNI deserves that 8 seed!!! Who else has beaten 2 seeded teams? 2 FCS losses by a combined 4 points to two teams in the field and 2 FBS losses. I'll take that over Chatty's 0 wins over teams in the field including 0 for 1 vs. teams with a bye.

Would also be nice if Nova switched with ISU-r, but that's just homerism.

I'll gladly take his SFA pick over my BCU pick! (Though I don't think same-conference first round is allowed so that accounts for the difference)

Sign me up for this one. Probably will be better than what we see tomorrow unfortunately.

Chattanooga has 1 fcs loss in OT to a top 4 seed. UNI lost to indiana state and south dakota state. Chattanooga has won 9 in a row against the fcs, they actually dominated a conference instead of finishing middle ofbthe pack. On top of it all, Chattanooga is better than UNI and would and probably will beat them head-to-head.

UNH Fanboi
November 22nd, 2014, 08:54 PM
From the FCS Championship manual:

"Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games or for second-round games when both teams are playing their first games of the championship (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against each other during the regular season; such teams may play each other in the first and second round)."
"

My bad.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
How dare you belittle the power of pasta. For shame, Clenz, for shame.

Smh...
Who said that isn't how i spend my Sunday morning?

We all have our silly superstitions that make us think there is a power our there that's worried about my problems more than others

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Chattanooga has 1 fcs loss in OT to a top 4 seed. UNI lost to indiana state and south dakota state. Chattanooga has won 9 in a row against the fcs, they actually dominated a conference instead of finishing middle ofbthe pack. On top of it all, Chattanooga is better than UNI and would and probably will beat them head-to-head.

UNI would bitch-slap Chattanooga this year.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2014, 09:00 PM
Who said that isn't how i spend my Sunday morning?

We all have our silly superstitions that make us think there is a power our there that's worried about my problems more than others

They are not silly if they work

smilo
November 22nd, 2014, 09:01 PM

The flaw in your argument is of course that all FCS teams are equal. Good job on the Furman win btw.
Very little difference between OT and a last second FG in the case of ISU-b. Highly doubt Chatty would've been that close.
That last sentence probably qualifies this for post of the year. Quite a good laugh. Thanks guy.

centennial
November 22nd, 2014, 09:03 PM
What are you on?

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2014, 09:04 PM

There are a couple of flaws with your logic here. UNI did not finish middle of the pack in their conference they actually finished 2nd in the toughest conference in the country. They have not 1 but 2 wins against top 5 teams. Don't know who would win head to head, but I'll tell you this much I would love our odds! I would much rather play you guys than another Valley school, EWU or Montana.

Milktruck74
November 22nd, 2014, 09:14 PM
I don't see a scenario that allows for it until the semis...but I'd love another crack at Jax State.

- - - Updated - - -

but we will all see it tomorrow!!!

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:15 PM
There are a couple of flaws with your logic here. UNI did not finish middle of the pack in their conference they actually finished 2nd in the toughest conference in the country. They have not 1 but 2 wins against top 5 teams. Don't know who would win head to head, but I'll tell you this much I would love our odds! I would much rather play you guys than another Valley school, EWU or Montana.

You didn't finish 2nd. That's factually incorrect. We are talking about top 8 seeds. The fact that you guys exposed ndsu should be as big a negative against them as a positive for you. There is no way they should be the top seed over teams unbeaten against the fcs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 09:18 PM
You didn't finish 2nd. That's factually incorrect. We are talking about top 8 seeds. The fact that you guys exposed ndsu should be as big a negative against them as a positive for you. There is no way they should be the top seed over teams unbeaten against the fcs.

You can bitch about it all you want but NDSU has the best resume for a #1 over anyone else. Too bad!

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:18 PM
The flaw in your argument is of course that all FCS teams are equal. Good job on the Furman win btw.
Very little difference between OT and a last second FG in the case of ISU-b. Highly doubt Chatty would've been that close.
That last sentence probably qualifies this for post of the year. Quite a good laugh. Thanks guy.

The flaw in your logic is that the mvfc is suddenly untouchable because they beat liberty, montana, and eiu. In reality no one you beat in the fcs non league play is anywhere near discussion for top 8 seed. So leave the conference pride discussion at the door when we talk about seeding.

gotts
November 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM

Break time is over, make me a sandwich, sandwich artist!

knucklehead
November 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
After years of waiting, I'm just glad we are in and will take whoever we get. My prediction is Liberty will get a home gave vs the W&M UR winner. But who knows.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
You can bitch about it all you want but NDSU has the best resume for a #1 over anyone else. Too bad!

The best resume would be undefeated against this level, or at the very least, not getting exposed by 20.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 09:23 PM
The flaw in your logic is that the mvfc os suddenly untouchable because they beq t liberty, montana, and eiu. In reality no one you beat in the fcs non league play is anywhere near discussion for top 8 seed. So leave the confereence pride discussion at the door when we talk about seeding.

xdrunkyx

TheEagleSHSU
November 22nd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Actually we can because we didn't play each other during regular season. He may have the location wrong though.

Why would you think the wrong location? We will outbid sela everyday, even on Sundays.

UNIFanSince1983
The flaw in your logic is that the mvfc is suddenly untouchable because they beat liberty, montana, and eiu. In reality no one you beat in the fcs non league play is anywhere near discussion for top 8 seed. So leave the conference pride discussion at the door when we talk about seeding.

So what gives Chattanooga the resume of a top 8 seed? The loss to the OVC champ in OT? The loss to Tennessee? Tell me what did Chatt do to deserve a seed?

Bison Fan in NW MN
The best resume would be undefeated against this level, or at the very least, not getting exposed by 20.

Still the best resume of any team right now.

Go sit in the corner and play with your legos....xnodx

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM

And who would that be?

stevdock
November 22nd, 2014, 09:27 PM

I know they are not eligible for the playoffs, but then why isn't Harvard ranked #1?? I mean the are undefeated against FCS schools. Heck they are undefeated against all D1 schools. Don't think anyone else can say that??

smilo
November 22nd, 2014, 09:30 PM

1. I'm a CAA fan.
2. OK, we can ignore Cal Poly and Northern Arizona and 2 FBS wins in Iowa State and Ball State. I don't know what you expect a conference to accomplish in the non-conference. What they did is pretty darn good and hard to do any better whatsoever. Not like any of those are better than every single one of your wins. Samford comes close but not really. What did your conference do? Lose to Gardner-Webb? And Presbyterian? Wow, so much talent.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2014, 09:31 PM
I know they are not eligible for the playoffs, but then why isn't Harvard ranked #1?? I mean the are undefeated against FCS schools. Heck they are undefeated against all D1 schools. Don't think anyone else can say that??
While we are at it, Marshall should be the #1 spot in the FBS tournament

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 09:31 PM
I don't see a scenario that allows for it until the semis...but I'd love another crack at Jax State.

- - - Updated - - -

but we will all see it tomorrow!!!

Maybe you will get your wish... given the tenor of the game on your home field, I don't think I would want to play us in Jacksonville if I were a Moc fan.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2014, 09:37 PM
1. I'm a CAA fan.
2. OK, we can ignore Cal Poly and Northern Arizona and 2 FBS wins in Iowa State and Ball State. I don't know what you expect a conference to accomplish in the non-conference. What they did is pretty darn good and hard to do any better whatsoever. Not like any of those are better than every single one of your wins. Samford comes close but not really. What did your conference do? Lose to Gardner-Webb? And Presbyterian? Wow, so much talent.

Strange also that Ball State beat Central Michigan who as we all know was one of Chattanooga's losses.

Milktruck74
November 22nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
Maybe you will get your wish... given the tenor of the game on your home field, I don't think I would want to play us in Jacksonville if I were a Moc fan.

This year we have played much better on the road...

THE HERD
November 22nd, 2014, 09:42 PM

If Chatty plays UNI the Panthers will send you guys home with an "I just #%cked the neighbors cat look on your faces"

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:43 PM
1. I'm a CAA fan.

We went 7-0 by an average of 24.4 a game. We beat the teams who had terrible OOC losses from the socon by around 30 a game. I think we showed we aren't one of these teams. Again, leave the conference pride discussion at the door.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2014, 09:44 PM
We went 7-0 by an average of 24.4 a game. We beat the teams who had terrible OOC losses from the socon by around 30 a game. I think we showed we aren't one of these teams. Again, leave the conference pride discussion at the door.

I think the fact that you dominated your conference is more of a negative on them than a positive on you.

SIUSalukiFan
November 22nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure why we are having this discussion.

They should just set a North Dakota State/Chattanooga championship game right now and use the next month to hype it.

FargoBison
November 22nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure why we are having this discussion.

They should just set a North Dakota State/Chattanooga championship game right now and use the next month to hype it.

Could be a quarterfinal game....

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:46 PM
Strange also that Ball State beat Central Michigan who as we all know was one of Chattanooga's losses.

Central michigan is still higher than them in the standings.

Rabbit3467
November 22nd, 2014, 09:48 PM
Id love to see SDSU in Chats bracket and not have to meet NDSU early again in the playoffs. Let us play some teams from the East.

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 09:49 PM
This year we have played much better on the road...

I think that has more to do with the teams you played on the road. Aside from WCU, they stank horrifically...and WCU really ain't much. Compare your @ TTU, to our VS TTU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
Id love to see SDSU in Chats bracket and not have to meet NDSU early again in the playoffs. Let us play some teams from the East.

No, I want NDSU to murder them, you have to wait until next year.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 09:54 PM
I think that has more to do with the teams you played on the road. Aside from WCU, they stank horrifically...and WCU really ain't much. Compare your @ TTU, to our VS TTU.

In reality, the Chattanooga win is the best win you guys have. The fact that you beat them shows the strength of your team. Personally I'd like to see other teams that don't create as many matchup problems for us. Frankly, despite the fact that you guys dominated us in many ways eaely in the year I think there are teams you could face that would be better for your team as well.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
In reality, the Chattanooga win is the best win you guys have. The fact that you beat them shows the strength of your team. Personally I'd like to see other teams that don't create as many matchup problems for us. Frankly, despite the fact that you guys dominated us in many ways eaely in the year I think there are teams you could face that would be better for your team as well.

How do you even know who presents a matchup problem for you? You lost to the only ranked team you played.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2014, 10:04 PM
Chattanooga is right around the level of ISUb.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
Chattanooga is right around the level of ISUb.

Actually I was going to say they're pretty much Coastal Carolina except the SoCon still has a faint shine on them from when they were good.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
I bet the selection committee will just award the NC to Chatty tomorrow.

Cocky
November 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Other than having home games, I could careless about our seed or who we play.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet the selection committee will just award the NC to Chatty tomorrow.
Or give all 24 spots to the MVC.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
How do you even know who presents a matchup problem for you? You lost to the only ranked team you played.

Samford is better than halfof the top 25 and most of the mvfc. Top 25 means nothing. Also football doesn't start over every year. I have an idea of what creates matchup problems for our team from past years as well. Stfu.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Samford is better than halfnof thw top 25 and most of the mvfc. Top 25 means nothing. Also football doesn't start over wvery year. I have an idea od what creates matchup problems for our team from past years as well. Stfu.

If the top 25 means nothing why were you having a stroke over Chattys spot in the top 25 last week?

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM

I think he is probably referring to the mismatch of our DL vs their OL... but most OL's have the same problem against us. Our DL is elite...perhaps the best defensive front in the FCS. Combined with an offense that topped 600 yards four times this season, and we are a dangerous team to play.

Chatty has a good DL, but I wouldn't trade our 2 deep...wouldn't even think about it. Yeah, we have some FBS transfers - I am ok with that.

blackbeard
November 22nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
I don't get it, Fordham loses at FBS Army, CCU loses at home to Liberty. Everyone dropping Fordham as a seed but CCU still on everyone's list getting a seed.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Or give all 24 spots to the MVC.

If they had 24 in the conference I would say why not.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Samford is better than halfnof thw top 25 and most of the mvfc. Top 25 means nothing. Also football doesn't start over wvery year. I have an idea od what creates matchup problems for our team from past years as well. Stfu.

Samford who also feasted on your weak ass SoCon bull**** with a DII and a basically Junior College team as side dishes.

Holy ****, you're ****ing delusional.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
If the top 25 means nothing why were you having a stroke over Chattys spot in the top 25 last week?

Because it means nothing in terms of how good you are and everything in terms of how good you are perceived to be.

Bison56
November 22nd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Because it means nothing in terms of how good you are and everything in terms of how good you are perceived to be.

Don't get so angry I still love you.xsmiley_wix

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Look, this is why the playoffs are so great. The pretenders will find out what real football is like pretty quickly.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Look, this is why the playoffs are so great. The pretenders will find out what real football is like pretty quickly.

You'd think that a team in the middle of one of the greatest runs in FCS history, whose toughest playoff game in all 3 years was arguably a socon team, would understand that it is possible that a team who dominated that league could be decent.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:30 PM
You'd think that a team in the middle of one of the greatest runs in FCS history, whose toughest playoff game in all 3 years was arguably a socon team, would understand that it is possible that a team who dominated that league could be decent.

It's not the same league by a long shot.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 10:31 PM

Yeah...ignore those UNI games against NDSU...or the WIU game...yeah...ignore those

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
It's not the same league by a long shot.

No but many of the players are the same. We have the same dline, same qb, same rb, same TE, a couple of the same lineman as we did 2 years ago. Just as indiana state probably does.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
No but many of the players are the same. We have the same dline, same qb, same rb, same TE, a couple of the same lineman as we did 2 years ago. Just as indiana state probably does.

But you weren't the team that gave them the great game in the playoffs...

chattownmocs
Yeah...ignore those UNI games against NDSU...or the WIU game...yeah...ignore those

I didn't say they have never played a close conference game or that the furman game was close. I just don't understand the outrage and dismissal of the idea we could beat uni. I expect it at this point but just saying no uni would win would make your argument better than uni would crush you because you play in the socon.

FargoBison

Too bad GSU left the SoCon....If they were still here then we could all sit around talking about the possibility of playing another tough game against a SoCon team.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
I didn't say they have never played a close conference game or that the furman game was close. I just don't understand the outrage and dismissal of the idea we could beat uni. I expect it at this point but just saying no uni would win would make your argument better than uni would crush you because you play in the socon.

I don't think I ever said that.

Though the SoCon is pretty garbage right now

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:37 PM
Too bad GSU left the SoCon....If they were still here then we could all sit around talking about the possibility of playing another tough game against a SoCon team.

Exactly.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:38 PM
But you weren't the team that gave them the great game in the playoffs...

No. GSU beat us at home by 1 at home in 2011. Wofford beat us in ot at home in 2012. We had some pretty good freshman and sophomores those years that are now juniors and seniors. I wouldn't expect you to have heard of them though. Davis tull, derrick lott, josh freeman, keon williams, faysaal shafaat, jacob huesman.

Rabbit3467
November 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM

I think SDSU or UNI would crush you at this point. UNI's last loss was to SDSU at UNI. SDSU now has its senior QB back, I am just sick of only playing west coast teams in the playoffs. Let us go east. See some new teams in the playoffs other than big sky, or MVFC

NoDak 4 Ever
November 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
No. GSU beat us at home by 1 at home in 2011. Wofford beat us in ot at home in 2012. We had some pretty good freshman and sophomores those years that are now juniors and seniors. I wouldn't expect you to have heard of them though. Davis tull, derrick lott, josh williams, keon williams, faysaal shafaat, jacob huesman.

I hope they enjoy the 1 more game they'll get this season.

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
I hope they enjoy the 1 more game they'll get this season.

So chattanooga won't be a seed and will lose to any of the potential first round opponents they play against. Wishful thinking.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 10:55 PM
I think SDSU or UNI would crush you at this point. UNI's last loss was to SDSU at UNI. SDSU now has its senior QB back, I am just sick of only playing west coast teams in the playoffs. Let us go east. See some new teams in the playoffs other than big sky, or MVFC

5 wins in a row by an average score of 34-16
2 over top 5 tops (both are the only loses of the season for both of those teams)
8-2 against FCS
#1 rush defense in the conference
#2 scoring defense (under 20 ppg)
top 2 or 3 pass defense in the conference
Forced 26 turnovers (+10 on the season)
Scored on 40 of 41 redzone trips (97.6)
Holding teams to less than 28% 3rd down conversion rate
Best individual player in the FCS
Best special teams in the conference

Is that reason enough to think UNI would beat Chatty....?

chattownmocs
November 22nd, 2014, 10:57 PM
2 over top 5 tops (both are the only loses of the season for both of those teams)
8-2 against FCS

Chattanooga is better in most of those categories.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 11:02 PM

You play in a **** conference

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2014, 11:12 PM
After years of waiting, I'm just glad we are in and will take whoever we get. My prediction is Liberty will get a home gave vs the W&M UR winner. But who knows.

I think you'd better plan on a road trip North on Rte 29, East on I 64 to Exit 183.

UNI Pike
November 22nd, 2014, 11:15 PM
Massey would disagree - heartily

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 11:17 PM
8-2 against FCS

Ignoring the conference comparisons, and looking at stats against similar teams (not necessarily same, but similar philosophies and talent levels), I think UNI's defense is similar to Jax State's, and that would bode well for you against Chatty. If you have a dominant DL, they have trouble, and you guys are physical.

I don't think your offense is quite as good as JSU's, but you are in the same zip code. Comparing stats is no good because of your conference, but from what I have seen from you, UNI's team really is similar to the Gamecocks. I hope we are in opposite brackets because regardless of who wins, we would beat each other up.

You would probably beat Chatty, but I don't think it would be a blowout. Chatty's defense is actually pretty good, regardless of the foul odor emanating from their conference. They can hold the scoring down. We went uber conservative against them when it became evident that their offense was ineffective against our defense. You might open it up and win by a couple of TD's, but I don't think it would be a huge margin.

knucklehead
November 22nd, 2014, 11:17 PM
I think you'd better plan on a road trip North on Rte 29, East on I 64 to Exit 183.
No chance they outbid Liberty. Nope.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Ignoring the conference comparisons, and looking at stats against similar teams (not necessarily same, but similar philosophies and talent levels), I think UNI's defense is similar to Jax State's, and that would bode well for you against Chatty. If you have a dominant DL, they have trouble, and you guys are physical.

I don't think your offense is quite as good as JSU's, but you are in the same zip code. Comparing stats is no good because of your conference, but from what I have seen from you, UNI's team really is similar to the Gamecocks. I hope we are in opposite brackets because regardless of who wins, we would beat each other up.

You would probably beat Chatty, but I don't think it would be a blowout. Chatty's defense is actually pretty good, regardless of the foul odor emanating from their conference. They can hold the scoring down. We went uber conservative against them when it became evident that their offense was ineffective against our defense. You might open it up and win by a couple of TD's, but I don't think it would be a huge margin.
UNI's DL is top 2 or 3 in the nation.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2014, 11:20 PM
UNI's DL is top 2 or 3 in the nation in offsides penalties.

FIFY xangelx

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
UNI's DL is top 2 or 3 in the nation.

...like I said, you guys are a lot like JSU. If we end up playing, it will be a slobber-knocker. Hopefully we will be full strength by then.

clenz
November 22nd, 2014, 11:29 PM
FIFY xangelx

least penalized team in the conference in conference play...

I think UNI was called for off sides 4 times this year...all 4 on X and all 4 on turnover/change of possession plays

jmufan999
November 22nd, 2014, 11:31 PM

no, that won't happen. you'll be paired up with JMU, and your bid of $2.74 million will win the day. see you in Lynchburg. oh, and see you again there in 2015. and probably 2017, 2018, and maybe another playoff game somewhere in there. all in Lynchburg. gotta love the FCS playoff system.

and yes, i'm bitter before even watching the selection show because i already know what's going to happen.

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2014, 01:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=67gUGnYca3Q

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM

I'm the guy whose worn the same exact t-shirt and jacket (regardless of weather) to every UNI game I've been to since 2009 (the shirt is from 07).

I get it, doesn't mean it's not silly

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2014, 01:20 AM
no, that won't happen. you'll be paired up with JMU, and your bid of $2.74 million will win the day. see you in Lynchburg. oh, and see you again there in 2015. and probably 2017, 2018, and maybe another playoff game somewhere in there. all in Lynchburg. gotta love the FCS playoff system.

and yes, i'm bitter before even watching the selection show because i already know what's going to happen.

That seems like an appropriate bid for about 20 playoff games.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 01:28 AM

Umm.... Who the **** is bidding 2.74 million?

Minimum is only like 35k. Most schools fall between 60 and 80 with some going to 100ish to ensure a host

Twentysix
November 23rd, 2014, 01:34 AM

Minimum is only like 35k. Most schools fall between 60 and 80 work some going to 100ish to ensure a host

Yeah, I think we have bid around 125k in the past. And that certainly isn't the norm for the FCS.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2014, 01:51 AM
Liberty marches to their own beat, and then some. I could see them saying screw it and put up a 1/4 mil....xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm the guy whose worn the same exact t-shirt and jacket (regardless of weather) to every UNI game I've been to since 2009 (the shirt is from 07).

This explains why we keep losing. :)

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 07:38 AM

Liberty has a good team, But JMU has been playing as well as any team in FCS the last several weeks. I think you can beat them where ever the game is scheduled.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 08:00 AM

Both schools (Liberty and Richmond) don't seem to be stingy with athletics $$$. I get what your saying, I've been to Liberty many times for sporting events, including football. But the Spiders have similar enthusiasm and very deep pockets. If you get JMU instead, perhaps you're no chance prediction is more accurate; although they have the biggest stadium, and biggest ticket price. between their own fans, and all the LU fans who would travel 1.5 hours, they would fill Bridgeforth and generate enough game revenue to afford a hefty bid. You could very well be right, but you still might end up travelling to a first round playoff game.

TheRevSFA
November 23rd, 2014, 08:06 AM

So if I were to look for you I would just have to find some smelly clothing

MacThor
November 23rd, 2014, 08:08 AM
Liberty has God's money to bid.

JMU deserves to get a home game in that fancy expanded stadium. They could get EKU.

I'm sure EKU is tired of going to UR for first round games. UR's run to the semi's in '07 and championship in '08 both started with home wins against EKU.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
So if I were to look for you I would just have to find some smelly clothing

Nah...unlike most I wash my clothes regularly.

I wear that jacket quite a bit.
The t-shirt is pretty ratty at this point. Only worn under the jacket or for chores around the yard. The left sleeve might as well be cut off at this point, it's hanging by about 1/4 of the original threads

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:14 AM
When it comes to the bidding process do you bid by round? For example, could UNI bid their way to a seed. I would hate for them to bid for the roof for a "first round" home game when theyll get one of those with a minimum bid.

Nickels
November 23rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
0% chance SELA outbids SHSU

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
When it comes to the bidding process do you bid by round? For example, could UNI bid their way to a seed. I would hate for them to bid for the roof for a "first round" home game when theyll get one of those with a minimum bid.

bid by round

bids aren't opened until after the game is set to see home games. bids don't matter in any other way

seeds will always host as long as they hit the minimum bid

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2014, 08:23 AM
I didn't mean to make this LU vs JMU. I was simply saying that it being LU's first time in, I'm sure they bid high to get that game at home. I have been to 2 JMU games this year including yesterday and they ARE very good. With UR, LU, Morgan St , and JMU all in, there are options that is all.

Oh by the way, Williams Stadium seats 20 plus and is an extremely nice facility as well. I know JMUs is a sweet but I'm sure the commitre knows how nice LUs stadium is as well.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:42 AM
Oh okay, bids dont matter my ass... you think Montana has gotten seeds at 9 amd 2 a dozen times in the last 15 years because "they deserved it on the field....?"

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Oh okay, bids dont matter my ass... you think Montana has gotten seeds at 9 amd 2 a dozen times in the last 15 years because "they deserved it on the field....?"

That *might* be the case but it has nothing to do with the bids.

That would have to do with Montana being Montana...not their bids.

nmatsen
November 23rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good point, for the most part you would think the committee knows an idea of what those numbers are under the envelope. If you think someone like dannen doesnt know what every potential team's average attendence is your crazy...

EKU Toss Sweep
November 23rd, 2014, 09:45 AM
Good point, for the most part you would think the committee knows an idea of what those numbers are under the envelope. If you think someone like dannen doesnt know what every potential team's average attendence is your crazy...

There are teams that draw well and do not bid strong for the 1st round. There are teams that draw poorly and will bid strong in the 1st round. While the committee doesn't open the envelopes until after the games are set, they know enough about past bids to try and avoid leaving money on the table. Bids and geography both come in to play and that's just one of the reasons this message board will be a circus in 15 minutes.

jmufan999
November 23rd, 2014, 11:41 AM

Minimum is only like 35k. Most schools fall between 60 and 80 with some going to 100ish to ensure a host

it was sarcasm.

Pitz
November 23rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
Damn, almost a perfect bracket! Nailed six of eight first round match-ups and their second round opponents. Only swapped the JMU and Richmond opponents and the 1/2 and 4/5 seeds.

smilo
November 24th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Damn, almost a perfect bracket! Nailed six of eight first round match-ups and their second round opponents. Only swapped the JMU and Richmond opponents and the 1/2 and 4/5 seeds.

And it was posted before the UR/WMU result. If WMU won, you know liberty is getting a home game too which would make his bracket perfect. Part of the problem is the Richmond liberty regular season game which he had no way to factor. Incredible.

McNeese75
November 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
0% chance SELA outbids SHSU

Nailed that xnodx