PDA

View Full Version : CSU tries to reach 10 wins for first time!

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
CSU has a chance this week to do something no team (at CSU) has ever done before, a ten win season. A Big South "CO"-Championship is also at stake on Saturday.
A play-off bid is not at stake for the Bucs, but one would be a fool not to realize the strides the program has made. However, there’s still a long way to go. The program has made great strides the last four years and I believe Jay Mills will continue to move the program forward.

You’ll probably flame……………….

But that just shows ignorance

AppGuy04
November 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
While a 10 win season is a great accomplishment, it means absolutely nothing at this point. Your goal for the rest of this season should be to keep Coastal from taking a playoff spot.

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM
While a 10 win season is a great accomplishment, it means absolutely nothing at this point.
You’re absolutely right, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t. I was feeling down, as if the whole season was a waist, and was looking to next week as unimportant because Co-Champion is not your original goal. Then I began looking on the brighter side. I see the milestones that the program has made this year and the opportunity to accomplish another milestone on Saturday.

Dabnus Brickey
November 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM
You’re absolutely right, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t. I was feeling down, as if the whole season was a waist, and was looking to next week as unimportant because Co-Champion is not your original goal. Then I began looking on the brighter side. I see the milestones that the program has made this year and the opportunity to accomplish another milestone on Saturday.
:bawling:

AppGuy04
November 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Playoffs or no playoffs, a 10 win season is at the least, a great recruiting tool. Also, maybe it will give your AD a kick in the ass and learn his lesson.

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Also, maybe it will give your AD a kick in the ass and learn his lesson.

I will defend the AD a little bit in terms of scheduling, he had two D-1’s drop us late leaving us with little options. But still, you’re right.

AppGuy04
November 12th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I will defend the AD a little bit in terms of scheduling, he had two D-1’s drop us late leaving us with little options. But still, you’re right.

We had the same thing happen to us, but thats only 2. If you take those 2 out of the equation, thats still 2 too many. A team like CSU or any other non autobid team should have ZERO DII's on their schedule and especially no NAIA's

OL FU
November 12th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I am very proud of another up and coming South Carolina program:nod:

The Cats
November 12th, 2006, 04:21 PM
CSU has a chance this week to do something no team (at CSU) has ever done before, a ten win season. A Big South "CO"-Championship is also at stake on Saturday.
A play-off bid is not at stake for the Bucs, but one would be a fool not to realize the strides the program has made. However, there’s still a long way to go. The program has made great strides the last four years and I believe Jay Mills will continue to move the program forward.

You’ll probably flame……………….

But that just shows ignorance

"You’ll probably flame………………."

Why post stuff you know you will catch hell for???????:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

Dabnus Brickey
November 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM
He came onto coastalfans.com and ran his mouth so much he's been banned until after the CSU/CCU game this weekend.

BigDaddyBennett
November 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
"You’ll probably flame………………."

Why post stuff you know you will catch hell for???????:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

He likes to play the role of the martyr. CSU BUCS pm me if you need to know the definition of that word.:smiley_wi

Dabnus Brickey
November 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
And make sure you copy down how to spell it...

November 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Applause for Charleston Southern!

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

and please leave the smack for a different board CCU fans...

MarkCCU
November 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
can't win them all

rokamortis
November 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM
and please leave the smack for a different board CCU fans...

We should be careful - people that talk a lot of smack usually get theirs. We should all be respectful of our friends from CSU and hope for a terrific game.

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
He came onto coastalfans.com and ran his mouth so much he's been banned until after the CSU/CCU game this weekend.

You guys banned me for one smackish post? Really? I thought you guys had tougher skin than that. As I said in my post I wasn’t coming back until after the game anyways.

As I’ve said before, the program has came along way but we still have even further to go. Facilities upgrades and what not will take years.

At least we’re heading in the right direction……………………
and the people who have provided money for us to offer the maximum scholarships can now see it wasn’t a waist. Maybe now after a possible 10 win season they will be more willing to send money towards football in the future.

Dabnus Brickey
November 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM
That was a pretty bad comeback....

November 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM
That was a pretty bad comeback....This is not a comeback match, the smack board is for that.

ravens
November 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM
can now see it wasn’t a waist.

Dude, this is your second post about waists. Are you making fun of my size ????

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Dude, this is your second post about waists. Are you making fun of my size ????
Stop taking Dabnus Brickey's job away. He can't feal good about grading my post if you beat him to it. Now leave this one alone and let Dabnus handle it. It's between me and Dabnus the History teacher who really wants to teach english.

chantman
November 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I for one hope we blow out the Bucs and are able to play our 2nd teamers in the 4th.

That being said, I think it is great the year CSU has had. It add meaning to the final game of the season and it shows that The Citadel is not the only I-AA show in Charleston.

November 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
... I think it is great the year CSU has had. It add meaning to the final game of the season and it shows that The Citadel is not the only I-AA show in Charleston.X__________________ co-sign

SuperJon
November 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I have respect for CSU's program. Their coach is a flat out class act and their players handled the LU pranks like pros and just laughed them off. There were no dirty plays or anything like that that I could see.

With that being said, I'm one of the few people on here (possibly the only person) that has seen CSU play in person and has seen CCU play in person. I realize it's a rivalry game and crazy things happen in rivalry games, but if CCU doesn't win by two scores then I will be very surprised.

CSU is an up and coming program and they're moving in the right direction. However, with that being said, it's hard to go from the Edward Waters and Wingates of the world to playing LU and CCU in back to back weeks. They're moving in the right direction, I just don't think they're there yet.

CSU BUCS
November 12th, 2006, 07:38 PM
They're moving in the right direction, I just don't think they're there yet.
You’re right, we aren’t there yet.
It’s another tough road game. I think we can win it, we just have to be more focused than we were at LU. We had missed opportunities, dropped balls etc… that can just start snow balling on you when you’re on the road. It’s easier to rebound from mistakes at home. Really, I don’t see how Coastal could be a more hostile environment than Lynchburg. Students being on the home side and all. The LU students treated it like it was a Basketball game (that’s great though) CSU is a better team than how they played Saturday, I’m not trying to take anything away from LU (I’m not one of those guys), they obviously were the better team.

I’m looking forward to my 2nd trip to Conway to watch the Bucs and Chants play.

Coastal89
November 12th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I’m not trying to take anything away from LU (I’m not one of those guys), they obviously were the better team.

Welcome to the party, we all knew that about 6 weeks ago though.

BigDaddyBennett
November 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
You’re right, we aren’t there yet.
It’s another tough road game. I think we can win it, we just have to be more focused than we were at LU. We had missed opportunities, dropped balls etc… that can just start snow balling on you when you’re on the road. It’s easier to rebound from mistakes at home. Really, I don’t see how Coastal could be a more hostile environment than Lynchburg. Students being on the home side and all. The LU students treated it like it was a Basketball game (that’s great though) CSU is a better team than how they played Saturday, I’m not trying to take anything away from LU (I’m not one of those guys), they obviously were the better team.

I’m looking forward to my 2nd trip to Conway to watch the Bucs and Chants play.

We will have students on both sides of the field. There will be a majority on our sideline, but there will be our band and a host of students behind your sideline. I haven't been to a game at Liberty yet, but I have been in some pretty hostile places (GSU was probably the worst). I can guarantee you this though, Brooks Stadium WILL be a very hostile environment for you to play in this Saturday. Every CCU fan that I know marked two major games down on our schedule this season. Furman was one, and this one was the other. We have been waiting on this one for a while. I can promise a big crowd will be there.

Dabnus Brickey
November 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM
CSU BUCS is writing an autobiography.

"Me right booke."

csuBUC06
November 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM
i'll be there:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

SuperJon
November 12th, 2006, 09:50 PM
We will have students on both sides of the field. There will be a majority on our sideline, but there will be our band and a host of students behind your sideline. I haven't been to a game at Liberty yet, but I have been in some pretty hostile places (GSU was probably the worst). I can guarantee you this though, Brooks Stadium WILL be a very hostile environment for you to play in this Saturday. Every CCU fan that I know marked two major games down on our schedule this season. Furman was one, and this one was the other. We have been waiting on this one for a while. I can promise a big crowd will be there.

Coastal overall may be more hostile that LU because LU has the Baptist side that does nothing, but having 4000-6000 students directly behind the bench is why it's hostile to opposing teams. The amount of students on the 544 side of the stadium is very slim. I think the student section should be moved over there anyways, right in the middle on the 50. Where it is now Coastal gains no advantage. Have it over there and you'd have an instant advantage.

Chants '07
November 13th, 2006, 12:17 AM
This game has been circled ever since that clock hit 0:00 last year at CSU.
Student tickets will be gone by Wednesday, the boys will have on ALL BLACK, and Brooks Stadium will be ROCKIN ON SENIOR DAY, the first TRUE SENIOR DAY! 30+ seniors playing in their final game at Brooks, this could get ugly for the BUCS!!!

The onyl thing in CSU's corner right now is the fact that the dorms will be closed at Saturday by 12. Hopefully they'll allow the students to stay atleast until Sunday so they are able to watch the game.

Chants '07
November 13th, 2006, 12:48 AM
It's going to be SENIOR DAY at Brooks Stadium. This group of guys have played together for four years, the majority have been here since the FIRST GAME. What more could you ask for as a senior? The chance to clinch a 3rd straight conference title, clinch the FIRST EVER PLAYOFF BERTH IN PROGRAM HISTORY, and payback against a team that shouldn't be able to stay on the field with you.

Can we play tomorrow?

rokamortis
November 13th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Love the sig '07.

I expect this game to be a battle. CSU has a great offense and a good defense and they are going to try and make another statement against us.

CSU BUCS
November 13th, 2006, 05:30 AM
CSU BUCS is writing an autobiography.

"Me right booke."

That's funnyxlolx

Dabnus Brickey
November 13th, 2006, 07:21 AM
I think I would have a hard time celebrating 10 wins with that schedule.

Ol Blue
November 14th, 2006, 07:20 AM
CSU and Mills are both class acts. Credit should go to the coaching staff and the emphasis they put on faith. My son called me this weekend and said that Mills addressed the team Monday and recapped the positive season and how much it means to an up and coming football team like CSU. My son said he never sat in on a more positive coaches meeting, after a loss, in his life.

They still have one more goal to accomplish and then the season will be over.

Win or lose, I'm always appreciative to be associated with a team and a head coach that puts the most important things at the top of their list.

MarkCCU
November 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM
guys, i won't be able to make the game saturday. I bitched and moan but my old parents need my help moving outta thier home and into the new one...and they chose this weekend to start after i told them i had plans...Gadfly already gave me the hairy eyeball last nite for it and i'm gonna miss seeing the Bucs lose at Brooks Stadium again....:(

The Gadfly
November 14th, 2006, 11:37 AM
guys, i won't be able to make the game saturday. I bitched and moan but my old parents need my help moving outta thier home and into the new one...and they chose this weekend to start after i told them i had plans...Gadfly already gave me the hairy eyeball last nite for it and i'm gonna miss seeing the Bucs lose at Brooks Stadium again....:(

Ahhhh. . . the Hairy Eyeball. I should wax that SOB.

Don't worry Buc Fans, I'm not counting you out.

D.B. - Are you suuuuure you're not Lapper? :eyebrow:

drjman
November 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM
CSU fans can be proud of their wins -- the schedule hasn't been too much different over the previous three years when we were 1-11, 5-5, 7-4.

We do, however, need to get the DIIs off the sked, and most surely the NAIAs. Games with teams like Liberty, the Citadel, and CCU can only help the program in the long run.

I understand we're close to signing a top 5 (this year) I-A team. Any of those on Coastal's radar (serious question)?

drjman
November 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Presby--a team we've played (and lost to) constantly will be I-AA next year. Would love to get SC State back on our schedule again. We played them for a while but haven't in about four or five years.

Ol Blue
November 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM
CSU fans can be proud of their wins -- the schedule hasn't been too much different over the previous three years when we were 1-11, 5-5, 7-4.

We do, however, need to get the DIIs off the sked, and most surely the NAIAs. Games with teams like Liberty, the Citadel, and CCU can only help the program in the long run.

I understand we're close to signing a top 5 (this year) I-A team. Any of those on Coastal's radar (serious question)? Course one could argue Appy.....naaaah.

2008 I think.;)

drjman
November 14th, 2006, 12:57 PM
2008 I think.;)

Thanks, I forgot to put "for 2008" but what I meant the team we're trying to get is in the top 5 this year.

CCU97
November 14th, 2006, 01:08 PM
We have had contact with several teams but nothing is final yet...

MarkCCU
November 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM

you'd think they'd know we are anti-rooster mascot

Dabnus Brickey
November 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM

What's a Lapper?

CCU97
November 14th, 2006, 03:10 PM
On occasions I can be Dab...oh wait....he was talking bout Sand Lapper

MarkCCU
November 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
What's a Lapper?

Lapper is a fellow Chanticleer, he was on this site as well as Coastalfans and would always stiru p **** and go against CCU. Lapper, Gadfly and Myself are the ones that go full force every time someone mentions a mascot change

MarkCCU
November 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
but a Sandlapper is the term the Lobsterbacks gave to the South Caorlina militiamen that would lie on the beaches and on the ground, shooting at the enemy

Jaques
November 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Lapper is a fellow Chanticleer, he was on this site as well as Coastalfans and would always stiru p **** and go against CCU. Lapper, Gadfly and Myself are the ones that go full force every time someone mentions a mascot change

Until I join the debate.:smiley_wi

CSU BUCS
November 14th, 2006, 05:43 PM

I understand we're close to signing a top 5 (this year) I-A team. Any of those on Coastal's radar (serious question)?

What do you know about the schedule next year?

I know we have a 4 year deal with Wofford starting next year.

I also know that we have finalized a deal to play a BIG DOG in 2009 and are close to completing deals with two more 1-A schools for ‘08 and 2011.

What else have you heard.?

Dabnus Brickey
November 14th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I am indeed a Chanticleer. Need you ask, my friend?

BigDaddyBennett
November 16th, 2006, 05:25 AM

Is he really??? I thought he quit on us because I made some comments that got him all pissed off.

Dabnus is nothing close to Sandlapper. He is more like the anti-lapper. Have you noticed his avatar? Do you think that Lapper would have that there?

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I'm happy with my avatar. I took this pic of Chauncey acting "a fool" at the CSU game last year. Although, Lapper's avatar may be the best I've seen. I'm going to try to find a better one.

<----- How's this?

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Looks like the weather will be perfect for a great game!

Chants '07
November 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
It'll get ugly QUICK!!!

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:55 AM
You wish. It will be a very close game.

Chants '07
November 16th, 2006, 06:58 PM
You see the difference in our posts is that mine was made with great CONFIDENCE yours was made with little hope! CCU possessess the most athletic team that CSU has seen since we came to Charleston last year. The only difference is that last year we were a run first offense, this year we've opened it up and have one of the best QB/WR combos in the COUNTRY!!!
lol

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I really don't think CSU gets it.

CSU BUCS
November 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
You see the difference in our posts is that mine was made with great CONFIDENCE yours was made with little hope! CCU possessess the most athletic team that CSU has seen since we came to Charleston last year. The only difference is that last year we were a run first offense, this year we've opened it up and have one of the best QB/WR combos in the COUNTRY!!!
lol
lol

Dabnus Brickey
November 17th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Why are you laughing?

Coastal-Effect
November 17th, 2006, 11:11 AM
It'll get ugly QUICK!!!

Man i can see Sam Harper,Jamar Leath,Etc Hammering Collin Draft in the turf right now.: smash : : retard : :bawling::nod: xlolx

HailToTheChants
November 17th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I think this will be a well fought game, but will not even be close when it comes to the final score. CSU is going to lose big. Score Prediction: CCU 45 - CSU 17 xcoffeex

HAIL TO THE CHANTS

CSU Girl
November 18th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Today is the day boys! and we are ready!

CoastalFan2005
November 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM

:doh:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. See the smack forum for more.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
It'll get ugly QUICK!!!

Well actually it took until halftime and still never got ugly, just sloppy.

SoCon48
November 18th, 2006, 11:04 PM

So that's what happened. The CSU players spent halftime with the girls instead of the coach. That's why the CSU QB was throwing 10 yd ducks to receivers who were 30 yds downfield.:eek:

CarolinaGirl
November 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

CCU - 2006 BIG SOUTH CHAMPIONS!!!

CarolinaGirl
November 18th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Hey CSU fans, stop on over to Crapsville for a drink or 5. Hattie will be happy to mix you a concoction that will be sure to kill the pain (or at least numb it for a while).
Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at home with your family....

CCU97
November 19th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Hail to the Chants and see you on the back row tomorrow CSU Bucs....good game you guys came out of the stalls quick and took a tough 2nd half to pull out the win and the 2006 Conference Championship!

Tealblood
November 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Do they serve Shirly Temples in the Crapsville Bar?

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Its so wonderful that they're quiet now.

CSUBUCDAD
November 19th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Don't hold your breath Dab, I am still observing a mandatory 24 hour cooling off period before I say a word. Until then, standby.................

drjman
November 19th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Hey CSU fans, stop on over to Crapsville for a drink or 5. Hattie will be happy to mix you a concoction that will be sure to kill the pain (or at least numb it for a while).
Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at home with your family....

And you'll be at home starting Saturday night as well...and I don't mean your home field either.

Souza
November 19th, 2006, 11:47 PM
And you'll be at home starting Saturday night as well...and I don't mean your home field either.

Is that supposed to hurt us? If we happen to lose is that somehow equal to you guys not even sniffing the playoff picture? Even if you beat us you wouldn't have qualified, yet if we lose while being in the playoffs you think its a clever comment to say we will be home saturday night? Wash out the sour grapes and understand we are the better team.

drjman
November 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Is that supposed to hurt us? If we happen to lose is that somehow equal to you guys not even sniffing the playoff picture? Even if you beat us you wouldn't have qualified, yet if we lose while being in the playoffs you think its a clever comment to say we will be home saturday night? Wash out the sour grapes and understand we are the better team.

Just responding to all the non-smack being put out there above. I hope nothing said about a football game hurts you too bad--if so you should get a life.

Check out my pics in another thread--you'll see some you like.

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Don't hold your breath Dab, I am still observing a mandatory 24 hour cooling off period before I say a word. Until then, standby.................

Oh dear...:eyebrow: