November 21st, 2014, 12:11 PM
https://twitter.com/MercerFootball/status/535812584625434624/photo/1

Let the 'bashing' begin...

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Bashing? Any clips of the segment?

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2014, 12:31 PM
It's on right now, I believe. No clips yet.

Bashing expected because they caught SportsCenter's (and many, many other media outlets) attention through this Big-Guy TD and Celebration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGwA3Lu3vo

Several SoCon posters harrumphed, harrumphed at them having fun. The refs didn't like it so much either.

PAllen
November 21st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah it's a flag, but nicely done, and fun too. Take the 15 yds and have some fun with this guy's once in a lifetime moment.

It's not like the coach had to burn a time out to avoid them from getting called for offsides for dancing too long after a sack.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hopefully he got flagged for that in appropriate act he tried on that one teammate. xlolx

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
Hahaha....the cartwheel was pretty awesome.

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2014, 12:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11914238

tomq04
November 21st, 2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah it's a flag, but nicely done, and fun too. Take the 15 yds and have some fun with this guy's once in a lifetime moment.

It's not like the coach had to burn a time out to avoid them from getting called for offsides for dancing too long after a sack.

Raiders last night? Can't believe they won!

edit- I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CHIEFS LOST

edit 2- Why am I shocked? It's Reid's MO to choke

Bison56
November 21st, 2014, 01:55 PM

And they just kept dancing, it was embarrassing. xnutsx

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2014, 01:59 PM
Enjoy the RT, Mercer :D

rokamortis
November 21st, 2014, 02:14 PM
Wait until the get on Outside the Lines, you may not like it so much then.

Good for Mercer but can't believe ESPN is covering just because of some gimmick play when they were running up the score on a hapless team.

Catamount87
November 21st, 2014, 02:22 PM
Let's take it easy on ole Mercer. They need something to hang their hat on after how they rolled through the SoCon this year.

chattownmocs
November 21st, 2014, 02:31 PM
Mercer is desperate for a recruiting edge they can get. Another lame story from a lame 1 win socon team.

dewey
November 21st, 2014, 02:38 PM
I love it. So they got a penalty called on them...no big deal. It was something that group of players, coaches and fans will never forget.

Dewey

chattownmocs
November 21st, 2014, 02:39 PM
I love it. So they got a penalty called on them...no big deal. It was something that group of players, coaches and fans will never forget.

Dewey

Its not an accomplishment

marenlee
November 21st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Normally I hate excessive celebration that we see way too much these days, especially in the NCAA ranks, but that one was hard not to like.

dewey
November 21st, 2014, 02:59 PM
Its not an accomplishment

No everything in life is about winning or losing.

Dewey

chattownmocs
November 21st, 2014, 03:01 PM
No everything in life is about winning or losing.

Dewey

They just manufactured this. Come on. They just decided they were going to do some bush league celebration that no one else does because no one else is this classless. The whole thing was just a regearsed stunt against a hapless opponent. Congrats mercer

dewey
November 21st, 2014, 03:07 PM
They just manufactured this. Come on. They just decided they were going to do some bush league celebration that no one else does because no one else is this classless. The whole thing was just a regearsed stunt against a hapless opponent. Congrats mercer

They broke the rules and were penalized for it. End of story.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2014, 03:09 PM

I really hope your ****ty program gets sent to NDSU and we can throat stomp you just because you are such a classless poster on here.

chattownmocs
November 21st, 2014, 03:16 PM
I really hope your ****ty program gets sent to NDSU and we can throat stomp you just because you are such a classless poster on here.

Wah wah wahhhh. Stfu bitch

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2014, 03:20 PM
Wah wah wahhhh. Stfu bitch

You shut the **** up. Every damn thread that covers ANYONE in the SoCon that sheds even a LITTLE bit of hope for that team is instantly shot down by your ****ty attitude. Now that your team is finally relevant in over 30 years you are talking **** thinking you are the big dog. Take a seat, kid. The mocs have a long ways to go and you probably need to grow up a little bit. These boards aren't for you to troll people and put down programs.

Good job to the Mercer players for HAVING FUN IN A GAME. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

chattownmocs
November 21st, 2014, 03:28 PM
You shut the **** up. Every damn thread that covers ANYONE in the SoCon that sheds even a LITTLE bit of hope for that team is instantly shot down by your ****ty attitude. Now that your team is finally relevant in over 30 years you are talking **** thinking you are the big dog. Take a seat, kid. The mocs have a long ways to go and you probably need to grow up a little bit. These boards aren't for you to troll people and put down programs.

Good job to the Mercer players for HAVING FUN IN A GAME. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

Yay...wait until we blowout a team and then pull of a rehearsed publicity stunt!!! Woohoo. Great job mercer. Really class accomplishment! Your are doing a great job drawing attwntion to yourself for nothing. Thats what the gqme is all about!

MUfan
November 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM
How dare those young men have fun while playing a game !!

superman7515
November 21st, 2014, 08:51 PM
I thought it was fun & funny. They got the penalty, as the refs are supposed to do, but I didn't think it was a big deal. I wish they'd allow a little more celebration than they do. Gone are the days of The Fun Bunch, the Icky Shuffle, the Dirty Bird, and the Funky Chicken.

At least the CFL still allows celebrations.

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2014, 09:10 PM
I thought it was fun & funny. They got the penalty, as the refs are supposed to do, but I didn't think it was a big deal. I wish they'd allow a little more celebration than they do. Gone are the days of The Fun Bunch, the Icky Shuffle, the Dirty Bird, and the Funky Chicken.

Once again I agree with Supe.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM

Yup, acting as it this is some big deal in the way of class and so forth is pure PC BS. They celebrated...BFD.

BearDownMU
November 22nd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Lol. I love this thread because when it came up on on SoCon thread it was pretty much universal condemnation. And this proves the point. The only people that are mad about it are other people in the SoCon.

And yes, we got one conference win this year and it was tough. We've been playing football games for exactly 2 years, it's our first year in the SoCon and have recruited exactly 1 scholarship class. That's fair. But we're two years old and lost to our conference champions in their back yard by 7. I'll take that. So, keep it coming on the insults. But I like the trajectory we are on.