PDA

View Full Version : The Playoff Avatar Challenge

Fordham
November 21st, 2014, 11:52 AM
This may go over like a lead balloon but I always thought it would be pretty cool if as many on here as possible did it as it would be a great homage to the team who eventually takes home the title.

When the playoffs start, I'd love to see everyone put the logo of a school from their conference who made the playoffs in as their avatar (obviously if your school made the playoffs you would keep the one you have as long as it reflects your school). Once the playoff start, if that team loses you adopt the helmet or logo of the team that beat you. That continues all the way through the playoffs to where a big chunk of the board is split into two for the finals and then hopefully pretty much the entire board changes to reflect/honor the champs for a week after the title game.

Just a thought. Fire away, but regardless of the ridicule I'll be doing this throughout the playoffs as I've done the past few years. Curious if I have to get a new NDSU logo this year or put up something else. It's a longshot but hoping to keep mine <changed back to Fordham> for as long as possible!

jmrepak
November 21st, 2014, 12:02 PM
This may go over like a lead balloon but I always thought it would be pretty cool if as many on here as possible did it as it would be a great homage to the team who eventually takes home the title.

When the playoffs start, I'd love to see everyone put the logo of a school from their conference who made the playoffs in as their avatar (obviously if your school made the playoffs you would keep the one you have as long as it reflects your school). Once the playoff start, if that team loses you adopt the helmet or logo of the team that beat you. That continues all the way through the playoffs to where a big chunk of the board is split into two for the finals and then hopefully pretty much the entire board changes to reflect/honor the champs for a week after the title game.

Just a thought. Fire away, but regardless of the ridicule I'll be doing this throughout the playoffs as I've done the past few years. Curious if I have to get a new NDSU logo this year or put up something else. It's a longshot but hoping to keep mine <changed back to Fordham> for as long as possible!
I did this last year on a bet with Bisonator. I think the bet was if Coastal dropped 20 on NDSU he had to post for a week with a Coastal Avatar of my choosing and if they didn't I had to post with an NDSU Avatar of his choosing. Needless to say I posted for a week with this...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18683&d=1387050832

Silenoz
November 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
When the playoffs start, I'd love to see everyone put the logo of a school from their conference who made the playoffs in as their avatar

Hah!

Maybe if Idaho State had made it

melloware13
November 21st, 2014, 12:10 PM
Time to research some UNH avatars for next week xsmhx

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2014, 12:13 PM
20105.......LED BALLOON.......xnodx....BRAWK!

Bisonator
November 21st, 2014, 01:02 PM
I did this last year on a bet with Bisonator. I think the bet was if Coastal dropped 20 on NDSU he had to post for a week with a Coastal Avatar of my choosing and if they didn't I had to post with an NDSU Avatar of his choosing. Needless to say I posted for a week with this...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18683&d=1387050832

That was fun. It looks way better then that chicken head! xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
I had one with a Sam Houston guy a couple years ago. He hasn't logged in since and it's still a Bison helmet.

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
I have a nickname avatar wager with someone that could end pretty ugly... xlolx

tomq04
November 21st, 2014, 01:37 PM
sounds like fun to me!

dewey
November 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
I am in. What the heck.

Dewey

tomq04
November 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
This may go over like a lead balloon ...

I thought it was "like a led zeppelin"

bonarae
November 21st, 2014, 11:13 PM
I think I'll do this for Fordham... since the IL doesn't participate in the playoffs... xsmhx

Panther-State
November 22nd, 2014, 03:10 AM
if ​UNI makes the playoffs I'd be more than happy to do something like this

Fordham
November 22nd, 2014, 04:31 AM
I thought it was "like a led zeppelin"

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Which-One-is-Led_o_145385.jpg

melloware13
November 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Set up

tomq04
November 23rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Which-One-is-Led_o_145385.jpg

It's the guy with long hair I think

Ramblin' Man
November 23rd, 2014, 05:00 PM
I think I'll do this for Fordham... since the IL doesn't participate in the playoffs... xsmhx

Excellent decision. Feel free to use my avatar (it's the logo used by our athletic department). xcoolx

Fordham
November 23rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
I think I'll do this for Fordham... since the IL doesn't participate in the playoffs... xsmhx. Awesome

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 07:52 PM
Does it have to be our conference or can it be for a team we're rooting for?

If so I might throw the Morgan State helmet in honor of Coach Hull. Was hoping my team could be William & Mary but, oh well...

Fordham
November 23rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
You're free to be as douchey as you'd like to your conference champ. The only rule is that whoever knocks off the team you chose, you then adopt that team's logo for your avatar

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
You're free to be as douchey as you'd like to your conference champ. The only rule is that whoever knocks off the team you chose, you then adopt that team's logo for your avatar

Hmmm, that makes it interesting. Thinking of donning Fordham or SHU then because I can root for whoever wins that one. And the winner of that will probably lose to UNH, who I can also root for. Don't want to get stuck with a UR or JMU avatar...

tomq04
December 6th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Bump. Anyone actually doing this?

Redbird Recon
December 6th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Bump. Anyone actually doing this?
I'm in if you're in.

bonarae
December 7th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Have been doing this because I'm not sure if other teams' logos (non-FCS or non-football ATM) are allowed as avatars (e.g. Chicago or ETSU).

If UNH is eliminated I'll be donning either one of the teams above.

Fordham
December 7th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Yep

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Bump, update it if you got 'em!

Fordham
December 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Bump

congrats Illinois St.!

bonarae
December 20th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I am bowing out effective immediately... but will update the avatar later.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2014, 10:53 PM
I am bowing out effective immediately... but will update the avatar later.
A man of his word, unlike a few here.

Fordham
January 12th, 2015, 08:19 AM
bump.

Congrats NDSU! Amazing finish to a great game