PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Unless I am mistaken, only ASU and UMass have punched their ticket. After this weekend's shenanigans, who is in the best at large position, who helped their chances, who hurt their chances for an ALB?

I really only play close attention to the Southeast so this isn't a complete list at all. Thoughts?

Helped:
Furman
Coastal
Wofford (probably playing as well as any team in the country)
New Hampshire

Hurt:
UT-Martin
Cal Poly
Richmond
JMU

nb. I am not about to predict what's going on in the Gateway or the OVC.

siugrad99
November 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Gateway gets 3, OVC gets 1 if they are going to allow USD to get killed by Montana

Cocky
November 12th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Gateway gets 3, OVC gets 1 if they are going to allow USD to get killed by Montana

The OVC only deserves one. We may get two but this is the weakest year since we joined.

I'm not sure there are too many deserving teams this year. The SOCON, MEAC and BSC look down. The A-10 and Gateway seem down a little too.

Maybe just everybody is good.

th0m
November 12th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Richmond's not 'hurt'. Richmond has 5 losses (4 straight) and shouldn't even be in that category. They were out last week.

I also see you are continuing to support for the elusive 4-loss team to be Wofford. It wouldn't surprise me to see a 4-loss team in there, but don't know if it'll be Woffy. How do you reckon they are playing as well as any team in the country? Who have they beaten?

Cal Poly's out, can't get 7 DI wins.

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Like I said in an early post, Woffords four losses are:

Top 10 Furman
#1 ASU by a touchdown on the road
#16 Coastal by 3
and a good South Carolina team by a touchdown in Columbia.

They also didn't get the benefit of playing a patsy schedule early on with DIIs, their first three games were South Carolina State, CCU, and USC. They've waxed everybody since losing in a close game in Boone.

They just hung 42 points on a decent UTC team in the first half. In most years no, a four loss team doesn't make it. But this season, NO team has been dominate in the at large category (or really any category).

I'm only making a case that they should be looked at. If they don't make the field, I can understand why.

rokamortis
November 12th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Wofford is probably the 2nd or 3rd best 4th loss team. They had a hard stretch there for a while. They are a good team but they probably don't make the playoffs.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
YSU is in.