PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 11/18

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Going to try to push the record over .500 this week!

Quick predictions:

NWST over host SFA on Thursday night
Demons looked good against McNeese. They are going to get the big rivalry win to close out their year in Nacogdoches where another rival already came through two weeks ago, stomping out a win. NWST 30-21 SFA

TXST falls to SHSU in Huntsville
Two years ago, SHSU needed a win to wrap up a share of the SLC title. SHSU won. TxSt still had an outside chance, but it was really SHSU's day. Last year, TXST could've blown a share of their first SLC title and a trip to the playoffs to SHSU in San Marcos. TxSt almost lost, but prevailed in OT. This year, SHSU is the title team, looking to get a share of the SLC title and perhaps an auto-bid (if McN loses). SHSU will win. DD Terry and Chase Wasson will be the stories. SHSU 24-19 TxSt

NICH drops a close one to McNeese
Unfortunately, I want Nicholls to win. It's a tough task for the Colonels. I'm not that hopeful that they'll win. McNeese will know going in whether they need a win or not. I don't think McNeese cares if they need a win or not, they're going to win one more game regardless, especially in The Hole. McN 31-24 Nich

Terror's Track Record: 9-9
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1
SLC Week Four: 0-3
SLC Week Five: 2-1
SLC Week Six: 2-1

TexasTerror
November 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
So where are the folks from McN, SHSU and TXST?

blackfordpu
November 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Kats over the Cats: 35-17
Kats will need to key in on Wasson and keep him from getting large gains with his feet. The defense steps up and DDT has another great game.

Demons over the Jacks: 24-10
The Demons defense steps up in this one and puts the Jacks away.

Colonels over the Cowboys: 17-14
Just hoping and praying!

Freightliner
November 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM
So where are the folks from McN, SHSU and TXST?

I had my picks on an earlier thread...but anyway...here goes

TXST over SHSU (George or Wasson - who does SHSU get ready for?)
Northwestern over SFA - (SFA has not won a home game this year!)
McNeese over Nicholls (McNeese is rolling at the right time)

McNeese75
November 15th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Tx State
NW State
McNeese

slycat
November 15th, 2006, 11:45 PM
nwst over sfa - depends on which team decides to show up. im thinking sfas luck will run out.

mcneese over nicholls - mcneese is in the groove and ready to get back in the playoffs.

txstate over shsu - i have to be a homer on this one. i think it will be a very close game. i watched both of sams games on tv and wasnt extremely impressed. that being said i havnt been impressed with txstate this year either. this is a game in which previous stats dont matter. im hoping we'll beat the streak of each team winning at home and pick up this road win. itll be a tougher game for txstate if wasson starts i think. i hope shsu runs DD, im more concerned with our pass coverage. we have to wrap up our tackles with this guy too. sam plays for a playoff spot, txstate plays with nothing to lose. itll be a good one.

kats89
November 16th, 2006, 11:55 AM
nwst over sfa - depends on which team decides to show up. im thinking sfas luck will run out.

mcneese over nicholls - mcneese is in the groove and ready to get back in the playoffs.

txstate over shsu - i have to be a homer on this one. i think it will be a very close game. i watched both of sams games on tv and wasnt extremely impressed. that being said i havnt been impressed with txstate this year either. this is a game in which previous stats dont matter. im hoping we'll beat the streak of each team winning at home and pick up this road win. itll be a tougher game for txstate if wasson starts i think. i hope shsu runs DD, im more concerned with our pass coverage. we have to wrap up our tackles with this guy too. sam plays for a playoff spot, txstate plays with nothing to lose. itll be a good one.

:eyebrow: Why would you hope we run DD Terry? Your defense is giving up 151.3 yds/game on the ground. Terry is averaging 131 yds/game. My guess is Terry has a big day in the final game of his college career. :nod: :hurray:

Think the moons are aligned right on Saturday....

Nicholls St pulls an upset over McNeese
SHSU takes care of business at home vs Tx State.
Who cares about the other game tonight.

patssle
November 16th, 2006, 12:14 PM
My guess is Terry has a big day in the final game of his college career

not if the bobcats stack the defensive line to try and stop him like SFA did. if so, then we'll burn them through the air.

Bobcat94
November 16th, 2006, 12:31 PM
not if the bobcats stack the defensive line to try and stop him like SFA did. if so, then we'll burn them through the air.

I'd look for this to be the game plan and what will happen. Close game until the end with Terry settin' up the pass.

I'd look for Sam to win by ten pulling away in the fourth. I'd love to be wrong, just my gut.

slycat
November 16th, 2006, 08:32 PM
:eyebrow: Why would you hope we run DD Terry? Your defense is giving up 151.3 yds/game on the ground. Terry is averaging 131 yds/game. My guess is Terry has a big day in the final game of his college career. :nod: :hurray:

Think the moons are aligned right on Saturday....

Nicholls St pulls an upset over McNeese
SHSU takes care of business at home vs Tx State.
Who cares about the other game tonight.

because we give up more yards in the air. i have more faith in our run defense.

i just hope we have few penalties and turnovers.

Purple Pride
November 16th, 2006, 09:29 PM
What about UCA at Georgia Southern? I realize we're the black-sheep, but come on.xlolx

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
What about UCA at Georgia Southern? I realize we're the black-sheep, but come on.xlolx

A UCA win is good for the SLC...and good for UCA! Go Bears!

slycat
November 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM

at this point i was lookin at conference games.

go UCA beat georgia southern!!!

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 17th, 2006, 12:23 AM
UCA by 1 on the road.

McNeese75
November 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Depends on what offense comes out for GSU. If they pull out the triple-O with Foster at QB this week (like they did against Furman), You are in for a ride :nod: