PDA

View Full Version : Guy to keep an eye on

Thumper250
June 25th, 2005, 12:51 PM
G-W defensive end Brian Johnston. True soph.

He's 6'5", 265 pounds and runs the 40 in 4.75 seconds or thereabouts. Actually played linebacker there at near the same size as a true freshman. According to the media guide bio he was garnering some Mountain West and lower level Pac-10 interest as a prep senior in San Diego.

How in the world do you get from San Diego to Boiling Springs? Glad he's there though. Sounds like a keeper.

Swami, what do you know about this guy?

Josh
June 25th, 2005, 01:11 PM
G-W defensive end Brian Johnston. True soph.

He's 6'5", 265 pounds and runs the 40 in 4.75 seconds or thereabouts. Actually played linebacker there at near the same size as a true freshman. According to the media guide bio he was garnering some Mountain West and lower level Pac-10 interest as a prep senior in San Diego.

How in the world do you get from San Diego to Boiling Springs? Glad he's there though. Sounds like a keeper.

Swami, what do you know about this guy?

I love this kid. I had him as a 4.6 40 type. He is on my preseason All-Big South list this year.

He is one who could play in the NFL too.

I could see him post 75-90 tackles this year easily.

I have talked to your SID about him a good bit. I was given his name last year and do have him on my NFL watch list for down the line.

Ronbo
June 25th, 2005, 01:18 PM
The Griz have one of the dandiest trio of linebackers we've ever had. We've had great linebackers in the past, but these kids are the fastest trio ever. All three split time with last years starters and come into their Sophmore years with tons of experience. We have starter Shane MacIntyre back who led the team in tackles (95) last year. So we'll have 4 really good linebackers.

Tyler Joyce 6'5" 220 Soph.

Tabbed as the 2003 5-A “Defensive Player of the Year” by the Denver Post ... a starter at tight end and linebacker as a senior ... earned first team all-state honors at linebacker and led the team with 94 tackles, and he also had seven sacks and two interceptions ... team co-captain as a senior ... named to All-Colorado team by both the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News ... winner of Iron Man Award as a senior ... 2003 grid team advanced to the state title 5-A game ... second team all-conference and honorable mention all-state as a junior ... prep football coach was Tony Manfredi ... a three-year starter ... all-conference in baseball (outfield) as a junior ... clocked in 4.6 in the 40.

Alex Hawthorne 6'1" 220 Soph.

High School: earned 10 letters in four different sports at Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona ... earned three letters in football, basketball, and track, and one in baseball ... was captain of football, basketball, and track teams ... in football he won the Hard Hat Award, and was voted team MVP, and Most Inspirational ... named his high school’s Athlete of the Year as a senior ... an all-state and all-region selection in football ... prep football coach was Tom Demassa. Timed at 4.5 in the 40.

Loren Utterback 6'1" 220 Soph.

High School: A 10-time letterman at Fort Benton High School, earning four letters in both football and track, and two in basketball ... rushed for 1,547 yards and 24 touchdowns to lead Fort Benton to a 12-0 record and the state “B” championship in 2002 ... career-wise he rushed for 4,032 yards and 55 TDs ... Fort Benton also won state titles in track in 2001 and 2003 ... his high school football coach was Kevin Smith ... served as team captain in football and track ... a four-time all-state performer in track and two-time Montana prep MVP in that sport ... in football he was twice all-state, a three-time MVP, and a four-time all-conference selection. Timed at 4.5 in the 40.

mikebigg
June 25th, 2005, 09:08 PM
FASSITT, Greg
CB 6-1 190lb Jr.(*) New Orleans, LA/Kennedy

Fassit has been reported to run a 4.3 forty. He impressed me last year especially with it being his first year due to being a prop his freshman season. He stepped in and secured the corner position full time by the 3rd game of the season. Reminds me of Albert Lewis who played for GSU prior to a long NFL Pro Bowl Career. He will probably get the prop year back if he continues his academic work...last season he made the academic honor roll.