PDA

View Full Version : IF? EKU at Florida........? implications for playoff spot?

ekufbfan
November 19th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I am sure most folks give EKU no chance vs the Gators. Even though UF is having a down year, of course they have everything going for them. SEC team, more and bigger players, storied D1 program, last two games for Muschamp, senior day, home team and a game in the SWAMP. A lot to overcome, Absolutely. But the outcome of this game, how does it play out for EKU and the FCS playoffs.
EKU loses, does it knock us out of consideration?
EKU pulls the upset. Does that give us a chance for a seed?
Yes indeed, I know it's a long shot that we win, hell it's a good probability that the Gators could take out all their frustration on the Colonels and we lose by a ugly amount.
Does this game make a difference for us at all regarding the playoffs?

centennial
November 19th, 2014, 07:08 PM
With a win at Florida a seed might come.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2014, 07:14 PM
With a win at Florida a seed might come.

EKU would absolutely get a seed with a win over Florida. 10-2 with a win over a SEC team? Yup....

They're in either way. Likely hosting in the opening round imo...

centennial
November 19th, 2014, 07:35 PM
EKU would absolutely get a seed with a win over Florida. 10-2 with a win over a SEC team? Yup....

They're in either way. Likely hosting in the opening round imo...
It would be a nice send off for Muschamp.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2014, 08:22 PM
It's important to note that Florida needs this game to become bowl eligible.

melloware13
November 19th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Well the Gators COULD beat Florida State in Tallahassee xlolx, but if EKU wins, they should be a seed (6-8). Should be in regardless, unless somehow chaos moves the bubble to them

Cocky
November 19th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Ga So beat them last year and this year's EKU team is better.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Which should put the gators on high alert for this year to avoid another front page upset.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 10:18 PM
I figured the only way EKU didn't get an at large was if EIU won the AQ and JSU got one. I would think beating Florida would be a strong seed argument

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Ga So beat them last year and this year's EKU team is better.

This year's Florida is much better, though. They beat Georgia. By 18.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2014, 07:26 AM
You do know that I was quite possibly the first one on this board to (correctly) predict that Georgia Southern was going to beat Florida. Am I willing to go to the well again and pick Eastern Kentucky over Florida? Yes, I am going there again. If Florida does indeed lose to Eastern Kentucky, I will be laughing my keester off.

EKU-n-GSU
November 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I believe EKU stands a better than average chance of beating UF in the swamp; too much turmoil in Gator-land to have them hitting on all cylinders. Sure, we caught them at a weak moment last year, but we weren't without our own problems and a very thin roster (only 57 dressed) for that game. Best of luck to ya!

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Nothing would make me happier Saturday for the football genie to shine on us, however in reality I know we are very much a LONG shot. I hope that EKU plays their best game so far, that Mobley has a field day running the ball, we get out if there with no injuries and we keep it close. I think our biggest problem at Florida is what it's been all year, the defense and vs Florida the speed and size difference of our offensive line vs their defense. If we win, wow, that would be awesome to say the least. The other issue here is everything I said in my original post, it's Florida in the Swamp and all that goes with that, so I am a realist.
But, hey....GO Big E!

Sycamore62
November 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM
crazier stuff has happened

I mean, they made Pepsi clear at one point.