PDA

View Full Version : UNH Fans Love Liberty Football!

UNHFan
November 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Saturday is going to a fun day! CC at home ESPNC against Liberty & UNH Maine at 3:30 on NBCSports

GO LIBERTY!!!

Bisonator
November 17th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Why?

UNHFan
November 17th, 2014, 01:52 PM
oh.. we just pic teams randomly to love! Kidding.... Coastal Loses and UNH wins we take #1 in both polls

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Why?

If Coastal loses UNH will be a top 2 seed. If Coastal wins the debate begins over which team not named NDSU gets a top 2 seed.

knucklehead
November 17th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Ooo, New Flame fans. Haha. But yes, Go flames! Down with the beach chickens.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I don't see how CC gets a top 2 seed if UNH and NDSU win out. Just because they have a perfect record against no one?

CasualFan
November 17th, 2014, 02:00 PM
*looks at the schedule*

Go Black Bears!

:)

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
If coastal carolina is seeded above jax state the committee should all be fired.

UNHFan
November 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
If Coastal loses UNH will be a top 2 seed. If Coastal wins the debate begins over which team not named NDSU gets a top 2 seed.

Huh? In what universe does Coastal lose and stay number 1? "If Coastal loses UNH will be a top 2 seed" Am I missing something here?

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Huh? In what universe does Coastal lose and stay number 1? "If Coastal loses UNH will be a top 2 seed" Am I missing something here?

If Coastal loses to Liberty, you can lock UNH in for a top 2 seed.

NDSU in my opinion will be the #1 seed if they beat YSU.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM

Yeah I think you are miss reading what he wrote.

jmufan999
November 17th, 2014, 02:11 PM
JMU fans are clearly pulling for CCU.

sorry, Flames. nothing personal.

rokamortis
November 17th, 2014, 02:40 PM

If UNH gets the 1 seed and NDSU the 2, will you be upset?

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 02:43 PM
If UNH gets the 1 seed and NDSU the 2, will you be upset?

Not really, home games until Frisco either way.

Dukie95
November 17th, 2014, 02:54 PM

Yep, thinking is, Liberty can out-bid Bill Gates for a home game, so JMU's better off if Liberty's not in the field at all.

rokamortis
November 17th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Yep, thinking is, Liberty can out-bid Bill Gates for a home game, so JMU's better off if Liberty's not in the field at all.

I thought you guys were afraid of their Strength of Schedule ranking.

UNHWildcat18
November 17th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Not really, home games until Frisco either way.

Yeah As long as UNH has
A) home field advantage until Frisco if they make it there.
B) NDSU not on their half of the bracket.

That is the goal in terms of seeding placement

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah As long as UNH has
A) home field advantage until Frisco if they make it there.
B) NDSU not on their half of the bracket.

That is the goal in terms of seeding placement

If everyone wins, it will likely be NDSU and UNH as 1 and 2

Jacksoville will probably be 3 and CCU will be 4.

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Thankfully only one more week till the tournament begins.
Then, and only then, we separate the men from the boys.
This year, there are a few contenders and many pretenders.

Go Green
November 17th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Coastal Loses and UNH wins we take #1 in both polls

Dartmouth fans will be sending lots of love to Yale this week for similar reasons.

:)

Gordon Shumway
November 17th, 2014, 05:58 PM
If NDSU & UNH win this week, logic would seem to dictate NDSU as the #1 seed, and UNH #2. It could happen, but I don't see the committee putting CCU or Jax State ahead of either one.

Go Green...I am rooting for Yale as well. Our demolishing of an Ivy co-champ will look a lot better. :D

Go Green
November 17th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Go Green...I am rooting for Yale as well. Our demolishing of an Ivy co-champ will look a lot better. :D

Yeah... yeah.

We should have done better against UNH this year. It's a shame that we aren't playing next year, because I think we will be even better. But in 2016 (when we do play), a lot of our stars will have graduated.

:(

jmrepak
November 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Come on Black Bears! You can do it!

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Come on Black Bears! You can do it!

I fully support Maine's ability to use revenge as the utmost motivational factor.

MarkCCU
November 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
If Coastal is so undeserving, then where are the teams that "should" be in? Nobody is at the top forever. All the ****ing complaining. I get the argument, but if some teams were sucking or losing games they shouldn't then why shouldn't an 11-0 team be highly ranked.

Scheduling is a two way street. We pulled out of the clemson game and had to schedule a MEAC team. We just lost WCU for next year.

For ****s sake....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
November 17th, 2014, 09:44 PM
If Coastal is so undeserving, then where are the teams that "should" be in? Nobody is at the top forever. All the ****ing complaining. I get the argument, but if some teams were sucking or losing games they shouldn't then why shouldn't an 11-0 team be highly ranked.

Scheduling is a two way street. We pulled out of the clemson game and had to schedule a MEAC team. We just lost WCU for next year.

For ****s sake....

I actually have a lot of respect for you guys. Regardless of schedule you won every game which is still going out and playing 4 quarters. You beat Montana in their house last year. Got demolished by NDSU as did we haha. I don't think many teams should be ranked ahead of you besides maybe JSU EWU(had to lose VA for NAU). I do believe the teams from year in and year out stronger conferences get a slight bit more of consideration for seeding/ higher ranking but I would not put you outside the top 5, due to the fact of being 11-0 and your playoff run last year.

MOOSEFRABA CCU fans win-out and you will be a top 4 seed and you can let your boys do the talking in the playoffs. People said you guys were "not that great" coming out of the big south last year. Look how that worked out for Montana Hosting a team that's coldest game experience is sitting on an unused toilet in the morning before the game.

MarkCCU
November 17th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I actually have a lot of respect for you guys. Regardless of schedule you won every game which is still going out and playing 4 quarters. You beat Montana in their house last year. Got demolished by NDSU as did we haha. I don't think many teams should be ranked ahead of you besides maybe JSU EWU(had to lose VA for NAU). I do believe the teams from year in and year out stronger conferences get a slight bit more of consideration for seeding/ higher ranking but I would not put you outside the top 5, due to the fact of being 11-0 and your playoff run last year.

MOOSEFRABA CCU fans win-out and you will be a top 4 seed and you can let your boys do the talking in the playoffs. People said you guys were "not that great" coming out of the big south last year. Look how that worked out for Montana Hosting a team that's coldest game experience is sitting on an unused toilet in the morning before the game.

I don't think we should be #1 but we had the same issues last year. We won at UM and that's helped is tremendously. I'd be happy to go as far as we can and if we lose to a EWU, UNH, etc.... And not an upset the. Id be happy. Of course, winning the NC is preferential.

phoenix3
November 18th, 2014, 09:45 AM

JMU has to get by Elon first before a CCU win will mean anything.

jmufan999
November 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
JMU has to get by Elon first before a CCU win will mean anything.

JMU should be in the playoffs regardless of the Elon result. will still have a better resume than many bubble teams. we will be #3 in the CAA regardless of other results, and i'd be shocked if the CAA only got 2 teams in.

kalm
November 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I also posted this in the Seed thread, but with Richmond and W&M playing each other and UD playing Nova, UNH will more than likely have only win against a ranked/playoff team. Great record, not so much the SoS.

jmrepak
November 18th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I also posted this in the Seed thread, but with Richmond and W&M playing each other and UD playing Nova, UNH will more than likely have only win against a ranked/playoff team. Great record, not so much the SoS.
Which is exactly what I've been saying for two weeks. I think UNH is better off if W+M wins the game since they handled them pretty well, but either team should knock the other out of the top 25. For Coastal I was betting on two top 25 teams by season's end. I was right about NCA&T pulling into the top 25, but I had no way to predict Chuck South beating Liberty. Some polls still have Liberty close to the top 25 and others have Chuck South close so we still may depending on what happens next week. Either way, I predict 2-3 wins over top 30 teams for both Coastal and UNH with the benefit of the doubt now going to UNH, in my mind, since their signature win will be over a slightly higher ranked opponent.

Let go Bears! ;)

phoenix3
November 18th, 2014, 11:21 AM
JMU should be in the playoffs regardless of the Elon result. will still have a better resume than many bubble teams. we will be #3 in the CAA regardless of other results, and i'd be shocked if the CAA only got 2 teams in.

Wow! I appreciate your addressing that so analytically. I couldn't find the sarcasm font for my original post.

Skycop27
November 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Which is exactly what I've been saying for two weeks. I think UNH is better off if W+M wins the game since they handled them pretty well, but either team should knock the other out of the top 25. For Coastal I was betting on two top 25 teams by season's end. I was right about NCA&T pulling into the top 25, but I had no way to predict Chuck South beating Liberty. Some polls still have Liberty close to the top 25 and others have Chuck South close so we still may depending on what happens next week. Either way, I predict 2-3 wins over top 30 teams for both Coastal and UNH with the benefit of the doubt now going to UNH, in my mind, since their signature win will be over a slightly higher ranked opponent.

Let go Bears! ;)

This UNH Wildcat supporter (does that make me a jock) could care less who wins or losses any other games this week in order to
supposedly raise our SOS and make us look better or worse. All I know is that I have seen mostly all of the UNH games this year.
And you know what? To their credit, most of the competition has showed up and played good, hard football. Hell, last week, Delaware
played a hell of a first half, came to play and win. But UNH is definitely a top 4 team this year, and eventually wears down, has a bit
better overall talent, and makes a few more plays than the competition to have won 9 straight games and earn top 4 billing. I fully expect
Maine to show up this week highly motivated and full of revenge at home in a huge rivalry game. UNH will definitely be challenged as they
have all year. As on any given Saturday, we'll see how it plays out.