PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Southern Conference Power Rankings/Predictions - Week 13.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I was 4-1 last week. Furman stopped their eight game losing streak vs. Wofford. Here is where I have it after yesterday's games:

1) Chattanooga* - Hammered the Golden Eagles on the road.
2) Samford - Managed to beat The Citadel on the road.
3) Western Carolina - Took care of business against VMI.
4) Wofford - Fell apart against Furman.
5) The Citadel - Did not go down without a fight vs. Samford
6) Furman - Got lucky against Wofford
7) Mercer - Mauled the Warner Brothers
8) VMI - Got hammered by Western Carolina.
ETSU - Women's BB starts off season with win vs. UNC-Asheville while volleyball caps off regular season by beating Mercer and The Citadel.
* conference champ/autobid winner

Predictions
Mercer @ Wofford (Upset Special of the Week) - Mercer's due for one of these.
The Citadel @ VMI - Bulldogs win the Silver Shako for one more year.
Chattanooga @ Furman - Mocs finish season unbeaten in conference play.
Western Carolina @ Alabama - Catamounts get rolled by the Tide.
Samford @ Auburn - War Eagles make short work of Samford.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Wofford has officially checked out for this season. I'd love to see the team prove me wrong, but everyone is just tired of our OC losing games for us.

Smitty
November 16th, 2014, 01:30 PM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) Western Carolina
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Furman
7) Mercer
8) VMI

Predictions
Mercer @ Wofford
The Citadel @ VMI
Chattanooga @ Furman
Western Carolina @ Alabama - Because one can dream
Samford @ Auburn

ElCid
November 16th, 2014, 02:33 PM
1) Chattanooga - The score did not exactly look like it, but the Mocs completely dominated Tenn Tech holding them to 171 yards
2) Samford - Could not completely stop the other Dogs, but got the big plays when needed
3) Western Carolina - Piled up lots of yards again
4) The Citadel - Finally got it all together against Samford, almost
5) Wofford - Got a frustrated Furman the wrong week, and paid for it
6) Furman - If this was the beginning of the season, I might be worried about them
7) VMI - Definitely improved as the season progressed; if they had a D they would be dangerous
8) Mercer - Lack of class places them on the bottom

Mercer @ Wofford - Wofford bounces back at home - 31-22
The Citadel @ VMI - Usually a tough game regardless of previous performance in the season; VMI getting some confidence, but Dogs may have found their D; going to be a cold one in Lexington, may need to get my long johns out - 34-26
Chattanooga @ Furman - Mocs hand Furman first 9 loss season since 1972, but Furman may have found some life - 31-20
Western Carolina @ Alabama - Western gains a few hundred thousand...dollars, but not many yards - 55-3
Samford @ Auburn - Bulldogs overmatched - 48-13

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) Western Carolina
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Furman
7) VMI
8) Mercer

Predictions
Western at Alabama (The Tide beat #1 MSU, so they won't need to prove anything)
Samford at Auburn (Lost to UGA, could get ugly for Samford)
Chattanooga at Furman (no more surprises from Furman)
The Citadel at VMI (Keydets win their important game
Mercer at Wofford (different week, but result are the same for the Yogi Bears - a SoCon loss)

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I was 4-1 last week. Furman stopped their eight game losing streak vs. Wofford. Here is where I have it after yesterday's games:

1) Chattanooga* - Hammered the Golden Eagles on the road.
2) Samford - Managed to beat The Citadel on the road.
3) Western Carolina - Took care of business against VMI.
4) Wofford - Fell apart against Furman.
5) The Citadel - Did not go down without a fight vs. Samford
6) Furman - Got lucky against Wofford
7) Mercer - Mauled the Warner Brothers
8) VMI - Got hammered by Western Carolina.
ETSU - Women's BB starts off season with win vs. UNC-Asheville while volleyball caps off regular season by beating Mercer and The Citadel.
* conference champ/autobid winner

Predictions
Mercer @ Wofford (Upset Special of the Week) - Mercer's due for one of these.
The Citadel @ VMI - Bulldogs win the Silver Shako for one more year.
Chattanooga @ Furman - Mocs finish season unbeaten in conference play.
Western Carolina @ Alabama - Catamounts get rolled by the Tide.
Samford @ Auburn - War Eagles make short work of Samford.

It's been a rough season, but "got lucky against Wofford?"

Furman beat Wofford pretty soundly on both sides of the ball.

kdinva
November 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
1) UTC
2) Samford
3) WCU
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Furman
t7) VMI
t7) Mercer

WCU 13 atAlabama 49
Samford 20 at Auburn 58
UTC 47 at Furman 22
The Citadel 26 at VMI 34
Mercer 21 at Wofford 42

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 16th, 2014, 03:52 PM
It's been a rough season, but "got lucky against Wofford?"

Furman beat Wofford pretty soundly on both sides of the ball.

I would have to agree with your assessment upon further review. Blazejowski's the real deal. Wished you guys played more like you did against Wofford all season.

utcfan
November 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
1-UTC
2-Samford
3-Western Carolina
4-Wofford
5-Citadel
6-Furman
7-Mercer
8-VMI
At this point in the season--the standings tell the story.
Alabama>Western
Auburn>Samford
UTC>Furman
Citadel>VMI
Wofford>Mercer

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I would have to agree with your assessment upon further review. Blazejowski's the real deal. Wished you guys played more like you did against Wofford all season.

You and me both.

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 04:59 PM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) WCU
4) Citadel
tie with Furman, Wofford, VMI (considering they all went 1-1 vs each other, all 3 can show up anytime and knock anybody off on any given Saturday)
dead last - Cartwheel State/Bowling Tech

Bama over Western
Auburn over Samford
UTC over Furman (closer than the experts think)
Wofford rolls the wannabees
Citadel over VMI

GO CATS!

bonarae
November 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Alabama
Auburn
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Wofford

MUfan
November 16th, 2014, 05:08 PM
1 Mercer
2 Reinhardt
3 Chatty
4 Samford
5 Wofford
6 Furman
7 VMI
8 ETSU
9 citadel
10 wc-who?

SU DOG
November 16th, 2014, 05:16 PM
1 Mercer
2 Reinhardt
3 Chatty
4 Samford
5 Wofford
6 Furman
7 VMI
8 ETSU
9 citadel
10 wc-who?

LOL! have to admit that is funny.

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM
35-21

MUfan
November 16th, 2014, 06:30 PM
35-21

You got us this year.
Our biggest margin of loss thus far this season.
Next year we will be even more competitive and arrogant. Y'all going to hate us !
We might even win a few more Socon games.

Toby
November 16th, 2014, 06:30 PM
1 Mercer
2 Reinhardt
3 Chatty
4 Samford
5 Wofford
6 Furman
7 VMI
8 ETSU
9 citadel
10 wc-who?

I think you gotta put VMI 6th and Furman 7th due to head to head…..

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
35-21

You love re-living old numbers. I can play this game. How about these:

16 - Mercer NCAA football wins in the 2 years from 2013-2014 with 1 non-scholly class and one scholarship class of freshmen and sophomores.
14 - Western Carolina NCAA football wins in the 8 years from 2006-2013 with full scholarships.

MUfan
November 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM

16 - Mercer NCAA football wins in the 2 years from 2013-2014 with 1 non-scholly class and one scholarship class of freshmen and sophomores.
14 - Western Carolina NCAA football wins in the 8 years from 2006-2013 with full scholarships.

Oh SNAP !!

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 06:45 PM
16 wins vs NAIA and non-schollys. Surprised COLLEGE OF FAITH wasn't on the schedule? Talked smack on every SoCon message board and have yet to back it up. Oh yeah, 35-21.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 06:49 PM
16 wins vs NAIA and non-schollys. Surprised COLLEGE OF FAITH wasn't on the schedule? Talked smack on every SoCon message board and have yet to back it up. Oh yeah, 35-21.

Oh, I get it. So instead of just being terrible, your AD is also a moron for not getting a team or two on the schedule you have a chance to beat. lol

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Yes indeed, WCU went 14-76 from 2006-2013. 2014 we are at 7-4. That's called improvement junior. Beat somebody other than Warner or Ave Maria and you can sit at the adult table. Warner? Was Point not available? Faulkner? Birmingham Southern? Rhodes? Millsaps? Couldn't schedule any of these NAIA/D3 powerhouses? Mercer is an arrogant school with arrogant jerks for fans and I hope you never amount to anything in the Southern Conference. GO CATS!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I get it. So instead of just being terrible, your AD is also a moron for not getting a team or two on the schedule you have a chance to beat. lol

Sure he did. He scheduled Mercer.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible? I'm sorry, would you like to borrow a SoCon win or two? LOL!

MUfan
November 16th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Terrible? I'm sorry, would you like to borrow a SoCon win or two? LOL![/QUOTE]

No thanks. We'll get plenty in the next few years.

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Terrible? I'm sorry, would you like to borrow a SoCon win or two? LOL!

No thanks. We'll get plenty in the next few years.[/QUOTE]

Why? Is the entire NAIA Mid-South Conference stepping up as part of expansion?

MUfan
November 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
No thanks. We'll get plenty in the next few years.

Why? Is the entire NAIA Mid-South Conference stepping up as part of expansion?[/QUOTE]
Y'all would struggle to beat most of them if they did.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Amazing how puffed up you are after 1 season of being competitive. And, yes, based on your exposure to 3 people on a message board, the entire school and everyone associated with Mercer ever in history ever are arrogant jerks. Lol.

I won't base my entire judgement of WCU on interaction with you because I know they aren't all dumb dumbs.

Oh, and your AD didn't schedule Mercer. The conference dictates that, genius.

catamount man
November 16th, 2014, 07:06 PM
You guys are just upset that nobody takes you serious and nobody will. I'm done arguing. You're nothing. 35-21 and you can hop on that all off season. You're on ignore. I have proven my point time and time again.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 07:12 PM
You should charge me rent for all the space you're giving me in your head. Don't forget to take your ball before you go home! lol!

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 07:44 PM
You guys are just upset that nobody takes you serious and nobody will. I'm done arguing. You're nothing. 35-21 and you can hop on that all off season. You're on ignore. I have proven my point time and time again.

Be done with them. They are just like Appy fans, they've got to have the last word.
They think by holding out for last word in the thread, they win the discussion. xchinscratchx

It was pretty funny talking about all those all those NCAA wins over the last two season... how many of them were actually NAIA teams they beat ?
xflaggedxxflaggedx

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=The Cats;2180456]
They think by holding out for last word in the thread, they win the discussion. xchinscratchx
[QUOTE]

Says the guy who jumps into the conversation after, apparently, the last word was given to "win" the discussion. LOLOLOLOLOL

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 08:04 PM

Where the hell do you get off calling Randy Eaton terrible, and a moron?

You stepped over the line on that one, dick head. Not a single Catamount fan has disparaged a single Mercer player or coach or member of the athletic staff at Mercer. But you lowlifes from middle georgia, just like a friggin liberal, when you can't win a discussion with facts, so you stoop to name calling.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Oh relax, it was just part of the jab. I don't even know who Randy Eaton is.

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Oh relax, it was just part of the jab. I don't even know who Randy Eaton is.

He's the AD you called terrible and a moran.

What a job you are.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 08:13 PM
*moron

Yeah, it's me.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings so badly making a sarcastic comment about someone everyone knows I don't know. Sorry.

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 08:31 PM
*moron

Yeah, it's me.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings so badly making a sarcastic comment about someone everyone knows I don't know. Sorry.

You didn't hurt my feeling, jackwad. You just showed your true south georgia nature. Are you sure you didn't attend Georgia Southern as well? - That's sarcasm.

.....it's not sarcasm calling someone a moron and a terrible AD.

As I said, you're a real job.

I'm sure you're a Macon hero by now... just like your OL that scored the touchdown.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I'm not from South Georgia. And neither is anything Mercer related. It's Middle Georgia.

And you're feelings sound pretty hurt. I'll try to be more sensitive next time.

And why would I be a Macon hero? I think you're over-estimating the impact of a bunch of has-been's and never-were's arguing about our college football teams on message boards. lol

walliver
November 16th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry to derail the bear-Cat lovefest, but I'll try my Power Rankings:
1) Chattanooga - 6-0, nothing left to say
2) Samford - not impressive, but getting the job done
... everything after this is a roll of the dice
3) Western - They really haven't impressed me, but that applies to everyone listed below also.
4) Wofford - a depressing weekend
5) The Citadel - another close loss
6) Furman - the team they played CCU and Wofford would be number 2, the team that played WCU and Sammy would be number 8
7) Mercer - Are they on YouTube yet?
8) VMI - At least they beat Furman.

Predictions:
Mercer at Wofford - This game has scared me from the start of the year, and more so since Saturday. I never pick against my team, so somehow the T-Dogs pull out a 28-27 win.
The Citadel at VMI - even in big rivalries, the better team usually wins, Bullpups win 31-21.
Chattanooga at Furman - several years ago this was routinely the last game of the season, and every now and then the Mocs would put a scare into vastly superior Paladin teams. FU returns the favor, but loses 31-28.
Western Carolina at Alabama - Bama coming off a big win with Auburn coming up. Depending on how the "Championship" polls comes out, Alabama may have incentive to run up the score. Sabin plays it safe and pulls out a 42-6 victory.
Samford at Auburn - After being mauled by Dawgs last week, Auburn takes their revenge on the Bama Dogs 49-10

Playoffs: Chatty gets a 7-8 seed.
We can complain about scheduling, but to be truthful, no-one else in the SoCon really deserves a bid this year.

The Cats
November 16th, 2014, 08:45 PM
.... I'll try to be more sensitive next time

I'm sure you will. You sound like you have a major feminine side.

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Mercer at Wofford - This game has scared me from the start of the year, and more so since Saturday. I never pick against my team, so somehow the T-Dogs pull out a 28-27 win.

No idea on this one. The only Wofford game I saw this year was the Wofford-Citadel game on ESPN3 and I only caught a half. I generally have felt pretty good going into games this year as far as we were concerned because everything is effectively new and I was just basing it on our tendency to stay competitive in games. All that being said, our prior engagement against the option was something I'd rather forget. The Citadel basically did whatever they wanted to do on offense. Although we kept it close score-wise, we gave up almost 500 rushing yards. So, unless we figured something out, just our prior performance against that style of offense doesn't bode well for the trash-talking, media loving, Satan reincarnate Bears.

dungeonjoe
November 16th, 2014, 10:24 PM
No idea on this one. The only Wofford game I saw this year was the Wofford-Citadel game on ESPN3 and I only caught a half. I generally have felt pretty good going into games this year as far as we were concerned because everything is effectively new and I was just basing it on our tendency to stay competitive in games. All that being said, our prior engagement against the option was something I'd rather forget. The Citadel basically did whatever they wanted to do on offense. Although we kept it close score-wise, we gave up almost 500 rushing yards. So, unless we figured something out, just our prior performance against that style of offense doesn't bode well for the trash-talking, media loving, Satan reincarnate Bears.
And isn't there also a Baptist affiliatation we can denigrate?

BearDownMU
November 16th, 2014, 10:31 PM
And isn't there also a Baptist affiliatation we can denigrate?

By all means. Although Mercer did officially withdraw from the GA Baptist Convention a number of years ago and no longer has an official affiliation with and formal Baptist group, but still has some kind of language in the mission statement about the schools "Baptist heritage" or something.

But I'm personally United Methodist. So, should I be torn? ;)

citdog
November 17th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Be done with them. They are just like Appy fans, they've got to have the last word.

It was pretty funny talking about all those all those NCAA wins over the last two season... how many of them were actually NAIA teams they beat ?
xflaggedxxflaggedx

Well at least WCU can beat Mercer. Y'all sure as hell couldn't beat appy.......

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Has the SoCon denigrated into smack talking between Mercer and Western Carolina?

OL FU
November 17th, 2014, 06:02 AM
By all means. Although Mercer did officially withdraw from the GA Baptist Convention a number of years ago and no longer has an official affiliation with and formal Baptist group, but still has some kind of language in the mission statement about the schools "Baptist heritage" or something.

But I'm personally United Methodist. So, should I be torn? ;)

No, but will you be forgivenxpeacex

The Cats
November 17th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Has the SoCon denigrated into smack talking between Mercer and Western Carolina?

It went in that direction a long time ago with smack talking between Furman and the Citadel. xslapfightx

BearDownMU
November 17th, 2014, 08:07 AM
No, but will you be forgivenxpeacex

Well played, sir. Well played.

OL FU
November 17th, 2014, 08:08 AM
It went in that direction a long time ago with smack talking between Furman and the Citadel

Nah, that one is pretty much citdog talking to himself. and that is as far as I will go with that one

DP_ASU
November 17th, 2014, 08:13 AM

xlolx

citdog
November 17th, 2014, 08:46 AM
It went in that direction a long time ago with smack talking between Furman and the Citadel. xslapfightx

furman sucks

Catamount87
November 17th, 2014, 08:51 AM
1. Chattanooga - No internet message board "we're superior" smack talked needed, they proved it on the field
2. Samford - put it together the last four weeks
3. Western Carolina - beat 4 - 8, enough said.
4. Wofford - After the last two weeks, have they given up mentally?
5. The Citadel - been "in" every game this year but the last 2-3 minutes aren't their friend
6. Furman - on life support but there's still life down in Greenville
7. Mercer - been competitive but still just 1-5 in SoCon play (avg SoCon score Opponent 28.5 to Mercer 23.8)
8. VMI - if they had a defense to go with the offense, they wouldn't be here.

Predictions
Mercer @ Wofford - Upset of the week, Wofford looks like they've tossed in the towel on the season
The Citadel @ VMI - The dogs ball control keeps Cobb and company occupying the bench too much
Chattanooga @ Furman - Mocs run the SoCon table
Western Carolina @ Alabama - Catamounts collect a 1/2 million dollar paycheck and AL gets a homecoming win
Samford @ Auburn - Samford's four game win streak comes to an abrupt end

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I would say UTC is heavily favored against Furman. If the Paladin team that played against Coastal and Wofford shows up, it might end up being a pretty entertaining game.

In the preseason, I thought this game might decide the SoCon championship. Did not work out that way. I still imagine Furman would like to rally the troops once more, send some great seniors out the right way, and throw UTC's playoff positioning into a tailspin.

Mocs123
November 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
1.) Chattanooga
2.) Samford
3.) Western Carolina
4.) Wofford
5.) The Citadel
6.) Furman
7.) Mercer
8.) VMI

Mercer 17
Wofford 24 I could see this one going the other way through.

The Citadel 28
VMI 24

Chattanooga 31
Furman 17 I had this game circled on my calendar before the season. I worry we may come out flat.

Western Carolina 0
Alabama 49

Samford 3
Auburn 52

catamount man
November 17th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Well at least WCU can beat Mercer. Y'all sure as hell couldn't beat appy....... Citadel beat App twice in about the same span that the cats beat app so dont' bump that chest too much you professional bum.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I would say UTC is heavily favored against Furman. If the Paladin team that played against Coastal and Wofford shows up, it might end up being a pretty entertaining game.

In the preseason, I thought this game might decide the SoCon championship. Did not work out that way. I still imagine Furman would like to rally the troops once more, send some great seniors out the right way, and throw UTC's playoff positioning into a tailspin.

It doesnt matter what Furman team shows up if Chattanooga shows up.

The Cats
November 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Mercer @ Wofford - Upset of the week, Wofford looks like they've tossed in the towel on the season

Hopefully Wofford hasn't fallen so far as to lose to Yogi bear in their last game of the season.

SU DOG
November 17th, 2014, 09:41 AM
1. UTC
2. Samford
3. Western
4. The Citadel
5. Wofford
6. Furman
7. Mercer
8. VMI

WINNERS:
Wofford - Terriers will regroup and win.
The Citadel - Their defense will be too good for VMI, and the VMI defense won't be able to slow down that TO.
UTC - May be a good game, but the Mocs want a perfect SoCon run.
Bama - Money and no injuries is the hope for the Cats.
Auburn - Just hope they don't want to take out their frustrations on our set of BULLDOGS.

PaladinFan
November 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
It doesnt matter what Furman team shows up if Chattanooga shows up.

Maybe yes, maybe not. UTC and Furman beat Wofford by virtually identical scores in consecutive weekends.

Offense has finally started to click a little bit and got a key player back in the lineup (S Trey Robinson).

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Maybe yes, maybe not. UTC and Furman beat Wofford by virtually identical scores in consecutive weekends.

Offense has finally started to click a little bit and got a key player back in the lineup (S Trey Robinson).

And Western beat Mercer by 14 the week before we beat them by 7, Then we beat Western by 51. That means nothing. I hope Furman has a brand new playbook because there is nothing you do offensively that remotes. You block us in the run game, and you cant block us in the pass game. You cant stop our running game. Big trouble.

catamount man
November 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM
From here on out, I am forcing a truce upon myself with the Mercer posters. Too much sophomoric name calling is hijacking the SoCon threads. Truth be told, I think they will be a great addition to the conference. I am laying down my sword. All SoCon fans should back the Mocs come playoff time. I know I will be. GO CATS! GO SOCON!

BearDownMU
November 17th, 2014, 01:37 PM
From here on out, I am forcing a truce upon myself with the Mercer posters. Too much sophomoric name calling is hijacking the SoCon threads. Truth be told, I think they will be a great addition to the conference. I am laying down my sword. All SoCon fans should back the Mocs come playoff time. I know I will be. GO CATS! GO SOCON!

Same here. I've exceeded the amount I'm supposed to act like a baby for the quarter anyway. The root of all this is that we care and are passionate about our schools and teams. Not inherently a bad thing, just will occasionally manifest itself with a an ugly outcome. I'm as culpable in that as anyone. So I make a wholesale apology for my tantrums. I will also send Randy Eaton a basket of chocolates for smearing his good name. ;) Mea culpa.

Finally, this goes out to The Cats: the Yogi Bears? Seriously? I expect a better effort out of you if you are looking for a disparaging nickname. The Care Bears, Goldilocks and the 11 Bears, the Teddy Bears, the Fighting Winnie the Poohs. Something. Yogi Bear was cool. I need more creative name calling outta you.

OL FU
November 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Not me. FU:p:)

catamount man
November 17th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Same here. I've exceeded the amount I'm supposed to act like a baby for the quarter anyway. The root of all this is that we care and are passionate about our schools and teams. Not inherently a bad thing, just will occasionally manifest itself with a an ugly outcome. I'm as culpable in that as anyone. So I make a wholesale apology for my tantrums. I will also send Randy Eaton a basket of chocolates for smearing his good name. ;) Mea culpa.

Finally, this goes out to The Cats: the Yogi Bears? Seriously? I expect a better effort out of you if you are looking for a disparaging nickname. The Care Bears, Goldilocks and the 11 Bears, the Teddy Bears, the Fighting Winnie the Poohs. Something. Yogi Bear was cool. I need more creative name calling outta you.

Trust me, Randy would've rather you send him a cold six-pack. LOL!

FUBeAR
November 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNW5pt7Ufrc

ElCid
November 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM

That was mine, please give credit where credit is due.:D

The Cats
November 17th, 2014, 06:20 PM
From here on out, I am forcing a truce upon myself with the Mercer posters.

Are you calling a truce on citdog?

Is citdog calling a truce with Furman?

Has Furman returned the truce?

This could get ugly........ no one would be posting. xthumbsupx

MUfan
November 17th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Let it be noted that World Peace began here. 11/17/2014
God bless us all.

BearDownMU
November 18th, 2014, 08:12 AM
This is why being nice never pays. The thread is dead.

Randy Eaton has cooties!!!!!!!

catamount man
November 18th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Eaton is light years ahead of our last AD who was quoted as saying WCU couldn't win because Cullowhee "lacks BLING". This is also the same man who gave Wagner an extension after a two performance of 5-18.........

WCU is light years ahead of where we were just 4 years ago. Thanks to Dr. Belcher, Randy Eaton and Coach Speir. GO CATS!

- - - Updated - - -

Let it be noted that World Peace began here. 11/17/2014
God bless us all.

"LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH........" LOL!

PaladinFan
November 18th, 2014, 08:55 AM
PJ Blazejowski named SoCon and National Freshman of the Week.

Note to Wofford. I imagine you will see the tunnel screen again on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCkxTSOY98&list=PLA861A2FD6BE4C4BC

walliver
November 18th, 2014, 09:10 AM
PJ Blazejowski named SoCon and National Freshman of the Week.

Note to Wofford. I imagine you will see the tunnel screen again on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCkxTSOY98&list=PLA861A2FD6BE4C4BC

Personally, I don't understand why any team bothers to run the ball against us. If I were an opposing coach and would just stand back and throw the ball all over the field.

Sometimes I wonder if our defensive problem is that our offensive passing attack is so weak, the defense doesn't have anything to practice against.

I just realized that we are 0-6 against Mercer (our longest current losing streak against any current or recent SoCon team), hopefully we can avoid 0-7.

BearDownMU
November 18th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Personally, I don't understand why any team bothers to run the ball against us. If I were an opposing coach and would just stand back and throw the ball all over the field.

Sometimes I wonder if our defensive problem is that our offensive passing attack is so weak, the defense doesn't have anything to practice against.

I just realized that we are 0-6 against Mercer (our longest current losing streak against any current or recent SoCon team), hopefully we can avoid 0-7.

You looking to get revenge for the last loss in October of '41? ;)

BearDownMU
November 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Eaton is light years ahead of our last AD who was quoted as saying WCU couldn't win because Cullowhee "lacks BLING".

If "bling" is a prerequisite, Macon, GA is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E. lol

Catamount87
November 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I guess he's getting all the bling he needs down in Charlotte. Oh wait, UNC-C is 4-6 including a lose to Elon who's only win was against UNC-C. Maybe there isn't enough B-L-I-N-G in Charlotte after all.

walliver
November 18th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I guess he's getting all the bling he needs down in Charlotte. Oh wait, UNC-C is 4-6 including a lose to Elon who's only win was against UNC-C. Maybe there isn't enough B-L-I-N-G in Charlotte after all.

If B-L-I-N-G mattered, Georgia Southern would be in the NAIA.

citdog
November 18th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Citadel beat App twice in about the same span that the cats beat app so dont' bump that chest too much you professional bum.
I

2004 was a LONG time ago you professional mental patient.

catamount man
November 18th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I

2004 was a LONG time ago you professional mental patient.

BEN-ZONA!

FUBeAR
November 18th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Hate to post this, but I'm thinking some of you may not be aware and will want to adjust your Power Rankings accordingly

http://www.reinhardteagles.com/article/2645.php

Just goes to show ya, even the great teams fall short some seasons... xbabycryx

Catamount87
November 18th, 2014, 03:02 PM
FUBeAR lobbing softballs out for the smack talking peanut gallery. xpopcornx

I think I'll skip this batting practice.

kdinva
November 19th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I just know Saturday in Lexington will be intense and fun....... xnodx

The Cats
November 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I just know Saturday in Lexington will be intense and fun....... xnodx

Did you invite citdog to the game?

kdinva
November 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Did you invite citdog to the game?

the gates are open for him! xbeerchugx

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2014, 02:50 PM
So...last week, I allowed a post by Chattown to inspire my Power Rankings & inform my Predictions. Power Rankings were "meh." Predictions were a complete disaster. I went from perfect in my 1st-ever week of making Predictions the prior week to only getting the Sammy-ElCid game correct. So, this week, I'm going rogue as I'm not sure relying on the wisdom of Chattown was the wisest choice I've ever made.

My Power Rankings are, this week, based on YTD SoCon Wins & Losses (how 'bout that for something different?)...but I'm also factoring in the amplitude of those Wins/Losses. Sure, as someone posted similarly this week, all we need for Power Rankings is to look at the standings at this point in the season...but is that any fun? I think not. So...

Power Rankings

Rank
XXXXX
Chatt
Sammy
WCU
Woffy
Mercer
CIT
FU
VMI
Total
Avg
Rank

Chatt
XXXX
?

Sammy
XXXXX

WCU
XXX

Woffy
XXXX
?

Mercer
?
XXXXX

CIT
XX
?

FU
?
XX

VMI
?
XX

I actually (Honestly...for a change of pace) think this looks pretty true to my (real) assessment...whatever that's worth. My baggage-handling freens and my FU brethren will surely not agree and I get that. On the other hand, my good freens from Cullowheeee should be a bit more gentle with me this week based on this analysis. I'm still not 'sold' on their 'power' this year, but I gotta admit, they found a way to beat every team Power Ranked below them by double-digits. No one else in the SoCon did that...including Chatt. Of course, the 2 above them beat them by an average of 1/3rd of a hundred...so there's that.

A couple of interesting tidbits from this analysis....FU will need to beat Chatt by 82 points this week for Sammy to move ahead of the Mocs...while FU's O was much better vs. Woffy, I don't think the B'Ham Bullpups should get too excited about becoming the FUBeAR's Power Ranking LeadDog. Also, if the Bears can find a way to be beat down by Wofford by only -13 points (see what I did there?), they will pass Woffy and move into the #4 spot. Finally, for the Keydets to move up from the cellar, they will need to score 64 more "relative vs. their opponents' points" than FU. So, watch your SmartPhones to track those exciting possibilities on Saturday.

Predictions
FU over Chatt - 21-20 (provides reversal of the Curse of '79, which like Halley's Comet returned to TR this year - FU peeps know that I mean)
CIT over VMI - 64-0
Woffy & Mercer will be well-coached and will play hard. Both teams will expect to win and 1 of them surely will
Sammy - will collect enough to install a funicular for visiting teams to get to their locker rooms at halftime and will give Aubie a better game than most think as long as they don't think they are playing JaxSt in playoffs - then it's katie-bar-the-door!
WCU - I predict double-digits will be the order of the day for the cats again and they will collect enough to offer free post-graduate reading comprehension and creative writing courses for their fans (I just couldn't exit without 1 solid shot, could I?)
Reinhardt - Off (until 2015)

Catamount87
November 19th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That no-show egg we laid against the Mocs really screws up the stats. Factor that out and we have a +10 margin. But it is what it is.

With that, I think you're fairly close this week. I only had FU and Citadel ahead of y'all because they both had beaten you. But I do think it's really a logjam there with an "any given Saturday" the results could be very different. Interestingly, this methodology does lean towards Wofford by a larger margin than any of us might be predicting. But that doesn't factor in their recent "rollover and give up" efforts either. I wouldn't doubt a double digit Mercer win with the passing attack having a field day.

kdinva
November 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
VMI's three road no-shows are embarrassing, no doubt......played WCU practically even the final 40 minutes in the 'whee......

OL FU
November 19th, 2014, 03:51 PM
So...last week, I allowed a post by Chattown to inspire my Power Rankings & inform my Predictions. Power Rankings were "meh." Predictions were a complete disaster. I went from perfect in my 1st-ever week of making Predictions the prior week to only getting the Sammy-ElCid game correct. So, this week, I'm going rogue as I'm not sure relying on the wisdom of Chattown was the wisest choice I've ever made.

My Power Rankings are, this week, based on YTD SoCon Wins & Losses (how 'bout that for something different?)...but I'm also factoring in the amplitude of those Wins/Losses. Sure, as someone posted similarly this week, all we need for Power Rankings is to look at the standings at this point in the season...but is that any fun? I think not. So...

Power Rankings

Rank

XXXXX

Chatt

Sammy

WCU

Woffy

Mercer

CIT

FU

VMI

Total

Avg

Rank

Chatt

XXXX

?

Sammy

XXXXX

WCU

XXX

Woffy

XXXX

?

Mercer

?

XXXXX

CIT

XX

?

FU

?

XX

VMI

?

XX

I actually (Honestly...for a change of pace) think this looks pretty true to my (real) assessment...whatever that's worth. My baggage-handling freens and my FU brethren will surely not agree and I get that. On the other hand, my good freens from Cullowheeee should be a bit more gentle with me this week based on this analysis. I'm still not 'sold' on their 'power' this year, but I gotta admit, they found a way to beat every team Power Ranked below them by double-digits. No one else in the SoCon did that...including Chatt. Of course, the 2 above them beat them by an average of 1/3rd of a hundred...so there's that.

A couple of interesting tidbits from this analysis....FU will need to beat Chatt by 82 points this week for Sammy to move ahead of the Mocs...while FU's O was much better vs. Woffy, I don't think the B'Ham Bullpups should get too excited about becoming the FUBeAR's Power Ranking LeadDog. Also, if the Bears can find a way to be beat down by Wofford by only -13 points (see what I did there?), they will pass Woffy and move into the #4 spot. Finally, for the Keydets to move up from the cellar, they will need to score 64 more "relative vs. their opponents' points" than FU. So, watch your SmartPhones to track those exciting possibilities on Saturday.

Predictions
FU over Chatt - 21-20 (reversal of the jinx of '79 - FU peeps know that I mean)
CIT over VMI - 64-0
Woffy & Mercer will be well-coached and will play hard. Both teams will expect to win and 1 of them surely will
Sammy - will collect enough to install a funicular for visiting teams to get to their locker rooms at halftime and will give Aubie a better game than most think as long as they don't think they are playing JaxSt in playoffs - then it's katie-bar-the-door!
WCU - I predict double-digits will be the order of the day for the cats again and they will collect enough to offer free post-graduate reading comprehension and creative writing courses for their fans (I just couldn't exit without 1 solid shot, could I?)
Reinhardt - Off (until 2015)

You are going to have to remind me. It was my first year out of school so I had to pay to go.xbawlingx I do remember we started horribly and finished strong. I seem to remember getting the crap beat out of us by UTC early in the year before we got it together. but that is as far as my memory goes.

and while I don't think it is worth a lot of debate since I don't like debating whether we are 5th 6th or 7th, I would have a difficult time putting Mercer ahead of Furman unless the Bears win this Saturday. But that is just IMHO

FUBeAR
November 19th, 2014, 04:10 PM
You are going to have to remind me. OK

It was my senior year. I do remember we started horribly and finished strong. Correct!

I seem to remember getting the crap beat out of us by UTC early in the year before we got it together. Correct - it was 45 to not near enough vs. UTC in Sirrine Stadium...and I gave up a sack on my 1st-ever college scrimmage play that game...remember THAT like it was yesterday!

So...FU started 0-5 and then went 5-1...lost the 1 by 1 (21-20) on a missed XP @ VMI...If FU ties that game (no OT in those days, Sports Fans), right back in the hunt for the SoCon Championship...After missing the kick, the FU kicker LOUDLY sent a few choice words and made gestures directed at a non-earthly Supreme Being & as it was a rainy, threatening day, his teammates did not want to stand anywhere near the expected lightning strike. So, since this 2014 season for the 'Dins has had so many '79ism's - losing to PC, losing to VMI, I thought reversing that score on the SoCon Champion might end the jinx/curse

and while I don't think it is worth a lot of debate since I don't like debating whether we are 5th 6th or 7th, I would have a difficult time putting Mercer ahead of Furman unless the Bears win this Saturday. But that is just IMHO OK - Show your work (copying/pasting of the SoCon Standings is not permitted) OR FU could score >36 more "relative points vs. their opponents' points" than Mercer...then you don't have to debate...

OL FU
November 20th, 2014, 06:09 AM
OK
Correct!
Correct - it was 45 to not near enough vs. UTC in Sirrine Stadium...and I gave up a sack on my 1st-ever college scrimmage play that game...remember THAT like it was yesterday!

So...FU started 0-5 and then went 5-1...lost the 1 by 1 (21-20) on a missed XP @ VMI...If FU ties that game (no OT in those days, Sports Fans), right back in the hunt for the SoCon Championship...After missing the kick, the FU kicker LOUDLY sent a few choice words and made gestures directed at a non-earthly Supreme Being & as it was a rainy, threatening day, his teammates did not want to stand anywhere near the expected lightning strike. So, since this 2014 season for the 'Dins has had so many '79ism's - losing to PC, losing to VMI, I thought reversing that score on the SoCon Champion might end the jinx/curse

OK - Show your work (copying/pasting of the SoCon Standings is not permitted) OR FU could score >36 more "relative points vs. their opponents' points" than Mercer...then you don't have to debate...

Got it. Nice story. Sorry bout the sack. Probably help make you that great lineman you becamexthumbsupx

and I had an old man moment, it was my first year out of school.
On the above, nah won't do a lot of work for that because as I said it just isn't that important. It's an opinion much like selected statistics. If we were arguing over 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I might be into it enough to give it a shot.

OL FU
November 20th, 2014, 06:23 AM
and if this season is like '79, then I am going to love the next 12 years or soxthumbsupx

walliver
November 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM
and if this season is like '79, then I am going to love the next 12 years or soxthumbsupx

In 1979 you lost to PC (NAIA), Chattanooga, ETSU, Wofford (NAIA) and VMI. This year you only managed to beat one of those teams.xbawlingx
In 1980, you still couldn't beat Wofford and stopped playing us (until the 100th anniversary game).xdrunkyx

OL FU
November 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM
In 1979 you lost to PC (NAIA), Chattanooga, ETSU, Wofford (NAIA) and VMI. This year you only managed to beat one of those teams.xbawlingx
In 1980, you still couldn't beat Wofford and stopped playing us (until the 100th anniversary game).xdrunkyx

I seem to remember 1980, didn't we tie? I think we were on the way to the Tangerine bowl until we got our ankles bit. :p but I may have my years mixed up.

walliver
November 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I seem to remember 1980, didn't we tie? I think we were on the way to the Tangerine bowl until we got our ankles bit. :p but I may have my years mixed up.

1980 was the tie year 14-14.
1979 was the last game at Snyder Field and the last game in Spartanburg until we joined the SoCon.

The reason the series was cancelled was that Furman didn't want to play home-and-home anymore.

FUBeAR
November 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM

"On our way" might be a stretch, but Bowl Scouts from the Tangerine Bowl were in attendance at that 14-14 tie in a muddy Sirrine Stadium. FU had only lost to UNC in the 1st game of the year, prior to the tie with Woffy...and UNC was pre-season #5. Almost all starters on that UNC Team and many of the back-ups made it into the NFL...and the 'Dins had a chance to take the lead just before halftime, but a fumbled snap (must have been the Center's fault - I heard earlier that he gave up a sack in his 1st college scrimmage play) on the UNC goal line thwarted that possibility and the 'Heels put some distance on the scoreboard in the 2nd half 30-something to 10-something, I think. 1980 was FU's best team ever IMHO...including '85, '88, and '01....but the dang porch-yappers ruined the season...still looking for some retribution for that...maybe, strangely enough, some of that could be found this Saturday.

OL FU
November 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
1980 was the tie year 14-14.
1979 was the last game at Snyder Field and the last game in Spartanburg until we joined the SoCon.

The reason the series was cancelled was that Furman didn't want to play home-and-home anymore.

Well apparently we changed our mind since we let you know the SoCon:)

OL FU
November 20th, 2014, 12:23 PM
"On our way" might be a stretch, but Bowl Scouts from the Tangerine Bowl were in attendance at that 14-14 tie in a muddy Sirrine Stadium. FU had only lost to UNC in the 1st game of the year, prior to the tie with Woffy...and UNC was pre-season #5. Almost all starters on that UNC Team and many of the back-ups made it into the NFL...and the 'Dins had a chance to take the lead just before halftime, but a fumbled snap (must have been the Center's fault - I heard earlier that he gave up a sack in his 1st college scrimmage play) on the UNC goal line thwarted that possibility and the 'Heels put some distance on the scoreboard in the 2nd half 30-something to 10-something, I think. 1980 was FU's best team ever IMHO...including '85, '88, and '01....but the dang porch-yappers ruined the season...still looking for some retribution for that...maybe, strangely enough, some of that can be found this Saturday.

It was certainly a helluva team. I would add '89 to the list of possible greatest. If Debusk doesn't go down, I think we win it all again ( I know my GaSU friends would not agree). and quite frankly might have anyway except for the snow storm that only hit Paladin Stadium

MartletCat
November 21st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Wow I'm late here. Reading the entire thread was pretty interesting though. Apparently the movement toward peace on earth was the 17th, and began with The AGS Forums.
Anyway...

1)UTC
2)Samford
3)WCU
4)Wofford
5)Citadel
6)Furman
7)Mercer
8)VMI
+)ETSU

Mercer vs Wofford - I think the Macon Bears might pull this one out 24-21
Citadel vs VMI - El Cid 21-14
UTC vs FU - Chatty keeps it going 31-17
WCU vs Alabama - Catamounts roll the Tide 35-7
Samford vs Auburn - Dogs trample the Tigers 31-3

(My last two predictions were sarcasm, obviously)

Like I've said before, I understand "money games"....but damn I hate them. Everyone stay healthy and hopefully we'll see both Western and Samford put some points on the board

utcfan
November 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Finals
Wofford 34 Mercer 6
Citadel 45 VMI 25
UTC 45 Furman 19

Toby
November 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Finals
Wofford 34 Mercer 6
Citadel 45 VMI 25

Wofford played well today. Mercer not so much. Looked like Freshmen and Sophomores out there today. Disappointing cause they haven't done that all year. Good luck to UTC in the playoffs and rep out.

walliver
November 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Wofford played well today. Mercer not so much. Looked like Freshmen and Sophomores out there today. Disappointing cause they haven't done that all year. Good luck to UTC in the playoffs and rep out.

After the first few series, you could see the frustration on the Mercer sideline, and the game was downhill from there. I have been on both sides of these kinds of games many times.
The Bears just got us on the wrong day. After the embarrassing loss to FU, and no further games left on the schedule, the Terriers came ready to play, and the defense played its best game of the season.

I was somewhat embarrassed by the poor attendance. It was cold, but a bright sun-shiny day. I suspect most fans know little of Mercer and treated it like the North Greenville and UVA-Wise games which were also poorly attended. Let's face it, the majority of FCS fans do not participate on AGS.

Catamount87
November 24th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Man was I surprised by the Wofford-Mercer score. I really thought Mercer had a good chance of taking advantage of a demoralized Wofford team. But it sure was the other way around!

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Just a crazy year in the conference.

Furman beats Mercer by 5
Mercer loses to Wofford by 28
Furman beats Wofford by 17
Wofford beats Samford by 4
Samford beats Furman by 45

Someone make sense of that.

BearDownMU
November 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Man was I surprised by the Wofford-Mercer score. I really thought Mercer had a good chance of taking advantage of a demoralized Wofford team. But it sure was the other way around!

Watching the game, you could tell the Woffy guys had just decided no way they were losing. Based on the talk on here, I would assume the Wofford fans have calmed down on the "our guys are quitting" theme, because they played with max effort on Saturday.

We didn't play great and made a number of mental errors, but we just got dominated. The SoCon rushing yardage leader had 13 yards on 9 carries. That's getting it done on D.

walliver
November 24th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Just a crazy year in the conference.

Furman beats Mercer by 5
Mercer loses to Wofford by 28
Furman beats Wofford by 17
Wofford beats Samford by 4
Samford beats Furman by 45

Someone make sense of that.

When you're dealing with teams dominated by 18-20 year old men (essentially teenagers), anything can happen.

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2014, 11:15 AM
After the first few series, you could see the frustration on the Mercer sideline, and the game was downhill from there. I have been on both sides of these kinds of games many times.
The Bears just got us on the wrong day. After the embarrassing loss to FU, and no further games left on the schedule, the Terriers came ready to play, and the defense played its best game of the season.

I was somewhat embarrassed by the poor attendance. It was cold, but a bright sun-shiny day. I suspect most fans know little of Mercer and treated it like the North Greenville and UVA-Wise games which were also poorly attended. Let's face it, the majority of FCS fans do not participate on AGS.

Did Bobby throw his visor?

I hope he thew his visor.

Mocs123
November 24th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Watching the game, you could tell the Woffy guys had just decided no way they were losing. Based on the talk on here, I would assume the Wofford fans have calmed down on the "our guys are quitting" theme, because they played with max effort on Saturday.

We didn't play great and made a number of mental errors, but we just got dominated. The SoCon rushing yardage leader had 13 yards on 9 carries. That's getting it done on D.

In my experience Wofford never has the best athletes but they always play hard. They are always a smart, well coached, hard nosed, and disciplined football team. I have a lot of respect for what Mike Ayers has done in Spartanburg.

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2014, 02:05 PM

The score was not shocking so much as some of the other statistics. I was very surprised to see Mercer have so much trouble throwing the ball.

Wofford plays hard, but I think even their fans would admit their pass defense is not very good.

walliver
November 24th, 2014, 03:08 PM
The score was not shocking so much as some of the other statistics. I was very surprised to see Mercer have so much trouble throwing the ball.

Wofford plays hard, but I think even their fans would admit their pass defense is not very good.

Pass defense was much improved, but the key was defensive line play. There were a number of sacks and rushed throws. We were also very effective at detecting the screen passes. And to be honest, Mercer seemed to be out of sync with a few bad throws and a number of passes that shouldn't have been thrown.

dungeonjoe
November 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Did Bobby throw his visor?

I hope he thew his visor.
no, but he did appear as if he was going to stroke out a couple of times.

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Picture taken and posted on Furman's forum of the game against UTC (http://postimg.org/image/m2cygaugj/). Folks counted approximately 35 Paladin players on the sidelines in sweats.

Some of those players are redshirt freshmen, but it speaks to the type of season Furman has had. Not good when the guys in sweats outnumber the guys in uniform on the sideline.

Here's to 2015 and new beginnings.

CID1990
November 25th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Furmen sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chattanoogamocs
November 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Picture taken and posted on Furman's forum of the game against UTC (http://postimg.org/image/m2cygaugj/). Folks counted approximately 35 Paladin players on the sidelines in sweats.

Some of those players are redshirt freshmen, but it speaks to the type of season Furman has had. Not good when the guys in sweats outnumber the guys in uniform on the sideline.

Here's to 2015 and new beginnings.

It was definitely alluded to on a number of occasions during the Mocs radio broadcast about how it looked like there were more people in track suits than uniforms.

And planned or not, it was a great visual for the fans (and bosses) to see...a big all-game sideline reminder of why the season didn't go well.

FUBeAR
November 25th, 2014, 06:21 PM
there were more people in track suits than uniforms.

Ohhhhh....Now I get it...I saw that pic and thought they were honoring FU's SoCon Champion XC Teams by letting them stand on the sidelines of a football game. :D

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2014, 07:46 PM
It was definitely alluded to on a number of occasions during the Mocs radio broadcast about how it looked like there were more people in track suits than uniforms.

And planned or not, it was a great visual for the fans (and bosses) to see...a big all-game sideline reminder of why the season didn't go well.

It is what it is. Hopefully the team comes about for a full broadside next season.

OL FU
November 26th, 2014, 06:29 AM

I can't imagine that it wasn't planned. It was a very disappointing season considering how high the expectations were going in. A good reminder for all.

With that said, I will temper my expectations next year until the season actually starts.

citdog
November 26th, 2014, 10:46 AM
furman sucks

The Zombie Joo Carpenter is getting his revenge for furman disavowing all knowledge of him in the name of political and financial expediency.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

OL FU
November 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM
furman sucks

The Zombie Joo Carpenter is getting his revenge for furman disavowing all knowledge of him in the name of political and financial expediency.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

FU!!! in the nicest of ways of course