PDA

View Full Version : SLC Playoff Picture

BEAR
November 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Things just got clearer tonight.

SLU won at least a share of the conference or won it outright. Not sure.
Sam won easily but still has UCA left.
UCA was off but is in third statistically but could move to second with a win over Sam next week.

All other teams have at least 3 losses and most likely will not go.

Best scenario IMO for more than 2 SLC teams in the postseason.

UCA wins next week giving SLU the autobid.
UCA wins the head to head with Sam and gets the at large or
UCA and Sam get at larges with 7 division I wins each.
---------------------------------------------------------
3 SLC teams in the playoffs? Maybe two?

Or are there too many other conferences with teams with more wins?

Again, that darn 53 yard field goal by Mo. state was a killer. Plus SAMs bad loss looks bad. UCAs loss to ACU doesn't look so bad now with ACU beating SFA.

Thoughts?

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Things just got clearer tonight.

SLU won at least a share of the conference or won it outright. Not sure.
Sam won easily but still has UCA left.
UCA was off but is in third statistically but could move to second with a win over Sam next week.

All other teams have at least 3 losses and most likely will not go.

Best scenario IMO for more than 2 SLC teams in the postseason.

UCA wins next week giving SLU the autobid.
UCA wins the head to head with Sam and gets the at large or
UCA and Sam get at larges with 7 division I wins each.
---------------------------------------------------------
3 SLC teams in the playoffs? Maybe two?

Or are there too many other conferences with teams with more wins?

Again, that darn 53 yard field goal by Mo. state was a killer. Plus SAMs bad loss looks bad. UCAs loss to ACU doesn't look so bad now with ACU beating SFA.

Thoughts?
I watched that Mo State game(felt like I was watching a broadcast from the 80's). That loss hurts for UCA.

lionsrking2
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
It's a long shot but if Northwestern State wins out they would have a decent bubble case depending on what happens around the country. They would have 7 D-I wins, including an FBS win over a top C USA team, plus a win over a potential Co conference champ in SHSU if they beat UCA. It's a long shot but they would have a decent case if a 7 win team were to enter the conversation.

BEAR
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I watched that Mo State game(felt like I was watching a broadcast from the 80's). That loss hurts for UCA.

Sams loss to Colorado State Pueblo looks even worse IMO.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 07:24 PM
It's a long shot but if Northwestern State wins out they would have a decent bubble case depending on what happens around the country. They would have 7 D-I wins, including an FBS win over a top C USA team, plus a win over a potential Co conference champ in SHSU if they beat UCA. It's a long shot but they would have a decent case if a 7 win team were to enter the conversation.

They are done, SFA might have a shot since they can get to 8-4(7 DI wins plus a win over SELA)

Five loss teams are a no go.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2014, 07:25 PM
This looks like a league that cannibalized itself into two bids tops if SHSU beats UCA. If UCA wins it's SELA and that's it.

BEAR
November 15th, 2014, 07:26 PM
This looks like a league that cannibalized itself into two bids tops if SHSU beats UCA. If UCA wins it's SELA and that's it.

I don't know. They let Sam in last year. xlolx

Sammy94
November 15th, 2014, 07:37 PM
They let Sam in last year.

you mean the year after 2 NC appearances? It won't matter after next week. Sam and SELA will represent the SLC book it.

lionsrking2
November 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM
We get grief for adding HBU and UIW, but ACU was a solid add and the top 8 teams in our league are very tough outs. Lots of athleticism around the league and if u don't come ready to play you're subject to get popped.

LuckyKat
November 15th, 2014, 08:53 PM
SHSU wins, they are in. That's it
And WHO I ask would like to have SHSU in the 1st round of the playoffs. Please speak up

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 08:58 PM
And WHO I ask would like to have SHSU in the 1st round of the playoffs. Please speak up

I'm not sure; I think they still could be a bubble. Sam's problem is they really don't have any quality wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
CSU Pueblo???

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 09:02 PM
CSU Pueblo???

Ouch. ;)

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 09:10 PM

Hopefully another matchup with EWU.

LuckyKat
November 15th, 2014, 09:11 PM
What about it.. they played better we lost
Same against EWU, and how many weeks ago was that.
but it's about NOW. All of you know that SHSU wins they at in. And that scares you to death... and I Love it...

Nickels
November 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure; I think they still could be a bubble. Sam's problem is they really don't have any quality wins.

I guess you didn't see McNeese (top 5 at the time) or SFA (top 25) get destroyed.

Colorado Pueblo would DEMOLISH EWW.

Our team that was put together in literally a couple of weeks almost beat the beagles at home...and showed the nation they were much more talented. EWW fans want no part of Sam right now.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I guess you didn't see McNeese (top 5 at the time) or SFA (top 25) get destroyed.

Our team that was put together in literally a couple of weeks almost beat the beagles at home...and showed the nation they were much more talented. EWW fans want no part of Sam right now.

Those are two decent wins, although neither will be playoff teams.

Almost beat us? Emmm...the score was 56-35.

And no, Co Pueblo would not be within 3 TD's of EWU. Sorry.

Good luck next weekend.

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 09:31 PM
SHSU strikes zero fear in this uni fan.

Only EWUs offense gives be any second thought

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
November 15th, 2014, 09:32 PM
What about it.. they played better we lost
Same against EWU, and how many weeks ago was that.
but it's about NOW. All of you know that SHSU wins they at in. And that scares you to death... and I Love it...

If Sam wins they aren't guaranteed in. They'd be an 8-4 team with the CSU pueblo loss. That sets the stage for them to be Lehighed

You could easily argue for mvfc schools over sam's resume.

If they get in, I imagine they'll be set up with a trip to Fargo if they win the opening round game

McNeese75
November 15th, 2014, 09:46 PM
After tonight I would say the team with the best chance of advancing in the playoffs at this time is SHSU. SELU is not as good as last year IMO. Kats have more upside talent wise.

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2014, 10:00 PM

I think Sam could beat some teams in the playoff field. I hope they make it in. I would be interested to see how they do. I think they have the talent to do well when they play together, as they have been.

I don't want to play teams we've already played for the most part, but not because I'm afraid. Nobody at EWU is afraid of SHSU. It would be nice to even the score somewhat, honestly. But I like to see us stack up against teams we haven't played yet.

That being said, many teams could have taken Pueblo lightly and been surprised. But most of the top teams would've won. Heck, I think if you guys played them now, you win. Pueblo's not the first time I've seen a DII team compete or beat an FCS team. Central Washington took National Finalist UM to the wire in 2008, and us to the wire in 2010.

It's funny your disdain for EWU. I have no idea why that is. You act like your the one who's been on the losing end of the rivalry.

smilo
November 15th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Don't count out UCA as the bubble keeps getting weaker and weaker - especially if SFA loses to NWST. In that case, the UCA/SHSU could be for one of the final playoff spots. Probably not because EKU survived and SIU can count their Taylor win to get them to 7 (and the MVFC>SLC duh), but it creates an interesting situation especially if CP loses tonight and Montana and Liberty lose next week (I expect Liberty to win, but they are an underdog).

Better yet, if UCA beats SHSU, McNeese beats Lamar and NWST beats SFA, can anyone get in? So many 7's.

UCA 6-2 (7-5) beat SHSU, NWST, SFA, and Lamar (Losses to Mont St and Mo St and SELA and FBS but also Abilene)
SHSU 6-2 (7-5) beat SFA, McNeese, and Lamar (Losses to EWU and FBS but also COST-Pueblo)
McNeese 5-3 (7-4) beat NWST (Losses to SELA and FBS)
Northwestern State 5-3 (7-5) beat SHSU, SFA [and LA Tech] (Losses to Mo St and FBS)
Stephen F. Austin 4-4 (7-5) beat McNeese [and SELA] (losses to FBS but also Abilene)
Lamar 4-4 (7-5) beat nobody including 2 D2's so technically not even eligible

Out of that list, McNeese is the only one without 5 losses but they had one less game and really beat nobody (NWST is arguably the least worthy team on that list bar Lamar).
You can make an argument for a few teams over them, but UCA seems like they would have the inside track to a potential second bid if the opportunity arises for an SLC team (especially if Montana St beats Montana). SHSU has the D2 loss. McNeese has no big wins. NWST would be 2-2 vs that list but the Committee may like the FBS win too much. As for SFA, they'd be closing weak, aren't a big name, and the SELA win isn't that much better than beating teams on this list.

Having the Head to Head versus all those teams bar 4-loss McNeese who has 1 big win would be a huge advantage. Should be a fun final week!

LIONFAN07
November 16th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Actually I think NWST if the beat SFA has a playoff shot. They don't have a bad loss. (McNeese at SFA and at SLU.) Mo State was the one that could stand out on that list. Plus a win against decent FBS. This league just ate itself this year.

BEAR
November 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Nice review Smilo. xdrunkyx

As as it stands, it will be tough for UCA to beat Sam in Huntsville. So that might clear up the picture further. But just as UCA beat A team 70-0 and called the dogs off early, that game was followed by a disappointing loss so who knows.

I dont see SLU losing.

SFA will probably win.

The he picture will finally clear next week. xlolx

Hammond, AMERICA
November 16th, 2014, 07:53 PM
After tonight I would say the team with the best chance of advancing in the playoffs at this time is SHSU. SELU is not as good as last year IMO. Kats have more upside talent wise.
Disagree. We are dealing with a new O-line this year so now that they have had time to jel, I think we have it all figured out now. Now that we've had a season to see what the playoffs are about, I think we will be much improved and able to handle the pressure. Hopefully we can get a home game or 2.

lionsrking2
November 16th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Disagree. We are dealing with a new O-line this year so now that they have had time to jel, I think we have it all figured out now. Now that we've had a season to see what the playoffs are about, I think we will be much improved and able to handle the pressure. Hopefully we can get a home game or 2.

We're way better defensively than last year ... not even close. We've been more conservative offensively for a variety of reasons but we're ahead of last year's pace and have been more explosive. The difference is we're getting everybody's A effort and not sneaking up on anybody. One thing we have learned is you can't piddle around and go through the motions, especially when an opponent has the calender circled.

McNeese75
November 16th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Of course you both think you are so much better this year than last (Roberts has been pushing that all year, I was surprised he did not mention it in those cheesy car commercials on the scoreboard) but the proof is NOT in your results this year. I don't have much hope for you in advancing very far in the playoffs. And as I said IMO. You are very fortunate you did not have to play SHSU this year late in the year.

lionsrking2
November 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Of course you both think you are so much better this year than last (Roberts has been pushing that all year, I was surprised he did not mention it in those cheesy car commercials on the scoreboard) but the proof is NOT in your results this year. I don't have much hope for you in advancing very far in the playoffs. And as I said IMO. You are very fortunate you did not have to play SHSU this year late in the year.

Best of luck this off-season. xcoffeex

McNeese75
November 16th, 2014, 08:55 PM

I just get my Saturdays free for the holidays one week before you do.

lionsrking2
November 16th, 2014, 09:10 PM

Nice.

Sammy94
November 17th, 2014, 07:58 AM

C'mon man. I watched the game on Sat. and although I don't think SELA looks as good as they did last season, I think they win a first round matchup unless it is UNI.

smilo
November 17th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I have them facing UTC. I hate Chatty and like SELA quite a bit, but I just don't see them coming out of that game. It may be close, but ultimately, I'd be surprised.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I have them facing UTC. I hate Chatty and like SELA quite a bit, but I just don't see them coming out of that game. It may be close, but ultimately, I'd be surprised.
And why is that?

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I agree that loss to CSU-P looks bad, However thank god it was in the first 4 games of the season. If it was late I would agree there is not a chance of us getting in. With that being said, We win on Saturday and share the conference with SLU then I have a feeling we are in as an at large by being a co-champ. If our rival to the NW of us takes care of business and goes out with a win, they do us a favor and we claim auto bid due to head to head over NWST. I am not going to go out on a limb and say people are scared to play SHSU, But I bet we make some teams nervous, especially those BIG SKY teams that get in. I think we avoid a match up with EWU since the country already saw that and we get slotted on the NDSU side. Just my two cents.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I agree that loss to CSU-P looks bad, However thank god it was in the first 4 games of the season. If it was late I would agree there is not a chance of us getting in. With that being said, We win on Saturday and share the conference with SLU then I have a feeling we are in as an at large by being a co-champ. If our rival to the NW of us takes care of business and goes out with a win, they do us a favor and we claim auto bid due to head to head over NWST. I am not going to go out on a limb and say people are scared to play SHSU, But I bet we make some teams nervous, especially those BIG SKY teams that get in. I think we avoid a match up with EWU since the country already saw that and we get slotted on the NDSU side. Just my two cents.

If NW State wins, we get the autobid due to our head to head win over them. You guys will get auto if SFA wins. I'm sure that's what you meant, clarifying just in case. That said I think SHSU is a lock for a playoff berth with a W over UCA regardless of what else happens.

Fear the Bird
November 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM

I'm going to say anybody famliar with KC Keeler would love to see SHSU in any round of the playoffs, especially EWU

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 11:16 AM
If NW State wins, we get the autobid due to our head to head win over them. You guys will get auto if SFA wins. I'm sure that's what you meant, clarifying just in case. That said I think SHSU is a lock for a playoff berth with a W over UCA regardless of what else happens.

Correct, Our Rival to the NW being SFA. If both SLU and SHSU win they are CO-Champs.

Aside from that if SFA wins, SHSU gets autobid.

If NWST wins, SLU gets Autobid.

IMO if both teams win no matter who gets autobid, SLU and SHSU represent the SLC as CO-Champs.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I'm going to say anybody famliar with KC Keeler would love to see SHSU in any round of the playoffs, especially EWU

You know I was very high on KCK when he got here, That love affair simmered down in the first 4 games and after the CSU-P loss. I will be honest, SHSU has had a massive turn around and the ship has turned. It seems to be all coming together on the field and in the locker room at the right time. Take care of business Saturday and we make it 4 years in a row with a New Coach, New System, a ****e ton of transfers that looked sketchy early on, and a young QB who looks like he is coming into form late in the year.

Dear God, I hope we don't ****E the bed against UCA!

BEAR
November 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Depends on which UCA team shows up, which QB shows up, and how motivated those kids are about their playoff chances.
UCA will have the same record as SHSU with the head to head tiebreaker. Will it make a difference? Who knows.
Good game against FBS Texas Tech. might be seen as a plus but that was the first game of the year.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Correct, Our Rival to the NW being SFA. If both SLU and SHSU win they are CO-Champs.

Aside from that if SFA wins, SHSU gets autobid.

If NWST wins, SLU gets Autobid.

IMO if both teams win no matter who gets autobid, SLU and SHSU represent the SLC as CO-Champs.

No doubt.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Depends on which UCA team shows up, which QB shows up, and how motivated those kids are about their playoff chances.
UCA will have the same record as SHSU with the head to head tiebreaker. Will it make a difference? Who knows.
Good game against FBS Texas Tech. might be seen as a plus but that was the first game of the year.

The SLC all comes down to UCA vs SHSU and SFA vs NWST to decide the whole kit and caboodle!

If the UCA team that played Lamar shows up I think this game is a runaway for SHSU, If the team that took TTU to the limit or beat SLU shows up then I think SHSU is in for a dog fight. SHSU has come a long....long...long way this year and I am excited for what they can do in the post season. They focus on Saturday and JJ has a solid game then we are all good.

If any of you UCA fans are coming down, Feel free to come to the Kat Daddy Tailgaters spot in LOT P7. You will see the flags flying around 7am in the parking lot across the field from Bowers Stadium.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 12:03 PM

Doubtful UCA would get strong consideration with 5 losses, however, if the bubble broadens to include 5 loss teams, I would think NW State and UCA would both get strong looks if both win this weekend. The Demons may get the edge with an FBS win over the potential C-USA champion (La Tech, 9-3) even though UCA beat them head to head. Both would get in over Sam Houston if all three finish 7-5.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM
The SLC all comes down to UCA vs SHSU and SFA vs NWST to decide the whole kit and caboodle!

If the UCA team that played Lamar shows up I think this game is a runaway for SHSU, If the team that took TTU to the limit or beat SLU shows up then I think SHSU is in for a dog fight. SHSU has come a long....long...long way this year and I am excited for what they can do in the post season. They focus on Saturday and JJ has a solid game then we are all good.

If any of you UCA fans are coming down, Feel free to come to the Kat Daddy Tailgaters spot in LOT P7. You will see the flags flying around 7am in the parking lot across the field from Bowers Stadium.

We beat UCA 41-24. That said, they are the most talented team we've faced this year IMO. They also have an open date to get healed and refocused ... I wouldn't assume anything in this one.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
We beat UCA 41-24. That said, they are the most talented team we've faced this year IMO. They also have an open date to get healed and refocused ... I wouldn't assume anything in this one.

If Sam continues to play the way we have been the last month or so, Then I don't see UCA coming into Huntsville and stealing this one. If this were in Conway, I would be less confident. Nothing about UCA intimidates me right now, Yes they had a bye week, but they have a banged up starting QB. Let's see what plays out on Saturday.

BEAR
November 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM
If Sam continues to play the way we have been the last month or so, Then I don't see UCA coming into Huntsville and stealing this one. If this were in Conway, I would be less confident. Nothing about UCA intimidates me right now, Yes they had a bye week, but they have a banged up starting QB. Let's see what plays out on Saturday.

UCA's QB was supposed to be out for 2 weeks..and he was. You can add a bye week and the week leading up to the Sam game as two additional weeks. Should he be there? Yes. Will he be? Who knows. If he's not, then Sam should handle business. If he is there, you still get a coin toss on how he will perform.

BEAR
November 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
SLC announces playoff picture scenarios: questions answered below..

http://southland.org/news/2014/11/17/FB_1117140134.aspx

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM

We'll see.

McNeese72
November 17th, 2014, 02:13 PM
We're way better defensively than last year ... not even close. We've been more conservative offensively for a variety of reasons but we're ahead of last year's pace and have been more explosive. The difference is we're getting everybody's A effort and not sneaking up on anybody. One thing we have learned is you can't piddle around and go through the motions, especially when an opponent has the calender circled.

From my one time live impression of SLU, I don't think they are as good on offense as last season. As far as on defense, it is hard to tell. We are so beat up on offense, we couldn't hardly get it together to move the ball on anybody the last two or three games.

This is just my opinion after seeing the Lions live just once.

Also, I don't think McNeese has the horses left to beat Lamar next Saturday.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2014, 02:14 PM
This is why the play the games!

"We play to win the game!"

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 02:21 PM
From my one time live impression of SLU, I don't think they are as good on offense as last season. As far as on defense, it is hard to tell. We are so beat up on offense, we couldn't hardly get it together to move the ball on anybody the last two or three games.

This is just my opinion after seeing the Lions live just once.

Also, I don't think McNeese has the horses left to beat Lamar next Saturday.

Your opinion is noted and respected, but I'll put it this way ... I'd rather take our present team into the playoffs over last years. We're much better equipped defensively to play the variety of offenses we'll face, and while we maybe haven't been as consistent offensively, we're more explosive. We'll see how it plays out.

robsnotes4u
November 17th, 2014, 02:26 PM
SLC announces playoff picture scenarios: questions answered below..

http://southland.org/news/2014/11/17/FB_1117140134.aspx

Nice job by the conference doing this.

dbackjon
November 17th, 2014, 02:27 PM
We get grief for adding HBU and UIW, but ACU was a solid add and the top 8 teams in our league are very tough outs. Lots of athleticism around the league and if u don't come ready to play you're subject to get popped.

ACU is a great program. Had a FBS win, should have been two. And, NAU's only road win this year :)

BEAR
November 17th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I'm a Nicholls fan this week.

I'm a Bear fan this week.

I'm a fan of the impossible and the improbable! xlolx

dbackjon
November 17th, 2014, 02:35 PM

Just because you keep repeating that tripe doesn't make it true.

CS-Pueblo also lost to Ft. Lewis. A team UC-Davis destroyed.

McNeese72
November 17th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Your opinion is noted and respected, but I'll put it this way ... I'd rather take our present team into the playoffs over last years. We're much better equipped defensively to play the variety of offenses we'll face, and while we maybe haven't been as consistent offensively, we're more explosive. We'll see how it plays out.

Well, you've seen them a hell of a lot more than I have. I'll be pulling for any SLC teams that make the playoffs to make some noise and go deep into them.

Most people, because I like to sandbag a lot, don't believe it when I tell them how banged up and injured McNeese is right now. Because of all the WR, RB, and now QB injuries, we have almost zero offense. I haven't seen it this bad, especially with key players, since 1996.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Well, you've seen them a hell of a lot more than I have. I'll be pulling for any SLC teams that make the playoffs to make some noise and go deep into them.

Most people, because I like to sandbag a lot, don't believe it when I tell them how banged up and injured McNeese is right now. Because of all the WR, RB, and now QB injuries, we have almost zero offense. I haven't seen it this bad, especially with key players, since 1996.

I feel for the Cowboys Doc, but like most programs this time of year, we've battled injuries too (the last two years). Bennett is playing on one good foot and a bum right shoulder, not to mention he tore the thumb ligament on his throwing hand vs McNeese last year and had off-season surgery. That's one of the reasons we've been more conservative with him this year, and tried to rest him vs SFA. Xavier Roberson is out for the year and didn't play vs McNeese ... we also lost our starting tight end a few weeks ago ... our No. 2 RB was lost for the year in the Southern Utah game ... Rasheed Harrell has been limited ... we had two O-linemen down for a couple of weeks ... Harlan Miller was out for three weeks early in the year and Micah Eugene has missed time as has Mo Sutton ... Marquel Combs hasn't played since the Lamar game. We have more but can't remember them all.

McNeese72
November 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I feel for the Cowboys Doc, but like most programs this time of year, we've battled injuries too (the last two years). Bennett is playing on one good foot and a bum right shoulder, not to mention he tore the thumb ligament on his throwing hand vs McNeese last year and had off-season surgery. That's one of the reasons we've been more conservative with him this year, and tried to rest him vs SFA. Xavier Roberson is out for the year and didn't play vs McNeese ... we also lost our starting tight end a few weeks ago ... our No. 2 RB was lost for the year in the Southern Utah game ... Rasheed Harrell has been limited ... we had two O-linemen down for a couple of weeks ... Harlan Miller was out for three weeks early in the year and Micah Eugene has missed time as has Mo Sutton ... Marquel Combs hasn't played since the Lamar game. We have more but can't remember them all.

I know how it is but right now, this season, I could make a list of the guys who aren't injured some way and/or out for the season and it would be shorter than the guys who are. I've been around a long time and I haven't seen it this bad since 1996. I can remember playing UNI in the UNIDome in the regular season that year and, before it was over with, playing an all freshman secondary because of injuries. And it wasn't very pretty. We old guys still call that year the M.A.S.H. season.

Good luck in the playoffs. One more game for us and it will be time to concentrate on taking basketball photos.

BEAR
November 20th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Word is starting QB Taylor Reed will still be out. Makes it even tougher for the Bears in Huntsville.

TheEagleSHSU
November 21st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Word is starting QB Taylor Reed will still be out. Makes it even tougher for the Bears in Huntsville.

It would have been difficult with him playing, I think SHSU RUNS away with this one late in the game.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2014, 04:43 PM
Game time changed to 12:30pm

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209777489&DB_OEM_ID=19900

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM

I thought Howard was better anyway, especially against us. He was 24-36 for 349 and 4 TDs against Sam last year. Not sure it'll be an issue for the Bears.

BEAR
November 21st, 2014, 09:58 PM
I thought Howard was better anyway, especially against us. He was 24-36 for 349 and 4 TDs against Sam last year. Not sure it'll be an issue for the Bears.

True but this years Sam team is actually SHFBSSU with all the FBS transfers. Not the same team.

McNeese75
November 29th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Welcome!!!! Right on time xnodx

Texas
November 29th, 2014, 10:08 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/6quIvmJFMH7Wg/giphy.gif

LIONFAN07
November 29th, 2014, 10:15 PM
How was the McNeese playoff game today? When was the last time yall won a playoff game?

Texas
November 29th, 2014, 10:20 PM
How was the McNeese playoff game today? When was the last time yall won a playoff game?
Who is SLU playing next week? How many playoff games have y'all ever won?

McNeese75
November 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM

xcoffeex