PDA

View Full Version : PJ Blazejowski

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Went 15-15 for 305 yards today against Wofford. Set a Furman single game record for consecutive completions. Has gone 35-44 over the last two games for 612 yards and 5 touchdowns against Furman's two biggest rivals.

That'll do.

rokamortis
November 15th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Went 15-15 for 305 yards today against Wofford. Set a Furman single game record for consecutive completions. Has gone 35-44 over the last two games for 612 yards and 5 touchdowns against Furman's two biggest rivals.

That'll do.

Does that get you guys into the playoffs?

Mr. C
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM

That'll do.
The bigger question is who will start at QB next season when everyone on the depth chart is back from injury? Great performance by the kid today.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2014, 08:39 PM
The bigger question is who will start at QB next season when everyone on the depth chart is back from injury? Great performance by the kid today.

It is a good problem to have, I guess.

If I had my druthers, I would let Hannon take his medical redshirt and start 2015 as a junior and 2016 as a senior. Let Blazejowski redshirt in 2015, and be a backup as a redshirt sophomore in 2016, and start 2017 and 2018.

I still think the job is Hannon's to lose. Hannon is, in my opinion, still a more polished product. Furman tends to win football games when he plays.

chattownmocs
November 15th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I haven't seen blazejowski but if he is a better talent than hannon I'd be shocked if they turned back now. I guess its kind of like the worley-dobbs situation at tennessee. Look what they did, and look how that turned out. Goota go with blaze

citdog
November 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
furman sucks

SCPALADIN
November 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM
He should have been 15-18. There were three instances today where he should have thrown the ball away and instead got sacked for big losses. It was a great performance but the 15-15 stat, to me, is not what really made the difference in the game. Having this kind of depth and talent at QB is a nice problem to have.

citdog
November 15th, 2014, 09:44 PM
The preseason 2015 talk of vermin dominance has begun! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has more wins in June and July than the rattlesnake handlin' Baptists from Travellers Rest!

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM
The preseason 2015 talk of vermin dominance has begun! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has more wins in June and July than the rattlesnake handlin' Baptists from Travellers Rest!

Furman also has quite a few wins in September through December as well.

No body is calling him the next great SoCon QB. He had two pretty danged impressive games back to back.

citdog
November 15th, 2014, 09:59 PM
42-35

OL FU
November 16th, 2014, 06:15 AM
42-35

I would call you a prick but I don't want your head to get any bigger than it already is.

CasualFan
November 16th, 2014, 09:45 AM
It was a very good performance. I noticed several of the 25-35 yard pass plays were wide open, and he found and hit his man. In particular, the flag routes between the safety and cornerback were there. Wofford's pass D looked pretty bad with only a few contested catches, but he certainly deserves credit. He was absolutely the difference between a W and an L.

That said, I'd rather face him than Reese. It's only one game, but that was my take.

SU DOG
November 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM
IMO, Hannon is more consistent, and has the better "feel" for managing the game. I was scared of Blazejowski before our game at FU, but he was not really on that day. He may mature(or has matured) as he continues to play. There is no argument that he is a real talent. This will be interesting to follow.

PaladinNation
November 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I hope they can find a way to play both… Hannon taking a redshirt relay makes this interesting and screws things up a bit too.
The future will be interesting, Furman is building a receiving corp that is more athletic than years past, and a stable of four 6-4 tight ends.
Right now IMO what makes Blaze interesting running the offense, is how Furman is getting the running backs more involved in the passing game.
Reminds me of the Ingle Martin offenses.

SCPALADIN
November 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM
42-35

58-33-3
You'll be feeding worms before your bellhop brethren sniff evening up the series.xcoffeex

If it weren't for Furman's "play for fun" years in the 70's we'd probable be up 30+ gamesxbeerchugx

CID1990
November 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
58-33-3
You'll be feeding worms before your bellhop brethren sniff evening up the series.xcoffeex

If it weren't for Furman's "play for fun" years in the 70's we'd probable be up 30+ gamesxbeerchugx

yeah and Navy and Army used to
be the best teams in the country

yawn

oh and furmen sucks

citdog
November 17th, 2014, 04:25 AM
58-33-3

Who won this year?

OL FU
November 17th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Who won this year?

A concession that 149 years ago no longer mattersxthumbsupx

SCPALADIN
November 17th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Who won this year?

Not going to argue with you there. After visiting Johnson Hagood last week for the game and seeing the scarcity of Socon championship flags being flown it's obvious you guys don't have much to hang your hats on. 22 years since a title has got to be rough. Enjoy the win...neither of our teams has had much to celebrate this year.

citdog
November 17th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Not going to argue with you there. After visiting Johnson Hagood last week for the game and seeing the scarcity of Socon championship flags being flown it's obvious you guys don't have much to hang your hats on. 22 years since a title has got to be rough. Enjoy the win...neither of our teams has had much to celebrate this year.

What made '92 even SWEETER is that we WON IT ON YOUR FIELD. HANG YOUR HAT ON THAT.....

SCPALADIN
November 17th, 2014, 12:55 PM
What made '92 even SWEETER is that we WON IT ON YOUR FIELD. HANG YOUR HAT ON THAT.....

Considering the number of SOCON titles and playoff wins we've had since that day...it doesn't phase many of us in the least.

That said, as a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan I can completely empathize your having to go back two decades to find something worthwhile to "hang my hat on". At least you guys have a chance to beat both of your main rivals this season (FU & VMI).

chattownmocs
November 19th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Saw his mom on 20/20. I feel sorry for him.

OL FU
November 19th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I heard the story, Hoping for his sake it is a different person. But no clue.

kdinva
November 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I just know that next year there will be fine QB play in the SoCon, with PJ, Al Cobb, Mitchell (WCU).....and others who'll come along... xbowx

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I just know that next year there will be fine QB play in the SoCon, with PJ, Al Cobb, Mitchell (WCU).....and others who'll come along... xbowx

It's a pretty deep QB group. Cobb is an up and coming star. You will have a solid group of veterans in Husemann, Mitchell, and Eubanks (or whomever Samford convinces to transfer and play QB). Furman will have to sort out whether Hannon or Blazejowski will see the most snaps. Mercer has pretty solid under the radar player in John Russ.

The Citadel and Wofford have a bit more of an open question at the position, but also run an offense that is less QB-centric.