PDA

View Full Version : How many at larges does the Big Sky get?

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Eastern Washington (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/331/eastern-washington-eagles)
6-1
9-2

Montana State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/147/montana-state-bobcats)
6-1
8-3

Idaho State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/304/idaho-state-bengals)
5-2
7-4

Northern Arizona (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2464/northern-arizona-lumberjacks)
5-2
7-4

Cal Poly (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/13/cal-poly-mustangs)
5-2
6-4

Montana (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/149/montana-grizzlies)
5-2
7-4

EWU with Portland State left should be in.
Idaho State is probably out now..
Montana State has Montana left.
NAU still has a slight chance with SUU left.
Cal Poly is probably in with the last 2 games at UC Davis and San Diego.
Montana has Montana State left.

In: EWU
Maybe: Everyone else
Edit: Updated stats after Idaho State loss

Panther-State
November 15th, 2014, 05:19 PM
2 At-larges max.

JSUBison
November 15th, 2014, 05:24 PM
ISU-O will be out if they lose to MSU. Winner of MSU/Montana gets in. EWU is in, as well as Poly if they win the next two.

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Just saw Idaho State is now trailing to Montana State. If they lose they might be on the bubble too. Montana State is then in, with EWU taking AQ.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 05:33 PM
2 At-larges max.

This, unless ISU comes back and wins.

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Can we at least wait until the games are over today?????

tribe_pride
November 15th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Eastern Washington (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/331/eastern-washington-eagles)
6-1
9-2

Idaho State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/304/idaho-state-bengals)
5-1
7-3

Montana State (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/147/montana-state-bobcats)
5-1
7-3

Northern Arizona (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2464/northern-arizona-lumberjacks)
5-2
7-4

Cal Poly (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/13/cal-poly-mustangs)
5-2
6-4

Montana (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/149/montana-grizzlies)
5-2
7-4

EWU with Portland State left should be in.
Idaho State is probably the AQ.
Montana State has Montana left.
NAU still has a slight chance with SUU left.
Cal Poly is probably in with the last 2 games at UC Davis and San Diego.
Montana has Montana State left.

The loser of UM-MSU is probably out. What does everyone else think?
In: EWU, Idaho State
Maybe: Everyone else

Note that Idaho State has 2 D-II wins and everyone else but Cal Poly has 1 D-II win so that is taken into account when determining how many D-I wins each team has.

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Note that Idaho State has 2 D-II wins and everyone else but Cal Poly has 1 D-II win so that is taken into account when determining how many D-I wins each team has.
Oops missed that completely.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 05:40 PM

So are wins against the MEAC, NEC, and Patriot now. Thank god.

veinup
November 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM
six

BucBisonAtLarge
November 15th, 2014, 05:55 PM
One
UM/MSU winner

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Can we at least wait until the games are over today?????

Why do people always say this sort of thing? If you wait it takes away all the fun of the "what if" so why would people wait. If you felt like waiting then you could have done so easily btw.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Too many.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 06:05 PM
One
UM/MSU winner

Lame troll attempt.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Too many.

Being from the best conference in FCS, why would you be so insecure? Just asking.

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Zero. The Missouri Valley gets six at-large bids into the playoffs. Jacksonville State has the greatest month and wins the national title over Eastern Washington after the Bison get picked off by one of their own in the early rounds. MVFC fans go ape**** screaming at NCAA officials everywhere that it was a crime that the national championship wasn't just handed to their entire conference.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Being from the best conference in FCS, why would you be so insecure? Just asking.
Not insecure at all. Why do you ask?

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Too many.
Stay classy...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Stay classy...

xlolx

Boy you're a baby.

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 06:13 PM
xlolx

Boy you're a baby.
Hahaha.

Classic

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Zero. The Missouri Valley gets six at-large bids into the playoffs. Jacksonville State has the greatest month and wins the national title over Eastern Washington after the Bison get picked off by one of their own in the early rounds. MVFC fans go ape**** screaming at NCAA officials everywhere that it was a crime that the national championship wasn't just handed to their entire conference.

Go back to your corner and play with your legos.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Not insecure at all. Why do you ask?

Because if I was a Bison fan I'd chose to rise above the fray and not look like a dumbass.

That's all.

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Because if I was a Bison fan I'd chose to rise above the fray and not look like a dumbass.

That's all.
That's pretty tough for a large portion of that fan base

BucBisonAtLarge
November 15th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Lame troll attempt.

Nah, I just answered the question, maybe too briefly. Sorry. After listening to the UNI AD, harping on the 8 D1 win threshold, I just think it is tough for BSC teams with only 6-7 D1 wins to buck that committee positioning. I would be fine being wrong, but I think ISU and NAU sidelined themselves today. If the Grizzlies win against MSU, there could/should be 3, but a loss would definitely eliminate them.

smilo
November 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I really think just the winner of the Montana battle. Maybe MSU if they lose.

Nau is trash. Cal poly loses the isu and Nau games. 6 d1 wins won't do it for isu. Montana isn't really a top 25 team according to most.

I hope NAU isn't rewarded if they get to 8 with SUU. WOld be extremely undeserving.

Don't think this is a troll answer. BSC is mediocre.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM

That's all.

Well you failed. IMO the BSC got too many in last year and they probably will again this year. It's an opinion just like yours.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty tough for a large portion of that fan base

xbawlingx

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I personally think Montana State is in, regardless of how they play against the Griz. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they don't get in.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Well you failed. IMO the BSC got too many in last year and they probably will again this year. It's an opinion just like yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Y

xbawlingx

You of course realize you answered too many...right?

No, you probably didn't.

Never mind.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Three if Montana beats Montana State
Two if Montana State wins.

Cal Poly is in if they win out. The bubble was depleted today.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 07:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xbawlingx

I personally think Montana State is in, regardless of how they play against the Griz. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they don't get in.

Best wins: ISU and UCA. Bubble at best.

robsnotes4u
November 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Nah, I just answered the question, maybe too briefly. Sorry. After listening to the UNI AD, harping on the 8 D1 win threshold, I just think it is tough for BSC teams with only 6-7 D1 wins to buck that committee positioning. I would be fine being wrong, but I think ISU and NAU sidelined themselves today. If the Grizzlies win against MSU, there could/should be 3, but a loss would definitely eliminate them.

First of all what about Cal Poly, who will have 8 D1 wins with a win next week. If Montana beats MSU (not likely with JJ on crutches again) they both will have 7 D1 wins. So if you don't think 7 gets a BSC school in, how do one of those to get in with a UM win?

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 07:16 PM
You of course realize you answered too many...right?

No, you probably didn't.

Never mind.

I simply answered the thread title. Get it?

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Best wins: ISU and UCA. Bubble at best.

You put way too much stock in best wins. Ya really gotta consider attendance numbers, stadium size, and name as well. Always remember no matter how rational you think you're thinking, it doesn't mean the committee is going to be rational. Cal Poly should get in because they need someone to bus to San Diego or for USD to travel on a bus to.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Idaho State is definitely out now. Montana probably needs win, and in. Montana State might be in already.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Some people need to look at the potential bubble....Right now I am debating whether to put Bethune-Cookman or SFA or Bryant into the field as the last one in...What a mess it is.

I think Montana State is in win or lose. Montana with a win and Cal Poly with two wins.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xbawlingx

You put way too much stock in best wins. Ya really gotta consider attendance numbers, stadium size, and name as well. Always remember no matter how rational you think you're thinking, it doesn't mean the committee is going to be rational. Cal Poly should get in because they need someone to bus to San Diego or for USD to travel on a bus to.

Yes, I forego the conspiracy theories and look at it from a best resume point of view. You may be right.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

xbawlingx

I simply answered the thread title. Get it?

Yes...I can see that simplicity is your best offense. Keep it up, junior.

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I really think just the winner of the Montana battle. Maybe MSU if they lose.

Nau is trash. Cal poly loses the isu and Nau games. 6 d1 wins won't do it for isu. Montana isn't really a top 25 team according to most.

I hope NAU isn't rewarded if they get to 8 with SUU. WOld be extremely undeserving.

Don't think this is a troll answer. BSC is mediocre.

Cal Poly will get in if they win out. They will have eight D1 wins, and two good wins over UM and MSU. I wouldn't call any of their losses "bad" losses, at least regarding the teams they played. It would have been nice to see a better performance against SDSU, but we already know that late season performance matters more than early season. They were still figuring things out when SDSU played them.

EWU is in.

UM is in if they win the Brawl. And depending on the bubble teams, MSU, with 7 D1 wins might still be chosen. Especially if Cal Poly slips up.

Maybe the BSC is mediocre. But the top five teams in the conference would be competitive in the playoffs. A conference is not every team. And just because the bottom two thirds are "mediocre" doesn't mean the top five teams shouldn't be judged on their own merits, as every other team should, and the top at larges chosen regardless of conference affiliation.

It is hard for me to imagine a scenario where the BSC doesn't get three.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Big Sky
EWU (Auto if we beat PSU)
Cal Poly (Should win out)
UM/MSU winner

Probably 3 total. That's how I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smilo
November 15th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Cal Poly will get in if they win out. They will have eight D1 wins, and two good wins over UM and MSU. I wouldn't call any of their losses "bad" losses, at least regarding the teams they played. It would have been nice to see a better performance against SDSU, but we already know that late season performance matters more than early season. They were still figuring things out when SDSU played them.

EWU is in.

UM is in if they win the Brawl. And depending on the bubble teams, MSU, with 7 D1 wins might still be chosen. Especially if Cal Poly slips up.

Maybe the BSC is mediocre. But the top five teams in the conference would be competitive in the playoffs. A conference is not every team. And just because the bottom two thirds are "mediocre" doesn't mean the top five teams shouldn't be judged on their own merits, as every other team should, and the top at larges chosen regardless of conference affiliation.

It is hard for me to imagine a scenario where the BSC doesn't get three.

Youre probably right on CP. I have in my head that they will lose 1 but that's quite unlikely in reality.

bobcathpdevil56
November 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Just because I am nervous this week, BSC gets 4 no matter what happens.

Please let this be true

El Griz
November 15th, 2014, 08:43 PM

Wow! Horrible statement. Three for sure. Might be four.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Wow! Horrible statement. Three for sure. Might be four.

Four at larges? Put the crack pipe down.

Three if Montana wins and two at larges if they lose.

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Big Sky
EWU (Auto if we beat PSU)
Cal Poly (Should win out)
UM/MSU winner

Probably 3 total. That's how I see it.

My thoughts as well.

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 08:48 PM
As of today only Montana and Montana St. Could easily change next week though.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 08:53 PM
As of today only Montana and Montana St. Could easily change next week though.

I think CP would be in at 8-4.

LuckyKat
November 15th, 2014, 08:54 PM
As many as possible, I'd love to meet a big Sky team in the playoffs....

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I think CP would be in at 8-4.

Possilby but I think they will still lose today.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Possilby but I think they will still lose today.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed they were losing.

Red & Black
November 15th, 2014, 09:01 PM
As many as possible, I'd love to meet a big Sky team in the playoffs....

You mean like one that beat your team by 3 TD's this year?

LuckyKat
November 15th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Absolutely son...
Anytime any place.
Week 1 with a new HC, New QB, and new offense. We've come along a bit.
Ask your self. You want any of the Kats right now?

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Cal poly ****ting themselves right now. The game isn't over but if they lose then out.

bobcathpdevil56
November 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Sorry, meant four in the playoffs, not four at large.

My bad, on to the next play

BisonFan02
November 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Absolutely son...
Anytime any place.
Week 1 with a new HC, New QB, and new offense. We've come along a bit.
Ask your self. You want any of the Kats right now?

Yup. Bring on those mythical Kats. :D

robsnotes4u
November 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM

EWU in
Montana State in if they beat UM
Cal Poly in if wins two (not looking good)

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 09:26 PM
If CP loses....Montana State moves into lock status.

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I see 3 at most and 2 is likely.

Which means 3 is the minimum and 4 is likely

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Youre probably right on CP. I have in my head that they will lose 1 but that's quite unlikely in reality.

Maybe not! Wow, they are getting trucked. They better make some solid half time adjustments.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not! Wow, they are getting trucked. They better make some solid half time adjustments.

robsnotes4u
November 15th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I see 3 at most and 2 is likely.

Which means 3 is the minimum and 4 is likely

That is what i think.

Just think the Patriot and MEAC could have the same amount of teams in the playoffs. Wow times have changed

Red & Black
November 16th, 2014, 09:14 AM
At this point it looks like 2 at-larges for the BSC. I think MSU is probably in at this point, and if UM wins next weekend they are probably in as well although neither is exactly a lock in that scenario.

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Yup. Bring on those mythical Kats. :D

and their southern speed. ;)

kalm
November 16th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Now that I've had a chance to let it all marinate. EWU, MSU, UM, and NAU right on the bubble with a win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
The winner of the Brawl is definitely in. I think MSU, if they lose, has a realistic shot too given politics and a fairly weak bubble. NAU should not get in and part of it is not their fault. Not having to play the Montana schools turned out to be a huge negative. The 'Jacks OOC was rather poor and the one point win over an Adams less EWU simply doesn't stand up in the grand scheme of things.....

Walkon79
November 16th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Looks like we're down to a 3 bid league including the auto, and that may be only if the Griz win the brawl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD