PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at Lafayette, Yankee Stadium - 150th Meeting, Pre-Game Thread

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Ok, let's get this sorry train rolling:

Lehigh 3-7, 2-3. Won their last game vs. Colgate 30-27 despite blowing a 30-13 lead.

Lafayette 4-6, 2-3. Won their last game vs. Colgate 19-16 on a last-second field goal despite being down 16-0.

This is the "worst" meeting with regard to record since 1997, when both teams had 3 wins each. And, it ties for the second worst meeting between the two in 47 years. So, 150 games and we get to celebrate with two very mediocre programs. Nonetheless, 48,000+ in ticket sales is pretty impressive! Should be a great atmosphere at least...

Gordon Shumway
November 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Is this the PL version of Cornell vs. Columbia? 20041

van
November 15th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Pard 4 is too generous with the "very mediocre" comment

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Is this the PL version of Cornell vs. Columbia? 20041

Lafayette response:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaesverdad/files/2013/04/ha-ha-no.jpg

Lehigh response:

http://static.blol.me/photos/1313351766545.jpg

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM

Lehigh 3-7, 2-3. Won their last game vs. Colgate 30-27 despite blowing a 30-13 lead.

Lafayette 4-6, 2-3. Won their last game vs. Colgate 19-16 on a last-second field goal despite being down 16-0.

This is the "worst" meeting with regard to record since 1997, when both teams had 3 wins each. And, it ties for the second worst meeting between the two in 47 years. So, 150 games and we get to celebrate with two very mediocre programs. Nonetheless, 48,000+ in ticket sales is pretty impressive! Should be a great atmosphere at least...

Yes, both teams were a sorry lot back in the mid-60's. I was wondering when the last time both teams entered with losing records. I know we were only 4-7 in '97 and won that year's Game with the freshman Stambaugh showing the way to a great streak the following years. I have not a clue as to how #150 will turnout. It can very well be highly "entertaining" as one cannot anticipate what crazy-assed screwed up play will occur next. Who knows, with all the hoopla, maybe the kids will finally focus on the game in front of them and give a good show. But if the season is any indication, the "winner" will likely be the last recipient of the other's gift.

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Lafayette response:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaesverdad/files/2013/04/ha-ha-no.jpg

Lehigh response:

http://static.blol.me/photos/1313351766545.jpg

At least use a picture of a hawk. Seeing the Temple "Ow", hurts....(;-)

Engineer86
November 15th, 2014, 05:22 PM

I sure hope this is a replay of 1997 and next year just like 1998

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Lafayette is not going to undergo another study. Both teams have a chance to be good next year.

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM

The 97 game was very exciting, we came back from 21-0 down. 98 was over before it started. Lafayette didn't want to be on the field that day, it was very obvious.

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Lafayette is not going to undergo another study. Both teams have a chance to be good next year.

+1

Yes. This game could well be window into 2015 with a lot of future stars showing their potential, but leave it to a 'grizzled' senior being a hero.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
The 97 game was very exciting, we came back from 21-0 down. 98 was over before it started. Lafayette didn't want to be on the field that day, it was very obvious.

Like 2011? Funny I can't ever recall Lehigh not showing up.

Doc QB
November 15th, 2014, 07:57 PM
How r u LU fans traveling? Tailgating? Mike Yadush, myself, and a few families charterd a bus.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM
How r u LU fans traveling? Tailgating? Mike Yadush, myself, and a few families charterd a bus.

Go to the corner of Cattell and High Street in Easton at noon on Saturday. I'll pick you up myself. xdrunkyx

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM

I'm taking a Trans-Bridge bus to NY Port Authority late Friday a.m. Check into hotel and may go 'downtown' to see the 'closing bell' at NYSE, and possibly a client (get to write off the trip (;-)). Then to meet up with some LU buds for dinner before taking in the Lehigh v. Columbia wrestling match at the NYAC (they are waiving the 'jacket policy'), then on to the "Brown & White Party" with Earth, Wind & Fire at Dimension 5. Glad the kickoff will be late on Saturday...will need to sleep in. Tailgating at the MVP Club at Yankee Stadium starting at 12:30 p.m. After game, former LU footballers are having our usual gathering post L-L game for dinner. Bus back Sunday a.m. Really looking forward to this weekend.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM
First festivity of the week.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/groller-blog/mc-lehigh-lafayette-event-20141112-story.html

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I'm taking a Trans-Bridge bus to NY Port Authority late Friday a.m. Check into hotel and may go 'downtown' to see the 'closing bell' at NYSE, and possibly a client (get to write off the trip (;-)). Then to meet up with some LU buds for dinner before taking in the Lehigh v. Columbia wrestling match at the NYAC (they are waiving the 'jacket policy'), then on to the "Brown & White Party" with Earth, Wind & Fire at Dimension 5. Glad the kickoff will be late on Saturday...will need to sleep in. Tailgating at the MVP Club at Yankee Stadium starting at 12:30 p.m. After game, former LU footballers are having our usual gathering post L-L game for dinner. Bus back Sunday a.m. Really looking forward to this weekend.

I give credit to Lehigh for being inclusive. We have an "invite only" event at the Modern History Museum and no major event to speak of... I am going to the museum event, but still, it has more to do with fundraising than a party, I think.

Doc QB
November 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM

That sounds excellent. Our bus leaves 9 or so Sat morn. Have my dad (LU '70) and two sons (8 and 6) with me on board. Somewhat limits the Friday attendence, as a bunch of my ATO brothers rented a bar out that nite. Hate to miss it, but really wanted to get to game w my old man and sons. My liver will thank me later.

carney2
November 15th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I'm taking a bus supplied by the Lafayette Alumni of the Lehigh Valley. The bus is supposed to arrive at the stadium at 1:00. And then what? Need to kill 2 1/2 hours and find some food. Any suggestions?

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I'm taking a bus supplied by the Lafayette Alumni of the Lehigh Valley. The bus is supposed to arrive at the stadium at 1:00. And then what? Need to kill 2 1/2 hours and find some food. Any suggestions?

There are ticketed tailgate events in and around the stadium.

I'm not sure how I'm getting there. I can take a train and subway. Or I was thinking of driving into Manhattan and parking in Midtown. At certain garages, if you arrive before 10am on a weekend, you pay $12 to park for the day. Or you can drive to the North Bergen Park n' Ride and bus into Port Authority. Parking and bus ticket is a combined $8.50 or a bit more.

There are busses directly from Midtown to the Stadium especially for this event, but where's the fun? Gotta take the subway.

ngineer
November 15th, 2014, 11:21 PM
There are ticketed tailgate events in and around the stadium.

I'm not sure how I'm getting there. I can take a train and subway. Or I was thinking of driving into Manhattan and parking in Midtown. At certain garages, if you arrive before 10am on a weekend, you pay $12 to park for the day. Or you can drive to the North Bergen Park n' Ride and bus into Port Authority. Parking and bus ticket is a combined $8.50 or a bit more.

There are busses directly from Midtown to the Stadium especially for this event, but where's the fun? Gotta take the subway.

Don't know your ages, but Trans-Bridge is only $22 roundtrip for 62 and older....God, I'm glad for my grey hair.

HoyaMetanoia
November 15th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Oh my god no one cares

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Ready for departure!

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 11:05 AM
And ESPN College GameDay snubs the 150th for #131 of Harvard-Yale. I'm blaming Lafayette for this.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:22 AM
And ESPN College GameDay snubs the 150th for #131 of Harvard-Yale. I'm blaming Lafayette for this.

Yup, I'm blaming Lafayette for this too.... retards. Nobody wants to broadcast from a the soulless, overhyped, concrete mecca of Yankee Stadium. It's not a college campus, which is the entire focus of Gameday. Any visibility of College Game Day is worth many times more than going to Yankee Stadium. The whole Yankee Stadium experience is an exercise is narcissism.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Yup, I'm blaming Lafayette for this too.... retards. Nobody wants to broadcast from a the soulless, overhyped, concrete mecca of Yankee Stadium. It's not a college campus, which is the entire focus of Gameday. Any visibility of College Game Day is worth many times more than going to Yankee Stadium. The whole Yankee Stadium experience is an exercise is narcissism.

Completely agree. 150 in Easton would have been an excellent opportunity for LC to get national exposure. Sure, the game at Yankee Stadium will probably make a brief appearance on ESPN, but is nothing compared to hosting GameDay at this critical point in the season. Lafayette's decision to move the game will give many alumni and fans an incredible experience, but it comes with the cost of losing a chance to feature the college in a much larger way.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Completely agree. 150 in Easton would have been an excellent opportunity for LC to get national exposure. Sure, the game at Yankee Stadium will probably make a brief appearance on ESPN, but is nothing compared to hosting GameDay at this critical point in the season. Lafayette's decision to move the game will give many alumni and fans an incredible experience, but it comes with the cost of losing a chance to feature the college in a much larger way.

Exactly. We have been crying about this for two years. You don't have to care because you beat Duke and it's not your home game.

And I thought this was supposed to be Hate Week... too much mutual agreement all around here...

van
November 16th, 2014, 01:03 PM

I am hoping for replay of 2009, which was the start of 4 good years!

heath
November 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Lafayette brought out those awful grey uniforms at Goodman 3 years ago...........Lehigh with a new helmet??????? All white at Yankee Stadium? SWEEEEETxthumbsupx

van
November 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Oh my god no one cares

hoyas need to watch quietly so shut up

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2014, 01:28 PM
If anyone thought that Gameday would've come to Lehigh-Lafayette, even if it were two undefeated teams playing at AT&T Stadium, they were out of their mind.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM
If anyone thought that Gameday would've come to Lehigh-Lafayette, even if it were two undefeated teams playing at AT&T Stadium, they were out of their mind.

The producer of College Gameday acknowledged on a radio program that Lehigh-Lafayette and Harvard-Yale were the two finalists for this weekend. Sure it was unlikely, given the location of the game and both teams' records, but not out of the question. Had the game been in Easton, I think it certainly would have been chosen. After all, they went to Williams College several years ago. Williams! The Purple Cows!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Lafayette brought out those awful grey uniforms at Goodman 3 years ago...........Lehigh with a new helmet??????? All white at Yankee Stadium? SWEEEEETxthumbsupx

Lehigh has a new helmet? Link? Hope it's not that crappy "LU"

Those grey uniforms were awful... knew we lost right then and there... a reminder of those crappy 70s teams... and how crappy our 2011 season was

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Oh my god no one cares

xawesomex .... Grey skies are gonna clear-up! Put on a happy face!...

Oh wait, you are Georgetown football... where hope goes to die...

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2014, 02:21 PM
The producer of College Gameday acknowledged on a radio program that Lehigh-Lafayette and Harvard-Yale were the two finalists for this weekend. Sure it was unlikely, given the location of the game and both teams' records, but not out of the question. Had the game been in Easton, I think it certainly would have been chosen. After all, they went to Williams College several years ago. Williams! The Purple Cows!

Lehigh-Lafayette is not a national brand. It didn't matter if it were in Easton if the competition was Harvard-Yale.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Lehigh-Lafayette is not a national brand. It didn't matter if it were in Easton if the competition was Harvard-Yale.

Amherst-Williams is not a national brand. It is a historic rivalry.

Georgetown is a national brand, but 99 out of 100 people do not even know they have a football team.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 02:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2lD3zZCIAAtH5E.jpg

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Amherst-Williams is not a national brand. It is a historic rivalry.

Georgetown is a national brand, but 99 out of 100 people do not even know they have a football team.

Both Amherst and Williams are much more of a national brand than either Lehigh or Lafayette, and they weren't picking between Lehigh/Lafayette and Williams/Amherst, so that point is moot anyway.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Both Amherst and Williams are much more of a national brand than either Lehigh or Lafayette, and they weren't picking between Lehigh/Lafayette and Williams/Amherst, so that point is moot anyway.

It is not moot at all... we are discussing brand power. They broadcasted Amherst-Williams a few years ago. No way that those two schools have more awareness in the general populace or sports populace than Laf/Lehigh... it's about even in that regard...

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:31 PM

Um.. wow... those... SUCK! Seriously? xlolx Are you trying to get your name on TV or something? So bland, so unimaginative.

That has me thinking... since the name is on the helmet, is Lehigh going to go old-school uniforms? i.e. no name..

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2014, 02:35 PM
It is not moot at all... we are discussing brand power. They broadcasted Amherst-Williams a few years ago. No way that those two schools have more awareness in the general populace or sports populace than Laf/Lehigh... it's about even in that regard...

Um...no it's not. Those are the top two liberal arts schools in the country. They're more well known than either Lehigh or Lafayette.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 02:35 PM

You sound pretty bitter in all of your posts. I suppose I can't blame you if you have to deal with watching a team that is perennially worse than the sorry product LU and LC had on the field this season. Sorry Georgetown's only memorable athletic feats over the past 30 years are getting Lehigh'ed by Villanowhere and Florida Gulf Coast. At least that stadium is coming along nicely...

Now, if you may excuse us Lehigh and Lafayette folks, we have some hateful words to exchange. Most of them involve the color brown, pussycats, gender studies, and supply chain management.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Um...no it's not. Those are the top two liberal arts schools in the country. They're more well known than either Lehigh or Lafayette.

No, they are not. Go to rural Iowa and nobody will know who you are talking about.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Um.. wow... those... SUCK! Seriously? xlolx Are you trying to get your name on TV or something? So bland, so unimaginative.

That has me thinking... since the name is on the helmet, is Lehigh going to go old-school uniforms? i.e. no name..

I'm not a fan of them either. They haven't unveiled the uniforms yet, so we'll have to see. Can't be any worse than those gray atrocities Lafayette wore in '11.

HoyaMetanoia
November 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
No, they are not. Go to rural Iowa and nobody will know who you are talking about.

Why would anyone in rural Iowa have heard of Lehigh or Lafayette?

Big_Fan
November 16th, 2014, 02:52 PM

Apparently Gameday was there in 2007, but I (and most everyone south of the Mason/Dixon line) have never heard of either of them.

We have our own (very good) liberal arts colleges. Two schools in New England are irrelevant to us.

Many people have heard of Lehigh vs Lafayette. "The Rivalry" isn't something we follow, but a lot of people are aware of it.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Well, since we are speaking about rural Iowa, they are huge wrestling fans. Lehigh has one of the top wrestling programs in the country. Lehigh beat Duke. Much lower profile events include Lehigh flying out to Drake and Northern Iowa in the past 5 years and winning football games. For the average, rural Iowan, they are much more likely to have heard about Lehigh than some tiny liberal arts college in New England.

heath
November 16th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Bland? Have been paying attention to the old helmet? How dare the leader of the "50 Shades of Gray" uniform make judgement on a sweet looking white dome. Hopefully our drastic change brings a win rather than the outcome of the 2011 game you got.xrotatehx

heath
November 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Because they are a grad of either school and own/head of a business there

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Bus in Thursday afternoon for business dinner, short meeting Friday to justify Thursday hotel and rest of Lehigh families coming in Friday with very minimal classes Friday. Bus back Sunday, not really sure of overall plans. Didn't want to pay for EWF with a lot of family in.

LUHawker
November 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM

All white units?? NO!!!!!! We rolled those crap all-whites out a few years back to break Lafayette's five year run, but it still looked terrible. Last I checked we were the BROWN and White. I hope they use the brown pants.

I can live with the new helmet but not with the all-whites.

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM

With such a large crowd, the bars around the stadium will likely be mobbed. I will be watching for the suggestions myself

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 03:24 PM

But given the number of tickets sold, many people would not be able to attend.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
New helmets, now a hype video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOi1IoJcmC0

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Bland? Have been paying attention to the old helmet? How dare the leader of the "50 Shades of Gray" uniform make judgement on a sweet looking white dome. Hopefully our drastic change brings a win rather than the outcome of the 2011 game you got.xrotatehx

Ah right... I do remember you had a "LEHIGH" helmet back in the day... when you sucked... that's why you are probably wearing it at 150... the past is the present.. hey, it's why we wore the grays!

And if chick's dig the 50 shades of Grey... hey, I'm for it...

- - - Updated - - -

All white units?? NO!!!!!! We rolled those crap all-whites out a few years back to break Lafayette's five year run, but it still looked terrible. Last I checked we were the BROWN and White. I hope they use the brown pants.

I can live with the new helmet but not with the all-whites.

Lafayette will roll out all-black... because black is our main color and we can't think of anything else.

van
November 16th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Can Boogie come out and play?

van
November 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM
So I walk into a liquor store the other day wearing my Lehigh sweatshirt and the kid behind the counter wearing a UK sweat says "Lehigh, you guys took down Duke, way to go", we are famous here in KY

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Will JoltinJoe be the PA announcer? Bob Sheppard is unavailable.xcoolx

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Can Bogie come out and play?

FIFY

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Will JoltinJoe be the PA announcer? Bob Sheppard is unavailable.xcoolx

We are using our legendary announcer, Jim Finnen. He will be announcing his last Lafayette football game... the "golden voice."

Though I don't see why Lehigh can't use theirs given the locale... he sounds as clear as a NYC subway conductor

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 06:04 PM
With such a large crowd, the bars around the stadium will likely be mobbed. I will be watching for the suggestions myself

The Bronx doesn't have bars. Only Manhattan has bars.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 06:06 PM
So I walk into a liquor store the other day wearing my Lehigh sweatshirt and the kid behind the counter wearing a UK sweat says "Lehigh, you guys took down Duke, way to go", we are famous here in KY

Shocking... someone working in a liquor store knows of Lehigh... xcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the Bronx has bars... how do you think the residents sleep at night?

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM

ESPN GameDay is doing Harvard/Yale because the two teams are a combined 17-1 while the two ABE area schools are a combined 7-13.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM
ESPN GameDay is doing Harvard/Yale because the two teams are a combined 17-1 while the two ABE area schools are a combined 10-13.

Touchdown! Is it in Cambridge or at the 100 year young stadium.

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Touchdown! Is it in Cambridge or at the 100 year young stadium.

It looks like it is in Baastin.

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I still need to buy a ticket, but I'm guessing some people will be selling extras outside Yankee Stadium. I'm also still looking at StubHub, though I'd really like to get a "real" ticket for L-L 150.

As for how I'll be getting there, I'll be riding Greyhound from Silver Spring (walking distance from the apartment) to the PABT on Saturday morning; I'll be using Amtrak from NY Penn Station to DC Union Station for the return trip Saturday night.

I think using Trans-Bridge Lines or Bieber Tourways from the Lehigh Valley to the PABT in midtown Manhattan and then a couple of subways (probably the A and D trains or the 42nd Street Shuttle and 4 trains) is your best bet. You could also do the park-and-ride thing from a NJ Transit station that has Midtown Direct service (or could even go to Hoboken via NJT, use the PATH to 33rd Street and 6th Avenue in midtown, and transfer to the D train there).

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM

What? I'm sure there are jails in the Bronx...

Oh wait, drinking bars, not people behind bars. :D

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I still need to buy a ticket, but I'm guessing some people will be selling extras outside Yankee Stadium. I'm also still looking at StubHub, though I'd really like to get a "real" ticket for L-L 150.

As for how I'll be getting there, I'll be riding Greyhound from Silver Spring (walking distance from the apartment) to the PABT on Saturday morning; I'll be using Amtrak from NY Penn Station to DC Union Station for the return trip Saturday night.

I think using Trans-Bridge Lines or Bieber Tourways from the Lehigh Valley to the PABT in midtown Manhattan and then a couple of subways (probably the A and D trains or the 42nd Street Shuttle and 4 trains) is your best bet. You could also do the park-and-ride thing from a NJ Transit station that has Midtown Direct service (or could even go to Hoboken via NJT, use the PATH to 33rd Street and 6th Avenue in midtown, and transfer to the D train there).

Those are real tickets on stubhub... as in the actual physical tickets.

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Pard4Life - thanks for the note. That is very good to know. (Of course, I wish I had known that 2-3 days ago.)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Those are real tickets on stubhub... as in the actual physical tickets.

I'm not a fan of the printout! I ended up with one for the Temple-PSU game yesterday. I save all my stubs and these printouts are annoying. They definitely lack the "cool" factor.....

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Pard4Life - thanks for the note. That is very good to know. (Of course, I wish I had known that 2-3 days ago.)

Yes, the UPS logo next to the tickets indicates actual physical tickets that need to be mailed to you. Make sure though when you select tickets that this is in fact true.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I'm not a fan of the printout! I ended up with one for the Temple-PSU game yesterday. I save all my stubs and these printouts are annoying. They definitely lack the "cool" factor.....

Yes, I was so excited to be going to my first Stanley Cup Finals game a few years ago and was looking forward to the ticket keepsake... it was a stupid printout...

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.campusbasement.com/uploads/1327977151.jpeg

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 07:20 PM

I'm the same way. I spent an extra $14 for the Penn/Delaware State basketball game on Saturday because the Penn ticket office wanted me to turn in my Penn/Harvard football ticket to gain admission for the basketball game. (Fans who attended the football game could get free admission to the basketball game with their ticket stub.) You'd think just showing the football ticket stub and maybe marking the back of it would be good enough, but nope.

I probably will go the StubHub route for the 76ers/Knicks game at MSG I plan to attend after L-L 150 because Knicks tickets through the team are ridiculously expensive and I expect StubHub tickets to be much cheaper for a matchup between a bad Knicks team and an even worse 76ers team.

van
November 16th, 2014, 07:31 PM
FIFY

I meant Boogie, it's that time of year you see

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:40 PM

Chip - I PMed you on this

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Pards Rule - response sent.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 16th, 2014, 10:57 PM
So, what is the expected attendance at Yankee Stadium? For Lehigh crew, how has Freshman WR Troy Pelletier played this year? Thanks for response!

CHIP72
November 16th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Approximately 48,000 seats have been sold for the game.

Southsider
November 17th, 2014, 06:35 AM
We are using our legendary announcer, Jim Finnen. He will be announcing his last Lafayette football game... the "golden voice."

Though I don't see why Lehigh can't use theirs given the locale... he sounds as clear as a NYC subway conductor

God, I truly hope this was his last year.....just awful!

LehighU11
November 17th, 2014, 07:16 AM
So, what is the expected attendance at Yankee Stadium? For Lehigh crew, how has Freshman WR Troy Pelletier played this year? Thanks for response!

Pelletier has been the biggest bright spot in a disappointing season. Troy is the team's leading receiver in yardage (790) and TDs (7), and also has a rushing TD. Great signing for LU!

PAllen
November 17th, 2014, 08:01 AM

Glad they stopped by the bookstore to pick up a couple of window stickers to throw on the new helmets once they realized that they ran out of paint.

God those are awful.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Any way to determine which school will have the most fans in the stadium? I realize Lafayette is listed as home team, but who might actually have 'home field advantage?' Or, perhaps things will be a little 'fuzzy' due to consumption.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Any way to determine which school will have the most fans in the stadium? I realize Lafayette is listed as home team, but who might actually have 'home field advantage?' Or, perhaps things will be a little 'fuzzy' due to consumption.

Oh come on... you knew the answer this year. Our genius AD made this a Lehigh home game instead of Laf one. So Lehigh has three straight home games. 15,000 will be Lafayette and 30,000 will be Lehigh.

carney2
November 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
So, what is the expected attendance at Yankee Stadium?

As stated elsewhere, 48,00-50,000 tickets have been sold. Many, if not most, of those are in the hands of people who have little interest in the football, but want to attend an "event." With the weather forecast focusing in on sub-arctic temperatures, many of the less dedicated olde fartes will stay in their caves with their coats on. The number of hardy souls actually in Yankee Stadium will probably be closer to 40,000 than 50,000.

carney2
November 17th, 2014, 09:18 AM

It's simple arithmetic. Lafayette has 2,400 students, 100 % undergraduates. Lehigh has 7100 students, 4,900 of whom are undergraduates. That disparity has been in effect for a long time, so who do you think has the greater alumni base?

carney2
November 17th, 2014, 09:26 AM

Not getting many (color that any) responses, 86, I have taken it upon myself to do some investigating. One of my primary goals was to not wander too far out into Fort Apache, The Bronx. I have so far found two. Both are on 161st Street almost within sight of the Stadium:

Yankee Tavern
Court Deli

Lots of high priced (and sold out) "tailgates" going on inside the Stadium, and this is not a Yankee crowd with a lot of local knowledge, so I'm hoping that both of these will be accessible.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM

To my knowledge a roughly equal number of tickets were sold by both teams. Lafayette's sections are on the 1st base/right field side of the stadium, while Lehigh's sections are on the 3rd base/left field side of the stadium.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Not getting many (color that any) responses, 86, I have taken it upon myself to do some investigating. One of my primary goals was to not wander too far out into Fort Apache, The Bronx. I have so far found two. Both are on 161st Street almost within sight of the Stadium:

Yankee Tavern
Court Deli

Lots of high priced (and sold out) "tailgates" going on inside the Stadium, and this is not a Yankee crowd with a lot of local knowledge, so I'm hoping that both of these will be accessible.

I'm not a bar kind of guy, but my recollection from attending Yankees games at both, recent Yankee Stadiums is that there are a few small places near the stadium. I think most of the stadium-oriented commercial venues nearby sell apparel rather than food/drink.

SingForever
November 17th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Pelletier has been the biggest bright spot in a disappointing season. Troy is the team's leading receiver in yardage (790) and TDs (7), and also has a rushing TD. Great signing for LU!
Pelletier brings back memories of Ryan Spadola,
now with the Atlanta Falcons, and IMO a future All-American. He even resembles Ryan and has his original number (85). I never thought I'd see another Spadola at Lehigh, but I think we nabbed one. Great news for the future of Lehigh football. REALLY GREAT NEWS.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I found this page wanting... but it seems like the Lehigh helmet for the game is a lose interpretation of the 83-84 helmet.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

jimbo65
November 17th, 2014, 12:26 PM

Yankee Tavern
Court Deli

Something happened during my first attempt to respond so if this was sent already, sorry. Don't know if the police presence will be the same for football as for Yankee games but my guess is that it will be. All in attendance should be safe, however, as you point out, don't stray too far, particularly after the game. There are a number of bars etc on River Avenue which hopefully will be open. Also, you can always ask one of the police for a recommendation. Enjoy the game. There is a rumor Fordham might have a game there next year. I certainly hope so.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 12:42 PM
There is a rumor Fordham might have a game there next year. I certainly hope so.

LSU? Georgia?

PAllen
November 17th, 2014, 01:02 PM
LSU? Georgia?

I heard it was going to be an all maroon bowl, so... Mississippi State? Or it could just be Lafayette turning this into an annual thing.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I heard it was going to be an all maroon bowl, so... Mississippi State? Or it could just be Lafayette turning this into an annual thing.

I hope not... I like going to Rose Hill. I don't like going to Yankee Stadium.

Southsider
November 17th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I found this page wanting... but it seems like the Lehigh helmet for the game is a lose interpretation of the 83-84 helmet.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

I like the new "old" helmet. Certainly better than the current dull dome!

jimbo65
November 17th, 2014, 02:19 PM
LSU? Georgia?

In order to even the scales we are to play an SEC all star team.

LehighU11
November 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
In order to even the scales we are to play an SEC all star team.

That won't help Fordham's SOS. The entire MVFC, including bottom feeder South Dakota, would stomp the SEC all-star team.

PAllen
November 17th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That won't help Fordham's SOS. The entire MVFC, including bottom feeder South Dakota, would stomp the SEC all-star team.

Yeah, if you wanted a real challenge, you would play the Citadel. But we all know that the boys in powder blue would destroy any of us yankee scum.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Fear the Mocs. It's all about the Mocs.

Bill
November 17th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah, if you wanted a real challenge, you would play the Citadel. But we all know that the boys in powder blue would destroy any of us yankee scum.

Citdog, white courtesy phone....Citdog, white courtesy phone please...

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Yankee Tavern
Court Deli

Thanks, I have heard the Yankee Tavern mentioned. On the 150 web site, it looks like Lafayette has a lot of sold out tail gates. Lehigh has one on the schedule at Legends Sports Bar on 33rd. That looks like it would fill up quick but not listed as sold out like the LC tailgates.

van
November 17th, 2014, 07:37 PM

Not that citdog isn't deserving, but aren't we supposed to be snarky to each other right now?

ColgateTD
November 17th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Good luck to both of 'ya. Don't anyone get mugged! Watch out for those Yankee dawgs.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Good luck to both of 'ya. Don't anyone get mugged! Watch out for those Yankee dawgs.

The only team getting "mugged" is Lafayette... for even playing this game and splitting the fare... xcoffeex

CHIP72
November 17th, 2014, 09:48 PM
The only team getting "mugged" is Lafayette... for even playing this game and splitting the fare... xcoffeex

Though I think Lafayette should be hosting L-L 151 before resuming the alternating home sites, at least Lafayette was able to sell more tickets to Leopards fans for the Yankee Stadium game than they would have had the game been played at Fisher Stadium.

ngineer
November 17th, 2014, 11:21 PM

While I agree the game should have been kept in the Valley, what is to say Game Day would have come? Once the decision was made to change the venue, I say make the most of it. This will be a great weekend. Actually starts in two days. 50 Gamer Luncheon on Thursday followed by Pep Rally that evening, travel to NYC Friday a.m. Make do.

ngineer
November 17th, 2014, 11:27 PM

For Real? Looks like another 'All White" motif this year as the antidote for "All Black" Laughyette? I still prefer the old block, interlocking LU with the stripes down the middle. But it may be the right time to leave the old gold helmets. Been with us for 30+ years.

ngineer
November 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM

Too bad Finnen is retiring. He definitely is one of the best sport stadium announcers I have ever heard. Yankee Stadium will be a very good venue for his swan song. Unfortunately, Lehigh is so wrapped up in tradition, we cannot let go of anything. Bill McCoach is a sweet old guy, but his diction is horrible. You think it's bad at Goodman? You should attend a Lehigh wrestling match and hear the garble reverberate off the metal ceiling. No one has a clue as to what he is saying. At least we know our guys.

ngineer
November 17th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Thanks, I have heard the Yankee Tavern mentioned. On the 150 web site, it looks like Lafayette has a lot of sold out tail gates. Lehigh has one on the schedule at Legends Sports Bar on 33rd. That looks like it would fill up quick but not listed as sold out like the LC tailgates.

A good number of the Lehigh tailgates are in designated areas/lounges/etc . within the Stadium. We're going to be in the MVP Lounge in center field.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 17th, 2014, 11:59 PM

Troll. This debate begins to argue why I shouldn't move back east. Trust me, from this distance, all these nuances are ridiculous. Have a great 150th. 48K watching Patriot League football is a thing to be admired, wherever Gameday lands.

Southsider
November 18th, 2014, 06:33 AM
For Real? Looks like another 'All White" motif this year as the antidote for "All Black" Laughyette? I still prefer the old block, interlocking LU with the stripes down the middle. But it may be the right time to leave the old gold helmets. Been with us for 30+ years.

I believe Whitehead switched to the 49er look in 1985? Didn't like it then, and still don't. Then we had Likens come in and railroad the "Engineer's" out of town. Hasn't been the same since.xbawlingx

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I believe Whitehead switched to the 49er look in 1985? Didn't like it then, and still don't. Then we had Likens come in and railroad the "Engineer's" out of town. Hasn't been the same since.xbawlingx

And unveiled the Hawk no less at a home Pard Lehigh game in 1994 - 20 years ago tomorrow, Nov. 18, 1994, actually - at halftime during a surprising upset pasting of the newly named Hawks by the Pards, 54-20! Game was one of the mildest, my notation has it sunny and 64 for a high that day, similar to Bill Russo's final game at Lafayette on Nov. 20, 1999 (15 yrs ago) cloudy/overcast and 65 degrees, a surprisingly close loss for the Pards, 14-12 behind frosh QB Harry Armstrong (whatever happened to him?). I recall driving onto the grounds of Goodman to park that year, listening to the homer Lehigh radio station, with those guys honestly predicting a something like 30 point Hawk win!! The Pards were going to lose according to pregame consensus that year, but not by that much!

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2014, 08:14 AM
If we are reminiscing about the weather, 2001 and 2003 were also very warm games at Lehigh. You sure about 99 Pard? I recall gray skies, but a chilly day.

Why does Lehigh have gold helmets? It makes no sense. You can't do much with Brown and White I guess. Brown U has gray helmets. Yes Lafayette wears black occasionally but it's not an identity market like the helmet.

Doc QB
November 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM
And I thought this was supposed to be Hate Week... too much mutual agreement all around here...

Me thinks our teams' season long underachieving has softened us all, somewhat. Armegeddon for sure.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 08:59 AM
If we are reminiscing about the weather, 2001 and 2003 were also very warm games at Lehigh. You sure about 99 Pard? I recall gray skies, but a chilly day.

Why does Lehigh have gold helmets? It makes no sense. You can't do much with Brown and White I guess. Brown U has gray helmets. Yes Lafayette wears black occasionally but it's not an identity market like the helmet.

Yes P4L, indeed. Im never wrong about my records. In fact I recall wearing just the lightest of windbreakers for that game, mainly to ward off some drizzle that fell, only at times.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 09:01 AM

I would imagine, since we are officially the home team, that the black jerseys will make an appearance at this 150th game.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I would imagine, since we are officially the home team, that the black jerseys will make an appearance at this 150th game.

I hope not. We did get new jerseys this year, and to my knowledge black was not part of the package. I think we will wear our normal attire, but perhaps have s pecial helmet sticker with 150 incorpoated in some way. Lehigh has been mum about the jersey's, but they almost have to wear new ones to match the helmets, as their current jerseys would look rather poor with the white lids.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I hope not. We did get new jerseys this year, and to my knowledge black was not part of the package. I think we will wear our normal attire, but perhaps have s pecial helmet sticker with 150 incorpoated in some way. Lehigh has been mum about the jersey's, but they almost have to wear new ones to match the helmets, as their current jerseys would look rather poor with the white lids.

Whats the option then? Gold??

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Me thinks our teams' season long underachieving has softened us all, somewhat. Armegeddon for sure.

Also because it's kind of a big celebration. Subliminal propaganda... everything I see is Laf-Lehigh. We are even sharing the Empire State Building.

Bill
November 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Greenxnodx

Seriously, I always secretly thought green was going to become a bigger part of the Lehigh uniform. It suddenly appeared - although in very small amounts - in the uniforms around the time Higgins took over and the god-awful Mountain Hawk showed up. Wishful thinking, perhaps....

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 10:04 AM

Just a guess, but I think they will go with Brown & White uni's "inspired" by the 77 team. They helmet supposedly comes from that time period, so I can see them trotting out a Brown & white uni as well. Joe Sterrett wore that uni in his playing days so he probably has some love for them.

I think you will see Lafayette in our normal maroon & white with a special schnazzy helmet sticker and/or jersey patch. Just speculation on my part.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Greenxnodx

Seriously, I always secretly thought green was going to become a bigger part of the Lehigh uniform. It suddenly appeared - although in very small amounts - in the uniforms around the time Higgins took over and the god-awful Mountain Hawk showed up. Wishful thinking, perhaps....

The old Mountain Hawk logo did incorporate a good amount of green. That logo was pretty bad to be honest.

Not to rub salt in the wounds but the old train logo was pretty darn cool.

Bill
November 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I suppose things could be worse...we could trot out our "alternate" jerseys - white with brown pinstripes, a la San Diego Padres :)

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 10:13 AM
http://www.logoserver.com/college/LafayetteLeopardsAryR.GIF

If we also decide to go old school in some way, I would like to see this logo or one of the variations of it. I believe this was used in the 70's and maybe early 80's. We used just the Leopard head through most of the 80's and 90's before going to the big "L" when Frank took over.

carney2
November 18th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Too bad Finnen is retiring. He definitely is one of the best sport stadium announcers I have ever heard. Yankee Stadium will be a very good venue for his swan song. Unfortunately, Lehigh is so wrapped up in tradition, we cannot let go of anything. Bill McCoach is a sweet old guy, but his diction is horrible. You think it's bad at Goodman? You should attend a Lehigh wrestling match and hear the garble reverberate off the metal ceiling. No one has a clue as to what he is saying. At least we know our guys.

Although no one can replace Jim Finnen, I have hopes for a decent succession. The job is being turned over to Dan Mowdy who used to be the field reporter for Lafayette telecasts before John Leone got "demoted." Dan also did some on site announcing at one or more of the Summer Olympics. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say, but if Dan is judged against what goes on at Badman Stadium he will have no problems.

carney2
November 18th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Oh, God, NO! Say it ain't so.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Although no one can replace Jim Finnen, I have hopes for a decent succession. The job is being turned over to Dan Mowdy who used to be the field reporter for Lafayette telecasts before John Leone got "demoted." Dan also did some on site announcing at one or more of the Summer Olympics. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say, but if Dan is judged against what goes on at Badman Stadium he will have no problems.

Dan does not have "golden pipes" like Jim, but he will do a fine job. Jim has been making mistakes more frequently in recent years (not that I mind) and I hate to see him go, but I can understand why Jim is steping down at this time.

PAllen
November 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
And unveiled the Hawk no less at a home Pard Lehigh game in 1994 - 20 years ago tomorrow, Nov. 18, 1994, actually - at halftime during a surprising upset pasting of the newly named Hawks by the Pards, 54-20! Game was one of the mildest, my notation has it sunny and 64 for a high that day, similar to Bill Russo's final game at Lafayette on Nov. 20, 1999 (15 yrs ago) cloudy/overcast and 65 degrees, a surprisingly close loss for the Pards, 14-12 behind frosh QB Harry Armstrong (whatever happened to him?). I recall driving onto the grounds of Goodman to park that year, listening to the homer Lehigh radio station, with those guys honestly predicting a something like 30 point Hawk win!! The Pards were going to lose according to pregame consensus that year, but not by that much!

I think you've got the year for the unveiling of that bird wrong. 1994 was my freshman year. I remember the student "voting", and both the location of the mailboxes (upper grace not the UC) where all of us engineering majors protested not getting ballots, and the Biology major girlfriend i had at the time point to it being soph or junior year, so 1995 or 1996.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
http://www.logoserver.com/college/LafayetteLeopardsAryR.GIF

If we also decide to go old school in some way, I would like to see this logo or one of the variations of it. I believe this was used in the 70's and maybe early 80's. We used just the Leopard head through most of the 80's and 90's before going to the big "L" when Frank took over.

A former football player that was in my class 1984 just posted a letter he got from Putnam in summer of 1980 and it had this on the top. Russo killed it with the scripted "Leopards" in 1981.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I think you've got the year for the unveiling of that bird wrong. 1994 was my freshman year. I remember the student "voting", and both the location of the mailboxes (upper grace not the UC) where all of us engineering majors protested not getting ballots, and the Biology major girlfriend i had at the time point to it being soph or junior year, so 1995 or 1996.

Im most certain it was that year as that was the year the Pard got into fisticuffs with some Lehigh fans sitting on the home side and was making, um, gestures with his hand on his tail with them too...I'm not sure that Pard was rehired the following year.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Im most certain it was that year as that was the year the Pard got into fisticuffs with some Lehigh fans sitting on the home side and was making, um, gestures with his hand on his tail with them too...I'm not sure that Pard was rehired the following year.

Was it the gremlin looking Pard? Our current Pard is one of the better looking mascots in DI, if you ask me...

PAllen
November 18th, 2014, 10:53 AM

All right! A disagreement! Let's get this hate week thing going!

Hey, a guy's got to try. It's hard to fight the Lafayette Sucks / Lehigh Sucks fight when both teams suck this year. Oh, and we've got rumors/leaks of ugly new helmets and uniform combinations on both sides.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 11:00 AM
All right! A disagreement! Let's get this hate week thing going!

Hey, a guy's got to try. It's hard to fight the Lafayette Sucks / Lehigh Sucks fight when both teams suck this year. Oh, and we've got rumors/leaks of ugly new helmets and uniform combinations on both sides.

I think I saved the paper from the following day which I believe referenced the appearance of the Hawk..

Fordhamanhattan
November 18th, 2014, 11:16 AM
If anybody is looking for a classic New York tavern, you could not go wrong dropping by my family's Old Town Bar & Restaurant at 45 East 18th Street (between Park and Broadway) on Manhattan Island since 1892 (visit oldtownbar.com). You may have to ignore the Fordham football posters on the wall but the food and drink is reasonably priced and high quality. And its a 20 minute ride on the 4 train to Yankee Stadium.

DatDude
November 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Does both teams get to dress all the players since its such a special event at a nuetral site???

LehighU11
November 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Does both teams get to dress all the players since its such a special event at a nuetral site???

Good question, although technically it's a Lafayette home game.

Gate83
November 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
If anybody is looking for a classic New York tavern, you could not go wrong dropping by my family's Old Town Bar & Restaurant at 45 East 18th Street (between Park and Broadway) on Manhattan Island since 1892 (visit oldtownbar.com). You may have to ignore the Fordham football posters on the wall but the food and drink is reasonably priced and high quality. And its a 20 minute ride on the 4 train to Yankee Stadium.

I can vouch for the Old Town, one of my favorite spots in Manhattan. If looking in the Yankee Stadium area, I prefer Stan's Sports Bar or the Dugout (look 'em up on Yelp, both dive bars, both right next to the stadium). They're likely to be busy, get there early!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM

A good question. Historically, Lehigh and Lafayette have allowed all players to dress when The Rivalry is played at the "away" school, and I believe that's the case with this game. It's even in the Patriot League rules, I believe.

Southsider
November 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Just a guess, but I think they will go with Brown & White uni's "inspired" by the 77 team. They helmet supposedly comes from that time period, so I can see them trotting out a Brown & white uni as well. Joe Sterrett wore that uni in his playing days so he probably has some love for them.

I think you will see Lafayette in our normal maroon & white with a special schnazzy helmet sticker and/or jersey patch. Just speculation on my part.

LU domes were white with LU on the sides, until 77 I think, when they went with the block LEHIGH on the sides. IIRC they changed to the San Fran look in Whitehead's last season, 1985. The new dome we see this week was used in 83 & 84. God, I feel like LU/TU Owl, citing such historyxbowxxbowxxbowx

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Backup QB Blake Searfoss will "most likely" be starting for Leopards on Saturday.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Backup QB Blake Searfoss will "most likely" be starting for Leopards on Saturday.

I sat and chatted the whole game with his very nice parents at Colgate. Met Blake after the game on the field.

heath
November 18th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Maybe been answered already...Since it is going to be a cluster #uck once adult fans get to NY and try to feel their way around, drink,eat,and meet up with people. I was wondering how in the hell do students that have tickets get up and back without issues? Are LU/LC running buses or what? I just know the shape most(undergrads) are in at Goodman or Fisher,and really see this as being a downfall. Any thoughts? If she is drunk and blonde, needs help,I'll step up and make that sacrificexnodx

bulldog10jw
November 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
"Inside College Football" on the CBS Sports Network, DIRECTV channel 221, is about to give some props to the LU-LC rivalry. Unless some other colleges from 120 years ago had "L" on their jerseys.

LehighU11
November 18th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Maybe been answered already...Since it is going to be a cluster #uck once adult fans get to NY and try to feel their way around, drink,eat,and meet up with people. I was wondering how in the hell do students that have tickets get up and back without issues? Are LU/LC running buses or what? I just know the shape most(undergrads) are in at Goodman or Fisher,and really see this as being a downfall. Any thoughts? If she is drunk and blonde, needs help,I'll step up and make that sacrificexnodx

Both schools are running buses, but I've heard that many students are heading into the city on Thursday or Friday night to partake in the pre-game events and parties. I recall seeing that LC is only sending 11 buses with students on Saturday.

ngineer
November 18th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I suppose things could be worse...we could trot out our "alternate" jerseys - white with brown pinstripes, a la San Diego Padres :)

Interesting thought. Maybe BOTH teams come out in pinstripe jersey?!

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Interesting thought. Maybe BOTH teams come out in pinstripe jersey?!

xthumbsdownx xflamemadx xanim_chaix x406x xpissedx :pumpuke: xshakingmadx xflaggedx

Yeah...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I'd like to ask, please, Lafayette, trot out those gray number helmets again.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 05:48 PM
And I'd ask for Lehigh to please not taunt. Given the view will be from 2 miles away, we will never know

Engineer86
November 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Both schools are running buses, but I've heard that many students are heading into the city on Thursday or Friday night to partake in the pre-game events and parties. I recall seeing that LC is only sending 11 buses with students on Saturday.

Only a few classes at Lehigh the next two days, unfortunately my youngest has calc on Friday. Students taking school buses have 45 minutes after the game ends to be back on their bus.

PAllen
November 20th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Only a few classes at Lehigh the next two days, unfortunately my youngest has calc on Friday. Students taking school buses have 45 minutes after the game ends to be back on their bus.

That's just dumb. I wonder how many will be stranded in NYC for the weekend.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Saw over on the LC board that Searfoss was injured in Tuesday's practice and that LC may be starting Sr. QB Zweizig. Very unfortunate news for the Pards, if true. ZZ hasn't played since September of last year, but did split time with Shoop in the 148th (I still think Frankosaurus cost the Pards that game with his QB shuffling, when Shoop started so hot).

If he gets the start, this is quite the way for ZZ to go out.

CHIP72
November 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
That's just dumb. I wonder how many will be stranded in NYC for the weekend.

I wonder how many will know how to get to the Port Authority Bus Terminal from Yankee Stadium without taking a $$$taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Saw over on the LC board that Searfoss was injured in Tuesday's practice and that LC may be starting Sr. QB Zweizig. Very unfortunate news for the Pards, if true. ZZ hasn't played since September of last year, but did split time with Shoop in the 148th (I still think Frankosaurus cost the Pards that game with his QB shuffling, when Shoop started so hot).

I suppose it could be true... but I fully expect a 100% Drew Reed to trot out there on Saturday.

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2014, 09:06 AM

No idea what happened to Blake Searfoss, and no idea if Reed can in fact play.

ZZ took over for Shoop about 2/3 of the way through 2012 after Shoop was suspended. ZZ's father passed away in the week leading up to the game in 2012. The Pard offense was smoking out of the gate in 2012, but Frank messed it up by switching around his QB's. The 2012 and 2009 games were very poor displays of coaching by Frank as the Pards snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on both games.

LehighU11
November 20th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Lafayette College: Shamelessly exhibiting a Napoleon Complex since 1865.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2014, 10:59 AM
No idea what happened to Blake Searfoss, and no idea if Reed can in fact play.

ZZ took over for Shoop about 2/3 of the way through 2012 after Shoop was suspended. ZZ's father passed away in the week leading up to the game in 2012. The Pard offense was smoking out of the gate in 2012, but Frank messed it up by switching around his QB's. The 2012 and 2009 games were very poor displays of coaching by Frank as the Pards snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on both games.

Wow, I was at Colgate game in Hamilton and he was on crutches on the sideline...Can someone discuss what happened to Blake Searfoss?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Game Preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/game-preview-rivalry150-yankee-stadium.html

Joe Maddon? He's OK in my book. xlolx

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Lehigh wins by 3 TDs. Game over thanks for playing. Who wants my tix?

heath
November 20th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Other than getting a bite to eat and a cold beer after getting off the bus.and before heading into the stadium, will there be a LFN booth nearby so I can get a copy of that NY Times best seller?xlolx
Turnovers and big plays may win the game. Team with most sacks wins the gamexthumbsupx

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2014, 08:08 PM
If anyone is interested, I have two tickets that I no longer need. I am willing to sell below face value.

ngineer
November 20th, 2014, 08:54 PM

Don't believe it. The Ol' Frankasaurus playing his old mind games.

ngineer
November 20th, 2014, 09:01 PM
OK. I'm heading out to NYC late tomorrow a.m. and doubt I will lug my laptop along, so tonight will be my last posting leading up to the game. So,per tradition, hear this:

NOVEMBER 22, 2015: THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSIES TO BLEED!!!!!xthumbsupxxhypedxxanim_chaix

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
The game got front page in todays NY Times sports section.

heath
November 21st, 2014, 07:35 AM
Staaaart spreading the news,I'm leaving today............

Engineer86
November 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
If anyone is interested, I have two tickets that I no longer need. I am willing to sell below face value.

I have one for the same. I am in times square now

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2014, 08:17 AM
:D
OK. I'm heading out to NYC late tomorrow a.m. and doubt I will lug my laptop along, so tonight will be my last posting leading up to the game. So,per tradition, hear this:

NOVEMBER 22, 2015: THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSIES TO BLEED!!!!!xthumbsupxxhypedxxanim_chaix

I hope Mrs. ng doesn't see this!xnonox

carney2
November 21st, 2014, 08:56 AM
Game Preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/game-preview-rivalry150-yankee-stadium.html

Joe Maddon? He's OK in my book. xlolx

Correction, LFN: Joe Maddon is not a Lafayette alum. He left College Hill after 3 years to pursue his baseball career. So much for listening to your parents and staying in school.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Correction, LFN: Joe Maddon is not a Lafayette alum. He left College Hill after 3 years to pursue his baseball career. So much for listening to your parents and staying in school.

At Bucknell, that's enough to get a football stadium named after you and still be the most notable "alumnus".

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2014, 10:35 AM
Eh, not much venom this year. I don't feel it either.

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM

I was just thinking that this AM > must be both teams subpar and even with a win will finish the same - below .500!!

LU73
November 21st, 2014, 11:53 AM
Lehigh on GMA

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIGaeG9UkVAAk.f7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByZW c0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=gma+lehigh+lafayette+video&vid=9441c6741c6d43fcd76df7dc40d37512&l=1%3A22&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVQ.4 15024688156%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc W1FdYdpQ74&tit=Josh+Lehigh+Lafayette+GMA+2014+Clip+2&c=0&sigr=11b2j5m1f&sigt=1151t2n08&age=-43930719782&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&&tt=b

Engineer86
November 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM

This too is Lafayette's fault too!

Engineer86
November 21st, 2014, 11:56 AM
Lehigh on GMA

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIGaeG9UkVAAk.f7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByZW c0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=gma+lehigh+lafayette+video&vid=9441c6741c6d43fcd76df7dc40d37512&l=1%3A22&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVQ.4 15024688156%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc W1FdYdpQ74&tit=Josh+Lehigh+Lafayette+GMA+2014+Clip+2&c=0&sigr=11b2j5m1f&sigt=1151t2n08&age=-43930719782&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&&tt=b

Seemed like GMA ignored the entire idea of Lehigh Lafayette when I was watching. Must have made some on this site happy.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2014, 12:17 PM
This too is Lafayette's fault too!

Yeah... nothing is on the line... we are neither going to Easton or Bethlehem... people are already in NYC... Bogus is MIA

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2014, 03:28 PM
I was on campus today to get my tickets and it sure was a weird vibe. 48 hours before Lehigh/Lafayette and the band, players, and all the hype had already moved to NYC. It was like Hofstra there.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2014, 04:46 PM
You don't have a mailbox LFN? Thought you'd be in New York by last Saturday. How are you getting there?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2014, 05:07 PM
You don't have a mailbox LFN? Thought you'd be in New York by last Saturday. How are you getting there?

Early start tomorrow and park at the stadium, hopefully in ARod's spot.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/game-breakdown-rivalry150-11222014.html

While I picked Lehigh, I see this as a true toss-up game.

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2014, 07:08 AM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/game-breakdown-rivalry150-11222014.html

While I picked Lehigh, I see this as a true toss-up game.

Lots of Pards and Lehigh folks around town. I'm staying at Hyatt Times Square and going across street to the LC HQ at Marriott Marquis...I'm ready for # 150!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Article in Allentown Morning Call making some posters here famous: http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-lafayette-quarterback-injury-lehigh-20141121-story.html

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM
Attendance guesses for this??

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
The stupid driver on the Greyhound bus I'm riding in right now is making me nervous he doesn't know how to get to New York from DC, or at least to the PABT.

Thankfully I'm taking Amtrak for the return trip.

Engineer86
November 22nd, 2014, 08:46 AM
Attendance guesses for this??

48k sold, but colder weather (not by ND standards) I would gues 40k butts in the seats

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
My best guess would be low 40s K for in-stadium attendance. The cold weather and both teams sub par seasons will keep the attendance down a bit. (Keep in mind all tickets sold for the game were sold before the season started.)
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
No idea if you're on, ace, but I cleared my inbox.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
The stupid driver on the Greyhound bus I'm riding in right now is making me nervous he doesn't know how to get to New York from DC, or at least to the PABT.

Thankfully I'm taking Amtrak for the return trip.

The driver took the Delaware Veterans Memorial Bridge south of Wilmington rather than continue on I-95 - good news. Now the question is whether he'll follow the signs for the Lincoln Tunnel when we get to north Jersey.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
You can feel the excitement! GO PARDS! Lafayette and Lehigh people everywhere. Friend says a NJT train is mobbed with fans!

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2014, 09:32 AM
The driver took the Delaware Veterans Memorial Bridge south of Wilmington rather than continue on I-95 - good news. Now the question is whether he'll follow the signs for the Lincoln Tunnel when we get to north Jersey.
Tell him to step on it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You can feel the excitement! GO PARDS! Lafayette and Lehigh people everywhere. Friend says a NJT train is mobbed with fans!

YES!!! Pard people everywhere!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Pard people everywhere!

Engineer86
November 22nd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Go Lehigh! I am overlooking Times Square and the tailgating underway before paying through the nose.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Pards Rule - I'm afraid the driver will get stuck in a traffic circle if I ask him to speed up.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 10:13 AM

Even though I'm not an alumnus of either Lehigh or Lafayette, as someone originally from the Lehigh Valley hearing that fans of two fairly small schools from my home region are being seen everywhere in NYC prior to today's game makes me proud.

I'll be fortunate enough to join in that soon enough, barring stupidity from the Greyhound bus driver. (The bus is currently approaching the I-287 exit on the NJ Turnpike.)

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Except for the fact that it will be a little cold, the weather is pretty close to perfect - almost entirely crystal clear with only a couple of high level cirrus clouds in the sky.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
BTW, Congrats to both teams for maintaining such a longstanding rivalry. Good luck to both.

bullitt_60
November 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to both teams, but I kind of like Lehigh... I'm an engineer and I dig the brown. I'm a little miffed that this game wasn't mentioned on Gameday today with the rest of the FCS rivalries. I'm looking forward to watching it.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
Both teams are warming up; Lafayette has gray jerseys and pants, while Lehigh has white helmets (and brown pants). Double yuck on the uniform aesthetics.

EDIT: Lehigh is wearing pinstriped white jerseys. Further yuck IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
I'm here! Section 225! Love the LU jerseys!

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
I'm here! Section 225! Love the LU jerseys!

right by u owl in 231

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2014, 04:23 PM
G damn joke.... Congrats Laf.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
So far, this has not been worth freezing my nuts off for.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2014, 04:28 PM
This is worse than last year. LU has pulled a complete no-show....

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
In Section 209 (Pards Rule sold me an extra - highly appreciated). Excellent view. I just wish the game was more competitive; this game could be worse with much Lafayette has outplayed Lehigh so far.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM

Believe me, the games in Philadelphia last Saturday were colder. (I'm essentially as bundled as I was last Saturday.)

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2014, 08:04 PM
In Section 209 (Pards Rule sold me an extra - highly appreciated). Excellent view. I just wish the game was more competitive; this game could be worse with much Lafayette has outplayed Lehigh so far.

Great meeting you Chip at halftime. I was in 211... UNBELIEVABLE! I had my #29 jersey (only one in stadium except for his family) and one dude offered me $100 to buy it off my back and another dude came up to me and was shaking my hand and saying what a great game by 29 and how he played his heart out the final game and started crying! He was class of 06!

carney2
November 22nd, 2014, 10:48 PM

Very comfortable - and I had a GREAT time.

Did you notice (they put it on the center field scoreboard) that the Empire State Building is lit up in maroon and white? Looked great as the bus headed south on the Jersey Turnpike.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2014, 10:54 PM
Temple hoops goes 0-2 in Brooklyn and Lehigh goes 0-1 in the Bronx this weekend. Not a good showing in the Big Apple....xsmhx

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Think the Lafayette crowd is living up in NYC. But just wanna say that Maroon spire looks great from my hotel window!!!!!

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 11:43 PM
Temple hoops goes 0-2 in Brooklyn and Lehigh goes 0-1 in the Bronx this weekend. Not a good showing in the Big Apple....xsmhx

Hey, the 76ers lost in Manhattan too; I attended that game after L-L 150. (I got to MSG about halfway through the 1st quarter after staying until the final gun of L-L 150; I think L-L 150 had the longest media timeouts in the history of sports television. The timeouts were even longer than those at NFL games.)

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2014, 11:48 PM
Great meeting you Chip at halftime. I was in 211... UNBELIEVABLE! I had my #29 jersey (only one in stadium except for his family) and one dude offered me $100 to buy it off my back and another dude came up to me and was shaking my hand and saying what a great game by 2 and started crying! He was class of 06!

It was great to meet you too Pards Rule. I'd love to meet other Lafayette as well as Lehigh posters on AGS in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

I know there was a woman one section over from me in the other direction who was also was wearing a #29 Lafayette jersey.

I think Ross S. ran for about 500 yards in the two Lafayette games I attended in person this season (Wagner and L-L 150).

Southsider
November 23rd, 2014, 07:57 AM
A few random thoughts about yesterday:

1. Congrats to all Pard Fans on AGS. Total domination. No other way to describe it.
2. Note to Joe Sterrett - clean house. Andy Coen & staff are an embarrassment. The train has left the tracks.
3. As I have said for 11 weeks now, LU will not win with #9 at QB. Certainly not all his fault yesterday, but running into center of line on 3rd & 10 ??????
4. Spoke with dad of backup QB. There is no doubt that players are questioning coaching decisions/who's playing, etc. (see #2)
5. Live events with TV TO's are brutal on fans in the seats. If there is ever another (doubtful) I will stay home. (Same as LU/Nova BB)
6. I liked both uni's

Finally, without some coaching changes, I will be hard pressed to stay as engaged as I have been for 40+ years. The excuses just get old.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
It was great to meet you too Pards Rule. I'd love to meet other Lafayette as well as Lehigh posters on AGS in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

I know there was a woman one section over from me in the other direction who was also was wearing a #29 Lafayette jersey.

I think Ross S. ran for about 500 yards in the two Lafayette games I attended in person this season (Wagner and L-L 150).

Haha that was Mrs S!! Well she doesnt go by S anymore but it was his mom...