carney2
November 15th, 2014, 03:07 PM
FORDHAM @ Army

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ BUCKNELL

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE*

*(#150 @ Yankee Stadium)

Game of the Week (Tie, but listed in the order of my personal preference):

FORDHAM @ Army – Last chance for a signature OOC win vs. a supposed FBS program.

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE – An obligatory for Game of the Week I guess, but it involves two bad teams playing for absolutely nothing.

bonarae
November 15th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Fordham
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Lafayette

BucBisonAtLarge
November 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Fordham
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Lafayette

3-0 this week, 43-12 on the season

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Fordham
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Lafayette

3-0 this week, 43-12 on the season

Nice run BBAL!!

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Hey at least we have a playoff system. I laughed this AM when I saw the Phila Inquirer (which worships all things Penn State) sports headline "Happy Day in the Valley" as their win over Temple made them bowl eligible (hooray!) at 6-4. They even did a box to show which ones they could go to like the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit on Dec. 26th or the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium Dec. 27th or, my personal favorite, the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville on Jan. 2nd. At least that one's in the south! What a fricking joke - "bowl eligible". The ultimate consolation prize.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Fordham
Holy Cross (Jesuit Bowl winner)
Bucknell
Lehigh (by less than 7)

Fordham
November 16th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Doesn't look like Nebrich will be playing

carney2
November 16th, 2014, 09:16 AM
FORDHAM @ Army – It was going to be an uphill battle with Nebrich, but if he doesn’t play, or is less than 100%, the Rams are toast.

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN – They could/should both lose.

COLGATE @ BUCKNELL – All due respect to the Buffs, but they are playing a sorrya$$ shell of a team. From “better than expected” in week one to three notches below abysmal today is not a great start for the Dan Hunt era. Bucky, on the other hand, has established himself as a contender. Wait ‘til next year!

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE – Bad and worse – these two are dumb and dumber’s football cousins. The winner won’t have much to be proud of. Some parity however, as it’s (average offense + mythical defense) vs. (one man offense + average defense). Perhaps competitive will make up for meaningful and exciting. A dull tie like the 100th would be justice. How about 0-0, ended due to lack of interest?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM
If the cards fall right Bucknell might be in their first postseason game since the Orange Bowl.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Will you be in Yankee Stadium, carney2?

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 12:58 PM
If the cards fall right Bucknell might be in their first postseason game since the Orange Bowl.

Have a hard time seeing that happen.

DFW HOYA
November 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM

It'a an uphill climb given the relative strength of schedule within the PL and Bucknell's non-conference slate (24-28), including VMI (2-9), Marist (4-7), and Cornell (1-8).

That having been said, it's probably the Bison's best chance for the next decade, once Lehigh and Colgate get up to speed on scholarships.

carney2
November 16th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Will you be in Yankee Stadium, carney2?

Yes, if I don't die of hunger and thirst, or get mugged. Unless you're willing to pay $50-$100 for a "tailgate," you are pretty much forced to wander off into Fort Apache, The Bronx to look for pregame sustenance. I'm taking an alumni association bus in that gets there way too early. With both teams arriving as hopeless losers, the cry goes up,

Let's get this over with!

carney2
November 16th, 2014, 04:39 PM
It'a an uphill climb given the relative strength of schedule within the PL and Bucknell's non-conference slate (24-28), including VMI (2-9), Marist (4-7), and Cornell (1-8).

That having been said, it's probably the Bison's best chance for the next decade, once Lehigh and Colgate get up to speed on scholarships.

Have you looked at Joe Susan's wish list? He already has something like 14 signed for next year, including an all world QB. Bucky will be hanging around for a while.

FordhamFan
November 16th, 2014, 04:58 PM
FWIW, Nebrich should be getting an MRI Monday, nobody has released the extent of the injury. I wouldn't say anything for certain until at least tomorrow. Tough game for the Rams either way.

van
November 16th, 2014, 07:41 PM
with playoffs around the corner, don't expect to see Nebrich in a "meaningless" game

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2014, 07:56 PM
FWIW, Nebrich should be getting an MRI Monday, nobody has released the extent of the injury. I wouldn't say anything for certain until at least tomorrow. Tough game for the Rams either way.

No one has explained why he was still playing so late into that Georgetown game??

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
FORDHAM @ ARMY 21-17

20-6 HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN

34-31 COLGATE @ BUCKNELL

27-24 LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE*

ramMan
November 16th, 2014, 08:52 PM
No one has explained why he was still playing so late into that Georgetown game??

Not sure what you mean. Nebrich was injured and taken out of the game early in the second quarter with the Rams up, 10-0.

bison137
November 16th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Have you looked at Joe Susan's wish list? He already has something like 14 signed for next year, including an all world QB. Bucky will be hanging around for a while.

Actually 19. Not sure if the QB is all-world and I'm sure he won't be starting next year, but he could be good down the road. Overall it looks like a good class on paper - but we won't know for at least a couple years.

• Marcus Ademilola 6-5 225 lb WR/TE (NJ/PA) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 11/8/2014 - offers from Penn, Youngstown, Yale, Colgate, Princeton, LU, LC, Monmouth, and others
• Joe Arcangelo 6-4 225 lb TE (PA) - COMMITTED 11/1/14; offers from Monmouth and Cornell; Abington Heights HS
• Derek Bastinck 6-5 260 OL (NJ) - COMMITTED 6/22/14 - had offer from HC
• Alan Butler 6-0 170 lb WR (NJ) - COMMITTED 7/8/14; Timber Creek H.S.
• Cinjun Erskine 6-2 200 lb QB (NJ) - COMMITTED 7/7/14; had offers from Miami (FL), UMass, Colgate, Penn, Yale, etc
• Patrick Finn 6-3 265 lbs OL/DL (PA) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 10/31/14; offers from Navy, Villanova, Delaware
• Omar Garcia 5-10, 190 lb RB (DC) - COMMITTED 10/29/14 has 114 carries for 954 yards and 12 TD's thru late Oct.
• Jamil Gilmore 6-2 270 lb OG (NJ) - COMMITTED 5/24/14, Piscataway H.S.
• Tommy Gorman 6-6 270 lb OL (NJ) - COMMITTED 6/27/14
• Quentin Hall 6-5 300 lb OT (MA) - COMMITTED 8/5/14
• Alex Jordan 6-3 275 DL/OG (PA) - COMMITTED 7/10/14 - offers from UMass, CU, HC, Fordham, URI, CCSU, Monmouth; top 25 in Philly Metro Area
• Joey Lauro 5-11, 180 lb FS (FL) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 10/6/2014 per twitter; Manatee H.S.
• Fisayo Oluleye 6-2 180 lb WR (PA) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 11/1/14; offers from Fordham and Colgate
• Rocco Ordille 5-10 180 lbs (NJ) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 11/6/2014; offer from Penn; fastest jr in NJ in spring 100
• Alex Pechin 6-1 185 lb PK/P (PA) - COMMITTED TO BUCKNELL 11/12/2014; interest from Penn and Princeton; had 50 and 48 yd FG's
• Isiah Perkins 6-0 175 lb CB (NJ) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 11/6/2014
• Alex Rasmussen, 6-3, 175 lb WR/FS (MD) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 9/25/14 per twitter
• Joe Schiano 6-2 220 lb LB (FL) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 11/5/2014
• Nick Zarkoski 6-6 240 lb DE/OT (PA) - COMMITTED to Bucknell 10/30/14

HoyaMetanoia
November 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
• Cinjun Erskine 6-2 200 lb QB (NJ) - COMMITTED 7/7/14; had offers from Miami (FL), UMass, Colgate, Penn, Yale, etc

Ummm...yeah, sure, whatever you say.

DFW HOYA
November 17th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Ummm...yeah, sure, whatever you say.

247Sports lists this as well:

http://247sports.com/Player/Cinjun-Erskine-20534

jimbo65
November 17th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Fordham

Bucknell

Holy Cross

Lehigh

bison137
November 17th, 2014, 08:21 AM
247Sports lists this as well:

http://247sports.com/Player/Cinjun-Erskine-20534

Yes, 247 and Rivals, among others, both accurately report his Miami offer. A little research would turn up that there are about a dozen sources for that offer - including some at Miami. However, two things: (a) they reportedly wanted him more as an "athlete" than as a QB; and (b) it probably helped him that they were trying to land an OT teammate who he is close to.

Bill
November 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=bison137;2180550]Actually 19. Not sure if the QB is all-world and I'm sure he won't be starting next year, but he could be good down the road. Overall it looks like a good class on paper - but we won't know for at least a couple years.

[QUOTE=bison137;2180550]

Any relation to Greg, or just big coincidence?

Fordham
November 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
A Boy Named Joe Susan is an absolute stud of an old school coach imo. I love what he's done with that team and it appears that what we're seeing now is just the start of where he's taking that program.

Bill
November 17th, 2014, 09:00 AM
After a 2-1 week, I sit at 40-15. Like many of the posters here, I believe 9 of my mistakes involve Lehigh & Colgate!

Anyhow:

FORDHAM @ Army - Despite Citdog's feelings towards "Hudson High", I think this is still a big win anytime the PL beats an FBS school. Rams, 32-22.

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN - All Jesuits, all the time. Is there another football conference that has 3 Jesuit schools? How about 2? Holy Cross, 27-16.

COLGATE @ BUCKNELL - I'll take the bison, 24-20.

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE* - I'm afraid we won't be able to stop the run...but maybe the Frankosaurus will do something silly and help us out. Lehigh, 36-33.

Fordham
November 17th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I'm surprised at how many people are assuming a Fordham win without Nebrich playing. Maetzold has been great but this will be a tough game for us, particularly since they are a ground and pound team. Although we have played it well, this is still the most susceptible area where our D can be exploited.

PAllen
November 17th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Sitting at a respectable 40-15 on the season (I was shocked when I just looked it up based on my 2-8 record with Lehigh games).

My heart says Fordham, but my gut says Army. Gotta go with my gut. Army, and we won't know how good Fordham is vs just how bad the PL is until next week.
Bucknell easily. If Coach Susan doesn't have his team fired up believing that they have a shot at an at large bid, then he's just not doing his job.
I've been wrong in just about all of my Lehigh picks this year, but I've gotta go with the Engineers in a blowout. The 'pards won't let them on the field at halftime, but the 'pard faithful will have to listen to the Marching '97 serenade them as they walk out depressed.

DFW HOYA
November 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN - All Jesuits, all the time. Is there another football conference that has 3 Jesuit schools? How about 2? Holy Cross, 27-16.

Of the 28 Jesuit universities, just five are left playing football: BC, the three PL schools, and John Carroll (a Div. III school in Cleveland).

Bill
November 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM
The 'pards won't let them on the field at halftime, but the 'pard faithful will have to listen to the Marching '97 serenade them as they walk out depressed.

What? Will the "marching band refuse to yield"?:)

FYI - American Pie xthumbsupx singer/songwriter Don McLean was a fraternity brother of my dad at Colgate...McLean apparently did not play football, howeverxthumbsupx

bison137
November 17th, 2014, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=bison137;2180550]Actually 19. Not sure if the QB is all-world and I'm sure he won't be starting next year, but he could be good down the road. Overall it looks like a good class on paper - but we won't know for at least a couple years.

[QUOTE=bison137;2180550]

Any relation to Greg, or just big coincidence?

No coincidence. Susan is the guy who recruited Greg Schiano to Bucknell, where he was an All-PL LB, and then Susan was on Schiano's staff at Rutgers for many years. The younger Schiano held a Bucknell offer of some sort for a long time, but I suspect he was holding out for a FBS offer. He finally committed to Bucknell recently but I don't know what part of a scholarship he is getting. He is apparently having a good year for a good Berkeley Prep team in Tampa.

Bill
November 17th, 2014, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=Bill;2180637][QUOTE=bison137;2180550]Actually 19. Not sure if the QB is all-world and I'm sure he won't be starting next year, but he could be good down the road. Overall it looks like a good class on paper - but we won't know for at least a couple years.

No coincidence. Susan is the guy who recruited Greg Schiano to Bucknell, where he was an All-PL LB, and then Susan was on Schiano's staff at Rutgers for many years. The younger Schiano held a Bucknell offer of some sort for a long time, but I suspect he was holding out for a FBS offer. He finally committed to Bucknell recently but I don't know what part of a scholarship he is getting. He is apparently having a good year for a good Berkeley Prep team in Tampa.

Thanks for the update - I'm familiar with Schiano's ties to Susan & Bucknell...and the name and location of the HS recruit seemed way to convenient to be a coincidence!

ColgateTD
November 17th, 2014, 07:56 PM
A woeful 39-16 Fordham - Yes, the Rams are strong enough to take down their northern Hudson River neighbors. Holy Cross - would have liked to vote for the Hoyas, but just can't see them winning, even on their own turf. LU-LC - Tie. Yes, quite unorthodox but I do believe it will happen. After playing 11 OTs, the zebras declare co-champions of #150 Colgate - Coach Dan Hunt goes out with a win in his first season at the helm. The Bison forget all the stunts that let them hang in there with Fordham and have a complete meltdown.

TheValleyRaider
November 17th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Another 2-1 week, now 40-15 overall. Another season come and gone...

Fordham at Army Fordham I've seen Army a couple of times, it's been a long season. Have the Rams come far enough from the 2011 shutout? Would be quite a cap to the regular season...

Holy Cross at Georgetown Holy Cross Battle for the Jesuit Runner-Up spot. Have the Crusaders found enough of a stride recently to close out with a win? Yeah, though also I think they're just better than the Hoyas

Colgate at Bucknell Colgate Tough stretch for the 'Gate, with some tough losses. Injuries have hurt, but I think there's a foundation going forward. Is it enough to beat the well-founded Bison? Sure, why not...

Lehigh at Lafayette Lafayette No idea what will happen, thinking Lehigh might be the better team. All the more reason to pick Lafayette, I suppose...

carney2
November 17th, 2014, 09:25 PM
In the early going:

4 picked Lehigh

4 picked Lafayette

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 09:32 PM
In the early going:

4 picked Lehigh

4 picked Lafayette

It's going to be that kind of game. Even Valley Raider contradicted himself making the pick.

It will probably come down to turnovers and mistakes. Most games usually do, so don't expect spectacular play like 141.

BNiche
November 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
For whatever it's worth, Moorhead said this (https://twitter.com/MikeWattsOnAir/status/534486932160786432) about Nebrich's knee injury: "Not any significant damage persay... I'd be surprised if he did play, but Mike has some quick healing powers."

Take that for whatever it's worth for your picks with Fordham/Army. And now, I'll sling away...

carney2
November 18th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Picking up the slack for Bogie, here are some very early lines for Saturday:

Holy Cross 7 over Georgetown
Bucknell 9 1/2 over Colgate

Sorry, nothing yet on Fordham @ Army (Jesuits and Cadets don't bet) nor Lehigh @ Lafayette (no one cares). Best guess is Army 13 or 14 over Fordham and anyone's guess in the other one, but probably Lafayette by 3 or 4.

Elsewhere:

Harvard 12 over Yale
Brown 27 over Columbia
Penn 9 over Cornell
Dartmouth 5 over Princeton
Villanova 18 over Delaware
UNH 15 over Maine
W&M 3 over Richmond

Sader87
November 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM
5dimes had Fordham -3 this morning O/U at 69

No L-L line yet....

Worried about Bogie....not posting during this of all weeks?

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2014, 02:49 PM
5dimes had Fordham -3 this morning O/U at 69

No L-L line yet....

He went off the deep end when we lost to HC and Princeton got handled by Harvard.

Sader87
November 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM
He went off the deep end when we lost to HC and Princeton got handled by Harvard.

Hope he's OK.

Even I don't get that upset about these goddam games.....xrotatehx

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM

FYI - American Pie xthumbsupx singer/songwriter Don McLean was a fraternity brother of my dad at Colgate...McLean apparently did not play football, howeverxthumbsupx

haha my 8th grade social studies teacher broke that song down - very interesting. Wish I had a copy of the analysis

Gate83
November 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM

I've never heard of a Don McLean connection to Colgate, a quick check of our alumni database doesn't show him as an alum... and his wiki page makes only a Villanova reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McLean). Perhaps he was a frequent visitor? Perhaps I've got time to look into this since our season is effectively over?

Fordhamanhattan
November 18th, 2014, 04:40 PM
He went to Iona Prep.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM
If I am coach there is no way in Gods Green Earth Nebrich starts against Army. Why risk injury and a long playoff run with an attempt at a win against Army? Play their cards right and Nebrich will have two weeks to heal and a home game against the William & Mary/Sacred Heart winner.

Fordham
November 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM
If I am coach there is no way in Gods Green Earth Nebrich starts against Army. Why risk injury and a long playoff run with an attempt at a win against Army? Play their cards right and Nebrich will have two weeks to heal and a home game against the William & Mary/Sacred Heart winner.
I hear you but lose and we play next week against Sacred Heart again at home ... or worse, somewhere on the road in Rd 1. Tough decision. The biggest thing we have going for us is that Maetzold has played so admirably that we may be able to go with him and only go to Nebrich if things are going south.

van
November 18th, 2014, 05:53 PM
FORDHAM @ Army, cadets are not very good, could go their way if Rams coast while thinking about playoffs

HOLY CROSS @ GEORGETOWN, could be a close one however

COLGATE @ BUCKNELL, Gate one dimensional and Buffs D is pretty darn good

LEHIGH @ LAFAYETTE, engineers are improving and Mark Ross has graduated, just stop the other Ross

FordhamFan
November 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't be so pumped to play a Sacred Heart team that played us well in the Bronx last year, and might have even won that game if their amazing RB Spence hadn't fumbled three times. It's hard to beat a good team twice.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Hope he's OK.

Even I don't get that upset about these goddam games.....xrotatehx

Haha, I'm kind of joking. I think he had work commitments or something. But I mean they have wifi and internet in all but Saharan Africa and North Korea right?

carney2
November 18th, 2014, 09:02 PM

Bogie has his own drummer and has gone MIA on other occasions. On the other hand, he dropped the ball on the Lafayette-Lehigh AGS baqnner for November. That's not like him.

Bill
November 18th, 2014, 11:24 PM
I've never heard of a Don McLean connection to Colgate, a quick check of our alumni database doesn't show him as an alum... and his wiki page makes only a Villanova reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McLean). Perhaps he was a frequent visitor? Perhaps I've got time to look into this since our season is effectively over?
Oh crap- I stand by my story for now, but there is a chance I have my family history stories confused! Guess where. My dad went to high school? Iona prep....

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Oh crap- I stand by my story for now, but there is a chance I have my family history stories confused! Guess where. My dad went to high school? Iona prep....

Bill, thats probably it..Prep schools usually house their students?? I think I last heard he was living in the Hudson River valley.

Bill
November 19th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I'll check into it later today...I am pretty sure Iona Prep doesn't have housing, though!

Go Green
November 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Holy Cross - would have liked to vote for the Hoyas, but just can't see them winning, even on their own turf.

If Georgetown does pull it off, will that be the end of the Gilmore era at Holy Cross?

Sader87
November 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
A lot of Catholic HS in the Northeast/New England have "Prep" in their title but a lot (if not all) of them don't have housing/dorms for students etc. Iona Prep, Fordham Prep, St John's (MA) Prep, Fairfield Prep etc are all "day schools."

Fordhamanhattan
November 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Fordham Prep and the old grammar school had residents many from South America (obviously I'm going back). The great writer John O'Hara was a second form resident until the Fathers sent him back to eastern Pennsylvania for various transgressions.

bison137
November 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Yes, there were a lot of preps with boarding facilities back in the day. One example in NJ was Don Bosco.

Bill
November 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Bill, thats probably it..Prep schools usually house their students?? I think I last heard he was living in the Hudson River valley.

Pards Rule and various Colgate fans

Hey, spoke with my Dad. I stand corrected...no Colgate ties for McLean, it was Iona Prep. After 40+ years of Iona Prep & Colgate stories, I apparently mixed a few up. That's probably why I was the black sheep of the family and attended Lehigh;)

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM

Hey, spoke with my Dad. I stand corrected...no Colgate ties for McLean, it was Iona Prep. After 40+ years of Iona Prep & Colgate stories, I apparently mixed a few up. That's probably why I was the black sheep of the family and attended Lehigh;)

Ok thanks Bill..I would have probably messed it up too. His was the first album I bought!

carney2
November 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Las Vegas odds update:

Fordham by 3 over Army

Still nothing for Lehigh @ Lafayette.

Gate83
November 19th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Bill, no problem... would've been happy to learn of a McLean/Gate connection! Now let's discuss why you made such a poor selection post high school...

ngineer
November 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Finally getting around to this..too many distractions this week and, unfortunately, many are not L-L related. For the merciful conclusion:

I'm going with Fordham to beat Army even if Nebrich is out. I think the Rams will be able to put up more points. FU 34 Army 31

I am tempted to take the Hoyas in the Jesuit Bowl. Long trip for Holy Cross. Will there be 400 in the stands? Still head wins over heart: Crusaders 27 Hoyas 21

Bucknell has tremendous incentive for finishing strong. A 9-2 record is a tremendous result after so many years wandering in the desert. Plus, they are a real long shot to get an at large, but still that's what dreams are made of. Plus, I think BU's defense will rattle the young QB of 'gate. Bison 35-13.

#150. I was at the Senior/50 Gamer Luncheon today and talked to a number of players. They are very confident. There was a calm reserve about them...an 'assuredness'. They know how many games they beat themselves this year and are looking for redemption and to be remembered as the springboard for a great 2015. I think Lehigh has more weapons, now, with the emergence of Pelletier and Kelsey. Expect Tyler Coyle to be featured at times. He has a propensity for scoring TDs against the Leotards. Spotted Pussies are more reliant on a single player:Scheurerman. You have to believe Joe Bott will have a microscope on him. Frankasaurus may well use him as a decoy on occasion, but he needs Scheurerman to produce for the Pudendums to have a chance. Special teams: a slight edge to Lehigh. KO returns about even, but Pandy has really come into his own the last few weeks and was 'the man' last week nailing three crucial FGs, with two into a tricky wind. The improvement may be related to the fact that KO duties have been transferred to the backup. Punting has been stellar. Not just in net yardage, but directional placement. Lehigh's maligned defense has shown much better the past few weeks against comparable schools. Frosh Cavenas has been a revelation on the DL and should help clog the middle to allow the LBs to attack. Both teams have patched up OLs which make for various tribulations during games with false starts and missed assignments. But at time of year, they aren't 'rookies' anymore. Which team keeps its emotions in check the best and makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.
Lehigh 38 Laughyette 31.

van
November 21st, 2014, 07:51 AM
Finally getting around to this..too many distractions this week and, unfortunately, many are not L-L related. For the merciful conclusion:

I'm going with Fordham to beat Army even if Nebrich is out. I think the Rams will be able to put up more points. FU 34 Army 31

I am tempted to take the Hoyas in the Jesuit Bowl. Long trip for Holy Cross. Will there be 400 in the stands? Still head wins over heart: Crusaders 27 Hoyas 21

Bucknell has tremendous incentive for finishing strong. A 9-2 record is a tremendous result after so many years wandering in the desert. Plus, they are a real long shot to get an at large, but still that's what dreams are made of. Plus, I think BU's defense will rattle the young QB of 'gate. Bison 35-13.

#150. I was at the Senior/50 Gamer Luncheon today and talked to a number of players. They are very confident. There was a calm reserve about them...an 'assuredness'. They know how many games they beat themselves this year and are looking for redemption and to be remembered as the springboard for a great 2015. I think Lehigh has more weapons, now, with the emergence of Pelletier and Kelsey. Expect Tyler Coyle to be featured at times. He has a propensity for scoring TDs against the Leotards. Spotted Pussies are more reliant on a single player:Scheurerman. You have to believe Joe Bott will have a microscope on him. Frankasaurus may well use him as a decoy on occasion, but he needs Scheurerman to produce for the Pudendums to have a chance. Special teams: a slight edge to Lehigh. KO returns about even, but Pandy has really come into his own the last few weeks and was 'the man' last week nailing three crucial FGs, with two into a tricky wind. The improvement may be related to the fact that KO duties have been transferred to the backup. Punting has been stellar. Not just in net yardage, but directional placement. Lehigh's maligned defense has shown much better the past few weeks against comparable schools. Frosh Cavenas has been a revelation on the DL and should help clog the middle to allow the LBs to attack. Both teams have patched up OLs which make for various tribulations during games with false starts and missed assignments. But at time of year, they aren't 'rookies' anymore. Which team keeps its emotions in check the best and makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.
Lehigh 38 Laughyette 31.

Good analysis on #150, anything goes, but I am also feeling confident as the team as truly improved a lot from the beginning of the season, hope the D can shut down Ross S, no small feat but that is the key in my estimation

FordhamFan
November 21st, 2014, 09:19 AM
I think it turned out Nebrich just sprained his knee. I don't know if he'll play still but he's definitely not in bad shape. What would you do if you were coach? Play him and go for the seed? Or rest him and hope Maetzold can get it done, just have Nebrich healthy for whatever first playoff game you get?

Fordham
November 21st, 2014, 09:33 AM
Assuming he could play if necessary, I would start Pete and give him a long leash and see how the game goes. If we're down in the 2nd half I would bring in Mike to hopefully give a spark and get the bye.

That said, if he's good enough to play, he should play. He's tough as nails so I'm sure that'll be the case if he's good to go.

Fordhamanhattan
November 21st, 2014, 09:42 AM
This not a darn chess game. Are you going to be the one to tell a ready Nebrich that he is not playing? Good luck with that. You are going to keep him off this great stage?

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Fordham 38, Army 28

Holy Cross 24, Georgetown 21...Puljas too much.

Bucknell 42, Colgate 21... Colgate has really come off the rails

Lehigh 30, Lafayette 10... not feeling good about this game. Possibly our QB is out (no confirmed truth). If so, we will have many three and outs and Lehigh can put up points. Pards struggled with Colgate while Lehigh more or less slaughtered them before the Squawks tried hard to lose the game. Like ngineer said, I think Lehigh will maintain discipline and focus for the biggest game of the year. Pards will bring it, but the dysfunctional coaching and a one-dimensional offense (this time by injury) will lead to a big Lehigh win. I can already tell you our game plan for the QBs: bubble screens, HB post over the middle, the WR sideline play (I can draw it, don't know the name). What did do Bogie say? Um, yeah.. Go Tigers, I guess..

Bonus: Yale 28, Harvard 21... personally unimpressed by Harvard this year and Yale seems to play with more heart. Eli finally win one, unless they go for it on 4th and 28 in their own end.

Sader87
November 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM
43-12 on the year, good for a T-2 in the Crossports contest (45-10 is the leader, anyone here bettah than that? Just curious)

Last picks o' the year before the HAL9000 sings "Daisy" and shuts down:

Army 34 Fordham 31 This may have been the toughest game to pick all year. HAL feels that ultimately West Point prevails at home with Nebrich being a bit of a ? mark for this tilt.

Bucknell 27 Colgate 14 The Bison with an outside shot of a playoff-berth, prevail at Mathewson.

Lehigh 27 Lafayette 24 HAL is of the belief that the Engineers are trending a little more up than the Pards as the season comes to a close. Should be a very even entertaining game in da Bronx.

Holy Cross 17 GTown 10 GTown's D keeps them in this but the Saders ultimately prevail in an ugly in almost everyway contest.

bison137
November 21st, 2014, 01:09 PM
42-10 for the year. Missed one week.

Army by a TD
Bucknell by a FG
Lehigh by a FG (but I'm rooting for LC)
HC by a TD

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM
I can already tell you our game plan for the QBs: bubble screens

*gah* BUBBLE SCREENS *erk*

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/game-preview-rivalry150-yankee-stadium.html

Don't underestimate the power of bubble screens.

Go...gate
November 21st, 2014, 07:30 PM
Fordham 44, Army 38

Georgetown 20, Holy Cross 19

Bucknell 24, Colgate 16

Lafayette 28, Lehigh 24

Bonus Pick: Dartmouth 35, Princeton 28

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2014, 08:55 PM
Army
HC
Bucknell
Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2014, 10:50 PM
Holy Cross 31 Georgetown 17 - The Crusaders finish up another disappointing season. The pressure will REALLY be on Gilmore next year imo....

Bucknell 30 Colgate 21 - The Bison conclude their best season in nearly 20 years. I think they have a solid shot to get a bid if the chips fall the right way tomorrow....

Army 42 Fordham 38 - If Nebrich was healthy I'd probably go with the Rams. Without him, on Sr. day in Michie? I have to take the Black Knights. While Army is pretty bad, they're not among the true dregs of FBS this year....

Lehigh 27 Lafayette 20 - Lehigh has a few more playmakers on offense which will be the difference imo. I don't believe Lafayette has the QB or WR's to really hurt Lehigh deep on a consistent basis. That's really the weakness of the D imo. LU's run defense, with the return of some some healthy bodies, has not been bad the 4-5 games except for Fordham. The key will be turnovers. Shafnisky has to avoid those WTF plays. His decision making in general has been good but when he does screw up it's usually pretty bad....

Leopard Loyalist
November 21st, 2014, 11:42 PM
Just getting under the wire with picks for the final week. 42-13 so far.

Holy Cross over Georgetown. Hoyas in a football death spiral.
Bucknell over Colgate. Raiders looked more promising than they proved to be.
Army over Fordham. With a healthy Nebrich, things would be different.
Lafayette over Lehigh. Not a great deal of confidence here, but not exclusively a homer selection either. Laf QB situation may seal the deal, but how could I make another selection this year?

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2014, 01:10 AM
Holy Cross over Georgetown. Hoyas in a football death spiral.

Thanks for the support.

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2014, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the support.

Article in todays NY Times about efforts to do something about Columbia football.

The Boogie Down
November 22nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
17-5 after a late start to the year. This week:
Army (but I HOPE I'm very-very wrong)
Holy Cross
Bucknell
Lafayette

DFW HOYA
November 22nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Article in todays NY Times about efforts to do something about Columbia football.

At least they got the coverage. The Washington Post hasn't filed a single story (game account or feature) since the pre-season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Georgetown is about to beat HC. How does Gilmore keep his job?

HoyaMetanoia
November 22nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
LOLOLOLOL

ColgateTD
November 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Final totals: 41-18-1

Congrats to the Hoyas on their big win today. Maybe things are looking up in Foggy Bottom? Will Gilmore be retained as HC coach....big question :)

'Gate goes out with a solid win over the Bison. Thanks seniors! This is great motivation for next year's team.

HoyaMetanoia
November 22nd, 2014, 03:28 PM

Congrats to the Hoyas on their big win today. Maybe things are looking up in Foggy Bottom? Will Gilmore be retained as HC coach....big question :)

'Gate goes out with a solid win over the Bison. Thanks seniors! This is great motivation for next year's team.

Foggy Bottom? The neighborhood's name is the same as the school's: Georgetown.

G(eorgetown)W(aitlist) is in Foggy Bottom.

Ramblin' Man
November 22nd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Hoyas drop Saders! Sweet!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Lehigh highlights in the 1st half:

NY Crusader 2010
November 22nd, 2014, 04:38 PM
And Bucknell's bubble explodes today...looks like the injuries finally caught up to them.

Gate83
November 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM

Gate finishes 5-2 in games Melville played, 0-5 with Mooney at qb. Today should be a big confidence builder for next year!

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Cannot ever remember a worse year for the league. Even FU may be exposed in the playoffs. They have no good wins, let's be brutally honest.

Go Green
November 22nd, 2014, 08:02 PM
They have no good wins.

You mean Columbia wasn't a good win?

:)

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM
Congratulations to the Hoyas on a fine win to close the season. Congrats also to the Red Raiders who played their best game of the season in knocking Bucknell out of a possible play-off appearance. Dartmouth destroyed the most overrated Princeton team in recent memory to earn a tie for second in the Ivy.

carney2
November 22nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
I hope I'm not too late, but I'm picking Lafayette 27-7 over Lehigh in a laffer.

bulldog10jw
November 22nd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Congratulations to the Hoyas on a fine win to close the season. Congrats also to the Red Raiders who played their best game of the season in knocking Bucknell out of a possible play-off appearance. Dartmouth destroyed the most overrated Princeton team in recent memory to earn a tie for second in the Ivy.

Actually, Dartmouth was in 2nd place alone. They lost only to Harvard.

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2014, 11:20 PM
Actually, Dartmouth was in 2nd place alone. They lost only to Harvard.

I stand corrected. In any event, it was a very fine season for Dartmouth.

Go Green
November 23rd, 2014, 06:41 AM
I stand corrected. In any event, it was a very fine season for Dartmouth.

It was. A shame that we didn't get the title. Most years, going 6-1 in league play wins it.

Unfortunately, Harvard went undefeated. Dartmouth was cheering hard for Yale, but Harvard fought fiercely.

Just wait till next year!!!!

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2014, 06:53 AM
It was. A shame that we didn't get the title. Most years, going 6-1 in league play wins it.

Unfortunately, Harvard went undefeated. Dartmouth was cheering hard for Yale, but Harvard fought fiercely.

Just wait till next year!!!!

So I guess you already have October 31, 2015, circled on your calendar.;)

carney2
November 24th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Does Georgetown's Rob Sgarlata get Patriot League Coach of the Year? I doubt it. The award probably goes to Bucknell's Joe Susan. Still, Sgarlata did a fantastic job, making chicken soup out of chicken feathers. A tie for the award would be justice.

ngineer
November 24th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Does Georgetown's Rob Sgarlata get Patriot League Coach of the Year? I doubt it. The award probably goes to Bucknell's Joe Susan. Still, Sgarlata did a fantastic job, making chicken soup out of chicken feathers. A tie for the award would be justice.

Agree very much. On separate thread I mentioned how impressed I was with how G'town scrapped this year. They lost a bunch of games, but they were in most of them. And, Bucknell's best season in about 17 years.

ngineer
November 24th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Georgetown is about to beat HC. How does Gilmore keep his job?

Get Tom to come back to Lehigh as the DC!! It's where he belongs. He and we flourished when he was up in the box overseeing the defense.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Who won pick'em? I went 0-4 in every game this week... I need to fire my OC.

Sader87
November 24th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Who won pick'em? I went 0-4 in every game this week... I need to fire my OC.

It was a brutal week for pickahs.....not one of the 28 prognosticators on Crossports did bettah than 2-2. Fitting end to the season. xdrunkyx

Go Green
November 24th, 2014, 12:31 PM
So I guess you already have October 31, 2015, circled on your calendar.;)

We do. In my day, it was the Princeton game that got circled for the de facto championship.

But I have no doubt that a lot of guys will be looking forward to 2015 Halloween.

:)

Sader87
November 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
You know it's been a down year in the PL when the Ivy postahs are hijacking our threads.xrotatehx