PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Lafayette is for all the marbles

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Lafayette's dream comes true: With the Colgate upset of Holy Cross, the Lehigh/Lafayette game will be basically a playoff game.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Oh yeah, Lafayette and Lehigh won today too.

Prepare for one hell of a lead-up towards "The Rivalry".

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Lafayette is something like 23-1 all time against Lehigh when entering the game with atleast 7 wins like they had in '04 and '05. This year the 'Pards have 5 wins. This should be a great game.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Hey LFN, I'm only half joking when I say this, but isn't this the way the PL adminsitration wants it? Lehigh-Lafayette for the title on TV every year, with Colgate and Holy Cross close in pursuit...and its two associate members unseen and unheard?

If so, it's right on schedule.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 04:29 PM
This will be the trip to Amherst game. :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM

Most likely but there's still a lot of football to be played.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Most likely but there's still a lot of football to be played.
Even if UMass loses next week we will still be at home in round 1. With that said the winner of your game will still travel to UMass.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Even if UMass loses next week we will still be at home in round 1. With that said the winner of your game will still travel to UMass.

It depends if a team like Monmouth can steal a bid.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Hey LFN, I'm only half joking when I say this, but isn't this the way the PL adminsitration wants it? Lehigh-Lafayette for the title on TV every year, with Colgate and Holy Cross close in pursuit...and its two associate members unseen and unheard?

If so, it's right on schedule.

xlolx

I think they might like it better with Lehigh and Lafayette all 9-1 or 8-2 going into the game. But I do think they like the game to be relevant, TV exposure, etc. I don't think they'd be upset to see (say) Georgetown come out of nowhere and win, though.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I don't think they'd be upset to see (say) Georgetown come out of nowhere and win, though.

So when do you see Georgetown exactly doing that?

November 11th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I heard I-AA.org will have a columnist at the game!

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I heard I-AA.org will have a columnist at the game!

My guess is...Kent! ;) ;) ;)

November 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
My guess is...Kent! ;) ;) ;)I don't think he'll be sober in time after the Fargo Frenzy today! ;)

Naw, it'll be our favorite I-AA DIARY columnist...

CHUCK BURTON!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think he'll be sober in time after the Fargo Frenzy today! ;)

CHUCK BURTON!

Considering every time I see Lehigh and Lafayette from the press box Lehigh loses (0-for-2)... maybe I should watch Harvard/Yale instead...

(yeah right)

Pard94
November 11th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I don't think he'll be sober in time after the Fargo Frenzy today! ;)

CHUCK BURTON!

Well Chuck, or whoever, come on up to the VIP tailgate area behind the pressbox and ask around for Pard94. I'll see to it your set up aith plenty of beer and food. I can't frigging wait!

ngineer
November 11th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Considering every time I see Lehigh and Lafayette from the press box Lehigh loses (0-for-2)... maybe I should watch Harvard/Yale instead...

(yeah right)

Then take one for the team and get a sideline pass!:D

ngineer
November 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM

I could see Lehigh hosting JMU...again!:nod: :D I also agree that if a 'mid-major' steals a bid, Monmouth could be visiting Amherst. Of course, it Lehigh has to travel, Amherst is the closest of most likely venues.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I could see Lehigh hosting JMU...again!:nod: :D I also agree that if a 'mid-major' steals a bid, Monmouth could be visiting Amherst. Of course, it Lehigh has to travel, Amherst is the closest of most likely venues.

What if Delaware State wins the MEAC or gets an at-large bid? If Towson beats JMU? So many interesting combinations...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Well Chuck, or whoever, come on up to the VIP tailgate area behind the pressbox and ask around for Pard94. I'll see to it your set up aith plenty of beer and food. I can't frigging wait!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I see you found out what unites Leh/Laf fans... :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I don't think they'd be upset to see (say) Georgetown come out of nowhere and win, though.

Should be a humdinger next week when Fordham and Georgetown knock heads. If Georgetown loses next week they'll have a a record of 5-33 since becoming a league member in 2001. Things just don't seem to be getting better for the Hoyas.

ngineer
November 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Should be a humdinger next week when Fordham and Georgetown knock heads. If Georgetown loses next week they'll have a a record of 5-33 since becoming a league member in 2001. Things just don't seem to be getting better for the Hoyas.

Now having seen both, this will be interesting. Fordham has the potential to put up some points. Up and coming QB, but needs receivers and protection. Defense needs to stouten up. G'town on the other hand had a tough D, but alot of trouble on offense.. Kicking edge to Fordham. If it comes down to that, Rams win in a close, low scoring affair.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Yeah, it's 5-33, but well why is that? Putting aside the financial disparity for a moment Georgetown is at a considerable disadvantage with the academic index. There are players who can get into PL schools which can't even get onto Georgetown's list. At another level, Georgetown is competing against Ivy teams and it's a tough sell to most that you would turn down Princeton or Cornell to play at Georgetown.

There's also the infrastructure issue--temporary stands, no practice field, no training facility, no media coverage, etc. Georgetown now says there's "no timetable" for further improvements. It's an easy jab for an opposing recruiter.

You're left with a lot of kids that either pay their way and are considerably smaller than your opponents. Lafayette had a 41 pound advantage across their O-line today, according to Lafayette's pre-game notes.

So what do you do if you're a Georgetown coach?

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM
If Georgetown loses next week they'll have a a record of 5-33 since becoming a league member in 2001. Things just don't seem to be getting better for the Hoyas.

Well, why is that? Georgetown is at a considerable disadvantage with the academic index. There are players who can get into PL schools which can't even get close to Georgetown's list. At another level, Georgetown is competing against Ivy schools for students and it's a tough sell that an impact player would turn down Princeton or Penn to play at Georgetown.

There's also the infrastructure issue--temporary stands, no practice field, no training facility, no media coverage, etc. Georgetown now says there's "no timetable" for any further facility improvements. It's all an easy jab for an opposing recruiter.

You're left with a lot of kids that pay their way and are considerably smaller than your opponents. Lafayette had a 41 pound advantage across their O-line today, according to Lafayette's pre-game notes. It doesn't mean they won't give 100%, but 235 lb. tackles don't get you very far.

So if Lehigh was 5-33, how would you handle this?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Well, why is that? Georgetown is at a considerable disadvantage with the academic index. There are players who can get into PL schools which can't even get onto Georgetown's list. At another level, Georgetown is competing against Ivy teams and it's a tough sell to most that an impact player would turn down Princeton or Penn to pay their way at Georgetown.

There's also the infrastructure issue--temporary stands in the league's smallest field, no practice field, no training facility, no media coverage, etc. Georgetown now says there's "no timetable" for any further facility improvements. It's all an easy jab for an opposing recruiter.

You're left with a lot of kids that pay their way and are considerably smaller than your opponents. Lafayette had a 41 pound advantage across their O-line today, according to Lafayette's pre-game notes. It doesn't mean they won't give 100%, but 235 lb. tackles don't get you very far.

DFW all you are doing is making my point that i've been trying to make for the past year. What was Georgetown thinking when they joined the PL? You have said that Gtown does not have money/resources to compete in the PL now or any time in the future. You also said they are at a recruiting disadvantage based on the AI. While everyone can say it's great to have the Hoyas and all that they aren't cutting it. Who ever decided to move Gtown to the PL obviously didn't do is homework and if he/she did, they got an F. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you have just told me Gtown is in a sad situation with little to no hope on the horizon. If Gtown is truly unable to compete in the PL due to these limitations don't you think someone should do some re-evaluation after just tying a school record for losses in year 6 of PL play.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Georgetown did their homework. The problem isn't solely money--although the school's financial crisis hasn't helped. At the core, it's a recruiting imbalance. The kind of impact players Georgetown needs to compete either don't get past the academic index or can't afford to take on debt to attend, because GU doesn't offer "Marquis Scholarships" or similar academic-based aid.

This is not a football issue, either. Every sport at the school has suffered through this disparity, excepting basketball. No one is arguing that Georgetown reconsider the Big East as a result and no one is arguing Georgetown can't compete in the Patriot. It's going to be tougher, that's all, but people see the record and figure they can't or won't compete.

Bottom line, Georgetown needs the PL and the PL needs Georgetown.

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Um, this is the Lafayette-Lehigh thread...

..not Georgetown is awful and has no hope so let's feel sorry for them :D

... so MOOOOOVE OVER!!

GOOOO PARDS!

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM
That said I am unsure of the Pards chances this year.. will be an uphill battle in this one..

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Um, this is the Lafayette-Lehigh thread...

..not Georgetown is awful and has no hope so let's feel sorry for them :D

... so MOOOOOVE OVER!!

GOOOO PARDS!

Thanks for the support. Moving over....

carney2
November 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM
So when do you see Georgetown exactly doing that?

Having seen the Hoyas up close and personal this afternoon, I doubt if it will be in my lifetime. When are they going to make a commitment - one way or the other - down there?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Having seen the Hoyas up close and persoanl this afternoon, I doubt if it will be in my lifetime. When are they going to make a commitment - one way or the other - down there?

I like having the Georgetown name in the PL. But if they are not going put the commitment neccessary to field a competitive team i think the league and Georgetown should start to consider other options. What is the point in playing in conference when the school and its fans admit they can't compete? Davidson and VMI faced the same thing in the SoCon before eventually comming to the conclusion they were in over their head. Georgetown i think is either at or quickly approaching that crossroad.

carney2
November 11th, 2006, 11:05 PM
The seemingly endless preseason has finally ground to an unsatisfying conclusion. Now we await the greatest football day of the year.

Oh yeah, Chuckie B., I know that you did some sort of a survey on this back in July, but "The Rivalry" just doesn't cut it. A rivalry is something one has with his sister or the nerdy kid in algebra class or the high school team from the next town. What will happen this coming Saturday, on the other hand, is one gasp short of life and death, and it absolutely overwhelms anything as pedestrian as a rivlary.

Go...gate
November 11th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Well, why is that? Georgetown is at a considerable disadvantage with the academic index. There are players who can get into PL schools which can't even get close to Georgetown's list. At another level, Georgetown is competing against Ivy schools for students and it's a tough sell that an impact player would turn down Princeton or Penn to play at Georgetown.

There's also the infrastructure issue--temporary stands, no practice field, no training facility, no media coverage, etc. Georgetown now says there's "no timetable" for any further facility improvements. It's all an easy jab for an opposing recruiter.

Oh, please, don't start that! Up to now, the Hoyas have never lowered themselves to make that excuse. Don't start slamming the academic profile of the rest of your own conference because you have struggled. Get back to work and recruit better. Colgate did it. Holy Cross did it. Lafayette did it. Fordham did it. Bucknell is doing it now. Georgetown, with its name recognition and a new stadium, can compete as well. It is not like the Patriot League is the Pac-10 or ACC, for Pete's sake.

ngineer
November 11th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Oh, please, don't start that! Up to now, the Hoyas have never lowered themselves to make that excuse. Don't start slamming the academic profile of the rest of your own conference because you have struggled. Get back to work and recruit better. Colgate did it. Holy Cross did it. Lafayette did it. Fordham did it. Bucknell is doing it now. Georgetown, with its name recognition and a new stadium, can compete as well. It is not like the Patriot League is the Pac-10 or ACC, for Pete's sake.

Beat me to it. The AI of Georgetown and the other 'core' PL schools is indistinguishable. Fordham's is slightly lower, but not to such a degree to make a big impact--and notice how they've struggled of late. Georgetown can certainly make it in the PL IF they want to, but that will require the financial commitment of the administration and the alumni.

Back to the thread's premise--I'M ALREADY GETTING PSYCHED. I'M WORRIED OVER HOW I'M GOING TO GET ANY WORK DONE THIS WEEK. Carney is right 'The Rivalry' won't cut it next Saturday. Maybe ...Armagedon...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Beat me to it. The AI of Georgetown and the other 'core' PL schools is indistinguishable. Fordham's is slightly lower, but not to such a degree to make a big impact--and notice how they've struggled of late. Georgetown can certainly make it in the PL IF they want to, but that will require the financial commitment of the administration and the alumni.

Back to the thread's premise--I'M ALREADY GETTING PSYCHED. I'M WORRIED OVER HOW I'M GOING TO GET ANY WORK DONE THIS WEEK. Carney is right 'The Rivalry' won't cut it next Saturday. Maybe ...Armagedon...

xlolx :D

I like that!

LeopardFan04
November 11th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Thank you Colgate. I won't say anything bad about you ever again (probably at least until later in hoops season). So it all comes down to 142. As the saying sort of goes, "It's not life or death, it's more important than that..."

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I am having chicken for dinner tonight... mmmm tastes like Hawk :D

letsgopards04
November 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM. HAWK for dinner. Frankie T has got the boys firing on all cylinders. Granted G' Town isn't Harvard or Penn (no disrespect meant) but the boys are well on both sides of the ball. Jonathan Hurt has been All-World since HC. If the Pards can go from 2-5 to the Ptriot League Champs I think he has to get a nod for COY.

carney2
November 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM. HAWK for dinner. Frankie T has got the boys firing on all cylinders. Granted G' Town isn't Harvard or Penn (no disrespect meant) but the boys are well on both sides of the ball. Jonathan Hurt has been All-World since HC. If the Pards can go from 2-5 to the Ptriot League Champs I think he has to get a nod for COY.

Wanted to save this for the post season but you brought it up. In my uninformed and generally erroneous opinion, a generous share of the blame for that 5 game losing streak falls on the shoulders of Frank Tavani and his staff. They were incredibly slow in making some necessary and very obvious personnel changes. In addition, they seem incapable this year of making adjustments on either side of the ball - either on game day (think Holy Cross!) or week to week where it has been "smash mouth or no count." Although it's true that smash mouth now seems to be working, they were the smashees rather than the smashers thru much of that Ivy League death march.

Getting to my main point here, however, if Tom Gilmore is not the unanimous Patsy League Coach of the Year, there needs to be an investigation.

ngineer
November 12th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Wanted to save this for the post season but you brought it up. In my uninformed and generally erroneous opinion, a generous share of the blame for that 5 game losing streak falls on the shoulders of Frank Tavani and his staff. They were incredibly slow in making some necessary and very obvious personnel changes. In addition, they seem incapable this year of making adjustments on either side of the ball - either on game day (think Holy Cross!) or week to week where it has been "smash mouth or no count." Although it's true that smash mouth now seems to be working, they were the smashees rather than the smashers thru much of that Ivy League death march.

Getting to my main point here, however, if Tom Gilmore is not the unanimous Patsy League Coach of the Year, there needs to be an investigation.

Want to avoid getting this thread 'off track' again,(we PL guys seem to be proficient at that), but I agree. After losing a lot from last year,he did a very nice job in having his kids in the hunt to the end.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Sunday's word, as you might have guessed, is: "Rivalry".

Pard94
November 13th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Nice write up LFN. What is glaringly absent however is The Old Leather Helmet! We need a trophy!

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I think the Pards will be facing an uphill battle in this one.. we will truly see if we have any mystique from the past two years.

Pard94
November 13th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I think the Pards will be facing an uphill battle in this one.. we will truly see if we have any mystique from the past two years.

P4L are you crazy? I say we have a better chance on paper than we have had in the last 5 years! The last two match ups were consdierably more lopsided on paper.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
P4L are you crazy? I say we have a better chance on paper than we have had in the last 5 years! The last two match ups were consdierably more lopsided on paper.

As we know, paper is meaningless.

Lehigh has been playing very well the second half of the season, winning five of their last six. They have been handily beating teams we have struggled against i.e. Fordham, Holy Cross.

Yes, it is not wise to compare teams and games like that, but Lehigh has been taking care of business. Threatt is the big X factor. If he can exploit the holes in our secondary.... which EVERY good team has done so far (heck even Fordham had success), then we might face some problems. We might ameiloriate this if the DL and LBs continue to play spectacular and keep Threatt running. But... you then have to watch for the screens and draws... which can go for big yards.

Offensively... we run very simple plays. What worked against G'town.. we have been doing all-season. The Hoyas are just not very good and all those yards Ort accumulated would have happened against a better team. Or he would have been covered. However, it was encouraging that we are passing more... Brad was accurate... and the line played very well to propel our run. If we control the clock and ground game, we will win this thing.

So, I place the wild-cards in this game upon Threatt... Lehigh's D... and Maurer..

65 Pard
November 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Playing at home and being the underdog is right where we want to be.
Plenty of motivation and support will keep it close and give the Pards a chance to come out on top.

Pard94
November 13th, 2006, 11:44 AM
As we know, paper is meaningless.

Lehigh has been playing very well the second half of the season, winning five of their last six. They have been handily beating teams we have struggled against i.e. Fordham, Holy Cross.

Yes, it is not wise to compare teams and games like that, but Lehigh has been taking care of business. Threatt is the big X factor. If he can exploit the holes in our secondary.... which EVERY good team has done so far (heck even Fordham had success), then we might face some problems. We might ameiloriate this if the DL and LBs continue to play spectacular and keep Threatt running. But... you then have to watch for the screens and draws... which can go for big yards.

Offensively... we run very simple plays. What worked against G'town.. we have been doing all-season. The Hoyas are just not very good and all those yards Ort accumulated would have happened against a better team. Or he would have been covered. However, it was encouraging that we are passing more... Brad was accurate... and the line played very well to propel our run. If we control the clock and ground game, we will win this thing.

So, I place the wild-cards in this game upon Threatt... Lehigh's D... and Maurer..

Certainly you make some valid points. However, from what I have heard, Sedale is a huge x factor...you are just as apt to get a hesitant, mistake prone QB as you are the guy who gets things done. I think if we blitz the hell out of him we can force him to make mistakes. I ilke our QB to step up more so than Sedale. Secondly, I think our simple plays, which rely heavily on our front line overpowering the defense can actually work perfectly in this match up. i think Lehigh can be dominated up front and I think Hurt can continue on the awesome run he has been on (as well as our younger backs who have been most impressive!). Not to mention Brad, who I believe will be called on to improvise from time to time (which is fine as he is great at that).

You are quick to point to Lehigh's impressive recent record and dismiss ours. Don't forget there are two teams rolling right now. Lastly, i think this Lehigh team (Sedale in particular) will have the last two years nagging them all day. If they don't blow us out from the get go I think the Mountain Hawks will never be able to gain the confidence needed to close the deal. And rightly so.

I like our chances!!!

JohnG
November 13th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I am so excited for this game and just this whole week that I can't get any work done. Why do teachers here have essays and tests this week? They should know by now that students cant due any work this week.

Both teams are right where they want to be coming into The Rivalry/The Game/Armagedon whatever you want to call it Win and you're in, lose and go home.

BTW: I was planning on going over early Saturday morning with some of my roommates to do some tailgating. Does anybody know where the best place to park and tailgate is? TIA

Oh and Chuck's Press Box Curse was broken two weeks ago when Lehigh won the Colgate game so I am no longer worried about him covering the game.

GO MOUNTAIN HAWKS!!! (or Engineers if you prefer)

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Playing at home and being the underdog is right where we want to be.
Plenty of motivation and support will keep it close and give the Pards a chance to come out on top.

I am hoping that's the deal... it has happened the past three wins!

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Certainly you make some valid points. However, from what I have heard, Sedale is a huge x factor...you are just as apt to get a hesitant, mistake prone QB as you are the guy who gets things done. I think if we blitz the hell out of him we can force him to make mistakes. I ilke our QB to step up more so than Sedale. Secondly, I think our simple plays, which rely heavily on our front line overpowering the defense can actually work perfectly in this match up. i think Lehigh can be dominated up front and I think Hurt can continue on the awesome run he has been on (as well as our younger backs who have been most impressive!). Not to mention Brad, who I believe will be called on to improvise from time to time (which is fine as he is great at that).

You are quick to point to Lehigh's impressive recent record and dismiss ours. Don't forget there are two teams rolling right now. Lastly, i think this Lehigh team (Sedale in particular) will have the last two years nagging them all day. If they don't blow us out from the get go I think the Mountain Hawks will never be able to gain the confidence needed to close the deal. And rightly so.

I like our chances!!!

If we can control the game early I do also think we can really get into their heads. Then again, we did that in 2005 and it did not faze them.

LeopardFan04
November 13th, 2006, 01:06 PM
BTW: I was planning on going over early Saturday morning with some of my roommates to do some tailgating. Does anybody know where the best place to park and tailgate is? TIA

Most students hang out at March Field. It's not tough to find and it's not a far walk to the game (nothing on campus really is) If you get there early enough there'll probably be spots there, otherwise I think they divert cars to other open areas on campus to park. The parking deck by the field is only available with a special pass I believe...You could also park on the street, but as for student tailgating action March Field is probably the best spot...Go Pards! :hurray:

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Most students hang out at March Field. It's not tough to find and it's not a far walk to the game (nothing on campus really is) If you get there early enough there'll probably be spots there, otherwise I think they divert cars to other open areas on campus to park. The parking deck by the field is only available with a special pass I believe...You could also park on the street, but as for student tailgating action March Field is probably the best spot...Go Pards! :hurray:

Wrong answer Leopard04...

... you can go tailgate in the river JohnG :D

JohnG
November 13th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the tip.
How does one get to March Field? and also what is the Easton Quad Area somebody mentioned that as a possibility as well. I'm probably going to be heading over bright and early to make sure I can get a spot, I dont want to be stuck on the street like 2 years ago.

Edit: haha Pard4Life thanks for the tip but I left my canoe at home.

LeopardFan04
November 13th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Wrong answer Leopard04...

... you can go tailgate in the river JohnG :D

He'll be easier to deal with after he's drunk! xlolx

LeopardFan04
November 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the tip.
How does one get to March Field? and also what is the Easton Quad Area somebody mentioned that as a possibility as well. I'm probably going to be heading over bright and early to make sure I can get a spot, I dont want to be stuck on the street like 2 years ago.

Here's a fairly decent map. March Field is on the left hand side. Easton Quad is probably where they'll put cars after March fills up...It's located in front of Easton Hall #24 on the map...just down Sulivan Rd. from March...There's also a new parking deck down that way too...although it wasn't there last time, so I'm not sure how tailgating wil go there...most of the garage is covered...

http://www.lafayette.edu/community/campusmap/index.html

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Actually, March Field is filled the day before the game, so parking there likely won't be too good. Easton Quad might be good. I don't recommend the garadge... wanted to park there for Penn... saw the line was not moving/cars being morons... so I won't go there ever..

Also, the street is your best bet... and the Quad/Pardee Dr. if you get there early enough. The Simon lot is good, but is further away.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Oh and Chuck's Press Box Curse was broken two weeks ago when Lehigh won the Colgate game so I am no longer worried about him covering the game.

GO MOUNTAIN HAWKS!!! (or Engineers if you prefer)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Thank you JohnG! I thought the Lafayette guys were going to tie me up and put me in the box to guarantee a Lafayette victory... :D

JohnG
November 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Actually, March Field is filled the day before the game, so parking there likely won't be too good. Easton Quad might be good. I don't recommend the garadge... wanted to park there for Penn... saw the line was not moving/cars being morons... so I won't go there ever..

Also, the street is your best bet... and the Quad/Pardee Dr. if you get there early enough. The Simon lot is good, but is further away.
I was planning on heading over around 8am to stake out a space and then have other people just wonder over. Are people allowed to park in the Easton Quad lot overnight? The Simon lot doesnt look to bad other then its further away. Really I dont care were I end up as long as I can set up my grill and drink some beers and not worry about open-container violations.

Thanks for your help guys.

Engineer91
November 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I was planning on heading over around 8am to stake out a space and then have other people just wonder over. Are people allowed to park in the Easton Quad lot overnight? The Simon lot doesnt look to bad other then its further away. Really I dont care were I end up as long as I can set up my grill and drink some beers and not worry about open-container violations.

Thanks for your help guys.

I think we are showing up around 7am. We usually park between a couple of dorms. Actually close the the campus saftey office (?) since the building is open and we can get inthere and use the restrooms. We often have to wait for someone to open up the baricade so we can get in and set up the grills and fryers. I have heard that there may be some construction in this location this year. Someone is making a recon mission this week to check it out.

Engineer91
November 14th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Any Lehigh folk taking in the trifecta this week? I'm not going to make it down in time for the soccer match. :(

Wednesday Rhode Island at Lehigh NCAA MENS soccer Playoffs 7pm
Thursday Michigan at Lehigh wrestling 7 pm
Saturday #142

could also consider any of the following

Thursday Penn at Lehigh Womens basketball 7 pm
Friday Cornell at Lehigh Mens basketball 7pm
Friday at Lafayette Swiming 6pm

JohnG
November 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I'm planning on going for the trifecta this week. Friday basketball is pushing it though.

7am, wow thats so early. I dont know how I'm going to get up and make it over at 8am with everything going on around campus this week but I'll figure something out.

I might have to do a recon mission over there this week as well. Here's hoping the weather is nicer on Saturday then its been the last few days.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get all my writing done, let alone take in the 142nd! :o Still, I think I'm going to watch that broadcast of the URI/Lehigh playoff soccer match. I like soccer, and to watch Lehigh host a home game in the playoffs... thank goodness for Lehigh's broadcast sports package :D

Putting this back on topic, I'm finding it funny that it's Tuesday morning, and all the Lehigh and Lafayette folks are finding working difficult, including me! :D

Pard94
November 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get all my writing done, let alone take in the 142nd! :o Still, I think I'm going to watch that broadcast of the URI/Lehigh playoff soccer match. I like soccer, and to watch Lehigh host a home game in the playoffs... thank goodness for Lehigh's broadcast sports package :D

Putting this back on topic, I'm finding it funny that it's Tuesday morning, and all the Lehigh and Lafayette folks are finding working difficult, including me! :D

I can't go more than an hour without thinking of Saturday. I told my wife that we are getting up there no later than 8:00AM. I told her if she so much as asks for an additional 5 minutes sleep I am flipping the mattress off the bed! Saturday has to come quickly...for the sake of my marriage!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I can't go more than an hour without thinking of Saturday. I told my wife that we are getting up there no later than 8:00AM. I told her if she so much as asks for an additional 5 minutes sleep I am flipping the mattress off the bed! Saturday has to come quickly...for the sake of my marriage!

Ha yeah, I am out the door at 8am on Saturday.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I come up the night before - being doing it since 1993. I will have my stuffed leopard who will be making his 27th appearance. In 1984, wasnt sure if my 'pard was going to make the game cause the week before my parents new golden retriever puppy literally chewed his a$$. But the vet fixed him up well and he presided over a Pards victory that year, 28-7, with Jimmy Johnson the Lafayette freshman QB getting game MVP awards.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I come up the night before - being doing it since 1993. I will have my stuffed leopard who will be making his 27th appearance. In 1984, wasnt sure if my 'pard was going to make the game cause the week before my parents new golden retriever puppy literally chewed his a$$. But the vet fixed him up well and he presided over a Pards victory that year, 28-7, with Jimmy Johnson the Lafayette freshman QB getting game MVP awards.

xlolx I will keep my eyes out for stuffed Leopard with stiches.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM

You will have to lift his tail to check and I'm sure people will be noticing!!

carney2
November 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Let's all head for the pressbox and harass Burton. "The Rivalry" - buy a dictionary, fercrapsake.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2006, 07:31 AM

I will be at the Leopard from 12:15 or earlier till 12:30 waiting for a friend

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Let's all head for the pressbox and harass Burton. "The Rivalry" - buy a dictionary, fercrapsake.

I thought that they put steel barricades up to keep yahoos like you out of there... :D

And wasn't I going to subject myself to harassment by getting free food and beer at P4L's tailgate? :confused:

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I thought that they put steel barricades up to keep yahoos like you out of there... :D

And wasn't I going to subject myself to harassment by getting free food and beer at P4L's tailgate? :confused:

xlolx I am not sure if carney is aware, but harrasing the media members is no longer very easy. The enterance is accessed on the lower level of the parking deck, and there is a guy guarding the door. It's more like a complex now than a slab like old Fisher. And, it sits about 10-15 feet above the concourse.

Plus, it is very nice inside... nice blue carpeting, tables, kitchenette.. you can actually get up and move in this one.

As for me, no, no tailgate yet.. maybe in a few years.. I'm still moochin' :rotateh:

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:44 AM

But don't worry carney, the thought did cross my mind.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2006, 08:47 AM
xlolx I am not sure if carney is aware, but harrasing the media members is no longer very easy. The enterance is accessed on the lower level of the parking deck, and there is a guy guarding the door. It's more like a complex now than a slab like old Fisher. And, it sits about 10-15 feet above the concourse.

Plus, it is very nice inside... nice blue carpeting, tables, kitchenette.. you can actually get up and move in this one.

As for me, no, no tailgate yet.. maybe in a few years.. I'm still moochin' :rotateh:

:eek: :hurray: :nod: :eek: :hurray: :nod:

:beerchug: xprost2x

This has been mentioned before, but the old Fisher pressbox required a shoehorn to get everyone in. Almost as bad as Delaware :D

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
:eek: :hurray: :nod: :eek: :hurray: :nod:

:beerchug: xprost2x

This has been mentioned before, but the old Fisher pressbox required a shoehorn to get everyone in. Almost as bad as Delaware :D

I HATE Delaware's! AWFUL... it actually got me sick and felt like I was sitting in a basement the entire time.

You will like the new one for sure LFN.. plenty of space to explore..

Lafayette71
November 15th, 2006, 09:25 AM

I'll be up at 4:00 AM Helping to prepare for the aforementioned VIP Tailgate. We'll be on the parking deck with a smoker/grill on a tralier and a cube of beer. It's going to be one fine weekend.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I'll be up at 4:00 AM Helping to prepare for the aforementioned VIP Tailgate. We'll be on the parking deck with a smoker/grill on a tralier and a cube of beer. It's going to be one fine weekend.

I envy you.

Meanwhile, I will probably be running to four different places.. I am gunning for the P4L innagural tailgate by 2011.

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
An unbiased view: Leopards 28 - Engineers 24. Just my feeling....sorry LFN. I'm with Pard4 this year!....;)

ngineer
November 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
We're having our 'traditional' deep fried turkeys. I see kickoff is now 1:08 p.m. For some reason I thought it was 12:30...Just in case anyone else was thinking earlier.
I was at Lehigh's media luncheon today. No big surprises. Threatt was the guest player. He's definitely juiced for this game. Coen talked about having been at Lehigh before was great for heading into this game as a new HC, since he already knows what it's about. Some of the new LU assistants have not been exposed to this GAME before, though they've read of it, and Coen promises them, regardless of any 'rivalry' game they thought they've been in before, this doesn't compare (and that includes some big I-A rivalries like Stanford-Cal, where Trey Brown was an assistant for the Cardinal).
When asked when he first started thinking of Lafayette, Coen said during the initial job interview! He views being a part of this tradition as one of the greatest fringe benefits of being a Lehigh coach. The players have been ready for this game since Sunday morning. Keeping them reigned in is the toughest part of preparing for this GAME.
I think both teams are going to be aggressive and would expect some big plays from both sides. The team that does not get 'down' after such a play and bounces back, and who makes the least mistakes in this cooker will win. Obviously, I'm picking Lehigh in a 'thrilla', 31-28.

65 Pard
November 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
[ I'm picking Lehigh in a 'thrilla', 31-28.[/QUOTE]

The Thrilla in Fishaa wont see 59 points...

I make the over/under 42 points.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I think one of the reasons Lafayette has had success against Lehigh the last couple of years is Tavani was able to stress the importance of the game to his players and school better than Lembo did. Although i don't think this was really Lembo's fault. The whole culture surrounding Lehigh changed in the late 90's and early 2000's. Lehigh football became more about beating the Delaware's and Furmans of the world than beating Lafayette. Hell, there was even debate whether or not the Colgate game was more important. Well for a time it was more important relative to Lehigh's status as national player. Obviously to 99% of the alums Lafayette remained public enemy #1 but it had become a foregone conclusion Lehigh would win during Lafayette's "dark" days. That way of thinking i believe started to trickle down to the players whose goals became more about winning the game after Lafayette then beating Lafayette itself. Even when you watch the games in 1999 and 2000 you could see Lafayette wanted more, they just didn't have the horses. Lehigh performance in the '99 was pitiful, they should have won that game by 40. However it took a Lafayette fumble while they were in fg range to secure a 14-12 win. Hopefully Coen has used the Jim Tressel approach to Lafayette. When Tressel was introduced as OSU's coach he made the famous speach abouthow in 310 days you will be extremely proud of our young men in Ann Arbor Michigan. He knew that game #11 was more important then 1-10. I think Coen understands that much like Tavani did when he took over for Russo. Tavani knew the best way to gain the support of the administration as well as the alumni is to show they could beat Lehigh. He did that and now the rest is history. I still believe if Higgins had remained the coach he would have faced the same problems that Lembo did trying to deal with Lafayette, it had already started his last couple of years. The culture of Lehigh's program this year was beat Lafayette first and then see what happens. I think that translated into the type of season Lehigh had this year, it was very Lafayette esque. Everything seemed to be building towards Lafayette with little concern about poll position, potential playoff opponents etc. What has happened to Lehigh against Lafayette is very similar Montana's struggles against Montana State in that rivarly.

kardplayer
November 15th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I would agree with you for some of it, but that doesn't explain last year. By then they should have figured it out.

carney2
November 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I see kickoff is now 1:08 p.m. For some reason I thought it was 12:30...Just in case anyone else was thinking earlier.

It has been scheduled for 1:08 PM since day one. Reasons:

1. TV begins at 1:00. They need some time to set the scene and pay some rent.

2. There are lights! There is no possibility of a catch in the gloamin', no matter how long this thing goes.

carney2
November 16th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I think one of the reasons Lafayette has had success against Lehigh the last couple of years is Tavani was able to stress the importance of the game to his players and school better than Lembo did.

You are on to something here. One thing in Lehigh's favor this year is that Lafayette's best player (Lembo) has transferred. As for it not being Pete's fault, I disagree. Despite being the coach with the highest winning percentage in Lehigh history, he was just not a charismatic guy. He was not a real leader. There are many indications that the kids just turned him off long before the final game of the season. As an example - and only one example - that 2004 team flat out quit in the middle of THE Game. They did not show up for the second half. Tavani, on the other hand, appears to be able to separate this game from the other 10. He pulls out all the stops for this one. One year he used dog tags as a motivator. Last year he showed the movie of the blind man who climbed Mt. Everest - and then had the guy call in and talk to the team. Some of it's a little hokie, but it seems to work. He goes that extra yard for the Lehigh game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Excellent points all - no arguments with what everyone has said. I do think Lehigh got a bit soft the past few years, just expecting to show up and win against Lafayette like they did in '98, '00, and '01. I like to say about the '04 game is that on that day, Lehigh played for the I-AA playoffs and lost. Lafayette played for the Patriot League title, won, and as a bonus got the I-AA playoff bid too.

I think this year the focus is more on the rivalry since it's a down year for the Patriot and there hasn't been any talk about national rankings or at-large positioning all year. For sure that's two more distractions that haven't been present for these teams.

I made my prediction for "THE Rivalry" or "Armageddon" in another thread, but I'm nervous about this game. Both Lafayette and Lehigh have really great talent, and with the added emotion of the rivalry it's just so hard to predict what will happen. That's why I think it's not only a toss-up, it will come down to making plays late in the 4th quarter.

Pard94
November 16th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Sleep is no longer an option for me. The truck pulls out of Weare, NY tomorrow at 10:00 AM! I haven't so looked forward to a Lehigh game since my playing days. Just can't wait.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Sleep is no longer an option for me. The truck pulls out of Weare, NY tomorrow at 10:00 AM! I haven't so looked forward to a Lehigh game since my playing days. Just can't wait.

NY? Did you move to a town with exact same one as in NH? :rotateh:

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Hey Pard posters.... check your private messages... top right corner, where it says in bold "Welcome, your name"

cosmo here
November 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Hey Pard posters.... check your private messages... top right corner, where it says in bold "Welcome, your name"

Great info P4L :)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Wanted to add some more fun info on "The Rivalry", and even quoting my buddy ngineer in my I-AA.org column (http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=82220) this week:

Add to this the all-or-nothing aspect of the I-AA playoffs, and you’ll have what one Any Given Saturday member has termed “Armageddon”.

It covers "The Game", "The Dakota marker", "The Brawl of the Wild", and "THE Rivalry".

letsgopards04
November 16th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'm leaving Morristown, NJ at 8 am to hit up March Field and other assorted festivities. I am so stoked for this game because the season has been such a struggle and for the gods to smile upon us once would rock.

Lafayette71
November 16th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Great summary of the Rivalry. The mystique of the game is contagious. As a freshmen we played at Lehigh and the intensity and atmosphere was elevated far beyond any other game we had played that year. It was one of those things people can tell you about but you can't really appreciate it until you experience it yourself.

"Ho" Dweller
November 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
If we are looking for a new name or something else to call Lehigh-Lafayette (or to our Lafayette brethern Lafayette-Lehigh..I'm equal opportunity here) how about the "Volley for the Valley"? The "Rivalry Along 22" is okay..."The Rivalry" is still pretty good in my book.

Lafalumni29
November 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to this game just as much as when I played. My boat shoves off a day early out of Long Island. May go to the FOF reception Friday night. I will certainly be at the tailgate party on the parking deck bright and early on Saturday. See you gentlemen there!!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to this game just as much as when I played. My boat shoves off a day early out of Long Island. May go to the FOF reception Friday night. I will certainly be at the tailgate party on the parking deck bright and early on Saturday. See you gentlemen there!!

Staying over would ideally be the best thing, but leaving at 8am works for me.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2006, 04:28 PM
More stuff on "The Rivalry"

letsgopards04
November 17th, 2006, 06:31 AM
If we are looking for a new name or something else to call Lehigh-Lafayette (or to our Lafayette brethern Lafayette-Lehigh..I'm equal opportunity here) how about the "Volley for the Valley"? The "Rivalry Along 22" is okay..."The Rivalry" is still pretty good in my book.

The Lehigh Valley Lovefest thats all I got for now.

carney2
November 17th, 2006, 06:55 AM

God stuff. Thanks.

carney2
November 17th, 2006, 07:10 AM

"The Rivalry" sux! In fact, anything with rivalry in it just doesn't get it done. This is a battle, a war, a brawl, a fight, but certainly not anything so tea-totaling, pinky extended, white gloves polite as a rivalry. Perhaps each player should be issued a handkerchief (pink would be my choice for color) so that they can wipe each other's noses after a particularly demanding exertion. Oh yeah, don't forget please and thank you. C'mon girls, we can do better than this. Chuck Burton, a/k/a LFN, put it out there back in July and asked for suggestions. Obviously, he received very few and was forced to rely on his Lehigh trained mind. This is what we got. Yuk! After 142 when I have regained control of my senses, I am making this a personal quest. Chuckie, I'll be in touch.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2006, 09:32 AM
"The Rivalry" sux! In fact, anything with rivalry in it just doesn't get it done. This is a battle, a war, a brawl, a fight, but certainly not anything so tea-totaling, pinky extended, white gloves polite as a rivalry. Perhaps each player should be issued a handkerchief (pink would be my choice for color) so that they can wipe each other's noses after a particularly demanding exertion. Oh yeah, don't forget please and thank you. C'mon girls, we can do better than this. Chuck Burton, a/k/a LFN, put it out there back in July and asked for suggestions. Obviously, he received very few and was forced to rely on his Lehigh trained mind. This is what we got. Yuk! After 142 when I have regained control of my senses, I am making this a personal quest. Chuckie, I'll be in touch.

xlolx

I still like ngineer's suggestion, "Armageddon". But I do think it's better than calling it "THE Game", which invites comparison to that "cute" rivalry that's "only" in its 123rd meeting. I really loathed calling it something that required a dissertation explaining what it wasn't.

Beleive me, I tried with my own suggestions, looking into the histories of Bethlehem and Easton... good luck. It wasn't easy.

You may just come back to "The Rivalry", same way I did. :D

carney2
November 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM
You may just come back to "The Rivalry", same way I did.

Never! It has now become a point of honor.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2006, 09:50 AM
You mean, a rivalry about "The Rivalry"?

:lmao:

carney2
November 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
You mean, a rivalry about "The Rivalry"?

:lmao:

Oh, you wordsmith, you.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Ha... xlolx .. oh you two...

I think a secret plan tmrw will involve kidnapping LFN and brainwashing him to nix 'rivalry'.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
"Armageddon" it is... (after thinking of P4L and Carney slipping something in my Yuengling... :eek: : retard : )

JohnG
November 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
26 Hours to kickoff, less then 22 hours till the tailgating begins. To say the very least I AM PUMPED! Now I'm off to get everything needed for tomorrow's festivities.

BTW: Chuck if you want to stop by and hang out with some Lehigh Students drop me a PM and I'll send you my info.

kardplayer
November 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I hate to agree with a Lafayette guy, especially this week, but I'm with Carney on this one. I tried to come up with some stuff during the summer thread, but nothing was very great.

I don't like "Armageddon", its just too much.

My three favorite names amongst the existing that I'd like to see L/L modelled after are "Brawl of the Wild", "Backyard Brawl" and "Red River Shootout"

Clearly "Brawl" is overdone, but maybe a word like "grapple", "clash", "conflict", "faceoff", "skirmish", "scuffle", "scrap", "battle".

Put together something about Valleys or Hills and I think you've got something.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Pfff... no prediction LFN?

We need to get Chicken Man over here....

B'rwak b'rawk B'RAWK!!

D'uh Le-high guru a'int nut-in but a chicken.... hawk..

B'RAWK!!

cosmo here
November 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Pfff... no prediction LFN?

We need to get Chicken Man over here....

B'rwak b'rawk B'RAWK!!

D'uh Le-high guru a'int nut-in but a chicken.... hawk..

B'RAWK!!

good imitation of Mr. Chicken, truly an original . . I'm glad we don't have more than one of him xlolx

carney2
November 17th, 2006, 02:32 PM
"Armageddon" it is... (after thinking of P4L and Carney slipping something in my Yuengling... :eek: : retard : )

We'll take it for this one day, but the polls have reopened.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
We'll take it for this one day, but the polls have reopened.

LFN: B'rwaaaak "The Rivalry"... b'rwaaaak "the Rivalry".... I can see him running around without his chicken-hawk head following the 4th quarter tmrw... :D

65 Pard
November 17th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Every year change the number

THE 142nd Battle in the Valley

LeopardFan04
November 17th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Every year change the number

THE 142nd Battle in the Valley

I like it! Simple, yet effective! :thumbsup:

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Finally, the Water Cooler... I mean Happy Hour... is here. All the press links will have to wait until I get home.

19 hours!

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm leaving Morristown, NJ at 8 am to hit up March Field and other assorted festivities. I am so stoked for this game because the season has been such a struggle and for the gods to smile upon us once would rock.

Damn, I cruised by March Field this evening about 6:30 and it was already three quarters full!

ngineer
November 17th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Damn, I cruised by March Field this evening about 6:30 and it was already three quarters full!

Maybe you were 3/4 full....:smiley_wi

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Now that was laaaaaaaaaaame...

GO PARDS GO!! GO PARDS GO!! GO PARDS GO!!

LAFAYETTE!

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah, and if I stopped I would be tanked! GO PARDS GO! I can't sleep so I'm up!

LeopardFan04
November 18th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I'm up and almost on my way! Have a fun and safe trip everyone! Go Pards!

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Lots of excitement in Lehigh Valley for this one...My Pardmobile will be outfitted and cruising down 22 soon enough!

PIRATETIZED1
November 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
This should be a GREAT game. Good luck to all!

Am I SO "old school" that I remember the 1964 game ending in a 6-6 Tie???

Both schools were having 'subpar' seasons that year.

Safe travel to all who plan to attend!!!!

PIRATETIZED :cool:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

MEAC Football Champions 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2005, and 2006
MEAC Basketball Tournament Champions 2001, 2002, 2006

65 Pard
November 18th, 2006, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=PIRATETIZED1]This should be a GREAT game. Good luck to all!

Am I SO "old school" that I remember the 1964 game ending in a 6-6 Tie???

Both schools were having 'subpar' seasons that year.

Safe travel to all who plan to attend!!!!

[B]PIRATETIZED :cool:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the 100th game....I was there.....anticlimatic game unfortunately...but a fitting final score.