PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State @ Youngstown State

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
5 dimes has YSU as 2.5pt favorite.

That doesn't seem too outrageous. Likely a must win for both teams.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 02:10 PM
This was coin toss pick em for me. YSU won th flip. Sorry trees....

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I don't know anything about YSU really. Looking at stats, YSU may have a bigger advantage, but the season averages have YSU not playing UNI and NDSU and ISUb not playing USD and WIU so they are a bit skewed

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
5 dimes has YSU as 2.5pt favorite.

That doesn't seem too outrageous. Likely a must win for both teams.

Usually home team is considered a 3 pt advantage, so yes, this is a push (pick'em) game. Really interested in seeing the outcome, and will probably be watching the espn3 edition, if not in conflict with the SDSU/WIU ice bowl.

ValleyTalk
November 14th, 2014, 05:15 PM
@YoungstownStFB: The #icecastle is showing its true colors today! http://t.co/ZnFwDo2Gxk

@Anthohknee7: The snow came to YSU early #ysugram @ Youngstown State University http://t.co/Y2NPmXaxXD

@GuitaristRobDog: #SnowFallAtTheCastle #YSUGram #YSU http://t.co/GNxBe18pFx

skinny_uncle
November 14th, 2014, 11:35 PM
@YoungstownStFB: The #icecastle is showing its true colors today! http://t.co/ZnFwDo2Gxk

@Anthohknee7: The snow came to YSU early #ysugram @ Youngstown State University http://t.co/Y2NPmXaxXD

@GuitaristRobDog: #SnowFallAtTheCastle #YSUGram #YSU http://t.co/GNxBe18pFx

Normally, the inclement weather would favor the running team (YSU). But it's a Valley game, so who knows?

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 11:49 PM
It's been pretty chilly here for the last few days

the one thing that gives me hope while looking at the stats is that YSU hasn't played NDSU and won't play USD and we haven played WIU and won't play USD. I'm not making a prediction just looking for things to give me a brighter outlook for tomorrow.

ValleyTalk
November 15th, 2014, 06:52 AM
We don't play UNI, we already beat USD.

Houndawg
November 15th, 2014, 07:29 AM
This is a hard one to pick - conventional wisdom says YSU plays like their back is to the wall since they know they are probably going to lose next week.

ValleyTalk
November 15th, 2014, 07:49 AM
This is the single biggest game Eric Wolford may ever face as a head coach. If he wins, we position ourselves for an at-large playoff spot and if we do make it to the playoffs, he secures his job moving forward. If we lose, the odds are completely stacked against us and he is likely out unless we shock the world and beat the Bison for the 3rd time and 4 appearances in Fargo.

With a true freshman QB, two sophomore RB's, and a beast of a DE that is only a sophomore, this team is very young and positioned to do great things in the coming years. Coach Wolford has his haters around town, but there is no denying the potential of this team in the coming years. I really want Coach to win this one and stay on board. He is a Youngstowner through and through and has sold some outstanding athletes on this campus and community. His teams are well disciplined and I do not recall a single incident off the field with him as head coach that left you shaking your head about one of his players.

Win one for Youngstown!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Last year's late season collapse is still fresh in my mind for YSU. Can they win this one or underachieve like in the past?

Should be a very good game with both teams playing well with their playoff chances on the line.

Toss up game for me. I'll go with the home team but very reluctantly.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 09:13 AM
We don't play UNI, we already beat USD.

Yes. I meant UNI

i was just looking for stats that gave me more hope. I have no idea what to expect today from either team and now throw cold weather in there.

UNI Pike
November 15th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Wolford's teams have seemed to under perform vs the purported talent level. It appears that the situation is similar to Iowa State - a coach that can recruit noted talent, but can't find a way to consistently find the wins.

penguinpower
November 15th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Wolford's teams have seemed to under perform vs the purported talent level. It appears that the situation is similar to Iowa State - a coach that can recruit noted talent, but can't find a way to consistently find the wins.

Yes spot on.

Kemo
November 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Happy to bring this game up on ESPN3 and hear YSU's announcer. That guy is awesome. He makes every play feel like a 90 yard TD.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Happy to bring this game up on ESPN3 and hear YSU's announcer. That guy is awesome. He makes every play feel like a 90 yard TD.

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

he shouldn't ever do a eulogy

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I don't know why people say YSU underachieves in November. They have simply had a back loaded schedule the past few years.

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 02:46 PM
A lot of not scoring at the end of drives both teams

dwtime
November 15th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Wells just got rocked.

Hammerhead
November 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Tie game with 22 seconds left. Ball at midfield and it's 4th and one for ISUblue

penguinpower
November 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
OT

Hammerhead
November 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Hail Mary fails -- heading to overtime.

IBleedYellow
November 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Youngstown threw a pick.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Hammerhead
November 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
ISU inctercepts the pass on the 1st play in overtime.

dwtime
November 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Huge INT in overtime Indiana only needs a FG to win it.

Hammerhead
November 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM
ISU wins.

Bisonator
November 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Nice win trees. Dang it.

IBleedYellow
November 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Good job Trees!

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

dwtime
November 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Unless YSU can beat NDSU next week they are out.

penguinpower
November 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM
You can't win many games when you put the ball on the ground 3 times and throw a pick. I Give ISU coaching staff a lot of credit. They were able to completely confuse our true freshman qb. Totally.

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 04:44 PM
YSU flushes another season of creating a great record with a piss poor ooc slate down the drain in conference play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

skinny_uncle
November 15th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Congrats to the Trees.

SoupCity85
November 15th, 2014, 04:56 PM
And another season down the drain....with another end of year collapse by the Penguins. See ya Coach Wolford!!!

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Very disappointing loss for YSU. Assuming they lose to NDSU next week, do they have enough quality wins for consideration?

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Very disappointing loss for YSU. Assuming they lose to NDSU next week, do they have enough quality wins for consideration?
7 wins but 3 of them were to Duquesne(5-6), Butler(4-7) and St Francis(5-5). There are going to bubble with all that has been going on in the Big Sky.

dwtime
November 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM

If YSU loses next week they should be out 7-5, 4 conference losses, 3 losses to end the season. Not a good resume.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Dear God and President Tressel. PLEASE FORCEFULLY KICK WOLFORD THE ***** OUT OF THIS CITY. RIGHT! *****ING! NOW!!! Thank you!!!

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 05:27 PM
All a big set up by ysu to get cheater vest to coach again

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2014, 05:36 PM
All a big set up by ysu to get cheater vest to coach again

Tressel?!?! Meh...that ship has sailed. I would be shocked if people up here REALLY want that either. I think what will be just as bad is if he tries to bring someone from Columbus.

penguinpower
November 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Wolford's issue is that while he is an excellent recruiter of talent he has to be the worst game manager that I have seen in my lifetime and I've been watching football for 40+ years. He is so completely inept it is unbelievable.

You can't win games against good teams if you can't get your athletes in position to make a play.

centennial
November 15th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Wolford's issue is that while he is an excellent recruiter of talent he has to be the worst game manager that I have seen in my lifetime and I've been watching football for 40+ years. He is so completely inept it is unbelievable.
Adam Dorell from NW Missouri State would be a good replacement either at Missouri State or YSU.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I think its time to look another way too. Time to see whats out there BESIDES some former mahoning valley resident.