PDA

View Full Version : #20 Bethune- Cookman @ Hampton on ESPNU 11/13/14 NOW!!

R.A.
November 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Top of the 4th quarter...

Hampton 40
Bethune 28

...#20 Bethune is on the ropes.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM
MEAC refs are not good....

WileECoyote06
November 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
MEAC refs are not good....

That's an understatement. Also why I never changed my siggy since we got in the MEAC in 2011.

dewey
November 13th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hampton leads 40-35 with 5:28 to go in the 4th quarter.

Dewey

WestCoastAggie
November 13th, 2014, 10:53 PM
A&T demolished this Hampton earlier in the season with a true Freshman starting for Quick at QB.

superman7515
November 14th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Well that pushes Bethune-Cookman to third in the conference, they now have 3 losses, and they were knocked off by a team that was 2-8 coming into the game. They'll be hard pressed to get into the playoffs now.

kdinva
November 14th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Well that pushes Bethune-Cookman to third in the conference, they now have 3 losses, and they were knocked off by a team that was 2-8 coming into the game. They'll be hard pressed to get into the playoffs now.

I agree, the MEAC will be a one bid Conf.....and teams like JMU, Indiana St., EKU, SDSU still have chances at bids.....

knucklehead
November 14th, 2014, 05:53 AM
and Liberty

catamount man
November 14th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Great win Hampton!

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2014, 06:53 AM

Especially considering having a strong defense was the one thing going for them. Allowing Hampton to score 40 points in a season where they were averaging 20 points per game is not good.

bodoyle
November 14th, 2014, 07:18 AM

So you're telling me the NCAA isn't going to pair CCU with B-CU? It's a fricking miracle!!!!!

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2014, 07:25 AM
So you're telling me the NCAA isn't going to pair CCU with B-CU? It's a fricking miracle!!!!!

I wouldn't mind my team playing a MEAC team to start the playoffs each year. Gives them a good tune up and a quasi-bye going into the round of 16. Besides, if you get seeded you wouldn't have had to worry about playing BCU unless they drew the Pioneer champ in the first round and I'd love that bracket too because it would basically be a free pass to the quarters for my team.

Tribe4SF
November 14th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Watched the BCU @ Hampton game and was surprised by how vulnerable BCU was and by their lack of discipline. Tribe played Hampton early at their place and dominated 42-14 despite a mediocre performance. BCU did not look remotely playoff worthy. Hampton is now well coached, and their freshman QB showed great leadership keeping his teammates from getting embroiled in the smack talk and extra curricular stuff. Great showing Pirates!

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't mind my team playing a MEAC team to start the playoffs each year. Gives them a good tune up and a quasi-bye going into the round of 16. Besides, if you get seeded you wouldn't have had to worry about playing BCU unless they drew the Pioneer champ in the first round and I'd love that bracket too because it would basically be a free pass to the quarters for my team.

20031.....EGG-ZAK-LAH PROF......PLAY-OFFS R 'BOUT SURVIVAL....LIVE TA PLAY 'NOTHERAH DAY.......AH CAIN'T UNDERSTAND DUH DEATH WISH...DAT SOME POSTERAHS HAVE.......WHIFF DUH DESIRE TA PLAY DUH TOUGHER ONES.....RIGHT AWAY....AN' BESIDES IT'S AGS......SOMETIMES DUH GIMMIES.....FIGHT HARD TA KEEP FROM......BEIN' TAKIN'..........DOODLE-DOO!

ps...DUH VALLEY BOYS...WOOD KILL FO' GIMMIES........AWK!

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2014, 08:06 AM

Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. ;)

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Watched the BCU @ Hampton game and was surprised by how vulnerable BCU was and by their lack of discipline. Tribe played Hampton early at their place and dominated 42-14 despite a mediocre performance. BCU did not look remotely playoff worthy. Hampton is now well coached, and their freshman QB showed great leadership keeping his teammates from getting embroiled in the smack talk and extra curricular stuff. Great showing Pirates!

Coach Maynor will have Hampton trending upwards and will help the MEAC improve their profile. He has a QB and is installing an offense that will put up points. All he needs this recruiting season will be horses on defense.

jmufan999
November 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. ;)

all you have to do is wish for it in order to get it? because JMU would love that, too.

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry but I don't see how Bethune can make it now.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 08:45 AM
How did this game end up on ESPNU?

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2014, 08:46 AM
How did this game end up on ESPNU?

ESPN has had a deal for years with the MEAC & SWAC...not hard to figure why.

TypicalTribe
November 14th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Still have a feeling that if SCSU and NC A&T win out, they will both get in. Committee loves wins and conference co-champs.

That being said, those who love chaos can root for the not completely ridiculous possibility of a five-way tie at 6-2 in the MEAC between SCSU, NC A&T, BCC, Morgan State and NC Central.

superman7515
November 14th, 2014, 08:55 AM
You get a playoff invitation! You get a playoff invitation! You get a playoff invitation! The whole conference gets a playoff invitation!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ArXy5soDY5U/Udtd6qnThjI/AAAAAAAAHvI/Yz6Tw6WmAqA/s640/oprah+you+get+a+car.jpg

Oh yeah... Sorry MVFC... Only one of you can come.

TypicalTribe
November 14th, 2014, 08:57 AM
NC A&T would be an easy matchup if JMU, Richmond or W&M end up in the field:

1. Greensboro-Richmond - 202 miles
2. Greensboro-Harrisonburg - 209 miles
3. Greensboro-Williamsburg - 229 miles

Also within range:

4. Greensboro-Chattanooga - 396 miles
5. Greensboro-Richmond (KY) - 390 miles

And, just for the conspiracy theorists:

6. Greensboro-Lynchburg - 115 miles

Wait, no. The committee couldn't slip Liberty and NC A&T into the field and then have them play each other, could they? Ummm.

TypicalTribe
November 14th, 2014, 08:59 AM

I couldn't tell which was worse last night, the officials or the announcers.

UNHWildcat18
November 14th, 2014, 09:10 AM
THANK GOD, now we can stop this silly hoopla of the MEAC potentially getting 3 teams in!

AggieManiac704
November 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM
xcoffeex

you guys really think we stink huh? lol. don't blame ya

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
NC A&T would be an easy matchup if JMU, Richmond or W&M end up in the field:

1. Greensboro-Richmond - 202 miles
2. Greensboro-Harrisonburg - 209 miles
3. Greensboro-Williamsburg - 229 miles

Also within range:

4. Greensboro-Chattanooga - 396 miles
5. Greensboro-Richmond (KY) - 390 miles

And, just for the conspiracy theorists:

6. Greensboro-Lynchburg - 115 miles

Wait, no. The committee couldn't slip Liberty and NC A&T into the field and then have them play each other, could they? Ummm.

I think we're going to Richmond, VA.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Just curious is all I didn't know that as I don't really follow either.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Still have a feeling that if SCSU and NC A&T win out, they will both get in. Committee loves wins and conference co-champs.

That being said, those who love chaos can root for the not completely ridiculous possibility of a five-way tie at 6-2 in the MEAC between SCSU, NC A&T, BCC, Morgan State and NC Central.

Well it isn't as much of a slam dunk as SCSU-Bethune since BCU had an FBS win. NC A&T would need a weak bubble like last year to get in.

That said I am pulling for SC State to lose and NC A&T to take the autobid.

R.A.
November 14th, 2014, 03:48 PM
xcoffeex

Some one even felt the announcers were bad... they're just haters.

Gordon Shumway
November 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I agree, the MEAC will be a one bid Conf.....and teams like JMU, Indiana St., EKU, SDSU still have chances at bids.....

I think they had a better chance of being a one bid league if they had the 3-way tie at the top. No way the committee would take three teams from that league, so they would have an excuse to eliminate both the non-AQs. With a two-way tie at the top, they probably both get in.

jmufan999
November 14th, 2014, 07:52 PM
xcoffeex

hard to tell if you're being sarcastic, but given the emoji, my guess would be that you are.

ejjones
November 15th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Your resume is weak; don't be surprised if only AQ get in. Committee will ask, who have you beaten? Stating you lost to scsu with freshman QB is an excuse. We beat BC with a freshman QB. Still a lot if football to be played though.

AggieManiac704
November 15th, 2014, 07:27 AM
hard to tell if you're being sarcastic, but given the emoji, my guess would be that you are.

no sarcasm here. i'm just as tired as tired of seeing our teams waste playoff spots as the rest of you all

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Can't believe it but Bethune is back in my bracket.

R.A.
November 15th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Can't believe it but Bethune is back in my bracket.

Lets see your bracket.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Lets see your bracket.

Well this has Cal Poly in it but they are probably going to lose...So you can cross them off the list...

Autobids(11): EWU, CCU, UNH, NC A&T, NDSU, Sacred Heart, Jacksonville State, Fordham, San Diego, Chattanooga and SHSU
At Large(13): ISUR, Nova, UNI, SELA, SDSU, JMU, Indiana State, EKU, Montana State, Cal Poly, Richmond, Montana, Bethune-Cookman

Bubble: William and Mary, SFA, YSU, NAU, Bryant, Bucknell, Liberty

URMite
November 15th, 2014, 10:41 PM

I certainly hope so. But only because it would mean we got in & a home game after the last 2 games...